Todo

3.9

Todo is useful when you have a deadline, need to focus, prioritize and get things done quickly like home or school projects or dozens of detailed work tasks.

Work for Todo?

Learning about Todo?

Todo Reviews

Ask Todo a Question
Showing 53 Todo reviews
Todo review by Bob D.
Bob D.

"Good if you need a to do application that can share tasks with others"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of free to do software out there. Even Google has it baked into their Google Now platform. But where Todo really shines is sharing tasks with others, and integrating them into a workflow that allows for not only project management, but also trivial tasks.

What do you dislike?

I like my software to have a little pizzazz. Todo is a little lacking in this area, but that's both a pro and a con. Having simple software that just works is important in the business world, and also for personal use. While I would like to see Todo update with a spicier UI, it's totally functional as is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I'm not a current user of Todo since I am no longer working with the company as an independent contractor that used it, I would recommend Todo if you want a simple, easy way to keep track of project tasks that allows multiple users the ability to update the projects.

Sharing projects tasks with those that I collaborate with as an independent contractor since I work remotely. That way I don't have to send/receive emails along the lines of "hey is this task done?" Using Todo, you can know in real time what a project's status is.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Todo
Todo review by Paola S.
Paola S.

"It is a smart task list that will help you organize your daily agenda"

What do you like best?

It allows you to establish task lists, and if you need to remember tasks repeatedly, the application reminds you to complete it 100%, It's free without intrusive ads and available for Web, Android and iOS, It is minimalist, easy to use and it avoids complications since its interface is very simple, allows you to categorize your tasks, has notifications and reminders

What do you dislike?

Has a paid version, which can be expensive for a task organizer, sometimes after loading many tasks the application may duplicate them, in next updates this failure can be resolved

With this application I solve the problem of forgetting the tasks that I have pending, since by reflecting them and placing an alert the application tells me when the time has ended

What Task Management solution do you use?

Todo review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"wunderlist 2.0 and thats not a bad thing."

What do you like best?

There’s not a lot nonsense to sift through, just open them up the app and start adding tasks. The app runs smoothly and works on all platforms (that we used) I do believe that Todo has an edge with the straightforward department over Todoist. Also the my day view function is very helpful and easy to access. We have found that it is very useful among staff.

What do you dislike?

This being a microsoft product integrates with Office 365. When we migrated to a google platform email server we also went to Todoist. I cant think of anything that I dislike about this software. Its simple, straight forward and gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Office 365 go with Todo. If you use Google Suite, go with Todoist. It will make your life a lot easier.

The "my day view" feature is very helpful in reminding staff of their to do lists. utilizing software like this eliminates the need for post it notes (almost ) and other forms of reminders. Its almost like a digital cheerleader. We have also used this software to delegate collaborative projects among staff. This has really helped in keeping up with who is doing what and when.

Todo review by Amaro S.
Amaro S.

"Basic to-do list for simple tasks or small projects"

What do you like best?

- Very simple to use! Just add tasks and check them once you are done.

- The "My Day" feature is very useful to do a 30sec recap of what you have for the day.

- You can create lists of tasks to separate all your to-dos (I keep track of both personal and work-related tasks). You can also nest steps under a single task.

What do you dislike?

Lacks customization (tags, colors..).

Lacks prioritization (it is only possible to mar "important", but this can be regarded as a good thing)

Over-simplified UX

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other to-do lists or task management tools available out there, most packed with features and great UX. However, if you just want a basic app to list tasks that is reliable and syncs across devices, try this one.

Ensure simple tasks are not forgotten in the sea of others, more urgent and/or important.

An app that is light and very easy use, readily available to log tasks as they are created.

Todo review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Simple way to stay organized"

What do you like best?

Todo immediately did everything I needed right when I installed it. The sub tasks do exactly what sub tasks should do, nested very neatly under the main task. I use it to juggle multiple projects. I can set deadlines or not. It syncs easily between my iPad and iPhone over iCloud or Dropbox. And I appreciate the notifications widget as well.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a way I could postpone an alarm, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I'm not sure how I'll feel about having my task list hijacked to pay again after another iOS upgrade, but I still prefer that to nickel and diming features or paying a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a perfect app with a ton of features!

The app is powerful and packed with features. I use multiple lists so that I can focus on just those tasks/items instead of having a large mountain of a to do list with everything clumped together making it impossible to make any progress. The highlight feature I see is that you can make todos reoccurring every however many days/few days/weeks/months you want and have all lists with different colors for todos of different category or relation. You can then view all of them on a timeline together or just ones that have due dates for today and tomorrow or ones that you've started as more important or needing more time and preparation that others.

Todo review by César O.
César O.

"Ideal organizer for the GTD method"

What do you like best?

The smart list "My Day", every day you are suggested tasks to perform based on unfinished tasks from the previous day and due date of the tasks

It is very useful to associate icons to the lists

It helps a lot to identify the tasks on the "my day" list.

What do you dislike?

List grouping is not yet available.

Not all features are available in all versions of the application (web, app, desktop)

The synchronization between the web and mobile versions of the application is not always good and requires constant login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pese a que to

Although it is still a very recent and constantly evolving product.

It is a very simple personal organizer that is both complete and adaptable to GTD

Todo review by Darin S.
Darin S.

"Is it the ultimate todo application?"

What do you like best?

One of the things I enjoy about todo is the ease of using the product. It is not cumbersome and makes fro easy entry of any todos that I may have. Many applications in this productivity arena make it complicated just to enter a reminder of a todo. Another feature is the ability to see Todo in my Notification Center.

What do you dislike?

Not as powerful as some productivity apps but again this is the beauty of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todo is worth a look to see if it is something you may implement. I have used it in the past and found it to be sufficient but not entirely what was needed.

I use todo primarily for my staff because I can share my select lists with them. This has enabled us to complete projects more seamlessly

Todo review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"I use Todo for my projects and tasks. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can set due dates and it will even suggest which task to do next.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that I can’t import things from my notes app on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its really helpful as you can have due dates and it will prioritize things on your list.

It is helping me plan out my days. I also put in every little task for my projects so that I am sure I hit each benchmark until it’s complete.

Todo review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"Todo Application"

What do you like best?

The essential program & application is Free. I have several things inside my day that I get sidetracked with and pulled far from, so this is a great reminder of where I actually am on task and feel great after i can mark things off and see my productive day.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the lack of a strong calendar functionality and inability to produce multi-step task timelines. Todo is also not a tool suited for collaboration between multiple users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todo is a good software for tracking & tracing close by opportunities.

Notices and visualization of my routine.

Todo review by Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.

"Todo is Simple and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Having used Todo for managing several tasks and projects at work, this is by far the easiest to implement and use tool. It's extremely handy with it's phone app and I appreciate the organizational tools it brings.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Todo to others who are looking for a simple task and project management platform for their company.

Todo helps me manage my time more effectively by focusing my to-dos in an easy-to-follow format. It also helps me work with others on projects to finish them completely on time.

Todo review by John K.
John K.

"MacroView and Micro Detail"

What do you like best?

I get overwhelmed at the same time that I need to see everything. This app covers me on both ends.

What do you dislike?

The signup process is a bit weird and the integration can be somewhat cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to create your categories and use a 'Junk Drawer"

Managing several channels that are distinct but integrated to a level.

Todo review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"It helps me keep to the most important tasks"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple to use, not complicated like many organizing tools that I have tried.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike about the app. I have not used it on my phone, I would like a phone app for it. There might be one, I just need to look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None that I can think of. I am not a super techy though.

Keeping myself focused on the most important things for each day. It is easy to edit as my day goes on and my priorities rearrange.

Todo review by Jose P.
Jose P.

"Good for all applications and users"

What do you like best?

Integration with Outlook Calendar very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Task data input not very straightforward. Need to go over the enumerated task to complete end date, alarms and reminders,...

Daily task management and programming. Esy to use in different devices (PC, Tablet and Mobile), fully integrated.

Todo review by Tu P.
Tu P.

"great tool to remind you of important tasks throughout the days"

What do you like best?

ability to quickly create to do tasks and set reminders

What do you dislike?

sometimes I cannot see the whole month's to do tasks for some reasons

Recommendations to others considering the product

great tool to use and keep handy on top of regular calendar in Outlook. Outlook will be great to set up meetings and to do list using network, otherwise it will be a bit difficult to do so. With To do, you can easily set it up for your home computer, no need for network server at work

make sure every important task is executed in a timely manner

Todo review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Todo--- great organizational program"

What do you like best?

I like that Todo is simple to use and the fact that it's in the cloud, so my to do lists are available at the office, at home and on the go. Very useful on my iPhone!

What do you dislike?

The voice app (using Siri on my iPhone to dictate into Todo) doesn't always work as it's supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sync feature is a huge plus!

Todo is great at reminding you to prioritize your to do lists--- especially helpful in that it syncs on all your devices.

Todo review by Heath A.
Heath A.

"Good To Do List with Integration"

What do you like best?

To Do is an easy to use to Do List that can be used in the web browser or as an android app. The versitality makes it useful in the office or on the go.

What do you dislike?

To Do is missing some features such as integration with wanderlist. There is a work around using zapier but it doesn't always work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there are better alternatives to to do.

I have used it to coordinate services and daily tasks for volunteers in the social services field.

Todo review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Todo Task Master"

What do you like best?

I like the look of the program, the simplicity, and it's effectiveness. It definitely keeps me on track.

What do you dislike?

The program does exactly what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just like any other program, it you get out of it what you put into it. If you want to work, you have to utilize it.

It keeps my different committee and project assignments organized. I now have other committee members using it as well to stay focused.

Todo review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"planner or not"

What do you like best?

Whether you like planning ahead or not, this app is for you. I love how clean the app looks. The app is easier to figure out than many other organization apps I have tried to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish all the features were free. I can't afford to spend money on apps. I know this is a lame thing to dislike about the app. But I wish I was able to use it to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it easy!

I work two part-time jobs that require to-do lists. I like that I can use just one app and have all my life (2 jobs and personal plans).

Todo review by Cody K.
Cody K.

"Lacking in a few places. "

What do you like best?

Integration to O365 applications, user interface are clean.

What do you dislike?

Seriously lacking features, would love to see TODO and Planner merge to one awesome app.

Task management

Todo review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Getting to know Todo"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily change a task into a project, modify the due dates, priority, etc.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see a calendar view of all my tasks, so I can see what's coming up, what I need to move around, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a more dynamic tool when all team members are using it, especially for assigning tasks/projects.

Productivity and project management

Todo review by Laura V.
Laura V.

"Todo review"

What do you like best?

TODO allows our team to prioritize, delegate and efficiently complete projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was an option to separate lists by dates to that most pressing tasks are completely in the order they are needing to be done by.

Todo help us to strategize and visualize what is needed to complete a project.

Todo review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tool for ToDo Lists"

What do you like best?

The todo interface is excellent, and easy to use. especially on mobile. The app is focused on your to-dos, and allows for multiple lists, priorities, and advanced functions, but doesnt get in the way.

What do you dislike?

The app has a poor interface for using the calendar. It is also not useful for multistep projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider todo for a lightweight tool for syncing todo lists with a powerful cloud interface with online access from the web.

We share todo lists to assign tasks to various employees for execution, while keeping it all in sync with everyone.

Todo review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"ToDo Stay on Task & Feel Accomplished!"

What do you like best?

The basic program & app is Free. I have several things in my day that I get sidetracked with and pulled away from, so this is a great reminder of where I am on task and feel great when I can mark things off and see my productive day.

What do you dislike?

nothing yet, it is very easy to use and I use it daily for work and personal

I use this everyday at work and also for things at home. I used it recently for our vacation & am able to include details of items, confirmation #s' etc.

Todo review by Jim A.
Jim A.

"Awesome App for Simple ToDo Lists and Reminders"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to organize into multiple lists. Option to add additional sub tasks to each todo.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I currently have is that there isn't an app for a Chromebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No training required. Simple to use.

Quickly add todo's to a list and the option to share them.

Todo review by Agency
Agency

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

Excellent software, easy to use, very user friendly interface and ability to add reminders. Full integrated with your outlook

What do you dislike?

i didn't find something that i didn't like. I truly recommened it

The business problems that TODO solved to me is to not forget things. Get reminders on time

"Simple great app"

What do you like best?

the fact that it is super simple and effective. In today's complex world, it is really difficult to find something simple that makes life easy

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, I would just like it to be the way it is rather than complicating and adding too many features

I never miss a thing with to do. My list keeps growing though and there's never a day with only 1-2 things. But the load of remember smallest of tasks are no longer on my brain

Todo review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Simple to use and comes in handy"

What do you like best?

Ease to jot down to-dos fast, simple app that can be used at any time, accessible on your mobile.

What do you dislike?

no option to share to-do list, or to assign the to-do list to other contacts

Recommendations to others considering the product

fast and reliable service that is useful for all Office 365 users

Planning and follow ups with colleagues and co-workers

Todo review by User in Computer Software

"Todo used for personal and professional business"

What do you like best?

I liked the easy todo interface, especially when using the mobile app. Mobile versions can sometimes be clunky and hard to navigate, and todo is easy and streamlined. I also liked the ability to create multiple lists for different purposes, and set priorities.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the lack of a strong calendar function and inability to create multi-step task timelines. Todo is also not a tool suited for collaboration between multiple users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend todo, simply because the todo list functionality it offers can be found in other apps/software for free, and it doesn't offer anything extra that makes it worth buying. If you're just looking for a to-do list app/software, you don't need something paid.

I have used todo to create and manage task lists for myself and my employees. The benefit is easy to control lists.

Todo review by Katina B.
Katina B.

"Simple & Amazing"

What do you like best?

That I can link my canvas school

Calendar

What do you dislike?

The bright white background is loud and startling st first

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build! Build! Build! Your list will come live

No more over scheduling meetings. ToDo gives insight on how long my walk/travel will be.!

Todo review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Functional"

What do you like best?

Great at multitasking between work, home, and life in general. I like the advanced options and feel confident using it daily.

What do you dislike?

Price - Seems a little expensive given all the options out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product with a lot of functionality. Has many options in other platforms but seems to work better than most. Overall, a great experience but in the end it is just a little too expensive for my daily needs.

I like the advanced synchronization aspects. Works well with all platforms I use it on.

Todo review by Kaprece J.
Kaprece J.

"Reminded about Todo used for years"

What do you like best?

It allows me to switch to a task list when working on emails.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If managing multiple email accounts an easy pop-up tool to help address ideas.

Keeps me organized when working on multiple emails accounts

Todo review by User in Higher Education

"Good for Organizational Techniques"

What do you like best?

I like how my tasks are organized the way I want them to be.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much time it took to get used to the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's a great app.

I'm using organizational strategies and getting things done.

Todo review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Nice Minimal App"

What do you like best?

The nice clean design and minimalistic look it offers.

What do you dislike?

They've taken an awesome app like Wunderlist and took all the functions out of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are considering using to do don't be surprised of the lack of some of the functionality due to still being in the embryo stage.

I was trying to solve the problem of delegating. The benefits I did find were that ease of use didn't take up a lot of space and functional.

Todo review by Prem S.
Prem S.

"It helps me to organize my day and activities "

What do you like best?

I can search the tasks and activities very easily and able to reach out to resources who are behind on their tasks.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish it would be synced with other products of MS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool

Not getting behind on my deliverables.

Todo review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Muy buena aplicación de gestión de tareas"

What do you like best?

Es muy intuitiva y fácil de usar. Permite eliminar las tareas completadas fácilmente.

What do you dislike?

Su falta de integración con otros servicios de forma eficaz, como Outlook.

La gestión de tareas asignadas a diferentes proyectos.

Todo review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Live my life for ToDO"

What do you like best?

Easy organization, tracking, adding recurring tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wish this integrated better with OneNote

Keeping my action items in one area where I can nearly divide into work streams. I can also add dude dates and reminder

Todo review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Todo Application User Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to add tasks and sync with my mobile device

Ability to get reminders on task

Ability to update tasks real time

What do you dislike?

No able to add sub tasks

Not able to add revolving tasks

Not able to share tasks with another person

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good app for tracking projects and tasks

I have been able to manage my tasks more effectively and follow up with my activities even while I am on the go

Todo review by Dani B.
Dani B.

"Todo Task Management "

What do you like best?

Ease of use was my favorite part of the application.

What do you dislike?

Prefer applications that sync with my project management application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Release of todo cloud is a huge benefit. Consider organizational team sharing prior to implemention.

Organization

Todo review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Orden y prioridad"

What do you like best?

El punto fuerte de Todo es su simplicidad. Nada mas fácil que saber que tienes que hacer en todo momento.

What do you dislike?

Mucha de la competencia ha insertado muchas mas funcionalidades en productos similares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fácil y eficaz, simple y en tu mano.

Las tareas pendientes son un problema en todo equpo de trabajo, Todo ayuda a que el problema se solucione de forma rápida y eficaz.

Todo review by User in Higher Education

"New to Todo"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use. But doesn't seem to have the typically "bells and whistles"

What do you dislike?

It doesn't sync with my existing calendar and there's no app for Android.

None at this time.

Todo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Review of ToDo List by Microsoft compared to Wunderlist"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface, easy to learn without any training.

What do you dislike?

Very slow and clunky compared to Wudnerlist. Syncing is not as quick, items after replication tend to show twice. Wunderlist also allowed for shared lists, and so far ToDo doesn't allow it which is a huge disadvantage.

I continue to have to enter my log-in details (even though I have checked the box to remain logged in.) Inconvenient for quick list viewing

Todo review by Jen B.
Jen B.

"Multi layer to do list"

What do you like best?

Ability to have parent and child categories for tasks

What do you dislike?

Many actions come from email - better interface to quickly turn emails to action

Proactive reminders for upcoming deliverables

Todo review by Keith G.
Keith G.

"Task Management"

What do you like best?

I like the initial organization structure and ease of input

What do you dislike?

I ended up no longer using because it got to cumbersome

Used for daily task lists

Todo review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Useful in my work environment "

What do you like best?

Easy to maneuver and comprehensive right from the start.

What do you dislike?

There is Nothing of dislike in my opinion.

Staying organized and prioritizing my work load.

Todo review by User

"Good todo list but not enough modifications for my use. "

What do you like best?

Simple structure/design, easy to use.It's easy to mark off which ones i'm done with.

What do you dislike?

not enough modification functions. I kind of wanted a board with all the things listed in one setting but this app lacks that function.

listing out things i need to get done or follow up with for each project, and checking them off as we go.

Todo review by Administrator

"Love, Love, Love Todo"

What do you like best?

Todo helps me manage my tasks, stay organized and get things done on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

I would ike if it had a built in reminder notice on unfinished items or to do items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for you smartphones used in collaboration with office 365

Organization, getting tasks completed, staying on top of things.

Todo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"To do is a nice tool for immediate opportunities "

What do you like best?

It is nice to work on to do as this gives the clarity on the immediacy of nearby opportunities

What do you dislike?

The opportunities which was delayed or planned for longer period will hard to trace by the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

To do is a good software for tracking & tracing nearby opportunities

Opportunities & Prospect tracking

"Simple and not fancy "

What do you like best?

It’s really simple. There’s not really anything about this app that is revolutionary or special

What do you dislike?

It’s just ok. It’s not mind blowing and it’s not horrible.

No benefits that come to mind. Really not much different than using the notes app or a piece of paper

Todo review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Mediocre"

What do you like best?

I like that it does the job. And it does the job right.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that I felt constantly pushed to sign up for their $20 a year cloud service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try something else.

Im solving time management problems. Ive noticed an increase in productivity.

Todo review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Works well. "

What do you like best?

I think it’s easy enough to use and simple to implement.

What do you dislike?

I think that it needs to be easily accessible across platforms.

It helps track tasks and stay organized as well as on top of what needs to be completed.

Todo review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Helped organize and manage"

What do you like best?

Managed the team tasks and tracked to a deadline well. User friendly

What do you dislike?

Not much that I dislike. Was easy to use and helped teammates.

Benefits such as tracking and scheduling deadline priorities.

Todo review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"To Do to track your next day"

What do you like best?

Able to manage my daily schedule and reminders for opportunities.

What do you dislike?

To Do Filters are sometime not working so not very usefule

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice Tool to manage your daily tasks

Notifications and visualization of schedule

Todo review by Consultant

"Todo review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the mobility features are the best.

What do you dislike?

Awareness is bad and notification/reminder is weird

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great handy app for daily task tracking

Day-to-day task tracking across teams

Learning about Todo?

* We monitor all Todo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.