Todoist

With Todoist for Business, you and your team are more focused, more productive, and more in sync than ever before.

Work for Todoist?

Learning about Todoist?

Todoist Reviews

Ask Todoist a Question
Showing 273 Todoist reviews
Todoist review by Luis M.
Luis M.
View Original

"Organiza tu jornada perfectamente."

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Todoist
Todoist review by Debbie W.
Debbie W.

"Helps you to stay organized"

What Task Management solution do you use?

Todoist review by Erik O.
Erik O.

"Simple yet Powerful"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of Todoist are:

Super-fast natural language processing for the quickest task entry there is.

Simple / Clean Interface.

Features and functions which are align with Doist's vision for the product, and not adding functions and features just for the sake of adding more.

Multi-platform support.

Lots of options for integrations via Zapier / IFTTT / etc. with Todoist's API.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Project aspects / hierarchy was a bit more powerful.

I wish that there was more (and better) reporting and analysis of open and closed tasks and projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the low price of entry and Doist's dedication to the product there isn't much to lose to see if it's right for you.

I'm using Todoist to keep up with my personal tasks and my work tasks/projects.

I've been using Todoist for about a year and a half now. It was drastically improved my organization. Being able to instantly add, review, and work on my tasks from anywhere and with any device is amazing.

I also heavily utilize integrations with other services so that everything can flow into Todoist and my task list. I don't have to check multiple systems or applications for things that need to be completed since everything can seamlessly flow into Todoist.

One of the biggest benefits is how quick and easy it is to add new tasks and Projects with the Quick Entry feature and Natural Language Processing. Being able to quickly get tasks in is a huge advanced compared to other products I have used and it makes it a lot easier to pick up and use.

Todoist review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Simply the super complete and easier to use personal organizer! "

What do you like best?

There are infinite applications and excellent software that help you manage your tasks and activities. But without a doubt I must admit that ToDoIst is the winner in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when I delete a task there is not a simple undo. I deleted a task by accident and had to download a backup (I was glad they had that) and manually recreate the task and all its subtasks based on the data in the spreadsheet provided. It was really annoying and we lost all our comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its use plays an important role for anyone who, due to their degree of daily activities, often can not perform them. It is advisable to keep track of the things you have to do each day, which increases efficiency both at work and in your personal life. being able to be calm of not happening some, this application informs us every time that an activity approaches or every day I review all my tasks, it makes my days easier.

I have been using ToDoist for a little more than a year and a half, and during this period it has been bug free. Previously I had tried many other applications, but for me, ToDoistes the best of all. I really like the integration, control and flexibility that I get with this application, which allows me to collaborate with other team members. I have multiple lists for different clients, team members and personal goals as well.

- The software is super simple and simple to use

- Very profitable against other similar platforms

- ToDoist always looks for new tools or improves existing processes

- integrates well with other third-party software such as Amazon Alexa or Zapier

- Great mobile application to access on the move

- Based on the cloud, so it is synchronized on all devices.

Todoist review by Elsy L.
Elsy L.

"Excellent tool for the fulfillment of my activities!"

What do you like best?

I resorted to this application because there are days in which I have a lot of work many times I forget the tasks that I must perform affecting productivity and performance in my functions, at the end of each working day I plan according to my activities the tasks according to his order of importance that I must carry out the following day avoiding that they are forgotten.

What do you dislike?

It informs me every time that I must perform a task according to the schedule agreed to avoid losing it by increasing productivity in the company, as I learned the benefits that contributed to my work began to apply in my personal life especially for my children I must be to the pending of his attendance to the music classes and other school activities what allows me to be up to date with each task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its use plays an important role for any person who, due to their degree of daily activities, often fails to perform them. It is advisable to keep track of the things that you have to do each day, which increases efficiency both at work and in your personal life. being able to be calm of not happening some, this application informs us every time that an activity approaches or daily I review all my tasks, it makes my days easier.

Informs me through a notification every time it comes time to perform a task by checking it once your time has arrived, moving it as done also allows you to modify the time or simply attach comments, it is very practical fits any fixed or cell phone.

Todoist review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Life-Saving Todo App"

What do you like best?

I love that Todoist allows you to create multiple projects. It also allows you to nest sub-tasks under tasks. That is super helpful as we track the completion of steps in a larger task. I like that the comments section cuts down email and keep communication with the task it pertains to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I delete a task there is no simple undo. I deleted a task onetime by accident and I had to download a backup (thankful they had that) and manually recreate the task and all its sub-tasks based off of the data in the spreadsheet provided. It was really annoying and we lost all our comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. It will help your team. Give it time to catch on.

We have staff meetings and before Todoist, action items were subject to whoever decided to add tasks to their calendar in the moment. In our meeting now, we can all be assigning each other or ourselves tasks in realtime as we discuss upcoming projects.

Todoist review by Nikki B.
Nikki B.

"Simply the Easiest Personal Organizer!"

What do you like best?

I love on this app that when you type in your note, ie - "Meeting 4/21 at 2pm with Joe" it automatically categorizes it on the date and time you typed in - no having to open a calendar and scrolling to choose a date and time. It seems small - but it saves a ton of time! The project tree works really well on here also, being able to seed different tasks under one parent is really convenient.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I dislike too much on here - we get kind of overwhelmed in the world with every app having a different function they do well and having so many, but this is one that operates pretty seamlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great app for either personal use or work use, individually or as a group. I love the program and find it easy to assign things and keep them organized neat and simple so no one feels overwhelmed with their workload, even when we're busy

It's very easy for management to add tasks under jobs for the crew to complete and add them to the job. It's really easy for people to just be able to check off blocks on their cell phone and see positive progress on their overall assignments for the week as they accomplish them. It's also very easy for management to see when someone isn't finishing tasks and is seeming to get bogged down so we can check in. It's very helpful!

Todoist review by Fabrice M.
Fabrice M.

"Multiplatform Task Management"

What do you like best?

I like the multiplatform capabilities of Todoist. Any platform out there seems to be supported. Also the flexibility when using filters and labels and that you can also use your mail client, be it via a plugin or by forwarding mail to (projects within) Todoist is really powerful. So I use forwarding rules in my mail client in combination with filters and labels and I have full control of my tasks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can only store 200 tasks per project and that I need to divide my project into sub projects. I do a lot of calls and it is not uncommon for me to have 200+ call tasks. Creating sub projects is just a drag here. I hope the peeps at Todoist are going to fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried and tested quite some task management systems. The combination of powerful filtering and labeling and tackling the availability of Todoist on any platform out there, makes it the most functional task management system out there.

I have one central place where I can manage all my tasks instead of having different task management systems in place from CRM, SharePoint, etc ...

Todoist review by Rob J.
Rob J.

"Recommended to me...not I recommend to you. Fabulous product."

What do you like best?

I like a few things about this product:

- The ability to separate tasks by classification or projects.

- The ability to prioritize tasks within classifications/projects, and any given day

- The ability to integrate with other apps (using Zapier)

- The ability to quickly enter, move, and change tasks.

- It's simplicity.

What do you dislike?

Not much to not like. It's simple and organized. I can't think of anything to dislike. If I had to choose something, I would say that I don't use the paid version and it limits me on some of the things I can do to customize what I see and notifications. I'm most likely going to purchase the premium level after having tested it for free (initial setup).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Use it. If you don't have very many tasks to track throughout the day or weeks, it's not for you; however, if you want to get and stay organized, this is the app for you.

Staying organized with several tasks. I just started integrating my CRM with Todoist by entering the task into the CRM and migrating the task to the day's tasks on Todoist. Keeps me on track for the day. If it's not on my to do list, it doesn't get done.

Todoist review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Todoist helped me focus - to write this review"

What do you like best?

Its a simple solution to capture all of your misc to dos, so that you know they are in one place, giving you peace of mind so that you can move on to get other stuff done. The key to the solution is its cross platform functionality similar to evernote so that you can sync across all of your devices and it includes an outlook integration. Similarly team members can collaborate and use it together - sharing tasks, delegating, and it creates the perfect tool for teams and managers to track progress.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want a piece of paper to scratch things out...and then it feels repetitive even though you know that todoist is better... without the right discipline, it's easy to forget and end up right back where you started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an important personal productivity tool, so I would suggest trying it out quickly and comparing to not only your scratch paper method but also other tools such as evernote, wunderlist, etc. that may or may note be better for you personally. There are a lot of options but unfortunately once you commit to one you really cannot go back easily and the friction / switching costs may not be worth it. That's why I tried a few out and learned that todoist was easily the best for me!

Ensuring that all of my client follow-up items, and other tasks from administrative to personal are in one place and dont fall through the cracks!

Todoist review by David James B.
David James B.

"The best To Do List App"

What do you like best?

There are lots of great Apps and software applications that help you manage your tasks and things to do. But I must say ToDoIst is the winner in my opinion.

I have been using ToDoist for just over 12 months, during this period it has been fault free. Previously I had tried, evaluated and tested many other Apps, but for me, ToDoist beat them all. I really like the integration, control and flexibility I get with this App, allowing me to collaborate with other team members. As I also use Amazon Alexa, it allows me to add things to my to-do list by asking Alexa to add to my list. I have multiple lists for different clients, team members and personal goals too.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective Vs other similar platforms

- Robust, not had any issues

- Innovation - ToDoist are always looking at new tools or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with other 3rd parties software such as Amazon Alexa or Zapier

- Great mobile App for access on the move

- Cloud-based so syncs across all devices.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like to be honest, it does what it says on the tin. Maybe a drag and drop feature allowing emails to be dragged into the list for action and follow-up

Allows me to manage my long lists of things to do, keeps me in control even when I am out of the office. The fact I can have different lists for all my clients, lists of personal tasks and lists for family tasks too.

No more paper lists or post-it notes stuck on my desk.

Todoist review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"Great cross-platform task list app"

What do you like best?

I have this app on my iPhone, my PC, my Mac, and on the web. It's everywhere, and that's part of why it's awesome.

What do you dislike?

The Windows store app UI is a little convoluted - there's a settings gear on the left next to my account picture, then there are other menu items in the top right, then there's a hamburger menu in the top of the window that actually just collapses the project column on the left -- it's disorganized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a multiplatform to-do app, this is my favorite of all the ones I've used.

Todoist helps me track action items outside of email and notes files that I actually need *to do*. I've been much more adept at keeping track of things that my colleagues struggle to track by using a to do app, and Todoist's syncing functionality across all platforms helps me do that.

Todoist review by Cristina Marie C.
Cristina Marie C.

"The prettiest to do list ever!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about ToDoist is the design. It's lightweight and easy on the eyes so you're not bogged down by your tasks. The hardest thing about a to do list is that you easily get overwhelmed with EVERYTHING. Yes, it's a brain dump - but now that it's dumped - you see everything that you need to do. But the benefits is that you can change your views to see just today, the next 7 days or just things in a particular 'project'.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is not being able to do reminders in the free version. That's probably the only feature in the premium version that I feel I could really make use of. But with the amount of software I use for project management, to do lists, design, development, etc - it's a little much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's actually helpful to compare different to do lists apps at one time so you can gauge what's easiest to set up. It'll also be helpful to determine what is nicest to look at - you'll basically live in this program EVERY DAY so make sure you will like constantly looking at it before you commit.

The main business problem that we've solved is being able to add items to someone else's list. Usually something as small as 'Follow up with so-and-so' is not appropriate to put on a PM software but how do you get it onto someone else's list to remember? The collaborative project features in Todoist helps solve that.

Todoist review by Reed Q.
Reed Q.

"My personal assistant which control my tasks"

What do you like best?

This is my favorite multi-platform task management tool. I use it both for project management and for all personal tasks. Keeping all my tasks was such a headache, but this tool makes it so easy. Setting up a task that must be performed every Monday morning, and then it appears on all my devices, so I do not forget and do not miss anything important, it's fine.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. The only thing I would like to change is to improve the way of editing priorities in one task (now the user should open the task, click "change", change the priority and then save). It would be especially better to use a mobile priority editing system based on gestures, for example, the task of planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist keeps me organized and reminding me of the tasks that I need to perform on a certain day through notifications. It also hides the tasks that I completed, making the to-do lists less cluttered.

This is a good way to organize and track business and personal tasks. With this tool, I can better meet the timing. Notifications also serve as a reminder of the tasks that I need to perform during the day.

Todoist review by Jerrod M.
Jerrod M.

"Planning my workflow"

What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the program. To whom I advised it, Todoist also approached. Became much easier to control my schedule and do business with Todoist. I'm glad that I can use the program on my mobile phone, in mailboxes or in web browsers. The function of sharing common tasks has helped me more than once because working in a place with employees in real time over a single project is improving our productivity. I like that developers are always on a trend and quickly add new features. For example, I liked the function of adding tasks via Alex.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more opportunities for backup (not only Google Drive and Dropbox), I do not use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program provides more useful functions than other programs of this type. This helps you to carry out your tasks and projects and thereby improve your productivity.

With the help of the program, I became more organized at work and fulfilled all my tasks quickly and efficiently. Todoist helps us to do and control the full process of work of all employees and track the result of the work done.

Todoist review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Simple but life-changing"

What do you like best?

The simple format and process of adding and completing tasks are about as user friendly as you could get. It removes checked off items from the to do list so that your list grows shorter as you complete tasks, which is much more validating and comforting to a busy person during a stressful day.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could add other colors as the background, because it gives you the option of two aggressive colors (red and orange) or black or grey, which are clearer but a little more depressing. I wish there were blues, greens, purples, etc. available with a basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How a product can be so simple yet so transformative to work flow is amazing. Todoist gives you all the features you need with none that you don't. Any employee with any work style can use this, and master its functions and assistance with no prior background or training.

This brings the task list to ultimate organization. While Outlook's email tasks are helpful because of the ability to flag items for follow up, Todoist creates this effect for everything else. I love the categories available for projects, and the ability to set goals, days off, points earned for completing tasks, etc. helps keep employees motivated in a positive and growth-inducing manner.

Todoist review by Edward C.
Edward C.

"Good, but not great"

What do you like best?

Todoist offers a great process for easily creating, organizing, and prioritizing tasks to completion. I LOVE Karma (although I don't fully understand how it works) and enjoy how accessible it is throughout all of the many different devices I use.

What do you dislike?

I wish Todoist included a calendaring option. Also, the recurring task process is poorly designed. I HATE that if I complete a recurring task in advance it is removed altogether, and it removes the incentive of working ahead. It seems that the product is not enhanced, and their dev team is just keeping up with bugs without introducing new features or services. I will definitely be looking at other options for my team once our subscription is up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Innovate and add new features and enhancements.

Organization and productivity. Our teams are better aligned and constantly working to produce Karma and progress.

Todoist review by William C.
William C.

"Best Todo app out there"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great functionalities that integrate really well with any workflow. I personally use GTD and it works really well with the inbox and projects functionality. The reminders are really on point too, allowing for moment or location reminders.

What do you dislike?

Not many out of the box integrations from the app it self. You need to use a service like IFTT to add more integrations with other apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a really neat todo manager for your critical task and not forget about stuff you need to do before doing other things, consider todoist. The free version is really awesome as well.

Visualizing my day and ordering tasks that need my immediate attention. I use it for stuff that needs to be done either within the next 7 days or for reminders about events/meetings and other stuff happening further down the road.

Todoist review by Tina F.
Tina F.

"Amazing Free Alternative to Apple Notes and Reminders"

What do you like best?

First off, I love that the free version of this app does everything I need it to and more. The ability to sort all my tasks by project and/or client is what I was lacking in the alternative Apple notes and reminders on my phone. It syncs across all of my devices with ease and the productivity tracker is a nice little bonus to keep myself on track.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this app, the free features are just what I need, I do with some of the paid features were available - but, thats what paid features are for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a more robust, free organization tool - then look no further. ToDoist has been the perfect upgrade that I was looking for, without having to pay for the premium features at the moment.

Organization when it comes to my clients, projects and my business in general is top priority when my memory fails me. I work with a variety of apps to keep my business afloat and this is one that I plan on keeping around for a while. The project based tasks and list creation and the overall interface of this app make tracking and organization a breeze.

Todoist review by Lindsey H.
Lindsey H.

"Making a list, not having to check it twice!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to color code tasks based on the level of priority. My top tasks are at the beginning of the list in red, then orange, then yellow, then white. The interface is clean and so easy to use. I used to make to-do lists in my phone on my Notes app, but I will always prefer my lists out on a desktop with a keyboard. However, in a pinch, I can always open up the app on my phone and type there! It's great how you can access your account on any device, and no matter what device, it's still so easy to use. I'm also able to differentiate between work tasks, personal tasks, shopping lists, etc. Though I use Todoist mainly for work purposes, it does come in handy when I'm already at my work desk and need to make a quick grocery list for after work!

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with the software thus far. However, I can't figure out how to access tasks that I've already checked off. To view your activity log, you must pay for a premium subscription to the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go if you're sick of losing post-it notes or unable to keep up with other to-do software apps. Simple, clean, and will surely fit your needs.

Prioritization and recurring reminders are probably the best features that make me more productive at work. Having a clean, color-coded visual of my tasks in order of priority has allowed me to feel in control of my work. I no longer have a sinking feeling that something is missing from my stack of chick-scratch post-it notes. The software is also intuitive when it comes to dates, so when you start typing "next week" you have the option to put the task's on next week's to-do list. This is helpful and saves me time when I have a million things running through my brain and I'm trying to get them out before they float away!

Todoist review by Britany K.
Britany K.

"Gives a big help at all my task."

What do you like best?

Wonderful that I can get access to tasks from everyplace. Also, I can work on joint tasks with more opportunity. Reach more by breaking important tasks into the smaller task. The nice way to get notified by e-mail or push notifications as large changes occur.

What do you dislike?

During the all working process, I just had one issue with the adding it is was very slow. Now it works much better. I'm glad that I'm working on this solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, we can allow a lot of great deals. You can easily work on joining tasks. You can share an unbounded number of tasks with everyone - colleagues, relatives and work in real time above joint projects and purpose. I recommend it to you.

Gives the ability to share projects, tasks and argue details on any electronic device or platform. We have the opportunity to use sync of information in real time. We can add as many details as we like using comments. It is wonderful to attach PDF files, spreadsheet and pictures.

Todoist review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Todoist Assistance"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the integration with Amazon Alexa

What do you dislike?

I am not the biggest fan of the initial menu. Ease of use could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial implementation will take some time and commitment. But once you are able to label and create specific lists to your daily routine and weekly industry requirements, the program becomes a part of your day that improves your daily efficiency and organization. IT allows for motivation and feedback that can improve your scheduling and productivity. The mobile app tracking shows you your progress, completions, and streaks, allowing for you to see immediate feedback and information regarding your focus on the items you need to complete, This can assist in your focus, helping to avoid the daily distractions of social media and internet that decrease productivity in the office and out in the world.

The Karma attribute is an additional motivation tool. It will set goals, provide additional feedback and allow for you to motivate your self in addition to the tool. If utilized throughout a business, you are able to create additional tasks goals and competitions, tie them to performance reviews, and set company goals. Labels helps you organize your todos quickly. Filters allows for company integration, prioritizing and assigning different tasks to different employees. This is one example of how we can use the latest programs and technology to imporve our employees and companies, connect everyone, and continue to drive your business into an efficient future.

Easily track tasks for the future.

Todoist review by Erich D.
Erich D.

"With this software, you can do more than ever."

What do you like best?

The most that I like on this software that I can have an access to my tasks from any place. I have the ability to work on my tasks are always on my phone or in incoming letters and much more. Also, I like to create my own design with more effective tools.

What do you dislike?

Actually, all working tools are powerful and work well. But will be much better if we can create more colorful project. I would like to build the more beautiful interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say YES to this software and I will recommend it to you. With this solution, you will have the ability to use more functions. Also, you will have better arrange your tasks and of course optimize your performance. The great thing that you will have reminders via email or messages. Definitely, an amazing to work with it.

We have great ability to share an unlimited amount of tasks with our colleagues or family members and work in real time on projects. We glad that we can work more on collaboration features and reach our goals.

Todoist review by Jaime K.
Jaime K.

"Near-Perfect Todo List"

What do you like best?

Todoist is my favorite multi-platform task management tool. Between Windows, iPhone and Apple Watch support, I can easily manage tasks throughout the day without having to exert any additional effort to check where I am. I use it for both project management as well as all personal tasks. Some of the integrated flexibility isn't obvious out of the gate, but when learned it's a fantastic tool

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish sharing made Todoist a more robust platform like Kanban systems for project management, though I feel particularly with the more left-sphered users, this is about as close as you can come for minimal and direct communication while being visual enough for those not comfortable with list formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe not the best tool if you're an incredibly visual thinker and need to see projects laid out in a kanban style. If used for lists, it's the best I've used.

For project management, this app can work as an in-between for people with different workflows, mostly due to simplicity.

Todoist review by Jesus C.
Jesus C.

"Todoist, excellent way to maintain order in your work."

What do you like best?

The advantages of the tool are very good, since it allows you to keep an order in the projects that are being developed in the work, the ability to carry several projects, each with its individual tasks, allows maintaining an order in what is done Every day, knowing the amount of tasks performed and how long I take, helps to maintain a precise order in things, this is very important in the day to day when there are many things to do, in addition to this, they can also be carried out projects among several people, assigning tasks to each worker, helping to maintain order and measuring the productivity of each one.

What do you dislike?

Although the program is very complete and carries out its task, it has some errors in the application of windows 10, sometimes in this version it is stuck, and when using in occasions the association to a gmail account it comes out with error or is the of another user, if they solve this it would be difficult to find an error to the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need to have control of your projects and tasks, organizing everything in one place and that is free, Todoist is your answer, very good application, highly recommended by me.

The need to keep order in your projects and tasks, without having to pay (for the basic service) maintaining an order in each project and task, know what worker did, greatly improving productivity and control, a very complete application.

Todoist review by Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.

"Todoist "

What do you like best?

The best feature of Todoist is that I am able to prioritize items, categorize them by type of project (work or personal, for example) and allows me to stay organized. I love the feature of "post-poning" projects too. Often-times in my work day more pressing items tend to pop up which renders my to-do list moot. With Todoist I can push lower priority items to another day, while still keeping it on my docket to get done.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that calendar view is a premium feature. It's a basic tool, but it would be so helpful to see my To do list in calendar format rather than a list. The fact Todoist limits what users can do in the free version at such an extreme amount, it does make me seek out other options to use that meets more of my needs. It's not worth paying for such basic features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't plan purchasing the Premium version, Todoist likely won't meet your needs. If you are considering a project management tool for yourself personally, Todoist is a good option for small projects or simple lists. However, if you would like to collaborate with colleagues more easily while working on complex, multi-faceted projects I would recommend using another program. Todoist does not seem to be the best value on the market. After searching for the best project management tools, Todoist doesn't fit the bill for most of the projects I work on.

Sometimes with new priorities that pop up at work, it is very easy for me to get distracted from items I originally intended to get done. With Todoist I no longer forget about any items. I can ensure that all my projects get done.

Todoist review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Keeps me from losing my mind... "

What do you like best?

It's a to-do list app that just works, on every device. It has a gmail plugin so you can add tasks easily. Likewise, with the Chrome browser extension. I manage my client task to-dos on there, as well as many other things. It's elegant, simple and does just want you need. At this stage, the only reason I would consider leaving is if some other SaaS product had Todoist standard task management built in with other tools I need. For now, I'm just glad I have Todoist to stop me from losing my mind.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of any dislikes. I mean, if you're looking for something more powerful or sophisticated, then perhaps Todoist might not be right for you (I don't plan or track projects with this tool), but to help you keep track of tasks (with ability to set dates, priority flagging, recurring events etc), it really works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist gives you peace of mind, so you don't drop the ball.

Not dropping the ball. As soon as I have a task that needs doing, I stick it in Todoist. So it's immediately out of my head. The app is useful for this, when you think of something on the move. I check Todoist in the morning and make sure I have a clear plan for the day. If you use pen and paper, this can completely replace the need for notebooks (although, I still use them as I like the ritual of planning the day in this way).

Todoist review by Caleb C.
Caleb C.

"Easy task management."

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to add task. When making a to-do list, convenience is key for me, otherwise I probably won't use the tool/list.

What do you dislike?

It seems difficult to add recurring tasks and information to go along with tasks. For example, I want to make myself a reminder to check several websites every day. There is no space to add links for those websites and Todoist doesn't seem to recognize that I don't need to complete the task over the weekend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for simple to do lists. For complicated scheduling/tasks there seem to be better email tools out there.

Todoist helps me stay on top of my day to day workload. It's eliminated a large portion of the paper to do lists I've used in the past.

Todoist review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Your tasks synched across all devices!"

What do you like best?

Easy task management and ability to sync tasks across multiple devices.

I love that I can create tasks on my desktop/laptop and then they sync over to the app on the iPhone/iPad or even web interface, so that I can have them on the go.

Keeping up with all my to-do's used to be such a headache, but Todoist makes it so easy. I love that I can do recurring tasks too. That's a big part of my business. Setting up a task that has to be done every Monday morning and then having it show up over all my devices so I don't forget/miss doing it is perfect.

I really dig that you can have sub-tasks too! Nesting them really helps me to see what has to be done and I have and aggregate view from the top, but then I can drill down into specifics of each subset.

The fact that there are so many clients available for it, including browser extensions for all the major browsers is a big plus!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find tasks due in the future but not within the next week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist will help you manage all your tasks across multiple devices

Keeping straight what it is I have to do both personally and for clients. This tool keeps me organized and in charge of both my personal and business life. I've tried many different to-do list managers, but this one really fits all my needs.

Todoist review by obai s.
obai s.

"A professional to do list manager that i use on every platform."

What do you like best?

The best thing that made me like todoist, is the fact that they have a native client for every platform. Windows, mac, android, IOS ,wearables and a couple of very useful integration browsers and services like gmail.

I can manage my lists any time and any where with complete ease. and i can totally depend on the detailed reminder feature found on todoist.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i think todoist lacks is a day planning feature similar to many provided by its competition.

It would be nice if there was a wizard inside the app that I can use on the morning to plan my day by review or rescheduling my tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a clean app to handle your to do list in a professional way. Give todoist a try. it will help you group your tasks inside projects and you can find a client for each and every platform you own.

I use it to track the my progress in the projects i manage. By adding tasks and sub-tasks i get the opportunity to prioritize these tasks and address them one by one.I can even use the inbox view to have the tasks of the next 7 days in one place in case i need to reorganize them.

Todoist review by Gabriel P.
Gabriel P.

"useful"

What do you like best?

i like that we are now able to watch everyone's job and how much does it have to do. I will use it now with more workers in the company, i've been reading about how can i calculate KPI with this

What do you dislike?

maybe i would change colours... maybe is already possible. Not todoist, but g2crowd should have an "spanish" version. It is a little hard to do this in a foreign language, i think maybe people from todoist won't even know what i tried to say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it!

different departments can now ask each other what is most important for them.

We are great about the way leaders can ask an specific person to do something particularly necessary or just hard. This way you can see how much everyone is doing for the company

Todoist review by Braden K.
Braden K.

"Love the UI, Want better features in free"

What do you like best?

I love the UI, and usability of this simple and straight forward app / website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many of the features I want to be able to use are hidden behind the pay for version. I would really like the ability to put notes on tasks in the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at ToDoist and Wunderlist. The UI, in my opinion, is better in ToDoist, but the features in Wunderlist Free are much better.

I use task lists for many of my staff and this is one way for us to keep a live, running track of what needs to be accomplished in the facility in real time. I can get notifications when tasks are done, share the list with others through their apps on their phones. It save a lot of time and paper.

Todoist review by Bryan C.
Bryan C.

"Organize and Get things done!"

What do you like best?

Coming from Wunderlist, which I loved, Todoist paid version has a lot more features, and I like how it integrates with other software, so I can send an email or webpage to Todoist, for example, and set a specific time to remind me of it. I also like how it's easy to snooze an item to "tomorrow, next week, etc." with a couple clicks. Todoist lets you use natural language to set reminder times, such as "tomorrow at 3pm". It's clean and simple to use, yet feature-rich.

What do you dislike?

Although it's mostly intuitive to use, sometimes I find parts of the interface to be a little confusing. This is minor, however, as it's generally very easy to use.

I use Todoist to manage multiple projects. It's easy to separate them into folders and subfolders per client. I also use it for my shopping list!

Todoist review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Todoist, best personal task app"

What do you like best?

What I liked the best about this application is the variety of different platforms it supports. It supports, iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, they even have a web application when you are not on any personal devices.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is, you cannot add sub tasks, a lot of basic task applications can do that already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for month and see if you like it, if you do, pay for it for a year.

Being able to collaborate with others with tasks was difficult because many of my co - workers or partners had different devices and some of them didn't support collaboration. Now with Todoist I was able to collaborate tasks with others, and since it's available in all mobile or desktop systems, anyone could join.

Todoist review by Heather  M.
Heather M.

"Todoist keeps me organized!"

What do you like best?

I really love the following features of Todoist:

1) I like that you can organize tasks by project in addition to organizing by the date that they are due. You can also rank tasks by priority.

2) It is great to be able to check off tasks as you complete them - this is a huge motivation booster!

3) It is helpful to have overdue items pop up at the top of your list as a reminder to work on these items first.

4) You can also download a smartphone app to keep your to-do list with you while you are away from your computer. This also helps if you want to use this application for personal tasks as well.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit annoying to receive emails/app push notifications with overdue task items every day. This is easily solved by adjusting the automatic settings so that you only get the push notifications you want to receive.

I always struggled to be organized and often tried to use hand-written lists of my to-dos. This application helps keep me organized, lets me see my upcoming tasks for the entire week/month so that I know what is ahead of me and saves paper!

Todoist review by Horacio O.
Horacio O.

"Big and fast helper."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can use that software. Also, I introduce that solution for everyone in my team. Very powerful and clear tools. Great to control everything and to make our schedule.

What do you dislike?

Wonderful solution to have at work. Till now I'm working just with enjoy. Don't have any bad mood about that program. Also if something you need to know more than you can contact support service which is working well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful and powerful tools. Will makes all your job for you. Work with them always will help you with your working routine. Fast and productive. I recommend it.

Very powerful tools. Helps us to create a project and making his look more wonderful. You will have a lot of things in one place. Very easy to manage all records. A simple way to use a video.

Todoist review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Great todo application, but the cost does deter me."

What do you like best?

I really like Todoist because it's on my computer, my phone, online, and even my watch. It's easy to use and has bug updates almost daily. If you're looking for a todo manager, definitely try it out and see if it's for you. I preferred it to most todo list managers.

What do you dislike?

Ultimately the price. The market is FLOODED with todo list managers and, quite frankly, there are too many free ones to pay for one. Todoist does have a free version, but I found some of the paid features were available in other free programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many todo list managers out there, you may find another one that works better for you workflow. They're almost all free to try, so give each one a spin.

Todoist lets me keep all my todos in one place--and take them with me no matter what platform I'm on.

Todoist review by Caroline T.
Caroline T.

"EVERYONE NEEDS TODOIST"

What do you like best?

I love that Todoist can alert me when something is due. The different categories helps me mentally keep organized especially since I have multiple jobs. The way that you can also set up reoccurrences helps me keep on track of everything each month, week or even day.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Todosit has been a game changer for me and I would recommend it to everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly recommend Todoist to every single person. It has changed my life and has made me a better employee. I no longer have to keep a word doc or hand written list at my desk. I can now have todoist which also has an app. This is great when I remember something while on the go. Also it allows me to have everything in one place, from both my jobs, to my personal to do list, to what books I want to buy next. It's worth every penny.

Todoist helps me stay organized and allows me to store all of the tasks that I need to do. It's a built in reminder for me.

Todoist review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Efficient and Agile Software"

What do you like best?

This software does exactly what you need in any to do list software. It is fully compatible with all of your devices and provides a clean and simple UI. This is especially helpful when implementing a new product with older users. The customer support we received from the Todist team was top notch both during implementation and after.

What do you dislike?

To get to the real goodies such as location based reminders you have to upgrade to the paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cant go wrong with this software. Even the free version is very useful and works well.

We are keeping workers on track and keeping their tasks in sight. You can organize up to 200 projects and have up to 25 people in each of them with a Premium account so this really helps us in the smaller school setting in collaboration and project work among staff and professional development projects. Oddly enough, even though our district migrated away from Microsoft Office 365 to Google, we just recently migrated from Todoist to Microsofts new Todo. We havent used it yet so I cant gage how it compares to this software. I hope its as good and smooth.

Todoist review by Glenn B.
Glenn B.

"Great Manager"

What do you like best?

There is no need to much work with it.For me and people around me are using at work this. Makes simple to manage and track to do schedule. It have full stage of integration.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to write here. Because i enjoy with this solution.Some people likes some no. Its better to try so just this you will understand bad or good with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just have a some points. Just need to have that wonderful program. Its big helper in your hands. Simple and quick. I dont think that you will feel sorry for it.

You really can coloring your day with Todoist. you can go to records, so easy to go videos,you can try to get the most out of the project. definition with program can be a best friend in company.

Todoist review by Elizabeth T.
Elizabeth T.

"Extraordinary task manager, bring everything up to date with this incredible tool"

What do you like best?

It is a multiplatform application, its interface is simple but elegant, very easy to use, you can access your tasks and projects in an easy and simple way

What do you dislike?

The list of tasks is not customizable, it is only shown in the way the application arranges it. For others I think a very complete application

Being the management of social networks an important activity in the company where I work, this application has allowed me to promote all my tasks and projects so that I can comply with the guidelines by the company, and thus meet the clients being very satisfied with our services

Todoist review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"I'm not sure how I managed without this!"

What do you like best?

Email to projects, select collaboration, easy real words used to set due dates (the first weekday of every month), Zapier integration really allows you to automate tasks. When using the Business plan they give you the ability to control the $$ you spend. If you remove a user from the plan then you have the remaining time to spend on the next employee.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have ever wished they would add is when using zapier to create automated tasks, I can say make this task due in three BUSINESS days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free plan and you will very quickly realize that less than $30 is worth it! Really good if you are using the "Getting Things Done" methodology. The business plan also offers a great feature called Team Inbox. This is where I submit tasks that are not a part of a specific project That way my team can grab extra tasks when they have extra time .

Managing the tasks of several IT groups along with everything in my personal life.

Todoist review by Javier D.
Javier D.

"The maximum task organizer"

What do you like best?

It is a multiplatform application, very simple and easy to use, achieves the objective of managing tasks and labeling them in order of priority

What do you dislike?

The synchronization in some opportunities is slow; it would be helpful to be able to see graphically the execution of the tasks, these can only be seen as a list

It helps me to organize my time, ordering tasks, establishing priorities is essential when working with budget, having the resources available on the precise dates that are required is important, this task manager helps me set a reminder and has managed my tasks effectively and quickly

Todoist review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"The best app project management."

What do you like best?

Being able to create a project manger from scratch, putting together multiple tasks and splitting them into additional tasks. It makes building projects better and faster by micro-managing them.

What do you dislike?

Support is awful, ran into so many issues that were never solved. Very little customization and lack of Calendar view make it hard to use as an everyday Task Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always try other programs along with Todoist to find the best app that works for your workflow. It's better to use the trials to try each one before committing and paying for the app.

We tried to solve Website and Mobile design plus daily tasks for our company. When everything worked it created a faster workflow, however the lack of certain features slowed down that same workflow.

Todoist review by Yaroslav K.
Yaroslav K.

"Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager "

What do you like best?

*Flexibility You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook. Todoist is right there for you. *UI It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love. *Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration. You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

What do you dislike?

1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there

Recommendations to others considering the product

*More integrations

*More pricing plans

For my daily tasks I use Todoist on my phone and browser and connect it to the calendar to see all my tasks together with plans and issues for the day.

Todoist review by John S.
John S.

"Take control of your life"

What do you like best?

Consistent, excellent interface across all the devices and locations I touch throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

More of a nitpick, but wish adding files and comments to individual todos was a bit easier/seamless

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for at least 2 weeks. Ensure you install on your phone and desktop/laptop, etc. Commit to using it as the sole todo list keeper for your work and personal life. Use short links and add to todos. Make use of the very intuitive recurring todos options such as: "Every Friday, call Bert and checking on Ernie" ― Todoist will automatically create a recurring todo on each Friday, etc.

Scattered todo lists and management software. Todoist is my defacto task manager that I coordinate all the rest with.

Todoist review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Easy to use product and increase productivity!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to separate personal to-do's from professional ones. ToDoist makes it easy to categorize my priorities and it's incredibly easy to set things up. I also really like that it reminds me when tasks are overdo.

What do you dislike?

The email reminders when a task is not completed are great, but are slightly annoying. I'm not sure if I missed it, but it'd be awesome if there was a way to change the settings as to how frequent those emails are sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! I've used it on and off for some time, but I love how easy it is to categorize my tasks and set due dates. The reminders are also life savers because you no longer need to keep a mental to-do list for when things are due.

I can be a lot more organized with Todoist and the categories are life savers. Rather than having all tasks in one place, I can easily determine what's personal and professional. The email reminders for overdo tasks are good for people like me who have a million things going on at once.

Todoist review by User

"Great tool for both personal and professional use"

What do you like best?

Todoist has many features to make delegating tasks easy. You can divide big task into sub-tasks and sub-task into smaller sub-tasks. The sub-tasks show up indented under the mother task in both Todoist phone app and web app, giving the users the overview of their to-do list. You have the options to assign each task or sub-task to other users and have a comment section for group communication and file sharing. Todoist also has integration with time tracking apps which is a great feature for basic users who simply want to monitor how much time is spent for each time and professional users (eg: freelancer) who need to track time for billing purposes.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the time tracking integration is embedded into the app or if one of the time tracking apps can import and sync all the tasks and shared people from Todoist app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for projects with many tasks, involves many workers or requires time tracking.

I use Todoist to plan out a project that has multiple phases and requires various co-workers' input and I have found that this app is great for keeping track of our progress.

Todoist review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Very basic check-off list"

What do you like best?

It's easy, and there's a shortcut for quick tasks. It functions as a Google add-on and there's also an app I can keep on my phone. Satisfying to check off items, and there's also an archive of those items.

What do you dislike?

Can be sort of messy, takes too long to categorize and sort, and the Todoist emails are really overwhelming.

If my manager suddenly assigns a task to me mid-sentence, I can pull out Todoist and type it down. I also use it as a chore and laundry list for my personal errands, and I like that it is sorted by day. I can see it both on my phone and my work laptop, which is great!

Todoist review by Zach M.
Zach M.

"Awkward but useful once you get the"

What do you like best?

First of all, the best thing about this app is being able to separate tasks by project! This is so incredibly helpful to me as a Program Director. I always have many project going on at once and being able to look at the next steps by project is invaluable! I've not purchased the premium version, so I can't attest to the labels feature, although that seems like it would be helpful, but for $29, it isn't worth it for me to find out. I wish they had a trail for the premium version so you could test it out before committing to $29 bucks.

What do you dislike?

I get what they are trying to do with the text shortcuts, and it is a really great idea and probably really useful for people who think in a way that revolves around hashtags and at symbols, my mind jus does't so, even though I want to use this feature, I never do.

I've used ToDoist, and will use ToDoist again when I have multiple big new project going on at the same time, otherwise the awkwardness is too great for me to use it every day.

Learning about Todoist?

* We monitor all Todoist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.