Todoist

With Todoist for Business, you and your team are more focused, more productive, and more in sync than ever before.

Work for Todoist?

Learning about Todoist?

Todoist Reviews

Ask Todoist a Question
Showing 172 Todoist reviews
Todoist review by <span>Mike P.</span>
Mike P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Its a simple solution to capture all of your misc to dos, so that you know they are in one place, giving you peace of mind so that you can move on to get other stuff done. The key to the solution is its cross platform functionality similar to evernote so that you can sync across all of your devices and it includes an outlook integration. Similarly team members can collaborate and use it together - sharing tasks, delegating, and it creates the perfect tool for teams and managers to track progress.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you just want a piece of paper to scratch things out...and then it feels repetitive even though you know that todoist is better... without the right discipline, it's easy to forget and end up right back where you started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an important personal productivity tool, so I would suggest trying it out quickly and comparing to not only your scratch paper method but also other tools such as evernote, wunderlist, etc. that may or may note be better for you personally. There are a lot of options but unfortunately once you commit to one you really cannot go back easily and the friction / switching costs may not be worth it. That's why I tried a few out and learned that todoist was easily the best for me!

Ensuring that all of my client follow-up items, and other tasks from administrative to personal are in one place and dont fall through the cracks!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Todoist
Todoist review by <span>Reed Q.</span>
Reed Q.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This is my favorite multi-platform task management tool. I use it both for project management and for all personal tasks. Keeping all my tasks was such a headache, but this tool makes it so easy. Setting up a task that must be performed every Monday morning, and then it appears on all my devices, so I do not forget and do not miss anything important, it's fine.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. The only thing I would like to change is to improve the way of editing priorities in one task (now the user should open the task, click "change", change the priority and then save). It would be especially better to use a mobile priority editing system based on gestures, for example, the task of planning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todoist keeps me organized and reminding me of the tasks that I need to perform on a certain day through notifications. It also hides the tasks that I completed, making the to-do lists less cluttered.

This is a good way to organize and track business and personal tasks. With this tool, I can better meet the timing. Notifications also serve as a reminder of the tasks that I need to perform during the day.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Task Management solution do you use?

Todoist review by <span>Jerrod M.</span>
Jerrod M.

Planning my workflow

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the functionality of the program. To whom I advised it, Todoist also approached. Became much easier to control my schedule and do business with Todoist. I'm glad that I can use the program on my mobile phone, in mailboxes or in web browsers. The function of sharing common tasks has helped me more than once because working in a place with employees in real time over a single project is improving our productivity. I like that developers are always on a trend and quickly add new features. For example, I liked the function of adding tasks via Alex.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more opportunities for backup (not only Google Drive and Dropbox), I do not use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program provides more useful functions than other programs of this type. This helps you to carry out your tasks and projects and thereby improve your productivity.

With the help of the program, I became more organized at work and fulfilled all my tasks quickly and efficiently. Todoist helps us to do and control the full process of work of all employees and track the result of the work done.

Todoist review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

Simple but life-changing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The simple format and process of adding and completing tasks are about as user friendly as you could get. It removes checked off items from the to do list so that your list grows shorter as you complete tasks, which is much more validating and comforting to a busy person during a stressful day.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could add other colors as the background, because it gives you the option of two aggressive colors (red and orange) or black or grey, which are clearer but a little more depressing. I wish there were blues, greens, purples, etc. available with a basic plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How a product can be so simple yet so transformative to work flow is amazing. Todoist gives you all the features you need with none that you don't. Any employee with any work style can use this, and master its functions and assistance with no prior background or training.

This brings the task list to ultimate organization. While Outlook's email tasks are helpful because of the ability to flag items for follow up, Todoist creates this effect for everything else. I love the categories available for projects, and the ability to set goals, days off, points earned for completing tasks, etc. helps keep employees motivated in a positive and growth-inducing manner.

Todoist review by <span>Tina F.</span>
Tina F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

First off, I love that the free version of this app does everything I need it to and more. The ability to sort all my tasks by project and/or client is what I was lacking in the alternative Apple notes and reminders on my phone. It syncs across all of my devices with ease and the productivity tracker is a nice little bonus to keep myself on track.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about this app, the free features are just what I need, I do with some of the paid features were available - but, thats what paid features are for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a more robust, free organization tool - then look no further. ToDoist has been the perfect upgrade that I was looking for, without having to pay for the premium features at the moment.

Organization when it comes to my clients, projects and my business in general is top priority when my memory fails me. I work with a variety of apps to keep my business afloat and this is one that I plan on keeping around for a while. The project based tasks and list creation and the overall interface of this app make tracking and organization a breeze.

Todoist review by <span>Lindsey H.</span>
Lindsey H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the ability to color code tasks based on the level of priority. My top tasks are at the beginning of the list in red, then orange, then yellow, then white. The interface is clean and so easy to use. I used to make to-do lists in my phone on my Notes app, but I will always prefer my lists out on a desktop with a keyboard. However, in a pinch, I can always open up the app on my phone and type there! It's great how you can access your account on any device, and no matter what device, it's still so easy to use. I'm also able to differentiate between work tasks, personal tasks, shopping lists, etc. Though I use Todoist mainly for work purposes, it does come in handy when I'm already at my work desk and need to make a quick grocery list for after work!

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with the software thus far. However, I can't figure out how to access tasks that I've already checked off. To view your activity log, you must pay for a premium subscription to the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go if you're sick of losing post-it notes or unable to keep up with other to-do software apps. Simple, clean, and will surely fit your needs.

Prioritization and recurring reminders are probably the best features that make me more productive at work. Having a clean, color-coded visual of my tasks in order of priority has allowed me to feel in control of my work. I no longer have a sinking feeling that something is missing from my stack of chick-scratch post-it notes. The software is also intuitive when it comes to dates, so when you start typing "next week" you have the option to put the task's on next week's to-do list. This is helpful and saves me time when I have a million things running through my brain and I'm trying to get them out before they float away!

Learning about Todoist?

* We monitor all Todoist reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.