Toggl

Toggl is an online tracking too for freelancers, consultants, and small companies. It allows users to track the time spent on projects and analyze productivity.

Work for Toggl?

Showing 269 Toggl reviews
Toggl review by <span>AMANDA S.</span>
AMANDA S.

A Stress-Free Way to Create Your Timesheet

What do you like best?

Toggl has been beyond helpful to me as a freelancer. It allows me to jump from project to project, take breaks, and pick back up in any project where I left off, all while keeping an accurate, well-organized record of what I have done, when, and for how long. It takes so much stress out of time-tracking and record keeping.

What do you dislike?

At times, it does seem to be a little buggy. (For instance, lately, when I start up Toggl again after having not used it for several hours, it will tell me I am hours and hours into a project I haven't touched in weeks/months. I simply stop the timer and delete the entry, but it is a bit annoying to have to deal with.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to take advantage of all its organizational tools.

It makes it far easier to accurately invoice clients as a freelancer. It also provides excellent organizational tools, making it easier to keep track of projects, clients, or even group projects (it allows you to create teams so that you can keep all the time multiple people spend on a client in one organized space).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Toggl
Toggl review by <span>Scott D.</span>
Scott D.

Great Tool for Tracking TIme

What do you like best?

Toggl is a great productivity app that we have been using at our company for a couple of years now. With Toggl, I can easily get reports on what my employees have been working on, improving the transparency in the workplace. In addition to providing transparency within the company as a whole, Toggl helps me stay more focused on completing my goals and tasks; I use a Toggl for my work schedule as well as my personal one, and I keep them under the same Toggl account. Using Toggl, I've learned how to become more productive.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an auto-generate report feature - this would make my life easier so I don't have to chase down employees for their reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot - I think you'd be surprised at how efficient your team will become.

We use Toggl to stay as efficient at my business as possible. As a small business, it is important to keep our overhead as tidy as possible and with Toggl, we are getting increased productivity out of everyone, since everyone's time is being kept now. Before, a person could spend an hour writing an email - now that takes less than ten minutes and they are on to the next task.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Toggl review by <span>Cassandra M.</span>
Cassandra M.

Great concept!

What do you like best?

I like the time keeping feature. Honestly it's what we use it for specifically. It's good for organizing projects and seeing where you're spending your time. We like that you can use it for keeping track of what is billable and not as well. The app is slightly more user friendly than the web based program.

What do you dislike?

I understand the method behind it but I don't like that the timer keeps going even after I've shut down my browser or the app. I understand that we wouldn't want to have to keep the tab open or keep refreshing the phone just to keep the timer going but on more than one occasion we've had hours go far higher than intended (and once overnight!) So that feature could use some tweaking (Possibly a time-out after x amount of time option? Or alarm reminders asking if you're still working?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just play around with it. We use the free version but I think the paid version probably has a lot of really cool features. It tracks days/hours/projects. Useful for someone self-employed with multiple clients or a team trying to track their admins time.

Again we're mostly just using it for the time keeping feature. We love the statistical breakdown of where we are spending our time and which projects we can spend more time on or cut back on.

Toggl review by <span>Federico J.</span>
Federico J.

I can track my time and see how productive I'm being

What do you like best?

I've used multiple time trackers in the past. Toggl has the best interface and ease of use that I've tried so far. Their browser dashboard is nice and easy to use. And their Mac app is super simple and streamlined, so you don't have to jump through a lot of loops to start tracking your time when you are working on a new task.

I like the breakdown of description > project > client. As a freelancer, this helps me organize all of my tasks and keep a record of what I've been working on and for whom.

I have tasks that I need to perform daily and the search autocomplete feature helps me find and pick the right task in a second.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'll hit enter when the search autocomplete suggest the task I'm looking for, but then it wont' be recorded as such. This is super simple to fix, but that's about all I can think right now. There's not much to dislike about Toggl.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for a month and then see the reports. You'll be amazed at what you learn about your working habits.

Tracking my time and seeing what I've been working on and for whom. Learning if I'm pricing myself right after seeing how much time it takes me to do certain things.

Toggl review by <span>Tim C.</span>
Tim C.

Toggl makes keeping track of time a breeze.

What do you like best?

I like how easy Toggl is to use. You simply hit the start button and start tracking your time. It even gives me reminders every so often to remind me to track my time if I've forgotten to start the timer. It's easy to keep projects separate with the color coding options. I can go online and view reports of all of my tasks and time and export them to csv or pdf. I also like the fact that it will keep track of the time I'm idle. So if I go away from my computer for a time and forget to stop the timer, when I return I get a notification from Toggl telling me how long I was idle, and asking if I'd like to keep that time or remove it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about Toggl. Except maybe the number of clients you can have before you have to upgrade to the paid version. That and the fact that I'm not able to add my hourly rate for each client unless I pay for an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use, simple, time-tracking app, then Toggle is for you.

I keep track of the hours I'm working on specific tasks for my clients, and I'm able to export those hours in a nicely formatted report to send along with my invoice. It helps me visualize those projects I'm working on and where I need to put in more time.

Toggl review by <span>David R.</span>
David R.

Nice, quick and free solution for personal projects time tracking

What do you like best?

Beautiful UI, Chrome extension work very smooth and is full of customization options.

Dashboard is nicely distributed and is easy to manage projects, teams and clients. Overall app performance and loading is fast compared to competitors like Everhour

Free plan is perfect for personal use and small projects highly recommended

Idle time feature makes time tracking more precisely and therefore more accurate reports.

What do you dislike?

Team prices are too expensive for small teams and not dollar based economy.

Manual mode is kind of confusing for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, there's a free version perfect for personal use, let yourself know your performance un your daily tasks.

Easy and fast time tracking for personal projects, nice mobile app very useful if you move through the city constantly for meetings or when commuting.

The management of idle time help us to understand procrastination and take actions.

Free solution alternative to Everhour.

Learning about Toggl?

* We monitor all Toggl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.