Totango

Totango

By monitoring customer behavior and usage in applications – along with critical relationship data from CRM, billing, and other systems – Totango uncovers customer insights that help you understand which customers need your attention and why.

Work for Totango?

Learning about Totango?

Totango Reviews

Ask Totango a Question
Showing 62 Totango reviews
Totango review by Janet P.
Janet P.

"Simplifying the way I work "

What do you like best?

Totango has allowed me to analyze business in a way I have never had the ability to do before. The robust segmentation engine is by and far my favorite thing about Totango. To quickly slice and dice data and then promptly be able to share it with others and collaborate have opened my mind to new ideas that have allowed us to generate more revenue for the company. The staff at Totango is also world class- customers have access to the executive team, and they listen and are constantly looking for ways to evolve their product.

What do you dislike?

There are not things I dislike about Totango, but there is room for improvement when it comes to utilizing the revenue center. Being able to push out individual goals aside from company goals would be helpful, but not a negative impact on how we are running our business day to day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you or your company needs a great level of support, or if you are simply looking to partner with a company that listens to your needs and does everything they can to meet them, then Totango is the tool for you.

Totango is allowing me to try new methods to reduce and prevent churn with existing business, all while deploying new strategies with the tools provided to win-back customers through proactive, perfectly timed outreach methodology-at scale.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Totango
Totango review by Brendan K.
Brendan K.

"Hands Down the Best Customer Success Management System"

What do you like best?

Totango is simultaneously intuitive and powerful with a robust set of monitoring features that provides visibility into customer data. Easily create and trigger campaigns that target user segments, track customer health and monitor response patterns, and customize how you measure success using an interface that's easy to learn and sustainable long-term.

What do you dislike?

There really aren't many complaints, but there is one observation: setting up Totango to track usage takes a little trial and error. Make sure you commit the time to learn the platform so that you're getting the most out of it. Totango's featureset is rich and once learned becomes second nature, but don't cut yourself short when setting up the platform -- it takes time, but it's well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the market for a system that helps you monitor customer usage patterns, you really don't need to look any further -- Totango has every feature you're going to need in order to implement a successful customer retention and experience program.

We needed a way to better understand how our customers were using our product. Using Totango's visualization tools and custom "Health" profiles. we were able to see from a 10,000' view how our product was serving their needs, which in turn helps us anticipate at-risk behaviors so we can execute effective recovery strategies. As a result of using Totango, we've been able to reduce customer churn across our accounts year over year and are better able to lead meaningful conversations with our customers about how they value our product.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

Totango review by Kevin L.
Kevin L.

"Essential to our Support Process"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with our support tickets. Totango let's me quickly see who the customer is, what they have been doing and who they belong to on our team. It allows us to quickly see the in an outs of the account and solve their issues right away.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize the layout of the widget in our help tool, deciding which fields fit the most. I also wish we could set off campaigns to individual users without the need of creating user lists and tagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for gathering the right data about your clients to help your team determine the best steps on a daily and weekly basis.

Customer health, support troubleshooting, email campaigns for training and live product webinars. We have a much faster response time for our customers. We are also able to proactively reach out to our lower tier of clients to determine their needs.

Totango review by Chantz O.
Chantz O.

"Easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

The support is always great. Val is a champ. Anytime we make suggestions we see developments fairly quickly. The tool is clear and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Why do I have to build a segment in order to pull a report. I wish reports were much more robust in the sense that I could pull whatever information I needed without first having to create a segment to report off of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set it up correctly from the get go. Think of everything you want to track and then continue to refine your health.

Customer health - Usage Tracking - Utilization of Features - Engagement Tracking - Renewals - SMB Vs Enterprise Strategies.

We have seen this tool be useful and now with a few changes we are going to be getting a lot more value. We have come to better understand what adoption looks like, what determines the "Health" of our accounts, Automation etc..

Totango review by Casey H.
Casey H.

"Lots of Potential "

What do you like best?

I love that this can help us predict churn by looking at behavior on our platforms. I love that this can help us with onboarding by automating the process and providing a platform for a smoother transition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not able to have much control personally because I depend on too many other parties internally to provide access/set it up the way to optimize the product for our department--this isn't the fault of Totango though, it's just internal bureaucracy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know going into it that it is a lot of setup and training on the front end but it will be very valuable going forward once it is set up and running and identifying risk factors for your clients.

The biggest thing for my department is preventing churn. I really like that we are able to see red flags and proactively reach out to prevent churn.

Totango review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"Significant potential not yet fully realized"

What do you like best?

The platform is relatively easy to configure, and in walking through the various configuration options your eyes are opened to different ways of thinking about how to structure customer success. Once you have the right data in the platform, creating automation rules is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel we received sufficient guidance regarding usage and user data import. Our tech team implemented usage data one way as opposed to another. It took some investigative work on our part to conclude that this would preclude us from using many of Totango's features. Discovering the problem and working through it with the Totango team was painful. I would have expected stronger guidance, especially since we had provided a comprehensive requirements document during the sales process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete a proof of concept implementation before signing up for a paid subscription. I regret not doing this, as it would have highlighted gaps in Totango as well as in our own readiness.

We bought Totango to achieve two goals: first, programmatically calculate account health to focus our team on accounts most at risk; and second, detect critical customer events (largely in-product actions) on which our team should take action. We're still in the early stages of achieving these goals. Totango could have done more to accelerate our progress, but it's largely on us to be more prepared from a data and process perspective. I'm optimistic the value we're receiving will continue to increase.

Totango review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Can't imagine work without it"

What do you like best?

Building compelling stories to tell our customers during our business reviews.

Our Account Management and Customer Success teams use the Account Profile to gain insight into module usage, users, trends, and overall health

We've also had success with building Account Segments and Reports to benchmark like-customers.

What do you dislike?

After about 3 years of using the product, our company came to the realization that the data could be better. No fault of Totango, but it made us take a hard look at what we were putting in, and what we were getting out. After working with Totango to revamp our deployment, we are very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you actually need in a customer success platform. Our company uses SalesForce as the system of record, and this system compliments it very well.

Increase the number of licenses within existing accounts

Reducing churn

Selling professional services

Totango review by Donna  M.
Donna M.

"Customer Health Masters"

What do you like best?

Totango is a leading Customer Success Platform that has provided a robust, actionable, dynamic picture of our customers' engagement with our software. The software is easy to use and enables a comprehensive actionable snapshot of our customers' experience through the customer journey resulting in executable success plans and plays.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any constructive feedback at this point, however, I'm not privy to the costs but I trust it's a price point that most companies can easily calculate the ROI for retaining customers.

We want to address and get ahead of customer churn in the B2B SaaS market. Our priority is to deliver a valuable product to our customers and make sure we are delivering the highest customer service and support. We are reducing churn with the help of Totango and the company has provided a valuable framework for a top tier 'Customer Success' culture.

Totango review by Rachel D.
Rachel D.

"Passionate about customers, thrilled to use Totango"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to pull data about my users and accounts. Previously, I would have to go into 14 different sites, pull data that frequently had errors, and accumulate it myself. Now, all I do is go in and setup a query and in a couple clicks have all that data at my fingertips. Now, I can focus more of my time on what it says versus trying to develop it.

What do you dislike?

I want less restrictions on USER data. The more successful certain user groups are, the less risky my renewal conversation or proving value will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have executive level sponsorship internally to ensure adoption, not only of Totango but more holistically on the emphasis the customer plays in your organization. If you don't have a customer-centric culture already, the access and quality of data you get from Totango may help move the needle, but that executive sponsor is key.

I had 2 goals- make our client conversations more proactive and inform our product group on what's used in the app for prioritizing our roadmap. We have started a QBR process w/ clients and are already seeing improved quality of conversation and access to other data sets to help them have their internal value conversation. My product team is my biggest supporter, and most engaged with the data. Their use is spreading, so I am realizing greater benefits from my use of Totango than I set out to achieve already.

Totango review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Powerful tool with a good UI!"

What do you like best?

Overall great tool that allows my team to manage their accounts - is useful both for high volume CSMs with 200+ accounts as well as high touch CSMs with <25 accounts. It's useful to help the team know when to reach out based on health scores or triggered actions, but is also great because it gives autonomy to the CS team to send out automated email campaigns to customers using their campaigns feature.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally bugs here & there, but this is expected as it's a growing company! Reporting could be slightly more robust (think salesforce reporting) - would love to use this to do CSM activity dashboards, IE, calls made, emails, etc.

We're using Totango to manage and scale the CSM team, understand activity within our accounts, and send out automated or semi-automated emails to our existing customers. It's even useful for our sales team to understand the health of a sales prospect who is trialing our product.

Totango review by John Ryan S.
John Ryan S.

"Great Partner"

What do you like best?

Their focus on success, accessibility of the CSM, Product Team, Technical Resources and Executive team coupled with a great product.

What do you dislike?

Totango works in an agile mode with a high velocity of improvements. However, it is difficult to get visibility into the timing of what is coming. This can be difficult where we have to make plans to prepare for the enhancements.

Their implementation Methodlogy (Circa 2017) was still focused on smaller companies but is maturing more towards an enterprise focused professional services organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

CSM quality is critical, they are also newer to the enterprise space so your not getting a classic enterprise software vendor w/associated professional services. You are getting focus, dedication and commitment. You may need to bring the structure to the project though (project management, change management)

Primarily Churn/Risk Reduction out of the gate. (First 2 months of program reduced risk by 2.2MM)

There is a long list of next steps and additional projects we are working on.

Totango review by Frank N.
Frank N.

"Critical Element of Customer Success"

What do you like best?

Having Totango plugged into our SaaS platform has changed the game for us in Customer Success and Account Management. Its been a critical tool in providing a daily understanding of how our clients use and interact with our modules and functionality. Totango gives us insight into client adoption, use cases, and core feature usage, informing us which clients are at-risk and which are ready for expansion and growth.

What do you dislike?

More automation of the data into a presentation for QBRs would be helpful. UI can be slightly improved as there is a lot of info on one account page, however all of that data it is highly useful information.

We regularly turn the data we get from Totango into custom insights we deliver to clients, informing them on which teams are adopting our tool or which teams need may need more training. Insights that directly speak to the ROI of our platform. Totango has also helped with our Voice of the Customer as we can match our targeted use cases to Totango usage in support of new feature recommendations to product.

Totango review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Works well, releases new features frequently, room for improvement"

What do you like best?

For the most part it’s reliable, it syncs well with Salesforce, and gives me good visibility into my customers. I log my touch points and can automate campaigns to email them automatically based on health or other criteria.

What do you dislike?

They develop new products that I usually don’t need, their support is often slow but in general is okay. Some basic functionality like making reports easy to create and email are quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their mobile app is very poor and limited, and there is no iPad app. You can’t do much on it. If there’s a feature you must have and they don’t have it, make sure to drive that as a requirement before purchasing or it may take a very long time to develop.

Visibility into our customers health, and company visibility into our touchpoints. Sharing escalations, automating campaigns, triggers alerting us of certain activities or usage. For the most part it works well and it’s less expensive than many competitors.

Totango review by Andersen Y.
Andersen Y.

"Great CX Tool for Scale"

What do you like best?

I like that our engineers and data team have been able to pipe solid data into Totango that we can then act on.

What do you dislike?

The campaign feature is one of my favorite features, but I do wish we could write custom HTML code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Totango has a lot of great tools for folks in the CX space. However, the success of this tool is also dependent on the data that you're able to pipe into it. I think you're definitely going to need to leverage you our data and engineering team to make sure all the right data sources are used. The fact that you can also then integrate with Salesforce is pretty good to.

Customer experience at scale. Triggered automated tasks based on data to make better and more informed decisions.

Totango review by Katie Y.
Katie Y.

"Utlizing Totango to Work Smarter and help our customers be succcesful"

What do you like best?

After 17 years of having multiple sources I had to go to to get data and pull together some type of analysis on our customers it has been unbelievably advantageous to use a system where everything is brought together in one place. The ability to pull data, analyze that data, and then create action for our reps in the form of one consistent communication has positively impacted our productivity and revenue.

With their recent addition of "smart data" we can put data pertinent to the directions we are giving our reps so they literally can get everything they need in that one communication and can just go.

I like that they are a company that practices what they preach. In my interactions with their engineers and the customer success manager assigned to my account I very much feel as though they are vested in making sure we are successful using their system. On more than one occasion I have seen them take customer feedback and add product improvements to their roadmap to get those rolled out very quickly. It is also great that their systems works relatively well with Salesforce.

Really appreciate that they just added the ability for executed campagins to be included in coverage of accounts as that is really important for us with our tech-touch customers.

What do you dislike?

I hope they continue to expand their footprint to the east. Working on EST and having them on PST can sometimes be a challenge. I wouls like to see their report module and executive console be a bit more intuitive.

We are trying to ensure our customers are succcessful using our products so they come back and use us again and/or try a different product we have that can also help them. We needed a system that can proactively help us identify health on our products so we can maintain, upsell, crossell our customers and easily give our sales reps direction.

Benefits so far:

Ability to have customer health on thousands of accounts. The fact that the totango system can health on several products and then role it up into one health score is key.

Ability to pull together a segment of data, analyze it, and take action through a success play and then subsequently have tracking that also gets copied into SF

Ability to send rep driven campaigns to our customes with consistent messaging that we hope is relavent to them has ben key. No longer are our reps needing to do this on their own. Really big productivity win.

Totango review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="d434fc78-7588-4ba1-a8f1-d12b7ba09ef0">Johnny R.</span>
Johnny R.
" itemprop="name" />

"Valuable Data with an Easy UI"

What do you like best?

Understanding how our product is being used and being able to quantify it using Totango is game-changer from an Account Management perspective. My favorite overall feature is the UI, making it easy to find the data I need in a pinch, and create reports for my team members

What do you dislike?

On the segmentation front, it would be helpful to have more filtering options in order to make custom reports that I'll need to refer back to for my 1:1s with the account team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using the data from Totango we were able to develop a classification of our customers based on usage that has been adopted company-wide. Furthermore, we have built goals for our account managers solely using Totango data, that we wouldn't have otherwise. I would recommend thinking creatively about the best ways to use the data, and standardize it across your organization.

I now have valuable insight into the health of an account based on their overall usage of our product. I can now tailor my approach to contract renewal discussions knowing ahead of time how engaged they are with the product

Totango review by David E.
David E.

"Great Platform for Proactive outreach"

What do you like best?

I love the measurement tools. It's hard to figure out correct utilization (what assets customers are using or not using in your platform). Totango has great tools to grade your customers utilization, and you can set up success plays to notify when measurements are dropping. This allows you to proactively reach out and help drive those metrics up. This is hardest part of customer success proactive outreach. Totango gives you the tools for this outreach.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really dislike, I would just be weary about how many alerts you set up, if you set up to many you can get inundated with alerts, but this is something you set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is what you put into it. Make sure you have relevant data and make sure you put the time in to correctly implement it.

Proactive outreach. Most customer success managers work re actively. To ensure adoption and a happy client it is vital now a days for a proactive outreach. Totango's platform solves this problem very effectively.

Totango review by Ken A.
Ken A.

"Great tool bringing customer success to a new level"

What do you like best?

Tasks and success plays based on segmentable account data. Ability to leave notes with attached metadata that propagates back to our CRM.

What do you dislike?

Currently doesn't look back to set up specific segments

Diverse customer base with data living on disparate systems (our homegrown CRM, Zendesk and our SaaS software the customer is using). How do you use all the information you have about a customer and how they use our product to target them with education plays, retention plays, upsell plays in an semi-automated fashion. Given we have thousands of customers, we can't possibly touch all of them in a fashion that suits their immediate need. This tool allows us to do just that.

Totango review by Katie N.
Katie N.

"Cool features, but expensive"

What do you like best?

Great features for tracking product usage down to the individual user level, collecting account metrics in one place, and setting up data for CSM teams

What do you dislike?

We had difficulties with implementation (not really the product's fault!) but without the integration to our product, it wasn't very useful. Expensive tool, and the best features (email campaigns) are an upcharge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the power on your end to back it up. It will be a tech investment to get it running at a level where the cost is really justifiable.

We are no longer using Totango because we didn't end up realizing the value we should have - but again, that's partly our fault for not being able to get the integration done correctly. Having one clear view of the customer, automated alerts, and automated campaigns for CSMs was (or would have been) really the value.

Totango review by Grace P.
Grace P.

"Super efficient and clean Customer Success software"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to manage all clients in one place. I can easily see what my tasks are for the day, what tasks I've completed for each client, and what tasks I have coming up in the future. Segments and reports are super easy to run and campaigns make it very easy to automate parts of the customer success process.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integrations with other softwares.

At the peak I managed over 250 accounts so Totango helped me stay organized, be efficient, and see all my clients in one place.

Totango review by Noah R.
Noah R.

"Impactful insights and streamlined customer success"

What do you like best?

The insights provided into our customer base and the ability to manage the workflows of our CS team.

What do you dislike?

Hierarchy rollups are still a bit imperfect. Would like broader capabilities through Campaigns - the ability to send follow-ups based on opens, unopens, engagement, etc. Would like more flexibility with reporting on task completion, but Spark has take a huge step in that direction.

Managing a large book of business with a relatively small team. Totango has helped us prioritize activities through customer segmentation, risk identification, health and otherwise.

Totango review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Best in class"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up health metrics

Email campaigns with included goals and statistics in relation to them

Account segmentation

What do you dislike?

Various minor bugs and glitches

Inability to remove accounts/users yourself

Revenue center is still very basic

Totango is currenlty being used by the entire organization in order to track our customers' engagement with the product, their general health, as well as to segment our customer base, keep track of the current and past MRR and revenue/other cost metrics, and finally as a platform that facilitates email campaigns.

Totango excels in account/user segmentation; its campaign module is also very reliable and useful. It is intuitive to use and easy to set up. Its revenue center is not currently as useful. The current integration with Salesforce was both very easy to achieve and has provided us with a great insight to our product process.

Totango review by Jordan S.
Jordan S.

"Best CS Platform"

What do you like best?

Totango has completely changed our customer success team and strategy. We went from an excel to Totango and have not looked back since.

What do you dislike?

Overall Totango is great. Two dislikes:

1) Difficult to set up

2) Modular based pricing means we do not get access to everything we need

Totango helps us scale up our customer success team.

When I first joined 2 years ago we had 30 customers in North America. Totango has allowed us to go to over 300 with ease.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Research the methodology before you buy. "

What do you like best?

Totango has a really clean interface, and is fairly easy to use. They have a great support/CSM team that really seems to care about you success.

I think most people will enjoy using the tool and working with their team.

What do you dislike?

Totango seems limited in really odd ways. It's hard to think of everything, but they are really against using tags for some reason.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhythm or reason to whether sorting options are available on the user level, account level or when adding columns.

Keep in mind, none of this keeps us from getting the jobs done, I just don't think these limitations are helping anyone.

Also, I would like to see a massive overhaul of the email functionality. Currently, it's terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do deep deep research. The quirks and limitations can really bite you in the butt... Also keep in mind that most automations are email focused, and not call focused. This can cause issues.

Also keep in mind that all touch points are created equal, and really don't say much about a user's satisfaction.

Helping to track user health, engage users, upsell to new licenses and delight customers. We use health on pretty much every report and metric. It feed to SFDC and we base all CS strategies on these metrics.

Totango review by Anthony E.
Anthony E.

"Great product in an exciting space"

What do you like best?

I like how easy the interface is to use. It's simple to train my team and ensure they are leveraging the system. I also like how easy it is to integrate many different systems into one platform to measure your customers' performance.

What do you dislike?

The rigidness of some areas of the system can sometimes be limited. As an example, some of the custom metrics However, They are making many changes and additions to help enhance the flexibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform for scaling a customer success team

I am solving the global scalability of a customer success team.

Totango review by Administrator

"Great software that unlocks solid customer success insights"

What do you like best?

Totango is easy to use and has a great UI. It's worth it to take the time up front to get your data cleaned up and get the system configured so you can scale it as your company grows. Segments and SuccessFlows can really help promote proactive nurturing and risk identification in your customer base.

What do you dislike?

It is important to take time up front to configure the system and think through your customer journey. The onboarding process can be challenging for this purpose but the team is always friendly and ready to answer my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time up front to be thoughtful about your configuration or health scores and customer profiles.

Initially we were simply trying to better understand how our customers were using our system. A few years in we are also using the system to get better alerts regarding risks and opportunities in our customer base so that we can reduce churn and increase revenue through expansion opportunities.

Totango review by Michelle C.
Michelle C.

"These insights keep my team on top of customer success"

What do you like best?

I use Totango on a daily basis. I really appreciate how intuitive the design is. Account plans are easy to create and manage. This is the best data solution that I've used to manage customer health.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints. The Totango team is always responsive and helpful.

I'm able to quickly search for a company and get a good overview of the account health and usage, this is so important for answering questions on the fly. I also utilize touchpoints quite a bit to track my customer interactions. I answer a high volume of questions, this helps me to stay organized and plan my next steps

Totango review by User in Computer Software

"Gives A lot of Insight into customer behavior - easy to use"

What do you like best?

It gives a lot of insight into customer behavior and allows me to easily setup reports or run predictions.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could more easily synch all of our email activity to totango. Also one has to update tasks in real time, so If I forget to log something I did yesterday, it gets logged as today - but I guess this is a good motivator not to forget to log calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn a lot and keep implementing throughout the first year.

Totango review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for CS teams!"

What do you like best?

I love how through notifications and tasks, I let the system do the heavy lifting for me and I can spend more time doing thoughtful outreach to my customer base to make sure they are achieving their goals with our product.

What do you dislike?

There are small bugs in the product that sometimes takes away the full account-level view and affect the health scores. The Totango team is quick to address these hiccups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the admins of this tool work closely with the Totango team to make sure that all relevant analytics are being fed into the tool and health scores are reflected accurately based off of this information. It will take some work up front but worth it in the end.

We are able to monitor the overall health of our customers and can accurately evaluate how they are using our product, who is using it, and how often.

Totango review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Totango Review"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of keeping account notes on my customers, and the customization offered with segments

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to set up automated emails to go out to a large number of contacts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely would recommend for account management and/or customer success managerment

Customer Success management, keeping track of account health, account organization, alignment between sales and CS teams

Totango review by User in Computer Software

"Totango Review - Makes Day to Day Easier"

What do you like best?

Totango makes it very easy to keep up with a to do list for your customers. It has not only automated tasks, but also has the ability to create manual tasks. I used to use my email as a to do list, but with Totango, I have a much more organized inbox.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally bugs here & there, but this is expected as it is a growing company. The team at Toango is great about being responsive to the issues and they make quick fixes.

Totango has made it much easier to manage the lifecycle of a customer. You are alerted when it is time to reach out to a customer if their usage has dropped, if they are coming up for renewal, if it is time for a business review, etc. The automated triggers and tasks really do make a CSM's job much easier.

Totango review by ellen t.
ellen t.

"It meets our needs well"

What do you like best?

That we can easily track our client interactions, feed our custom Sailthru data into it for analysis purposes, Segments are easy to create.

What do you dislike?

Having to log two separate touch points if a meeting is 1)onsite and 2)includes an executive and/or 3)is a roadmap meeting. My understanding is that we cannot associate multiple types of attributes with one touchpoint, which creates a lot of duplicate work for our CSMs.

We measure client health more quantitatively using a number of different variables, rather than just how a CSM feels about the client which is much more subjective.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Great for keeping a team on track"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of the interface and what it can do, it's a great tool for monitoring team performance in an account management perspective. I like that I can get an overview of my book of accounts, how they're performing, and the coverage for the period.

What do you dislike?

User interface takes some getting used to, however with the amount of capabilities at your fingertips this is not unusual.

Account management and coverage overview gives me a great way to keep an eye on my accounts, see which ones I need to spend more time on, and help me maintain relationships with my accounts

Totango review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Brilliant product - very user friendly and so much powerful functionality! "

What do you like best?

I love the in-depth reporting, health score customisation and the ability to manage my team effectively with the executive dashboards. We have uncovered so much valuable insight into our customer base that we didn't have before!

What do you dislike?

Nothing product related - some of the knowledge base articles are a bit too techy/using what seems like internally known language instead of customer-friendly explanations so it was a bit tricky to do all of my own learning without asking any questions. Thankfully we had a CSM + CSE during setup who are super knowledgeable and available through slack so that made it really quick and easy to resolve questions.

Visibility over our customer base, churn signals, managing teams with outcome KPI's, retention during the setup/onboard stage and executive reporting.

Totango review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Good Product/Underused"

What do you like best?

All the reporting you can do automatically to tell you trouble clients

What do you dislike?

That I don't use it as often as Salesforce. Our team as a whole doesn't use this like we want.

We haven't used Totango like we want, so might need another sales call/demo to show the value.

Totango review by Einav R.
Einav R.

"Highly recommend using Totango"

What do you like best?

We're able to monitor and document customers' health, ongoing meeting, tasks and other activities.

Established processes are automated using the SuccessPlays, allowing the team to manage well a great number of customers.

What do you dislike?

The deployment requires development resources.

Customers' health monitoring, raising early warning signs to avoid churn

Totango review by User

"VP Support Services"

What do you like best?

The ability to run sales plays (i.e. Success Plays), thus assigning activities and tasks to the necessary stakeholders and track timelines and milestones.

What do you dislike?

Training is required for users of the platform, as it is average on the "intuitive scale"

Single view into clients "health" based on view across disparate tier 1 data sets, thus enabling a more automated means to engage clients at the right time with valued touches that enhance client relationship and consumption of our offerings.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Use Totango daily to ensure customers are getting full functionality out of our Saas Platform. "

What do you like best?

The ability to track customers usage of our SaaS platform. Gives insight into specific ways each individual customer is leveraging our service. Given the fact that customer success is the driving factor of our model we realize the importance of end user usage. Our organization realizes we must encourage that success and usage through a platform like Totango. Without Totango you would have to directly contact each user on a regular basis to ensure the product is being used. I find many times with a SaaS platform that the end user is not properly using the functionality, and it's an easy fix to drive more usage. At the end of the day of the customer is not using the product or not satisfied there is likely not going to be a renewal the next year. Trends, raw numbers and end user success are what drive a business like ours. If you are in the business of a happy customer get Totango to ensure your customers are satisfied at the end of the day.

What do you dislike?

I have to sign in and log out via Salesforce

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an analytics platform such as Totango I would highly recommend. Not only does it give insight into the individual account but allows for us to internally correct mistakes.

Gives us an idea of what we or the platform are doing wrong. Allows for our company to fix mistakes.

Totango review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Totango delivers"

What do you like best?

Simple in it's presentation of how a contract is performing, which helps the sales team adopt the system and utilise it

What do you dislike?

A few teething problems over some aspects of the reporting which we are dealing with

Flagging up subscription renewal risks from our top clients and using the campaign functions to re-engage with those clients to help improve the chances of renewal and even upsell. There have already been a stack of renewals come in as a result of the insights the system has provided

Totango review by User in Internet

"Recent adopter, so far so good"

What do you like best?

It's great for seeing how active our users are, so we can reach out if they aren't using it a lot to see if there's anything we can do to help. In some cases, they had a simple problem keeping them from being active and Totango was able to help us resolve those issues.

What do you dislike?

We had some problems with integration with our software, but that has recently been resolved. I've heard there have been little problems here and there since it was fixed, but I haven't personally had any.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure who all would be the end user of Totango, so recommending it is tough, but for our purposes as a SAAS company it seems to work great.

Totango review by User in Computer Software

"I utilize Totango to measure product feature usage and customer engagement with our platform"

What do you like best?

I like that you can integrate product specific uses (with a saas platform). I can easily track which users, accounts, and verticals are utilizing features. Additionally, I can create and save reports for certain metrics that influence decisions. I also like how we can customize metrics to suit our company's needs. We can use Totango to measure which customers are not engaged and this allows us to re-engage them during marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customization of date filtering and historical filtering and reports. There is often times when I want to be able to look at product usage at a specific range of days, and Totango only allows several time ranges. So, if I miss a time to pull a report, I won't get accurate information. Additionally, the UI is confusing when looking at account activity and the associated modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great opportunity to set it up with product metrics and integrations with the likes of Salesforce and other saas applications. Make sure that the reporting suits your needs here. We have gotten by with creating the reports via salesforce. Overall great product for your organization to drive renewals.

We are solving the problem of understanding user and account usage of our saas platform and it is giving us insights that will influence the future of our product. We have taken actionable insights onto our product and have been able to learn more about our customers behaviors. Also helps with renewals to understand what value a customer has been missing.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Great tool for monitoring customer health"

What do you like best?

Totango has been beneficial in keeping track of how our customers are using our platform and what features they have not been using so we can reach out and make sure they are getting the most out of what we offer.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to measure health and how it pertains to a particular customer, there are occasions when someone is marked as in good health but is not getting the most out of our platform, and other times when a customer is marked in poor health but is utilizing our platform quite well.

We use Totango to ensure that our customers are using our SaaS platform to its full capability and getting the most out of all different features that we offer. It allows us to see when a customer is not using certain features so we can refresh them on our capabilities and ensure that our software is part of their daily workflow.

Totango review by Executive Sponsor in Publishing
Executive Sponsor in Publishing

"Too complex for a small business to use"

What do you like best?

The promise of what it could potentially do -- monitoring client usage and engagement.

What do you dislike?

We never got it up and running. Totango had said it would be easy to implement in our company but it wasn't. After 6 months of trying we threw in the towel and gave up. We wasted a lot of time and money on the promise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a dedicated internal resource to learn the Totango system and make sure it will work in your environment. Start small before you commit to rolling it out for all your customers or account executives...would have saved a lot of money and heartache if we had a smaller agreement and expanded it if it delivered on the promise.

We were trying to improve our customer onboarding and retention rates but didn't realize any value.

Totango review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"Great Usage-driven Account Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Totango does a good job of connecting the dots between usage and account health. Its lists are extremely powerful if used well - we've been able to glean an incredible amount of insights about our customer base. Totango has helped us target specific users that meet a variety of criteria with targeted messaging. All of this has contributed to customer LTV. It has also proved to be a relatively useful feature success tracking tool.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is somewhat limited. You can only look at the number of accounts in a given list over time - it would be great to look at user lists as well. Also, it would be absolutely phenomenal if Totango could do some regression analysis in the background to identify correlations between user activities and account health - essentially suggesting health parameters. Neither are mission-critical - Totango is a great app to use with an attentive support team.

Churn, Product feature tracking, Account health.

Totango review by User

"Data driven decisions"

What do you like best?

Totango affords companies like mine the ability to tell an accurate story about the metrics we are tracking.

What do you dislike?

There have been times where my interactions with their support team have been less than ideal. Ultimately, though, the issue was resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totango shouldn't be the only tool used to understand your customers, but it should definitely be there.

The company I work for does a good job of tracking user interaction with our system but being able to consume this data in a way that we can actually tell what's currently going on was challenging before we had Totango. Now we can accurately track customer health and cancellation probability.

Totango review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Nicely designed platform, poor CS"

What do you like best?

I love the layout and design of the application of itself. Also, one of my favorite features of any SaaS software is that you can manually initiate a Salesforce sync. So helpful when doing batch updates

What do you dislike?

Crazy that a company that is built for CS orgs has such poor CS. Lies during implementation, weeks with no response from ticketing systems and our direct CSM, and no SLAs defined (if they are defined, they are surely in breach of them). Would be a great software if they had any resources for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to support yourself.

CS CRM.

Totango review by Nate R.
Nate R.

"Great all-around platform for lifecycle and customer success management"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, robust Salesforce integration, comprehensive API.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk integration does not work well with multi-product hierarchies, in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have a good understanding of your data model, both within your app and including integrations with other business systems, before you begin implementing.

Ensure renewals and capitalize on growth opportunities.

Totango review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Bad. Just bad"

What do you like best?

It tracks my touch points for customers. I can add touchpoints by sending an email to Totango.

What do you dislike?

It breaks all the time. Not reliable. There is a ton of downtime for this product which makes it hard to use it as a reliable product.

None. It’s causing more problems than it’s solving due to it's continued downtime.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Totango to reduce churn"

What do you like best?

Overall insight- previously we were working from spreadsheets that were pulled every every 30 days. We didn't know customers were churning until they were already gone. Now that we have closer to real time data we can be proactive in our approach to reduce churn.

What do you dislike?

The tasks and notifications can be obnoxious. However the notifications are set by the admin so you have the option to be more specific in what defines a touch point/reason to reach out to your customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing surpringing here but make sure the KPIs for your organization can be tracked via totango before implementation

How to reduce churn by proactively monitoring customer accounts

Totango review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"More than a Customer Success system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and training people due to the super intuitive UX.

What do you dislike?

Tasks are not very useful. Some modules are too rigid with Totango's logic and not open to adjust the formulas.

Customer Success system and our repository for all customer related operational data. Totango allows ease of segmentation and a very intuitive customer health representation

Totango review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"User Friendly, Nice to Look at, and Quick Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

My favorite features include the ability to delineate specific tasks across the life cycle of the client. I also enjoy the campaigns, helpful when scaling, as well as the snapshot and in depth analytics

What do you dislike?

The campaigns have significant limitations, especially surrounding custom segmentations and personalization. The reporting also can be clunky to create initially, but easy to build upon once lerned

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check CRM and other integrations, check that it meets requirements for campaign segmentation

Tracking and pro-actively addressing client success and long term outcomes

Totango review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Easy to use, could improve certain features"

What do you like best?

The ability to segment easily by so many attributes.

What do you dislike?

Some features could be improved, searching for campaigns etc. Also would be great to be able to change "AND" to "OR" when creating segments.

Great for targeting specifics subsets of our customers based on their actions and use of our product. Helps with marketing and upselling.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Essential for Customer Success!"

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success Manager, Totango makes my job easier to track which users are getting the most out of our platform. It also alerts me when users fall into poor health and need a quick email or call.

What do you dislike?

I wish Totango could pull our users usage longer than just the past 180 days. Some clients want to see usage for the last year.

Ultimately, we are trying to make the world a safer place. Without Totango, I would never know if my clients are getting the most out of our platform.

Totango review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Great layout and info"

What do you like best?

I like that a lot of information about each client is on one screen and that it is easy to search and save preferences for just my clients

What do you dislike?

It could have more interfaces with other software

Ability to get updated information quickly when talking with clients

Totango review by User in Computer Software

"Growing product with a lot of potential"

What do you like best?

The ability for automating tasks for CSMs and making the CSM function more proactive.

What do you dislike?

Limited hierarchy roll-up and limited reporting and CSM activity

Streamlining CSM functions. We have been able to automate work done by CSMs while maintaining a connection with each customer.

Totango review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"Still Learning"

What do you like best?

Lots of options, and details per customer stored

What do you dislike?

Can be clunky, have had issues making it work for our specific company

Centralized platform for Customer Success CRM. Ultimately using it to do some automated actions and customer upkeep down the line.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Great insight to customer interactions"

What do you like best?

I love the level of detail on customers.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more capabilities around exporting reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to easily understand the engagement with your customers. Increasing the integration with Salesforces, which is great as well.

Identifying which of my clients are the most/least active. Once identified, proactively working with the customer to engage them more. Upon customer renewals, I'm able to explain the level of engagement their team has and suggestions for improvement.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Totango - Visibility into the health of our customers"

What do you like best?

Allows for real-time insight as to the health of the clients using our SaaS. Provides valuable information for renewals and upsell opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Integration was a little difficult to get the reports exact, but once setup it is very helpful.

Better understand the health of our clients. How often are they using the platform, in what volumes, and frequency. We have been able to gather significant insight on all the above.

Totango review by Administrator

"Great customer service "

What do you like best?

Both the CSM and technical team are client centric and the products evolves organically with client needs.

What do you dislike?

The platform is sometimes slow for a few day follwing the release of new features

Recommendations to others considering the product

The initial set up can be a bit time consuming but it's definitely worth it

Being able to quickly identify at risk client and improved communication between the sales and CS teams

Totango review by User in Internet

"Easily Gauging User Activity "

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily see how active a user is in our platform. It allows me to address poor usage immediately with a quick reach-out and further trainings.

What do you dislike?

I have not personally experienced any issues with Totango.

We need to understand how active our users are within our platform, so that we can take it into consideration when it comes to future trainings and engagement.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Great insight into who is using your product, and how well"

What do you like best?

Integrates very well with Salesforce, helps summarize insight into who is using our software, and how well.

What do you dislike?

Had some kinks when we started working with the platform but those seem to have been addressed.

Helps us determine which of our users are not utilizing the platform, and who needs attention.

Totango review by User in Internet

"Excellent Customer Success Tool"

What do you like best?

How easy it was to integrate and getting up to speed on how to best use the product. We can communicate to our customers very easily now.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options with email design

Our CSMs are set up for success with Totango

Learn more about Totango

Totango Videos

Learning about Totango?

* We monitor all Totango reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.