Totango

Totango

By monitoring customer behavior and usage in applications – along with critical relationship data from CRM, billing, and other systems – Totango uncovers customer insights that help you understand which customers need your attention and why.

Work for Totango?

Learning about Totango?

Totango Reviews

Ask Totango a Question
Showing 37 Totango reviews
Totango review by <span>Donna  M.</span>
Donna M.

Customer Health Masters

What do you like best?

Totango is a leading Customer Success Platform that has provided a robust, actionable, dynamic picture of our customers' engagement with our software. The software is easy to use and enables a comprehensive actionable snapshot of our customers' experience through the customer journey resulting in executable success plans and plays.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any constructive feedback at this point, however, I'm not privy to the costs but I trust it's a price point that most companies can easily calculate the ROI for retaining customers.

We want to address and get ahead of customer churn in the B2B SaaS market. Our priority is to deliver a valuable product to our customers and make sure we are delivering the highest customer service and support. We are reducing churn with the help of Totango and the company has provided a valuable framework for a top tier 'Customer Success' culture.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Totango
Totango review by <span>Rachel D.</span>
Rachel D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Passionate about customers, thrilled to use Totango

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to pull data about my users and accounts. Previously, I would have to go into 14 different sites, pull data that frequently had errors, and accumulate it myself. Now, all I do is go in and setup a query and in a couple clicks have all that data at my fingertips. Now, I can focus more of my time on what it says versus trying to develop it.

What do you dislike?

I want less restrictions on USER data. The more successful certain user groups are, the less risky my renewal conversation or proving value will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have executive level sponsorship internally to ensure adoption, not only of Totango but more holistically on the emphasis the customer plays in your organization. If you don't have a customer-centric culture already, the access and quality of data you get from Totango may help move the needle, but that executive sponsor is key.

I had 2 goals- make our client conversations more proactive and inform our product group on what's used in the app for prioritizing our roadmap. We have started a QBR process w/ clients and are already seeing improved quality of conversation and access to other data sets to help them have their internal value conversation. My product team is my biggest supporter, and most engaged with the data. Their use is spreading, so I am realizing greater benefits from my use of Totango than I set out to achieve already.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

Totango review by <span>Greg W.</span>
Greg W.

Powerful tool with a good UI!

What do you like best?

Overall great tool that allows my team to manage their accounts - is useful both for high volume CSMs with 200+ accounts as well as high touch CSMs with <25 accounts. It's useful to help the team know when to reach out based on health scores or triggered actions, but is also great because it gives autonomy to the CS team to send out automated email campaigns to customers using their campaigns feature.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally bugs here & there, but this is expected as it's a growing company! Reporting could be slightly more robust (think salesforce reporting) - would love to use this to do CSM activity dashboards, IE, calls made, emails, etc.

We're using Totango to manage and scale the CSM team, understand activity within our accounts, and send out automated or semi-automated emails to our existing customers. It's even useful for our sales team to understand the health of a sales prospect who is trialing our product.

Totango review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

Works well, releases new features frequently, room for improvement

What do you like best?

For the most part it’s reliable, it syncs well with Salesforce, and gives me good visibility into my customers. I log my touch points and can automate campaigns to email them automatically based on health or other criteria.

What do you dislike?

They develop new products that I usually don’t need, their support is often slow but in general is okay. Some basic functionality like making reports easy to create and email are quite limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their mobile app is very poor and limited, and there is no iPad app. You can’t do much on it. If there’s a feature you must have and they don’t have it, make sure to drive that as a requirement before purchasing or it may take a very long time to develop.

Visibility into our customers health, and company visibility into our touchpoints. Sharing escalations, automating campaigns, triggers alerting us of certain activities or usage. For the most part it works well and it’s less expensive than many competitors.

Totango review by <span>Andersen Y.</span>
Andersen Y.

Great CX Tool for Scale

What do you like best?

I like that our engineers and data team have been able to pipe solid data into Totango that we can then act on.

What do you dislike?

The campaign feature is one of my favorite features, but I do wish we could write custom HTML code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Totango has a lot of great tools for folks in the CX space. However, the success of this tool is also dependent on the data that you're able to pipe into it. I think you're definitely going to need to leverage you our data and engineering team to make sure all the right data sources are used. The fact that you can also then integrate with Salesforce is pretty good to.

Customer experience at scale. Triggered automated tasks based on data to make better and more informed decisions.

Totango review by <span>Katie Y.</span>
Katie Y.

Utlizing Totango to Work Smarter and help our customers be succcesful

What do you like best?

After 17 years of having multiple sources I had to go to to get data and pull together some type of analysis on our customers it has been unbelievably advantageous to use a system where everything is brought together in one place. The ability to pull data, analyze that data, and then create action for our reps in the form of one consistent communication has positively impacted our productivity and revenue.

With their recent addition of "smart data" we can put data pertinent to the directions we are giving our reps so they literally can get everything they need in that one communication and can just go.

I like that they are a company that practices what they preach. In my interactions with their engineers and the customer success manager assigned to my account I very much feel as though they are vested in making sure we are successful using their system. On more than one occasion I have seen them take customer feedback and add product improvements to their roadmap to get those rolled out very quickly. It is also great that their systems works relatively well with Salesforce.

Really appreciate that they just added the ability for executed campagins to be included in coverage of accounts as that is really important for us with our tech-touch customers.

What do you dislike?

I hope they continue to expand their footprint to the east. Working on EST and having them on PST can sometimes be a challenge. I wouls like to see their report module and executive console be a bit more intuitive.

We are trying to ensure our customers are succcessful using our products so they come back and use us again and/or try a different product we have that can also help them. We needed a system that can proactively help us identify health on our products so we can maintain, upsell, crossell our customers and easily give our sales reps direction.

Benefits so far:

Ability to have customer health on thousands of accounts. The fact that the totango system can health on several products and then role it up into one health score is key.

Ability to pull together a segment of data, analyze it, and take action through a success play and then subsequently have tracking that also gets copied into SF

Ability to send rep driven campaigns to our customes with consistent messaging that we hope is relavent to them has ben key. No longer are our reps needing to do this on their own. Really big productivity win.

Learn more about Totango

Totango Videos

Learning about Totango?

* We monitor all Totango reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.