Totango

Totango

By monitoring customer behavior and usage in applications – along with critical relationship data from CRM, billing, and other systems – Totango uncovers customer insights that help you understand which customers need your attention and why.

Work for Totango?

Learning about Totango?

Totango Reviews

Ask Totango a Question
Showing 61 Totango reviews
Totango review by <span>Brendan K.</span>
Brendan K.

"Hands Down the Best Customer Success Management System"

What do you like best?

Totango is simultaneously intuitive and powerful with a robust set of monitoring features that provides visibility into customer data. Easily create and trigger campaigns that target user segments, track customer health and monitor response patterns, and customize how you measure success using an interface that's easy to learn and sustainable long-term.

What do you dislike?

There really aren't many complaints, but there is one observation: setting up Totango to track usage takes a little trial and error. Make sure you commit the time to learn the platform so that you're getting the most out of it. Totango's featureset is rich and once learned becomes second nature, but don't cut yourself short when setting up the platform -- it takes time, but it's well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the market for a system that helps you monitor customer usage patterns, you really don't need to look any further -- Totango has every feature you're going to need in order to implement a successful customer retention and experience program.

We needed a way to better understand how our customers were using our product. Using Totango's visualization tools and custom "Health" profiles. we were able to see from a 10,000' view how our product was serving their needs, which in turn helps us anticipate at-risk behaviors so we can execute effective recovery strategies. As a result of using Totango, we've been able to reduce customer churn across our accounts year over year and are better able to lead meaningful conversations with our customers about how they value our product.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Totango
Totango review by <span>Kevin L.</span>
Kevin L.

"Essential to our Support Process"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with our support tickets. Totango let's me quickly see who the customer is, what they have been doing and who they belong to on our team. It allows us to quickly see the in an outs of the account and solve their issues right away.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could customize the layout of the widget in our help tool, deciding which fields fit the most. I also wish we could set off campaigns to individual users without the need of creating user lists and tagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for gathering the right data about your clients to help your team determine the best steps on a daily and weekly basis.

Customer health, support troubleshooting, email campaigns for training and live product webinars. We have a much faster response time for our customers. We are also able to proactively reach out to our lower tier of clients to determine their needs.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

Totango review by <span>Chantz O.</span>
Chantz O.

"Easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

The support is always great. Val is a champ. Anytime we make suggestions we see developments fairly quickly. The tool is clear and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Why do I have to build a segment in order to pull a report. I wish reports were much more robust in the sense that I could pull whatever information I needed without first having to create a segment to report off of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set it up correctly from the get go. Think of everything you want to track and then continue to refine your health.

Customer health - Usage Tracking - Utilization of Features - Engagement Tracking - Renewals - SMB Vs Enterprise Strategies.

We have seen this tool be useful and now with a few changes we are going to be getting a lot more value. We have come to better understand what adoption looks like, what determines the "Health" of our accounts, Automation etc..

Totango review by <span>Casey H.</span>
Casey H.

"Lots of Potential "

What do you like best?

I love that this can help us predict churn by looking at behavior on our platforms. I love that this can help us with onboarding by automating the process and providing a platform for a smoother transition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am not able to have much control personally because I depend on too many other parties internally to provide access/set it up the way to optimize the product for our department--this isn't the fault of Totango though, it's just internal bureaucracy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know going into it that it is a lot of setup and training on the front end but it will be very valuable going forward once it is set up and running and identifying risk factors for your clients.

The biggest thing for my department is preventing churn. I really like that we are able to see red flags and proactively reach out to prevent churn.

Totango review by <span>Kevin C.</span>
Kevin C.

"Significant potential not yet fully realized"

What do you like best?

The platform is relatively easy to configure, and in walking through the various configuration options your eyes are opened to different ways of thinking about how to structure customer success. Once you have the right data in the platform, creating automation rules is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel we received sufficient guidance regarding usage and user data import. Our tech team implemented usage data one way as opposed to another. It took some investigative work on our part to conclude that this would preclude us from using many of Totango's features. Discovering the problem and working through it with the Totango team was painful. I would have expected stronger guidance, especially since we had provided a comprehensive requirements document during the sales process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete a proof of concept implementation before signing up for a paid subscription. I regret not doing this, as it would have highlighted gaps in Totango as well as in our own readiness.

We bought Totango to achieve two goals: first, programmatically calculate account health to focus our team on accounts most at risk; and second, detect critical customer events (largely in-product actions) on which our team should take action. We're still in the early stages of achieving these goals. Totango could have done more to accelerate our progress, but it's largely on us to be more prepared from a data and process perspective. I'm optimistic the value we're receiving will continue to increase.

Totango review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Can't imagine work without it"

What do you like best?

Building compelling stories to tell our customers during our business reviews.

Our Account Management and Customer Success teams use the Account Profile to gain insight into module usage, users, trends, and overall health

We've also had success with building Account Segments and Reports to benchmark like-customers.

What do you dislike?

After about 3 years of using the product, our company came to the realization that the data could be better. No fault of Totango, but it made us take a hard look at what we were putting in, and what we were getting out. After working with Totango to revamp our deployment, we are very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you actually need in a customer success platform. Our company uses SalesForce as the system of record, and this system compliments it very well.

Increase the number of licenses within existing accounts

Reducing churn

Selling professional services

Learn more about Totango

Totango Videos

Learning about Totango?

* We monitor all Totango reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.