Track-It!

A fully integrated IT Help Desk and Asset Management solution for small to mid-sized organizations.

Work for Track-It!?

Learning about Track-It!?

Track-It! Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 70 Track-It! reviews
Track-It! review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Track-It Review"

What do you like best?

We mostly use Track-It for Purchasing, keeping track of PO's etc. I mostly like that we are able to add receipts to each PO but also like that I can filter my searches when I'm looking for specific receipts.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had any problems with Track-It and I don't seem limited in the functions I'm trying to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy to use product for tracking Purchase Orders and other vendor relations then TrackIt is the way to go. We have been very pleased with it and plan to utilize other features of the product rather than just the purchasing portion. From what I looked at in the Help Desk portion, it left something to be desired but I believe that with a little tweaking we could get it to suit our needs very well.

We are tracking all of our purchase orders. We have an outside vendor who does a lot of our purchasing so it's helpful when she is able to enter all of our PO's and add receipts and notes, etc. Makes it very easy to reconcile my Amex each month!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Track-It!
Track-It! review by Yaniv R.
Yaniv R.

"Outdated ticket tracking system "

What do you like best?

Simple to use, though can be a bit complex to configure and get the maximum out of. It used to be a good issue tracking application. However, compared to modern and newer issue tracking systems available today, it seems that this system have become outdated, and is not updated as much as it should be.

What do you dislike?

The system is now lacking a lot of features, and the features that is has are not integrated together well enough to make it easy to utilize it to the extent that it be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just compare Track-IT! to other Issue tracking/management solutions out there and see what is best for you. This product is definitely lacking in many of the requirements that my organization needs. I believe this product is outdated and for the same cost you can get much better products.

I'm a supervisor at service support and we use Track-it to manage the help-desk/service desk.

What Service Desk solution do you use?

Track-It! review by Robert R.
Robert R.

"Track-IT! the right tool for the job"

What do you like best?

Makes tracking tickets, and notifying requester, and tech easy. Weather it is in the application or the handy web interface. It is easy for anyone who has user a Microsoft app to use with little on no coaching.

Its' customization takes a bit of work but is worth it.

What do you dislike?

The solutions area could handle attachments better. I would like it to be more like a wiki. It is a feature I would use more if the contents of the attachments were searchable as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a test copy, there is a total rewrite coming this year, may want to as for beta access. (2018)

We are tracking Help desk tickets.

Track-It! review by Jose Q.
Jose Q.

"One compact all-in-one for all your IT needs"

What do you like best?

Track-It may look as a simple, small and compact client-server application for handling tickets and asset management. You'll be surprised. Not only you have a full ticket and asset management system, but you'll also get a Purchases module, a Software Licenses module (both interacting with the Inventory one, for the assets - more on that later), a useful and underrated Library Module for keeping track of assets and equipment borrowed and returned, mobile support via web, and the full might of Crystal Reports XI - yes, the FULL Crystal Reports XI application is included for free - for very, very comprehensive and customizable reports, actually one of the most powerful reporting solutions out there. Even for extra licensing, you can have Remote Control on your assets and Barcode Management - interfacing with your Inventory.

What do you dislike?

Track-It! is a client-server solution, which means it's a product that must be installed on-premises with a centralized server. That means that it could be seen as a aging solution for modern XXI-century companies, which tend to favor Cloud-based solutions against local ones. That being said, there's not much more to dislike from such a compact yet powerful solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Track-It has it all in a single package. If you don't have a problem with installing on-premises (or, of course, if you require it to be on-premises for regulatory issues or compliance), you need to give it a try. Track-It, as it's usual, provides you a 30-day trial run free of charge for your evaluation. If you have basic-to-medium IT Helpdesk needs and also require Asset Management with no hassle, by all means try it. It delivers.

For SMBs that are in a budget, and don't want (or can't) to invest in bigger Enterprise-grade solutions, Track-It! is an all-around winner. For us, the main benefit certainly lies in the Barcode asset management capabilities and the very advanced reporting features of Track-It! with Crystal Reports in tandem. Also, the somewhat forgotten Library (for borrow-return control of assets and equipment) is a definitive plus for our operations.

Track-It! review by Sergio Antonio E.
Sergio Antonio E.

"Trackit help desk software"

What do you like best?

Trackit it's a windows app thet lets a comapny have control over the tech support tickets, licenced software.

It is installable on a local server and has it's own web interface to let users to interact with it on a web browser without having to install the client.

Has the hability yo send mail to users .

What do you dislike?

The app is very slow to open, to retrieve a work order (ticket), find on saved answers... you name it...

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep an eye on the amount of simultaneous users because each one cost a license.

The company has about many locations and with this software we can track the tech support events to all users.

Track-It! review by Abhijeet P.
Abhijeet P.

"Overall Good but very Slow Product!"

What do you like best?

I've used REMEDY/Track It TOOL by BMC. Basically it is used for ticketing too. We manage all the users issues by Remedy and it is very reliable tool.

Best reporting tool as well.

What do you dislike?

Much slower than expected.

Complex UI.

Some mandatory fields are more annoying.

Features wise more improvement needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is high end product I would highly recommend this though it is slow but more useful.

We can get all the users issues at one place and we can track them easily.

We can do Trend analysis by generating reports. Support level can be managed in this tool itself.

Overall good product and much needed in BIG organization.

Track-It! review by Rick J.
Rick J.

"Easy to use and manage"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to create "work orders". With each work order you can enter all the information about the problem, contact info for the requester, and then assign the new task to a certain member of your department based on the problem type, sub type, and category.

Users are then able to see all the tasks that are assigned to them and also which ones are overdue.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Overall it is a very useful software for assigning tasks. There are many features of Track-it! that I have not even used, but as a help desk employee for an IT department it is an excellent software. We are able to easily gather information over the phone/email and enter it all into a work order and assign it to the correct technician.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have very little experience with other softwares of this type, but Track-it! has been an excellent task manager for our organization

A wide variety of issues ranging from password resets to new software/hardware installs and website error fixes. This software can be used to notify technicians of any issue from any user.

Track-It! review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Wouldn't be my first choice."

What do you like best?

Being able to nest assignments under a ticket. Easy to transfer tickets between technicians. Easy to see all of the tickets in your personal queue on one screen.

I like that there is a web portal, but it isn't as robust as the actual software.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't require a password for a user to login.

Attachments and emails sometimes don't get saved to the ticket after they are uploaded/sent. Should save automatically.

The email alerts regarding ticket creation, assignment, and overdue tickets seem undependable and random, often repetitive.

The views could be easier to edit to your own liking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider other options. I've seen better service desk software.

Oracle EBS support - Easy for the general IT Service desk to route tickets to the Oracle Support team.

Other service desk technicians use the same software for managing IT issues across multiple operating companies within the corporation.

Track-It! review by Hans H.
Hans H.

"Easy turnkey solution for our small IT department"

What do you like best?

The solution was pretty easy to setup and configure and TrackIT seems to provide all of the functionality that we need:

-being able to generate tickets and monitor different email accounts and have them assigned to different techs depending on the email address used

-ability to maintain a solutions page for closed out tickets for future reference

-detailed configurations for different aspects of the ticket: estimated resolution dates, severity, ability to change/re-assign tech to tickets, etc.

-ability to use thick client or a web browser to access tickets & solutions

-Windowd AD SSO integration

What do you dislike?

I think we probably use less than 10% of the total functionality that TrackIT offers. We do not even use it for the Inventory or Software licensing tracking as we use another piece of software to do those. The dashboard is also a nice feature but I do not use it either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great turnkey solution if you need to have something that will be able to drop in place and have up and running in less than a week

We needed a bit more visibility with regards to the requests put into IT, especially when it comes to application development and changes as business process & needs change. The ability to use TrackIT seems to help streamline things not only for the IT staff but also for the non-IT staff to be able to track their requests and also allows for IT to notice trends in issues that may indicate a bigger issue somewhere else.

Track-It! review by Barbara W.
Barbara W.

"Simple Workorder System"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and very intuitive. While there is a bit more to setting it up, the technicians who use the client and the end users that use self service, there was no training required. The only training needed was a change in our internal process while using it.

What do you dislike?

We do not use inventory the way it was designed, because we assign asset numbers before they are detected, but we've found workarounds to make that successful. Barcoding would be nice if you could scan the asset and then scan ALL tracked items instead of just one. As a result we manually do inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take training before implementing. So there is an understanding of how to setup lookup tables, work with inventory, etc

We are an IT department and need to be able to track work we do for other departments in order to bill them back for our services.

Track-It! review by Joel G.
Joel G.

"Great for small organizations"

What do you like best?

Track It is quick to setup. The ticketing features work really well, including skills-based routing of tickets to specific technicians.

What do you dislike?

Asset management is fairly rudimentary, as is the lending library feature. The knowledge base for common ticket solutions is very cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully understand your needs and compare it to the features. Like any service desk/service management solution, Track It can do a lot. It does not, however, do all of those things equally well. If your needs are fairly generic, it may be a great solution for you. If you need a lot of automation, it may be insufficient.

We required a low-maintenance help desk ticketing tool. We tried to utilize other features, but found them to be too complex to setup or lacking in necessary features. Track It was our ticketing system for almost 10 years. It served its time, but our organization outgrew it.

"So far, so good"

What do you like best?

The self-help password reset feature is a huge selling point. It's easy for users to register and use.

What do you dislike?

Configuration is a little daunting at times. The pre-sales meetings seem to indicate that everything is customizable. But there are definitely a few things you can not do with as you wish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all of your questions answered before purchasing. Pre-sales support is leaps and bounds above general tech support. That being said, they do still get our issues worked out, it just takes a little longer.

We needed a way to keep track of our issues and graph out trends. Track-It is helping us to see where our common issues lie as well as help us to become more efficient and resolve issues faster.

Track-It! review by Leslie C.
Leslie C.

"TrackIt! Simplifies my Professional life!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can include my inventory, images of the inventory, can create library and solution items for future reference. And, it's all in a very easy to use dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Support has recently moved from Numara Software to BMC. It seems to me that BMC is a little more difficult to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Track-It! is an amazing product. I truly hope their support picks up and I've only experienced a small hiccup or two because of the switch to BMC.

Inventory. Work order management of IT problems.

Track-It! review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Track-It is the best thing to ever happen to our IT/Facilities Department"

What do you like best?

The things that I love best about Track It are the ease of use of the app and the speed at which requests are sent. It feels like the second our IT team gets a Track-It they are across our clinic and able to fix the problem instantly. It is awesome!

What do you dislike?

There is very, very little that I dislike about Track-It! It takes very few seconds to place a Track-It and if I was being super nit-picky I would say that I don't like not being able to close the window once a request is sent.

It feels as though we are solving all the business problems with this tool. Our requests are sent instantly and seemingly responded to just as fast. The multi-department value is unreal!

Track-It! review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Track-It! Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Track-It actually has a client you can install on a machine. The client is easier to access than a web based system like KACE

What do you dislike?

The worst part about Track-It is that the auto refresh feature does not work on the app. (there is an option to turn in on, but our office has had no success trying to get this to work) It is very cumber-sum to have to hit F5 to refresh the screen to view new work orders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product, just make sure you renew the support.

We use Track-It to manage software and technology issues we experience on a college campus. We also use it to track workload and time spend on a project.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool for IT tickets"

What do you like best?

I like the organization of this product the most, it helps with tracking service orders and requests as well as documenting all the work involved with each task. Very helpful and useful tool for keeping track of your work.

What do you dislike?

I think the software can use a bit of improvement on the features it provides such as inventory and asset management purposes. The ability to keep track of the equipment would definitely be very beneficial if this feature was added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Track-It! as a tool for managing work orders and tickets. It is a great tracking tool for any IT company to use.

I solved problems for customers using Track-It! and it was definitely beneficial to be able to follow up with users and my team on certain work orders that were assigned to me.

Track-It! review by Dana M.
Dana M.

"Exactly what we need!"

What do you like best?

My biggest pro for Track-It is the adaptability of the program to meet our needs. The Help Desk module delivers all the information needed to allow competent ticket resolution to our end users. The inventory module allows for customization and ease of sorting for look up purposes. The overall AD integration from importing users to audit assets makes collecting accurate and complete data a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isn't much I can put here. From operation to customer service this product and company have been great to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that will provide you with adaptable productivity control and increased end user simplicity, then Track-It is for you!

Our biggest business "problems" that Track-It has been able to address have been "work order" resolution and inventory control. In both instances we have been able to increase productivity by giving our end users a simple interface and an open line of communication.

Track-It! review by William S.
William S.

"Reliable, easy to use Help Desk Ticketing system"

What do you like best?

Track-It makes ticketing very simple. With AD integration and a self-service portal opening tickets is a breeze for the field.

What do you dislike?

Remote Control feature is not up to par, we use a different 3rd party product and its much better than the built-in control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the trial and use it. Although I had been a former client of Track-IT many years with another company, the new version is just as good as I remembered and we haven't looked back since.

The software allows our Help Desk to answer tickets opened by the staff in over 50 locations to troubleshoot all their problems. We use the Inventory, and Licensing modules as well to keep track of all endpoints and their software. Reporting is simple yet powerful to build our own desired reports.

Track-It! review by Arthur N.
Arthur N.

"One of the best ticketing systems available"

What do you like best?

The system will notify you when there is a reply. Also great filtering system on topics

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to figure out if you are able to send screenshots within a message inside the program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please implement pictures into replies when responding to a ticket within the software or ability to create multiple templates depending on ticket. Overall will save time for the technician.

Help Desk. Networking. Profile issues

Track-It! review by Shaun G.
Shaun G.

"Great product with a lot of functionality and scalability. "

What do you like best?

The front end user interface (UI) is mostly straight-forward and easy to use. Track-It! allows you to easily manage support tickets, assets, billing, and more. This also offers a solid reporting section to manage history and trends. The reporting UI is also very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have had some database issues in the past. I highly recommend working closely with support to ensure the proper database maintenance and optimization is taking place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product and certainly suggest doing a product demo. You can download and install a trial version of Track-It! to give it a solid test run!

This is a great product for managing IT, maintenance, and other support type services. Track-It! allows easy management of support tickets in both client and web based views.

Track-It! review by Administrator

"Track it works pretty well for asset tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the scanning portion of trackit where we can use it to do an annual count of all our PCs to verify each one has been located for audit purposes. It is also helpful to track our license counts for software.

What do you dislike?

It does not always pull the correct information for some PCs, it is like there are 2 devices that get mixed and when you audit one unit, the information is populated to a different asset record.

We use it for asset inventory and audit tracking. We also use track it for helpdesk and helpdesk ticket tracking and assignment.

Track-It! review by Bonnie B.
Bonnie B.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

You can easily create/edit work order tickets.

What do you dislike?

Maybe my institution just has a very old version of this software but if you're a Technician, you can only manage your work orders/queue on a Windows machine. As a Mac user I have to login via VirtualBox. Also, the over-all UI/design is pretty outdated and could use a facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From my experience, I'd much prefer using JIRA or a similar system. Again, it may just be because we have an outdated version, but it's a pretty painful user experience from my personal experience with the product.

We use Track-It integrated with SharePoint for internal issue reporting... with the Web site, with intranet, with Infrastructure, etc.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Software does the job needed for help desk software"

What do you like best?

Reliability and consistency. It does a good job of tracking tickets and reporting for IT staff and management

What do you dislike?

I find it to be very slow and unresponsive at times. I feel there should be additional features for the online portal. Such as better assistance for self-help and solutions area. Also would like to see a better inventory tracking feature that works more like Lansweeper

Recommendations to others considering the product

i find solutions like Desk.com and others to be better. They are web based, mobile apps available, more responsive and comparable in price.

IT tickets. Our employees submit Track-IT tickets to receive support. The benefits are good prioritization and reporting.

Track-It! review by Joshua S.
Joshua S.

"Robust Help Desk software"

What do you like best?

I love the extreme flexibility in customizing how information is presented to you in the Technician Client, and wish other software would adopt the same power and ease of customization for viewing of tabular information.

I love how Track-It! can be used to keep track of software licensing, check-ins and check-outs of equipment, purchase history, inventory of assets (manually entered), customizability of reports via Crystal Reports, and how all of these features (aside from Crystal Reports) are easily accessible from the same program client in addition to Help Desk Work Orders (aka "tickets").

I love how there is a BMC Communities website that opens up public discussions about their software. In the past there had not been such a thing and it was difficult to Google or search for solutions (although they did have a Knowledge Base, but it isn't the same as searching for user generated content).

I love the Change Management feature because it allows you to have a history of accountability and a way of acquiring approvals from co-workers serving certain job roles in the department.

I love how you can have "Assignments" of Work Orders (basically a ticket that is a sub-ticket of another ticket).

I love how you can configure a workflow of tickets based on criteria, but feel that BMC Software has room for improvement in this area because it feels like some options are missing between the configuration dialogues and the button when viewing work orders to apply a policy to a ticket (because it meets certain critera).

What do you dislike?

Like any other Help Desk & Inventory/Software-tracking software, Track-It! is not perfect and has its own quirks.

I dislike the price tag of 500 USD per Named technician license plus annual support per license, but for a large-small business organization that isn't an issue.

I dislike the Remote Control add-on for Track-It! because it is very clunky, has performance issues, does not always work (unreliable), and is a resource hog.

I dislike that to have automated asset auditing you have to pay licensing per asset. We do our inventory in Track-It! 100% manually. If you can afford the licensing for enough assets in your organization for automated auditing and integrate the log-in script, it can otherwise be very useful when someone logs a ticket and you are needing to know what asset belongs to them.

I dislike how the Solutions module is tied so directly to the Help Desk module that if you have deleting work orders disabled you also cannot delete entries in the Solutions module.

Manual maintenance in purging about a dozen different logs is required to prevent Track-It! from bringing its performance to a crawl. If you wanted to automate this, you have to manually setup scheduled tasks and scripts to perform SQL truncation of the systemlog table, maintain database index health, and occasionally rebuild the search database index. Why this couldn't have been automated from the start I without requiring manual intervention I don't know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the software before you buy it. We were able to get 2-3 months through extensions of trial for Track-It! before we purchased it. You need to see via experience if it is something that will work out well for your department. It is worth taking the time to test it just enough to see if it is maybe something you would like. I recommend dedicating a single person to be the investigator and initial sole administrator of Track-It! so that you have someone on your team who can become thoroughly familiar with Track-It!. This helps because then this person can help to guide the department into using Track-It! effectively and lead into its fullest potential without everyone having to specialize their knowledge in the software. That is what I do for our department and it has worked out well. I have been able to communicate over the years of our Track-It! implementation features of the software that we have not used and how we can make use of them (as I explore and learn them), which has led to a significant growth and dependence on Track-It!.

Track-It! provides a way for our department to prioritize and keep track of all the requests and issues users (our customers) are experiencing in the organization. By requiring users to log tickets via a well known and published company e-mail address, we can maximize our productivity through less distractions while making sure that each item is investigated and closed. This is what any organization's IT department need granted they are not a small business.

This software also helps us to keep track of all of our assets (laptops, PCs, time clocks, TCP/IP video surveillance equipment, etc) and our software licenses. We use the Purchasing module of Track-It!, which has the added benefit of being able to link software licensing to purchases to provide traceability into how we acquired licensed software and proof of ownership through file attachments of invoices.

"Track-It! is great!"

What do you like best?

I love how it help us organize our department and run as efficiently as possible.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was better. We don't use reporting in Track-It! we have a team that pulls from the database and we do our own reporting outside of Track-It!

We are keeping up with our devices better and have better security with the Inventory module and auditing. This saves us a lot of time vs having to manually search for devices or software like we used to.

Track-It! review by Sam B.
Sam B.

"Cumbersome and Hard to Use"

What do you like best?

The purchase ordering feature of Track-It is great for storing details about vendors and customizing the output.

What do you dislike?

Everything from pulling reports and adding information is hard to do. The interface is hard to navigate and the connection the SQL database is tenuous at best.

Purchase ordering was really easy because all we had to do was pull info about a vendor or product and put it all together and print the order just how we wanted.

Track-It! review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Lots of features, but messy interface"

What do you like best?

It captures everything we need to document request for help, solutions, and history of problem-solving.

What do you dislike?

It is painful to navigate. The latest version has a dashboard which is somewhat nice, but still requires me to navigate to find what I need, move to the right fields, fill things out, etc... Yes, it is customizable, but again, it is messy and allows us to customize it into a mess. It's kind of like Windows 95 when techies over-customized their desktops.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplify your implementation. Only use it for what you need. Make small customizations that allow your users to use Track-It in consistent ways.

Documenting and tracking all help requests, the process to resolution, and the final solution. We also do tracking for SOX audits in Track-It!

Track-It! review by Kyle L.
Kyle L.

"TrackIt! can track things."

What do you like best?

Good work order management for tracking IT requests.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit outdated and there is a lot that I don't know.

Work order management for IT requests.

Track-It! review by John L.
John L.

"Small to Medum "

What do you like best?

Versatile solution, overall very easy solution to manage

What do you dislike?

a little more on the reporting side of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good help desk

ticketing and asset management

Track-It! review by Jeffrey M.
Jeffrey M.

"Track what? Track-it! Great way for support tracking in the workplace"

What do you like best?

Track-it! is software that allows for highly customize-able support tracking. We use it here at my work, and the interface is easy to use and has a good workflow.

What do you dislike?

Track it! can become cumbersome to update and enhance. It takes quite a bit of work to set up the specialized support tracking and forms. Which can take quite a bit of time, especially when trying to complete a form quickly.

Desktop support requests and issue tracking

Track-It! review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Basic Help Desk Software"

What do you like best?

The simple interface is intuitive - quick to learn and easy to use. The ability to track existing tickets is helpful. Ability to add screenshots is very helpful, especially using a snipping tool to share error messages. So much easier that emailing issues to the service desk.

What do you dislike?

Selecting categories for incidents - it isn't always obvious how our help desk wants us to categorize our issues. There's no easy way to prioritize- everyone's own issues is always the priority!

Help desk and service issue logging and tracking.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"love this"

What do you like best?

it is 100% customization we were able to add in our own features and fields. I really love that.

What do you dislike?

manual edits and set up - we did the set up ourselves and it took a lot longer than we it should have

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it for our help desk and it allows us to email or text the tech.

Track-It! review by Heather K.
Heather K.

"Used at my current employer to track work orders for our IT help desk"

What do you like best?

i like that it can be accessed anywhere, on my work PC or my mobile device

What do you dislike?

my company may not use it to its potential but I think its laking in be able to share your work orders and complete as a team, instead it seems you must re assign to have another person also be assigned to work. Not good for large projects but seems its met for small tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure it fits all needs of ur business

Help desk solution for sure, does integrate with other software

Track-It! review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Track-It! is great for ticket and asset management for any business"

What do you like best?

The software has a fairly small footprint and runs smooth on most machines. Easy to use ticket and asset management tracking.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a big fan of the native client, I wish there was more support for remote or a web based application.

Better management of assets, software licenses, and most importantly ticket tracking.

Track-It! review by Tracy M.
Tracy M.

"BMC Track-it!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use and how easy it is to find purchases and inventory

What do you dislike?

Software module. I guess if I had had BMC teach me how to use the module I wouldbe more educated, but when you learn from someone who was not trained in using product you are lumited to the knowledge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, outstanding support!

Productivity benefits are amazing

Track-It! review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Plastics
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Plastics

"Track it "

What do you like best?

Difficult to use reporting. CS IS NO help they said I needed to go to training

What do you dislike?

Reporting is terrible, there isn’t an easy way to get the list software on computers

the ticketing system is its best fiction users can write their own tickets

Track-It! review by YU-HSIN T.
YU-HSIN T.

"Good software for my personal computer"

What do you like best?

I can use it organize my work documents and handle the tuition easier.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit expensive for me, as a studio piano teacher.

Organize all my students’ documents. It’s easy to use and save my time.

Track-It! review by Sun D.
Sun D.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

TrackIT really shines in their Service Desk and Asset Management software. We were able to handle requests very easily as well as keep track of hardware.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the software took a lot of time. This is true with most software like this.

We were trying to solve internal IT support requests.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"good organizer"

What do you like best?

The ability to reference information about anything at my fingetips. I can check out inventory, purchasing and see information about what people call the Helpdesk about.

What do you dislike?

The program tends to take a long time to open. It is the type of program that cannot handle a brief network interruption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. I have only had positive experiences with it.

Managing inventory and tracking purchasing.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Track-it - good work order tracking system"

What do you like best?

ease of use, configurability, functionality, work order tracking module, great customer support

What do you dislike?

Purchasing Module - I would like if it intergrated with our current ERP system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use BMC community boards and ask other about product

Keeping track of all user requests for assists and managing our assets

Track-It! review by Elias G.
Elias G.

"Track it! "

What do you like best?

I was not crazy about track it. We used here for about 5 years.

What do you dislike?

It was not user friendly. The programs did not work correctly all the time.

We used it for inventory and work order.

Track-It! review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Helpdesk ticketing software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use very quick to create a ticket and track. The drop down options make it easy to fill in all the information needed. The ease of escalating tickets through email and replying to the email goes straight in the notes.

What do you dislike?

The software was slow to catch up to the times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very basic product it needs to move in a direction of a full service option with better inventory and knowledge base depositories.

Open and track helpdesk tickets to keep a knowledge base of known issues with known solutions.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Track-It works for Incident management but lags behind curve on new features"

What do you like best?

Tickets can be generated via email and are automatically pulled into Track-It.

What do you dislike?

There is not currently a workflow option, replies on tickets do no automatically get appended to the original and instead one ticket per reply is generated which makes it difficult to manage.

we are able to receive incident, requests and general questions. We are able to keep track of current issues and quickly determine a company wide issue.

Track-It! review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"BMC Track-IT! "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and trainability - seems like we had no issues training end users

What do you dislike?

We would like to see product have more functionality such as barcode scan inventory addition

Recommendations to others considering the product

BUY IT!

Keeping up with help desk tickets

Track-It! review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great for Procedural Work"

What do you like best?

The software has a to-the-point interface. There's no room for unnecessary features.

What do you dislike?

Along with no room for unnecessary features; there's not much room for features to incorporate the tool into project management software.

We've used Track-It for all of our IT work; including tracking certain large projects. We've realized a benefit on our procedural, routine work (for accountability and time tracking).

"Track IT Review"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the interface which probably contributed to its reliability and speed.

What do you dislike?

It looks outdated, the interface looks like an Excel spreadsheet. Althought it does work, just doesn't look like anyone put a lot of thought into the asthetics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to understand where they are planning to take the software. It didn't change much when we had it.

We are tracking incoming tickets.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Service desk of 6 years"

What do you like best?

The program Works well and it shows all pertinent info, this helps to fill in missing info from the customer when building new or updating old tickets.

What do you dislike?

The program is Web based, or at least the way we use it is, all info needs to be manually input into the program. This can sometime be time consuming.

Tracking mac, serial, computer numbers and names. IP and other information

"Great Ticketing Software"

What do you like best?

I really liked how it was easy to use, and submit tickets for users, and we needed to create one how it was a simple process. I would definitely try to use it again if my company offered.

What do you dislike?

I really did not have anything that I disliked.

We used Track-IT as our ticketing system for any issues or requests are users had or needed help with.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Trackit - Organize your life"

What do you like best?

Ability to audit and keep track of licenses

What do you dislike?

Ability for remote use - remote control does not work

Managing licenses and software management with asset tracking

Track-It! review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Customer service benefits "

What do you like best?

Track alk sales likes and dislikes personal information

What do you dislike?

I like everything about. It so i have no complaints currently

Keeping everything secure and easy accessible

Track-It! review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Reliable flexible tool for multipurpose helpdesk"

What do you like best?

Very flexible and relatively easy to configure

What do you dislike?

Some testing requires individual testing and proof of concept on the individual. Proffessional services can assist here

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended, i have used the tool at no less than three companies and seen it improve greatly over time

Workflow and asset management within the tool is added bonus as well as change management / approval process also built into tool once configured properly

"Average Tracking system"

What do you like best?

All your tickets in one place, with ability to route and track.

What do you dislike?

Need to be a little more up to date with the times. Falling behind other companies with features, and ease of use. UI very busy, and little customization.

Tracking incidents

Track-It! review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"very helpful tool for daily usage"

What do you like best?

SnagIt is just the easiest way to explain complicated or technical things.This program captures anything on the screen and does it easily.

What do you dislike?

Have to convert to a smaller format. Greenshot does better job :(

I am search engine advertiser. I can't give access to client to some of the software where I run reports for client so have to use snagit a lot to capture screens.

Track-It! review by User in Higher Education

"Used with IT for 3 years"

What do you like best?

Universal email for request submission; tracking of tasks

What do you dislike?

Not user interactive - would like a dashboard feature for users to know where the task is at all times

Not being drowned in email requests

Track-It! review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Awesome Product"

What do you like best?

Track-IT! has allowed our company to increase productivity and give our customers buy-in of the product. It's change management feature built into the product as well as security conscious approach give confidence.

What do you dislike?

Issues with auto login feature and the Inventory/Asset Management feature

We've been able to increase our productivity and serve more customers without adding additional staff.

Track-It! review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Great product for quick projects. "

What do you like best?

Simple and easy integration with email.

What do you dislike?

Not as scalable for large long-term projects. Or integration with agile methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From My experience it was great for help desk type functions but wasn't as good for tracking large projects with multiple users and status update requirements.

Help desk ticketing system. Simple email integration.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Ok product "

What do you like best?

It imports emails into ticking system and creates the ticket with users info

What do you dislike?

There is no way to filter by subject or information in the ticket

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for a system that allows you to filter customer info. Track it may be cheaper than most others but that's for a reason. This system is too basic

All IT issues

Track-It! review by Administrator in Military
Administrator in Military

"Great for Base Software License Managers"

What do you like best?

Made license management much smoother than previous methods.

What do you dislike?

So many options can make it difficult to see the forest through the trees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Was good back then, not sure about now.

Tracking of all software for a business or installation, back when that was required.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Track-It! works great for Incident Management!"

What do you like best?

Work Order layout is great. I also like the Inventory Mod.

What do you dislike?

Customer Service is overseas. It is hard to understand them sometimes.

Asset Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Surveys Works great for our Help Desk and Maintenance Department

Track-It! review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Very easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the program is. I like the history of my projects.

What do you dislike?

I am very low reminders of projects left open

Project utilization's for other departments. the program keeps me on track.

Track-It! review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Very easy to use program."

What do you like best?

User friendly, has many options and reports.

What do you dislike?

The option to email from the ticket does not always work.

Helps keep track of all issues and events that needs to be handled.

"Antiquated software"

What do you like best?

The system does maintain a strong database for assets.

What do you dislike?

Old, slow software. Not kept up to date. No Mac client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshservice

Not really having luck. Slow to pick up email tickets.

Track-It! review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Track it for Service management"

What do you like best?

Integrated service tracking, follow up and management

What do you dislike?

Its complexity can make it harder to configure call structure and assignment

Customer call and request management. Reporting and follow up with the customer

Track-It! review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Track it Helpdesk ticketing system"

What do you like best?

Its easy to assign to different prople in the team

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike, if there was an option to add emailid it would be good

Tracking issues

Track-It! review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"A little short for a corporate soft"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and flexibility. Auto-discovery was not a success.

What do you dislike?

Lack of guidance towards best practices in IT support and project tickets management

IT support issue tracking

"TrackIT Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to track customer issues and build a knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the interface was somewhat clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider evaluating

Repetitive issues; ability to drill down to root issues.

Track-It! review by Kawuma N.
Kawuma N.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Maximize value

realization with a fully

operations without

compromising on quality

Expedite issue resolution

through shared accountability

What do you dislike?

Deployment highly skilled, specialized professionals to

address your critical solution management, service time outs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, its the best

Track-It! review by User in Computer Software

"Way under par"

What do you like best?

The Track-It Server was stable, and the available data for metrics was useful.

What do you dislike?

The desktop client was prone to crashing, and all entered info on the current ticket would be lost.

We implemented TrackIt as part of a university help desk ticketing system for desktop support. It allowed us to get insight into how quickly our techs were closing calls, and an accurate look unto their individual workloads.

Track-It! review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Review of Track-It! 10.0.50"

What do you like best?

Has everything I need - Help Desk module for calls, Library for loaner equipment, Solutions DB. Tech Support is very helpful, too.

What do you dislike?

Web-based version is not as intuitive as the client version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well with a userbase of 400-500 people. May be overkill for less than 100 users. Should be fine for 1000-2500 users.

Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"No huge complaints, but could definitely be better."

What do you like best?

The caller database is easily to navigate and learn.

What do you dislike?

The inability to type in search within routing matrix.

The help desk I work on solves a multitude of issues ranging from mouse issues to software problems. This system allows us to easily track and create events for callers.

Learning about Track-It!?

* We monitor all Track-It! reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.