Tradeshift

Tradeshift is a supplier collaboration platform. We focus on connecting businesses of all sizes, and helping them work better together.

Work for Tradeshift?

Learning about Tradeshift?

Tradeshift Reviews

Ask Tradeshift a Question
Showing 202 Tradeshift reviews
Tradeshift review by Debbie D.
Debbie D.

"Easy way to track the status of purchase orders"

What do you like best?

Our company has a customer that uses Tradeshift. I submit our invoices through the Tradeshift site. All the vital information is already in the system - I don't have to re-enter it. With a few clicks, our invoice is submitted; and it's easy to track the status.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Maybe the fact that if there is a correction needed on the purchase order (like pricing), there has to be a VOID done to the first entry, and another entry done. Might be nice to just change/alter the original entry without needing a VOID.

Submitting our invoices is super fast and accurate and we receive fast email responses to submitting our invoices, to payments made, etc.. This is a benefit because it lets me know our invoice has been received and very little (if any) follow-up is needed. Saves me time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tradeshift
Tradeshift review by Gareth W.
Gareth W.

"Would recommend great tool"

What do you like best?

Easy and simple to use, it stores all my invoices and I can recall any anytime I wish.

What do you dislike?

At times the website does take its time loading, and invoices kept open in a tab then going back to save sometimes bug out and a new invoice pops up. Not really a big deal for an invoice created on the spot but for someone like myself I use a 'time used' invoice so I sometimes keep a tab open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free and nothing to lose by a bit of your time. invoices can be downloaded by PDF if needed.

I can access my invoices from anywhere with an internet connection

What Purchasing solution do you use?

Tradeshift review by Raymond L.
Raymond L.

"your worst nightmare"

What do you like best?

No reccomendations. Well I need to write more. All I can say is this system is the most worthless piece of software I have ever worked with. Inflexible. Does not function. I only use it cause I was forced to by my vendor.

What do you dislike?

Does not work like it is supposed to. Only works for the first time a specific PO is issued. After that, good luck. Have wasted time at the computer re applying etc. to get PO's approved. The supposed help is worthless. I had one PO several months ago that took over a week to get approved and ran thru.

NOT HAPPY

None, I only use Tradeshift cause I was forced to by vendor

Tradeshift review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"It does what it does very well."

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is pretty straightforward to use and understand. Getting set up was very easy, and we were able to keep most of our invoicing processes basically the same. The visibility of what is going on in the purchasing system of our customer is great. For adding a step to every order, and every piece of correspondence on such documents between a vendor and a customer, Tradeshift doesn't get in the way too much of just doing business. It is pretty easy to get help on issues, and get those issues resolved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift adds to the order procurement process. There is no way around that. We have been emailing pdf copies of the invoices to a Tradeshift email, and we have to validate nearly every one that we send. It's still easier in many ways than manually working those order flips, but it adds to the time involved. Also, the system is only as good as the people on both ends working it. The customer has to be diligent about plugging their stuff in, and the vendor has to be just as diligent as well for the whole thing to work.

We know the status of orders, and where they are at in our customer's process. We have real time traceability of their orders and can respond quickly instead of waiting for a "Go Ahead" from our customer. We have also become more visible to the many locations our customer has. This helps us increase business with this customer by offering many items that we already have stock of.

Tradeshift review by Leslie B.
Leslie B.

"Highly Recommended; Easy to Use and Track Client Invoices"

What do you like best?

TradeShift is easy to use, and only takes a few minutes to set up for first time implementation. There is no long-term commitment, and all the relevant data is stored. There's no complicated formatting involved, and the templates are customizable by trade as well as other details such as taxable items, and tax rates. It takes the thinking out of the process, which is very useful for individuals who are experiences in their specific trade, but not so great at their own accounting tasks. I also like that the layout is customizable, so that vendors can see our brand recognition when they submit invoices. This is really great for small businesses that don't have a surplus of budget allocated for marketing.

What do you dislike?

The site could benefit from video tutorials for first time users and success stories from others who have used this in their business. I found the site by doing a search. However, because word of mouth referrals are so important, a video testimonial could take the place of this; a video walk through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift is quick to implement for the beginner, and very helfpful when working with Independent contractors that need to provide us with an invoice.

I have recommended Tradeshift to many independent contractors who are good at what they do, but don't have strengths in keeping track of their own administration. It solves a problem for both them as the vendor, and our company as the client. We receive invoices that are properly formatted, and our accounting department is happy which equals quick payment to the vendors, and they are happy!

Tradeshift review by Sue B.
Sue B.

"Tradeshift - the good and the bad of it."

What do you like best?

Client cannot say that they did not receive an invoice. It is my responsibility to enter the invoice and not theirs. I make sure that it is there for processing.

What do you dislike?

When an invoice is rejected, there isn't always an explanation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A biggest issue with Tradeshift is getting an answer when payments are not forthcoming. Not sure if it is Tradeshift or the client. Also, invoices not processed on a timely basis. An invoice entered the beginning of September was rejected end of November!! Very frustrating. Lack of "live person" interaction. Wish that client locations and tax codes associated with locations would stay in memory and be drop down options instead of having to type everything in every time you enter an invoice. It would be nice if you could create an invoice from an existing purchase order.

Corporate processing center not receiving invoices from individual locations. We enter invoices so tracking, all item lines etc. are being included on invoice.

Tradeshift review by Dylan R.
Dylan R.

"Highly Recommended. Easy to Use. Perfect for Simple Businesses"

What do you like best?

Probably the hardest question, there is so much to like. First of all, its free - which is both surprising and fantastic in that there are no commitments when you start using it. Secondly, TradeShift works out of the box. The few setup tasks are very simple and ongoing usage is a breeze. The interface is clear and straight forward and there is no requirement for complex development which means it can be used straight away.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality. As great as TradeShift is, there is a small number of features which most other invoicing systems have, but TradeShift does not. These features tend to be more beneficial for larger companies or organisations wanting to provide a more customised experience. TradeShift would benefit by including a greater range of customisation options particularly around allowing users to create their own email and invoice templates rather than being forced to use the TradeShift default ones.

Additionally, the TradeShift Quote system does not permit quotes to be amended or cancelled, only deleted and accepted. This may pose a problem for those who wish to keep cancelled or expired quotes for record keeping, without leaving the quote marked as active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly worth a try! If you're invoicing requirements are simple TradeShift is for you.

Our business problem was quite simple, we needed a way to invoice customers and track payments and at the time we didn't have one. We decided to give TradeShift a try and were so happy with it we're still using it four years later. TradeShift has certainly made it very easy for us to keep on top of our sales by providing a comprehensive tool for issuing and tracking invoices and quotes.

Tradeshift review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Giving My Personal Business A Professional Look"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Tradeshift is that it simplifies the process for creating custom invoices for your clients, and from the customer's view, the invoice they receive is very simple to understand, however, very professional. I also like the copy invoice feature which allows me to easily and quickly create a new invoice for the same or different client for a different but similar project. I now use Tradeshift for all my personal jobs.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I might have which may not be a dislike for others as it's a personal preference topic, but I wish the front user-interface would show more information about my invoices that are in still in the draft phase, as well as my recent invoices I made. I also would like to see an easier way of tracking down previously used item numbers descriptions. Usually, I conduct the same type of work for clients, and I try to use the same item numbers for the work, but without going back to my previous draft to look up the item number, it's a bit difficult to remember what item numbers I used for what type of work. A drop down of some sort that list the recently used item numbers along which a short description I made for that particular item number would be handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Tradeshift to others because of it's ease of use and reliability.

The business problems I solved using Tradeshift is a digital way for creating professional invoices that could be sent via email, and also could be paid online using PayPal. That alone has made tracking and handling payments so much easier.

Tradeshift review by User in Internet

"Practical for small business"

What do you like best?

I like the potential of tool if they can deliver

What do you dislike?

The system could potentially be very useful if it can deliver the client's requirement. Each company has their own system and process and it's not easy to advocate unless the tool is more intuitive than what they are currently using. For the most part, LinkedIn is working with a lot of bigger clients with a system in place that cannot be easily integrated into TS. For this reason, there's still a big amount of manual work that is required to be done in order to process an invoice submitted using the tool.

less manual work and more of an automated process.

The system is not a match for the majority of the vendors and it's creating more manual work.

Tradeshift review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Great for features and Tracking"

What do you like best?

I like all the features that are available. It seems like it has more options and customization than most similar websites that I have used. It was also fairly easy to figure out the basic functions.

Another great feature is that is tracks your invoice through every step of the process so you always know the current status of your items from creating a draft through the final payment.

It also is great that there is a robust online support system.

What do you dislike?

The organization of my documents page can become a bit cluttered. It would be nice if it there was a more streamlines method to view all pending and finalized documents.

There is also some built in complexity that can be difficult to work around to get an invoice submitted. It gets easier once you learn the rules though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that if you are confused or unsure of anything to go to the help section. it is far more useful than most website help sections. You can search all previously asked questions and also ask you own. The best part is people actually seem to respond to the questions in a fairly timely manner.

The best benefit is I have live tracking of the status of my items. There are many times I am in the dark about the current status of some of my items, but Tradeshift allows me to stay of top of where I stand.

Tradeshift review by Shane R.
Shane R.

"Invoicing through tradeshift for the last two plus years. B+"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift allows me to look at all my past and current invoices throughout the years. This helps me as a business owner figure out my past price points and where I should be heading in terms of charges for services. I also like that you can download each invoice as a PDF which is my preferred method. If you do choose to send it via their email service you can get updates to when the client accepts the invoice which can be helpful in keeping track of processing. Also Tradeshift so far has been totally free to use and that's a huge bonus.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've really had an issue is would be when the platform has technical issues. This only has happened once that I can remember and they had it back up and running the next day only delaying my billing by 24 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Good platform and not much down time.

I'm able to track my business finances and deliver reports to my CPA at the end of the year. It has saved me time and money.

Tradeshift review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Tradeshift is not all that it's cracked up to be"

What do you like best?

I like that we can flip Purchase orders into invoices. That's very convenient.

What do you dislike?

It can be very slow and seems to frequently have technical issues. It also has a limitation that only one person can receive email notifications. We have 23 locations so either my coworkers have to remember to log in every day or two or I have to sort through the POs and try to forward them on to the correct coworker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend Tradeshift unless vendor and customer are fully on board to using Tradeshift and will dedicate the time to using it.

I can ensure that invoices are being received however if the customer doesn't submit the LOs in Tradeshift or approve the invoices, it makes things very difficult.

Tradeshift review by jenny g.
jenny g.

"Using tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is easy to use, quick and easy to access, makes life really easy for sending out accounts and reminders, highly recommneded especially for small businesses, customers are happy cost effective by emailing directly from the website, easy to track what is owed what has been paid,

What do you dislike?

Nothing the program is easy to use and gets the job done, perfect for small businesses like mine to keep things in order, i am extremely happy with the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy hassle free and gets the job done, couldnt ask for a better product, customers are happy, we are extremely happy as the product is hassle free, easy to use and requires very little computer knowledge to use, quick to find who has paid, who hasnt and customers find it hassle free to get their invoices emailed directly from website

easy quick invoicing keeps everything easy to find and see who has outstanding accounts, easy to understand easy to sort invoices, happy customers

Tradeshift review by Lois M.
Lois M.

"Love the simplicity and ease of use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. As our invoices are very similar for my client every month I love that I can use a prior accepted invoice as a template with click of my mouse. All I need to do is change the invoice number and date then submit it. I have clients that require us to use other systems but this is my favorite. I can submit an invoice in under 1 minute.

What do you dislike?

The document list can get cluttered once you have created many invoices but once you use it a while it is not really hard to use. It is just what I find the most cumbersome thing. There are great icons which help and is searchable if you need to.

I started using the product because a client required it. We are able to get the invoice to the customer very quickly and easily and their payment response time is much much less as the invoice is typically approved within 24 hours of entering it. My client went from 60 day payment to under 30 days because it took away all the time that it took for them to receive it and then to send from department to department internally.

Tradeshift review by Kellen D.
Kellen D.

"Tradeshift Invoice Submitting Review"

What do you like best?

Overall I think it's a pretty easy platform to setup, navigate and submit invoices for. That's all I used it for, but I quickly saw there were other features that could be helpful like networking and showcasing my portfolio and stuff like that. I only have one client who uses Tradeshift so I only used it during times when billing them so I wasn't really on there enough to take full advantage of other features (or even had a need really).

What do you dislike?

When I initially had my account set up for me (by client) there were some issues, bugs I assume where my information could not be updated correctly and saved. It had to call a couple times to get it sorted but they finally did. This could have been an error on the client setting it up for me, but the problem got sorted within like 48 hours so all ended up working out ok.

Client invoicing is the only service I used. It works pretty easily once your profile is set up.

Tradeshift review by Jamie F.
Jamie F.

"Could be great--but just isn't."

What do you like best?

I've used a good handful of billing platforms requested by various clients over the years to submit invoices. It's one of the areas that is heavily outdated in user experience, navigation and most of all the interface. Why it takes so long for someone to come along and say, "Hey, ya know, all the websites these days are Responsive, with large font, easy and intuitive navigation, and useful, modern tools. Maybe we should take all that, and use it for companies who bill online."

That's what Tradeshift has done, essentially. You get a nice, modern interface, that doesn't screen "1990's", and is not only visually more pleasant to view, but also is more efficient as well. If you were to compare Tradeshift to a lot of other companies in this same market, most would fall short.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to love Tradeshift, but I just can't. The platform's ability to sort through multiple clients' Purchase Orders is horrible. There is no sort by client, leaving POs to only be searchable by date or amount. Moreover, when a PO is invoices against there is not tracking for what is left on the PO. This means when a PO is depleted it still remains open in Tradeshift. Likewise, if a PO is voided, it still remains in the list in Tradeshift. This allows for an extremely messy and hard to manage list of POs. The point of technology like Tradeshift is to make your life easier; if it is just as much work, or in fact more as in this case, to bill companies that it defeats the purpose.

Moreover, their customer service is only via email threads through their platform. If you need to talk to someone immediately, or have an on-going conversation that doesn't last weeks if a problem is not resolved immediately, you are out of luck. This interferes with billing, which is a huge problem to both parties involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't jump on board until the issues they have are solved.

At this point, there are around no benefits that outweigh the negatives of this platform. If they open up customer service via a phone number, and fix their Purchase Order issues, than perhaps they might have something. As of right now, I cannot recommend using this product.

Tradeshift review by PETER G.
PETER G.

"Great product but some minor irritations."

What do you like best?

I use Tradeshift for online invoicing and find the service easy to navigate.I like the speed in which invoicing can be done compared to the paper document which involves envelopes,stamps,posting etc. I also like the record it keeps of your recent invoices which shows clearly at which stage of the payment process they have reached.

What do you dislike?

I find that if you want to change an invoice after sending it, it would appear that you can cancel the invoice and then re-send it. However even though you have cancelled the innitial invoice it still goes through to the customer which creates some confusion.It would be better not to allow the cancellation or to make sure if cancelled it does not reach the customer,this would avoid confusion.

The selection process for the customer to invoice is sometimes problematic.Even though I only have one customer using this platform it does not come up automatically.Then when I select the customer I often have to repeat it a couple of times for it to acknowledge.If you have a lot of invoicing this can be frustrating.I would prefer a dropdown list of customers to appear automatically and on selection it acts immediately.

I do not like the predictive way it guesses your invoice number.I find you are more likely to make a mistake as people use different systems.For example I always end my invoice with the last 2 digits of the year and each time I invoice Tradeshift bump up the year ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quick,efficient and saves time and stationary costs.It allows you to view the progress of your invoice to payment

I can accurately define which invoices have been paid or if indeed there is a problem with an invoice.It has cut down on stationary costs.

Tradeshift review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Fast, easy & effecient"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is easy to set up when you use it for the first and remains very intuitive afterwards. Of course the customized invoices are a top feature. It also really helps me to keep track of some unpaid invoices. It gives clarity (and reflexes) to clients once they get used to it.

In very short, it speeds up the invoicing process and saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I only encountered a problem once when I was using Tradeshift with Firefox. I contacted the customer service and they gave me a very swift response. To be honest, I think the problem (which was that I had to refresh the browser at least twice when I came back on the main 'documents' page) came more from Firefox than Tradeshift. I am now normally using Chrome and have never encountered further problems.

The time I am saving on a daily basis is reason enough to use Tradeshift.

Tradeshift review by Randall G.
Randall G.

"Been using free service for 2 years and very impressed"

What do you like best?

online access means I can get details about invoices wherever I am, even if I don't have access to my work computer, but the best thing about this tool is that it is free. To have an invoicing system that is so easy to setup, configure and use, which is also free, is brilliant.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if you were able to have a database of services/products that you could update so that you aren't having to manually enter in line items, but they do have a drop down after you start entering some details to show what you've previously entered. It would also be great to be able to schedule a date for the invoice to automatically be emailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need something with a large database of product or line items for your invoices, this is not the solution for you ... if you need an easy to use, free invoicing system that does what it says on the tin ... Tradeshift is brilliant!

Following up on unpaid invoices is easier and being able to see when a client actually changes the status themselves notifying me of a payment really takes the uncertainty out of the picture.

Tradeshift review by Jeffrey P.
Jeffrey P.

"Easy and convenient invoicing on Tradeshift."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The site has a great interface to submit invoices to the customer. There is no need to go through customer or chain of command to get an invoice submitted and processed. After you receive a customer's purchase order on the Tradeshift site you can accept that purchase order and then invoice pretty much immediately if feasible. Then the site notifies you when the customer has accepted the invoice and again notifies when the payment has been processed and sent out for payment.

What do you dislike?

My only request or dislike would be that I wish invoices could be back dated to the date work was completed rather than the date the invoice is submitted. For example if we do plant maintenance work on a Tuesday or Wednesday and invoice for the man hours worked the following Monday, the invoice date is automatically that day's date and can't be the date the work was actually done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Tradeshift. It was easy to figure out and start using. If you aren't real computer savvy Tradeshift offers a great deal of customer support and training.

I use Tradeshift primarily for receiving purchase orders from the customer and then invoicing towards those purchase orders. It is a very easy and convenient way to invoice. I didn't watch any of the webinars or use any help that was offered and was able to figure the system out on my own without much hassle.

Tradeshift review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"A massive timesaver"

What do you like best?

It's saved us a lot of time and effort. We now send hundreds of invoices per month at the press of a button, where previously they had to be printed, folded into separate envelopes and posted. As a supplier it's free to use. It's easy to check the status of invoices and we have the certainty that they have been successfully delivered.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't amazing when the number of documents is so high, but it's OK if you search for individual documents. There's also no way to export a full list of invoices and their statuses without developing a way to interact with the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out how to send invoices using one of the available CSV/Text file methods rather than using the front end it makes life really easy.

We've made significant savings on time and postage costs. The credit control team can now check the status of an invoice on Tradeshift rather than having to call the purchaser. Automated notification emails mean they can easily identify paid invoices and lets them focus on those that are still awaiting approval or payment.

Tradeshift review by Christoffer B.
Christoffer B.

"Easy to use and high compatibility with external solutions"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly and simple, but still advanced interface is something I really enjoy. I have always enjoyed logging in and to use the Tradeshift system due to aesthetic and user-friendly user interface. It makes invoicing my large customers a breeze and I can monitor if they have received my invoice. I have complete overview of the projects I have invoiced and the customers. The system as a whole is easy to use and it covers my needs for invoicing and administrating large customers.

What do you dislike?

The extra business layer between Tradeshift and my accounting system. I could benefit from a better integration between e-conomic and Tradeshift, where my invoices could be synced seamless between the 2 systems. In a world where the number of web apps and third party system we use in our businesses constantly increases, the need for simple integrations between them is really important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift is an excellent invoicing platform for almost every type of business. If you need to invoice large customers, both private and public companies, Tradeshift can help you meet the standards and to do the right invoicing. I will recommend Tradeshift to everyone who needs and easy-to-use but still advanced platform for invoicing.

Tradeshift is making it easy for me to invoice large customers with requirements for special invoicing. I deal with Danish public institutions and they have high standards and requirements for the format of the invoice, files, etc.

Tradeshift review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Fast Easy Efficient"

What do you like best?

It processes my invoices quick and efficiently. From the start it was very easy to learn and takes very little time to check the status of my invoices and to see what I am currently working on for my client.

What do you dislike?

I do get extra emails that ask me to respond to them. Could use fewer of those but I'm sure it is their way of keeping me posted to where I stand with that particular job.

I have received payment on time every time. Before this I occasionally had to check on invoices. I don't have to worry about getting information from the client I can login to tradeshift and at anytime find out where I stand with that certain job.

Tradeshift review by E Brent N.
E Brent N.

"Amazing Invoicing Platform"

What do you like best?

After spending a lot of time and effort trying to find the perfect invoicing platform for my consulting services I finally stumbled upon TradeShift. I have been using it ever since. It offers all the feature one needs to create and track elegant invoices. With features like the ability to customize invoices to match the branding of your organization all the way to low level tax features you really can't go wrong with TradeShift for invoicing.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike about TradeShift. The integrations could be a bit more robust (I'd love to see integration with $cash and other services like that). But things like that would just be sugar on top of an already sweet platform.

I do independent web development consulting and I needed a way to send and keep track of invoices. I haven't found anything better than TradeShift.

Tradeshift review by User

"Hard to figure out at first, but great customer service"

What do you like best?

I was very impressed with the customer service at Tradeshift. I had a hard time figuring out how to successfully submit invoices at first, but the customer service representatives I spoke with were very helpful and clearly explained each step of the process.

I also like how you can check the status of invoices and see when payments are scheduled to process.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to figure out at first and the instructional pdf provided by Tradeshift does not explain clearly how to submit an invoice. Tutorial videos would certainly be helpful for first time users.

Although it has its perks, and perhaps I haven't used it enough, but Tradeshift does seem like more of a hassle than it is worth.

Tradeshift has been especially helpful in tracking bigger payments. With larger sums of money involved, Tradeshift provides greater peace of mind by displaying the status of payment and it keeps invoices and due dates organized and easy to find.

Tradeshift review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can accept purchase orders as well as view, print and comment on them right in one spot. It eliminates all emails from going back and forth. I also love that I can invoice right to this portal.

What do you dislike?

When invoicing you have to have the freight line on a line by itself and it is hard to know that if you are a first time user.

Less emails and faster response.

Tradeshift review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Simple and quick"

What do you like best?

I like the simple format, which makes it easy to structure an invoice. It's actually easy to overthink the process.

What do you dislike?

I recently invoiced with a purchase order, which is a different procedure. Much easier than expected, though I struggled a bit with inputting numbers before I realized the system would accept a PO# without the details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TradeShift helps me manage the invoicing and accounting process, effectively cutting several steps. It is user friendly and payments are issued on, or even prior to, the projected payment date. Very efficient, provides a clean invoice, and most importantly, payments are always prompt.

Utilizing TradeShift has streamlined my invoicing and accounting process.

Tradeshift review by User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

"Feedback for Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

The ease of operating the system and creating the invoice for you is so refreshing. I like that I do not have to contact a person directly to find out the status of my invoices and purchase order numbers. They are constantly keeping you updated on where your invoices are in their system and when payment will be issued.

What do you dislike?

The pages are slow to come up when entering the website. I think they should provide a little more information on how to print your invoices and purchase orders out.

I like the responses I receive as to when Invoices have been received and when payments will be issued. It benefits me so that I do not have to contact a person in Accounts Payable and find out the status of my payments and waiting forever to get a response to my question.

Tradeshift review by Jenny M.
Jenny M.

"Tradeshift A+"

What do you like best?

It's easy to lean and use. Some payment management systems are complicated and impossible to navigate, and Tradeshift is not one of those systems. The system is easy to navigate and use, even for beginners.

What do you dislike?

The search capabilities are a little lacking. I also occasionally won't receive a confirmation email telling me when an item has been paid. Overall though, it's the best payment processing system I've used.

Spending endless hours tracking down payments with dozens of different buyers. Tradeshift centralizes and organizes all payments and sends email updates every step of the way. It also communicates with my buyers and sends them reminders when they need to update a PO, so it saves me from having to send countless emails and track things myself.

Tradeshift review by Donna C.
Donna C.

"Excellent resource for invoicing"

What do you like best?

As i only use trade shift for inputting invoices i don't get to see how the whole system works in general however i can say inputting invoices is very simple.

What do you dislike?

As you use the system on line it can run very slow

Tradeshift review by Gena S.
Gena S.

"The Easiest Way to Invoice"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is, by far, the easiest and most reliable invoicing system that we currently use. To invoice our customer, it takes even less time than prepping invoices to be mailed, and it has repeatedly proven more reliable than e-mail or fax invoicing. You get a quick confirmation that the invoice has been received and processed. It greatly minimizes room for error, as most of the information from the purchase order transfers over to the pre-filled invoice. From there, we just need to fill in the gaps and hit send. Couldn't be simpler!

What do you dislike?

*****Edited 10/14/15: On 8/19/15, Tradeshift sent out an e-mail stating that they would issue $10 gift cards to people who took time out of their busy days to submit a review on their product. Please see the text of that e-mail below:

'Hi there,

Thank you for using Tradeshift for e-invoicing, we hope you are satisfied with the platform.

Would you be interested in writing a review of Tradeshift on the G2 Crowd website?

It’s an independent software review site where nearly 40,000 professionals like you share their opinions and experiences with the products they use. It’s similar to Glassdoor, but for software vendors including Tradeshift.

We’re offering a $10 (or equivalent to your local currency) Amazon gift card to all Tradeshift users who complete a review as a thank you for their time.

You can leave your review of Tradeshift here.

If you have any questions about G2 Crowd of the review process, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your time, we really hope you can help us out.

Elaine Hsu

Campaign Manager

Tradeshift'

The deadline for submitting a review was 9/2/15. I had to sign up for a LinkedIn account first, which was time-consuming. Then I wrote a very thoughtful review. They sent a link to claim your gift card, and then once you filled that out, you would receive the card within 1-3 days. I received nothing. I contacted Tradeshift on 9/10/15 about it. I waited. No response. I contacted them again on 9/22/15. Nothing. They still have not given me the courtesy of a response.

While $10 is not a big deal, it was a promise that was made, and it was broken. And then to have no follow up? I am not impressed.****

The only problem I've had with Tradeshift is that I do not see a way to send a credit memo to the customer. I would love to see this functionality in the future.

It cuts down on the time I need to sit aside for invoicing. And that is a big help. I wish more of our customers used Tradeshift! I am interested in implementing more of Tradeshift's features to help streamline some of our business functions.

Tradeshift review by Biklian, A.
Biklian, A.

"Tradeshift "

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is pretty easy to use as a vendor who needs to bill to a company that employs Tradeshift for invoice processing. I imagine that if we, as a company, employed Tradeshift to manage our vendor invoices it'd be a timesaver and keep things fairly organized.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things about it's functionality that are a little funky. It has certain rules set-up for inputting invoices and if you don't make corrections to how things are laid out by the company that provided you the PO, you're not going to be very successful in invoicing. But, it's fairly easy to figure out what the problems are and make the adjustments. The problems lie in things like not being able to have a contact name as well as a PO number when submitting an invoice, and not deleting an unused cell if it doesn't apply... things like that.

I have no choice but to use the system (Tradeshift) that our client requires, but in the scheme of things, it's not terrible having to use it. There is a benefit in seeing status reports on the processing of our invoices. It's comforting to know that they're being addressed.

Tradeshift review by Laurent G.
Laurent G.

"User Review of Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is very user friendly and intuitive to use. It is also easy to add other users to use it and the helpdesk is fast and accurate in their replies.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to look up documents (invoices, credit notes e.a.) in Tradeshift, but unfortunately there is no filter criteria on the status of the documents and it is not possible yet to extract the results in an MS Excel file.

The biggest benefit so far is the ability to adapt certain aspects of the invoices in Tradeshift; for example the costcenter or purchase order number of the client. This helps us to decrease the DSO of our clients that we invoice via Tradehift and reduces our administrative workload.

Tradeshift review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Easy to Track"

What do you like best?

We receive invoices through Tradeshift that get partially paid throughout a 2 month period. Tradeshift makes it easy to update partial payments and then mark the invoice as paid when the final payment has been made. This helps me to communicate all the details and maintain the records for future use. Great system.

What do you dislike?

I can't sort by the features that I would like to sort by.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great when you are receiving invoices from several contractors because it creates a uniform invoice.

This solves communication issues around pay and makes it very simple to see what has been paid and what is outstanding. It has allowed us to recoop money that would have been lost through unpaid invoices.

Tradeshift review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"Tradeshift provides simplified billing for less automated users"

What do you like best?

The program allows for use of templates, which does help to keep the billing process simple.

What do you dislike?

Status updates are cumbersome to access, or, not existing at all, although the description may make it appear as if this would provide advantages. Program is only useful if the business partner is using the same system, which limits any potential application. Compared to other "Invoicing" programs this one appears to be much more structured and limited to specific use, and makes no sense if you are using a computerized accounting system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your billing is currently done manually, this is certainly a step up

Merely a program to accommodate a business partner for their benefit, zero benefit or advantage for me

Tradeshift review by James T.
James T.

"Quality Product"

What do you like best?

The Tradeshift Application is by far the best I have used thus far. I realy love its GUI, easy to use and navigate through. Its search feature is very useful, as well as its ability to create invoices from past quotes. One has to mention its ability to link to other modules such as the re-occurring invoices.

What do you dislike?

I wish the application had the ability to handle partial payment received on an invoice. With this I can notify my clients that partial payment is received but still awaiting full payment. Also there is no functionality for canceling invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will LOVE IT

It helps me manage my Quotations and Invoicing easily. Providing my customers with notices etc.

Tradeshift review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

Having experienced problems previously trying to track where our invoices are in the authorisation cycle, Tradeshift sends regular email updates with progress - no more frustrating calls to overseas call centres! As a small provider to larger statutory organisations, control of cash flow is vital and knowing when payment may be expected is essential - Tradeshift enables this.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall is that it doesn't integrate with our on-line accounting platform (Xero), so an invoice created in Tradeshift needs to be replicated in Xero, for accounting purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform - easy to use and provides easy tracking.

Trade shift makes the generation, submission and tracking of invoices and payments simple and hassle free - we love it!

Tradeshift review by Daphne Maia L.
Daphne Maia L.

"Easy-to-use platform for small business owners"

What do you like best?

We are a small business, at Furry Photos, and we use Tradeshift every time we need to send an invoice to a client for an upcoming photoshoot. We love how we are able to attach files before sending, so we can easily attach the photographer's shoot agreement.

What do you dislike?

The default email title of "Business Name asks that you accept invoice #NNNNN". It forces the into a call-to-action, and we get feedback about that. They are likely one-time clients or once-a-year clients, and they don't like being forced into having to sign up for an account, to accept this invoice.

Tradeshift helps to reduce time in generating invoices, and keeps all our invoices in one place for easy reference.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"An under developed platform"

What do you like best?

When compared to other such B2B platforms, I find Tradeshift to be significantly behind in capability.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift lacks capability in providing automation in submission of invoices as well as organization of PO documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this platofrm due to contractual obligation. As is, I find the invoice submission and PO flip process to be woefully buredsome, under-developed, and unsuitable for large scale invoice submission and PO acceptance activities. Other sduch plarforms provide much more capability for high volume businesses.

There has been no benefit to our utiulizing this platform to manage our contract services provided to CBRE.

Tradeshift review by Seshu B.
Seshu B.

"Fast & Easy Invoices and Proposals"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive and free (for now). The interface is clean and easy on the eyes. I like the left-handed nav bar because it is always there on that side.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my proposals and invoices end up in my client's spam folders. Not sure if this is an issue with Tradeshift as much as my client's ISP's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with it for a few weeks. Send yourself some invoices and proposals after you customize the look and feel of the documents. If you like it, continue using it.

I can quickly address my client's buying workflows and send them the paperwork they need to convince their business office to release the funds. So, it's a win-win for me.

Tradeshift review by Siva G.
Siva G.

"Great invoicing product available in the market"

What do you like best?

The amount of information and well built user interface make it easy to use the product. It also has local currency which is very helpful to generate invoice in my currency.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a mobile app for notifying customer payment successful information. No need to have all the features in the app, just the notification may be suffice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Easy and simple to use invoicing tool for you as a freelancer and your business. Give it a try and you will love the product.

As a freelancer, it is very helpful to generate and manage bills/invoices and send it to customers. I get notification once they make the payment.

Tradeshift review by Henrik A.
Henrik A.

"This Is How Invoicing Should Be Done"

What do you like best?

Are first started using Tradeshift when it was released. I was tired of the existing clunky type platform offered small business, so I was on the look out for an alternative. Came across Tradeshift in an article about startups and decided to give it go.

Love it from its first early format to what it has evolved into today. The simplicity, the intuitive user interface just makes it a pleasure to work with. Would recommend to anyone from a one-man-show to a larger corporation.

What do you dislike?

I am not a heavy user of all the different functionalities Tradeshift has to offer, so I do not have any actual dislikes at this time, but won't hold back if I do run into any issues, that do not make my life easier.

One dislike is - don't get to invoice enough :D

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to loose. When I recommend to other more established and older companies, they are more apprehensive versus the next generation businesses who are not afraid of change. Try it you have nothing to lose..

Currently only using the invoicing functionalities and the most obvious benefit for me is the speed I can crank out an invoice with.

Tradeshift review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Supplier to a customer using Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Integration of PDF invoices is very useful when it pulls through the correct details, this is particularly useful when dealing with customers that have accounts facility's that are overseas. It also removes the need for sending copy invoices which otherwise is a pretty standard opening salvo when chasing payment.

Also the ability to track invoices is convenient, mainly around customers that are sometimes difficult when it comes to as it removes any queries around invoices not being signed off, it also means that there is a decreased need for credit control to become involved, only when issues arise.

What do you dislike?

Conversely, the ad-don for PDF invoices isn't always particularly useful as it picks up on the wrong information from the invoices and fills the fields with this incorrect information

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift helps when dealing with more difficult customers and also helps with sending invoices as once they are uploaded they integrate into the system,

The main benefit that we have seen through using Tradeshift is that the particular customer that has started using this system was previously one of our more difficult customer, since they have moved over to this system we have seen a vast increase in the manageability of this customer.

Tradeshift review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Smooth & efficient e-invoceing platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload document and check them before they get sent to the customer. This helps us reduce errors and greatly speeds up the time it take for invoices to be paid. The Tradeshift platform is easy to use, the split screen view when validating invoices is really appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift supports a wide variety of document formats which is fantastic. However when it come to uploading documents at the moment their is no app which will allow you to upload invoices in batches, each invoices has to be uploaded separately, Whilst there are other methods of submitting documents it is not cost effective for us to develop our system to use the Integration method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform to use, it is definitely worth trying out.

We are trying to become a more environmentally friendly company and we realise that one way we can do this is by cutting down on the amount of printed material we send out. In order to achive this we offer to email invoices to our customer and most of our customers are happy to do so. We are also trying to resolve the old age problem of invoices going missing in the post using Tradeshift we have managed to solve this problem. The benefits we have realised by using Tradeshift include: peace of mind, we know our customers have received their invoices, as a result we are paid faster

Tradeshift review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Nice choice for independent and freelance contractors"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty simple process to set up and use invoicing. I looked at quite a few different alternatives when I wanted some simple invoicing ability - there were very few free or low-cost options available. I choose Tradeshift because it would allow me to use it infrequently with minimal time and cost....everything else was too much work (or money) for the number of times I would need invoicing. Tradeshift was simple, professional looking, and adaptable to my needs.

What do you dislike?

I understand why it is done this way (they need to support their product by adopting new users), but I dislike that the option to save a PDF and send my own email to clients was removed several years ago. I always feel like I need to forewarn and explain my invoicing system to clients prior. Otherwise, they get confused by the automated email they receive from Tradeshift on my behalf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much of a down-side to giving the product a try, so go ahead and test it out!

Simple invoicing without large fees involved.

Professional, well-designed invoices.

Tradeshift review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"It is nice this product send you an email when there is somethign to be viewed. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this product. It is very easy to navigate. I like that this product lets you know when anyone has made any changes to a PO so that you may go and view the changes. It is nice that you can also view past PO's when or if needed. All the information needed is very easy to view.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little irritating when an unimportant change has been made to a PO, and the only way to know is to take the time to log in and take a look just to find that nothing important has been changed.

It is a smooth process. Tradeshift lets you know the status of PO. It is easy to either accept or deny a PO document.

Tradeshift review by Craig N.
Craig N.

"Tradeshift is fab!"

What do you like best?

It was very simple and straightforward to register and link with existing clients. What I love is, where previously I had to chase customers to pay invoices, now I know that once the invoice is submitted through Tradeshift it will be paid within 30 days. And if there is a problem, I will know about it rather than relying on the client to get back to me. It's also much easier to use and more intuitive than other online invoicing systems.

What do you dislike?

Some clients who are registered with Tradeshift can be a bit slow to accept a connection (and some never do), but that may simply be that individual customers are slow to take up using Tradeshift. It's also runs a bit slow, but that's probably specifically server issues.

Tradeshift has cut down on the number of overdue invoices, meaning less work for me and improved cashflow for the company.

Tradeshift review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Pretty straight forward, not hard to pickup."

What do you like best?

Invoicing, PO's, etc are all internal and do not require tons of extra steps.

What do you dislike?

Everything is internal. In some cases the internal protocol does not fit into my own as a vendor and results in extra steps needing to be taken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put the time in to fully learn the software and it will pay off. I think I would have less issues with the platform if our software was able to integrate better.

When I was working with a smaller business, the platform worked great because I had to do less things by hand. Once I transitioned to a larger corporation with more SOPs on things, it made it more difficult.

Tradeshift review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Streamlined Invoicing"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating invoices. The autofill for contact and the option for using the next invoice number or creating a new number are excellent features.

What do you dislike?

As my invoices are service based, II would like a "date" field to signify what date the services were provided.

Faster invoicing and faster payment.

Tradeshift review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Excellent for Invoicing"

What do you like best?

Its super easy to use for a first timer and its free. It saves previous invoices which is nice if you need to look back and see what you charged previously. I like that you can get the invoice as a pdf.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize the invoice a little more. The template it provides is fine, especially since its free, but more customization would be cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this one first if you are looking for a good invoicing system. Its free and works great. Its easy to use and definitely worth a try.

Billing customers for the first time can be stressful, especially if you've never sent an invoice before. But this invoice was simple to fill out and send to the client. Looks professional and saves me time so I can focus on other aspects of my business.

Tradeshift review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Overall capable platform for managing order invoicing"

What do you like best?

The UI is clean and modern. Performance is reliable from the extent of my use so far. The organization of customer communication into chats is beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Invoicing is a little clunky which is worrisome since it's a main focus for the software. I find it doesn't reconcile the orders correctly to the invoice.

None really. The concept of the platform is nice but it's like a social media site with few users - if the vast majority are not using it's a hindrance and not a help. I like the chat feature of being able to directly communicate with clients. Overall I think the idea has potential but I think it's more of a bolt-on to another service in terms of it's usefulness than a good standalone product. Build it out with more features and it will be killer.

Tradeshift review by Kimberly C.
Kimberly C.

"Clean, simple, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating the invoices themselves.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process I must go through to resend an invoice or receipt to a different email than the original was sent to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We already have a system in place for our AR/AP needs, however one of our clients insisted that they could only pay us through TradeShift. While I think it's moving in the right direction - especially for larger companies that have more than one person handling accounts, our business of less than ten didn't feel the need to switch at this time.

Tracking who has paid, who hasn't paid and when are problems I've been solving for my business. The benefits of TradeShift that I've seen is the email notification that the client has started the payment process. That removes the need for me to "bug" them.

Tradeshift review by Nancy D.
Nancy D.

"Reduced AR Turnover"

What do you like best?

Having an online portal to submit invoices is always preferred vs. snail mail or even email. Tradeshift makes it easy to reference a purchase order, enter the invoice details, then submit. I don't even have to upload backup. It's all handled via our purchase orders.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to filter my documents better. This may be a learning curve issue for me. I'm sure it can be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend any training webinars offered. Unless you understand how a database works, it may be hard to navigate. This is where the support staff can help.

AR turnover is greatly reduced.

Tradeshift review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Solid product, a few tweaks needed"

What do you like best?

The "use as draft" feature of the invoicing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that my past invoices are no longer on the main page when I sign in. I also would really like to just know more about what Tradeshift can do. I use it only for invoicing with one particular company. I get the sense that I could do a lot more with it, but the interface doesn't make suggestions to me about other ways to use the site.

None, really. I use Tradeshift for invoicing only. The interface doesn't do a great job of telling me how else I could use it.

Tradeshift review by Ionela C.
Ionela C.

"Sleek invoicing app"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, modern, plenty of options to choose from.

What do you dislike?

A little bit harsh learning curve for a brand new user, but definitely a nice way of keeping documents record after getting used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a tour of the product, do some testing, explore all the buttons and then have a go for it.

Maintaining invoice copies for accounting and accounts payable for one of our big customers - DSM Netherlands.

It is a good bridge for making sure we have the right invoices loaded and the payment is done upon validation in a timely manner.

Tradeshift review by Stephan F.
Stephan F.

"A fast way to create invoices"

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to create the invoices. Also the clear interface (without these "creative" styles from other services) of them look nice. And the best is that creating them is fast and uncomplicated. I don't want to spend much time in doing stuff like bookkeeping.

What do you dislike?

The web interface sometimes is a bit slow while loading so I have to wait sometimes before I can continue working. I like offline Apps with online syncronization more.

I was looking for a quick and easy way to create and manage my invoices and I found it in Tradeshift.

Tradeshift review by Rylee O.
Rylee O.

"Fast & Easy!"

What do you like best?

As a non-profit organization it often takes more time than we like to get the funds gifted through sponsorship and ticket purchases from donor companies. With Tradeshift it is incredibly easy to provide an invoice and have them paid on time.

What do you dislike?

Like most software it can be hard to navigate your first run, but their team is incredibly responsive and we were up and running in no time.

Rather than having to contact multiple people to get an invoice paid we can send it through Tradeshift and have it completed almost automatically. Less headache for us!

Tradeshift review by Margarita B.
Margarita B.

"Amazing! Just amazing."

What do you like best?

I actually currently recommend it to all my clients that have no invoicing system. I love it. I love the fact that it's free, versatile and easy to use. Convenient and I can reference my invoices with ease from when I first got the account.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. I dislike the fact that you want 40 characters minimum when there's nothing I hate about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. it's free, friendly and amazing.

I can give quotes directly from the system and I can invoice with complete and utter ease. I love it.

Tradeshift review by Paul J.
Paul J.

"Excellant service and so easy to use"

What do you like best?

Invoicing is easy and straight forward, you get an email confirmation when the invoice has been delivered and paid

What do you dislike?

Invoice numbers should allow spaces, I am required to enter one invoice a month for the number of weeks so this should be able to match my records and have invoice number to invoice number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use and hassle free

Payment and invoicing has always been difficult to keep on top off. This service allows a quick and easy method to create an invoice and send it to the recipient with ease

Tradeshift review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"For trading with the NHS, this makes life so much easier"

What do you like best?

We find that being able to load, track and monitor our own documents through the lifecycle is a great boon. It has removed all of the pain we used to have in chasing Accounts Payable departments in the NHS.

What do you dislike?

We'd find it really helpful if we could manage our supplier account details fully - such as bank account changes.

You used to send an invoice into the NHS and it almost felt as though you'd lost it in a black-hole. Now there is more transparency and we're in control of the document.

"Tradeshift review"

What do you like best?

Our company switched to Tradeshift from an old system and it was like night and day. The old system was clunky and not intuitive at all. Tradeshift streamlined a number of the processes that used to take forever into a few simple steps.

What do you dislike?

The company I work for is very large so they receive thousands of invoices a day. I wish there was a way to see the invoices I have approved or worked with with out searching through tons of invoices that have nothing to do with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find time to explore Tradeshift's features.

This program has saved me so much time over the last year. I can now pay vendors quickly and easily between meetings where before I had to carve out time to pay invoices.

Tradeshift review by Ben E.
Ben E.

"Highly recommend"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to track my spending with it and the invoices. It makes it a lot easier. To make sure who I'm paying and to what or what good or service.

What do you dislike?

every once in awhile it might have glitches. Happens. It's technology. It works ok most of the time. The other half of the time it might have stuff here and there. It does the job it's supposed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot and see what it can do for you.

It's created a solution for invoicing clients and makes the paperwork a lot less. I don't have loose papers laying around. I'm able to keep tabs on invoices I do have. It saves me time at end of the year.

Tradeshift review by Rose R.
Rose R.

"Tradeshift Invoicing"

What do you like best?

I love Tradeshift for my invoices. It is a very simple to use program and it's entirely web based so I can access my info from anywhere and in comparison to QuickBooks, it just is simple. I never understood Quickbooks entirely. Trade shift allows me to make and invoice and get back to work.

What do you dislike?

It seems that when I send the invoice out of the program, my clients are hesitant to open the email. Looks too much like spam.

Invoicing only. Benefits are time saved.

Tradeshift review by David B.
David B.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

there is a real ease in uploadaing your invoices.

What do you dislike?

there are no confirmation emails sent as to when payments have been processed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's a valid tool that works well with our internal billing system. Our customers whom have signed up to accept billing via Tradeshift have been excellent in getting payments done within their billing terms.

the issue of ensuring your customers receive your invoice in a timely manner is gone as this ensures invoice is received with full understanding of the net terms of payments.

Tradeshift review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Simple, reliable control of our invoicing."

What do you like best?

It is simple to upload invoices and very easy to track the progress of each individual invoice to see the status, to establish which ones need chasing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the automatic scanning of invoices is not as accurate as it could be, but these are easily amended manually.

Tradeshift has reduced the amount of time it takes us to chase our outstanding invoices, it has brought the number of 'lost in post' invoices to zero and has reduced the amount of outstanding debt that we have.

Tradeshift review by Ravi Y.
Ravi Y.

"Very reliable and Easy to use."

What do you like best?

The fact that this is very convenient because of the online presence. I really like its simplicity and ease of setting it up.

Because of its simplicity, you do not need much training for the software before starting its use.

What do you dislike?

I like almost every part of the tradeshift but only thing which may be credited to low rating in the functionality or the user interface. It looks a bit cluttered in terms of the interface or the page where you view your past invoices.

Our's being a new startup it was really hectic making invoices in excel and keeping the records in the same. It has really helped in maintaining our records and creating a good invoicing structure within the company.

Tradeshift review by Hilary C.
Hilary C.

"Very user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform is its greatest aspect. Everything is straight forward and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Once you send an invoice, it doesn't look exactly like the preview mode. It appears like information is missing when it's really all there. Also, you can only charge 1 tax and have to consolidate the provincial and federal taxes into 1. It's not a huge deal and is supposed to be fixed soon.

It's a great tool to keep track of all your invoices in one place. I don't have to worry about saving all my invoices because, now, they are all in one location. I like having confirmation that the company that I am sending my invoices to has received them.

"Tradeshift Review"

What do you like best?

I do like that Tradeshift is simple, and very straight forward. We also don't need to have a separate password when using this system. Single sign-on is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that our internal pulling of purchase orders don't happen through Tradeshift. It should be one system that everyone uses. It is tough for us (the client) to understand how the vendor side works when we only use it for under 5k invoices.

I don't use it a ton because a lot of my ways are through a different system. It should all be under one umbrella.

I have realized our vendors that use the system properly like it because they can see when they can expect payment.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Tradeshift Experience"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user friendly, it allows us to produce invoices on behalf of our clients in a fast and efficient way. The help desk are extremely helpful and respond quickly to any issues.

What do you dislike?

Being unable to go back to a submitted invoice in order to change an uploaded document that has been sent with it. There has been a couple of times where we have uploaded the wrong time sheet and we haven't been able to go back and change or delete the one we had sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Brilliant!

Time and efficiency when producing invoices on behalf of our clients. Also being able to tell where each individual invoice is up to in the system is very helpful

Tradeshift review by Sookdeo A.
Sookdeo A.

"Awesome platform for Small Business"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can access my invoices and do quotation from anywhere. Its also great to have linked businesses see your invoices that are due.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there are no reporting services eg. monthly invoices and statements for clients.

I have helped other smaller businesses on to this system and they are really impressed with it. Tradeshift is a form of social media for businesses where business can connect and also see legitimacy of the business.

Tradeshift review by Traci P.
Traci P.

"Tradeshift surpassed my expectations!"

What do you like best?

Let's face it, learning new applications can be frustrating and time consuming. This program was easy from the get-go! There is a great team in place to walk you through step-by-step. The overview and training provided was well worth the time. I have been using this portal for several months now and have never had any issues.

What do you dislike?

Adding in sales tax percentages is the only down-side. I wish a zip code could be entered that would automatically generate the sales tax.

We use this program to invoice a multi-billion dollar customer of ours. It ensures that they receive what they need and that we get paid in a timely fashion. It has been like clock-work!

Tradeshift review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Tradeshift is a fast, easy-to-use, intelligent software."

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use interface. It is friendly, inviting, and self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

A feature I wish The software had was a better way off categorizing data and reporting available to vendors on call and asset data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the training. It is interactive, fun, and informative!

The system is amazing for accounting and financial planning. Uploading data and invoices are a breeze. The training provided is especially helpful.

Tradeshift review by Wylene W.
Wylene W.

"Invoicing"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to see all invoices that have been sent, accepted and paid.

What do you dislike?

You cannot back date invoices. Say if the parts were ship direct to customer and you do not get the information for several days that it shipped direct from your vendor, you cannot date the invoice on the day it shipped you have to date it for the day you received the invoice in the mail.

The business problems I solved using Tradeshift is a digital way for creating professional invoices that could be sent via email, and also could be paid EFT to bank account. That alone has made tracking and handling payments so much easier.

Tradeshift review by Varat R.
Varat R.

"A good start for paper substitute"

What do you like best?

It helps a lot when you want to track back your previous invoices and sales during the year. And also, the best thing is it's free.

What do you dislike?

I believe I have experienced a couple of short down times but I don't think it mattered that much at the time.

We are trying to computerized the system and this platform is such a good substitute. Everything is much easier in terms of history tracking and current sales management.

Tradeshift review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Simple enough for a freelancer"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and the ability to integrate my Google contacts into Tradeshift.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had offline capability, like some Chrome OS apps. It would make it more convenient to finish up my paperwork, regardless of network connectivity.

I have two part-time businesses, along with a full-time day job. I needed something that was affordable, simple, and "green". I try to be as paperless as possible. Tradeshift fulfills all of those requirements.

Tradeshift review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Easy to use once you figure out the icons"

What do you like best?

Most of the invoice boxes are easy to tab through and fill in. Tradeshift memorizes the contact emails and several other fill in items such as invoice descriptions, making it easy to create new invoices. Previous invoices and payments are easy to look up, for the most part it is a very good product.

What do you dislike?

There is a feature that is supposed to create an invoice from a PDF, and this feature does not work. The side icons that access different functions don't make sense, i.e. the documents icon looks like a pie with a slice getting taken out. You have to memorize which icon has what you are looking for. Also TS never lets you use an invoice number more than once, even if you are re-submitting the same invoice due to error.

We use Tradeshift to invoice one of our biggest customers and for the most part it is fast, easy to use and reliable. I think the customer's employees have gone through a learning curve at the same time we have; sometimes we have to inquire as to where payments are in process.

Tradeshift review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Firstly, this app is very simple for a newcomer, every one if you want to sale goods can easily master it. Secondly, the app is designed deliberatively for user. Some function can make user feel very comfortable to use. For example, the company log and the homepage function can make user to establish his own brand. Thirdly, the app use email system to deliver the order , the bill or the invoice, this business model is similar to our traditional way. So the customer or supplier would not be surprised when they received new business information.

What do you dislike?

I think some function should be improved. The app doesn't provide inventory list, though it provide inventory searching function. But I don't think it's easy way to use for a user owned a lot of kinds inventories. To provide importing inventory list function would be a better way to deal with this kind of situation. The same, if the app can provide importing customer and supplier list function or can transform data from the email system, that will be fine. Except that, I think the app's functions are enough.

I think this app can help me to connect the customer easily. especially for those abroad. And the transaction can easily be tracked.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"My overall experience has been good."

What do you like best?

I like when I accept a purchase order, that I can create the invoice from the same screen. I also like the fact that I can see when my invoice is accepted and when payments are going out. I like receiving an email when a document status has changed.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I don't like about this system. I don't like when I am issued a purchase order number from the customer but the system does not show it waiting to be approved. This does not happen often but right now i am waiting on two invoices that are not in process because the purchase order numbers have not been generated in the Tradeshift system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company is not currently using Tradeshift. I am complying with our customers requirements. They use the Tradeshift system.

The benefit of following an invoice as the status changes. I always know what is going on with that document as long as a purchase order number is generated.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Motion Pictures and Film
Administrator in Motion Pictures and Film

"Tradeshift Review"

What do you like best?

being that i have only used trade shift for invoicing to one particular company, i don't use it much. for what i have used it for....i like that you have certain requirements or it cant be sent; that is great on the receiving end so you don't need to track down information.

What do you dislike?

It is so complicated to just send an invoice. when trying to send an invoice, i will get it bounced back several times without clear instruction as to why or what to fix. i think it needs to be more user friendly. i need to email and save something to get it from quick books to trade shift,

Recommendations to others considering the product

my company does not use tradeshirt; i use tradeshift because one of our clients requires that we send them invoices that way. i do not like that we are forced to use their payment system for our services....

i only use trade shift to send one company their invoices; they use trade shift so that is the only way they will accept invoices from us...i would not use tradeshift if they accepted our invoices via email.

Tradeshift review by User in Design
User in Design

"Tradeshift Review"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Tradeshift is that my client uses it so I use it to get paid.

What do you dislike?

I HATE the interface. Hate is a strong word but I truly hate the interface. It is trying so hard to be clever that it forgot that it needs to be simply functional first. When I use Tradeshift I just want to go in, get my invoices taken care of and get back to what makes me money. Not go in, find what stupid icon means what, dig around and find what I need to click to get to my invoices and documents. I really just want clear, concise navigation. Nothing clever. Save that for artsy sites where I don't have WORK to do. Seriously. HATE the interface.

One of my biggest clients was a pay by mail client. They are a fortune 100 company. They switched to Tradeshift and now payments are electronic. I love that Tradeshift allows my client to be billed, and pay me electronically.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Extremely efficient!"

What do you like best?

No doubt the best I've seen when billing my national clients with AP separate from delivery locations. I use this exclusively when requested by customers and have made the process seamless. Digital format is easy to use and easier for the customer to read so that processing is efficient and I get paid without hassle.

What do you dislike?

As a vendor using this system for my national clients I have had nothing but success with the Tradeshift product.

Before Tradeshift a few of my customer's found it difficult to read the third copy of a triplicate invoice. Their scanner would reject them and it would take an extended period of time to realize the problem and get it fixed delaying payment beyond any reasonable terms. Tradeshift eliminated the paper and to date I have not had one invoice rejected. The benefit, of course, is getting paid on time or early in many instances.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Pros/Cons of Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

The process of allocating charges to other delegates is very easy. It makes it possible to complete POs and other charges in a quick manner. Tradeshift is also easily trainable, allowing many employees to be able to utilize this took which is helpful in such a large company, such as NIKE.

What do you dislike?

At times Tradeshift can be very slow, not allowing you to see the to-do tasks you have in your account, or showing a "spinning wheel" and reloading the page several times. In addition, it can be difficult to find the correct GL number at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Tradeshift as it is a easy to use product and service. Additionally when problems do arise, the help and support from Tradeshift is always available and processes through problems quickly and efficiently.

I use tradeshift in order to pay out vendors, which makes it possible to do seamlessly with very little work.

Tradeshift review by Sunsoka P.
Sunsoka P.

"Free and easy to use !"

What do you like best?

Easy to download and set up. I use the system exclusively for all my invoicing etc.

Once template information is done it is easy to reuse the same information for regular clients.

Highly reccomended

What do you dislike?

Regular updates are very slow.

comments on the screen do not appear the same on the finished invoice

No line return it is a continuous line of script.

units and quantities are inflexible It would be better if you could input you own unit

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it I am sure it will work for you

It is quick to use and all is available and stored for future use.

No need to print unless essential saving paper and ink.

Tradeshift review by Melissa Z.
Melissa Z.

"Love how easy it is to use! "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and I get our customers PO right away.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to find out when an invoice is going to be paid. The last few orders I have had to contact the buyer and it takes awhile to get an answer.

It's a great way to receive orders from our customers. This way it insures that we get the order right a way with no complications.

Tradeshift review by Charlie B.
Charlie B.

"Easy to use invoicing portal"

What do you like best?

Uploading is quick and easy. Data is then presented well

What do you dislike?

despite invoices bing identical in layout, the scanning software picks up references in the wrong place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is provided Free of Charge to Suppliers to the NHS, As such I can't comment on it's value for Money to the organisation using it.

The NHS are receiving our invoices straight away, reducing workload on sending copy invoices by post, and improving payment days.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"Awesome and simple solution for invoicing and basic financial management"

What do you like best?

*Simplicity

*Tradeshift works in many countries where I do business

*Tradeshift Apps

*Nice Customer support

What do you dislike?

*would be nice to see total incomes amount for specific period of time (3 month, 6 month, 1 year)

*when you are adding new connections in other EU countries, would be nice to have all setup forms adjusted to local rules and local naming (CVR or TAX nr. or Registrations nr.)

*some Apps could be more stabile - for example EasyTrade (for sending invoices via EAN number)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! Especially if you are only starting your business!

Ease of access - that's a definitely benefit.

Again - possibility to send invoices to another countries.

Tradeshift review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Tradeshit Review"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to use since the very first day. I like how I can easily go back and check information on previous invoices I submitted.

What do you dislike?

It has been kind of hard on being able to change the primary user to be a team member, and then add them as a team member once the primary is set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the company does not have an in-house system, this is a good option.

Our client has required us to use the system (Tradeshift) . Although e-mail may seem easier to use in the short term, using this system I can track the status on the processing of our invoices.

Tradeshift review by Jay V.
Jay V.

"Excellent resource for invoicing and communication with clients"

What do you like best?

- Web-based platform makes it easy to manage activities from anywhere.

- Integrated communication tools enable timely communication with clients and invoice status updates.

- Ability to add multiple administrative users is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it seems to take longer than usual for the web interface to connect, but otherwise no complaints.

- The need for a reliable, easily accessible invoicing solution

- Decreased A/R turnaround time

- Team administrative access

"Interesting concept"

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface and the options of products and sites to review. It's very easy to find what I am looking for to put my two cents in about the commerce and activity I go through on a day to day basis.

What do you dislike?

I am not fond of how I have to dig around for the products I want to review. Some companies have different pieces of their offerings that I like and others I don't use or don't apply to my industry, experience or knowledge. Being able to talk about what I use and review in detail is important to me.

Trying to track what business challenges doesn't always correlate with our business needs. Some software uses and cases for a company this large are wide ranging and would need some more options to specify what vectors we want to examine and track.

Tradeshift review by Carol D.
Carol D.

"Not impressed!"

What do you like best?

As a service provider rather than a trade provider I haven't found anything to like!

What do you dislike?

We provide professional services rather than 'trade' so we are only raising a handful of invocies which have to be manually entered which is time consuming for us.

Our terms are 30 days but because of the inflexibilty of the system we wait over twice as long for payment.

It is difficult and time consuming to deal with a query.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your suppliers!

Using this system has been of no benefit to us. It uses our resources to enter a suppliers invoices and they take over twice as long to pay

Tradeshift review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Working with Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

I really like that I am able to put in an invoice number and it pulls it up the information on the invoice letting me know if the invoice has been accepted or rejected or paid. I also like that it gives me the date of the payment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it was a bit confusing when I began with this program. When it said Accepted I though it meant that the invoice was accepted into the system and that was not the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great system and it will definitely make getting payment information on invoices easier. Ask questions as it will make the whole process way easier. It really is a good system.

we are solving the issue of having invoices become past due because you are able to input the information for the invoice ahead of time.

Tradeshift review by Stephani H.
Stephani H.

"So glad I found Tradeshift!"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift does all the work! They have already formatted professional invoices...they download all your information...do the math...and email it to your client!

What do you dislike?

I have liked all aspects of the features I have used on Tradeshift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is very easy to use. No more keeping track of your invoices. Let them do it for you!

I use Tradeshift for invoicing. I'm an independent contractor and Tradeshift

Tradeshift review by Lenard S.
Lenard S.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Its easy to contact customers and send invoices.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to make invoices for subsidiaries. We have 12 establishements and one central department for invoice handling. We had to make different account but it was not possible on one email-addres.

We now send our invoices with tradeshift to a part of our customers, in future we will digitalize our total invoice handling by using tradeshift for all establishements.

Tradeshift review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good Design, but could use some fine-tuning. "

What do you like best?

The overall design is clean - it is easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

This is best suited for invoicing physical items in specific quantities. Our company provides a service billed at intervals, and the system doesn't really have a good way to indicate that. It is also cumbersome for billing items that were not a predetermined cost - for example, flights or travel expenses, where it is a one-time charge that may not add up to the total amount stated in the PO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a good system if you deal in specific quantities of items to be billed at predetermined prices - not good for billing varying services or amounts.

Our customer uses this application; I think it probably works for the majority of the billing they handle, but it is overly complicated for our business model.

Tradeshift review by User in Computer Software

"Tradeshift review"

What do you like best?

Efficient and convenient, having everything in one place. Easy to use, professional, and precise. VERY helpful to be able to check the status and detail myself, versus having to ask someone. I'm very visual, and I found the system worked extremely well for me.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything that I disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Tradeshift because it is the system that one of our customers uses. I thought it was wonderful. It's a great idea to have all vendors using the same system. The support staff is excellent, friendly, and super helpful. I think it's an excellent system.

I was able to convert a PO into an invoice, which hadn't been done, and then request help with expediting payments, which was critical, and this was tremendously helpful. Without having the PO covered to an invoice, nothing could be done on processing the payment.

Tradeshift review by Stefan D.
Stefan D.

"Slick, Smart invoicing."

What do you like best?

The ability to use draft invoices, makes it extremely easy to replicate invoices to send to other clients.

Really easy to get around too, excellent user interface.

What do you dislike?

Cannot add a partial payment or add a percentage when invoice late.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, give it a shot. Already recommended to other business associates.

Invoicing looks professional so clients more likely to see my company as a professional one.

Tradeshift review by Aaron O.
Aaron O.

"Streamlining Invoicing"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of submitting a invoice.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup was a bit difficult and we had some issues with PO's but after this was sorted out everything was smooth sailing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, for businesses who do a lot of invoicing the invoicing process can be automated.

We are able to submit our Nike invoices and able to collect payment on time.

Tradeshift review by Harner P.
Harner P.

"Tradeshift Review"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service was Awesome, The way you Invoiced was pretty Easy to Understand and do. The Turn around time on payment was very fast as well.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the amount of work that was needed per site.Preventive information was told to onsite contacts and it was as if it was ignored

Problems we are solving are usually Plumbing.