Tradeshift

3.8

Tradeshift is a supplier collaboration platform. We focus on connecting businesses of all sizes, and helping them work better together.

Work for Tradeshift?

Learning about Tradeshift?

Tradeshift Reviews

Ask Tradeshift a Question
Tradeshift review by Robert S.
Robert S.

"Giving My Personal Business A Professional Look"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Tradeshift is that it simplifies the process for creating custom invoices for your clients, and from the customer's view, the invoice they receive is very simple to understand, however, very professional. I also like the copy invoice feature which allows me to easily and quickly create a new invoice for the same or different client for a different but similar project. I now use Tradeshift for all my personal jobs.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I might have which may not be a dislike for others as it's a personal preference topic, but I wish the front user-interface would show more information about my invoices that are in still in the draft phase, as well as my recent invoices I made. I also would like to see an easier way of tracking down previously used item numbers descriptions. Usually, I conduct the same type of work for clients, and I try to use the same item numbers for the work, but without going back to my previous draft to look up the item number, it's a bit difficult to remember what item numbers I used for what type of work. A drop down of some sort that list the recently used item numbers along which a short description I made for that particular item number would be handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Tradeshift to others because of it's ease of use and reliability.

The business problems I solved using Tradeshift is a digital way for creating professional invoices that could be sent via email, and also could be paid online using PayPal. That alone has made tracking and handling payments so much easier.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tradeshift
Showing 201 Tradeshift reviews
Tradeshift review by Debbie D.
Debbie D.

"Easy way to track the status of purchase orders"

What do you like best?

Our company has a customer that uses Tradeshift. I submit our invoices through the Tradeshift site. All the vital information is already in the system - I don't have to re-enter it. With a few clicks, our invoice is submitted; and it's easy to track the status.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Maybe the fact that if there is a correction needed on the purchase order (like pricing), there has to be a VOID done to the first entry, and another entry done. Might be nice to just change/alter the original entry without needing a VOID.

Submitting our invoices is super fast and accurate and we receive fast email responses to submitting our invoices, to payments made, etc.. This is a benefit because it lets me know our invoice has been received and very little (if any) follow-up is needed. Saves me time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tradeshift
Tradeshift review by Gareth W.
Gareth W.

"Would recommend great tool"

What do you like best?

Easy and simple to use, it stores all my invoices and I can recall any anytime I wish.

What do you dislike?

At times the website does take its time loading, and invoices kept open in a tab then going back to save sometimes bug out and a new invoice pops up. Not really a big deal for an invoice created on the spot but for someone like myself I use a 'time used' invoice so I sometimes keep a tab open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its free and nothing to lose by a bit of your time. invoices can be downloaded by PDF if needed.

I can access my invoices from anywhere with an internet connection

What Purchasing solution do you use?

Tradeshift review by Raymond L.
Raymond L.

"your worst nightmare"

What do you like best?

No reccomendations. Well I need to write more. All I can say is this system is the most worthless piece of software I have ever worked with. Inflexible. Does not function. I only use it cause I was forced to by my vendor.

What do you dislike?

Does not work like it is supposed to. Only works for the first time a specific PO is issued. After that, good luck. Have wasted time at the computer re applying etc. to get PO's approved. The supposed help is worthless. I had one PO several months ago that took over a week to get approved and ran thru.

NOT HAPPY

None, I only use Tradeshift cause I was forced to by vendor

Tradeshift review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"It does what it does very well."

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is pretty straightforward to use and understand. Getting set up was very easy, and we were able to keep most of our invoicing processes basically the same. The visibility of what is going on in the purchasing system of our customer is great. For adding a step to every order, and every piece of correspondence on such documents between a vendor and a customer, Tradeshift doesn't get in the way too much of just doing business. It is pretty easy to get help on issues, and get those issues resolved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift adds to the order procurement process. There is no way around that. We have been emailing pdf copies of the invoices to a Tradeshift email, and we have to validate nearly every one that we send. It's still easier in many ways than manually working those order flips, but it adds to the time involved. Also, the system is only as good as the people on both ends working it. The customer has to be diligent about plugging their stuff in, and the vendor has to be just as diligent as well for the whole thing to work.

We know the status of orders, and where they are at in our customer's process. We have real time traceability of their orders and can respond quickly instead of waiting for a "Go Ahead" from our customer. We have also become more visible to the many locations our customer has. This helps us increase business with this customer by offering many items that we already have stock of.

Tradeshift review by Leslie B.
Leslie B.

"Highly Recommended; Easy to Use and Track Client Invoices"

What do you like best?

TradeShift is easy to use, and only takes a few minutes to set up for first time implementation. There is no long-term commitment, and all the relevant data is stored. There's no complicated formatting involved, and the templates are customizable by trade as well as other details such as taxable items, and tax rates. It takes the thinking out of the process, which is very useful for individuals who are experiences in their specific trade, but not so great at their own accounting tasks. I also like that the layout is customizable, so that vendors can see our brand recognition when they submit invoices. This is really great for small businesses that don't have a surplus of budget allocated for marketing.

What do you dislike?

The site could benefit from video tutorials for first time users and success stories from others who have used this in their business. I found the site by doing a search. However, because word of mouth referrals are so important, a video testimonial could take the place of this; a video walk through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift is quick to implement for the beginner, and very helfpful when working with Independent contractors that need to provide us with an invoice.

I have recommended Tradeshift to many independent contractors who are good at what they do, but don't have strengths in keeping track of their own administration. It solves a problem for both them as the vendor, and our company as the client. We receive invoices that are properly formatted, and our accounting department is happy which equals quick payment to the vendors, and they are happy!

Tradeshift review by Sue B.
Sue B.

"Tradeshift - the good and the bad of it."

What do you like best?

Client cannot say that they did not receive an invoice. It is my responsibility to enter the invoice and not theirs. I make sure that it is there for processing.

What do you dislike?

When an invoice is rejected, there isn't always an explanation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A biggest issue with Tradeshift is getting an answer when payments are not forthcoming. Not sure if it is Tradeshift or the client. Also, invoices not processed on a timely basis. An invoice entered the beginning of September was rejected end of November!! Very frustrating. Lack of "live person" interaction. Wish that client locations and tax codes associated with locations would stay in memory and be drop down options instead of having to type everything in every time you enter an invoice. It would be nice if you could create an invoice from an existing purchase order.

Corporate processing center not receiving invoices from individual locations. We enter invoices so tracking, all item lines etc. are being included on invoice.

Tradeshift review by Dylan R.
Dylan R.

"Highly Recommended. Easy to Use. Perfect for Simple Businesses"

What do you like best?

Probably the hardest question, there is so much to like. First of all, its free - which is both surprising and fantastic in that there are no commitments when you start using it. Secondly, TradeShift works out of the box. The few setup tasks are very simple and ongoing usage is a breeze. The interface is clear and straight forward and there is no requirement for complex development which means it can be used straight away.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality. As great as TradeShift is, there is a small number of features which most other invoicing systems have, but TradeShift does not. These features tend to be more beneficial for larger companies or organisations wanting to provide a more customised experience. TradeShift would benefit by including a greater range of customisation options particularly around allowing users to create their own email and invoice templates rather than being forced to use the TradeShift default ones.

Additionally, the TradeShift Quote system does not permit quotes to be amended or cancelled, only deleted and accepted. This may pose a problem for those who wish to keep cancelled or expired quotes for record keeping, without leaving the quote marked as active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certainly worth a try! If you're invoicing requirements are simple TradeShift is for you.

Our business problem was quite simple, we needed a way to invoice customers and track payments and at the time we didn't have one. We decided to give TradeShift a try and were so happy with it we're still using it four years later. TradeShift has certainly made it very easy for us to keep on top of our sales by providing a comprehensive tool for issuing and tracking invoices and quotes.

Tradeshift review by User in Internet

"Practical for small business"

What do you like best?

I like the potential of tool if they can deliver

What do you dislike?

The system could potentially be very useful if it can deliver the client's requirement. Each company has their own system and process and it's not easy to advocate unless the tool is more intuitive than what they are currently using. For the most part, LinkedIn is working with a lot of bigger clients with a system in place that cannot be easily integrated into TS. For this reason, there's still a big amount of manual work that is required to be done in order to process an invoice submitted using the tool.

less manual work and more of an automated process.

The system is not a match for the majority of the vendors and it's creating more manual work.

Tradeshift review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Great for features and Tracking"

What do you like best?

I like all the features that are available. It seems like it has more options and customization than most similar websites that I have used. It was also fairly easy to figure out the basic functions.

Another great feature is that is tracks your invoice through every step of the process so you always know the current status of your items from creating a draft through the final payment.

It also is great that there is a robust online support system.

What do you dislike?

The organization of my documents page can become a bit cluttered. It would be nice if it there was a more streamlines method to view all pending and finalized documents.

There is also some built in complexity that can be difficult to work around to get an invoice submitted. It gets easier once you learn the rules though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that if you are confused or unsure of anything to go to the help section. it is far more useful than most website help sections. You can search all previously asked questions and also ask you own. The best part is people actually seem to respond to the questions in a fairly timely manner.

The best benefit is I have live tracking of the status of my items. There are many times I am in the dark about the current status of some of my items, but Tradeshift allows me to stay of top of where I stand.

Tradeshift review by Shane R.
Shane R.

"Invoicing through tradeshift for the last two plus years. B+"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift allows me to look at all my past and current invoices throughout the years. This helps me as a business owner figure out my past price points and where I should be heading in terms of charges for services. I also like that you can download each invoice as a PDF which is my preferred method. If you do choose to send it via their email service you can get updates to when the client accepts the invoice which can be helpful in keeping track of processing. Also Tradeshift so far has been totally free to use and that's a huge bonus.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I've really had an issue is would be when the platform has technical issues. This only has happened once that I can remember and they had it back up and running the next day only delaying my billing by 24 hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. Good platform and not much down time.

I'm able to track my business finances and deliver reports to my CPA at the end of the year. It has saved me time and money.

Tradeshift review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Tradeshift is not all that it's cracked up to be"

What do you like best?

I like that we can flip Purchase orders into invoices. That's very convenient.

What do you dislike?

It can be very slow and seems to frequently have technical issues. It also has a limitation that only one person can receive email notifications. We have 23 locations so either my coworkers have to remember to log in every day or two or I have to sort through the POs and try to forward them on to the correct coworker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend Tradeshift unless vendor and customer are fully on board to using Tradeshift and will dedicate the time to using it.

I can ensure that invoices are being received however if the customer doesn't submit the LOs in Tradeshift or approve the invoices, it makes things very difficult.

Tradeshift review by jenny g.
jenny g.

"Using tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is easy to use, quick and easy to access, makes life really easy for sending out accounts and reminders, highly recommneded especially for small businesses, customers are happy cost effective by emailing directly from the website, easy to track what is owed what has been paid,

What do you dislike?

Nothing the program is easy to use and gets the job done, perfect for small businesses like mine to keep things in order, i am extremely happy with the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy hassle free and gets the job done, couldnt ask for a better product, customers are happy, we are extremely happy as the product is hassle free, easy to use and requires very little computer knowledge to use, quick to find who has paid, who hasnt and customers find it hassle free to get their invoices emailed directly from website

easy quick invoicing keeps everything easy to find and see who has outstanding accounts, easy to understand easy to sort invoices, happy customers

Tradeshift review by Lois M.
Lois M.

"Love the simplicity and ease of use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. As our invoices are very similar for my client every month I love that I can use a prior accepted invoice as a template with click of my mouse. All I need to do is change the invoice number and date then submit it. I have clients that require us to use other systems but this is my favorite. I can submit an invoice in under 1 minute.

What do you dislike?

The document list can get cluttered once you have created many invoices but once you use it a while it is not really hard to use. It is just what I find the most cumbersome thing. There are great icons which help and is searchable if you need to.

I started using the product because a client required it. We are able to get the invoice to the customer very quickly and easily and their payment response time is much much less as the invoice is typically approved within 24 hours of entering it. My client went from 60 day payment to under 30 days because it took away all the time that it took for them to receive it and then to send from department to department internally.

Tradeshift review by Kellen D.
Kellen D.

"Tradeshift Invoice Submitting Review"

What do you like best?

Overall I think it's a pretty easy platform to setup, navigate and submit invoices for. That's all I used it for, but I quickly saw there were other features that could be helpful like networking and showcasing my portfolio and stuff like that. I only have one client who uses Tradeshift so I only used it during times when billing them so I wasn't really on there enough to take full advantage of other features (or even had a need really).

What do you dislike?

When I initially had my account set up for me (by client) there were some issues, bugs I assume where my information could not be updated correctly and saved. It had to call a couple times to get it sorted but they finally did. This could have been an error on the client setting it up for me, but the problem got sorted within like 48 hours so all ended up working out ok.

Client invoicing is the only service I used. It works pretty easily once your profile is set up.

Tradeshift review by Jamie F.
Jamie F.

"Could be great--but just isn't."

What do you like best?

I've used a good handful of billing platforms requested by various clients over the years to submit invoices. It's one of the areas that is heavily outdated in user experience, navigation and most of all the interface. Why it takes so long for someone to come along and say, "Hey, ya know, all the websites these days are Responsive, with large font, easy and intuitive navigation, and useful, modern tools. Maybe we should take all that, and use it for companies who bill online."

That's what Tradeshift has done, essentially. You get a nice, modern interface, that doesn't screen "1990's", and is not only visually more pleasant to view, but also is more efficient as well. If you were to compare Tradeshift to a lot of other companies in this same market, most would fall short.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to love Tradeshift, but I just can't. The platform's ability to sort through multiple clients' Purchase Orders is horrible. There is no sort by client, leaving POs to only be searchable by date or amount. Moreover, when a PO is invoices against there is not tracking for what is left on the PO. This means when a PO is depleted it still remains open in Tradeshift. Likewise, if a PO is voided, it still remains in the list in Tradeshift. This allows for an extremely messy and hard to manage list of POs. The point of technology like Tradeshift is to make your life easier; if it is just as much work, or in fact more as in this case, to bill companies that it defeats the purpose.

Moreover, their customer service is only via email threads through their platform. If you need to talk to someone immediately, or have an on-going conversation that doesn't last weeks if a problem is not resolved immediately, you are out of luck. This interferes with billing, which is a huge problem to both parties involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't jump on board until the issues they have are solved.

At this point, there are around no benefits that outweigh the negatives of this platform. If they open up customer service via a phone number, and fix their Purchase Order issues, than perhaps they might have something. As of right now, I cannot recommend using this product.

Tradeshift review by PETER G.
PETER G.

"Great product but some minor irritations."

What do you like best?

I use Tradeshift for online invoicing and find the service easy to navigate.I like the speed in which invoicing can be done compared to the paper document which involves envelopes,stamps,posting etc. I also like the record it keeps of your recent invoices which shows clearly at which stage of the payment process they have reached.

What do you dislike?

I find that if you want to change an invoice after sending it, it would appear that you can cancel the invoice and then re-send it. However even though you have cancelled the innitial invoice it still goes through to the customer which creates some confusion.It would be better not to allow the cancellation or to make sure if cancelled it does not reach the customer,this would avoid confusion.

The selection process for the customer to invoice is sometimes problematic.Even though I only have one customer using this platform it does not come up automatically.Then when I select the customer I often have to repeat it a couple of times for it to acknowledge.If you have a lot of invoicing this can be frustrating.I would prefer a dropdown list of customers to appear automatically and on selection it acts immediately.

I do not like the predictive way it guesses your invoice number.I find you are more likely to make a mistake as people use different systems.For example I always end my invoice with the last 2 digits of the year and each time I invoice Tradeshift bump up the year ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is quick,efficient and saves time and stationary costs.It allows you to view the progress of your invoice to payment

I can accurately define which invoices have been paid or if indeed there is a problem with an invoice.It has cut down on stationary costs.

Tradeshift review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Fast, easy & effecient"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is easy to set up when you use it for the first and remains very intuitive afterwards. Of course the customized invoices are a top feature. It also really helps me to keep track of some unpaid invoices. It gives clarity (and reflexes) to clients once they get used to it.

In very short, it speeds up the invoicing process and saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I only encountered a problem once when I was using Tradeshift with Firefox. I contacted the customer service and they gave me a very swift response. To be honest, I think the problem (which was that I had to refresh the browser at least twice when I came back on the main 'documents' page) came more from Firefox than Tradeshift. I am now normally using Chrome and have never encountered further problems.

The time I am saving on a daily basis is reason enough to use Tradeshift.

Tradeshift review by Randall G.
Randall G.

"Been using free service for 2 years and very impressed"

What do you like best?

online access means I can get details about invoices wherever I am, even if I don't have access to my work computer, but the best thing about this tool is that it is free. To have an invoicing system that is so easy to setup, configure and use, which is also free, is brilliant.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if you were able to have a database of services/products that you could update so that you aren't having to manually enter in line items, but they do have a drop down after you start entering some details to show what you've previously entered. It would also be great to be able to schedule a date for the invoice to automatically be emailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need something with a large database of product or line items for your invoices, this is not the solution for you ... if you need an easy to use, free invoicing system that does what it says on the tin ... Tradeshift is brilliant!

Following up on unpaid invoices is easier and being able to see when a client actually changes the status themselves notifying me of a payment really takes the uncertainty out of the picture.

Tradeshift review by Jeffrey P.
Jeffrey P.

"Easy and convenient invoicing on Tradeshift."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The site has a great interface to submit invoices to the customer. There is no need to go through customer or chain of command to get an invoice submitted and processed. After you receive a customer's purchase order on the Tradeshift site you can accept that purchase order and then invoice pretty much immediately if feasible. Then the site notifies you when the customer has accepted the invoice and again notifies when the payment has been processed and sent out for payment.

What do you dislike?

My only request or dislike would be that I wish invoices could be back dated to the date work was completed rather than the date the invoice is submitted. For example if we do plant maintenance work on a Tuesday or Wednesday and invoice for the man hours worked the following Monday, the invoice date is automatically that day's date and can't be the date the work was actually done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Tradeshift. It was easy to figure out and start using. If you aren't real computer savvy Tradeshift offers a great deal of customer support and training.

I use Tradeshift primarily for receiving purchase orders from the customer and then invoicing towards those purchase orders. It is a very easy and convenient way to invoice. I didn't watch any of the webinars or use any help that was offered and was able to figure the system out on my own without much hassle.

Tradeshift review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"A massive timesaver"

What do you like best?

It's saved us a lot of time and effort. We now send hundreds of invoices per month at the press of a button, where previously they had to be printed, folded into separate envelopes and posted. As a supplier it's free to use. It's easy to check the status of invoices and we have the certainty that they have been successfully delivered.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't amazing when the number of documents is so high, but it's OK if you search for individual documents. There's also no way to export a full list of invoices and their statuses without developing a way to interact with the API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out how to send invoices using one of the available CSV/Text file methods rather than using the front end it makes life really easy.

We've made significant savings on time and postage costs. The credit control team can now check the status of an invoice on Tradeshift rather than having to call the purchaser. Automated notification emails mean they can easily identify paid invoices and lets them focus on those that are still awaiting approval or payment.

Tradeshift review by Christoffer B.
Christoffer B.

"Easy to use and high compatibility with external solutions"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly and simple, but still advanced interface is something I really enjoy. I have always enjoyed logging in and to use the Tradeshift system due to aesthetic and user-friendly user interface. It makes invoicing my large customers a breeze and I can monitor if they have received my invoice. I have complete overview of the projects I have invoiced and the customers. The system as a whole is easy to use and it covers my needs for invoicing and administrating large customers.

What do you dislike?

The extra business layer between Tradeshift and my accounting system. I could benefit from a better integration between e-conomic and Tradeshift, where my invoices could be synced seamless between the 2 systems. In a world where the number of web apps and third party system we use in our businesses constantly increases, the need for simple integrations between them is really important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift is an excellent invoicing platform for almost every type of business. If you need to invoice large customers, both private and public companies, Tradeshift can help you meet the standards and to do the right invoicing. I will recommend Tradeshift to everyone who needs and easy-to-use but still advanced platform for invoicing.

Tradeshift is making it easy for me to invoice large customers with requirements for special invoicing. I deal with Danish public institutions and they have high standards and requirements for the format of the invoice, files, etc.

Tradeshift review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Fast Easy Efficient"

What do you like best?

It processes my invoices quick and efficiently. From the start it was very easy to learn and takes very little time to check the status of my invoices and to see what I am currently working on for my client.

What do you dislike?

I do get extra emails that ask me to respond to them. Could use fewer of those but I'm sure it is their way of keeping me posted to where I stand with that particular job.

I have received payment on time every time. Before this I occasionally had to check on invoices. I don't have to worry about getting information from the client I can login to tradeshift and at anytime find out where I stand with that certain job.

Tradeshift review by E Brent N.
E Brent N.

"Amazing Invoicing Platform"

What do you like best?

After spending a lot of time and effort trying to find the perfect invoicing platform for my consulting services I finally stumbled upon TradeShift. I have been using it ever since. It offers all the feature one needs to create and track elegant invoices. With features like the ability to customize invoices to match the branding of your organization all the way to low level tax features you really can't go wrong with TradeShift for invoicing.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike about TradeShift. The integrations could be a bit more robust (I'd love to see integration with $cash and other services like that). But things like that would just be sugar on top of an already sweet platform.

I do independent web development consulting and I needed a way to send and keep track of invoices. I haven't found anything better than TradeShift.

Tradeshift review by User

"Hard to figure out at first, but great customer service"

What do you like best?

I was very impressed with the customer service at Tradeshift. I had a hard time figuring out how to successfully submit invoices at first, but the customer service representatives I spoke with were very helpful and clearly explained each step of the process.

I also like how you can check the status of invoices and see when payments are scheduled to process.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to figure out at first and the instructional pdf provided by Tradeshift does not explain clearly how to submit an invoice. Tutorial videos would certainly be helpful for first time users.

Although it has its perks, and perhaps I haven't used it enough, but Tradeshift does seem like more of a hassle than it is worth.

Tradeshift has been especially helpful in tracking bigger payments. With larger sums of money involved, Tradeshift provides greater peace of mind by displaying the status of payment and it keeps invoices and due dates organized and easy to find.

Tradeshift review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can accept purchase orders as well as view, print and comment on them right in one spot. It eliminates all emails from going back and forth. I also love that I can invoice right to this portal.

What do you dislike?

When invoicing you have to have the freight line on a line by itself and it is hard to know that if you are a first time user.

Less emails and faster response.

Tradeshift review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Simple and quick"

What do you like best?

I like the simple format, which makes it easy to structure an invoice. It's actually easy to overthink the process.

What do you dislike?

I recently invoiced with a purchase order, which is a different procedure. Much easier than expected, though I struggled a bit with inputting numbers before I realized the system would accept a PO# without the details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TradeShift helps me manage the invoicing and accounting process, effectively cutting several steps. It is user friendly and payments are issued on, or even prior to, the projected payment date. Very efficient, provides a clean invoice, and most importantly, payments are always prompt.

Utilizing TradeShift has streamlined my invoicing and accounting process.

Tradeshift review by User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
User in Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

"Feedback for Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

The ease of operating the system and creating the invoice for you is so refreshing. I like that I do not have to contact a person directly to find out the status of my invoices and purchase order numbers. They are constantly keeping you updated on where your invoices are in their system and when payment will be issued.

What do you dislike?

The pages are slow to come up when entering the website. I think they should provide a little more information on how to print your invoices and purchase orders out.

I like the responses I receive as to when Invoices have been received and when payments will be issued. It benefits me so that I do not have to contact a person in Accounts Payable and find out the status of my payments and waiting forever to get a response to my question.

Tradeshift review by Jenny M.
Jenny M.

"Tradeshift A+"

What do you like best?

It's easy to lean and use. Some payment management systems are complicated and impossible to navigate, and Tradeshift is not one of those systems. The system is easy to navigate and use, even for beginners.

What do you dislike?

The search capabilities are a little lacking. I also occasionally won't receive a confirmation email telling me when an item has been paid. Overall though, it's the best payment processing system I've used.

Spending endless hours tracking down payments with dozens of different buyers. Tradeshift centralizes and organizes all payments and sends email updates every step of the way. It also communicates with my buyers and sends them reminders when they need to update a PO, so it saves me from having to send countless emails and track things myself.

Tradeshift review by Donna C.
Donna C.

"Excellent resource for invoicing"

What do you like best?

As i only use trade shift for inputting invoices i don't get to see how the whole system works in general however i can say inputting invoices is very simple.

What do you dislike?

As you use the system on line it can run very slow

Tradeshift review by Gena S.
Gena S.

"The Easiest Way to Invoice"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is, by far, the easiest and most reliable invoicing system that we currently use. To invoice our customer, it takes even less time than prepping invoices to be mailed, and it has repeatedly proven more reliable than e-mail or fax invoicing. You get a quick confirmation that the invoice has been received and processed. It greatly minimizes room for error, as most of the information from the purchase order transfers over to the pre-filled invoice. From there, we just need to fill in the gaps and hit send. Couldn't be simpler!

What do you dislike?

*****Edited 10/14/15: On 8/19/15, Tradeshift sent out an e-mail stating that they would issue $10 gift cards to people who took time out of their busy days to submit a review on their product. Please see the text of that e-mail below:

'Hi there,

Thank you for using Tradeshift for e-invoicing, we hope you are satisfied with the platform.

Would you be interested in writing a review of Tradeshift on the G2 Crowd website?

It’s an independent software review site where nearly 40,000 professionals like you share their opinions and experiences with the products they use. It’s similar to Glassdoor, but for software vendors including Tradeshift.

We’re offering a $10 (or equivalent to your local currency) Amazon gift card to all Tradeshift users who complete a review as a thank you for their time.

You can leave your review of Tradeshift here.

If you have any questions about G2 Crowd of the review process, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your time, we really hope you can help us out.

Elaine Hsu

Campaign Manager

Tradeshift'

The deadline for submitting a review was 9/2/15. I had to sign up for a LinkedIn account first, which was time-consuming. Then I wrote a very thoughtful review. They sent a link to claim your gift card, and then once you filled that out, you would receive the card within 1-3 days. I received nothing. I contacted Tradeshift on 9/10/15 about it. I waited. No response. I contacted them again on 9/22/15. Nothing. They still have not given me the courtesy of a response.

While $10 is not a big deal, it was a promise that was made, and it was broken. And then to have no follow up? I am not impressed.****

The only problem I've had with Tradeshift is that I do not see a way to send a credit memo to the customer. I would love to see this functionality in the future.

It cuts down on the time I need to sit aside for invoicing. And that is a big help. I wish more of our customers used Tradeshift! I am interested in implementing more of Tradeshift's features to help streamline some of our business functions.

Tradeshift review by Biklian, A.
Biklian, A.

"Tradeshift "

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is pretty easy to use as a vendor who needs to bill to a company that employs Tradeshift for invoice processing. I imagine that if we, as a company, employed Tradeshift to manage our vendor invoices it'd be a timesaver and keep things fairly organized.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things about it's functionality that are a little funky. It has certain rules set-up for inputting invoices and if you don't make corrections to how things are laid out by the company that provided you the PO, you're not going to be very successful in invoicing. But, it's fairly easy to figure out what the problems are and make the adjustments. The problems lie in things like not being able to have a contact name as well as a PO number when submitting an invoice, and not deleting an unused cell if it doesn't apply... things like that.

I have no choice but to use the system (Tradeshift) that our client requires, but in the scheme of things, it's not terrible having to use it. There is a benefit in seeing status reports on the processing of our invoices. It's comforting to know that they're being addressed.

Tradeshift review by Laurent G.
Laurent G.

"User Review of Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Tradeshift is very user friendly and intuitive to use. It is also easy to add other users to use it and the helpdesk is fast and accurate in their replies.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to look up documents (invoices, credit notes e.a.) in Tradeshift, but unfortunately there is no filter criteria on the status of the documents and it is not possible yet to extract the results in an MS Excel file.

The biggest benefit so far is the ability to adapt certain aspects of the invoices in Tradeshift; for example the costcenter or purchase order number of the client. This helps us to decrease the DSO of our clients that we invoice via Tradehift and reduces our administrative workload.

Tradeshift review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Easy to Track"

What do you like best?

We receive invoices through Tradeshift that get partially paid throughout a 2 month period. Tradeshift makes it easy to update partial payments and then mark the invoice as paid when the final payment has been made. This helps me to communicate all the details and maintain the records for future use. Great system.

What do you dislike?

I can't sort by the features that I would like to sort by.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great when you are receiving invoices from several contractors because it creates a uniform invoice.

This solves communication issues around pay and makes it very simple to see what has been paid and what is outstanding. It has allowed us to recoop money that would have been lost through unpaid invoices.

Tradeshift review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"Tradeshift provides simplified billing for less automated users"

What do you like best?

The program allows for use of templates, which does help to keep the billing process simple.

What do you dislike?

Status updates are cumbersome to access, or, not existing at all, although the description may make it appear as if this would provide advantages. Program is only useful if the business partner is using the same system, which limits any potential application. Compared to other "Invoicing" programs this one appears to be much more structured and limited to specific use, and makes no sense if you are using a computerized accounting system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your billing is currently done manually, this is certainly a step up

Merely a program to accommodate a business partner for their benefit, zero benefit or advantage for me

Tradeshift review by James T.
James T.

"Quality Product"

What do you like best?

The Tradeshift Application is by far the best I have used thus far. I realy love its GUI, easy to use and navigate through. Its search feature is very useful, as well as its ability to create invoices from past quotes. One has to mention its ability to link to other modules such as the re-occurring invoices.

What do you dislike?

I wish the application had the ability to handle partial payment received on an invoice. With this I can notify my clients that partial payment is received but still awaiting full payment. Also there is no functionality for canceling invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will LOVE IT

It helps me manage my Quotations and Invoicing easily. Providing my customers with notices etc.

Tradeshift review by Justin G.
Justin G.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

Having experienced problems previously trying to track where our invoices are in the authorisation cycle, Tradeshift sends regular email updates with progress - no more frustrating calls to overseas call centres! As a small provider to larger statutory organisations, control of cash flow is vital and knowing when payment may be expected is essential - Tradeshift enables this.

What do you dislike?

The only downfall is that it doesn't integrate with our on-line accounting platform (Xero), so an invoice created in Tradeshift needs to be replicated in Xero, for accounting purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform - easy to use and provides easy tracking.

Trade shift makes the generation, submission and tracking of invoices and payments simple and hassle free - we love it!

Tradeshift review by Daphne Maia L.
Daphne Maia L.

"Easy-to-use platform for small business owners"

What do you like best?

We are a small business, at Furry Photos, and we use Tradeshift every time we need to send an invoice to a client for an upcoming photoshoot. We love how we are able to attach files before sending, so we can easily attach the photographer's shoot agreement.

What do you dislike?

The default email title of "Business Name asks that you accept invoice #NNNNN". It forces the into a call-to-action, and we get feedback about that. They are likely one-time clients or once-a-year clients, and they don't like being forced into having to sign up for an account, to accept this invoice.

Tradeshift helps to reduce time in generating invoices, and keeps all our invoices in one place for easy reference.

Tradeshift review by Administrator in Security and Investigations
Administrator in Security and Investigations

"An under developed platform"

What do you like best?

When compared to other such B2B platforms, I find Tradeshift to be significantly behind in capability.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift lacks capability in providing automation in submission of invoices as well as organization of PO documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use this platofrm due to contractual obligation. As is, I find the invoice submission and PO flip process to be woefully buredsome, under-developed, and unsuitable for large scale invoice submission and PO acceptance activities. Other sduch plarforms provide much more capability for high volume businesses.

There has been no benefit to our utiulizing this platform to manage our contract services provided to CBRE.

Tradeshift review by Seshu B.
Seshu B.

"Fast & Easy Invoices and Proposals"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive and free (for now). The interface is clean and easy on the eyes. I like the left-handed nav bar because it is always there on that side.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my proposals and invoices end up in my client's spam folders. Not sure if this is an issue with Tradeshift as much as my client's ISP's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play with it for a few weeks. Send yourself some invoices and proposals after you customize the look and feel of the documents. If you like it, continue using it.

I can quickly address my client's buying workflows and send them the paperwork they need to convince their business office to release the funds. So, it's a win-win for me.

Tradeshift review by Siva G.
Siva G.

"Great invoicing product available in the market"

What do you like best?

The amount of information and well built user interface make it easy to use the product. It also has local currency which is very helpful to generate invoice in my currency.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a mobile app for notifying customer payment successful information. No need to have all the features in the app, just the notification may be suffice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Easy and simple to use invoicing tool for you as a freelancer and your business. Give it a try and you will love the product.

As a freelancer, it is very helpful to generate and manage bills/invoices and send it to customers. I get notification once they make the payment.

Tradeshift review by Henrik A.
Henrik A.

"This Is How Invoicing Should Be Done"

What do you like best?

Are first started using Tradeshift when it was released. I was tired of the existing clunky type platform offered small business, so I was on the look out for an alternative. Came across Tradeshift in an article about startups and decided to give it go.

Love it from its first early format to what it has evolved into today. The simplicity, the intuitive user interface just makes it a pleasure to work with. Would recommend to anyone from a one-man-show to a larger corporation.

What do you dislike?

I am not a heavy user of all the different functionalities Tradeshift has to offer, so I do not have any actual dislikes at this time, but won't hold back if I do run into any issues, that do not make my life easier.

One dislike is - don't get to invoice enough :D

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to loose. When I recommend to other more established and older companies, they are more apprehensive versus the next generation businesses who are not afraid of change. Try it you have nothing to lose..

Currently only using the invoicing functionalities and the most obvious benefit for me is the speed I can crank out an invoice with.

Tradeshift review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Supplier to a customer using Tradeshift"

What do you like best?

Integration of PDF invoices is very useful when it pulls through the correct details, this is particularly useful when dealing with customers that have accounts facility's that are overseas. It also removes the need for sending copy invoices which otherwise is a pretty standard opening salvo when chasing payment.

Also the ability to track invoices is convenient, mainly around customers that are sometimes difficult when it comes to as it removes any queries around invoices not being signed off, it also means that there is a decreased need for credit control to become involved, only when issues arise.

What do you dislike?

Conversely, the ad-don for PDF invoices isn't always particularly useful as it picks up on the wrong information from the invoices and fills the fields with this incorrect information

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tradeshift helps when dealing with more difficult customers and also helps with sending invoices as once they are uploaded they integrate into the system,

The main benefit that we have seen through using Tradeshift is that the particular customer that has started using this system was previously one of our more difficult customer, since they have moved over to this system we have seen a vast increase in the manageability of this customer.

Tradeshift review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Smooth & efficient e-invoceing platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload document and check them before they get sent to the customer. This helps us reduce errors and greatly speeds up the time it take for invoices to be paid. The Tradeshift platform is easy to use, the split screen view when validating invoices is really appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Tradeshift supports a wide variety of document formats which is fantastic. However when it come to uploading documents at the moment their is no app which will allow you to upload invoices in batches, each invoices has to be uploaded separately, Whilst there are other methods of submitting documents it is not cost effective for us to develop our system to use the Integration method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform to use, it is definitely worth trying out.

We are trying to become a more environmentally friendly company and we realise that one way we can do this is by cutting down on the amount of printed material we send out. In order to achive this we offer to email invoices to our customer and most of our customers are happy to do so. We are also trying to resolve the old age problem of invoices going missing in the post using Tradeshift we have managed to solve this problem. The benefits we have realised by using Tradeshift include: peace of mind, we know our customers have received their invoices, as a result we are paid faster

Tradeshift review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Nice choice for independent and freelance contractors"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty simple process to set up and use invoicing. I looked at quite a few different alternatives when I wanted some simple invoicing ability - there were very few free or low-cost options available. I choose Tradeshift because it would allow me to use it infrequently with minimal time and cost....everything else was too much work (or money) for the number of times I would need invoicing. Tradeshift was simple, professional looking, and adaptable to my needs.

What do you dislike?

I understand why it is done this way (they need to support their product by adopting new users), but I dislike that the option to save a PDF and send my own email to clients was removed several years ago. I always feel like I need to forewarn and explain my invoicing system to clients prior. Otherwise, they get confused by the automated email they receive from Tradeshift on my behalf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much of a down-side to giving the product a try, so go ahead and test it out!

Simple invoicing without large fees involved.

Professional, well-designed invoices.

Tradeshift review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"It is nice this product send you an email when there is somethign to be viewed. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of this product. It is very easy to navigate. I like that this product lets you know when anyone has made any changes to a PO so that you may go and view the changes. It is nice that you can also view past PO's when or if needed. All the information needed is very easy to view.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little irritating when an unimportant change has been made to a PO, and the only way to know is to take the time to log in and take a look just to find that nothing important has been changed.

It is a smooth process. Tradeshift lets you know the status of PO. It is easy to either accept or deny a PO document.

Tradeshift review by Craig N.
Craig N.

"Tradeshift is fab!"

What do you like best?

It was very simple and straightforward to register and link with existing clients. What I love is, where previously I had to chase customers to pay invoices, now I know that once the invoice is submitted through Tradeshift it will be paid within 30 days. And if there is a problem, I will know about it rather than relying on the client to get back to me. It's also much easier to use and more intuitive than other online invoicing systems.

What do you dislike?

Some clients who are registered with Tradeshift can be a bit slow to accept a connection (and some never do), but that may simply be that individual customers are slow to take up using Tradeshift. It's also runs a bit slow, but that's probably specifically server issues.

Tradeshift has cut down on the number of overdue invoices, meaning less work for me and improved cashflow for the company.

Tradeshift review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Pretty straight forward, not hard to pickup."

What do you like best?

Invoicing, PO's, etc are all internal and do not require tons of extra steps.

What do you dislike?

Everything is internal. In some cases the internal protocol does not fit into my own as a vendor and results in extra steps needing to be taken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put the time in to fully learn the software and it will pay off. I think I would have less issues with the platform if our software was able to integrate better.

When I was working with a smaller business, the platform worked great because I had to do less things by hand. Once I transitioned to a larger corporation with more SOPs on things, it made it more difficult.

Tradeshift review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Streamlined Invoicing"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating invoices. The autofill for contact and the option for using the next invoice number or creating a new number are excellent features.

What do you dislike?

As my invoices are service based, II would like a "date" field to signify what date the services were provided.

Faster invoicing and faster payment.

Tradeshift review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Excellent for Invoicing"

What do you like best?

Its super easy to use for a first timer and its free. It saves previous invoices which is nice if you need to look back and see what you charged previously. I like that you can get the invoice as a pdf.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could customize the invoice a little more. The template it provides is fine, especially since its free, but more customization would be cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this one first if you are looking for a good invoicing system. Its free and works great. Its easy to use and definitely worth a try.

Billing customers for the first time can be stressful, especially if you've never sent an invoice before. But this invoice was simple to fill out and send to the client. Looks professional and saves me time so I can focus on other aspects of my business.

Tradeshift review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Overall capable platform for managing order invoicing"

What do you like best?

The UI is clean and modern. Performance is reliable from the extent of my use so far. The organization of customer communication into chats is beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Invoicing is a little clunky which is worrisome since it's a main focus for the software. I find it doesn't reconcile the orders correctly to the invoice.

None really. The concept of the platform is nice but it's like a social media site with few users - if the vast majority are not using it's a hindrance and not a help. I like the chat feature of being able to directly communicate with clients. Overall I think the idea has potential but I think it's more of a bolt-on to another service in terms of it's usefulness than a good standalone product. Build it out with more features and it will be killer.

Learning about Tradeshift?

* We monitor all Tradeshift reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.