Trakstar

Trakstar

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software helps HR and your organization manage feedback, goals and reviews. You can build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. 360/Multi-rater feedback is an option. Trakstar's rich feature set and visually appealing interface are available at a reasonable cost. Implementation is customized for you. Trakstar offers a free trial, price quote, or a live demo from a real person.

Work for Trakstar?

Learning about Trakstar?

Trakstar Reviews

Ask Trakstar a Question
Showing 119 Trakstar reviews
Trakstar review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Easy to use, simple to manage"

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined everything is. You don't have to constantly save for fear of losing your progress -- the tool does it for you. You can easily track your progress when creating goals, entering outcomes, rating yourself, rating others, etc. It is so easy, as an end user, to manage my PR/GS process.

What do you dislike?

The tool is very easy to use and easy to customize for your own organization. If anything, I think the ability to import goals should be improved. As it was, we had to manually take goals and progress from our old tool and individually add it to each user's account. It would have been great (for the one-time migration at least) to be able to import. It would have cut two weeks out of our project timeline.

We had a very clunky performance management system previously and this helped us with adoption.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trakstar
Trakstar review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Awesome tool for a one stop shop for annual reviews and employee development planning."

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and allowed easy automation of employee self assessment, 360 reviews, customized scale and notes/file upload. Though we just implemented a month before reviews this year, I see myself using for record keeping, goal setting and coaching moving forward. The ability to easily copy comments from the 360 responses made the review process easy and efficient. What I really love is that employees can make comments on themselves throughout the year. Makes it a two way record keeping system which is really helpful for reviews and development planning/coaching.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it is due to the settings we have internally, but when I requested 360 feedback users had to log in to get notified. An email trigger would be more helpful.

Annual reviews, performance management, employee development.

This a fantastic tool that will help promote better reviews, more strategic development plans and efficiency!

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Trakstar review by Lolita  J.
Lolita J.

"Good Tool for Employee Reviews"

What do you like best?

I like that our employees can complete reviews online rather than using paper.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Multiple Supervisors can be assigned to one employee. Multi-Rater is a nice feature but it's a little time consuming for Managers. If we could assign multiple supervisors to have access to the employees review it would eliminate the time and effort to have one manager go in and send a multi-rater request.

I like that Trakstar has reminders in place to keep employees engage with completing their accomplishments throughout the year prior to their official review date. I just wish that I had a little more initiative from the employees to actually take notes regularly but I know that they can get very busy and forget or push off monthly notes.

Trakstar review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"Easy, Breezy, Performance Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Compared to several other products I've demo'd and used, Trakstar provides a clean and simple user interface. There are all the features needed to conduct effortless evaluations of staff members. Great features include easy management of evaluations from one screen for administrators, attractive colors that clearly highlight buttons for next steps, the ability to proxy, a thorough competency library, and excellent support and training resources. The time to implement the software was only a few weeks, without any need for custom programming or coding. The platform also supports SAML 2.0 single sign on so that users have one less password to remember. Trakstar has proven to be an essential and well-liked tool in my office.

What do you dislike?

There are few areas for improvement, though not deal breakers, when it comes to using the platform. On PDF print outs of evaluations, there is not the ability to add certain fields like employee ID, despite this being information Trakstar requires for each user. It would also be nice if managers had a dashboard similar to administrators so that they could manage the approval process for all evaluations from one screen, versus having to click into each staff member's profile.

Using Trakstar has streamlined and digitized the performance evaluation process in my office.

Trakstar review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Decent System"

What do you like best?

The system has a lot to offer. I like best that I can log in as the user and see exactly what they are seeing. It is so helpful to assist employees/managers with the process. I also think the rater bias is excellent and very useful. It allows us to see what managers "overrate".

What do you dislike?

The reviews are too cumbersome. This could be a result of the reviews our company set up in the system. I also do find the system a little confusing with the review/approvers and the way the process gets held up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not involved in implementation so I don't know exactly how our company set the system up. I would recommend to companies not to make the reviews so long and the questions redundant.

Our employees haven't received raises in many years and never had a formal performance review. This allows our employees to feel valued. I was recently hired here and was asked to complete the review process for the entire company using Trakstar. It has been stagnant for a while.

Trakstar review by Pete L.
Pete L.

"Reviews you can look forward to"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. I have been looking for a review program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if I would call it a 'dislike', but the setup of new job competencies is a little time consuming. Not nearly as painful as the last review program we used, but this is a detail that takes some time and energy. Trakstar does make it an understandable and intuitive process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are in the middle of full implementation of Trakstar. Everything from training to setup to being about 1/2 way done with our full team's reviews has been very high quality. I'm excited to have Trakstar as part of our company.

One of my favorite features of the program is the ability to keep track of periodic 1 on 1 meetings or impromptu meetings using the "Notes" feature. All too often when preparing an annual review, I have found myself needing to jog my memory or search for significant meetings, employee notes, reprimands, etc. in order to put together a quality review. Trakstar makes it easy by including the "Notes" feature with each employee. I can even take a few minutes every month to send out kudos to any employee for a job well done. This is extremely valuable when it comes time to look at the whole year's performance. These "Notes" are either visible to the employee or just the manager. AWESOME.

Trakstar review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Great performance management software"

What do you like best?

Customer service. Too many software vendors don't provide good support for their products. Trakstar is quick and thorough with any questions that we have.

What do you dislike?

I used to think that it was a bit hard to move around in Trakstar. The new design, their customer service, and my continued usage has helped tremendously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a Performance Management System in place is a must! I don't know the other softwares as intimately, but Trakstar has been very effective for us. We are able to continually focus on our Mission, Vision and Values, monitor our managers for rater bias and track very valuable information through the many reports features.

It was hard to get many of our managers on board with this, but going into our fourth year, they can now see how each year adds valuable knowledge into the trends of their teams, as well as the tenure of their teams.

I was not with this company before Trakstar, but the biggest complaint that hear when interviewing new candidates from other companies is "No regular process for performance reviews". I am always very proud to tell them about our system!

Trakstar review by Ronetta S.
Ronetta S.

"I Love This Software!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease and friendliness of the program. Very user helpful with all the content and training videos.

There's also the ability for anyone to add notes, make them public or private. I don't have to have a separate disciplinary form, they can make notes directly on an employees record showing all aspects of needed growth and the EIP can be uploaded as well.

What do you dislike?

The ability to have both employees and managers add goals in the scoring process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll probably appreciate the software for the cost.

Ease of employee appraisals. We have currently decided to change the appraisal process and the system allows us the ability to do easier monthly check ins with our employees.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Online Performance Reviews - Fast & Easy!"

What do you like best?

I like that Trakstar is easy to use for employees, managers, and administrators. Performance reviews are done more quickly and HR doesn't have to spend a lot of time on the administration of reviews.

What do you dislike?

The job profiles and positions are a bit confusing so I need to refresh myself at times. Also, I need to refresh myself on setting up the review process but it's not that hard. I only have to do it once per year so it doesn't take too much time to refresh. I wish there was an e-signature function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a great product to administer reviews. As an admin I receive positive feedback from end users and managers. Pain-free reviews!

Performance reviews get completed and it saves everyone time and is easy and fast.

Trakstar review by Leeann C.
Leeann C.

"Trakstar 5 Stars!!"

What do you like best?

We have been using Trakstar in our organization for 6 years. I have personally been in charge of our Trakstar account for 4 years. We use it for employee self-appraisals and supervisor appraisals on employees. Recently, Trakstar made some significant changes which I love. Trakstar is easy to use, easy to set up, and easy to monitor. Their customer service is always fast and the people are very helpful and friendly.

What do you dislike?

Since the changes were made in 2016, there isn't anything I do not like about Trakstar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get support when you are setting up. They are super helpful!

We strictly use this for appraisals, and within those appraisals, we are able to track goals, update goals, and perform more helpful appraisals based on tangible results!

Trakstar review by Lara H.
Lara H.

"Trakstar: Feedback for Colleagues"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is a really good way to make notes on employees and let them know when they're doing well, in addition to tracking all feedback (negative AND positive) across a span of time; this prevents us from having to dig through emails and find old logs for feedback provided.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Trakstar had the ability to accept uploaded photos as part of the feedback process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to keep track of feedback

We are using Trakstar to track employee feedback.

Trakstar review by Andreas H.
Andreas H.

"Highly versatile platform with a very well managed set up and deployment by the Trakstar team"

What do you like best?

The initial process from inquiry through to trial was very well handled. We are in Sydney, Australia and were able to have effective communication with the Trakstar implementation team, big thank you to Matt, during the whole set up. The GoToMeetings were excellent for the communication and set up.

The ability to customise templates, goal setting and interactivity for all staff and managers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, The we have customised templates and will review their usefulness over the next 12 months. It can be a bit daunting in the beginning, however customer support is great and we got were we wanted to be.

What's new video does pop up every time I start Trakstar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend early staff engagement in the set up of templates.

Briefing of managers on how to assess their staff is very important. The managers need to ensure that they provide coaching tips and assistance for staff that needs improvement.

Briefing of staff on the rating system is very important to ensure that they understand how the rating is used by themselves and the mangers.

We needed to improve business effectiveness of our staff. This required that staff had to be more realistic in self assessment of their capabilities.

Staff, in particular the younger members, appreciated the ability to leave notes and receive more detailed feedback.

Interaction with staff in appreciating their strength and weakness has improved.

In general a more professional behaviour within the organisation has been achieved.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Awesome Tool With Untapped Potential!"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is very straightforward and simple to user from a user (reviewee/reviewer) perspective. LOVE the new dashboard! Very helpful to quickly gauge how the Company's doing in the midst of a review cycle. Also puts things into perspective when you quantify the TOTAL number of reviews submitted.

What do you dislike?

Trakstar is a bit cumbersome from an Administrator perspective. Adjusting templates wasn't as user-friendly as I would have liked/expected. For example, this past year-end review cycle, myself and a colleague spent 8+ hours just updating templates to incorporate a new series of level-specific questions.

My Company definitely hasn't fully-utilized all that Trakstar has to offer. It's a little difficult to understand what all is available (no in-product messaging).

Transitioned from company-wide review process that lived in Excel to Trakstar's platform. Breath of fresh air to streamline at a company level rather than leaving template decisions to department heads. Made peer reviews consistent and therefore, more meaningful.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use software with robust features"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the Trakstar ease of use to setup templates and create new positions. The software is very nicely laid out which makes using Trakstar a breeze, for employees and managers alike. Our company of nearly 100 has been using this software for nearly 6 months with great success. Achieving and maintaining goals are a simple and effective way of keeping track of certain items you may want recognition for when it comes time for Annual reviews.

Working with Trakstar representatives has been a very pleasant experience via email, phone, skype, live presentations, etc. They have been very knowledgeable, and have made quick and even large adjustments on the fly without hesitation. The customer support is fantastic and the knowledge base is actually filled with great information unlike some of the Trakstar competition.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features could be more robust, such as compiling a list of how many users have not completed their reviews. This would make it a lot more convenient for a large company to address potential issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this as a way to open up communication lines with employees, managers, and executives about each department within your organization. It can become an effective way to manage goals and keep track of employee performance over time.

Our company is using this software for Annualized reviews for all of our employees and management. We have realized that the benefits of using this software alongside training, creating goals and managing them more efficiently have all been a benefit of using Trakstar consistently.

The reporting features are great for determining where the the company is struggling and creating discussion within the company about how to achieve better results by department, manager, or corporate structuring each year. I would highly recommend purchasing this product.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Architecture & Planning
Administrator in Architecture & Planning

"HR Generalist"

What do you like best?

As the administrator I feel the system meets most of our needs and I fine it easy to use. The system is also very easy for the managers and employees to use and have no compolaints. Trakstar is constantly making improvements to the software.

What do you dislike?

We are an architecture company and unique that our employees move around to different studios during the year depending on the status of the projects they are working on. So they may work for 2-3 different managers within the 12 month period. Because the system currently only allows an employee to have one manager, this causes a problem when we do our annual performance reviews. I have to constantly change the manager of employees so they can input their comments for the employee. Some of the managers choose to do a multi-rater but that puts all the work on the current manager when completing the review. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool to stream line and automate our annual performance review system.

Trakstar helps us recognize where our managers could do a better job communicating with their employees.

Trakstar review by Douglas F.
Douglas F.

"Make your reviews easy"

What do you like best?

Two things I really like. First the automation and workflow make it really easy to stay on top of reviews.

The second feature I really like is the ability for both employees and managers to leave notes during the quarter rather then scrambling at review time to remember what was done over the past 90 days.

What do you dislike?

Not sure I dislike anything. One challenge as an administrator is going in as a manager and understanding what I see that all the other managers can't see. For example I can run reports other mangers can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at other systems ask who does the implementation. The person from Trakstar who did our implementation knew as much about HR and reviews as they did about the product. This made a big difference during the implementation.

We were never good at doing regular reviews. It was always a scramble at the end of the year to get something done so we could do bonuses and raises. Trakstar has helped us get more methodical about it and allowed us to separate raises from merit bonuses.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Trakstar Review - SHAPE Australia"

What do you like best?

I like how you can see the reporting line in the organisational chart in a tree format view. It is a great tool you can easily customise individual appraisals and make it suit the individual.

It is very user-friendly with the quick links on the left side of the screen. Great for reporting use as well.

I like how you can select to view an employees profile as themselves so you can see what they can see and change it back to the admin view as well.

What do you dislike?

It would be good if you could see when position title's got changed. If someone gets a promotion in the middle of their review you have to create a whole new appraisal and manually put in all the notes again from the previous to make sure it gets carried forward to their new set appraisal.

It would be great if you could filter and sort columns in a more advanced way like how Microsoft word does it. So then you can select on just a few roles or a few options to view instead of all or none.

It would be great if we could connect this software to an active directory so it automatically creates or terminates staff as it can be quite manual to use for those reasons - even for promotions with title changes.

None that i can think of at the moment. The only thing that clicks to me is that when we have someone under a formal "HR" performane management, we do use trakstar to upload all documents to their profile. It is great that as a manager you can chose to have it visible or not to the employee. It is great because it then all goes in the one software so it is easier to access.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of the system. It is very straight forward and both our Managers and our Employees are able to navigate the system with ease. We were able to customize our competencies, review periods etc. and I I like the reporting features to manage the processes as well. Having rater- bias reports etc. helps ensure that the process remains objective and I like the fact that both the supervisors and HR administrator can approve all reviews before they are administered to the employees.

I also like the fact that you can take notes in the system throughout the year so that you don't miss including things that may have happened earlier in the year being reviewed. I like how you can upload documents to support scores assigned as well. The support we get from TrakStar when we have questions etc. is exceptional. They are quick to respond and will take the time to walk you through the system so that as they are helping you, you are learning as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the system will lock-out when I try to put in a comment when "disapproving" a review. I go out and back into the system and then it normally works. But other than that, the system works very well for our company and I have referred other HR colleagues to this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for a company size of 50-500. And with additional "administrators" assigned if your company is much larger than that, it could work well.

This system has given us a better way to manage reviews with better reporting capabilities.

Trakstar review by James B.
James B.

"Ease of use for the Administrator and Managers!!"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is such a welcome change for us! It is simple, intuitive, and very easy to learn. At the same time, it is powerful, allows for multirater feecback, a variety of different reviews, succession planning, and more. It has a simple top down internal structure that allows you to make easy changes on the back end that disseminate easily and correctly within your structures. One of the best functions is that as an administrator, I can click on a link that shows me EXACTLY what any of my users are looking at and the functions they have. This saves so much time in answering questions.

On top of that, the pricing was about the lowest we had looked at. We are very glad we went with this online softward.

What do you dislike?

No real gripes or concerns. We have been impressed so far. We had seen several demonstrations and this was by far the best we encountered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't speak highly enough. As an HR person, I want ease of use, real time information, the ability to quickly change reporting structures, the ability to make changes that then trickle down correctly. It fits all of this. They also have dozens of videos and online help that are VERY good and beneficial. Plus the price was one of the lowest. We don't need fancy bells and whistles, we want a software that is a successful tool in bringing about discussions and communications around performance. This does just that.

Previously we were using a very complicated software and it was not getting good results. We have been able to have more organization in the way reviews are processed and administered. And the end result is we are using this as a better tool for communicating feedback and goals.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

The guidance and coaching assistance features the software lends to first-timers or to managers who need more soft skill development is nothing short of incredible! You can make it as simple or as in depth as you like The software seamlessly facilitates allowing different types of employees to have the style of performance conversation THEY want to have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike, so far. We are still getting used to the software and really utilizing all the features it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that, while there are lots of template competencies (Skill sets) to help you populate the assessments, customization has been the key to making it our own. You need an owner for the full roll-out process. It took us a good 3-4 months when all was said and done.

Our company went for its first 11 years of existence without any formal performance conversations. Trakstar has allowed us to integrate a mobile-friendly feedback platform critical to our performance-based compensation goals and facilitating more in-depth conversation to help us retain our Millennial talent.

Trakstar review by Alice L. R.
Alice L. R.

"Great jump start solution!"

What do you like best?

Quick onboarding for our company of just under 100 employees; users find the system very intuitive

What do you dislike?

Not being able to trigger performance meeting timings through the system (this would have to connect to Outlook in our case)

Removing the mystique of the performance review system

Enabling us to see that our managers need more training in delivery

Involving more people in the process

Ultimately would like to have more employee ownership of the process

Trakstar review by Internal Consultant in Accounting
Internal Consultant in Accounting

"Great fit for our professional services firm"

What do you like best?

We customized forms and processes to match existing manual evaluation process. In doing so, routing of appraisals and tracking feedback has been a much more efficient process for all parties. We are able to monitor individuals giving/receiving feedback, track performance progress, and readily evaluate the success of our development efforts.

What do you dislike?

Multi-Rater feedback is intended to inform the reviews rating. As such, the comments and scores are not readily viewable by the employee receiving feedback. We have had to implement a manual work-around in order to share this important feedback.

We primarily utilize on the job training and supplement those experiences with internally developed trainings. By using trakstar to monitor performance, we've been able to identify whether performance issues are individual specific or applicable to groups of employees. We are then able to better tailor our formal training sessions to the areas most affecting our teams.

"HR Admin"

What do you like best?

I'm very happy with TrakStar's:

flexibility

support and training

great implementation plan

What do you dislike?

no complaints!

Some managers need additional support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TrakStar gave our company a professional, flexible platform for documenting employee performance. It is good for the employees, good for the managers, and good for the company.

We had no reviews in 2017, poor system of paper docs prior. TrakStar gave our small business (30 employees) a professional platform for executing reviews. The support team helps with on-going advice on how to setup New Hire process, mid-year check-in, formal reviews, etc. I've gotten great feedback from employees on the initial implementation, and it will get better as we turn on additional features.

Trakstar review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Good for personal use - not a network"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup goals and associated weights. Makes your performance rubric clear so your self assessment is very to fill out. Stages of review are also clear and easy to understand. Filling out performance assessment for others is also easy and clear. I also like that Trackstar sends you reminders throughout the year fill out tasks completed so you're swamped at the end of the year.

What do you dislike?

The network is weak. They have a few features where you can send kudos to employees but it's only don't through Trackstar (via a unique link). This makes access limited and difficult. Would be easier to simply email kudos to a special address instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haven't look at many competitors but Trackstar is fairly simple if you're looking to implement a way to track employee year to year performance.

Putting a process and efficiencies around employee performance management. So far, Trackstar has provided us with these benefits.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Trakstar - Reliable Review System"

What do you like best?

I like the history that you get with Trakstar the more you use it. You can archive reviews which is great for HR purposes. It is great for staying organized, and I also like that you can set up custom e-mail alerts.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface of the system. It's not very intuitive and thus is not very user friendly. I think some major product redesign would help make it feel less of a chore to use. Customization options are pretty difficult to use for different company departments. It's fine if every department review template is the same, but most departments have different goals and deliverables that they are being assessed on.

We previously just used excel for reviews, so using Trakstar has been a huge bump up in our professionalizing the review process.

Trakstar review by Myca S.
Myca S.

"Employee Reviews made easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of tracking completion from employee self evaluations to management reviews. At any time Admins can review and see where each manager/supervisor is in the process which helps us provide coaching where needed. Auto-reminders to complete appraisals save us time and help staff stay on track. After having a paper systems for decades having all appraisals and scores in one place is a vast improvement.

What do you dislike?

Navigation systems within Trakstar have been improved but need more work.

Previously our twice annual reviews were completed in spreadsheet form. Tracking 200+ employees and scores was terribly difficult and it was easy to lose track of who had completed and turned in what. With Trakstar, we know exactly who has, or has not, completed their evaluations. Scores are also automatically calculated which saves us lots of time.

Trakstar review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"Very user friendly - intuitive for employees"

What do you like best?

I like that the home page guides employees through exactly what is needed right away. As an administrator I like that we can customize the scales/competencies/ranking/weights for what's best for our organization.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator I do find the reports difficult to learn to create - not as intuitive as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look through the support/help site and take advantages of the webinars. They really support users and answer EVERY question.

How to simplify our midyear and annual reviews processes for our company and make performance management more of a tool and less of a chore.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great So Far!"

What do you like best?

The reporting is excellent. Any report you wish you could run, Trakstar has. It is much more advanced than any of our other tools in regards to the ease of retrieving the specific information you need.

What do you dislike?

Editing and adding additional processes is less than intuitive. There are too many places to edit, so you may think you are going through a process correctly when the proper place to edit that piece of information was actually a bit lower or higher on the same page.

We have modernized and standardized our employee reviews. Trakstar has enabled us to ensure that all of our employees are being given reviews within the correct timeframe and their Rater Bias report allows us to view trends in our managers scoring as well.

Trakstar review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Enhanced our Performance Review Process"

What do you like best?

The system is fully customizable. The performance review can be created to align with job descriptions. The review is specific to an employee's actual position. It is also great for our employees and managers to be able to add notes about accomplishments throughout the year and have them populate in to the employee review. The system sends reminders and status notifications to the employees and managers. I no longer have to manually track employee performance review dates. This has saved me time!

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I dislike about the system. We just rolled it out to our employees within the last month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support during implementation was superb.

We hope for higher level of employee engagement within the review process and better tracking of their accomplishments to make the review process more impacting.

Trakstar review by Amanda  D.
Amanda D.

"Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and flexible to fit the needs of my organization.

What do you dislike?

The customer support line rarely answers your calls, most of the time you hit voicemail. However, they are pretty quick at responding to email.

Allowing for a streamlined performance appraisal process that lets supervisors manage their performance appraisals to their needs.

Trakstar review by Madison H.
Madison H.

"Easy Process"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy program to use. Very helpful staff, and I love how the help button applies to each page you are on, so if you ever have questions it is very specific to the processes you are trying to use. Plus as an admin it is easy to go in to your employees account and assist them easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometime when creating forms and processes it can get confusing. I generally schedule a phone call with TrakStar to help set this up.

We are able to see what each employee feel about their reviews, and how each manager individually handles their performance management. It has helped us reach out to managers who don't utilize the system and help them build better teams.

Trakstar review by Lisa W.
Lisa W.

"Little effort for big results."

What do you like best?

I like best that Trakstar is so easy to implement and very flexible to our needs. It is able to work with our new performance management strategy and positioning that is non-traditional. Trakstar takes care of a lot of the work involved in creating a new performance program, and provides lots of great tools to help your employees once it is up and running. Trakstar is also very affordable and provides great value to our company.

What do you dislike?

We have nothing but a good experience so far with Trakstar. We just launched the new system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The people at Trakstar are very knowledgeable and good to work with. They are responsive and keep you moving on your timeline. The system is so much easier to implement than Success Factors, which I worked on previously at another company. At Trakstar there are great resources to keep your staff informed on how to use the system and they take care of the training. I am so glad I found Trakstar.

The issues addressed with the new performance management system are improving employee participation, make reviews more meaningful to the business and culture, create a measurement of success tool, and address employees' needs for on-demand digital access to organizational offerings.

While we are just rolling out Trakstar now among our employee base so participation rates are unknown at this time, we are pleased to have found Trakstar to transform how we evaluate employees allowing them to drive it, own it, and make it virtual.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Computer Games
Administrator in Computer Games

"10 stars for Trakstar! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy the page is to navigate. The org chart is great and it super easy to add positions, update employees and bulk edit.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I can complain about with Trakstar. There are a few things here or there that I would like to see changed with the Archive process such as transferring a review over to a new manager the old manager can no longer see that review. At our company we have functional managers and department managers and often they both need visibility to one employee.

We are solving performance review issues. It is often difficult to get managers to complete monthly reviews and with the email reminders from Trakstar it helps with this issue!

"Office Manager"

What do you like best?

I really like that in trakstar it is easy for us to compile and keep track of who is completing performance reviews and make sure as HR that we know what is going on in the company!

What do you dislike?

the only major problem I have had is logging in. Whenever we onboard a new employee trakstar is the only site they have a struggle logging into without help from us.

Keeps performance reviews organized and fair. Trakstar makes it so all employees with the same title are rated on the same scale. Also I love the note taking option so when performance reviews come along you are not just judged on most recent accomplishments or failures but have notes from the entire review timeframe

Trakstar review by Nina P.
Nina P.

"Just starting and all is go go go!"

What do you like best?

Implementation was supported well and people are saying it is easy, intuitive and working. My pilot group Q&A was 5 minutes long because they had no questions!

What do you dislike?

I'm still learning what I don't like so i can not say

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Employees more engaged in appraisal process. Reduction in paper and narrative reviews. Customized appraisals based on role and department focus. Consistent rating definitions are moving us toward consistency (I hope!)

Trakstar review by Elizabeth (Lisa) W.
Elizabeth (Lisa) W.

"Highly recommend Trakstar"

What do you like best?

Very easy to customize to your company's needs and super helpful employees - even though Trakstar is in Seattle and we are located on the East Coast, they are responsive on our business hours and will always schedule meetings/calls when we are free (even if that means the call is at 6AM in Seattle)

What do you dislike?

We honestly have not had any problems with implementation or usage! Any time we've had a question or issue, the customer service representatives have been extremely responsive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative with customization that fits your needs - they are very accommodating and helpful

Easing the time-consuming nature of performance appraisals. Employees like this process way better than the old annual, paper-and-pen version

Trakstar review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of use compared to past platform we used. Once you get familiar with the platform it is fairly easy to navigate and manage. We have been using Trakstar for 4 months now and their customer support has been awesome!

What do you dislike?

Only thing we have found lacking is that on multi-rater requests there is no way to create groups or send to "all company" so if you want to invite the whole company to participate in a multi-rater request, you have to click from a drop down to add each person individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

Previously we were using a platform that was very difficult to navigate and had poor customer support. Those issues have been solved by using Trakstar.

Trakstar review by Administrator

"Trakstar Used for Quarterly Touchbases"

What do you like best?

I love how Trakstar provides a means for my company to stay connected. We now require all management to touchbase with employees on a quarterly basis and center incentives around completion. This provides motivation to keep the employee-manager relationships alive, especially since more than half of our employees work remotely. Trakstar was very accommodating to our needs and worked with us to create a smooth transition from annual to quarterly touch bases.

What do you dislike?

As with anything new, it was challenging to get buy in from employees and all configuration settings put into place. However, Trakstar was very helpful and provided guidance when needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trakstar now offers 9 Box capabilities if this is an interest to your company!

We are bridging the gap created through remote work environments. More communication creates greater rapport and happier/healthier employees. The idea that we were able to transition from annual to quarterly reviews was a real game changer for our company.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Trakstar is the right tool to drive enagement accross any organization."

What do you like best?

other tools I've used have not offered seamless transition between manager only notes and review content. At best they have been kept in separate tool at worst none at all. What really sold me on Trakstar was the ability to take notes on individual behavior in the moment, which I could easily access and transition from stream of consciousness to formal accolades at the end of the review cycle. This means offering managers the tools they need to offer more specificity and less generalization to their employees.

What do you dislike?

The interface for updating the org-chart with new positions can be a little clunky. It would be great to be able to add a title and reassign reporting as part of the termination process where applicable.

Recognition is a problem in any organization, especially when scoring cross department. This tool has not only gotten managers actively involved in recognizing performance on their team but also been instrumental in driving scoring standards company wide. As a result we no longer have siloed teams giving extravagant scores while other teams follow a much stricter guideline. Trakstar was instrumental in building a system of leadership that can measure any peer group against another without fear that the nuances between roles aren't being adequately measured.

Trakstar review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"Not Many Stars for Trakstar"

What do you like best?

Trakstar offers a lot of tools for admins to customize their appraisals. I like the ability to upload multiple rubrics to evaluate different teams under one umbrella. The 360 degree feedback option is also nice and offers an easy way to involve multiple raters.

What do you dislike?

I find the employee side of the experience extremely lacking. It's complicated to find your scores for recent appraisals. It's also difficult to make the feedback actionable. Most employees don't engage with the content in the Trakstar reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the demo and see if the experience is what you're team needs.

We've been trying to use Trakstar to archive quality assurance reports for our team members. It's given us a good start at organizing this process and shown us the areas that we need better tools in order to make this experience more actionable for our employees.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Fantastic Tool for Employee Reviews"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system and ease of use for the employees and managers.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike any thing about this system. If I had to name one thing, there have been so many great changes that I get a little lost on everything, but when I need help, I just call the very responsive team at TrakStar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You cannot beat the price of TrakStar and the time is saves you as an administrator! There is really never a time I think about switching to a different software!

Performance appraisals were done on paper when I started at my company, this helps be keep track and managers can easily do their appraisals.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Trakstar Review"

What do you like best?

With Trakstar, we've received excellent customer service. I can't say enough about how helpful the team has been, not only in the beginning, but throughout our time with Trakstar. The reporting tools are also very strong.

What do you dislike?

For our team, I've found Trakstart to be a bit less intuitive that I would like. The approval/submission process always leaves employees and managers confused. Also, with our reviews being very goals based (which change for each review cycle), Trakstar makes the process a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a performance management system designed specifically to conduct reviews at a fixed interval, Trakstar is great. It is highly customizable, but provides a lot of pre-loaded questions/competencies which can be helpful. For companies looking for more of an overall performance management tool, with the ability to track progress all throughout the year, I don't find Trakstar to be the best at that. The system tends to be very "review" based (i.e. everything done in Trakstar must be tied to a specific review, rather than an individual), which works for many companies, but is something to consider.

With Trakstar, we've been able to provide more transparency and consistency when it comes to performance management.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Trakstar continues to be a hit"

What do you like best?

There is no doubt that Trakstar is one of the best performance appraisal softwares in the world. It has everything you need and is user-friendly and intuitive. We have been using the software for the past 2 years and it continues to get positive reviews from our employees. We spent a good amount of time customizing the software to fit our needs and found that it has almost all of what we need. We are very pleased overall.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to change the employment status to "on leave." You can only terminate them from the system. We are in the construction industry so having an "on leave" status would be useful.

We needed a software that was intuitive and user-friendly while having the ability to customize certain items to fit our organization's needs. The benefits we have gained are company wide buy-in to the appraisal process.

Trakstar review by Bob K.
Bob K.

"Trakstar makes employee reviews a snap!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Trakstar is it's versatility. Our evaluations have moved from paper to digital. Setup was easy, support was excellent and the training complete.

What do you dislike?

As this software continues to develop, the ability to set goals for either a position and/or the individual will only add to the power of this application. This will make inserting an individual into a vacancy seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great small to medium companies with internal need to evenly evaluate employees and move to an automated review solution.

We use Trakstar to monitor how our employees measure according to various corporate goals in place for each department. The benefit is seeing employees grow from each evaluation.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Great Performance Review Product"

What do you like best?

One of the great things about Trakstar is the ease of use of the software. It is self-explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Having to log in with my company name and user name every time. I would prefer it held this information so all I would have to do is type in my password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have all of your information ready to go in advance of starting the set up process. it can be time consuming to complete in sections. Complete all processes at one time.

Employees are on track with their development because they are aware of where they stand. Employees are engaged with their success as goals/milestones/etc. are clearly defined and in writing.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Nice interface and good features "

What do you like best?

Seems small, but my favorite feature is the ability to log in as any employee. It makes troubleshooting over the phone so easy! The system is also extremely customizable.

What do you dislike?

Some small items are not intuitive. For example, after clicking "approve appraisal," you see the appraisal and have to click again to approve. Employees who aren't using it as often as HR don't find it clear.

Digitizing or appraisal process is great and we've saved time because employees and supervisors can access their old reviews without calling HR. We also save time by having automated reminder emails

Trakstar review by Stephanie U.
Stephanie U.

"Great Evaluation features"

What do you like best?

The product is customizable to the needs of your organization.

What do you dislike?

We utilize nearly all features of the product and have not really found anyth

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with the team to view demos. They are willing to show you the entire product.

Anonymous evaluations with the option to not be anonymous. We have realized better communication between employees and are able to solve problems that are seen by others, not just the manager.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Trakstar- Awesome Performane Evaluation Tool"

What do you like best?

Trakstar gives me the freedom the create and modify my own template. Due to changes and expectations we often have to modify our templates and Trakstar gives the account administrator the freedom to make modifications as needed.

I also like the auto-save function. Time to time we often forget to save our work, but with Trakstar you do not need to worry about this.

What do you dislike?

The process to unapproved the evaluation can be better.

As an HR, it is important to have a good tool to measure the success of employees. With Trakstar I am able to send notification reminders to employees on the evaluation time line and access to all current and past review in one place. Previously our agency uses a word document, so it was difficult to access and track the status of the review during the evaluation period.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Great flexibility and shape ability for our needs. Great customer service when called upon. Way better than what we were utilizing before.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updates and trainings are online, and can be impersonal versus being able to troubleshoot with a tech one on one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to try other solutions first, go ahead. But I believe that Trakstar provides the easiest and most cost-effective solution that works best for my company.

Ease of use. We wanted to utilize less paper and paper storage and provide a solution that would place our reviews online for all out employee across the country

Trakstar review by Emma T.
Emma T.

"Great Website"

What do you like best?

It is easy to score appraisals as well as carry goals over from one appraisal to the next. The tutorials in the Help section are great

What do you dislike?

Sometimes appraisal can carry through at wrong date periods, etc. However all problems can be easily fixed.

Trakstar gives employees a place to keep their goals and go back into to remind themselves what they should be working towards

Trakstar review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"Great Experience with Trakstar!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Trakstar was the easy configuration and changes could be made in a matter of seconds.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I cant see the entire page of the performance review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! We are small company, and the price of this tool was great for us.

Our company did not have an aligned way to handle performance reviews.

Trakstar review by Hillary S.
Hillary S.

"Love Trakstar!"

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness of the system. It is very customizable to the organization`s own values and procedures. We also love the dashboard it makes updating on progress a breeze.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike. However, it would be nice for managers to see their manager`s subordinates appraisal while still in scoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trakstar is forward thinking and very easy to use! Great if you are looking to replace an outdated appraisal process.

Trakstar and effective appraisals will keep the organization growing and improving. Benefits of Trakstar include an open dialogue. The design of the appraisals allows for a constructive, beneficial conversation.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Functionality of Trakstar"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is easy to use for the administrator and the employee. Our organization was using paper review forms and we were worried that employees would be resistant to the Trakstar implementation. However, the system is simple enough that the transition was seamless.

What do you dislike?

The initial training we received could have been better. Thankfully we were able to figure a lot of it out on our own.

Prior to Trakstar, it was difficult to stay organized with paper reviews. The process was time consuming and honestly, ineffective, Also, we are better able to track data generated from the reviews with Trakstar

Trakstar review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great tool, great support, great experience"

What do you like best?

Customizable forms, customizable rating scales, total 360 degree review experience, ability to HRIS sync from our payroll tool to this tool, and very user friendly! Support always answers within a 1/2 day of any ticket we've put in.

What do you dislike?

Not an all in one, i.e. payroll, accounting, performance, benefits, etc....It would be nice to be able to do it all from one application. Trakstar has every other individual app we have used beat by a landslide though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend product - great price, great support, great tool!

Wage gaps, succession planning, performance issues addressed in better detail, performance plans implemented, ability to see past performance reviews right there, better feedback from employees outside main office, better feedback from managers.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Once familiar with the tool, failry easy to get around."

What do you like best?

The admin access I had and how that was pretty easy to navigate in and then proxy in as other users.

What do you dislike?

If I did have questions or need help, assistance was often confusing or delayed, or in a few instances wrong

Goal Cascading. The functionality for a Manager to cascade a goal should be there. I shouldn't have had to enter the goals into a peer and then "cascade" that way. That's not cascading, that's sharing. Cascading starts from the Top Down. this was a huge pain point for me and caused a lot of frustration with my leadership because they didn't understand why they couldn't cascade until they entered the goal in manually to one of their directs before being able to share it..

Performance Management and Goal Setting

Tracking is always beneficial

Trakstar review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Clearly created by people who know HR"

What do you like best?

I love the email reminders I can set up and also the notes sections. As HR, every conversation I have with an employee or manager, I comment- add this to your Trakstar!

What do you dislike?

At this point, I have not found anything with the software I do not like

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have vetted and used several PM systems and Trakstar is at the top. Implementation was amazingly easy and love that Trakstar does the initial training for all staff.

Reduction of paper, transparency - allowing admin to see if anyone is not completing

Trakstar review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"One year in - What an improvement!"

What do you like best?

We migrated from old-school paper format to the Trakstar software and what a difference! Even though the software forced us to address gaps in our protocol, the software itself is very intuitive and made the transition much easier!

What do you dislike?

Our biggest challenge is fitting a niche consulting firm into the more standard "box" the software comes prepopulated with; but with some learning curve and adjustments we are making it more customized for our unique industry.

Time and efficiency - we are freeing up much of that by using the streamlined software with it's auto-generated prompts/reminders.

Trakstar review by Jenny T.
Jenny T.

"Review of Trakstar"

What do you like best?

Ability to customize reviews by position.

What do you dislike?

The way the supervisors are set up (1 up, 2 up) can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love that the system provides a place for employees and supervisors to track notes all year round. Also think the goals are a great feature.

Tracks all performance evaluations. Solves problem of inconsistency in rating practices.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

The ability to tailor the form to our company requirements/expectations has been great. It allows us to set appraisals up more consistently and thus be able to more effectively utilize the appraisal process for development.

What do you dislike?

The inability to sort the archived by year of appraisal has made some things more difficult. Also, we utilize a field for "additional consideration" that is outside of the rateable components - it would be good to have the ability to have this added in the total final score.

The appraisal process has been cumbersome in the past. This caused a lot of frustration and too much time spent on the administrative part of the process.

Trakstar allows us to spend less time on the administrative and more time on the actual information and assessment.

Trakstar review by Brooke F.
Brooke F.

"Trakstar has allowed us to start conducting appraisals again for our growing team."

What do you like best?

Trakstar is very user friendly. I love the new dashboard to see everything at a glace.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult for managers to remember to archive appraisals. I'm happy the new auto-archive feature has been added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Suggestion for Trakstar - add title to org chart. This would be a world of help to me to not maintain somewhere else and give the ability to pull into a PDF to print.

This is allowing the opportunity to hear from employees by asking open-ended questions in the self appraisals and for managers to be accountable for their teams.

Trakstar review by Brianna M.
Brianna M.

"Great Software tool for reviewing"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use and manage reviews for the whole team. Team members can log into weekly to keep track of their goals.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to recall reviews back without losing all the data already submitted on there.

We are using this to track everyone progress throughout the year and for end year reviews.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Making life simple"

What do you like best?

The best part of Trakstar is the notifications and reminders. I no longer have to constantly be telling people when they have reviews coming up or past due or anything like that.

What do you dislike?

The toughest things so far have been teaching everyone to use the software and the initial implementation process. Worth getting over those hurdles though.

Reviews are hugely important for our company culture and employees feeling like they have a voice and avenue to speak. Trakstar helps us stay accountable and get that done.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Pleased customer, that doesnt utilize the full capabalitiy of the software."

What do you like best?

The feature that notifies employees, and follows up with them on deadlines.

What do you dislike?

Hard to determine the settings when closing the review, as far as what the employee will see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think we are under-trained, so we under utilize the system. I think that any training programs to keep users up to date is a great, maybe even an incentive for doing webinars. I know the responsibility ultimately falls on the store, however anything to push us to training would be a plus for both parties.

The main problem we are solving is getting our employees to work as a team. We have realized that we can implement changes to personnel or job descriptions that the program has identified.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Happy TrakStar Customer"

What do you like best?

TrakStar is very user friendly, for both administrators and employees. The support team has also been very helpful when I approach them with questions on how to do something my executive team has requested.

What do you dislike?

When I search the Support page it doesn't seem to divulge all I know is there.

Our annual perfomance reviews are much easier, and more timely. Our employees appreciate the opportunity to keep track of their progess throughout the year, making their yearly review less stressful.

Trakstar review by Katie A.
Katie A.

"Easy set up with great customer support!"

What do you like best?

The system is so intuitive and the set up was easy. The customer service is great too.

What do you dislike?

Not much, yet. This is our first performance management system so I don't have much else to compare it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the plunge. You'll be happy, I promise.

We want fair and clear evaluations and a method that makes it easy for everyone to participate.

The benefits at this point is the ease of having a portal to take notes on weekly progress.

Trakstar review by Drithal K.
Drithal K.

"Easily manageable and easy rating process"

What do you like best?

defined competencies available and easy use and creation of templates

What do you dislike?

the hierarchy process and some of the navigation in the tool

Resources wanted a simple tool to track performance. TrakStar has made that possible without the intense management of evaluations and lengthy processes

Trakstar review by Nina S.
Nina S.

"Appraisals made easy"

What do you like best?

This system was set up

With ease- Trakstar people really made it come together.. and the more we use it the better it seems to get.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything. It's only difficulty is people. Some are slow to come around to change. But even those have started to see how much easier Trakstar is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is working well for us

MultirTer or even just the ability for notes/comments to be made by other supervisors has been great!

Trakstar review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"President/CEO"

What do you like best?

I like the one on one undisturbed meetings with my reports

What do you dislike?

would like to have some sort of trakStar system to use on a by-monthly basis

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a committee review TrakStar before implementation. get their buy in before telling everyone they must use it. then train, train and train again.

We have seen more communications between senior staff and their reports. employees are more apt to go to their supervisors rather than grumble and talk behind their back.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy, customizable and budget friendly"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is very easy to use and customizable to our needs. I can easily adjust on the fly and create templates to make creating new review forms quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as intuitive as I initially thought once I started using it. It took a while to figure out where to go and how to make changes. Once I did navigate around for a bit it got easier and easier.

We took our check-ins off excel spreadsheets and into this system. We solved for ease of use, easy to make mass updates, reporting features we never had before, and automatic reminders and updates making admin a bit easier as well.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"TrakStar is the most effective Performance Management tool I have ever used."

What do you like best?

I love that both supervisors and employees can add comments throughout the review period, rather than just waiting for the actual document at the end of the time frame. It makes the end product that much more effective because the notes are in real time, include specific details, and are created when events are fresh in your mind. It is a much more comprehensive approach.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about the product. It is straightforward and requires very little training. It is customizable, making it even more relevant to the participants.

Employees now consider the review process as more effective, and much less painful. It takes less time, and provides better results.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Review of Trakstar"

What do you like best?

Creating review templates is very easy and the system is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

We haven't rolled out Trakstar yet so this may become apparent once the system is live, but at this point, I can't go to an employee and see the review he/she is assigned. Reviews are assigned by positions so it's tricky to do QC/QA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all employees are loaded with correct titles and that you get consensus with your leaders on review content early in the process.

Again, haven't rolled it out yet, but I am anticipating the ease of our field office employees completing reviews, and more opportunities for senior leaders to discuss results before reviews are rolled down.

Trakstar review by Katie T.
Katie T.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Workflow was easy for employees to understand and navigate.

What do you dislike?

We wanted to do a separate workflow for 360 feedback after EOY reviews and it wasn't apparently easy to set up a separate workflow at a different time period. That would be something to work on setting up.

Saved time from doing a manual workflow ourselves and much cleaner and simpler to keep the reviews in Trakstar.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Looking to simplify and visualize your review platform? Go no further..."

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive and straightforward! Great for organizations looking to do more frequent "light-weight" reviews.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is you are unable to change some of the terminology that is baked into the system - such as the term "multi-rater" (360).

We were challenged with ditching the traditional one-time per year, manager driven performance review. We needed a platform that would fit our simple new philosophy of "employee driven - ongoing feedback"

Trakstar review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Streamlined and straightforward performance management"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is easy to set up, easy to manage, and easy to present to all levels of an organization. It's pretty intuitive.

What do you dislike?

No major dislikes, but I would like an easier path to jumping in and out of different user accounts when troubleshooting and tracking progress.

This is our first centralized performance management system, and we wanted something noninvasive and with a short learning curve. We particularly like the goal setting and tracking feature.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Good so far!"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use. It is also easy to navigate as the Administrator - easy to make changes.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to go back to a comment and connect it to a goal or competency after the fact.

I wish it would date stamp the comments instead of saying "28 days ago".

Instant feedback is nice. I also like having a place to archive feedback throughout the year.

Trakstar review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"I am the administrator of the system and am responsible for HR."

What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive and easy to use.

The system allows for comments during the year.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything at this time that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan for your company's needs so that you can make the most of your time with the Trakstar implementation team.

Improved feedback to employees.

Streamlining the process for administering evaluations.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Amazing System that Does the Job!"

What do you like best?

Trakstar was well thought out and is easy to implement and to use. The team is knowledgeable to work with and our organization loves it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that an employee cannot have two managers in the system and two managers can't provide feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's affordable, easy and fun to use.

We are solving a problem of moving away from paper and managing performance on an on-going basis. It's given us one platform for our employees to add notes and share feedback with peers.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Trakstar review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. Our employees like it, and it has allowed us to implement our performance management program. We previously had none.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had more of a social media feel, as we employ a lot of Millenials. I believe we would have even greater use and involvement in this platform.

We did not have any performance management program, annual reviews, or employee recognition prior to TrakStar.

Trakstar review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Very helpful and useful tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to understand and navigate. I was able to figure out what the next steps were with my review and goals process.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind! There were moments where it would have been nice to see my progress or notes on whether or not I was on the right track, examples, etc.

Better ways to handle reviews and goals for employees. This helped manage both of those!

Trakstar review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Trakstar is helpful, but sometimes confusing."

What do you like best?

It is easy enough to find a specific employee or supervisor to see what they have outstanding for reviews.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to navigate between different review cycles.

The reminders are very helpful in ensuring that supervisors turn in their reviews on time.

"Our Experience"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly software for our employees.

What do you dislike?

We are on our second year, very few complaints yet.

We are a small organization and everyone wears multiple hats, so it was hard to ensure that all appraisals were completed in a timely manner when they were on paper, as they would flow through multiple people. Now everything is streamlined with notices to managers and employees. We have a good process that works for us and makes it a stress free process on our HR staff.

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

The interface is great -- it's clean and simple. We appreciate how user friendly it is which makes the platform even better for all employees and managers.

What do you dislike?

Takes a little time to get up to speed on how it all works

Completing bi-annual surveys in a consistent manner across all departments and not doing it in Survey Monkey! The accountability we have now is huge!

Trakstar review by Cindy K.
Cindy K.

"Make-A-Wish International "

What do you like best?

Trakstar has been a blessing for our organization. It's user friendly and the staff and support group are always there to help when a question comes up.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we dislike about Trakstar.

Benefit is you can set a date to remind you when reviews are coming due. Another advantage is that everything for every employee is right there to see.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Versatile and Compact"

What do you like best?

The IT group and customer service manager is great at teaching various features in the system as well as helping to use the features to customize for our employees.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is not very good but seems to be just about on par with other systems I've viewed in the same price range.

We are able to keep the evaluations together in a compact space which makes it easy to organize. We also recently found that ad hoc appraisals are easy to set up and use which allows us to add evaluations for different projects rather than twice a year.

Trakstar review by Sonora S.
Sonora S.

"Interesting platform, could use a few updates "

What do you like best?

easy it is to maneuver through each section.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the platform is not easily customizable.

Employee talent development

Trakstar review by Beth T.
Beth T.

"Associate Director of Human Resources"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; training modules; attentiveness of customer service.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything to dislike! It is easy to support for our end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service has been very responsive. Implementation went smooth and follow-up is on target.

Performance appraisals and performance management. Would like to implement the succession planning in the near future.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Great platform that support company wide 360 feedback and performance reviews "

What do you like best?

The 360 or multi-rater feedback engine, it is awesome

What do you dislike?

It is hard to setup your own things without help, the admin part is fine, but as soon as I need to setup new appraisals etc, I need help from them it is always complicated and I get lost

our business has no formal review process, and no feedback loops about our people, this solved that.

Trakstar review by Francine S.
Francine S.

"Trakstar is a fast and efficient way to provide performance feedback to our employees worldwide."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and the recent upgrades make the system much more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customization we would like to do to the system is not possible.

This tool has enabled us to easily provide performance management and tracking to our employees who are situated all over North America !

Trakstar review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Our company has been utilizing Trakstar for employee performance appraisals."

What do you like best?

Trakstar automates the employee performance review process. I like multi-user function to complete employee reviews, you can jot down notes/goals, and it is easy to use the program.

What do you dislike?

I think our company needs to streamline the email functionality - seems like employees get a lot of email reminders to complete tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see enhanced functionality in establishing performance goals for employees and tracking how they are doing to achieve those goals and what they need to continue to work on.

Trust and Wealth Management

Banking/Finance

Trakstar review by Lydia W.
Lydia W.

"Trakstar . . . An excellent performance management tool"

What do you like best?

Trakstar is great to work with and the software is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. Excellent tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no specific recommendations other than to listen to the staff at Trakstar. They have a lot of best practices and provide helpful insight.

It was a goal of our board and management to have a performance measurement tool in place. Trakstar made this difficult process easier with its 100+ competencies and helpful staff.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Trakstar Evaluation Tool"

What do you like best?

On line access for both supervisor and employee

Tracking system for evaluations to be done timely

Supervisor can provide notes throughout the year

What do you dislike?

Setting up goals and measurements can be confusing.

Employee and supervisor engagement throughout the year

Review of supervisor evaluations by HR ensures a more consistent process

Trakstar review by User

"Incremental Review"

What do you like best?

How the employee and supervisor can share the things that they want each other to be a bee to view.

What do you dislike?

Goal measurements can be difficult to measure based on options given.

Providing supervisors and employees a format to have one-on-one discussions on an regular basis throughout the year.

Trakstar review by Melissa E.
Melissa E.

"Efficient Performance Tracking"

What do you like best?

Trakstar allows ample customization for our company. We have a unique company so the customization has been very beneficial to us.

What do you dislike?

This is our second year using Trakstar and so far we do not have anything negative to say.

We have a more efficient process for performance measurement now.

Trakstar review by User in Information Technology and Services

"If you have to do reviews, this is a great tool. "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Trakstar is ability to leave notes to yourself about your direct reports on a regular basis. It makes it a lot easier to review someone once every 6 months if you have reminders of things that they've done throughout the time and aren't just reviewing based on "what have you done for me lately."

What do you dislike?

Setting up a new employee is cumbersome.

I have been able to quantitatively audit my employees each month and can see patterns in their quality of work.

Trakstar review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Great for goal setting and tracking."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to set goals and and track their progress throughout the year. Being able to update progress at any given time is beneficial. It allows you to keep track of accomplishments that you might otherwise forget about at a yearly review.

What do you dislike?

Remembering to login! I appreciate the emails reminders I receive on this.

This is a great tool for employee appraisals, as it allows both the employee and their supervisor to connect through the year.

Trakstar review by Bonnie M.
Bonnie M.

"Administrator for Trakstar - good product"

What do you like best?

Very easy for users, notes can be hidden from managers or visible so employees can track all year, employees can see manager comments throughout the year. Support is always kind when I ask questions...which is often

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are a lot of steps as an administrator. Hard to find issues when it could be in so many different locations.

Transitioning from paper to electronic was wonderful.

"Helpful Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The online videos are clear and informative

What do you dislike?

Calling the office tends to always go to voicemail.

Performance appraisals have been easy to use and our company is using regularly.

Trakstar review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"I love the new look!"

What do you like best?

The better search functionality and ease of transitioning between profiles.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything that I do not like.

Better feedback on a more consistent basis. We can reset the feedback forms at intervals that we set.

Trakstar review by Diane S.
Diane S.

"Performance Evaluation Application Review"

What do you like best?

The trakstar application is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Overall, TrakStar is easy to use and fits our needs. Some functions are not intuitive, like the printing option. It's not easy to see and most people miss it.

This helps us to complete our annual performance evaluations.

"Great Performance Tracking"

What do you like best?

The ability to create templates per position is incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

Mass importing new employees per year is difficult to do.

We are uncovering communication issues with employees and their supervisors and providing them a quick, easy way to provide feedback on their work.

Learn more about Trakstar

Trakstar Videos

Learning about Trakstar?

* We monitor all Trakstar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.