Trakstar

Trakstar

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software helps HR and your organization manage feedback, goals and reviews. You can build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. 360/Multi-rater feedback is an option. Trakstar's rich feature set and visually appealing interface are available at a reasonable cost. Implementation is customized for you. Trakstar offers a free trial, price quote, or a live demo from a real person.

Work for Trakstar?

Learning about Trakstar?

Trakstar Reviews

Ask Trakstar a Question
Showing 119 Trakstar reviews
Trakstar review by <span>Amy W.</span>
Amy W.

Easy to use, simple to manage

What do you like best?

I love how streamlined everything is. You don't have to constantly save for fear of losing your progress -- the tool does it for you. You can easily track your progress when creating goals, entering outcomes, rating yourself, rating others, etc. It is so easy, as an end user, to manage my PR/GS process.

What do you dislike?

The tool is very easy to use and easy to customize for your own organization. If anything, I think the ability to import goals should be improved. As it was, we had to manually take goals and progress from our old tool and individually add it to each user's account. It would have been great (for the one-time migration at least) to be able to import. It would have cut two weeks out of our project timeline.

We had a very clunky performance management system previously and this helped us with adoption.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trakstar
Trakstar review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

Awesome tool for a one stop shop for annual reviews and employee development planning.

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and allowed easy automation of employee self assessment, 360 reviews, customized scale and notes/file upload. Though we just implemented a month before reviews this year, I see myself using for record keeping, goal setting and coaching moving forward. The ability to easily copy comments from the 360 responses made the review process easy and efficient. What I really love is that employees can make comments on themselves throughout the year. Makes it a two way record keeping system which is really helpful for reviews and development planning/coaching.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if it is due to the settings we have internally, but when I requested 360 feedback users had to log in to get notified. An email trigger would be more helpful.

Annual reviews, performance management, employee development.

This a fantastic tool that will help promote better reviews, more strategic development plans and efficiency!

What Performance Management solution do you use?

Trakstar review by <span>Lolita  J.</span>
Lolita J.

Good Tool for Employee Reviews

What do you like best?

I like that our employees can complete reviews online rather than using paper.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Multiple Supervisors can be assigned to one employee. Multi-Rater is a nice feature but it's a little time consuming for Managers. If we could assign multiple supervisors to have access to the employees review it would eliminate the time and effort to have one manager go in and send a multi-rater request.

I like that Trakstar has reminders in place to keep employees engage with completing their accomplishments throughout the year prior to their official review date. I just wish that I had a little more initiative from the employees to actually take notes regularly but I know that they can get very busy and forget or push off monthly notes.

Trakstar review by <span>Jonathan W.</span>
Jonathan W.

Easy, Breezy, Performance Management Tool

What do you like best?

Compared to several other products I've demo'd and used, Trakstar provides a clean and simple user interface. There are all the features needed to conduct effortless evaluations of staff members. Great features include easy management of evaluations from one screen for administrators, attractive colors that clearly highlight buttons for next steps, the ability to proxy, a thorough competency library, and excellent support and training resources. The time to implement the software was only a few weeks, without any need for custom programming or coding. The platform also supports SAML 2.0 single sign on so that users have one less password to remember. Trakstar has proven to be an essential and well-liked tool in my office.

What do you dislike?

There are few areas for improvement, though not deal breakers, when it comes to using the platform. On PDF print outs of evaluations, there is not the ability to add certain fields like employee ID, despite this being information Trakstar requires for each user. It would also be nice if managers had a dashboard similar to administrators so that they could manage the approval process for all evaluations from one screen, versus having to click into each staff member's profile.

Using Trakstar has streamlined and digitized the performance evaluation process in my office.

Trakstar review by <span>Amy M.</span>
Amy M.

Decent System

What do you like best?

The system has a lot to offer. I like best that I can log in as the user and see exactly what they are seeing. It is so helpful to assist employees/managers with the process. I also think the rater bias is excellent and very useful. It allows us to see what managers "overrate".

What do you dislike?

The reviews are too cumbersome. This could be a result of the reviews our company set up in the system. I also do find the system a little confusing with the review/approvers and the way the process gets held up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not involved in implementation so I don't know exactly how our company set the system up. I would recommend to companies not to make the reviews so long and the questions redundant.

Our employees haven't received raises in many years and never had a formal performance review. This allows our employees to feel valued. I was recently hired here and was asked to complete the review process for the entire company using Trakstar. It has been stagnant for a while.

Trakstar review by <span>Pete L.</span>
Pete L.
Invitation from the software vendor

Reviews you can look forward to

What do you like best?

Trakstar is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. I have been looking for a review program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if I would call it a 'dislike', but the setup of new job competencies is a little time consuming. Not nearly as painful as the last review program we used, but this is a detail that takes some time and energy. Trakstar does make it an understandable and intuitive process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are in the middle of full implementation of Trakstar. Everything from training to setup to being about 1/2 way done with our full team's reviews has been very high quality. I'm excited to have Trakstar as part of our company.

One of my favorite features of the program is the ability to keep track of periodic 1 on 1 meetings or impromptu meetings using the "Notes" feature. All too often when preparing an annual review, I have found myself needing to jog my memory or search for significant meetings, employee notes, reprimands, etc. in order to put together a quality review. Trakstar makes it easy by including the "Notes" feature with each employee. I can even take a few minutes every month to send out kudos to any employee for a job well done. This is extremely valuable when it comes time to look at the whole year's performance. These "Notes" are either visible to the employee or just the manager. AWESOME.

Learn more about Trakstar

Trakstar Videos

Learning about Trakstar?

* We monitor all Trakstar reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.