Travis CI

Test and Deploy with Confidence. Easily sync your GitHub projects with Travis CI and you'll be testing your code in minutes!

Work for Travis CI?

Learning about Travis CI?

Travis CI Reviews

Showing 67 Travis CI reviews
Travis CI review by Israel L.
Israel L.

"One of the best tools I've used to deploy applications"

What do you like best?

I knew the tool thanks to the Github platform, it seemed extraordinary the integration that these two platforms have, just by doing 'push' to my repository I could automate validation, integration and deployment tasks with only 1 command. In addition to this you can integrate the tool with Telegram Bot to be aware of the status of the deployment of the application. This is a good tool to use next to github.

What do you dislike?

when you want to do mass deployment process, the configuration becomes a bit complex, since it does not provide tools to perform these processes from the web interface, you must have advanced technical knowledge if you want to achieve good results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool to all those who want to automate their development processes and deployment of applications

Thanks to this tool, the unit testing processes, massive deployment of applications, were automated. The times for deployment to production were reduced.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Travis CI
Travis CI review by Jonathon P.
Jonathon P.

"Keeping our code honest and consistent!"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an environment where you can essentially set anything up like you would locally via your terminal. Using Travis CI also keeps everyones code constant with the linter rules in place, and in the beginning helped with learning what in the code needs to be done before deploying it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if a Pull Request was not properly merged with the master branch that Travis CI uses to check against it will fail. So if the references don't match it just breaks, but maybe its just my works setup with Travis. Sometimes Travis feels like it takes longer than it should, but I think this is situational.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure if you want to use it to build your environment that it meets all the requirements. Basically don't just assume Travis CI is the solution for you.

We use Travis to keep our code honest.

We use it for tests to make sure it passes before deploy.

We use it as the middle man.

Benefits:

Keeps code constitant

Catches errors with tests

Updates linter rules as per the parent it calls from

What Continuous Integration solution do you use?

Travis CI review by Jim Ryan Z.
Jim Ryan Z.

"Better CI for your projects"

What do you like best?

Travis has been a very good experience to me compared to using other CI. We went from CircleCI to this because of it's simplicity, the config is very easy and the documentation is really good for the newcomers to using CI's.

What do you dislike?

The UI I think is the weakest part of Travis, compared to some other CI's, it'd lacking in that front, but not in very wide gap though. Something clean and really modern would do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis CI is one of the best CI's I have ever used. It has great support for web development, is very accessible for new users, has several integrations with other software to make it even better and just overall faster and stabler than any other CI's i have used. The UI though, although satisfactory could be better.

We use Travis CI as a tool for checking if tests are working before we deploy them. We use it as a measure if a pull request for our application is good for deployment. It also has integration with slack and chrome has been really good overall.

Travis CI review by User in Internet

"Travis-ci makes for painless CI"

What do you like best?

Integrating Travis into a project is essentially painless. Create a simple config file and Travis takes care of the rest, even if your app needs to be built via Docker containers or other modern delivery mechanisms.

What do you dislike?

If you have a lot of devs and a lot of projects, sometimes builds will get held up in a queue.

By switching to Travis we were able to decommission our Home-grown Jenkins infrastructure that nobody on the team really cared to maintain or keep updated. Builds are generally faster and we can more easily have multiple builds at the same time.

Having Travis results directly in GitHub makes reviewing pull requests more informative as well.

Travis CI review by Igor R.
Igor R.

"They make a better place for open source community"

What do you like best?

Most of the open source libraries use TravisCI - that's what makes TravisCI pretty - love how they support open source community.

What do you dislike?

Had some troubles time ago to set up a private repository - not sure how it's working for private one now on - but it was so complicated awhile ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do have an open source library, go ahead and use TravisCI, please do what the most the open source libraries are doing.

All my open source libraries use TravisCI - just for open source libraries hosted by GitHub

Travis CI review by User

"Easy to integrate, useful CI tool"

What do you like best?

It integrates well with GitHub, automatically running tests for new commits, so we don't have to manually ourselves. Forces users to ensure their code is tested before merging with master. The integration is fairly simple with just a configuration file. Granted, if you have a more complex build, this integration can be more complex. Their documentation is fairly extensive though which is good.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit clunky to use and the view for builds could load faster. It also can get pricey for the paid versions for a startup. If you have multiple team mates collaborating, the list of builds waiting can queue up meaning you're waiting potentially hours (if each build takes 30min).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool saves developers a lot of time and ensures higher quality output from an engineering team. I would definitely recommend it and if you have an Open Source project, it's free too.

We use it mainly for automated tests and continuous deployment for our staging environment. It saves our developers time from handling these tasks that take somewhere between 30-60minutes each time. And instead free them up to be working on other things. It means all code is now always tested routinely without any excuses for lack of time/laziness.

Travis CI review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Simple, powerful and easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with Github, when it adds visual information to a pull request to let you see how a build is progressing and what problems it has (if any).

I love that it's very easy to configure without any hassle.

I love the badge you can put on a website or in your readme to show whether the build is passing or not.

I love the fact that it has built-in support to deploy to other vendors, like Heroku

What do you dislike?

Difficult to build native .Net projects without using Mono, but that's more of a disappointment with the .Net build ecosystem and not a fault of Travis as such.

Also, pricing - I've only had need to use the free open-source tier, as all the projects I've worked with are open source, but the price of the first paid tier ($129 per month!) is, for me, quite prohibitive and really puts me off making the leap to pay for it.

If there was an even cheaper tier, for example one which was say $30 per month with 1 concurrent job and limited minutes per month, but allowed private repositories, then I would probably make that jump. I just feel there's a big gap in the entry-level pricing tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and not be put of by big words like "continuous deployment". It was so easy to use.

Developing a website for my wedding with another developer. We quickly realised the benefits of Continuous Deployment specifically, and more importantly, how easy it was to set it all up. Everyone should be doing this!

Travis CI review by Mario C.
Mario C.

"Travis for Open Source CI"

What do you like best?

Travis really shines on their language support as well as capabilities. Its UI is nice, very nice, with a dashboard that allows you to check the status of 6 or 7 projects at the same time (depending on your screen size and resolution) and their status.

What do you dislike?

The real downside of Travis is that you need to add a file to your project to start using it. This is mandatory today and this file can be quite complex. This leads to some "useless" commits just to correct some configuration in this file and check if it works on the Travis dashboard. Once you tweak the file correctly, you don't have problems anymore with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis is being used in many open source projects already which is a very good sign. I really like it but today I would prefer to used something like Drone.io for my CI. I haven't introduce CI or CD into my workflow as to take time from my development schedule and Travis fits quite nice (once you configure it correctly).

Travis is very well suited for open source projects as it has direct Github support with a simply click so, if you are it the open source community, give it a try.

I use Travis in my open source personal projects as my main CI workflow. I mainly use it in the most common way: to check unit tests that I have on the project every time I made a push to Github and feel sure that I haven't broken anything.

Travis CI review by Csaba K.
Csaba K.

"Travis CI review"

What do you like best?

I like Travis CI because it is really simple. All the configuration is in just one YAML file. We can list all the build steps we want in the build lifecycle with simple commands, just like as we do in the terminal. No GUI clicking, building is required. The second best thing is the GitHub integration, which is flawless. You just add the conf file, enable the repo, and you got full integrated CI with your GitHub repo. Finally, as an open source developer, i love that Travis CI is free for all OSS repos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the service has outages, but i am not a customer of the paid product, only the free for open source projects. The build machines are also little bit slow. The CI is simple, but maybe too simple: you cannot see your working directory, cannot add new SDKs easily etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend it.

If you are familiar with terminal environments this is the CI for you.

Travis CI review by Hamilton T.
Hamilton T.

"My OSS project was the highest-capacity user in the US, and I couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

* Incredibly fast - jobs are started nearly instantly

* good limits for free tiers

* very IT savvy and customer-centric support team - they reached out to us about hitting limits and understood our software limits that were triggering some issues

What do you dislike?

* website is occasionally slow or laggy, could be slimmed down

* Programmatic APIs are not the quickest

* Team is slow(ish) to respond on complex github issues (granted, I was on a free tier!)

* No mechanisms for dynamic build matrix configuration, it must be done statically

* * This is often called "touchstone" builds in other CI systems, and by executing initial sanity checks and then scheduling followup builds you can prevent unneeded resource consumption and get the max value out of your current limit tier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy in, Travis is worth it. GitLab's runners are modeled after Travis jobs and are quite similar, but GitLab does not provide the same level of amazing support

Needed very rapid develop-iterate cycle to help convince OSS community members to devote their free time to our (quite complex) software stack that needed a *lot* of experts from different fields. We saw community interaction increase massively (4x) after we started using Travis-CI as domain experts were able to quickly propose a pull request and have Travis help them verify it without them needing to set up a 3-computer system just to run a benchmark and verify the output.

Travis CI review by Alexander K.
Alexander K.

"Continious integration, deployment and test automation with Travis"

What do you like best?

The best of Travis CI is it's user-friendly GitHub integration. If you are using popular programming language - you will not get any problems. Moreover Travis CI provides huge capabilities for further customization. You can use default patterns to configure your build, tests and deployment or write it by your hands, because Travis CI provides Linux shell where you can do anything you want. Travis CI docs are also user frienly and easy to understand.

Good integration with some services like Coveralls, Docker Hub.

What do you dislike?

You can use Travis CI only for Linux and Mac builds. If you need only windows - Travis CI is not your choise.

If you are needed to use sudo - your build will start on low priority outdated infrastructure. That means longer build time and longer queues.

Advanced configuration requires good knoledge in linux command line instruments, because there is no graphic interface for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomend to try it by yourself. Just open docs, find your programming language and enjoy!

I am using Travis CI to test my libraries, upload coverage to coveralls and deploy documentation to GitHub Pages. The main benifits are from GitHub integration. With Travis CI you no longer need to check build state for the different platfors of the pull requests by yourself, Travis will do it for you. After merge Travis CI will deploy documentation, binaries, make a tag, publish, or anything you want it to do automatically.

Travis CI review by Nikolay G.
Nikolay G.

"Great tool for improve software quality"

What do you like best?

Integration with github is great and allows to simply run tests on commits and monitor health of the project.

Pull request checking is also a major, especially for a large open source project, because it simplifies pull request review process.

Run tests on multiple configurations and multiple python versions is a great for library developers.

Travis CI dashboard is pretty clean and informative.

What do you dislike?

It became harder to setup integration with a private repositories, if you are not owner of this repo, but this might be because of github restrictions.

It might have a lack of flexibility for a large projects, but in my practice I never met this boundary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty good and could solve most of the CI related problems

I use travis CI for running tests for my github projects. It's free for a small teams and perfectly fits for a python libraries developers

Travis CI review by Tasdik R.
Tasdik R.

"One of the best CI servers in the market"

What do you like best?

I am an open source developer so naturally I have a bias for Travis CI. I mostly use Travis CI for my open source projects. And I have never felt the need to shift to another CI server out there in the market. The documentation is good and if you ever need any help, the support team is always there to help you out.

What do you dislike?

My only complain would would be linux only builds. This is where Circle CI is essentially ahead. If you are building something cross platform, you will have to use something else along with it.

They were telling about Windows support coming up in the later stages, but I don't see it anywhere soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would Travis CI to everyone who wants to automate his build automation, continous integration. It's free for open source projects so I think it is a no brainer on what to choose

Mostly all things open source. I contribute as well as make a lot of my tools open source. As because of this I get a lot of PR's on github. And running tests is essential for merging them.

Travis CI review by Mathias F.
Mathias F.

"Great tool for Continuous Integration"

What do you like best?

Before using Travis, I tried many other tools and even used TeamCity for a few months. I love how Travis is so simple and powerful at the same time. Each time I deploy anything, it's only writing a few lines to configure how Travis will test my application and everything is working right away from the first commit.

What do you dislike?

For some kinds of applications, it was a bit difficult to configure Travis. For Grails for example, I had to guess how to configure it because the documentation did not cover it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the instructions for each framework and configure the notifications correctly. If you don't get notified, there is no use for Continuous Integration.

When working as a team with TDD, it's important to keep the tests passing at any time. Travis makes it very easy to check if that's the case. If it's not, it makes the person responsible know it by annoying him with awful red colored mails until he fixes it.

Travis CI review by Ben R.
Ben R.

"Travis is my goto for any open source CI projects"

What do you like best?

Simple and flexible setup. It supports a variety of technologies, and it's free. There are many examples out on the web and the Travis docs are detailed.

What do you dislike?

Travis doesn't scale well. I currently work on a project that uses 4 matrices that each run about 30 minutes. That in and of itself isn't the bad part. Travis limits resources for non-paying customers (as they should) and it often takes a long time for tests to start running if you have many contributors (10 or more).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an open source project this is a great option to add CI to your project.

Before every pull request merge, Travis runs to ensure that our tests and some set of minimal functionality will work on the site. Without this, it'd be impossible to keep all the tests from breaking constantly.

Travis CI review by Kevin Patrick W.
Kevin Patrick W.

"Fantastic Continuous Integration System"

What do you like best?

I write some new code. I push that new code to my repo. Now it is getting built and all the tests are running on Travis CI. If they pass and everything works, that code gets deployed into production - simple and automated. Takes a little bit of configuration and setup initially but payoffs greatly in the end.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints right now. So far it has been very straight forward and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now, for independent development this system has worked great. I can't speak to larger projects or enterprise projects but I think it is worth considering if you are an independent developer or a smaller group of developers.

I usually write code online in a cloud editor. I then push my code to Github. This triggers a build of this new code in Travis CI. If this code passes the build and test process then it triggers a deployment in Heroku.

Travis CI review by Cho Yin Y.
Cho Yin Y.

"Free CI for my github projects!"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Github is the feature I like the most. Travis CI provides free continuous building with open source projects hosted on Github. Unlike other CIs, running Travis is as simple as adding a configuration file to your existing repositories on Github. The configuration file can be easily made with reference to their extensive documentation. Also, Travis allows root access which is a nice feature as well.

What do you dislike?

The builds sometimes compile very slowly. Also, since it is run on Ubuntu and its dependencies aren't always up to date, which implies one needs to add more to the configuration files, slowing the process. However, I do not think it is a big problem for me.

Also, Travis runs on Ubuntu and not on Windows, which means cross-platform compilation is made harder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Github, then Travis CI is a no brainer. Try it out!

Continuous integration for private repositories hosted in Github. Travis CI private builds are free for students through the Github Developer Pack.

Travis CI review by Filipe O.
Filipe O.

"Automation is a must have in your toolbelt"

What do you like best?

Travis is very easy to setup for any of your projects, and it's free to public projects on GitHub. The UI is great and it gives hints to help you finding out what you've configured wrong. Giving that build automation is a must have in your toolbelt nowadays, Travis is of course the best choice for public GitHub projects.

What do you dislike?

The paid plans are very pricey, which avoids me to use this great tool in my startup projects at MVP stages - in which I have no profits yet. I think there could be a cheaper plan, even if more limited, for startups at MVP, because build automation is a must.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can take a lot of advantage of using Travis for your open source projects. If you don't write tests yet, learn it now and integrate your projects with Travis. Let some tests fail and you'll understand how Travis automated build and emails are a lot helpful. The paid plans are pricey but worth the job.

I've been convinced to open source many of my private libraries only to get advantage of using Travis for free. Automated tests are very helpful on discovering issues early, and a build automation tool which emails you in case of any failure will be your best development friend. I can't think on starting a new project without Travis.

Travis CI review by Karl D.
Karl D.

"Excellent CI tool for open source projects"

What do you like best?

The absolute best thing with Travis CI is that it is free for open source projects. It is easy to connect your Github account and configure it to compile and run all your tests upon new commits. I think that Travis CI is a given choice if you are working with an open source project.

What do you dislike?

I personally wished that there were more configurations options to use. For example, one of Jenkins' strongest features is that you can configure it and personalise it with additional configurations or plugins. I wished that these options existed for Travis CI as well. Travis CI will look rather slim compared to Jenkins in certain aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you are working on a open source project.

The benefits with Travis CI is that they host and manage everything. They solve

Travis CI review by Abhas B.
Abhas B.

"The CI server you'll love to use with Github"

What do you like best?

I like most the Github integration part of Travis CI. When you have an existing Github (either open source or closed source) project, it can work seamlessly with the existing structure and integrates on 1-click without almost any effort on your part. The only thing that you need to add is a configuration file, which is usually very well documented in their docs and also shows the whole log of what happens during the build, so you can catch your mistakes easily.

What do you dislike?

Travis CI is essentially a linux only CI. They say they are working on supporting Mac as a platform too, but due to the nature of licensed products, I dont think it will be free to use for open source projects like the existing one.

It doesnt seem like a huge put-off considering that it is the best and easiest CI server I have used, but if you are working on a cross-platform tool, it is downright essential that your tests work on all platforms in the same manner so that you can save your devs the headache of maintaining and testing on different OS. That is where it falls short, it doesnt support Windows or doesnt plan to in the near future.

You might not care about programming on Windows, but you do need to care about your users on that platform and make sure that they get the same great experience as others. That is why testing on all platforms are necessary, but sadly using only Travis CI you cant do that. You need to also use something like Appveyor to test on Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis CI is not a cross-platform solution, you'll also need some other CI that builds on Windows for cross-platform projects. Appveyor can fit the bill there.

I am using Travis CI to test my python modules on linux, including some open source projects.

Earlier, it used to be that devs tested all the code on their own machines locally before pushing to Github and make sure all the tests passed. But the problem is, this test results are only available to that particular dev and so others working with him cant be sure of the code quality, specially when the submitter is new-ish. Its much better when everyone can see how that Pull Request performs with existing test cases and be sure that nothing much will be broken if it is merged.

Also, when a issue/bug is reported, it is sometimes hard to replicate for others and the question comes of whether it is because of the configuration of that particular machine, or a weird bug in the project itself. So, putting that potential bug as a test case lets us see the status on the CI and determine if it exists on a standard system.

Travis CI review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"Travis CI is an excellent test automation tool that integrates seamlessly with Github"

What do you like best?

Travis CI is a real life-saver if you need to test your application against different environments. You can test against different language runtimes, different web browsers, different web servers, you name it. The best part of this is you can mix and match these any which way using test matrices. This is just something you can't do manually.

Travis CI includes most commonly used computer languages and server technologies. However, if Travis doesn't have something that you need built-in you can script its installation yourself. As long as something can be scripted you can use it on Travis. And really, what can't be scripted?

The integration with Github is really great. Most of our staff live in Github and don't even need to go onto Travis CI's website. Every pull request and commit shows the current build status right within Github.

What do you dislike?

When trying to get a build going specifically for the Travis CI environment it's sometimes frustrating when you make a mistake and then have to wait for the entire commit process to run through before you can try your next build. It would be nice if it were easier to test Travis CI builds locally when initially developing the build.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a basic .travis.yml file to get your continuous integration going. After that there are a lot of options in .travis.yml. Make sure you check in from time to time to see what is offered.

We have a popular open source application that is run on a variety of web servers. We use Travis CI to automatically run our unit tests against the various deployment environments. We use it to test pull requests before they are merged into the master branch. We use it to test against new versions of server software before we deploy it on our infrastructure.

Our main use of Travis is to have a company-wide check to make sure our software is always correctly building.

Travis CI review by Yasmany C.
Yasmany C.

"excellent ci"

What do you like best?

Is easy to configure and allows you to get really fast to the matrix of testing scenarios and version of your application or library. It enable almost all tools available now a day. Containerized testing methodology that ensure isolation of execution and results. It enhance and support open software development, helping thousands of projects.

What do you dislike?

It does not provide a tool to debug the container on execution. It should provide an ssh kinda like tool to interact with the testing container and reduce time on debugging tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love the easiest of configuration and how quick you can get to your matrix of testing. It presents to your a great set of tools that will allow you to CI/CD and automate test in a few minutes.

CI private and open source projects.

Travis CI review by Swadesh S.
Swadesh S.

"Almost perfect CI system that still can not test for windows"

What do you like best?

The testing framework looks rock solid, it will add itself to github hook when turning tests on from travis interface. Just a push and it starts building the project. As the outputs are directly copied over from console, errors can easily be tracked. Allows root access so that is a plus. Dependencies can be cached so build times are reduced. Travis even gives you a neat icon to put anywhere to show build status. The web interface shows who last committed, i.e. who caused this build to run, build status for diff. branches and build history. It is a minimal ui approach that also does not eclipse information. Emails me with the build status.

What do you dislike?

Slow builds. Sometimes builds take ages to actually run, so much that I start to mash refresh the page. Still not platform independent, for windows, you have to look somewhere else. It runs ubuntu 12.04 so the packages aren't always updated and have to install them using travis config. dependency directive. Testing on a specific linux like RHEL (for me) could come handy as one that might not fail on ubuntu can fail on RHEL (apt and yum). For fairly standard builds, .travis.yml config is quire easy but anytime Imove to something that is not officially supported, I have to manually manage the dependencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a supported language and build framework, the first setup will be way easier this way and will not scare you away. Builds can be configured to your heart's desire but READ THE DOCS first.

Testing scripts for work is much easier now that I do not have to deploy in a VM running locally and configure it to notify.

Travis CI review by Jonathan Y.
Jonathan Y.

"Beautiful and simple interface, fast builds, deep integration with GitHub"

What do you like best?

Creating a build is very simple and consists of checking in a simple YAML file, which contains instructions for build steps. All commits to the master repository as well as any branches or pull requests are automatically built, with a check summary added to on the appropriate pull request, so that you know the code has run through all the tests successfully before merging.

Builds themselves are very fast (owing to the container-based architecture if sudo is not required) and there is a wide range of available software (other software can be installed in the Ubuntu Linux images using APT), or else pulled from S3.

The user interface is extremely simple and Travis-CI is free for open source projects that are published on GitHub.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, Travis-CI doesn't have support for Windows (this was a key strategic opportunity for AppVeyor). Unfortunately, this means cross-platform builds will be very fragmented (duplicated build configurations have to be present in both travis.yml and appveyor.yml). The Mac support is not completely seamless, because the list of available software on the machines is different (and obviously Mac doesn't support APT). It's unclear whether these are really solveable problems in general, since it's natural that there will be differences between platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an open source project on GitHub, it's practically a no-brainer, though you'll likely have to combine it with AppVeyor for cross-platform builds. Other options include Circle CI and Drone.io, both of which offer free builds for open source projects. All of these have nice build status badges that can be added to your README.

Continuous integration builds for open source projects. The key benefit is that Travis CI provides free builds, notifications, and reports/dashboards for open source projects.

Travis CI review by Tauseef R.
Tauseef R.

"Good enough for a CI, some features missing"

What do you like best?

I have been using it for only for a few weeks and the best thing is the ease of use of the travis.yml file, my framework/language is well supported, mind you. It works very well with my ruby projects and good enough with c++. The web-ui is nice enough that builds can be tracked easily. Also a good thing, the badge that can be included anywhere (most commonly in github readme.md) to track most recent build status. Another good thing is the github hook, as with every push build is triggered automagically.

What do you dislike?

Language support. One, it did not support vala projects so that was it. Two, for c++ projects to use c++11 with g++ or clang, you have to jump through a lot of hoops, change your travis.yml file and wait for something to break. Another big problem is the wait time, it takes a LOT of time for the build to start after making the latest push, this is where appveyor is better. So, if you are using travis as your only test system, don't. Windows support is also not present currently so that's a problem for VS projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis is one of the most popular CI systems out there. Although not as easy as one click, one can easily set up a project to use travis in well under an hour, for well supported systems. I recommend setting up a small test project to try it. If travis meets your specs, then go for it as it is well integrated.

The need to state build status explicitly in every push is gone. I can simply push to github and it will let others browsing my project know if this version is usable or if they have to revert to a previous release.

Travis CI review by Marco P.
Marco P.

"Must-have tool for *any* software project"

What do you like best?

Clear configuration specification, wide user community, fast support and updated software in the stack.

In addition to that, travis-ci has been a major contributor to the growth of the github ecosystem and to its community: they simply kicked out a free tool that did what an open source project could never afford to help.

Some of the project even sponsored travis-ci just because of the major involvement it had in helping the open source software folks.

In addition to that, defining matrices of supported software versions is quite easy, compared to (for example) setups like Jenkins-CI, where setting up such a matrix requires a lot of experience and time/resources.

What do you dislike?

Console output in travis-ci is not streamed, but rather "downloaded" to the client, which makes scrolling through large logs a bit painful, and sometimes causes travis-ci to "force" the download to a .txt file instead

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started and follow few major repositories in how to set it up: travis-ci is a good tool, but like every tool far from perfect.

Travis-CI is CRITICAL to software quality and long term support. Without a tool like Travis-CI, no guarantees about software quality can be given, as software upgrades are a moving target.

Basically, if you cannot prove that your software works over a quite big amount of different environments, then you cannot prove that it is stable, well supported or working at all.

Travis CI review by Kiarash T.
Kiarash T.

"Travis CL"

What do you like best?

Really like the automatic tests, makes sure nobody pushes anything to the repository if it ends up breaking the repository. So you always wait for the green like from Travis ensuring you can push.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of negative things about travis, I used it for one of my repositories but I do sometimes find it troubling which tests did it fail and why exactly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a little while to get used to, but it is a must have integration with your GitHub repositories if you need to make sure certain things to remain the same.

I'm in a non profit organization, ACM, and we use travis to make sure when we update our website with new events and workshops we don't break our repository.

Travis CI review by Micah H.
Micah H.

"A great public continuous integration service"

What do you like best?

Travis CI is a great CI service for just about any Open Source (linux-based) project.

Things they do well:

• Dead simple setup and integration.

• Easy integration with Github

• Great documentation, I've never needed to file a support ticket.

It has been a few years since I've looked into their private repository pricing, but their public service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

The wait times can sometimes get pretty long, but if you're not paying for the service, that is generally more an annoyance than a blocker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis CI is probably what you'll want to use for most Linux based Open Source projects. If you have other OS requirements, you'll probably need to look elsewhere.

We needed a simple solution for running tests on Open Source projects, and TravisCI is easy for contributors to integrate with, and reliable as a provider.

Travis CI review by Andreas P.
Andreas P.

"Automatic build with TRAVIS"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement. Took me less than 10 minutes to get builds on every commit/pull request. This is very handy because that means I can teach my oc workers abot this product as well and we can work together to always make sure that our lint rules pass, that our tests work and that no tests fail. The travis build fails if there is an error and we get alerted right away. We can even check the messages before we merge a pull request.

What do you dislike?

The automatic deploy support was not as good as I'd hoped. I ran into some troubles deploying to heroku.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. No drawbacks as far as I know.

Making the deployments more smooth, and not having to do it manually

Travis CI review by Eduardo S.
Eduardo S.

"The best hosted CI service available"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use, the UI is very simple and well thought out, and it is still powerful enough.

What do you dislike?

I think they could have a personal plan, or at least allow personal accounts to have one private repo integrated for free. I'd love to use Travis on personal projects, but I don't want to publish them nor I can pay $129 a month for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Travis CI is the best hosted CI service I have tried so far, I've tried several ones and non comes close to their level.

The fact that most open source projects are using them should be validation enough.

Automatic build of all pull requests so we can be sure all tests are passing before we start code review.

Continuous integration of our projects, testing and automatically deploying upon succesfull merge of pull requests onto our master branches

Travis CI review by Gopalakrishnan V.
Gopalakrishnan V.

"Very efficient and easy"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to integrate within your repository to automate the build and update process. Very straightforward processes and clear documentation make it helpful.

What do you dislike?

Pricing seems slightly arbitrary as it jumps from free open source to concurrent jobs. I think they need to think about what features they want to charge for and make it easier for their customers to move from one plan to another as they grow.

We used it primarily to run build scripts and keep the most current git branch updated on our hosted site. That way, the developers didn't have to handle the deployment duties and Travis was able to get the branch built and ready for QA on a regular basis.

Travis CI review by User in Research
User in Research

"Continuous Integration with Travis"

What do you like best?

Travis CI makes it easy to setup Continuous Integration services for projects hosted on Github. For open-source, public projects on Github, the service is completely free (travis-ci.org is for open-source projects, travis-ci.com for commercial).

The service allows building and testing with a large variety of supported languages.

Using a "build matrix" the code can be tested under different language versions.

After a successful build, the code can be directly deployed. Travis works well together with Heroku (heroku.com) for this purpose.

What do you dislike?

With very large test suites or very complex dependencies, builds can sometimes take some time. However, this is in inherent problem with Continuous Integration services, not limited to Travis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free Continuous Integration services for open-source, public repositories hosted on Github. Integrates well with Heroku.

Travis allows very clearly communicating the current status of a project. Builds are tested on a secondary platform, without any customizations, that is not the developer's machine, preventing the dreaded "works on my machine" problem. The ability to test under different language versions makes uncovering bugs when supporting older versions simpler.

Travis CI review by Benjamin L.
Benjamin L.

"TravisCi Is a very great product. For open source and private projects."

What do you like best?

Travis has a very nice integration with Github.

There are aware of new technological changes, before PHP7 was released we can use RC version.

It easy to launch test in parallels.

When I was student I was eligible to have 1 private repository for free.

The support is great and fast.

What do you dislike?

When they migrate to a docker infrastructure, I was experiencing some big issues with build that was not triggered and random errors.

Sometime the web site is unusable or there are missing information in the UI.

There is no good support for docker. I want to be able to test with specific docker / docker-compose version.

I'm a developper and I want my workflow to be a maximum automatic.

With travis-ci pro I was able to have my test suite executed in 30 minutes instead of 6 hours.

Travis CI review by Jonatan Ezequiel S.
Jonatan Ezequiel S.

"The most easy to run CI"

What do you like best?

The best I like it's the way that match with github projects. In my case, I'm using Travis CI to build my open source projects and projects where I work as a collaborator.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike it's how to configure. Sometimes the travis.yml file don't work as expected or some commands are not running. And you have to dedicate a little bit of time thinking on how to structure the travis.yml file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the project you want to run with travis CI take care about how to config the travis.yml file from your git repo.

In this case, are open source projects. It's a fast to start CI. I like the simplicity.

Travis CI review by Fabio d.
Fabio d.

"For me TravisCI is best tool to run tests and deploys"

What do you like best?

Well, TravisCI for me, is a group of tools that help us to maintain and make our software better, and create possibilities to integrate with another best tools. (Like Github).

During use I don't have any kind of problem with this tool, and in all the moments TravisCi help me to create your config file in your faq page, then I will continue using.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any kind of problem when I use TravisCI, for me is the best tool.

Actually my company use TravisCi with our open repositories in Github, and one that thing that help us is the toolset for PHP, and with that, help us to create better softwares easily.

For us the time to develop something is very important, and TravisCI help us a lot.

Travis CI review by Trent O.
Trent O.

"Automated testing for the uninitiated"

What do you like best?

Travis CI made it super simple to integrated automated testing into my Github repos. Auto login, auto-syncing, auto-run mocha testing, container support, content deployment, it handles everything I need it to gracefully and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The queues can get backed up sometimes, where a new job can be waiting upwards of 5-10 minutes to run. There isn't necessarily a mechanism in place to notify you when something like that occurs, or if there is, I haven't found it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the docs, this tool can do a whole lot if you know what it can do.

We needed a tool to run automated Mocha tests, trigger BrowserStack e2e tests, and upon success deploy the assets to the domain. It does those jobs wonderfully.

Travis CI review by Gabriel F.
Gabriel F.

"The amazing Travis the Tester"

What do you like best?

Travis keeps check on all my builds, running the tests it's configured to run.

Travis CI not only runs tests on your master developing branch, it may also be configured to test all your feature branches and even Pull Requests, which an amazing feature as it tests a pull request before you merge, simplifying the process and saving you the time.

Travis also works as a guarantee for users of your software, as they can see the test log online.

What do you dislike?

I think that Travis is a bit difficult for new users and developers, especially configuring it for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study Travis CI documentation before trying to integrate it, otherwise you'll waste lots of time with mistakes.

I use Travis CI everytime I'm developing open-source software as it not only checks my code as it shows I value a test-driven environment.

Travis CI review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Beautiful interface for CI deployment details"

What do you like best?

Compare to other services for CI (jenkins, go), personally I find the interface to be cleaner and more intuitive. They have great documentation, and customizing each project with a yaml file in the repo is extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

Over the many years I have been using Travis, I have not experienced anything i dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to read through the documentation. There is likely a lot of features you don't know about that can greatly increase your benefit from Travis.

Being able to monitor and automate deployments is the most beneficial part of software development. Travis does a great job with live feedback and keeping logs of failures to reference in the future

Travis CI review by Ramón L.
Ramón L.

"Test, deploy, take a cup of coffee."

What do you like best?

With TCI you have a nice way of being aware of what you are building, you can test your code at the same time you deploy, get detailed information about what is wrong(if it is) and saves you a lot of time. The best part is that it's as free as github (This meaning you only have to pay when using private repositories). TCI is definately empowering open source projects with testing and confidence.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to dislike about TCI. The only complaint would be the interface, i believe it's too grey and sometimes i get lost with the buttons, but hey, that could be just me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know what Travis CI has to offer to you. If you are into TDD, it will be easy to implement. On the other hand i recommend to first learn some TDD before trying Travis CI.

Getting the testing and deployment phases together into one process speeds up the workflow and gets things going on teams with a high level of work.

Travis CI review by John V.
John V.

"The best CI platform"

What do you like best?

Travis-CI provides an extremely powerful platform for continuous integration.

The .travis.yml build control file is extremely versatile.

What do you dislike?

Travis-CI does not allow build artefacts to be downloaded from Travis-CI. It is necessary to push them to another service, such as S3.

I wish they had support for more commercial databases, like Oracle and SQLServer.

Also their OSX platform isnt mature and well supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Use the API.

Use tools that exist, such as https://pypi.python.org/pypi/travis_log_fetch

Build new tools for it.

I mostly use Travis-CI for Python development. The obvious benefit is stability, however it also speeds up development processes (coding, code review, deployment) as proposed changes can be verified against a large number of diverse configurations on Travis, catching unintended side-effects.

Travis CI review by Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.

"User Friendly Interface"

What do you like best?

It's straightforward to integrate with GitHub. Generally all documentation is clear and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes (4/10 builds) will be stuck on the queue for an extremely long time.

Travis has been an excelleng "middleman" to ensure that I never submit broken builds to deployment.

Travis CI review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Great for testing pull requests"

What do you like best?

I really like the automated continuous integration that this system provides. It provides a very seemless integration with Github's continuous integration api.

What do you dislike?

The setup took a little getting used to. I had a hard time understanding the documentation. Once I started to understand the concepts, things went much smoother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was a little difficult for at first because it was the first time I had ever dealt with continuous integration. After getting it setup, it worked beautiful with minimal maintenance.

We needed a way to test pull requests on Github for a project that I was working on. A friend introduced me to travis ci and it turned out to work very well for our use case.

Our project was a small project with multiple developers of varying experience. Things would often be broken by the more inexperienced developers, get merged into the master branch and suddenly everyone was disgruntled. They were usually small errors, but happened frequently.

Using Travis CI, we hooked it up with Github to automatically build every pull request to our project. This eliminated almost all of the issues we were having. We could easily see if a build passed or not and then inspect the output.

Travis CI review by Matt G.
Matt G.

"Travis CI with open source development"

What do you like best?

TravisCI allows for speedy development of open source projects by easily integrating with GitHub and testing changes. With multiple environment support, we can test different languages and environments. We can also test upgrade process to ensure end-to-end satisfaction for users.

There are also build caches which allow each subsequent environment build to re-use cached items, such as downloaded dependencies.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the .travis.yml can be tricky and require a lot of useless commits to getting a build working properly.

TravisCI allows us to run lengthy behavior driven tests without hindering the development time. A typical test may take an hour for one environment setup. Travis CI allows changes to be tested while continuing to develop on other problems.

Travis CI review by Ben E.
Ben E.

"Standard goto for testing open source projects"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and and free for open-source projects.

Can test across a wide magnitude of versions/technologies by using Travis Matrices.

Saves developers time by running large test suites on a remote system so developers can continue doing what they do best without halting to wait for their own machinery to run the test suite.

What do you dislike?

Builds can take a while to start however their new container-based infrastructure is aiming to fix this issue.

Limited to just GitHub repositories.

Testing software in accordance to GitHub Flow to check pull-requests before merging into the master branch. Assures quality and in accordance with code coverage and maintainability monitoring services can accelerate software development.

Travis CI review by User in Program Development
User in Program Development

"Travis provides me a way to develop fast software"

What do you like best?

Travis is a software that provides me a way to make software without loosing time and with a best performance and quality

What do you dislike?

Travis tends to have a low performance with some test when you're trying theme in the cloud instead using it in local machine

Recommendations to others considering the product

First you need to consider the requirements of your software, also the enviroment of development and the type of software are you developing, although Travis CI offers a variety of solutions you need to consider all of factors to take advantage of it.

Travis is solving a continuos integration software problem to my business, its provides a fast way to improve our software and to deliver free bug software to our client, also provides me a way to test it in the cloud, yo share with other partners and also to test in another enviroment.

Travis CI review by Guillaume M.
Guillaume M.

"FOOS review"

What do you like best?

It's free for open source.

It's simple to get started and to use.

The integration with Github is pretty solid.

What do you dislike?

Limited support for open source in terms of memory.

Does not support windows. I use http://www.appveyor.com to fill the gap. However it is pretty slow. My project takes 15 minutes to build and test on AppVeyor and 5 minutes on Travis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a premium version (paid) for large open source project which require more memory/cpu usage ex: github.com/typelevel/cats

Fix this issue: https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2317

I need a CI system for my open source project: https://github.com/MasseGuillaume/ScalaKata2

Travis CI review by Sushanth R.
Sushanth R.

"Easy integration with github for automated build test"

What do you like best?

Travis CI services also allow me to do things with GitHub (with access to the Status API, support for branches and pull requests, and automatically setting up from a list of repos)

What do you dislike?

.travis.yaml file little bit confusing, rest every thing works great

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Travis CI runs tests for every push made on github

2) Travis CI runs tests on every pull request from other contributors

Each commits in my github leads to a test build and if that fails you get notified to email.

Travis CI review by Krzysztof G.
Krzysztof G.

"A great software to check my code"

What do you like best?

I'm using Travis CI to check all my pull request. When someone is going to contribute my project I immediately know that everything is ok and it's safe to accept it. When there are any problems I can simply reject a pull request without wasting my time to check it manually.

What do you dislike?

Since I'm not an advanced user I didn't notice any disadvantages yet.

I'm using it primairly to check the code correctness. It's rather an experiment with using that kind of tools.

Travis CI review by Sherif W.
Sherif W.

"Travis CI"

What do you like best?

Awesome to run unit and integration tests after each commit and can be used with Github easily with few configurations.

What do you dislike?

Don't have thing to dislike just learn how to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it in projects as it makes life easier and not expensive.

Used to help with build automation after each commit also to run tests as well as helping with deployment.

Travis CI review by 佳亮 .
佳亮 .

"Probably the best CI platform for open source"

What do you like best?

The integration with other platforms like Github and Bitbucket is just fascinating. Once configured, all you need is a simple push to start a new build cycle. Besides, if the build failed, it will email you, which I feel is very considerate and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The YAML config file is not very friendly to novices. Also, the build environment is not completely the same as local environment. As for iOS development, I've had experience when the build is OK on my computer but failed on CI environment.

I'm using Travis CI to build and test my open source projects. It really helps improving the quality of every push, every pull request and every merge.

Travis CI review by Daniele C.
Daniele C.

"An excellent build system for open source projects"

What do you like best?

I love the way build logs are displayed, with a clear list of executed commands and collapsable output.

YAML configuration is easy to set up and allows me to specify minimum version of PHP and optional versions or languages, like release candidate of PHP 7 or HHVM.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the build just fail due to external errors, like network connection, but it's reported like a code problem.

I use it for open source projects. Automated tests allow me to accept pull requests without deep code reviews in short time.

Travis CI review by User in Computer Software

"Using travis as your automated build service"

What do you like best?

Travis CI subscriptions let use execute concurrent build jobs across multiple projects. The open source free plan solution is pretty useful as you typically don't need to have a build run immediately although as a company, having multiple concurrent build jobs saves time and resources.

What do you dislike?

UI sometimes makes it difficult to navigate to specific builds and navigate through build history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an open source group, you definitely should set up Travis CI. And if you can afford it, you should upgrade to a paid plan to use Travis. Especially since it's really easy to set up.

We needed a private CI for tests.

Travis CI review by Mathieu R.
Mathieu R.

"open source developper review"

What do you like best?

it's free for open sources projects, very easy to use, integrate very well with a lot other tools & services

What do you dislike?

it's not open source and was a bit slow to upgrade languages version. that's mostly solves and not much of a problem thanks to docker

running test for repository code and pull requests on different version of languages/tools/OSes

Travis CI review by Erdenezul B.
Erdenezul B.

"Travis CI is good"

What do you like best?

Travis CI is best continuous integration tools especially you can easily test your product within different environments.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find any bad behavior in this project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have a software that supports multiple version(python2.6 python3.5 ... etc), Travis Ci is the best for your continuous integration tests.

Test product easily with multiple environments. (MongoDB v2.6, v3.2, v3.4 etc)

Travis CI review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Continuous Integration for the 21 century"

What do you like best?

Integration of TravisCI with github, bitbucket, gitlab, and not using jenkins :)

What do you dislike?

It's horrible slow, even when paying, I know there are some challenges to solve in order to make it faster. It would be nice to make a tool for checking the syntax for the .travis.yml one who can check if you didn't had typos like matrxi instead of matrix, and stuff like that, several times sents commits with typos and I believe this would help to down the load in useless builds (useless in the sense that if the syntax is wrong its gonna fail)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, stop using jenkins!

Getting test coverage to applications and libraries that I develop

Travis CI review by Kasparas G.
Kasparas G.

"Travis CI is awesome!"

What do you like best?

The new interface is very slick. I love how easy is to use your product - configuration, monitoring builds, that little button that allows you to follow the log etc... It's really cool! Also, the fact that it's built in Ruby (or maybe a part of it) makes me like this product even more!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to:

* SSH to the build machine to debug a build failure

* Ability to manually trigger a new build

* Ability to re-arrange/re-prioritise the builds

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider it - just use it. It's great!

All of our apps are being built on Travis CI, packaged up and deployed to our servers. Being able to see if our pull requests pass before a merge was a great benefit to us when we started using Travis.

Travis CI review by G2 Crowd User in Mining & Metals
G2 Crowd User in Mining & Metals

"Fast and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It takes less than a minute to get hooked up with Travis CI and it requires no environment setups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes more time to get feedbacks if the build is broken. But overall it is pretty fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to use it with small and simple projects first to get to know how the system works.

Travis takes care of running our builds and trying our pull requests before we try to see if they fail a test. It really boosts up our development and management speed.

Travis CI review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Not so reliable continuous integration service"

What do you like best?

It has integration with Github's web hooks and with Slack. It's very ease to use and the builds are fast.

What do you dislike?

The service has been very intermittent in the last couple of months and that affects our development workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider that this service can be very unstable.

Running tests and developing to stage automatically whenever a commit or a merge is done in Github.

Travis CI review by Simeon I.
Simeon I.

"Super easy to use and extremely intuitive."

What do you like best?

The GitHub/Slack integration. I managed to set it up in 5 minutes.

The look is also great I can navigate very intuitively.

What do you dislike?

It's not very easy to get the JDK install Dir in a build slave.

This is the only negative experience I've had so far.

SO question here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30832526/get-the-jdk-install-dir-in-a-travisci-build

We use it for continuous integration.

Travis CI review by WEI CHEN L.
WEI CHEN L.

"Excellent CI with seamless Github integration "

What do you like best?

Unbeatable integration with Github and good performance

What do you dislike?

The fact that it only works with Github, the initial setup also requires some useless commits to get the build script working

Opensource software testing; it's nice to know your project builds on another computer

Travis CI review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Open source "

What do you like best?

They have a pretty clean user interface that allows me to switch between projects and builds.

The fact that they open sourced some of their components helped me in understanding how their platform works and the recent support to docker containers helped me a lot since our infrastructure is based on it.

What do you dislike?

build environment are debian like and I usually have a few issues converting my rhel commands into debian ones.

We didn't want to manage an in house CI server, Travis helps us in solving that problem

Travis CI review by User in Financial Services

"Simple, battle-tested continuous integration for your Open-source needs"

What do you like best?

Simplicity: create a .travis.yml file in your project to set up configuration, build and test your github project, and use your Travis-CI account to activate a github project of yours. With every commit, Travis-CI creates a new VM instance, checks out your latest code, and runs the instructions in your .travis.yml file. Good documentation and free service! Outputs are streamed live, supports many languages, with slack chat integration.

What do you dislike?

Unstable at times. When compiling or running tests, it will hang up for unknown reasons requiring manual intervention. Most of the time this issue does not happen but occurs occasionally.

As a hosted continuous integration service for the open source community, it is very useful to modify and not-very-difficult to set-up. It's well-known status amongst the open-source community make it easy to find help so the business problem of finding more knowledgeable people isn't an issue. I've realized that it supports multi-version builds. If you want to test your codebase against every combination of every version of Python and Django, Travis can do this. And they make it really simple. Travis is mature and has been around for a lot longer, it is battle tested, and is used by many important open source projects.

Travis CI review by User

"Easy to start and need more document"

What do you like best?

easy to start travis ci.

If we only write .yml file and upload repository to github,

we can get the result of a build.

What do you dislike?

there isn't much document about customized ci. For example , deployment of achievement of the build is difficult for me. I think we need much document about the customization of ci..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to start travis ci.

building project is very easy

ci makes our development faster

Travis CI review by Aashrai R.
Aashrai R.

"Simple and easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, its extremely easy for beginners

What do you dislike?

Android Support is okay but really slow, need to provide a custom faster solution for android

The biggest benefits were care free git pushes

Travis CI review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Fast and highly customizable continuous integration tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is directly interfaced with Github.

What do you dislike?

The slow installation at each build, maybe it would be better to have a quicker cache or something.

Continuous testing and publishing to npm. The benefits are that you configure once, then you don't pay attention anymore, you are sure your package will be published if the tests pass.

Travis CI review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The standard de-facto"

What do you like best?

Great UI

A simple hidden configuration file to setup your project

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, actually you can get more speed just by paying :)

Continuous Integration for my open-source projects. I can be sure that every revision I push passes the test and so the pull requests before I have a chance to merge them.

Travis CI review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Went from "would be cool to use" to "vital for our group" in under a month"

What do you like best?

Its really simple to get started with and how it integrates so seamlessly into github is a real selling point.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its slow, however its most likely due to external services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your on github you have no reason not to try it.

Continuous integration and automated testing and feedback

Learning about Travis CI?

* We monitor all Travis CI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.