What do you like best?
Infinite flexibility—Tray.io can connect with any endpoint of any REST API and perform transformations, conditionals, and other complex functions with reliability and ease. I've used it to help clients realize super complex automation tasks with incredible budget efficiency, and without needing to rely on prebuilt integration endpoints.
Endless conditionals — unlike Zapier and other cloud service automation platforms, Tray lets you create many branching if/then conditions, enabling you to combine multiple scenarios (which would otherwise require a number individually setup flows) into one super powerful flow. This saves both time and resources.
Wonderful consulting support — for times when the automation I'd like to achieve is a bit over my own head, Tray's business services team is there to help me and my clients make it happen. They're smart, super capable, and highly committed to getting the job done. I can't speak highly enough about this aspect of their business.
Incredible reliability — in the 18 months that I've been working with Tray, they've only very rarely down or fallen out of sync with my cloud services. And when that has happened, they've been willing to step in and help right the problem. This is a HUGE benefit of their offering.
What do you dislike?
Tray's UX can be a bit daunting and difficult for non-developers, and it lacks a pure command-line UX which some developers prefer. However, Tray's consulting services help counterbalance those limitations by helping establish your desired flow, and anyone scrappy can then take that work and clone it or tweak it as desired.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Tray is the way to go if you...
- Can't access the specific API endpoint you need via Zapier or a similar service
- Need to implement logic for both sides of a conditional filter in your flow
- Need hands-on support getting a complex flow up and running
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Complex roll-ups of Intercom user data into company profiles
- Automated aggregation of Intercom company and user data into powerful metrics
- Automated enrichment of email addresses via Clearbit
- Automated generation of URL2PNG screenshots triggered by new posts in a web service
- Automated detection of new posts on an open data service (Socrata) and generation of corresponding new posts on a community platform (Discourse)