Treehouse

Treehouse provides source of online courses covering web development and business lessons.

Work for Treehouse?

Learning about Treehouse?

Treehouse Reviews

Ask Treehouse a Question
Showing 14 Treehouse reviews
Treehouse review by <span>Katie H.</span>
Katie H.

Treehouse Review

What do you like best?

I joined a web design company a year ago having no background in web design or development. Using Team Treehouse made it possible for me to learn at my own pace and choose different types of coding languages to work with. It started out slow going because I was so foreign to the web developer world, but I've been learning HTML, PHP, JavaScript, and Swift. Having a base knowledge of these items in the back of my mind has been very helpful and provided some value-add when connecting with my clients.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how long it's taken me to learn :) Luckily, I am a writer and digital strategist, not a web developer! As I said before, it's been slow-going. Some of the beginner courses are VERY basic and feel like a waste of time. I have to keep telling myself that you have to start somewhere. As I pass some of the very early levels, the classes have become more interesting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in coding but don't know how to get started, Treehouse has amazing tutorial videos that walk you through the process. It's awesome because there are checkpoints and rewards as you continue learning, which makes it fun!

Treehouse has been incredibly effective in broadening my pool of knowledge. As a writer and digital strategist, it's given me background in the technical aspect of web design and helped me learn what is and isn't possible when it comes to writing for the web.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Treehouse
Treehouse review by <span>Peter P.</span>
Peter P.

Excellent selection of courses and great teachers

What do you like best?

What I like best about treehouse is it's easy to find and keep track of what it is you are learning. For example coding languages are all groups together, easy to get to and a course or track as it's called is simple to get back to. There are also one off videos within libraries to watch which is nice.

What do you dislike?

I would really like for treehouse to release content faster. I can see what's coming out in the next few weeks or month. But waiting on an ES6 course for example while other course websites have content makes me go to competing websites where I can buy a one off course on that topic.

The iPad app was also buggy when rotating from landscape to portrait the videos weren't resizing to 100% width but that may be fixed.

It's a great tool to learn and keep up to date with programming. For beginner and intermediate developers it's perfect. Treehouse is even coming out with more advanced videos like building desktop apps with Electron.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Treehouse review by <span>Dicle B.</span>
Dicle B.

Very professional teachers

What do you like best?

Team treehouse has very professional teachers which makes you feel you are taking courses from professionals.

Provides very current technologies and helping system works all the time well.

Assignments makes you understand well the course because you can not continue or win a badge if you cannot pass the assignment. I think it s a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

I think it is a bit expensive. They can determine price for each course packs seperately and unlimited access that would be better for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend everyone for learning the basics of the web site making. They explain all the steps of making web site very well and understandable. I did not check the other courses in that site but I bet they are also nice.

I took courses in order to make my own website about architecture. Actually I have hired a web master but I want to double check him and understand what he does exactly on my website.

Treehouse review by <span>Ceyda A.</span>
Ceyda A.

Professional Instructors and updated courses available

What do you like best?

I am interested in wordpress and teamtreehouse provides great course for it. Most of the instructors are really good at their job and teaching very understandable for beginners. They always keep content up to date and making new courses depending on the technology. Also there is library in team treehouse which you can find any topic you want for example integrating php with databases or seo for wordpress. I really liked the variety of courses in this site.

What do you dislike?

Their price is really high actually. They do not offer any free course which is so bad because I think that not everyone can pay 25 dollars per month especially if you do not live in countries with different currencies. I think that teamtreehouse should decrease their price or make some courses free and get commercials etc. in order to expand their customer range.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can pay 25 dollars per month, it provides you great source of IT technology. But still you can find similar information free out there if you just do search more. Considering the video, instructor quality etc. I can recommend everyone to catch up with latest technologies in their focused areas.

I am focused on wordpress and php in order to develop myself in those areas. Also I am focused on SEO for my job and treehouse gives always updated information about these areas.

Treehouse review by <span>Lauren B.</span>
Lauren B.

Learn Code Fast

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to learn. You watch a quick video and follow it up with an interactive session. The interactive piece is key.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like! I've been very happy with Treehouse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend deciding on a single track and sticking to it. Treehouse isn't super easy to switch back and forth. But, they do make it easy to stick within a single track and finish it.

I'm very happy with Treehouse. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. I started out with their HTML course as a refresher. I transitioned into learning Javascript and Java.

I'm using Treehouse to keep refreshed on the latest in each language and to learn new languages to grow my capabilities.

Treehouse review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

High Quality Tech Bootcamp

What do you like best?

Combination of hands-on practice and very professionally done audiovisual learning with expert instructors in the field. Good use of gamification and a curriculum with the use of tracks to focus your learning. Being able to complete other tracks and carry over "credit" from previous tracks with the overlapping knowledge. I also enjoy the supplemental business courses included, enriching people's business and freelance skills.

What do you dislike?

Not as many in-depth projects. No one-on-one mentoring. These features are included only in the more advanced Tech Degree program for $399/month, which is newly launched this year and much more expensive than the $25 per month plan. The basic plans mainly include forum support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like many online bootcamps, Treehouse is best used as a strong foundational supplement to other online courses. However, because of the vast library of material, high quality production values, and community in the forums, it seems to be one the strongest in being most likely to launch ready-to-hire entry level developers and enrich other freelance and business owners in enhancing their skills. Absolutely worth the basic membership fee.

I am teaching myself to code in order to launch a web presence for my future business. I would like to add a secondary skill set which will serve my business without outsourcing. I am still in the process of training.

Learning about Treehouse?

* We monitor all Treehouse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.