Trello

(2,732)

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into cards and boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on it, and where something is in process.

Work for Trello?

Learning about Trello?

Trello Reviews

Showing 2,737 Trello reviews
Trello review by Alexander V.
Alexander V.

"Timely monitoring of my activities to be developed in one place."

What do you like best?

This tool I really love previously left tasks to be done due to not having a strategy of daily priorities, this application allows me to plan based on the things that I must do as well as important annotations of either the work team or a client.

What do you dislike?

For now nothing negative, has a very good and fast interface allowing you to enter from anywhere and at any time since I can review my annotations also from my mobile device and thus maintain a daily control.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every day we are presented with different tasks to comply with this application allows you to write them down and take a timely follow-up to develop each of them through a well-developed panel where we can enter according to the degree of importance as well as allowing the entry of information for later days This works great when you take a daily activity moved and runs the risk of forgetting some important meeting or activity.

I can add some activity and on this add additional information through templates as well as mark if it is in process or completed and move it to continue with others, it is ideal to add those daily notes that can be found in the working day to carry out activities to improve some situations that come our way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trello
Trello review by Bianca Z.
Bianca Z.

"Trello makes collaborating easy!"

What do you like best?

Trello has been good to me for the first couple months on the job. Trello uses different boards to separate different groups of people and accessibility to collaborate is wonderful. I like that you can tag people or even "watch" a post and get notified when things are happening on the board. I also really enjoy the notification option I have on google chrome. Helps me stay on top of my work. Another feature is having due dates and holding people accountable for their work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it is organized. I guess I find myself lost in the cards that they have. For example one of my boards has about 10 and it doesn't look too intense but, one of the boards have over 25+ cards which become congested and I start having a hard time finding information. The search tool can help a bit but, organizationally it isn't very appealing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some recommendations would be the platform being more organized and concise. I feel you could collapse the hards and then when you click the card it would open on the right-hand side and show all the sub cards. Its hard to have a long list of things on a variety of cards. You begin to lose track of things that way.

Trello helps a large department communicate and collaborate. Sending messages over email can get overwhelming and overload your inbox but, with Trello you just send a short simple message and have it documented so you can refer back to it at any point.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Trello review by Enrique R.
Enrique R.

"Ideal application for the organization of our activities."

What do you like best?

It is an excellent and complete tool which has allowed me to carry out my activities according to plan, organizing my tasks according to the degree of priority I have in performing it, being able to verify all my annotations during the course of the day, regardless of the place, including the option mobile.

What do you dislike?

It is complete in comparison with Any.do offering more functions at the time of wanting to take a daily plan, in my opinion I do not get anything negative so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is adjusted to the people who must perform different activities during the day and for some reason or other can forget them, here I have written down all the requests referring to the staff in terms of requirements found in each store to improve and go reaching the proposed goals, it is practical and simple to use.

I love being able to make my annotations giving different designs to make incapie according to their color the degree of importance, you can add tasks for the present day or schedule for any day that merits the reminder, this works great especially when planning meetings In the company or some event, it is ideal for people who must perform various activities.

Trello review by Samuel O.
Samuel O.

" Trello. "The most versatile tool for communication and collaborative work "

What do you like best?

Excellent application, easy to use, very intuitive, with a nice interface and is the ideal application to organize the work groups that perform the collaborative work, as well as organize the tasks, by allowing them to be communicated at all times and provide them with all the tools so that they can manage the projects, with the contribution of all the members that make up the teams, allowing team members to see the whole project, just by looking at the board, being able to also integrate with other applications and receive notifications in real time

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had major difficulties with this application, only that the power ups are very heavy and take time to load and only allow one per project; neither does it allow the printing of cards and their content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool to be used by collaborative work teams, and in the organization and administration of tasks, can also with trllo, organize information properly ordered, saves time and increases productivity

To be able to control the tasks, within the collaborative projects, or in teams and assign specific tasks to a person to solve it, being able to also add people to the board, through the option of creating a team and being able to see the team members that are going to work on the board. It has also allowed the organization and management of time in the teams, increasing productivity with this

Trello review by Oriana H.
Oriana H.

"I keep organized"

What do you like best?

It allows me to organize all my daily activities at work, I have a board where I can place a card and inside it I can insert everything from files to images, I can also track a task easily, I like it because I can see the latest updates of my team in my panel.

What do you dislike?

I think its interface is very basic and somewhat difficult to understand, the first time I used it I did not know how to do it, so I had to read tutorials on the Internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first it may take some work to adapt to this tool, however, there is no doubt that it will help you to be more productive and that you will not forget anything.

It helped me a lot to be more organized with my tasks, since nothing else I can organize my tasks and projects, but things as simple with a meeting or just everyday things.

Trello review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Most complete tool to keep organized"

What do you like best?

The GUI is the more important for me of trello. It is very intuitive, easy to use and the navegation panel is very simple. Can work on cards in your own list or in another board if you have the permission. Permit that different work groups interact each other between the tasks and cards in a project. Can access to documents and file from a entire project in different boards without get out of Trello. The free version have basically all the features and functions like the pay version.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislike with this software. The only thing is that can not work or integrate with other applications that may be a plus in this software like a calendar or a work chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For me is the best tool to make the teamwork and keep projects on a easy way. Everyone can view and edit in each project or task if they have the permission. If you have different projects can create a board for each one of then and give the permission for you coworkers on the cards and task that they will work.

I solved the problem of organization and time administration on the projects with my team. We work in first place with the free version and we made all the cards and task and involved all the members of the team to have better times of response and more control on the management of the tasks.

Trello review by moraima v.
moraima v.

""Ideal tool for teamwork and project management" "

What do you like best?

I like it because it is an excellent and extremely powerful online tool for collaborative use, to organize projects and perform tasks. The reality is that it is simple and serves almost everything; it allows you to organize projects at work, homework, trips or anything else. In addition, it has the possibility of adding members to these projects to quickly pass some tasks to other people, thus boosting the work and being able to count on the contribution of the whole team. It is very intuitive and easy to use and ideal for the functions of the work teams, for being efficient and complete

What do you dislike?

I do not like it because it does not allow creating repetitive work lists to be able to do "cycles" of tasks. Neither that the free version is limited in its functions, so it is recommended that if you want better performance of the application, I must purchase the paid version, it has happened to me that the notifications of the updates do not arrive to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- I recommend this application because it is a tool with which you can, confidently and surely, organize the tasks and the teams that work in the management of the projects.

- It is one of the applications has a great advantage over other productivity systems, because it helps to render more work and is extremely easy to use, being one of the most used tools in collaborative work.

- It has allowed me to efficiently organize tasks as a team, because it has the necessary functions to carry out the projects efficiently successfully.

- It is highly beneficial due to its multiplatform condition, because it is used in different operating systems, which has allowed it to be one of the most used applications in collaborative work and in project management.

- It has benefit for having a free and easy to use version, it is used by companies, homes and schools, and this application has aroused interest and motivation in the people who use it.

Trello review by ARGENIS R.
ARGENIS R.

"Trello is the tool of organization of greater global transcendence at present. "

What do you like best?

This tool is functional to edit personal work roles as in the office. Especially for those types of work where organization of tasks and adjustments of times in shorter intervals is required. The ability to wrap situations where it is required to use less possible time of use of the information, ease of use so it can be mentioned of a simple tool and adaptable to the user.

What do you dislike?

In the technological growth that the world is visualizing, it is necessary to maintain the spirit of productive and sustainable innovation. Trello must innovate in several aspects such as the presentation, design of profile record and access with ability to verify before spying users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using this tool will make your life more productive in your work environment.

Within the organization, the work teams need to be connected through a network whose function is to maintain the working relationship up to date. With Trello we were able to solve situations where we did not have clarity in the things to do; that is why we urgently deserved software that we never use to advance and stabilize our internal processes and provide better services to our customers.

Trello review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Easy to learn and share "

What do you like best?

Color-coded labels allow a large team with multiple subdivisions, like my newspaper staff, to look quickly at Trello and see where our progress for the week is at. It also allows photographers to collaborate by looking for "their" color coded assignment. The best part is having real-time access to project progress without having to badger coworkers. We also got a kick out of the Taco feature.

What do you dislike?

Although the app itself is visual, it doesn't look as organized when photos or graphics are added to the cards. There should be a way to compress those images to fit the card. If there were more of a flowchart design for the organization of the app, I would appreciate that since I am an extremely visual worker, though I do find it hard to communicate my method of working with others. I appreciate Trello for being the middle man between me and my team when I have trouble communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can absolutely be adapted to your needs, regardless of the size of your organization.

Trello has replaced my (informal) business' former communication flow of one group text message for project updates. The visual format makes much more sense than a linear text or email chain. The drag and drop feature is easy to use and rarely misplaces assignments. With everybody having the app open, it allows for discussion. I would suggest Trello again on another team if I thought it would benefit a workflow.

Trello review by Kasandra P.
Kasandra P.

"Great tool for project management"

What do you like best?

Ability to put deadlines on tasks, easy to move tasks and projects around on the board, collaborate with other people in your company. It is a great way to lay out short vs. long term tasks and goals, and a great tool for managers to see what employees are working on, and who is dependent on other to complete tasks. Our company would often use a blocked column where employees could place tasks they are blocked on, and tag other people who are involved so that the task could move forward.

What do you dislike?

User experience could be a little more friendly. Overall has a lot of features but the features could be highlighted in a better manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend using the product to outline short term tasks and long term goals, as well as use it collaboratively with team members.

Short term vs. long term assignments and projects

Project management and collaboration

Time management

Deadline management

Trello review by Jackeline B.
Jackeline B.

" The order and simplicity in a single work platform. "

What do you like best?

I like to use this software because it has allowed me to post ideas, tasks, images or links; all under a versatile and user-friendly environment; being there to organize any type of information, registering activities with virtual cards, organizing my tasks, adding lists, attaching files, labeling events, adding comments and sharing boards. Its use has allowed me to work in an organized manner, prioritizing my tasks, and posting reminders of pending activities to be carried out; In short, I see Trello as a service used by work teams to collaborate effectively and efficiently in a project. Each project is managed with a board containing several lists (which may well be the phases of the project) which in turn are broken down into cards (pending tasks of each phase); I find this tool great when it comes to planning and organizing a project.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I do not like about Trello, however, if the user does not know how the software works properly, he can start moving cards between lists and messing up the points of each one. In the worst case file or delete the cards, leading the administrator of the main board to solve the disorder generated by those who still do not manage the operation of such software. On the other hand, it is not possible to determine who can move and / or file cards; and insert videos to see them directly on the card. For the rest, it seems an excellent work tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software to third parties because I'm sure it will provide them with a range of benefits when it comes to planning, tracking and executing any project, no matter what it is dedicated to; all this because Trello offers a large list of tools that allow organizing the information in a concrete and orderly manner; which minimizes time and optimizes the work management of any project that is being executed or that will be executed in the future.

The advantages that I have obtained when using this software are: the possibility of working in a single platform, different projects individually, developing in each of them different tasks in a simple and innovative way. In the same way, I have managed to record the reminders of those pending tasks, in different independent cards according to the project in which I am working, under an easy and versatile environment that is easy to use; which you can customize using options.

Trello review by Ketan H.
Ketan H.

"Trello Review"

What do you like best?

The best part of Trello is its way too simple easy and clean for a use this app for managing the work. Also along with the simple UI, it has got very smooth interactions and transactions. Creating and moving task boards between projects is very smooth.

What do you dislike?

If it had a way to show the progress of all the tasks in a graphical way, it could have been better for a user to visualize the progress of the tasks.

If Trello had an option to track progress by users, by milestone or by tasks, it would have been more useful for us.

I would like if the Trello teamwork on this to make it more feature loaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Trello for new team members who are handling a small team. Also for the users who are handling a few projects within the same team.

But if you are a user how is managing a team of 5 or more than 5 members, I would recommend you to go for Teamwork web application. It has got more features compared to Trello. The only drawback of Teamwork application is its pricing.

The benefits of using Trello is when you are managing multiple projects with multiple team members involved in it, Trello makes it very easy to track the progress. If you are using the Trello App is much more convenient to quickly track the tasks and get deadline notification.

Trello review by John H.
John H.

"Managing Tasks with Trello"

What do you like best?

For Agile developers, this is a great tool. Being able to move stacks from Backlog through stages to Done lets people fit Trello to their Agile environment, just as if they were using the paper card method. Take notes, attach documents - right there.

One of the other features that is helpful is user tagging. Use the @ symbol and start typing in another team member's name, and they'll be specifically referred to in their messages so they know to pay attention. Really useful when a bug is found and you can alert the specific developer behind it.

The rest of the items are standard project management items: checklists, due dates, and so on. Things can be expanded as much as needed so as a task grows, just add additional checklists and assign them to people. If a card is getting too long, convert pieces of it into its own card so we can specify just what we need to and keep scope creep from overwhelming a specific card.

What do you dislike?

The notifications aren't as quick as I'd like. They can be set to once an hour, but when messages are flying across multiple "cards" it would be nice to have them send off messages faster to get that "OK - updated, respond, get back into it."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adjust the board and columns to your organization. Every agile project and team has their own method of moving things from one column to the next, the number of columns depending on whether there's formal QA or dev/testing/production environments.

Trello is flexible enough to let you tweak it as you like, but once it's set, don't be afraid to adjust for your organization's needs.

In my case, I'm using it to provide technical documentation for software before release. So as features get tweaked, I need to track those changes so I can update the documentation for the best accuracy for the clients. Trello is helpful with that so I can attach myself to specific items, and know what needs to be adjusted as I move forward.

Trello review by Robert P.
Robert P.

"Excellent software to organize daily tasks"

What do you like best?

I think is a very good software that helps you organize all your daily tasks and makes easier to reach any goals at work. it also lets you prioritaze tasks and even share them with co-workers so everybody can help finish them

Mainly a software to use at work, you can easily use it on your everyday life, too

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is complicated to understand all the features, and even to know that you have available certain one. Also, it is a little hard to work with all the different boards existing in the application

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good free software to organize thanks. However, there are a lot of other options in the market

For me and my co-workers, Trello has helped us to organize ourselves in a much better way, because now everyone can focus on their own tasks and help to complete others, all in a very good atmosphere of collaboration.

Trello review by Baris H.
Baris H.

"Useful for tracking simple tasks"

What do you like best?

I am using Trello to track tasks on my 3 person remote team. I like the feature of prioritization by color and assigning tasks to people. We already managed a design and implementation of our new online marketplace through Trello.

What do you dislike?

I think some background images make Trello look complicated so that this feautre may be disabled.

In addition to this, I have a few recommendations : Trello team might develop another feature to view tasks on a timeline or something looking simplier than a GANTT Chart so that we can have an overall approach of the project status. Otherwise, tracking each simple task is not enough most of the time to understand the progress on the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can begin right now to use Trello for task distribution and follow-up purposes.

End-to-end website development. I could easily manage my project from design to implementation phase.

Upload photo feature had been very useful for sharing screenshots with assigned team membesr & for pointing out requirements of the related task.

Trello review by juliette n.
juliette n.

"Organize your life completely with Trello. "

What do you like best?

I love Trello because it is one of the project management applications that works very well, it has a balance between what its interface is with simple details and the addition of powerful features and functions that can be truly used. I can use being a wonderful tool to plan my day to day in the personal and work environment even to design my vacations has worked for me. I can achieve my proposed goals or tasks because everything is perfectly organized and there is no way I can forget anything.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the business version is a bit expensive, which limits my access to it because of its cost, I think it is a limitation because not everyone has the monetary resources to pay for it. Besides that the free version is good but also has its limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application because it is very versatile, it organizes, it prioritizes and it notifies ... it is incredible. You can include calendar, share files, set alarms, expiration dates, labels, etc. It also allows to initiate conversations through comments, to share files in streaming. It is available in web version, its own application Trello App for Android and ios. Through the notifications you can see your progress and just by seeing its interface you intuit everything.

Trello has helped me organize my work, now I can finish and know where my project is located. The reality is that it is a tool that serves almost everything from organizing your appointment in time to the beauty salon so you do not forget to make a great project for the company. It promotes teamwork and works in real time with everyone.

Trello review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Trello is a tool that allows you to keep your team connected and your project organized."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use and its user interface is clear and friendly.

I also like that you can have several boards each with a different objective and theme.

You can use Trello from any mobile device with Internet access.

It allows your team to stay organized and communicated, it also allows messages to be written as a chat room.

You can have everything related to a project on a board and there upload related files so that all the team has access to view or edit it, thus keeping the project organized.

It is easy to use by any user and you can give it several uses.

You can customize your boards with different themes.

Trello sends you notifications of the activities of your teammates.

What do you dislike?

Since Trello is a web application, if you do not have Internet access you will not be able to access your Trello account.

Although it is easy to use by any user, it can be limited in terms of options for large projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No doubt Trello is an excellent choice in terms of project planning software, it is simple so that new users can use it without much difficulty. Although it can be a bit limited in terms of variety of options, if it fulfills its purpose completely and without major problems.

Software development. Trello facilitates the development of applications since it allows the team to keep well communicated, thus speeding up the development.

Trello review by Raul Lorenzo G.
Raul Lorenzo G.

"The best project and task manager for collaborative work is called Trello "

What do you like best?

I like trello because I consider it a quick tool to manage any project, once I know how to look for boards, lists and assign cards, the operation is done in a few seconds, I consider it an agile, economical and very easy to use tool. It is good to know that the tool is constantly updated, even, came a desktop application.

What do you dislike?

It would be very useful if you made an improvement to the software, because when assigning a task, you have to think about which board corresponds, since the tool is not designed to identify the boards specifically with labels, we must enter the boards and then leave them to specify the task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Trello for being a tool where you can organize your business, the boards, the cards and the lists get you out of trouble and help you solve situations in record time. Any user who is familiar with the boards, is able to use it. You solve an endless number of slopes with trello. With trello you can organize the itinerary that can occur to any user, lists of products, fertilizers, agrochemicals, lists of employees and workers, etc.

The templates offered by the platform have been very useful, both to create work and personal projects, allows me to organize my activities and events of any kind, which is why I would never do without Trello. I have made a list of products, budgets, etc.

Trello review by Guillermo G.
Guillermo G.

"Una aplicación imprescindible en cualquier empresa"

What do you like best?

Con Trello, mi equipo puede colaborar en tiempo real en las tareas y proyectos asignados utilizando tablas y listas de tareas pendientes. Me encanta la facilidad y efectividad con la que todos podemos interactuar entre nosotros desde ubicaciones remotas. Ser capaz de asignar, completar y comentar tareas nos mantiene a todos responsables y en el buen camino.

What do you dislike?

Los precios de la versión business son elevados y la versión gratuita tiene limitaciones que ejercen presión para que se compre la versión business. Administrar el acceso a un tablero no es intuitivo. A veces no puedo encontrar dónde agregar más personas a bordo y generalmente resulta que no tengo acceso para agregar personas en ese tablero.

También me parece que se pone un poco confuso una vez que las personas comienzan a publicar en las tarjetas / listas. Los comentarios más recientes publican en la parte superior, lo que siempre me decepciona. A veces no está claro qué persona ha subido un archivo adjunto tampoco.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes una empresa remota o tienes trabajadores remotos, Trello ofrece un entorno de sala de conferencia virtual que permite la libre circulación de ideas.

Utilizo trello para gestionar tareas diarias, planear mapas de sitio, pasar tareas, registrar listas de errores. También lo usamos para ideación y votación en listas de características. Estoy seguro de que hay más formas de usarlo. Solo necesito pasar un tiempo para revisar todas sus funciones

Trello review by Kostas K.
Kostas K.

"Fun and efficient collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Trello is an easy-to-learn and easy-to-use team collaboration tool that aims to replace the traditional agile kanban board. I like the many customization options, giving a complete personalized experience to the individual user and the team. It also provides a great variety of integration options with other tools.

What do you dislike?

It requires a lot of manual work during its initial setup, since the administrator should determine the categories or try to find suitable add-ons to get the job done. I think it should provide some template options. Also, there is no option to completely delete cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To my opinion, Trello is a solid solution for small or medium projects with small to medium teams. It provides a large variety of customization options and can be really fun to use. For large projects, I would go with a more advanced solution like Jira.

I used the free version of Trello as an agile project management tool for a couple of small projects. The main benefit was that it helped the team onboard easily and promoted collaboration really fast and efficiently.

Trello review by Francisca R.
Francisca R.

"Herramienta gratuita y flexible para organizar tus ideas y proyectos"

What do you like best?

Trello es la mejor herramienta para organizar y visualizar ideas (como tarjetas) y trabajar en ellas de forma colaborativa. Lo uso para organizar todos mis trabajos y proyectos personales. Su facilidad de uso permite al usuario implementarlo con diferentes compañeros de trabajo en proyectos incluso con equipos externos que no están acostumbrados a ninguna herramienta de PM. Los potenciadores de Trello también son excelentes, ofreciendo al usuario muchas posibilidades de integración.

What do you dislike?

No creo que Trello sea la mejor herramienta para organizar y priorizar tareas, entonces uso Asana para hacer eso. Sería genial si Trello pudiera proporcionar a los usuarios algunas funciones de tareas más avanzadas junto con una mejor priorización y un panel de "tareas del día". El "límite de una potencia por tablero" para las cuentas gratuitas es una gran limitación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si desea una herramienta de administración de proyectos para organizar la imagen global de sus proyectos, Trello es una gran herramienta. Pero, si su necesidad más preocupante es administrar las tareas de una manera organizada, sugiero buscar en otro lado. Por ejemplo, uso Trello para obtener una visión global y anotaciones de mis proyectos y Asana para la administración de tareas.

Trello me ayuda a organizar el resumen de mis proyectos y compartirlo con personas de diferentes áreas y fuera de mi empresa. Lo uso para crear historias de usuarios y hojas de ruta de proyectos. Utilizo los respaldos de las tarjetas para anotar y escribir en Marcar todas las informaciones que necesitan las diferentes áreas de mis proyectos para todos los usuarios.

Trello review by Mairina V.
Mairina V.

"Excellent tool to manage project activities and personal activities"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent tool that allows the management and control of multiple activities, it is possible to create particular boards to identify a project or a particular activity.

Currently there are many add-ons that make management more simple and friendly, for example I use a lot of labels with descriptions and time measurement of each activity.

Another feature that I like very much is that I can assign an activity to the members of a team or to a particular person through an email address and when you put time to each activity you can receive notifications to follow up.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to add, a while ago I thought that a complement was missing to make gantt diagrams and to be able to visualize the baseline of a project or a board with multiple activities, but this was already developed and a complement is found that allows to do this , it's called Gantt for trello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From my perspective, I recommend 100% this tool, it is very collaborative to follow up on any type of events, projects or activities in general.

Allow organizations to customize views and organize projects by boards or on the same board to have different projects in the same area.

I have had excellent experiences with trello, I use all the accessories that come out and without doubt the experience improving. I was able to resolve the flow of communication from the project line to the other areas of the company.

I recommend it to all those who wish to keep track of their personal and work activities.

Trello review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Trello is a great tool for program management."

What do you like best?

Trello is very easy to use and the way it integrates with Slack makes it very easy to use and deploy. I use Trello to organize effort across multiple research projects with many graduate and undergraduate students. The best thing is that we're able to track progress and integrate note taking in one platform that integrates with Slack very well. The fact that we're able to use the free version is also quite an advantage as we're restricted on what we can spend money on. The cross platform apps and web interface also ensure that our users have no issues using Trello regardless of what platform they're on whether its a desktop or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

The organizational structure of the boards was somewhat difficult to understand when first using but once we got the hang of it the use was easy. The online knowledge base helped quite a bit with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using Trello early and always integrate it with Slack. The two products are a match made in heaven and make management tasks much easier for larger groups where face to face time is limited.

Trello gives us a common space where we can list project deliverables, due dates, and update statuses on individual tasks. This lets me shift my management of these tasks away from email to Trello so I'm more organized and knowledgeable about what's going on in our research group. This has increased my productivity immensely.

Trello review by Roshan  F.
Roshan F.

"Simple and Easy"

What do you like best?

It is the simplest Kanban board that I've come across. The application is very easy to use and it serves the purpose of giving you an overview of where each task stands in your project. It's so easy to fit into your daily work that I hardly put in any effort to learn the application. It subconsciously grows on you and you just can't stop using it - be it for your daily tasks or for managing your project

What do you dislike?

Users can be added to a card within a trello board. However, you can't really assign a card to a member of your board. All members who are watching this card will be updated when a comment/update is made to the card. It would've been nice if we were able to assign the card back and forth between members.

As a person who handles multiple projects with multiple teams, follow-up on tasks have always been a pain area. With Trello, I always know the status of each task depending on which status I place the Trello card in.

Trello review by Elynn S.
Elynn S.

"Colorful and simple layout"

What do you like best?

the layout is simple and you can customize it accordingly to the color for easier navigation. you can also upload more than 1 picture to the card created.the design for end users is simple and easy, you can view the number of comments and attachment on the summary of the card before clicking in to view on further details which helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

it is sometimes difficult to type in a paragraph because when i click enter it will post the information directly without me finish typing on the issue. also, it is not possible to look at the card number now making it difficult to locate by number, have to search by title.

Recommendations to others considering the product

no comment. we are using it internally.

trello is being used as an internal help support for our technical issues highlighted at the moment. it helps everyone to be on the same page on the issues highlihgted and we can locate it easily and update it accordingly if we get more examples on the issue. the issue will also be classified according to their progress.

Trello review by Leidy E.
Leidy E.

"online tools that optimize the way you work"

What do you like best?

It is one of the simple, simple, intuitive and FREE online project management tools, it is an online project manager that allows me to clarify my work routines, prioritize, generate appointment notices and many other options that make it so that organizing is not an problem.

Trello.com is configured as a board, very simple and intuitive, the board is distributed in columns or independent lists, which you can differentiate according to days, specific dates or areas that each of them collects. These lists are subdivided into entries called "cards" that collect the content or pending tasks in your project within each of the lists.

What do you dislike?

through the phone or tablet the interface is different, which makes it harder for me to follow the projects and see all the cards that are on the list. since it is observed in a different way to the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I would recommend it because the Trello program is responsible for managing tasks themselves, as well as making it possible to do it in a group and thus facilitate teamwork

Trello allows teamwork in an instantaneous and telematic way, in real time. This is because Trello allows you to invite other people to your boards, so you can start conversations mediating comments in relation to specific entries, share files in streaming and jointly develop online project management at the same time, since By dragging the users you choose to a board, everyone can see the same image and board at the same time.

Trello review by Dave E.
Dave E.

"Trello is Simple but Effective"

What do you like best?

Trello is awesome when it comes to getting plans laid out and working through tasks. It easy very easy to use and very easy to get started in. I not only use Trello for work and Projects I also use it for projects around the house. The way Trello works is simple and it is easy for me because it works with the way that I think.

What do you dislike?

The one issue I have had is the mobile app. It is harder for me to follow through the projects and it is a little harder to see all of the cards that are in the list. The other thing I would like to see is some more ability to customize some of the features. The features do work well but I would like to be able to set some things my self. The other issue I have is that it it is a little harder to track risks. There does not seem to be an easy way to set up issue tracking for a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is good to make sure you know what you need to accomplish before starting the software. If you have a plan going in of the goals you want to track you will be able to keep things straight.

Trello has helped keep track of some internal projects the we have been working on. I have used it to track tasks on smaller projects and have found it very helpful.

Trello review by Jeremiah B.
Jeremiah B.

"Primed for Visual Thinkers"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of visual space that takes place in Trello that allows many different images and files to be uploaded and seen at a glance-- which makes it simpler to keep track of projects and timelines based on the progression and order, depending on how your project management is set up. It is also highly customizable and can have lots of added features as well, which allow for a more streamlined experience, depending on what you most need.

What do you dislike?

The work setup is rather convoluted when it comes to how to attach files. There are so many different ways to attach things and yet there are no real "folders" when it is all said and done, so I'd like to see a little more help in that department. I find that there are too many ways to lose files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the program ZoHo, our company is looking into the features there and we are thinking about moving in that direction as we are able to incorporate even more of our internal features.

We have had a lot of success in keeping different projects lines up in various "chutes" so that there are obvious guidelines as to who is in charge of what area. Then we can drag and drop the cards with the information from each project between "chutes" to allow the next department to see what is on their plate and so everyone can keep track of how well we are doing for each of our deadlines.

Trello review by Lindsey P.
Lindsey P.

"Lightweight, easy-to-use tool for project management"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. The visual layout is nice for getting a quick feel for things. The mobile app is good, too.

What do you dislike?

I was very used to Jira before Trello and Trello has far fewer bells and whistles. In many cases, this is good; but I do bristle at not being able to do a few things, such as get a list view of cards, filter by cards I've added, filter by custom field values, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine how critical it is to be able to do lots of reporting on your projects tracked with Trello. If you want to be able to get a lot of analytics, I think another product would be better suited. If you're looking for a quick and easy setup and a visual, easily share-able, look at a given project or process, Trello is a good option.

We use Trello to manage our software development work and planning. We also use it to collaborate with customers on their needs and requests.

Trello review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Good tool to manage activities in your team / company"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, Trello isn't very expensive. Therefore making it an ideal choice for small and medium enterprises. Most importantly, Trello is easy to use. The card system contains all possible nuggets of information about a project. Trello’s notification system instantly informs you whenever something important happens via email and mobile. Trello works fast in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I have a few concerns with the customer support team of Trello. I've had to wait for a long time to wait for replies. This has really wasted my time and is very annoying. Along with this, I think Trello needs to improve its features so it could compete and win against other similiar software. Time-tracking and charts need to be improved specifically for me rating this software 10 stars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software to anyone reading this. Managing teams is very difficult and with Trello, you can easily manage the work, deadlines and the team. Must have! Eases your workload.

I've started using it for my team in order to have an overview of what everyone is working on. It allows me to assign them projects and due dates, give them attachments and information that they may need and they can flag a project for me to review. I can manage an organizational project and invite employees to do tasks such as to perform on a normal day in your home. Along with this, I get my notifications directly to my cell phone, since it has an application that I can use in my IOS.

Trello review by Molly M.
Molly M.

"User Friendly Project Management"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and User Interface. Hands down best in project management. I think many people try to make project management more difficult that it needs to be. Trello allows you to determine how in depth you want to be. It allows me to manage a team, projects, and my own to do list all in one place by using different boards. When you upgrade, their are so many awesome integrations and the upgrade is extremely affordable.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much I don't like about trello. I wish you could have some subcategories that you can filter through, but that's minor. I also wish sometimes that you could have kanban and a spreadsheet type view without exporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Throw away the post its. Trello is great for small to mid size teams, even solopreneurs.

project management, team collaboration, to do list. It's a great way for a team to collab. Creative's don't really love project management softwares and this one is easy enough to get a team to use and understand. I love being able to manage my own tasks in the same place I manage a teams by just creating another board.

Trello review by Prashant S.
Prashant S.

"Outstanding - Using for 6+ Years - Shared With 30+ Managers - Gold User"

What do you like best?

I Like the most feature of Managing the List as "To Do", "Doing" and "Done".

Next is Adding and Inviting the Members with The Priority, Visibility Settings and due date for the task.

Next is Adding the cross check list the major task and key points.

I found a very important feature also - that is power-ups , you can connect with other third party apps to make it more friendly and easy to manage more things in one platform.

There's more other feature also on inviting, sharing and other premium plans. I am using the gold plan.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything that I like least as my experience with this product for 6+ years - All Little things create a big platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally recommend it to all who are dealing with many projects with deadline and n numbers of client and team members. You can manage your projects to do, doing and done list easily by time duration, inviting, description, checklist and more.

I am able to manage my projects very easily. Update Due date, email Reminder, Checklist .. easily connect with third-party apps. First benefit is time-saving and easy management.

Trello review by Samantha T.
Samantha T.

"Super easy to use project management and team collaboration tool I've used for years"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Trello is that I get a ton of features and a fully-functional project management app even at the free level. I'm currently using it for collaborating with clients, and teammates for some of my clients where I work with other people for some projects. I also like that there is a MacOS app, as well as a mobile app so I can add tasks, or respond to task questions on the go.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to like, probably just that the user interface is too plain. I wish they added a part where we can add docs and files for clients or for a specific project. Other than that, everything about Trello is good and functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Trello! You can use the free version and it's totally functional, and contains everything you need to manage projects, or tasks successfully.

We keep the team on the same page, we make sure tasks are all organized, and that everyone know what exactly they need to do and when we expect things to get done. One of the biggest benefits is that it saves the me, and my clients time from having to go back and forth with emails on specific tasks, and having to look for emails. With Trello, each task has a card, and questions as well as answers and anything relevant to a specific task is already there. Work is easily tracked, such as work in progress, those that need to be reviewed, those that have been completed. Trello is really pretty basic, but it works for us. Trello saves us time, saves us effort, and the greatest benefit is that it keeps everyone on the loop.

Trello review by Glen M.
Glen M.

"Best Project Management System I've used so far for online business & marketing projects"

What do you like best?

The speed and simplicity. Fast learning curve for new team members. Everything is contextually relevant. Very flexible, can use a Kanban/Agile style workflow or other methods depending on the type of project. The mobile app is an excellent compliment to the web based interface. Lastly, there are browser add-ons that make Trello even more awesome.

What do you dislike?

Without that add-ons I mentioned. The interface can quickly become visually overwhelming for uninitiated team members. So having the ability to filter entire lists using the add-ons helps a lot. Triggering next actions once a precedent is completed doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for your next project. The free features are plenty to get you acquainted with it. If you're like me, you'll love it compared to other project management tools.

Clarity about project status - SOLVED. Coherent and contextually relevant communication with team members - SOLVED. Getting team members to actually USE the tool - ALMOST SOLVED (far better than other tools I've worked with in the past).

Trello review by Jacqueline G.
Jacqueline G.

"The best to organize work teams"

What do you like best?

Trello is the best organizer I have used, I like to assign tasks to my team, setting time goals and with the check I can motivate them to finish the assignment quickly and reward them with very nice labels. I also like the system that has referrals because with that I can unlock much more customizable options that make the experience much more fun trello.

What do you dislike?

The archiving system is not to my liking, the conversations are lost and everything you have attached to what you archived. At the beginning it cost me a little bit you know how tasks were generated and check

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Trello helps you organize even when you do not have enough time for it

The subject of the organization and monitoring of personnel, with this I can already carry a% of what is going to be done in real time, provided that everyone collaborates by updating their activities

Trello review by Tess M.
Tess M.

"Great for keeping track of informal projects and communications"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can get all of my to dos organized and prioritized with Trello. There's a lot of flexibility in how you can set up your workflow in Trello, so you can make it work for almost anything. Having an easy to decipher board of what is going on in each department is super helpful across the organization an allows for our team to better communicate and prioritize.

What do you dislike?

Trello is no so great at organizing very large projects with many tasks, but more of a day to day task list manager. When there are a lot of image assets or creative deliverables, it becomes a bit difficult to keep track of versions and feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is great for keeping track of day to day tasks, but gets a little muddled when dealing with enterprise level projects. We integrated Trello with Wrike in order to keep better tabs on our larger projects and it has helped keep team members with their daily to do lists while still giving us a great overall status level of a major project across multiple departments (and Trello boards) in one place.

Trello helps our team organize and collaborate with each other. Looking at different department Trello boards gives us the opportunity to see what the workload is across the company and make sure our priorities are on track.

Trello review by Adriana C M.
Adriana C M.

"This software makes planification and teamworking, easier "

What do you like best?

Trello is a wonderful software that helps you in the management of your projects, any kind of projects, no matter if is a personal project about remodeling you bedroom or a really big project at work with many people collaborating, that's what I like the most about Trello, its flexibility. They don't just offer you documentation, they also have a blog where they give you really useful and creative ideas to apply to your boards and templates to help you even more. You can either adapt Trello to Kanban method or if you have an agile team, you can use inspire yourself with templates like agile-sprint-ceremonies. Your creativity is the limit.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't erase permanently Trello Cards, even on a personal project. The user interface should be more flexible, where you can organizate better the columns on the screen, some of us don't want to horizontal scroll that much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is a software that really helps you to manage your project, but everything can go to nothing if you don't have any idea of how you want to organizate your team and keep a track of the project. It has many useful features, but you need to know how you can get advantage of them and mixed it with other project management methodologies, you are going to waste a great opportunity to increase your productivity. So, take your time to learn about project management and to learn about Trello.

We use Trello for task management and team collaboration. It's really valuable that you can keep a track of the progress of the project's tasks and also, add our ideas and other information about the project on the board. We find useful Trello's flexibility, we can adapt Trello to our needs, taking advantage of its useful features that makes organization easier for our team, incrementing our productivity. We use both, web platform and mobile app on Android.

Trello review by John C.
John C.

"Trello Review"

What do you like best?

It make managing tasks between a team super effortless. Everything you need is right there exactly where you would expect it. It is also very intuitive and easy to use. Moving things around, editing, and removing are all very seamless.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, doing a repetitive task is a bit of a hassle, such as labeling different tasks the same color. This is very minor, but when originally setting up a Board, it can be very cumbersome. I feel like that could be solved with the ability to select more than one card and apply edits to all of them at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely A great tool to handle project management for any task.

And coding project, I use Trello. Even for myself, it helps to visualize what needs to be done and what is being done. There is everything from color coordination to checklists. Adding images to the top of the cards was pretty cool too, makes the whole Board more approachable, and less boring. You are also able to assign people to different cards, allowing less confusion on what everyone is working on.

Trello review by Chance M.
Chance M.

"Trello ro work and Home"

What do you like best?

Trello is super easy task management. It makes it easy to give a visual look at tasking and projects. I use it in a team setup for work and I also use it at home to manage my personal projects around the house.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could change some simple setting like adding a picture for the background without have the premium account. I found that I didn't need many of the advanced feature included with premium, so I did not renew it, however, some of the simple customization also went away when that happened. There is a little lacking when it comes to linking other services. I was not incredibly happy with the slack integration and sometimes document sharing with other cloud services can be a lie strange users in the conversation don't have access to the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just jump ion and use it. However, trying to have a personal account and a business account did not work out for me very well. I have to invite my business account to all my personal boards so I didn't have to constantly sign in and out on my devices. If you have several teams or you outgrow standard organizations, you can start using a teams to allow for better organization.

Project management and Task assignments are key features of Trello. The way boards are laid out allow for easy organization by team or by task. Notes and notifications are easy to understand as well. Gives an easy quick look at everything going on.

Trello review by Nida A.
Nida A.

"Keeps everyone on the team updated"

What do you like best?

Visual presentation is very easy on the eyes; using different color themes, schemes, and ability to upload team building photos offers an amazing landscape with which to share info and communicate re subject or project.

What do you dislike?

Dislike having to send an invite for users not already in the Trello database. Most invited get auto routed to the receiver’s spam or junk mail, and oftentimes takes too long for invitees to figure out they’re not being spammed. This causes huge delays in scheduling meetings and moving forward with next steps.

Trello eliminates having to send multiple emails to the collaborators of and about a project. It houses all the pertinent info from the recruitment’s onboarding phase. Using Trello has decreased handling and manpower hours in having to fish out documentation from every which way. Also, the ability to assign individual cards to team members allow each to see what’s on their plate. Just need to remember to be logged in.

Trello review by Les D.
Les D.

"Great for personal use and company collaboration"

What do you like best?

Trello is great for organizing tasks, information, and upcoming deadlines or tasks. Being able to customize the board for each team, or project is absolutely great. Our company uses it to organize large projects, and manage individual tasks.

What do you dislike?

When you have multiple lists - you have to scroll left to right as they do not wrap. This is easily solved by installing a plugin through Stylish. After so many years you think they would have a responsive layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to create more boards, than it is to try and cram all of your company's information, projects, tasks etc on one board. Break it down as much as possible .

From individual tasks and todo's to large scale project rollouts Trello boards help us organize our minds and teams. Allowing every team member to see deadlines and progress on a project is absolutely invaluable. We tie Trello in with Slack, and updates come across our mobile devices to keep everyone in the know.

Trello review by Guy M.
Guy M.

"I've tried other project management tools and this is the best one! "

What do you like best?

I love the card system which tends to be a little hard to use in the beginning for some, at least it was for me, but after about two years of using Trello, I have to say I love it!

It also has a very useful feature where you can have an email address for each card and you can email that address and it is automatically populated with your email, which helps me keep track of what I have pending in terms of task management.

Trello Also makes it easy to create to-do's under each card so you can have multiple to-do's on the same list.

What I love about Trello is that it's more than your standard to-do list manager, it's a project management tool that allows you to easily create projects as "cards" and add a separate list of to-do's for each project card.

The app also works very well!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find something that I truly dislike from Trello, but if I had to say something I wish it was easier to add images for each card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Depending on what you are using now it may take some time for you to get used Trello, but try it because in the long run it will make you more productive and make it easier for you to stay organized and keep track of projects and tasks. You can also find very helpful videos on YouTube on how to use Trello!

- Project management

- Organization

- Task Completion

Trello review by LeEdna T.
LeEdna T.

"Good but still needs a little work"

What do you like best?

Trello is basically a to do list on steroids. I love how simple it is to use and that your can personalize just about everything even the background! I've used Trello off and on for a few years now and I love the changes that they've made.

What do you dislike?

They need to add a feature that will allow you to receive email reminders when a task is appraching the due date. if they changed this feature alone i would use trello a lot more. The due date feature is nice, but no good if you arent notified that the due date is coming up. There needs to be an individual business class plan because i use trello to keep myself organized and since I do not have a "team" its pointless for me to subscribe to trello business plan. I know they have to make money but the features do not really justify the costs for a single user. if they had a middle ground plan for like 4.00 a month i would sign up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take a look at the plans and pricing. Also add email notifications for upcoming due dates.

Trello helps me stay organized and thus increases my productivity at work. Maybe there are notification features in trello that i'm not aware of , but i did quite a bit of searching and i could not find the feature that allows you to set up notifications for upcoming due dates.

Trello review by Melissa D.
Melissa D.

"Great way to keep organized"

What do you like best?

This is a great way to keep all your ongoing projects in one place as well as see what you team members are doing. You can set deadlines, link needed pictures, documents, websites, ect, tag coworkers on specific projects and much more. You can organize into teams and personal boards, as well as have personal boards that no ones sees. You can have a board for your personal life if you want to as well! They have an easy to follow format on both the web and the app. You can follow when you have read something new and mare read when you are finished. I love how you can set easy to read colors so if you just need a quick reminder of what the card is about, the color is right there for you.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I would say could be improved is the app can sometimes be hard to open documents up on. But other than that, the app is super continent as well!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and keeps everything organized.

Everyone's agendas are in one place. This is great for us because most of the time we are a small team working independently and have different schedules. This organizes and streamlines conversations, projects, and timelines. This helps keep things from falling through the cracks.

Trello review by Brandon E.
Brandon E.

"Trello is the best alternative to Google Docs for tracking tasks"

What do you like best?

A lot of times, people and companies fall into what they know. Let's track "These tasks" in a Google Doc. It's almost like people can't get past the Google Doc name. Trello is amazing, easy to work with and configure for so many possible lists/tasks, etc.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there were more options when it came to layouts, color schemes, etc. Also it would be great to get preconfigured themes that fit a particular type of task list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is amazingly flexible in ways that I don't think immediately come to mind. PTO Calendars, work force task tracking, onboarding scheduling, training scheduling and assigning tasks/cards to varying personnel, there is a ton of ways to use Trello that you wouldn't immediately think of.

While ramping up a new customer service center we did not have a work force management system and easy way to handle a PTO calendar, performance tracking, and so on. Trello made this easy, and accessible from anywhere.

Trello review by Kristin P.
Kristin P.

"Trello makes it easy to collaborate"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to collaborate. You can add people to contribue and used boards to organize tasks/jobs per person. Makes it a great workflow option when you have more than one person working on a project.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike. I haven't come across any issues yet, which after a few months of being a Trello user, is unheard of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the boards to organize! It makes it so much easier!

I use Trello to help organize tasks. One board is used to work that needs to be done, another for work in process, then another board to indicate that my job is done and it's ready to be edited by the next contributor. This makes it so easy to keep tasks organzied and to know when it's time for the next person to complete their portion of the task. Makes it a million times easier to collaborate!

Trello review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"Whiteboard for everyone"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Trello is that you can use it for any purpose not just for project management. You can use it as a reminder, trip planner, event planner etc. I use it for all purposes, but I started using it in my company with my colleagues while we were working on some big project, now I can't imagine my work day without Trello.

What do you dislike?

Everything is perfect about Trello, the only downside I can think off would be expensive powerups. But that is fine since all the powerups do a great job and saves you a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to anyone that wants to stay productive throughout the business day.

We are using Trello for our big projects, and we figured that we can even use Trello to archive our past projects, just to have them over there online so that we can find them easily and remember of workflow, how it went, how much money we spent on given project etc.

Trello review by Guillermo D.
Guillermo D.

"A good tool to organise a project."

What do you like best?

Trello is useful if you want to control all the things you have to do in the following days. It can be helpful for shared projects because you can see the state of a project with a quick view. Also you can use it as a to-do list, to mark the things you have done and what you have to do.

What do you dislike?

I think the options of Trello are limited. It's necessary to add new features, because I think in the last years a lot of alternatives had appeared in the market and Trello has not innovated enough to continue in the lead.

Sometimes the collaborative options are not enough and you have to be really creative to achieve what you want. That is reallated with the first thing I wrote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello can be a useful tool if you are looking for an app to control a project. The problem is that needs a change of philosophy in your team to adapt to the methodology that uses Trello.

Trello can help you to organise a project if many people are involved in. You can know exactly the progress that has happened in the last days in the projects that you hace inside Trello.

You can divide projects and tasks and asign them into different workers. That allows you to know who is responsible of each task, and gives you the opportunity to support the projects that need extra effort to achieve the goals.

Trello review by Carlos E.
Carlos E.

"Trello: olympic task manager"

What do you like best?

One of the amenities that Trello offers is that you do not have to erase anything. When you want to clean up the tasks performed, you just have to archive them and they disappear on their own. In addition, it allows you to view all archived items at any time and search.

Therefore, Trello not only serves to manage projects with other people, it can also be very useful to maintain a good personal organization.

This task manager also has a mobile version for iPhone and iPad.

What do you dislike?

Everything is organized on boards. When the team and projects grow, the boards play against us. For example, to assign a task you must first think about which board corresponds, look for it, enter it and just assign the task.

It does not have global labels. Again the problem of the boards. In each board you must define your labels specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In Trello everything happens in the boards, which are spaces where we can work together with a team in tasks of a project (a board can correspond to a project or have several boards for specific areas of a project), so in Trello you will not find the option to create projects, only boards.

The cards can be assigned to a member of the group, put delivery dates, add stickers etc., In addition, can move from one list to another by drag & drop or what is the same, drag and drop.

So as an team manager my members can organise and collaborate between departments and use the same tasks and putting them in the specific stage by themselves

Trello review by Victor F.
Victor F.

"Manage your projects easily and for free!"

What do you like best?

It is a very intuitive tool, perfect to develop in an organized way private and public projects, individual and group. As an administrator you can consider many available features to optimize the management of your projects, you can interact with other members of the team or even with the public!!!

The power-up are great, they are advanced features more adapted to your needs, ranging from simple calendars to the complex and wonderful Scrum system. For free you have a very limited number, but you can try what you want.

What do you dislike?

What displeases me is that the Web tool and the Android app differ in the available Power-up, so it changes the way of managing projects from the smart phone, it is very limited. A very clear example is what happens in my personal project, I have Scrum enabled in the web tool but from my smart phone I do not have this power-up, for that reason its characteristics are not available to me when I try to advance in my project outside of the Office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy, intuitive and with a free portfolio of features. Simply an ideal option to undertake personal or group projects. Its simplicity catches you and motivates you to seek greater organization in your ideas.

In Trello, the organization of projects based on tasks, is a simple but very powerful idea to manage the actions to be carried out aimed at achieving objectives, minimizing planning errors and allowing the chronological organization of tasks and actions, obtaining as a benefit the adequate use of resources and the ideal distribution of work hours implemented.

Trello review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Has organized the tasks between my coworkers and I well enough that nothing gets repeated"

What do you like best?

I like that you can label tasks by "to do" and "to do priority" and also that it is so easy (and satisfying) to just drag the task to "Done" once it's complete. This is a very efficient website and it hasn't failed on us yet - you just have to make sure (as the admin) to give people access to making changes to the trello board. The best part about Trello is that it shows all tasks on one board.

What do you dislike?

If you're in a rush or not being sure to keep it organized then it can get messy. You also have to give everyone complete access to the account to drag any task to complete - which also means anyone can change and mess with the tasks. I also wish that Trello was connected to our email accounts so that each employee would get an email update when a task has been added to the trello board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is a great way to keep a company organized. I recommend giving everyone admin access and using it for every task throughout the company (or sector of the company). It is efficient and keeps the company moving fluently

A lot of tasks (packing for events, counting inventory, tracking budget) were being done multiple times - which wastes time and occasionally sends out info or a package twice. Trello has made the company look like we're more on top of it and more efficient.

Trello review by Samael L.
Samael L.

"Trello an amazing tool!"

What do you like best?

What I most liked about Trello is that I can manage whatever project I am working on. I can create cards within my board. I can share my boards with my colleagues. As well, I have the feature of having, not just one board, but several boards for different projects. With Trello, I am able to see who is working on what. I can create boards, lists, and cards to manage my projects without any issues.

What do you dislike?

What I most dislike about Trello is that sometimes it is kind of hard to find information. However, I think that if you know how to organize yourself, this tool will be a great fit for your company. Unfortunately, Trello does not have the feature to export my information, for example, pull Trello reports and add them to a spreadsheet to have a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly overall report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Trello to be used in your organization. You will not regret investing in this tool. You will be able to work, assign, track everything within the tool. It will work for people who are interested in having a better management in their company.

What I have been solving with this tool, is that I don't have to be over someone looking at what he is doing. I can assign stuff, tag people in cards, and do other several great things with all the features that Trello provides.

Trello review by Delores A.
Delores A.

"Great Tool for Organizing and Collaborating"

What do you like best?

Trello makes it easy for you to know where you are in a project at any given time and to update project status within seconds. I also particularly enjoy the fact that you can invite members outside your organization to view your cards.

What do you dislike?

Cards and tasks are limited to one board, which can be troublesome when you have projects that share components and need to show up in more than one.

It is also difficult (or sometimes impossible) to use keyboard shortcuts in Trello--which can lead to lost time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a project management tool that will allow you to easily visualize what status your projects are in, Trello is the tool for you!

Trello is making it easy for me to organize the multiple design projects that I am working on at one time. I design in an Agile manner, and Trello makes it possible for me to maintain a virtual scrum board.

Trello review by Anthony V.
Anthony V.

"How using Trello can help you keep all your goals organized"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Trello is the user friendly interface. Opening the dashboard once everything is setup just looks nice, and the Kanban board is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Due to the simplicity of the software, i do feel like it is missing a few setup options that would help by "OCD" type feelings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello offers a free sign-up. Since it is so easy and quick to setup, there is almost no loss impact to you or the business. Within a few hours, you can see if it's going to help you and your team move in the right direction or not. I run a customer service department for a software company. Trello's kanban board helps me manage everyone swimlanes pretty easily.

The business problem that I am solving is how to stay organized with the 100 projects you have going on in the office, spread across multiple departments with multiple people in those departments. 1 benefit that I have realised is that when my boss wants to know what is going on, he can just look at the Trello board. No need for me to remember what is going on, just look at the board.

Trello review by Lynn T.
Lynn T.

"Best project manager out there"

What do you like best?

I love the visual nature of the boards. Boards are easy to create and you can share any board with specific users. The powerups or API allows you to integrate with just about any other software. Within one card you can collect an enormous amount of data, have checklists, and comments.

What do you dislike?

There isn't one central place where it is easy to see everything together. It's very board oriented. It would be so much better if there was a task list that could be filtered. We ultimately got around this by writing a dashboard for an overview and then we use trello itself for working within a specific project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to get started. Sign up and then browse the example boards you can find on the web. Once you find something you like, you can copy the board to your own space and start using it. Such a time saver!

Managing software development projects, customer onboarding, employee guides, social media planning, you name it! We have a lot of time by knowing everything is in one place.

Trello review by Israel L.
Israel L.

"Trello is a great software to manage projects"

What do you like best?

Since we started using Trello in the company, the workflow changed, everything is in place, we can manage more than one project at a time thanks to the boards, we are up to date with the tasks since the software has functionalities to assign a task to a member of the project and also be able to assign a delivery date, and other than that you can see the life of the project (All the activity you had). You can classify the tasks by means of labels to have more organization. It has integrations that allow you to share files easily with different platforms.

What do you dislike?

Trello should add support for extensions or plugins

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is an easy to use and configure tool, excellent for managing software development projects.

Thanks to Trello we have been able to manage projects more easily, the work is reduced since everything is in one place.

Trello review by Andrei Dorin P.
Andrei Dorin P.

"Very flexible project management with a few things missing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Trello is how flexible it is when it comes to organizing and monitoring projects. As opposed to other similar platforms like Jira, for instance, with Trello everything is just a click or a click-and-drag away. I also love how, with a few tweaks that are available when using browser extensions, you can make your boards look really great and get extra functionalities as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to do some more customization without having to install browser extensions. Also, a feature that allows you to create parent-child links between cards would be awesome, since now you have to create a checklist on the parent card and then add all the url's of the "child" cards, which can take a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible solution to manage very dynamic projects, Trello is an excellent tool. However, take into consideration the fact that there are no levels of users access and anyone who has access to a Trello board is able to make significant changes, including deleting tasks and projects.

The main problem Trello solves for our team is tracking projects that change very often. It's not easy to work with a more rigid platform when tasks get daily updates and you have to remove tasks and add new ones very often. Trello makes it very easy to manage such projects, saving us a lot of time and allowing team members to communicate easily on team projects.

Trello review by Carla B.
Carla B.

"Project organizer that allows you to add collaborating members and assign tasks and track each one."

What do you like best?

Excellent tool that allows you to take control of personal tasks, work and independent projects, allows you to keep all the tasks for each project in one place. It helps to organize projects with clients, trips with friends or any other personal project. You can place you can add people as members to the different tables attach reference images and record the progress of each task.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any inconvenience Your design could be more customizable. It is a collaborative application that provides many useful tools. I do not see anything wrong, you can only add more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful for the organization of work or personal tasks, any project will be much more agile and objectives will be achieved in the best way thanks to this tool.

Help with the organization of work and each of the tasks decreasing time increasing productivity and allowing collaboration.

Trello review by Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.

"So much possibility"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible Trello is. You can really create a workflow that makes sense to you. It’s a great accountability tool both for myself and my employees because teams can work on trello boards together.

What do you dislike?

In some ways the flexibility is a bit overwhelming. It’s hard to really sink ypur teeth into what you can really accomplish with trello because it’s essentially like giving you a stack of digital sticky notes and you can basically do what you want. Some more sample trello boards would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get acquainted with the product and get creative with it. Once you start to wrap your brain around what’s possible, the sky is the limit and you will feel much more organized.

The biggest benefit is team accountability and keeping us all on the same page. We don’t have to-do lists all over the place anymore. Just a single trello board per team member to keep them on track and keep me apprised of where they are at.

Trello review by Micha v.
Micha v.

"Amazingly easy to use kanban board"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to start using a planboard and add tasks to follow a certain stepwise process. Just fill a title and you are ready to go. At each task (or card) you can add more details and even have discussions with people you work on the task.

What do you dislike?

Although it is easy to add flexibility to how you set up things, you can also lose yourself in trying to keep optimizing your workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use a easy-to-use planboard in kanban style, this online tool is great and takes just a few minutes to set up a board and start using it. Even with the free plan has the feature set to use it in a professional environment.

We used this to optimize the writing of small articles to fill our knowledge base. It was a great container for adding ideas and following the process of each idea, both from the managing side as from the task side.

Trello review by Ana P.
Ana P.

"makes it easier to manage team tasks"

What do you like best?

the handling of the tasks through boards makes faster the visualization of them, it is incredibly easy to use, the cards are organized by dragging and dropping them and allows to differentiate them using color labels. What I like the most is the ease of forming teams, granting them permissions and assigning them to tasks, plus in each task it is possible to attach files, place due dates and checklists to control those that have already been made. If you have any need not covered with trello or need to use it in combination with another tool you can add what they call power-ups for example slack or confluence cloud.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a function within the same application that allows to show in graphical form (for example a gantt diagram) the progress of the tasks in time, for this it is necessary to use a powerup and in the free version this is very limited the amount of powerups that can be enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a need to use many powerups or to attach large files up to 250 GB, it is worth subscribing to the business class plan that has a low per user fee if paid annually. If security is very important in your organization, then the best option is the enterprise plan.

allows me to assign specific tasks to specific members of the teams in an easy and fast way with the necessary integration with many g-suite applications.

Trello review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Trello: My Go-To Task List and Time Management Helper"

What do you like best?

I like making lists. I like the satisfaction of moving a task from an incomplete list to the "finished!" list. Trello helps me stay on top of my extensive list of jobs and prioritize better than I was able to do with just email and my own lists before.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more customization ability without having to pay extra. For short cards, I would like to be able to stack another card below it to make all of my cards visible on my screen at one time. The need to scroll across sometimes makes me forget about cards that are all the way to the right of the board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Trello for personal and team use. I started out using it personally to keep myself organized, and as I saw a greater functionality in it, I proposed that other staff members also use Trello. We created a Team and share cards and boards internally now.

In the past, I was using mostly my email inbox as my "to do" list. This caused a real backlog in my inbox and anxiety over having "too much to do". Using Trello has enabled to be prioritize these things in a more efficient manner. I also like the ability to tag other staff members in on my cards and have a Team to share with.

Trello review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"Great for Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I think this is an excellent tool / software for managing your projects and reporting. In a team, Collaboration, communication and partnership is very important. WIth Trello my team and I can check which project is at which stage of completion. With Trello, you can save out on alot of time and effort. Great interface. Excellent customer support and great quality!

What do you dislike?

Trello's highest plan only allows 250 MB as attachments which I think is a bit less. In order to send large data files I then have to use an external drive or send it via another software. Also, I believe the feature of real time tracking should be added as I often need it for my investment portfolios. Even had issues with the mobile application in my iPhone so improvements needed here as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this. This software has done wonders for me. I can better manage my projects and keep a check on the deadlines as well.

In my field, I have to make a lot reports which are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and half yearly. Reports, which can't be delayed by even a day as my clients and customers need investment information instantly. Trello helps in managing these deadlines. My team is kept in the loop every step of the way and they know everything that has to be done.

Trello review by Julia M. R.
Julia M. R.

"Project Management for the List-Minded"

What do you like best?

Beautiful visual presentation of tasks, simple and easy for multiple teams with multiple priorities to view and understand. Extremely easy set up and launch time - it works really well for a small organization like mine where we are free to use tools that help us succeed, and I did not have to persuade my colleagues to use it as well, they saw it was working for me and asked to join my trello boards. It's a great group '"to-do list"

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to pin urgency/timeline to tasks without implementing other features such as g-suite, and all team members have to be the habit of checking it daily, it doesn't automatically email you updates. That said, I think a lot of project management tools fail to catch on in organizations because it becomse more work to do data entry. Trello's natural minimimialism makes buy-in easy and only a few people have to be responsible for keeping it current.

For event planning and multi-customer strategies, the relationship between sales and marketing has strengthened tremendously in my organization. Very easy to assign accountability and and manage priorities for all team members to see and quickly understand.

Trello review by Tristan C.
Tristan C.

"Good for task management and great for collaboration across agencies"

What do you like best?

I like that we can create different teams with sets of tasks for each team. Within those tasks we can have back and forth discussion, share documents, speadsheets, etc., and also see completed items (or hide them if you are so inclined).

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way for individual users to hide teams, so that they show up as an icon but you wouldn't need to see the list of tasks. This doesn't have much a functional difference as so much a visual/aesthetic so each user can focus in on the few teams they are on instead of all of the teams on a large project like ours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall a good project management/collaboration service.

We use Trello to coordinate a school/community based project that involved collaboration across agencies. That being said I think it takes the clutter out of inboxes by keeping chat on Trello; i.e., avoiding getting CC'd on a long email chain that you are barely involved in (ugh). This way with Trello we can setup notifications for certain teams or tasks if we want.

Trello review by Marianny Carolina B.
Marianny Carolina B.

"The best project organizer that I have used to manage my projects, increase my productivity."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that the boards can be customized and made more attractive, it also organizes tasks harmonizing the environment and the boards can be personal, public and private so that the convenience is chosen according to the case. You can upload files up to 10 MB in a free subscription from a computer or attach from google drive, one drive, among others.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it is a bit difficult to understand the software tools to be able to sort the boards and start assignments of tasks to reach the objectives of a project, but once understood this software is very useful, so I use it personally to organize my homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to carry out personal and business projects, this is the most appropriate tool to manage it. I recommend it.

You can even subscribe for free

Having a board with everything organized encourages you to fulfill your functions

Help manage your time according to priorities

Trello allows me to organize my time among so many pending things at work, it also allows assigning tasks to other people where you work as a team and in this way everyone knows what they have to do and can indicate when they finished, it is an indispensable instrument to accelerate productivity and efficiency.

Trello review by FRANCISCO G.
FRANCISCO G.

"I found the solution to organize my tasks with Trello. "

What do you like best?

With Trello you can organize my tasks adding boards that I can identify with the help of this truly useful software. It is definitely good; I like how it complements the support and other functionalities of the operating system. Didactic and envolvente to create and design different roles within the work team.

What do you dislike?

Some things that I find uncomfortable; they are the information protection platform. There is no PaaS system where you can store data and then review. This tool can be more interesting with the incoporaion of these tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very good for organizing tasks and designing tracking tables. It has served me and I continue to use it within my organization.

As an analyst I have many requests for reports that must be issued to my superiors. Trello facilitated the process to organize and prioritize my family and work issues.

Trello review by Francis Carolina L.
Francis Carolina L.

"multitasking organizer or digital personal assistant"

What do you like best?

Trello is a project management tool that makes collaboration simple and, I would say, even fun. The reality is that it serves almost everything. It is simple to use, really its use is intuitive. Another feature that I like is the ability to manage work teams and quickly see which part of a project is running. Trello has many functions that you can apply to each project that you are managing to facilitate the work. The thing is that only the experience with daily use, is that you can increase the effectiveness of the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you are not careful with the design of the project, it can get messy, keeping a considerable amount of users, columns and cards on a single board can quickly become exhausting. Besides this, one major fault with Trello is that their Power-Ups are a serious limitation, as you are only allowed one Power-Up per board. In my situation, I think it is expensive to access the business version, since I am using Trello in a entrepreneurship that is not yet generating income.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you use Trello for the following reasons:

It's cheap, even free.

Very easy to use

It is a very striking visual tool.

You can efficiently organize your life

I have recently developed several Independent commercial entrepreneurship. Some of them are in collaboration with partners that are abroad, so with his project management tool we can coordinate the deliverables, manage dates, meetings, assign responsibilities and all this remotely.

Trello review by Kelly B.
Kelly B.

"Great for project management with multiple steps"

What do you like best?

I found Trello helpful primarily for content management. It was great for setting up workflow from the start of a project to the very end. For example, flowing through the idea stage, to the rough draft, to editing rounds, final project, and finally scheduling for posting and social media sharing was very intuitive and helped streamline production immensely.

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything about Trello—it was easy to use and great for our team to keep track of projects and where they were on the pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was easy to use and for a big team to keep track of projects and status updates.

Keeping track of project statuses without having to ask anyone was super helpful, as it allowed us all to focus more on the actual work vs. needing to explain the same status to 3 different people at any given moment.

Trello review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"good for solo use and collaboration. "

What do you like best?

Trello is great for organizing information, ideas, and upcoming events and deadlines. I also love that I can customize what each board looks like, which helps me keep track of which board I'm on. Trello helps keep my team together and focused on creating great content.

What do you dislike?

It can feel a bit clunky at times, and I just switch back to Google docs or a good old sticky note. It feels like there's a lot of upkeep involved - moving cards around after completing a task isn't quite as satisfying as scratching an item off a list. I don't really like the stickers, either, they are just a distraction and don't add much to the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for organizing time sensitive and dependent content. It has been so great to see items move from "to do" to "doing" and finally to "done"! I would recommend this product to friends who want to keep a project organized and up to date when collaborating remotely, when using multiple devices to do work, and over long periods of time.

organization, cataloging ideas, collaboration with partners in remote locations. this has been great working with two other partners in two other states. Sometimes, we just don't have time to have a phone call, so checking in on our Trello board keeps us in the loop. It's also nice to look back and remember what we've decided and what each person was assigned or thought of for a project.

Trello review by Amber S.
Amber S.

"Great Tool with Unlimited Purposes "

What do you like best?

That it can apply to the tasks and organizational requirements at both the office and home. I can fully customize the flow of things and where I want things. Love that there is a calendar function that is separate from my crazy gmail calendar but I have the option to sink that too.

What do you dislike?

It can be overwhelming sometimes to picture and set up the structure of your boards. You just have to map it out first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get overwhelmed. Sometimes it's hard to imagine the big picture but once you get everything set up its so worth it!

Managing what phases my accounts were in and the To Do list items that they needed to complete in each phase and when I should be following up with them. Helps with planning events and organize who is doing what when I am out of town.

Trello review by Brady E.
Brady E.

"Effective team/solo collaboration and organization tool"

What do you like best?

Trello organizes content into boards, columns and cards. I really enjoy the use of cards to help visually organize and parse tasks to be completed. Everything feels simultaneously segmented yet cohesive.

What do you dislike?

I have had issues with Trello not showing some of my boards. This has only happened a few times. The visual aesthetic may also not be everyone's favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself some time to get acclimated to using Trello. For many people, especially those who are less familiar with phone app technology, the interface can take some time to get used to. Our team took a couple weeks for everyone to be roughly on the same page.

We previously organized our to-do list and tasks on a whiteboard, however constantly erasing and changing the whiteboard became very tedious and we had no way to check it from a distance. Trello allows us to just open our phones quickly anywhere on the property to see what needs to be done. It also has attachments like photos that we can quickly refer to as we are walking around the museum.

Trello review by Spencer S.
Spencer S.

"Simplify & Organize Your Work With Trello"

What do you like best?

Trello is user friendly, organized and the best little personal assistant keeping you ahead of the game. Trello is perfect for long-lead or short lead projects. With the help of their handy features you can check items off a list, get reminders and give tasks to other people

What do you dislike?

There is a two-function deletion process for deleting items. While this could be good for some, I have to click archive and then delete to remove a tile instead of just deleting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello has and continues to develop new features to help streamline your work and make you more organized. Read the articles from Trello to learn how to connect your email to Trello and automate more of your work! The possibilities are limitless!

Trello is vital in keeping afloat and ahead of projects. Trello is your friendly sidekick reminding you of projects.

Trello review by William C.
William C.

"Best kanban board manager ever !"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the simplicity it has but the customizability it offers with power-ups and other tools.

You can't go wrong with Trello for small teams and for bigger teams!

Even the free version is really great, you dont really need the paid version until you require bigger teams or more power ups, which are essentially plugins or add ons you can add to your Trello boards to enhance your workflow, connect with other service and make the best out of your Trello experience. I would definitively recommend it to anyone looking for a good free project management app!

What do you dislike?

The fact that you choose how the boards are laid out. When you have a bunch of lists, you have to scroll from left to right, even on mobile ! Kinda annoying, which you could choose wether or not you want them stacked vertically or horizontally (i know vertical does not make sense for a kanban board, but it makes sense on mobile !

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can def be used for bigger projects, but it should be separated per teams and not to a whole entreprise as it can get cluttered really quickly.

Managing tasks, releases and milestones. I used and use it for smaller projects and personal projects. It makes managing tasks and goals to reach a pleasure to use on smaller projects.

Trello review by Dana O.
Dana O.

"Using Trello for Marketing and Cataloging"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Trello is the filter feature, which makes it incredibly easy to search through all of my cards based on specific words, categories, or due date. The ability to prioritize tasks and have all of my teammates review upcoming assignments and due dates is indispensable. Trello is incredibly customizable, which is great for an organization that needs to use in several different ways.

What do you dislike?

It can easily feel crowded or overwhelming, if you have numbers cards and boards, but you can also use it in a simplified way, so it balances out. My one suggestion would be to make comments searchable in the filter because that would make it even easier to search with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part of Trello is the how easy it is to use it as a collaboration tool! All of my team members are on the same page, and we are all able to see upcoming deadlines, create check lists for projects and plan our marketing editorial calendar.

We are solving communication issues by listing our priorities and our To Do List on Trello for our whole team to see. We are more productive and stay on task with Trello.

Trello review by Jeremy Z.
Jeremy Z.

"Fully flexible management tool, best parts available for free."

What do you like best?

Trello has great, simple visual design, making it easy to get into for first-time users. It can be used for all kinds of projects, from enterprise to personal – you're limited only by your imagination. Trello encourages experimentation and often delivers on user intention. Drag and drop interactivity is great. Fully supported by Atlassian, which acquired this great product after years of fanbase love from it's creators, Fog Creek Software.

What do you dislike?

I wish the calendar was supported at the free level, but you can invite other people to collaborate and earn Trello Gold to boost your add-ons. Really, I have no complaints, especially as this is a free product. Note that your Trello boards with which you used your Gold add-on boost will continue to have an integrated calendar even after your Gold term expires – another kindness from the software creators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After you've looked around at other project management software, give Trello a try and see if it suits your needs. I've found it can suit almost any need! It purposely keeps things simple so you can focus on your goals – and Trello will help you zone in on those goals with it's flexibility to handle any kind of planning. Also check out their blog for great articles and tips.

I've used Trello to organize personal vacations, small business projects, website development, and more. You can add photos and documents to your cards; everyone I've invited to collaborate on a Trello board has seen its benefits and enthusiastically embraced its utility. It's great for keeping all documents and plans in one place.

Trello review by Katie Y.
Katie Y.

"Surface and organise work quickly"

What do you like best?

Trello is FREE and super easy to use - so you can start organizing your work quickly and easily without any laborious training. It's also easy to share your work with others and access it from any device - no matter where you are. There is plenty of design features that make standard work lists/tasks easier to digest visually with multi-colored labels, images, checklists and stickers.

What do you dislike?

If you don't think through the structure of your project boards, they can get unwieldy very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for start-ups or SMBs. Just give it a go and see for yourself - it's FREE

The ability to surface and visualize information quickly and easily across teams is very useful. We started using it to manage the work within our marketing team. But have also used it for broader company-wide projects like onboardng new team members. We're a relatively small company - so the biggest benefit for us right now is cost-savings.

Trello review by Josh T.
Josh T.

"Great organization software for those that don't want to spend time organizing."

What do you like best?

Trello allows a team to have really simple project management without a significant time investment. This is the first project management software we used as an entire company and we have very few complaints from the employees. Cloud version works great. Trello also has amazing API support, so it is very easy to integrate it into existing internal software our company uses.

What do you dislike?

Desktop client uses a ton of ram for the application's purpose. While trello is great for day-to-day responsbilities and managing smaller projects, it can feel like there's too much going on if you are using it to manage very large projects. Their iOS app can be very slow and buggy at times, especially if you are active on multiple boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello has a freemium business model which is great, makes trying it out relatively safe.

Trying to stay organized at a small company working on many projects as once. Before using Trello we primarily used a collection of whiteboards and sticky notes to keep track of projects. Trello has significantly reduced issues surrounding around communication and responsibilities. It allows us to have a clear overview of each day's goals.

Trello review by Michael U.
Michael U.

"A competent team project management app"

What do you like best?

Trello is reasonably powerful group or team management app for delegating and tracking projects, tasks, and to-do's. It manages the basics pretty handily while also being very easy for new users or team members to understand and make use of.

What do you dislike?

For us, the main 'con' or downside is that there is no progress reporting. Projects and tasks can be commented on, but there is no way to output reporting on progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your requirements. We spent a lot of time vetting just a small number of the zillions of project management & collaboration apps before deciding to go with Trello.

As a small agency, we have very disparate client requirements. Trello lets me use cards, tags, and color-coding to keep client projects organized. In addition, we make heavy use of freelancers and VA's (virtual assistants). Our employees and oursourcers are 'scattered' across the globe in very different time zones. Trello lets me delegate and manage projects & tasks, and maintain a somewhat cohesive workflow without having to necessarily communicate in real time.

Trello review by John H.
John H.

"Great Way to Stay Organized During Group Projects"

What do you like best?

This platform is extremely easy to setup and use. There have been a lot of new integrations and feature releases over the past year+ which has made it much more usable. The newer integrations with my email client and a PC-based app has made it even easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The overall interface still feels clunky at times. While using multiple boards is great, any overlap makes this platform feel a bit heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key to getting the most out of Trello is knowing how you want to use it and what goals you want to accomplish with it. I used it for a quite a while before I sat down and created an effective strategy for integrating it effectively. It is ideal for onboarding and group projects. While I also use it as a general to-do/task manager, there are still some features needed to completely eliminate my other task manager.

I use Trello to train/track freelancers, manage group projects, and client onboarding.

Trello review by Paula C.
Paula C.

"Trello Review"

What do you like best?

Trello has been helpful for content sharing, project management, project sharing within a group or committee

What do you dislike?

The Boards can become cumbersome, multiple, confusing. There should be a better way for creating areas to work on or groups to work on. Also the email updates from trello are long. They can be cut down as well with the basic minimum update. I cant read the whole email on my phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to setup and implement, but once you have a system, it actually works pretty good. It really helped us streamline our process

We are a group who work on projects as they are requested. We all work from our home offices and don't see each other. It was getting cumbersome passing emails around with updates and new requests and keeping track of who was working on what. Trello allowed us to build a project request/ queue system.

Trello review by Travis D.
Travis D.

"Trello keeps me organized"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and user friendly the UX is for Trello. I also really love how I can bring in different people to work on projects with me.

What do you dislike?

The most challenging part about Trello is that you have to form a new habit of staying organized! I needed to and still need to build a cadence of checking and updating Trello so that I can maximize my effectiveness, that's not a tool issue, that is a user issue! It also has some limitations around the ways you can break out specific tasks on a card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free version and a paid version - the paid version allows for more customizations, features and functions but you can start using it for free to get a sense of if it is for you. There are more robust tools available but the price point (free or paid) is the right price for all of the use cases that we use it for in the company. If you are looking for a really robust tool for software development in the agile framework to coordinate your epics and track velocity you may want to look for a more robust tool.

I have a team of 9 people that work full time in other parts of the organization and we meet once a week in person. Trello allows us to keep each other updated on projects, ask for help and share ideas so that we are all on the same page and con collaborate without always having to meet face to face.

Trello review by Guiomar T.
Guiomar T.

"Good interface but lacking some features"

What do you like best?

I really like the web Interface and the android app. It is very user friendly, and with the integration of the Unsplash backgrounds, it have become not only usable but even pretty.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 main issues that I don't like from trello. First not nested cards, for most projects, availability of nested cards simplifies the management of tasks. Such an atomic way of defining cards/tasks is inefficient for big projects (and many times, for no so big ones).

The second thing I don't like is the management of add-ons (power-ups) they are quite expensive to add more that one or two. And many of them have additional costs. You should pay trello for the possibility of adding additional functionalities (ok, this is fair enough, although a bit expensive) and then you need to pay the company providing the add-on (power-up) so you need to pay twice. Also sometimes this add-ons (power-ups) are licensed by user (no by panel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if is free, check if you would need some power-ups and evaluate the costs, because it can rise the price if you would want many power-ups and you need to pay trello and the developer of the power-up...

If you go for no power-ups or just basic ones, it is ok, and the mobile application is quite nice. But remember no nested cards...

We manage collaboration from different partners to a common project in order to sort tasks, due dates, and responsible for the tasks.

Trello review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"Collaborative Dream"

What do you like best?

- Once you understand the framework, it's so easy, and it seems as though the possibilities are endless, so it leaves a lot of room for creativity, and it can be used to manage seemingly any project.

- Unsplash backgrounds (because who wants to work in an unsightly environment?)

What do you dislike?

- Can't have one card or list that appears in multiple boards and syncs across them all when you make changes in one.

- Can't set individual due dates for items in a card's checklist.

- Notifications can get a bit overwhelming sometimes . . . and other times, it seems as though they're not sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it. Sit with it. The first time you access it, it won't make much sense. It feels like a blank canvas with no clear direction of where to go. But that's precisely the beauty of it—there's endless possibilities of how you can organize your thoughts and tasks as you work through it. It's great because you will find sweet spots and strategies that can be repeated. But when you need to innovate and find a different approach, it seems possible, depending on the specific needs of any given project.

Lifesaver for collaborative projects in the design/communications department. Use it to manage projects and for strategy.

Trello review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Trello makes life easy for comsultants"

What do you like best?

There are two parts of Trello I like best. The first is being able to collaborate outside my organization. I is Trello for Milestone tracking, document sharing , and collaboration with my external clients. Just a simple email invite gets them involved and allows me to be transparent throughout the engagement.

My scon like is the integration. I presently have TeamGannt integrated to we can get a tradional gannt chart view of tasks and progress and I use the CloudApp integration to provide status updates that are more engaging than text.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a built in gannt view. Also, not a fan of the stickers, it doesn’t feel very professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try on a project and see how easy it is to set up and collaborate.

Collaboration and project tracking that also allows me to upload deliverables. This allows me to place all key documents in the tool vs. linking other document sharing apps. This keeps my outside clients collaborating in a single workspace when doing a job with us.

Trello review by Lydia A.
Lydia A.

"Finally on top of our calendar and events!"

What do you like best?

Trello was the first tool we tried to organize our nonprofit's editorial calendar. We love that it is completely customizable in terms of how you want to organize your project. We've been using it for about two years now, and our marketing and learning teams are much more organized and are better promoting our events and programs! I love that you can tag people, set deadlines, and upload files directly to the cards.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to format content within the Trello cards. Sometimes I accidentally archive a card and can't figure out how to get it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version of Trello is powerful, and paid "power-ups" make it even more useful! You can integrate with various other technologies.

Our marketing strategy has greatly improved! We're much more organized and know what's coming down the pipeline. Many of our team members work remotely sometimes and Trello allows us to better collaborate.

Trello review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Dynamic and fluid project dashboard"

What do you like best?

I love that I can customize everything. From the names of tags to the names of lists and colors of boards, it really allows me to use it how I need to.

What do you dislike?

The calendar function should be built-in, not just a plugin. It would be handy to view tasks on a timeline more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to connect your teams when working on shared projects. You can easily tag others in updates or on checklists of task items. It's a great collaborative platform, but it also helpful for individual task management. It's an interactive "to-do" list.

We have increased communication with Trello. Many projects are between different departments, so Trello helps us keep everyone on the same page and offer updates without having to send emails that may easily get lost or go untracked.