Trello

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into cards and boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on it, and where something is in process.

Work for Trello?

Learning about Trello?

Trello Reviews

Ask Trello a Question
Showing 2187 Trello reviews
Trello review by <span>Delores A.</span>
Delores A.

"Great Tool for Organizing and Collaborating"

What do you like best?

Trello makes it easy for you to know where you are in a project at any given time and to update project status within seconds. I also particularly enjoy the fact that you can invite members outside your organization to view your cards.

What do you dislike?

Cards and tasks are limited to one board, which can be troublesome when you have projects that share components and need to show up in more than one.

It is also difficult (or sometimes impossible) to use keyboard shortcuts in Trello--which can lead to lost time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a project management tool that will allow you to easily visualize what status your projects are in, Trello is the tool for you!

Trello is making it easy for me to organize the multiple design projects that I am working on at one time. I design in an Agile manner, and Trello makes it possible for me to maintain a virtual scrum board.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trello
Trello review by <span>Anthony V.</span>
Anthony V.

"How using Trello can help you keep all your goals organized"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about Trello is the user friendly interface. Opening the dashboard once everything is setup just looks nice, and the Kanban board is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Due to the simplicity of the software, i do feel like it is missing a few setup options that would help by "OCD" type feelings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello offers a free sign-up. Since it is so easy and quick to setup, there is almost no loss impact to you or the business. Within a few hours, you can see if it's going to help you and your team move in the right direction or not. I run a customer service department for a software company. Trello's kanban board helps me manage everyone swimlanes pretty easily.

The business problem that I am solving is how to stay organized with the 100 projects you have going on in the office, spread across multiple departments with multiple people in those departments. 1 benefit that I have realised is that when my boss wants to know what is going on, he can just look at the Trello board. No need for me to remember what is going on, just look at the board.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Trello review by <span>Lynn T.</span>
Lynn T.

"Best project manager out there"

What do you like best?

I love the visual nature of the boards. Boards are easy to create and you can share any board with specific users. The powerups or API allows you to integrate with just about any other software. Within one card you can collect an enormous amount of data, have checklists, and comments.

What do you dislike?

There isn't one central place where it is easy to see everything together. It's very board oriented. It would be so much better if there was a task list that could be filtered. We ultimately got around this by writing a dashboard for an overview and then we use trello itself for working within a specific project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to get started. Sign up and then browse the example boards you can find on the web. Once you find something you like, you can copy the board to your own space and start using it. Such a time saver!

Managing software development projects, customer onboarding, employee guides, social media planning, you name it! We have a lot of time by knowing everything is in one place.

Trello review by <span>Andrei Dorin P.</span>
Andrei Dorin P.

"Very flexible project management with a few things missing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Trello is how flexible it is when it comes to organizing and monitoring projects. As opposed to other similar platforms like Jira, for instance, with Trello everything is just a click or a click-and-drag away. I also love how, with a few tweaks that are available when using browser extensions, you can make your boards look really great and get extra functionalities as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to do some more customization without having to install browser extensions. Also, a feature that allows you to create parent-child links between cards would be awesome, since now you have to create a checklist on the parent card and then add all the url's of the "child" cards, which can take a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible solution to manage very dynamic projects, Trello is an excellent tool. However, take into consideration the fact that there are no levels of users access and anyone who has access to a Trello board is able to make significant changes, including deleting tasks and projects.

The main problem Trello solves for our team is tracking projects that change very often. It's not easy to work with a more rigid platform when tasks get daily updates and you have to remove tasks and add new ones very often. Trello makes it very easy to manage such projects, saving us a lot of time and allowing team members to communicate easily on team projects.

Trello review by <span>Carla B.</span>
Carla B.

"Project organizer that allows you to add collaborating members and assign tasks and track each one."

What do you like best?

Excellent tool that allows you to take control of personal tasks, work and independent projects, allows you to keep all the tasks for each project in one place. It helps to organize projects with clients, trips with friends or any other personal project. You can place you can add people as members to the different tables attach reference images and record the progress of each task.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any inconvenience Your design could be more customizable. It is a collaborative application that provides many useful tools. I do not see anything wrong, you can only add more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful for the organization of work or personal tasks, any project will be much more agile and objectives will be achieved in the best way thanks to this tool.

Help with the organization of work and each of the tasks decreasing time increasing productivity and allowing collaboration.

Trello review by <span>Kathryn C.</span>
Kathryn C.

"So much possibility"

What do you like best?

I like how flexible Trello is. You can really create a workflow that makes sense to you. It’s a great accountability tool both for myself and my employees because teams can work on trello boards together.

What do you dislike?

In some ways the flexibility is a bit overwhelming. It’s hard to really sink ypur teeth into what you can really accomplish with trello because it’s essentially like giving you a stack of digital sticky notes and you can basically do what you want. Some more sample trello boards would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get acquainted with the product and get creative with it. Once you start to wrap your brain around what’s possible, the sky is the limit and you will feel much more organized.

The biggest benefit is team accountability and keeping us all on the same page. We don’t have to-do lists all over the place anymore. Just a single trello board per team member to keep them on track and keep me apprised of where they are at.

Trello review by <span>Micha v.</span>
Micha v.

"Amazingly easy to use kanban board"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to start using a planboard and add tasks to follow a certain stepwise process. Just fill a title and you are ready to go. At each task (or card) you can add more details and even have discussions with people you work on the task.

What do you dislike?

Although it is easy to add flexibility to how you set up things, you can also lose yourself in trying to keep optimizing your workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use a easy-to-use planboard in kanban style, this online tool is great and takes just a few minutes to set up a board and start using it. Even with the free plan has the feature set to use it in a professional environment.

We used this to optimize the writing of small articles to fill our knowledge base. It was a great container for adding ideas and following the process of each idea, both from the managing side as from the task side.

Trello review by <span>Ana P.</span>
Ana P.

"makes it easier to manage team tasks"

What do you like best?

the handling of the tasks through boards makes faster the visualization of them, it is incredibly easy to use, the cards are organized by dragging and dropping them and allows to differentiate them using color labels. What I like the most is the ease of forming teams, granting them permissions and assigning them to tasks, plus in each task it is possible to attach files, place due dates and checklists to control those that have already been made. If you have any need not covered with trello or need to use it in combination with another tool you can add what they call power-ups for example slack or confluence cloud.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a function within the same application that allows to show in graphical form (for example a gantt diagram) the progress of the tasks in time, for this it is necessary to use a powerup and in the free version this is very limited the amount of powerups that can be enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a need to use many powerups or to attach large files up to 250 GB, it is worth subscribing to the business class plan that has a low per user fee if paid annually. If security is very important in your organization, then the best option is the enterprise plan.

allows me to assign specific tasks to specific members of the teams in an easy and fast way with the necessary integration with many g-suite applications.

Trello review by <span>Melissa M.</span>
Melissa M.

"Trello: My Go-To Task List and Time Management Helper"

What do you like best?

I like making lists. I like the satisfaction of moving a task from an incomplete list to the "finished!" list. Trello helps me stay on top of my extensive list of jobs and prioritize better than I was able to do with just email and my own lists before.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more customization ability without having to pay extra. For short cards, I would like to be able to stack another card below it to make all of my cards visible on my screen at one time. The need to scroll across sometimes makes me forget about cards that are all the way to the right of the board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Trello for personal and team use. I started out using it personally to keep myself organized, and as I saw a greater functionality in it, I proposed that other staff members also use Trello. We created a Team and share cards and boards internally now.

In the past, I was using mostly my email inbox as my "to do" list. This caused a real backlog in my inbox and anxiety over having "too much to do". Using Trello has enabled to be prioritize these things in a more efficient manner. I also like the ability to tag other staff members in on my cards and have a Team to share with.

Trello review by <span>Pardeep M.</span>
Pardeep M.

"Great for Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I think this is an excellent tool / software for managing your projects and reporting. In a team, Collaboration, communication and partnership is very important. WIth Trello my team and I can check which project is at which stage of completion. With Trello, you can save out on alot of time and effort. Great interface. Excellent customer support and great quality!

What do you dislike?

Trello's highest plan only allows 250 MB as attachments which I think is a bit less. In order to send large data files I then have to use an external drive or send it via another software. Also, I believe the feature of real time tracking should be added as I often need it for my investment portfolios. Even had issues with the mobile application in my iPhone so improvements needed here as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this. This software has done wonders for me. I can better manage my projects and keep a check on the deadlines as well.

In my field, I have to make a lot reports which are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and half yearly. Reports, which can't be delayed by even a day as my clients and customers need investment information instantly. Trello helps in managing these deadlines. My team is kept in the loop every step of the way and they know everything that has to be done.

Trello review by <span>Julia M. R.</span>
Julia M. R.

"Project Management for the List-Minded"

What do you like best?

Beautiful visual presentation of tasks, simple and easy for multiple teams with multiple priorities to view and understand. Extremely easy set up and launch time - it works really well for a small organization like mine where we are free to use tools that help us succeed, and I did not have to persuade my colleagues to use it as well, they saw it was working for me and asked to join my trello boards. It's a great group '"to-do list"

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to pin urgency/timeline to tasks without implementing other features such as g-suite, and all team members have to be the habit of checking it daily, it doesn't automatically email you updates. That said, I think a lot of project management tools fail to catch on in organizations because it becomse more work to do data entry. Trello's natural minimimialism makes buy-in easy and only a few people have to be responsible for keeping it current.

For event planning and multi-customer strategies, the relationship between sales and marketing has strengthened tremendously in my organization. Very easy to assign accountability and and manage priorities for all team members to see and quickly understand.

Trello review by <span>Marianny Carolina B.</span>
Marianny Carolina B.

"The best project organizer that I have used to manage my projects, increase my productivity."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this software is that the boards can be customized and made more attractive, it also organizes tasks harmonizing the environment and the boards can be personal, public and private so that the convenience is chosen according to the case. You can upload files up to 10 MB in a free subscription from a computer or attach from google drive, one drive, among others.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it is a bit difficult to understand the software tools to be able to sort the boards and start assignments of tasks to reach the objectives of a project, but once understood this software is very useful, so I use it personally to organize my homework.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to carry out personal and business projects, this is the most appropriate tool to manage it. I recommend it.

You can even subscribe for free

Having a board with everything organized encourages you to fulfill your functions

Help manage your time according to priorities

Trello allows me to organize my time among so many pending things at work, it also allows assigning tasks to other people where you work as a team and in this way everyone knows what they have to do and can indicate when they finished, it is an indispensable instrument to accelerate productivity and efficiency.

Trello review by <span>Francis Carolina L.</span>
Francis Carolina L.

"multitasking organizer or digital personal assistant"

What do you like best?

Trello is a project management tool that makes collaboration simple and, I would say, even fun. The reality is that it serves almost everything. It is simple to use, really its use is intuitive. Another feature that I like is the ability to manage work teams and quickly see which part of a project is running. Trello has many functions that you can apply to each project that you are managing to facilitate the work. The thing is that only the experience with daily use, is that you can increase the effectiveness of the tool.

What do you dislike?

If you are not careful with the design of the project, it can get messy, keeping a considerable amount of users, columns and cards on a single board can quickly become exhausting. Besides this, one major fault with Trello is that their Power-Ups are a serious limitation, as you are only allowed one Power-Up per board. In my situation, I think it is expensive to access the business version, since I am using Trello in a entrepreneurship that is not yet generating income.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you use Trello for the following reasons:

It's cheap, even free.

Very easy to use

It is a very striking visual tool.

You can efficiently organize your life

I have recently developed several Independent commercial entrepreneurship. Some of them are in collaboration with partners that are abroad, so with his project management tool we can coordinate the deliverables, manage dates, meetings, assign responsibilities and all this remotely.

Trello review by <span>Rachel R.</span>
Rachel R.

"good for solo use and collaboration. "

What do you like best?

Trello is great for organizing information, ideas, and upcoming events and deadlines. I also love that I can customize what each board looks like, which helps me keep track of which board I'm on. Trello helps keep my team together and focused on creating great content.

What do you dislike?

It can feel a bit clunky at times, and I just switch back to Google docs or a good old sticky note. It feels like there's a lot of upkeep involved - moving cards around after completing a task isn't quite as satisfying as scratching an item off a list. I don't really like the stickers, either, they are just a distraction and don't add much to the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for organizing time sensitive and dependent content. It has been so great to see items move from "to do" to "doing" and finally to "done"! I would recommend this product to friends who want to keep a project organized and up to date when collaborating remotely, when using multiple devices to do work, and over long periods of time.

organization, cataloging ideas, collaboration with partners in remote locations. this has been great working with two other partners in two other states. Sometimes, we just don't have time to have a phone call, so checking in on our Trello board keeps us in the loop. It's also nice to look back and remember what we've decided and what each person was assigned or thought of for a project.

Trello review by <span>Brady E.</span>
Brady E.

"Effective team/solo collaboration and organization tool"

What do you like best?

Trello organizes content into boards, columns and cards. I really enjoy the use of cards to help visually organize and parse tasks to be completed. Everything feels simultaneously segmented yet cohesive.

What do you dislike?

I have had issues with Trello not showing some of my boards. This has only happened a few times. The visual aesthetic may also not be everyone's favorite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself some time to get acclimated to using Trello. For many people, especially those who are less familiar with phone app technology, the interface can take some time to get used to. Our team took a couple weeks for everyone to be roughly on the same page.

We previously organized our to-do list and tasks on a whiteboard, however constantly erasing and changing the whiteboard became very tedious and we had no way to check it from a distance. Trello allows us to just open our phones quickly anywhere on the property to see what needs to be done. It also has attachments like photos that we can quickly refer to as we are walking around the museum.

Trello review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"Great for Project Management, Great for take notes, Great for everithing"

What do you like best?

Trello is one of the most powerful software you could use, and it's power comes from it's flexibility. You can do anything you want from taking notes and managing travels, to project management. You can keep track of your tasks, change them from the states "to do" , "doing", "wating", "done", among others you want or need. You can have due dates, so you know when the task is supposed to be finished. And if that is not all, Trello has great integrations.

What do you dislike?

Trello has a great power, but as someone said, "A great power comes with a great responsibility". So you have to make and establish an order so you don't lose yourself in the hundreds of tasks you could create. That said and you have to establish some rules with your team, so the boards keep it's flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello has a lot of flexibility so you have to keep it at order so it would not become caos. In order to do that, we create some lists to take control of our tasks:

- "Backlog", so we keep track of our major tasks or user histories.

- "To do", where the minor tasks are waiting to be started.

- "Doing", so we can know who is doing what on what moment.

- "Waiting", if there is anything that needs to be done in order to finish these tasks.

- "Done", where all finished tasks are, we recommend to separate the done lists between periods of time.

Trello is our project management software, so we have several boards, one or two for each project so we can see, the project development, and so we can see, how many tasks have been finished, how many are waiting for something and how many have to be done.

Trello review by <span>William C.</span>
William C.

"Best kanban board manager ever !"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, the simplicity it has but the customizability it offers with power-ups and other tools.

You can't go wrong with Trello for small teams and for bigger teams!

Even the free version is really great, you dont really need the paid version until you require bigger teams or more power ups, which are essentially plugins or add ons you can add to your Trello boards to enhance your workflow, connect with other service and make the best out of your Trello experience. I would definitively recommend it to anyone looking for a good free project management app!

What do you dislike?

The fact that you choose how the boards are laid out. When you have a bunch of lists, you have to scroll from left to right, even on mobile ! Kinda annoying, which you could choose wether or not you want them stacked vertically or horizontally (i know vertical does not make sense for a kanban board, but it makes sense on mobile !

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can def be used for bigger projects, but it should be separated per teams and not to a whole entreprise as it can get cluttered really quickly.

Managing tasks, releases and milestones. I used and use it for smaller projects and personal projects. It makes managing tasks and goals to reach a pleasure to use on smaller projects.

Trello review by <span>Jeremy Z.</span>
Jeremy Z.

"Fully flexible management tool, best parts available for free."

What do you like best?

Trello has great, simple visual design, making it easy to get into for first-time users. It can be used for all kinds of projects, from enterprise to personal – you're limited only by your imagination. Trello encourages experimentation and often delivers on user intention. Drag and drop interactivity is great. Fully supported by Atlassian, which acquired this great product after years of fanbase love from it's creators, Fog Creek Software.

What do you dislike?

I wish the calendar was supported at the free level, but you can invite other people to collaborate and earn Trello Gold to boost your add-ons. Really, I have no complaints, especially as this is a free product. Note that your Trello boards with which you used your Gold add-on boost will continue to have an integrated calendar even after your Gold term expires – another kindness from the software creators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After you've looked around at other project management software, give Trello a try and see if it suits your needs. I've found it can suit almost any need! It purposely keeps things simple so you can focus on your goals – and Trello will help you zone in on those goals with it's flexibility to handle any kind of planning. Also check out their blog for great articles and tips.

I've used Trello to organize personal vacations, small business projects, website development, and more. You can add photos and documents to your cards; everyone I've invited to collaborate on a Trello board has seen its benefits and enthusiastically embraced its utility. It's great for keeping all documents and plans in one place.

Trello review by <span>Katie Y.</span>
Katie Y.

"Surface and organise work quickly"

What do you like best?

Trello is FREE and super easy to use - so you can start organizing your work quickly and easily without any laborious training. It's also easy to share your work with others and access it from any device - no matter where you are. There is plenty of design features that make standard work lists/tasks easier to digest visually with multi-colored labels, images, checklists and stickers.

What do you dislike?

If you don't think through the structure of your project boards, they can get unwieldy very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for start-ups or SMBs. Just give it a go and see for yourself - it's FREE

The ability to surface and visualize information quickly and easily across teams is very useful. We started using it to manage the work within our marketing team. But have also used it for broader company-wide projects like onboardng new team members. We're a relatively small company - so the biggest benefit for us right now is cost-savings.

Trello review by <span>Josh T.</span>
Josh T.

"Great organization software for those that don't want to spend time organizing."

What do you like best?

Trello allows a team to have really simple project management without a significant time investment. This is the first project management software we used as an entire company and we have very few complaints from the employees. Cloud version works great. Trello also has amazing API support, so it is very easy to integrate it into existing internal software our company uses.

What do you dislike?

Desktop client uses a ton of ram for the application's purpose. While trello is great for day-to-day responsbilities and managing smaller projects, it can feel like there's too much going on if you are using it to manage very large projects. Their iOS app can be very slow and buggy at times, especially if you are active on multiple boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello has a freemium business model which is great, makes trying it out relatively safe.

Trying to stay organized at a small company working on many projects as once. Before using Trello we primarily used a collection of whiteboards and sticky notes to keep track of projects. Trello has significantly reduced issues surrounding around communication and responsibilities. It allows us to have a clear overview of each day's goals.

Trello review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"Great Way to Stay Organized During Group Projects"

What do you like best?

This platform is extremely easy to setup and use. There have been a lot of new integrations and feature releases over the past year+ which has made it much more usable. The newer integrations with my email client and a PC-based app has made it even easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The overall interface still feels clunky at times. While using multiple boards is great, any overlap makes this platform feel a bit heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The key to getting the most out of Trello is knowing how you want to use it and what goals you want to accomplish with it. I used it for a quite a while before I sat down and created an effective strategy for integrating it effectively. It is ideal for onboarding and group projects. While I also use it as a general to-do/task manager, there are still some features needed to completely eliminate my other task manager.

I use Trello to train/track freelancers, manage group projects, and client onboarding.

Trello review by <span>Paula C.</span>
Paula C.

"Trello Review"

What do you like best?

Trello has been helpful for content sharing, project management, project sharing within a group or committee

What do you dislike?

The Boards can become cumbersome, multiple, confusing. There should be a better way for creating areas to work on or groups to work on. Also the email updates from trello are long. They can be cut down as well with the basic minimum update. I cant read the whole email on my phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to setup and implement, but once you have a system, it actually works pretty good. It really helped us streamline our process

We are a group who work on projects as they are requested. We all work from our home offices and don't see each other. It was getting cumbersome passing emails around with updates and new requests and keeping track of who was working on what. Trello allowed us to build a project request/ queue system.

Trello review by <span>Travis D.</span>
Travis D.

"Trello keeps me organized"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and user friendly the UX is for Trello. I also really love how I can bring in different people to work on projects with me.

What do you dislike?

The most challenging part about Trello is that you have to form a new habit of staying organized! I needed to and still need to build a cadence of checking and updating Trello so that I can maximize my effectiveness, that's not a tool issue, that is a user issue! It also has some limitations around the ways you can break out specific tasks on a card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free version and a paid version - the paid version allows for more customizations, features and functions but you can start using it for free to get a sense of if it is for you. There are more robust tools available but the price point (free or paid) is the right price for all of the use cases that we use it for in the company. If you are looking for a really robust tool for software development in the agile framework to coordinate your epics and track velocity you may want to look for a more robust tool.

I have a team of 9 people that work full time in other parts of the organization and we meet once a week in person. Trello allows us to keep each other updated on projects, ask for help and share ideas so that we are all on the same page and con collaborate without always having to meet face to face.

Trello review by <span>Guiomar T.</span>
Guiomar T.

"Good interface but lacking some features"

What do you like best?

I really like the web Interface and the android app. It is very user friendly, and with the integration of the Unsplash backgrounds, it have become not only usable but even pretty.

What do you dislike?

There are 2 main issues that I don't like from trello. First not nested cards, for most projects, availability of nested cards simplifies the management of tasks. Such an atomic way of defining cards/tasks is inefficient for big projects (and many times, for no so big ones).

The second thing I don't like is the management of add-ons (power-ups) they are quite expensive to add more that one or two. And many of them have additional costs. You should pay trello for the possibility of adding additional functionalities (ok, this is fair enough, although a bit expensive) and then you need to pay the company providing the add-on (power-up) so you need to pay twice. Also sometimes this add-ons (power-ups) are licensed by user (no by panel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if is free, check if you would need some power-ups and evaluate the costs, because it can rise the price if you would want many power-ups and you need to pay trello and the developer of the power-up...

If you go for no power-ups or just basic ones, it is ok, and the mobile application is quite nice. But remember no nested cards...

We manage collaboration from different partners to a common project in order to sort tasks, due dates, and responsible for the tasks.

Trello review by <span>Sam M.</span>
Sam M.

"Collaborative Dream"

What do you like best?

- Once you understand the framework, it's so easy, and it seems as though the possibilities are endless, so it leaves a lot of room for creativity, and it can be used to manage seemingly any project.

- Unsplash backgrounds (because who wants to work in an unsightly environment?)

What do you dislike?

- Can't have one card or list that appears in multiple boards and syncs across them all when you make changes in one.

- Can't set individual due dates for items in a card's checklist.

- Notifications can get a bit overwhelming sometimes . . . and other times, it seems as though they're not sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it. Sit with it. The first time you access it, it won't make much sense. It feels like a blank canvas with no clear direction of where to go. But that's precisely the beauty of it—there's endless possibilities of how you can organize your thoughts and tasks as you work through it. It's great because you will find sweet spots and strategies that can be repeated. But when you need to innovate and find a different approach, it seems possible, depending on the specific needs of any given project.

Lifesaver for collaborative projects in the design/communications department. Use it to manage projects and for strategy.

Trello review by <span>Brian D.</span>
Brian D.

"Trello makes life easy for comsultants"

What do you like best?

There are two parts of Trello I like best. The first is being able to collaborate outside my organization. I is Trello for Milestone tracking, document sharing , and collaboration with my external clients. Just a simple email invite gets them involved and allows me to be transparent throughout the engagement.

My scon like is the integration. I presently have TeamGannt integrated to we can get a tradional gannt chart view of tasks and progress and I use the CloudApp integration to provide status updates that are more engaging than text.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a built in gannt view. Also, not a fan of the stickers, it doesn’t feel very professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try on a project and see how easy it is to set up and collaborate.

Collaboration and project tracking that also allows me to upload deliverables. This allows me to place all key documents in the tool vs. linking other document sharing apps. This keeps my outside clients collaborating in a single workspace when doing a job with us.

Trello review by <span>Lydia A.</span>
Lydia A.

"Finally on top of our calendar and events!"

What do you like best?

Trello was the first tool we tried to organize our nonprofit's editorial calendar. We love that it is completely customizable in terms of how you want to organize your project. We've been using it for about two years now, and our marketing and learning teams are much more organized and are better promoting our events and programs! I love that you can tag people, set deadlines, and upload files directly to the cards.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to format content within the Trello cards. Sometimes I accidentally archive a card and can't figure out how to get it back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version of Trello is powerful, and paid "power-ups" make it even more useful! You can integrate with various other technologies.

Our marketing strategy has greatly improved! We're much more organized and know what's coming down the pipeline. Many of our team members work remotely sometimes and Trello allows us to better collaborate.

Trello review by <span>Alexander E.</span>
Alexander E.

"Perfect platform to keep you and your organisation organised"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and interconnections with other apps.

What do you dislike?

Can be cluttered if you are not careful. Sometimes less is more, Trello is slowly implementing more and more functionality and not removing redundant or old apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the current templates. There's often no need to reinvent the wheel and most of what you'll need is already up for grabs - and can easily be modified to suit your own needs.

Many!

I can manage my team on a daily basis without interrupting their workflow. We can keep track of each other and tag people of interest. There's no better way for a team or organisation to get an easy overview of what to do, whats in progress and what someone might need help with.

Even the completely free version has enough functionality to work for smaller organisations. This makes it easier to get started and to, in later stages, motivate using a paid plan. If you have a good enough service, you don't have to limit the functionality very much - customers will stay and pay regardless.

I also use this personally, outside of work, to keep track of my schedule and to plan events with friends and family. I've been using Trello regularly for a couple of years now and my hope is to keep doing it - and even implement it at my current workplace, if possible.

There are tons of templates for almost any occasion, which makes it easy to get started. You pick something that works, and adapt it after your own needs.

I have, however, not used their customer support and cant say weather it's good or not.

Trello review by <span>Ryan D.</span>
Ryan D.

"Ease of use can't be beat!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how simple it is to add a new project, and then it's as simple as a drag and drop to move things along in the completion process!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were reminders on anything that sat untouched for longer than 3-4 weeks! This may be a feature that I haven't found yet, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're using it correctly! Users need to drag projects to new status when it reaches a new point! If you're not keeping on top of it, other users won't have up to date info!

Project management! We have realized it keeps the whole team on track and updated 100% of the time. Sales can see where the product they've sold is design-wise, designers can see what is done and what needs to be done, and managers can keep track of all of it!

Trello review by <span>Juan Carlos R.</span>
Juan Carlos R.

"Using Trello in a Lean software development environment"

What do you like best?

Trello is the second tool I've used to track software development, the first being JIRA, and it has a lot of tools and abilities that help us track our work. We use Trello as a Kanban board as we use lean software development techniques and this is why I believe Trello is way more suited with evolving environments that Jira was. Trello helps us place easy to identify labels on cards, assign more than one person to a card (this helps us show the complete picture as more than one person always works on a card) and it also lets us create easy to track checklist items for each individual card. Trello also has integrations with other applications like Slack, Corello, Hangouts Chat, Google Drive, Screenful and more.

What do you dislike?

My only complain, there is no identifier number for each card out of the box.

All of our work is being tracked through Trello, we use it to show development tasks, we use it to show reworks, blocks and we also extract info from Trello to use with other analysis tools.

Trello review by <span>Katie T.</span>
Katie T.

"Absolutely love Trello!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Trello is the customization. I can make it look exactly like my branding so my clients are never confused. My biggest gripe with another program I used that's similar to this is that it's pink and purple, and while it's a great app, some of my clients viewed it as unprofessional and "cutesy". Trello looks like it could be on my own website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't see an overview of all tasks in a calendar view without having to assign every single task to myself. This may be possible with a power-up but I've never used power-ups before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. It's free so you can't lose when you try it.

Trello is my #1 project management system. I take the important info from our email conversations and paste it into Trello so it's all in one place. And I can drag items to "Done" lists and see visually where the whole project stands. I do have to go into each project to see the progress. It would be cool if there was a way to assign it a percentage completed that you could view all at once.

Trello review by <span>Raphael S.</span>
Raphael S.

"Free and flexible tool to organize your ideas and projects"

What do you like best?

Trello is the best tool to organize and visualize ideas (as cards) and work in them in a collaborative way. I use it to organize all my work and personal projects. Its ease of use allows the user to implement it with different coworkers in projects even with outside teams that are not used to any PM tool. Trello power-ups are great too, giving the user many integration possibilities.

What do you dislike?

I don't think Trello is the best tool to organize and prioritize TASKS, so I use Asana to do that. It would be great if Trello could give the users some more advanced task features along with better prioritization and some "tasks of the day" dashboard. The "one power-up limit per board" for free accounts are a huge limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a project management tool to organize the big picture of your projects, Trello is a great tool. But, if your most concerning need is to manage tasks in a organized way, I suggest looking somewhere else. For example, I use Trello for the big picture and annotations of my projects and Asana for Task Management.

Trello helps me organize the overview of my projects and share it with people from different areas and from outside my company. I use it to make user stories and project roadmaps. I use the card backs to annotate and write in Markdown all the informations that the different areas of my projects needs to be at hands for all users.

Trello review by <span>Giovanna R.</span>
Giovanna R.

"I can organize my work in the simplest way "

What do you like best?

I really like that in Trello I can attach files, tag people from my staff, and marks progression of thing once done. I really like the fine and simple interface with simple colors. It helps to stay focused on the work to do.

What do you dislike?

The things that you really miss in Trello is a sort of calendar view that can help you and your team to have anything under control by the due time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know if Trello is good for other kind of work, but to collaborate each other in our team is really great. Worth a try if you're in the same circumstances.

ALso consider the fact that it's free in the basic version.

I use Trello in collaboration with my team. We often work togheter in designing websites or online marketing campaign, so we need to have anything under control togheter. And each one of us can modify, change and keep an eye on the work we are doing.

Trello review by <span>John G.</span>
John G.

"Best PM Software "

What do you like best?

I've used trello for over 4 years now and it's hands down been the best way for our team in multiple companies to manage projects and designs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's perfect. We integrate with Zappier and WooFoo forms to make Project entries easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best, and easiest to use. No recommendations necessary within hours of using it anyone would be sold. if you're in any industry that interacts with customers or multiple projects this will solve all your problems and save your life. Even if you're a sole proprietor, this is a game changer!

Project management, communication, fulfillment, and ordering coordination. I think that it's hands down saved our company on multiple occasions and have recommended it to dozens of partners. I even use it for personal projects at home. It's incredible and definitely a game changer. Better than basecamp or Assana hands down.

Trello review by <span>Diego V.</span>
Diego V.

"Easy to use task management platform"

What do you like best?

Trello is a simple platform that's very easy to use and share. Team members can be added with a single email or a joining link, and you can have several different boards and add your team to them. The entire platform allows you to take a quick glance at the status of everything you're using it for. We use it for project status, and it's really useful to just open up trello and be able to understand progress on everything.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing particular that I dislike about the platofmr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Define the actual lists that you want to use - it may be tempting to create as many lists as you feel are necessary, but it can quickly get cluttered and end up causing more difficulty on your actual work.

Project management, in some cases. In others, it is used as an intermediary platform between our customers and ourselves to handle open bugs and issues on ongoing system development.

Trello review by <span>Alexandre C.</span>
Alexandre C.

"Very good project management system, for big companies and also for small projects "

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the program, where anyone can manage the tasks easily and in an efficient manner. I also like that you can simply put any files on it for your partners to evaluate and follow your string of thoughts while you do your tasks.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much that i dislike from this system, i'm currently using it for a group project on the university and it seems to be working pretty good for every task that we need. I also use it where i work, along with others, and it's one of the best ones for it's purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are covered. This software is everything you need when it comes with group/project management and team collaboration.

We, as a group, have been more united, and we are more integrated with each other, knowing what everyone is doing and following every step of it's process.

Trello review by <span>Elaine S.</span>
Elaine S.

"A very Pinterest-like way to manage projects and tasks"

What do you like best?

I love how flexible the display is. If you add an image to a card, its thumbnail will show up. If you add comments, there will be a comment bubble icon. You can add as much or as little detail as you like, and in card details you can add lists and attachments and all sorts of things. You can also color-code cards for priority or visual grouping.

What do you dislike?

Trello is less good for work assignment scenarios. For example, if you have a larger task that is broken into steps that several different people will have to work on, something like Basecamp will work better for you. However, since cards don't have to be assigned to a single person, scenarios where a single user being assigned being limited make Trello a really good alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it works well for your use case!

It's easier for me to group my projects by goal. I have a handful of goals each year, and under each of those, I put my overarching tasks. Then I can break down tasks into bite-sized chunks to work on each day or week.

Trello review by <span>Pirro K.</span>
Pirro K.

"My Trello experience "

What do you like best?

Trello is one of the best platforms to keep your upcoming agenda, personal and collective in order to manage your projects and keep things on track. You can create different partitions depending on the topic of your project, and within those partitions you can create topics which is really helpful for when you're working with different things simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Trello is very figured out as a platform, and that sometimes is the thing that it gives as much as you can see. You can't be interactive with someone personally and everything is discussed on the boards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Trello to those which work consists of working in groups, or big projects and to help maintain each topic to its area. It can also be used for your own personal agenda but as it is a wide platform it would look a bit empty and there are other alternatives for that. So if you're involved in big companies or into lots of projects Trello is a great solution

I have used Trello while working with a company that created tech articles online by freelance writers. I used to communicate with the editors post my last draft on the board topic. Basically it helped bringing all these topics and scripts/drafts together and organized so it could be easy for everyone to know which is what.

Trello review by <span>Jared M.</span>
Jared M.

"Layout of software is logical and easy"

What do you like best?

Trello is organized in a way that allows you to walk a project through different stages, beginning to end. Any time I pull up one of my Trello boards, I can get a firm grasp of what stage my projects are at very quickly. Moving a project to the next stage takes one second.

What do you dislike?

When one of my project cards has a lot of people working on it and commenting on it, it gets pretty long and a little tougher to navigate through. No problems for most projects, but when it comes to a project that has a lot of information, a cleaner layout would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy way to keep multiple tasks/projects organized, I would highly recommend Trello.

It gives you a snapshot of all of the things your working on. Previously, we would have to do this in Excel or Google sheets, which is much less user friendly when there are multiple stakeholders.

Trello review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.

"A quick and easy way to organize and collaborate on tasks"

What do you like best?

Trello is very easy for individuals and teams to learn and use. I like how it provides a simple and visually intuitive overview of all tasks grouped by the criteria of my choosing. Notifications from Trello work quite well. Managing cards/tasks is super easy with track and drop and columns. Trello makes it for new users to sign up for accounts and there is very little training needed to get new people up-to-speed. I also like how it offers Power-Ups that add integration with other project management tools.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about the product, within the requirements and purpose for which I use Trello. I think people considering it's use should understanding that Trello is designed as visual organization tool for users of all levels of technical experience. Out of the box it does not have some of the features, such as task assignment and calendars, that are found in other project management tools. Some of that functionality is available through the use of Trello Power-Ups. It's worth noting that you only get one free Power-Up per Trello board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see the likes/dislikes sections.

Trello allows us to easily communicate and collaborate with a large number of stakeholders from many universities. Our stakeholders can easily see an overview of the tasks and task statues associated with projects, without having to dig through the specifics of each task. Project team members can easily share task specifics and updates with each other, without overloading our stakeholders with too much information.

Trello review by <span>Madison W.</span>
Madison W.

"Organization Station"

What do you like best?

Trello is an amazing tool for any business owner. The ability to customize and create lists with to-do's, project files, due dates and more is incredible. Trello is perfect for a team of people to collaborate and contribute to the content on Trello. You are able to create "boards" which help distinguish overall topics and projects. Lists help with project flows and cards help with specific steps and items to complete in the flow.

What do you dislike?

I wish Trello had the ability to add to your calendar, but not mark the specific event as "busy." Most times when I have a due date on a card it is to serve as a reminder, not to block out time on my calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have tried task management softwares in the past, I would recommend giving Trello a try. With its additional features and great design, it can be a huge tool to your projects, team and your use of your time. I highly recommend the Trello Gold account just because you unlock a whole new level of features along with the ability to customize your background and designs. For a visual person like me, this is a big component of why I like using Trello.

Organization, accountability and time management. Trello allows me to have a birds eye view of my project and the items I need to focus on. I also love to customizability of the platform as well. You can create and manipulate the interface into whatever you need most for your business.

Trello review by <span>Simon W.</span>
Simon W.

"Dead light and easy kanban"

What do you like best?

It's just so fast and flexible. I've used it at two companies and even in a personal capacity to plan a house improvement and home move project. It's free, it's got an app. There is no reason why you cannot get into this to start project management.

What do you dislike?

I've found nothing to dislike right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a light kanban piece of software. If you're looking for something a touch more enterprise level, head off to something like Jira. The lightness is actually a benefit though as it creates less barriers to getting your project out there and getting worked on.

Used it to manage an implementation between two companies and a service partner. Loved ticking off my tasks on there. Used it to plan a house move. Use it to help plan my other half's business plans. You can make it stick just about anywhere.

Trello review by <span>Kelsey W.</span>
Kelsey W.

"It's amazing how much one little tool has helped with my productivity"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature about Trello is its simple ability to visualize your entire "to do" list. We started using Trello as a tool to complete a website using scrum. It has been key in us working effectively as a team, and completely our weekly sprints. I enjoyed using it so much, that I also began implementing Trello for my own personal "to do" lists. "To do" lists are my least favorite thing to spend time on, and therefore, I usually just ignore them. With Trello, everything I need to do seems more manageable, and I get a sense of accomplishment every time I'm able to move a card to "done".

What do you dislike?

I dislike the horizontal interface of Trello - sometimes I forget about the lists I have sitting all the way the right because they are out of sight, out of mind.

I also find that it gets a little confusing once people start posting on the cards/lists. The newest comments post at the top which always throws me off. Sometimes it's not clear which person has uploaded an attachment either. We often move our conversations/file sharing into Slack due to these flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will figure out your own workflow, but it has certainly been helpful to us to see how others set up their cards/lists. Utilize the colored labels to help further visualize your tasks.

Productivity using scrum on a web development project is the problem we initially tried to solve with Trello - and it worked. Trello seems like it was almost designed around the ideas of agile/scrum.

Trello review by <span>Kraig P.</span>
Kraig P.

"Easy-to-use project management and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can concentrate more on my work transactions and assess the overall picture of the workflow. A very simple way to organize significant information from all our applications in one space. An extremely flexible configuration means that the solution works right in our style, as we like.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that you can only view lists in a horizontal view. When you get into a few dozen people on the board, it can be cumbersome to find what you need, and alternative views will help fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this tool for personal task management and for team projects. It unites all in one place for project management and ensures that each part of the project will be maintained and the deadlines are not missed - if they are easily identified in advance.

Do the work - take advantage of their support and resources so you know how to make the best use of the tool. I'm sure there are more ways to use it. I just need to spend some time to go through all of its functions.

Trello review by <span>Steven D.</span>
Steven D.

"Great system, simple but powerful"

What do you like best?

I love the basics. Without add-ons I find Trello incredibly useful on its own. In fact, the simplicity of the system is exactly what makes it great. Once you learn a few keyboard shortcuts, you can manage a TO-DO list like a pro, and even better -- there are plenty of add-ons for that that would want a more advance experience.

What do you dislike?

Not much really! There are a few instances where I feel constrained by the simplicity of it all, but quite honestly after some reflection I realize that I wouldn't want added complexity. Especially for something like a simple To-Do list. I don't want to add complexity to solve the problem of keeping my tasks organized -- quite the opposite in fact!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it simple! I recommend using it just for the basics. But in all honesty I haven't tried all of the add-ons except for a few (card repeaters are great). Still -- I think this tool thrives when KISS.

I use it primarily for a to-do list (separate boards for business and personal), with the idea of a 10k ft view. I can get down and dirty in the details with my project management software -- but this is specifically to keep it easy. Seamlessly switching from phone to web is a huge benefit too.

Trello review by <span>Matthew H.</span>
Matthew H.

"Good start for task and project management"

What do you like best?

Trello is fast to start tracking tasks and share a pin board of items and tasks with others or a team. The mobil app is great, and i have used a camera before to quickly capture physical notes or images and send to Trello for tracking. Versatility is it greatest strength, but can be its weakness if you are in a process heavy environment.

What do you dislike?

When a team or a project gets large this is where Trello starts to fail. There are work around like linking board or 3rd party integrations but for managing multiple teams or complex projects with interdependencies Trello falls short. Reporting is also an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great starting point but at some point you may need to graduate to other platforms with more process controls and reporting capabilities. With the acquisition by Atlassian the direction of the platform is not clear.

I have used for project management and personal task tracking. Use mainly on a mobile app project and having the companion Trello app combined with screen capture helped a lot for logging bugs.

Trello review by <span>Kelsey H.</span>
Kelsey H.

"Value is totally up to how well you set up, drive adoption"

What do you like best?

I like the clarity, the visibility and general layout of the UI. Trello has good accessibility, easy to share with your team or different departments. As a tool, if you're committed to using, it is pretty flexibile. Ease of use and the ability to track big-picture projects down to minutia of each project.

What do you dislike?

It is another tool to ask your team to live in. We already have email, slack, a knowledge base, an internal wiki. This is another login, another tab, a distributed source of truth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there is a strong need before purchase or else you risk adding another piece of tech to the stack whose benefit may not justify its cost (not just price point, but time in asking people to manage so many different platforms of communication)

Used most broadly by tech and PM teams for roadmapping, project planning, and communicating these out to the larger team.

Trello review by <span>Kim C.</span>
Kim C.

"Great for organizing tasks and projects"

What do you like best?

I love that tasks can be split up into multiple sections/stages, you can tag people in each task, and the comments section allows for dialogue about each task. The colored "labels" helps me visually rate the hierarchy of importance of each task (red means most important, etc.).

What do you dislike?

There's very little customization of how each card looks. I can't bold/format the title text of the card. There's no way to mark a card as "Complete" unless I move it to my "done" section. I can archive the card or add a checklist and mark those as complete, but not the card itself.

I usually have many projects and tasks that I'm managing at the same time with my job. Trello helps me visually organize what needs done and when things need done. It also helps me organized the details and thoughts related to each task.

Trello review by <span>Élodie M.</span>
Élodie M.

"User-friendly tool for small teams"

What do you like best?

Trello is a great and easy-to-use project tool when it comes to small teams and simple projects.

We use it for our marketing and design teams because the tasks are very simple and easy to understand. Trello is amazing for these teams since it is fully customizable in terms of workflow, tasks types, and board organization. It allows us to quickly see what we have to do and make those tasks progress through the week.

What do you dislike?

Since it is a very simple tool and fully customizable, a board can be quickly overwhelmed if not well organized. The cards can be lost in the crowd of all that has to be done. Even if the labels help us put colours in our cards, it can be difficult to find a specific task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Trello for all starting teams and projects, start-ups and small businesses that just want more organization and task visualisation.

Trello helps our marketing and design team to follow their course of action and acts as a reminder of the work we have to do each week. It also helps us to organize our teams tasks in a smarter way and make them more efficient thanks to tasks visualisation.

Trello review by <span>Héctor B.</span>
Héctor B.

"Un manejo de proyecto efectivo"

What do you like best?

Notificaciones solo cuando sucede algo IMPORTANTE. Para mi lo mejor de Trello es lo difícil que es distraerse con miles de notificaciones innecesarias y esto es porque no las tiene. A diferencia de muchos otros en el mercado el tiempo que pasas usando Trello es de calidad para el proyecto. Además que estas notificaciones llegan via correo, aplicación web y móvil, pero se sincronizan entre ellas. Por si no fuera poco el soporte para la versión móvil es bastante sólida.

What do you dislike?

Etiquetas limitadas. A veces la etiqueta que quiero no está disponible y esto se transforma en un problema cuando tienes muchas tareas pues llegas a un punto donde necesitas una diferente y simplemente no al tienes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello es fácil y rápido, no solo tiene una curva de aprendizaje corta si no que también es GRATIS.

Necesitaba algo gratis y fácil que me permitiera trabajar con un equipo no experimentado en el uso de aplicaciones para trabajo en grupos de proyecto.

Trello review by <span>Jason R.</span>
Jason R.

"For my law practice, this is a solution in search of a problem. "

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of it - how you can set a lot of boards, a lot of phases, and a lot of tasks. You can give varieties to tasks.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I liked the least was that it was difficult to find a dashboard that showed me, between card groupings, what was "up next" and "up soon." I would've much preferred a view like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really depends on whether you're a true collaborator with a big, dispersed team, or whether you are managing a smaller number of tasks with a small, consolidated team. For small consolidated teams, pick something like Omnifocus. For big, dispersed teams, this may be better.

Our examination of Trello has not been particularly favorable as it relates to law practice and litigation in particular. OmniFocus seems to be a much better solution and feels much more tailored to getting things done for an individual, whereas Trello is co-working and perhaps task farming.

Trello review by <span>Durga Prasad N.</span>
Durga Prasad N.

"Trello - Problem solving tool"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best tool available in the market, which make the communication between the teams easier. Adding an attachment to the card is one of the best feature i link about this product. Creating new boards and updating the news about the products. Notifications can be received immediately once you close the card and it is easy to be tracked.

What do you dislike?

Loading and hanging up make me very tired at some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

* Time management

* Task management

* Problem tracking

* Creating labels and tagging

* Mobile interface

Probably a best tool to solve the problems instantly.

Cards will be created for problems by support team with the customer error helps us to solve the problem instantly and closing the cards with the time line will make the customer happy. Tagging the consult person for the problem they need to work on is great.

Trello review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"So Excited to Learn this Tool!"

What do you like best?

I am so excited that I am learning how to use Trello! It has been very foreign for such a long time. But I have read a lot of great articles that made it crystal clear how to use it and make it most beneficial for my company. I love that I can add backgrounds and that I can connect it to other platforms that I use.

What do you dislike?

It's fairly complicated for a new user. I would love to get some great training on it. I would love a step by step tutorial that helped you create your first board and simple tasks. It's a little clunky and plain but the longer I use it the more the positives outweigh the negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ready any help documents prior to setting it up and seek out tutorials and others who have used it first in your field.

I am learning how to automate my business and be able to keep everything in one place. It is going to help me create processes and follow through with them. I think using Trello is going to uplevel me as a small business owner. I am going to be able to find things much quicker instead of searching through a million folders and notebooks.

Trello review by <span>Yini C.</span>
Yini C.

"Very good experience with Trello"

What do you like best?

Trello helps me to organize my work. All the features that Trello has are very easy to use and pick up. I use Trello for different type so projects because Trello allows me to be creative when using its platform to do different types of works such as project management, delivery tracking, and academic papers organizing.

What do you dislike?

I remember Trello used to allow me to open the file in a new window, and on there, when I search for a keyword by doing "ctrl+find," all the keyword would show up in highlight yellow. That feature disappeared a few weeks ago. I don't know if it's because Trello changed something or my computer did something. Except for that, I'm really happy with Trello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is a very useful platform for you to organize your works and do project management. It makes a lot of things easier when you keep using Trello to organize your works.

Academic research. I can just put all my papers into different categories and for each paper I can create a board. In the future, when I create new papers, I can just reuse the citations by copying the cards to different boards.

Trello review by <span>Florene E.</span>
Florene E.

"Trello is my time saver "

What do you like best?

When working remotely at a company, the Trello program allows you to understand what my colleagues are working on and what I should do in this project, and the program gives a complete picture of the whole project. It so convenient that Trello always syncs between all my devices wherever I was: at home, on a work, or on the road, the main thing is to have a gadget and the Internet at hand. You can easily move items between lists and if you need to, you can also simply add a large number of people and move them in the line.

What do you dislike?

It took several days to understand how it works, but then with frequent use, the work was adjusted and our productivity grew. There are some opportunities for improving search functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not find the best choice among your competitors. When you try to implement a program at work, or at home in your family, you will understand that Trello is created for you and for your needs.

The Trello program allows you to save the time of your employees who work remotely and be aware of everything that happens at the company. By the phone, it is impossible to do what we do with the Trello. Our productivity and our rates growth with it.

Trello review by <span>Francisco L.</span>
Francisco L.

"Organize your work day"

What do you like best?

If you want to have all your task organized according to your way of work, this is your application.

You can organize all the tasks according to what process they are in, if they are pending, if they are in development, the tasks that have been completed, if they have gone through a testing process ... you can have a global vision of the tasks you have assigned

What do you dislike?

It is not possible to define new fields to upgrade the information of the task. If you need a special field, only you can write down as comment

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a easy application to organize your task. Also is possible to create checklist "to do", set a date of due about a task, have a quick view of your work.

The free access provide a good features to use, so you can upgrade according your needs.

Organize all task of a project. All the team know what is the task to do, and the Project Manager knows how the project goes.

This way of working has revolutionized many projects and has replaced the classic blackboard with post-it

Trello review by <span>Michael F. F.</span>
Michael F. F.

"Trello is a good balanced solution for Scrum Sprints"

What do you like best?

It requires few minutes of instruction. It's almost self explanatory and intuitive.

What I like the most is the perfect alignment PC - App environment, that allows to create via Browser and manage/update via App your projects.

Every board is independent and the real-time update is great for geographical split Development Teams.

What do you dislike?

The card hosting the story/task, despite being full of useful features, doesn't allow multi level structure, sometimes useful to avoid 5 different cards for tickable tasks, like structured graphic updates/changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Trello if you don't need supercomplex, painful-to-set up, heavy to update and maintain platforms but you're looking for just what's needed to record what has to be done, who's going to do it, when and how in a fluid, intuitive and time-saving manner.

It's a powerful companion for the full real-time management of the Scrum Framework! We daily manage: Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Definition of Done, In progress processes, testing processes, Done pile, non compliant stories/tasks, Impediments list and so forth...

It's an effective tool to ensure Transparency, Inspection & Adaptation, but also collaboration and accountability.

It definitely smoothes the daily process of keeping up with Agile (Scrum or Kanban) projects, non exclusively software development ones.

Trello review by <span>Shandi	 P.</span>
Shandi P.

"The very easy way to use."

What do you like best?

I can be more concentrate on my working deals and evaluate the big picture of the working process. Very easy way to organize significant information from all our applications in one space. Extremely flexible configuration means that solution works right in our style how we like.

What do you dislike?

Probably that program doing well for the small organization. Here good support tools which help us a lot during our work. But in my opinion, it is not so strong platform to manage working deals for a big company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful software with big options to work on. You can sort out all your important task. Also, you will have the ability to be accessible to all devices which is great for all team. Always have a reminds so you will know that all working process going right. I recommend.

The working tool that allows helps us you to be in touch with all our group. We have all updates in real time which is better for everyone and we are sure that every memmber can see the current info.

Trello review by <span>Lindsey H.</span>
Lindsey H.

"An aesthetically pleasing way to stay organized!"

What do you like best?

It's incredibly satisfying to have a beautiful, digital to-do list. Gone are the days of keeping track of post-it notes with illegible scribbles. Prioritization is a breeze!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to come up with any dislikes, because I have yet to run into any issues. It is a very intuitive and easy-to-use desktop application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try! If nothing else, it's a fun experiment to see if digital to-do lists are compatible with your work-flow.

I actually get excited to write down my daily to-dos. Instead of accidentally throwing away post-its with important information, I am able to easily access my lists. Since using Trello, I have yet to misplace or forget important details that sometimes used to "fly away." Another great thing is the ability to prioritize. When weeks are extremely busy, remembering how to prioritize is sometimes difficult. Being able to move the items on my list around and arrange them in order of priority is fantastic. I feel like my work style is more efficient than ever.

Trello review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

"Trello, the task-management life saver! "

What do you like best?

Trello's usability and down-to-earth UI is its greatest feature. There's absolutely no learning curve to the software whatsoever. Card management and labeling is just awesome!

Trello makes it incredibly easy to manage single user tasks and multi-user teams, where tasks are assigned to multiple users. Multiple boards and teams are also a great feature of the software.

What do you dislike?

Archiving and removal of older tasks can be a pain or can slow you down. I've had to clear over 100 task/cards by hand, which was clearly a time that could've been used in a more productive way.

Selecting multiple cards and selection by label would be a great improvement point. Bulk archiving too.

Resizing of cards and greater interface customization would also be an interesting implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a hard time managing tasks and teams or just simply need a simple interface as a to-do and looking for a great piece of software at a small price, Trello is surely your best bet.

Give it a go, the basic version is completely free, unless you'd like to also support the software and purchase the "Gold" version.

Trello has been a great implementation in my workflow, it makes task management completely effortless and gives me more time to focus on the important tasks at hand. Trello has greatly increased my workflow and simplified the progression of projects, it has also helped me introduce more collaborators in my projects and work in a team.

Trello review by <span>Jamie M.</span>
Jamie M.

"The essential tool to keep on top of your tasks and projects"

What do you like best?

Trello is great for managing your daily tasks and projects, from end-to-end. It's visually impactful enough to keep you engaged whilst not being distracting to the tasks in hand. The basic features are perfect for keeping all information and related documents in one place, but the add-ons really help to make it even more useful and engaging. From calendar integration to Google Drive, you can integrate with some really great tools that you likely already use.

What do you dislike?

The notifications aren't great, unless you integrate with the calendar tool - but you're only able to use one add-on per Trello Board before having to pay monthly - so it's very easy to miss an important task. It can also be very difficult to move projects over to Trello if they weren't started on there; moving related files and updates over can be very time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage projects in a more agile way then Trello should work very well for you. It's worth upgrading to the paid version so that you get the full suite of features. It takes some getting used to before the real value kicks in, but once you do embrace it you'll love it.

I use Trello for both personal work-related task management and for team projects. It brings everyone into one place to manage projects and ensure that every part of the project is being looked after and deadlines aren't being missed - if they are it's easy to identify ahead of time.

Trello review by <span>Curtis G.</span>
Curtis G.

"Great tool for simple workflow and doing tasks"

What do you like best?

The price tag is nice! It's free. Plus really easy to use after a brief education. Great features like drag n drop of attachments and files, tagging, commenting for other users, and dragging cards from column to column to progress your workflow or mark things done. It's a visual way to collaborate and manage work together. Trello is good for tracking feedback, reporting bugs (not as good as JIRA), and allowing our product, ux, and customer teams to work independently and also collaborate. You can easily move cards from one board to another as projects hand off from one team to another. Every card tracks a full feed of comments so you have a timeline of communications and decisions for given tasks.

What do you dislike?

The only option for organizing your tasks and projects is in the wall/board view. So not a lot of customization there. Plus it doesn't have the best way to see calendar views. Lastly you can add checklists to a card but there really isn't a way to assign subtasks to users. Asana is definitely better at that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello was recently acquired by Atlassian which sells Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and a suite of tools.

Trello has allowed our teams to stay connected and up to date on each others' projects and priorities. We now have great transparency and an increased ability to work together faster and easier. We now have greater flexibility and are using it to roll out our product features faster and even for personal use.

Trello review by <span>Gordon D.</span>
Gordon D.

"Platform average, support lousy"

What do you like best?

The Trello platform is reasonably OK and adaptable to various scenarios.

What do you dislike?

I had an issue with their deficient two-factor authentication system which has clearly not been fully tested for issues. In the end, after 3 weeks of chasing their support team, no resolution. Regrettably, rather than trying to find a way around the solution or admit that the platform does not provide any commercially sensible fix, they just drag the matter out and in the end tell me only that I have to set up an entire new account. In my case it will take hours of building new email addresses and involving multiple 3rd parties which will cost me in the thousands of dollars to rectify.

For this reason, I would highly recommend against Trello. If you have no issues that require support and you don't uncover the bugs in the system, but if you do - as in my case, you are left hanging. On top of that, not one single offer of credit or compensation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is inadequate as per my comments above.

Standard project management - benefits same as other platforms.

Trello review by <span>Taylor O.</span>
Taylor O.

"Excellent Planning Tool"

What do you like best?

I love how detailed you can be with making separate lists and boards and that you can invite/add certain people to contribute to each board. There are so many helpful features. My particular favorite is the checklist feature. You can show a percentage of bar of the task being completed!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I would say that there are so many features and options that while using it, i feel a bit overwhelmed. It seems that there are so many options that i could be much more efficient than i currently am on Trello, unfortunately i am unaware of how to better use the features. It almost feels like i could go down a rabbit-hole of boards and cards! I know that this is purely up to me to resolve. I need to spend more time going through the information/Tips tab to feel more secure in my use of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend at least looking into Trello and exploring options. Like i said previously, there are endless options and features and i believe that after really researching how to optimize the site for your use you would fall in love the Trello just as I have.

Business wise, i can see countless benefits. This website would be so beneficial to a large group of employees working on a project together. You can start a board and fill it will ideas, other members can comment and elaborate on those ideas. You can even delegate, create due dates and see that tasks are completed in a timely matter all from this website.

Trello review by <span>Alex F.</span>
Alex F.

"Organise tasks and jobs in a simple list management tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and quick.

Boards can be shared easily with collegues. Cards can be assigned to individual users, making it easy to see who is doing what.

Versatile can be used for organising jobs, planning tasks (even doing the gardening and painting at home).

Tasks can be given due dates, when the due date approaches, your phone app will remind you.

A handy calendar view allows you to see things planned/scheduled for given week or month

Checklists can be added to add multiple jobs to a card.

What do you dislike?

Sharing doesn't have an option to use previous settings, so when you make a new board you have to invite everyone again. (or if this does exist it's not easy to find).

When lists become long it can be harder to find things. (This might be 50% the list creators fault).

Some of the stickers are not very professional looking they are more 'fun'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is simple to use and easy to pick up and implement within your team. It is versatile and can be used for a number of different tasks, it does not just have one application

We use it to organise the jobs we do in our support department. We schedule the tasks using a card and assign them to the support member who will complete the task. When it is done the card is archived and marked as complete.

Sharing and collaborating with the support team so that everyone is team has a clear overview of the tasks which need to be completed.

Trello review by <span>Bobby H.</span>
Bobby H.

"Project Management Made easy"

What do you like best?

The ability to seamlessly share tasks and projects among team members is fantastic. No longer do I have to worry about coming back from the weekend or time off and wondering where I left off.

What do you dislike?

They lack a few "way of life" comfort features. The ability to close down lists is only supported loosely via the third party chrome extension - which recently seems to have broken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teach your team how to use some of the tips and tricks from Trello in order to ensure that they will use the software efficiently.

I also love pairing Trello with Typeform in order to gain form to card submission access. Finally, you can use emails to write back on comments for cards. Basically anything you can think of , can be done with Trello or a plugin via Zapier.

Tracking projects, tasks, and assignments for execution. It's allowed us to be more nimble and efficient with our time.

Trello review by <span>Jeheen Mahmood Z.</span>
Jeheen Mahmood Z.

"One of the easiest tool tool to pick up"

What do you like best?

The intuitive interface and ease of use. I have used several Todo list, Collaboration app. But Trello beat all the rest in simplicity. Yes, there are others that are even more simple, but they don't offer seamless sync or features anywhere near Trello. It is the richest yet leanest app.

Though not directly related to productivity, I always liked the backdrops and stickers I could use with Trello. I feel more willing to focus on my work if I can add a little fun element to my workspace. Trello definitely tried to cover that, a lot more than many other apps.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at all! I love what they provide. If you need tons of functionality, go for heavier project management apps. If you want even more simplicity, you need to pick a simple to do list. But this is the golden mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for 0 training time for your team, ease of use, 100 up time and something they would want to use themselves, sign up with Trello without any hesitation.

It is a great tool to stay on top of your tasks. I used to get lost in the midst of my projects, forget who is doing what and whom do I owe what. I didn't want to use cumbersome project management apps. Because they usually have a steep learning curve and would need valuable project time to learn them. But Trello was so easy to pick up, it didn't take any time to learn the basics. It was more like a social media platform to a beginner.

Trello review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

"I do not believe I could do my job anymore without Trello!"

What do you like best?

Trello makes it easy to keep track of all of my projects. At a glance, I am able to look on a board and know exactly where each task lies, what comes next, and which team member is assigned.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you can only view lists in a horizontal view. When you get into a few dozen per board, it can become cumbersome to find what you need and alternative views would remedy that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorial videos and read the company blog. While Trello is not all that complicated, they give some good workflow suggestions that I found invaluable and might not have thought up on my own.

Before I started using Trello, I kept track of my projects just in our ticketing system which wasn't terrible, made it time consuming to see where things stood and made my daily review take 5 times as long. Being able to have a collaborative environment with easy to view lists/tasks has cut down on daily management considerably.

Trello review by <span>Mandy C.</span>
Mandy C.

"An Okay Way to Keep Track of Projects as a Team"

What do you like best?

Trello is an okay way to keep track of projects with a team, but not an ideal format for organizing said projects. If I had to choose something to like, I suppose I like the ability to have unlimited boards or cards. You can create different cards with additional sub-cards under, much like creating folders of information. You can also comment on boards where you can ask questions to other team members, but honestly this isn't the most efficient program in general.

What do you dislike?

It can be very confusing if you don't know how to navigate the online project management site/app. It's really not that easy to communicate with team members about the project. It's only useful for updating others on a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use this if you don't have a better system in place. Overall, Trello is not that great for organizing ideas or communicating with your team members.

It does have checklists and you can make multiple lists, but it's not that great. I honestly think that you're better off writing on paper schedules or notebooks to plan things and just email your team members. Trello has been more frustrating than helpful. I personally only use Trello because one of my clients prefers this for handling team projects, but we still have to have constant contact via social media and email. This doesn't really solve any problems and might even add to our organization problems.

Trello review by <span>Lucy K.</span>
Lucy K.

"Trello "

What do you like best?

Love that Trello syncs automatically no matter what device you are on. Love that you can share boards with team members or accountability partners or whomever and be able to track activities. There are great backgrounds you can add to the boards that aren't just color. There is a Trello community that posts their boards for you to look at and/or copy so you are not reinventing the wheel. These other boards are a great resource.

What do you dislike?

It's not intuitive on how to delete a board. If you create one accidentally, you can't just delete it. You have to "archive" it and then there is a prompt to archive or delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the work -- go through their support and resources to ensure you know how to get the best use out of the tool. I'm sure there are even more ways I could be using it. I just need to take some time to go through all o its functions.

Tracking - team management; information is now in one place for various projects. Streamlined some tasks.

Trello review by <span>Sergiu B.</span>
Sergiu B.

"Trello an alternative for ToDoIst & Small Business! "

What do you like best?

The best is that when you start a new business or a small company and want to have a good task flow, this one deserves a try.

What do you dislike?

If you came from another Task Manager based on other solutions, it`s hard to understand how it works. but this s not for a long time. One thing that you need to do first is not to come back to other solutions that you had earlier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I told before just check it in must have and if you had another solution for task management just, try it with a small team first and after connect the others to it & don`t look back on your old solution!

This is a software that helps you to keep your current business processes abroad the problems :).

Basically the main: control each company and employe project under control.

Trello review by <span>Mitchell O.</span>
Mitchell O.

"Trello as a Customer Manager Organizer"

What do you like best?

Everything is very intuitive. It's a simple interface that accomplishes a lot. I don't want to spend time configuring the management tool. Trello makes it easy to see what needs to happen then get it done without spending time. I also like how I can personalize the backgrounds. This is a petty thing but it makes working in Trello fun and helps me to organize all the different boards I have easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could make more subtasks within tasks I generate. Although the general task management with individual tasks works great 90 percent of the time, there are times when I have more complex issues that I need manage and it's hard to do so sometimes. If there was a way they could maintain their simplistic UI and UX while adding complexity, that would be great.

I use Trello to keep my tasks organized. I work with hundreds of different clients who have different needs at different times. Sometimes I have to do follow ups or fulfill complicated requests and Trello makes it easy for me to see where I'm at with those tasks. The major benefit is I have one place where I can see everything I need to within a particular category. I can then break up major categories into boards so that things aren't too broad. Trello saves me a lot of time and effort every day. It's helped me avoid a lot of problems down the road.

Trello review by <span>Pammy L.</span>
Pammy L.

"So many lists"

What do you like best?

I am constantly keeping lists, and love that I can customize different lists so that each task or project has it's own list. I no longer need messy notepads and makeshift post it note lists

What do you dislike?

I would like a way to integrate my calendar in a user friendly way. This would make the planning process easier. I also wish there was an easier way to prioritize tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am the only one that used it at my last position. I would recommend getting your coworkers on board so that you can use its full potential, but it works great for single user as well

The benefits of Trello is that it keeps me organized. I wear many hats at my organization, and with this program, I can give each "hat" its own list.

Trello review by <span>Erich D.</span>
Erich D.

"Easy and fast way to organize important information."

What do you like best?

I can easily make a appreciate the general picture or focus on the specification. I like that all task state is visible to everyone. Helps me to organize important information in one space. Glad that I can have cooperation at work with all working team.

What do you dislike?

As for me, it is wonderful software which gives quite a lot useful information. But we can say that this platform works well for a small company like ours. I'm not sure that this product will be the same powerful for big companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to you. It is great software which will help you to do all of your work in right time. Also, that program has very good synchronization. With it, you will have the opportunity to use an electronic device and web even in offline. Also, consist useful information for all team.

We like to work with flexible configuration exactly in our style how we like. We know that in our work it is hard to miss the deadline due to easily customizable calendar modes. We always have the ability to new updates in real time. Great that everyone can see the stream of information.

Trello review by <span>Steve Q.</span>
Steve Q.

"Easy to use project management and collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

Best aspects of Trello are the following:

(1) It's highly intuitive to use, and requires a minimal learning curve to use it effectively

(2) The visual layout is simple and easy to understand and enables the user to quickly obtain a snapshot of a project's or task's status with just a glance

(3) It's a very effective way to keep a team organized, focused, and collaborating using a single tool

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing to dislike at all. Seriously, for the use cases for which we use Trello, there aren't any major flaws or challenges. For full disclosure -- Trello isn't the only tool we use -- as we're also heavy users of Slack and G Suite. Thus I'm sure there are use cases where Trello would struggle, but we simply don't even bother trying to use Trello in ways that are not optimal.

The primary problems we solve are: (i) easy to use, collaboration and organization tool, (2) enabling quick status checks and project gap analyses, and (3) a solution that provides a single-location/single-source of truth for a particular project.

Trello review by <span>Kaylea N.</span>
Kaylea N.

"Easy and useful project and team management tool"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to use - that's really the best thing about Trello. I like that you can set up separate boards for different teams, etc. Once within a board, it's very easy to create task cards and place them within different columns, all of which is customizable. Once of the things I like most is the ability to tag cards, add deadlines and include task checklists. It really makes project management much easier, and as a team manager, it's very easy for me to see and arrange tasks from a high level as well as assign members of my team to specific tasks/projects. It generally cuts out the need for status meetings too, which is a big plus and timesaver.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to track time spent on projects/tasks and assign a certain # of hours per person. It would help me better manage my project budgets without having to use a separate tool or Excel grid.

Cuts down on time needed to manage projects and allows managers to keep track of progress from a bird's eye view. Also makes it easy for me to report back to my own manager on how many/what kind of tasks we have going on in order to effectively manage our pipeline of work.

Trello review by <span>Mike L.</span>
Mike L.

"My Digital Project Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make lists of all the different initiatives that are currently being worked on by my team. Then within each of those lists, have different cards that are tied to each project. I love the freedom to organize the order of those cards. We like to use the order for priority. All the options around each card are great too. We'll tag people on each card who are associated with that project. If the project is a hot one, the card will get a special color label. You can also place checklists and and assign due dates to individual cards. And anytime a card is modified, all users assigned to that card will get email updates.

What do you dislike?

I don't have a lot of gripes with trello, but I wouldn't mind if trello included more free "Power-ups". These 3rd party API's allow added functionality to the cards. A user is limited to 1 free Power-up per board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trello is a great product that can be used in a multitude of ways. The customization of card and simple ui sets it head and shoulders above other competing programs. It's free. So give it a shot for a week or two. If you have concerns about integrations, check out their power-ups.

In our department and between departments we have had issues with project visibility. This product has allowed us to be more transparent so that we aren't running down parallel paths saving time, effort and ultimately money.

Trello review by <span>Avi C.</span>
Avi C.

"Good but Basic"

What do you like best?

the best thing about Trello is its ease of use.

and of course that its the only service that offers this level of project management, online for free.

I like how fast and easy it is to organize the different topics in a visual layout and add / edit them at any time

I have seen companies like Enscape use this tool very effectively to be transparent about their project progress and feature pipeline.

What do you dislike?

it still feels a bit basic, missing many collaboration features such as a topic progress bar element.

the label system is good but isn't Intuitive, you need to add it through a menu and then filter it through another menu. it needs to be better visualized.

there are more features that you can add as an addin app but that requires you to search and learn that app. I might do it sometime but haven't gotten to it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its free and easy to use and setup, if this is something you think you need there is no reason not to try it out. I generally like it, just hope it gets more basic features going forward. I'll be looking out for it for sure.

I needed an easy to use online interface to detail our different project states and share its progression.

I was hoping to use it for team collaboration but in the end it only serves me for my task management.

it still is good for visualizing my work progress and open issues.

Trello review by <span>Joseph B.</span>
Joseph B.

"Excellent tool to manage all your task with your team"

What do you like best?

Super clean and efficient UI, lists can be fully customized, and collaboration takes place in real time. My team love it!!! Pricing is also fantastic, Free in our use case, and in most use cast i presume.

What do you dislike?

not much, it's really a good free tool, no catch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve your productivity super quickly thanks to this amazing free tool

Simple pricing, unlimited board, unlimited attachements, real time collaboration for all the team.

An amazing feature we loved: You can create cards and comments via email. Every board has a special email address you can use to create cards. Trello uploads the attachments you send along, too. Also, when you get notifications via email, you can reply via email without opening Trello.

Sharing task with my team. You can find what you need with search, filtering, and labels. Search is fast and powerful, with sophisticated operators to help you narrow your search. Labels help you categorize your cards finely so you can find and filter them later.

Trello review by <span>Gabriella Q.</span>
Gabriella Q.

"Uses are Expandable"

What do you like best?

Trello is made of simple building blocks: boards, cards, and lists. You can manage them in many ways, including making multiple boards for different tasks, and specifying the lists in the boards, and specifying the cards on each list. I personally use mine to set out my weekly schedule: one board contains 7 lists, each signified by a day of the week, and on each day is cards for what I do that day. The great thing about Trello is that I can easily archive a card once I am done with it, and still have the list remaining, so it is very reusable. You can also use different languages on Trello, and even add emojis. I also enjoy the auto checklist: I can copy a list from a website, such as a list of Japanese phrases I wish to learn, and paste, and Trello automatically creates my checklist! Very useful.

What do you dislike?

Trello has a lot of powerups but you are limited if you use this application for free. However, I get enough out of it just using it for free, and it helps me organize my class schedule pretty well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of Trello's flexibility. I use mine to manage my busy schedule, but also to remind my significant other of important dates. It can help maintain relationships and build new ones.

I am solving how to organize my time efficiently, and have realized how expandable Trello is; you can name the boards, lists, and cards whatever you want, and Markdown is also a feature of Trello, so it is quite nifty.

Trello review by <span>Iqbal A.</span>
Iqbal A.

"Trello, great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

I like the email notification system, the google sheets add on that you can use to track progress of detailed projects and deadlines. I like the interface that lets you separate difference projects or topics in separate boards.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets hard to navigate through the various boxes. I wish it was easier to organize your dashboard. It is hard to find links in the boards also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for project management with people who are within or outside of your organization. Great way to share updates, documents, links, and communicate project progress. Log in is very simple and the interface is very user friendly.

I use it to work with vendors that help us host online events. I also use it to collaborate with colleagues one various projects. It helps us work remotely and keep track of project progress without having to constantly email or host meeting to get updates.

Trello review by <span>Maciek P.</span>
Maciek P.

"Great UI, Easy to Use, Integration Support"

What do you like best?

Trello is an amazing project organization and team collaboration tool. I particularly love the user-friendly interface and how easily it integrates with other apps, giving us the ability to customize to our needs. We work with several consultants and remote teams, and everyone can create, add, and organize from anywhere, keeping everyone accountable. I also love Trello's rich features such as labels, due dates, reminders, color coding tasks, adding attachments, email and team chat notifications. A workflow for lead generation we have is Trello>Zapier>Slack.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, and I am very happy for what I use it for, but my biggest gripe is user management. I have added consultants to new boards recently, and there is no rhyme or rationale of how the add users feature works. People may have several accounts, some they use still, others they do not, and I have not found a steamlined way to add the right accounts to Trello boards outside of our company. Also, there are a few things which could be improved upon such as capability to create a parent/child for a task, ability to link tasks with other tasks, or the capability to highlight a task as blocked.

Everyday project management, managing 3rd party partners and outside consultants, deadline tracking, keeping consultants accountable.

Trello review by <span>Ryan  T.</span>
Ryan T.

"Easy and straight forward"

What do you like best?

It is an easy way to track a method or path needed to accomplish a task or complete a project.

What do you dislike?

You can't delete a list, you can only archive it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product that is simple to adopt and administer to your team. There a number of different add-ons (or as they call them, PowerUps) that you can use to make your boards and cards more dynamic. You can probably do most of what you want with the free version of Trello, and the price for a small team isn't bad. You can also use pay services like Unito or CardSync to have boards sync up and display different information around the same topic. Overall, a really easy project management tool that is user friendly and dynamic.

It is making communication between sites on other sides of the US easier when it comes to tracking customer projects.

Trello review by <span>Michaela P.</span>
Michaela P.

"The best project management tool"

What do you like best?

I love Trello for its simple design and the fact that it's so easy to use and very intuitive. Anyone can jump in and start using it right away. On the other hand, it offers many advanced features for those users that want more.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about Trello. I really love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using Trello and you'll not go wrong.

I use Trello with several teams to manage projects and also for my own task and project management. I like that I can use it on phone when I'm away from my desk and it syncs seamlessly.

It's really easy to collaborate with others while working online. I work remotely and most of the time I never meet my colleagues face-to-face. Trello makes it easy to know what I'm supposed to do, what my colleagues are working on, and it gives me an overview of the whole project in a glance.

I like that anyone can create a workflow that works for them and the whole team can see the process on one screen.

The checklist on each card makes it easy to track all the tasks. With the checklist it's hard to forget an important step.

I like using the due date and that when due dates are set on each task, the whole team can see on one page what's on time and what's behind.

Trello works well with Slack and you can also add some automation, so for example when you move a card from one column to another, Trello will automatically assign a person to the card, etc. As I said before, it's really powerful.

Trello review by <span>Isaul C.</span>
Isaul C.

"Great for organizing tasks solo or in group"

What do you like best?

Simple drag and drop interface. Simple, but not necessarily basic, it's powerful enough to seamlessly integrate with major apps.

What do you dislike?

Has a bit of a learning curve, enforcing usage among a team with different tech skills can be challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prioritize in organizing your activities and tasks, then move on to a cloud-based tool. It's important to highlight the importance of staying organized before starting to use Trello. Although you can organize anything on a simple spreadsheet, Trello's features are powerful enough to empower the same spreadsheets that you're using. No need to stop using them, but you can power your organization. It's also highly recommended because of the many integrations it provides. There are many task/project management tools, but I doubt they have as many integrations as Trello at their price point.

Task management, project tracking, meeting deadlines. I started using Trello to keep track of several projects, and tasks, and I didn't want to rely in spreadsheets. It was just too hard to set deadlines and comment on specific issues. So, after struggling to organize things using their cards system, I was then able to organize all my activities and sharing of tasks seamlessly. It's a great interface to work on a variety of tasks while being able to follow up, comment, modify each one. The mobile app is probably even better then the desktop version, as I was able to even work faster.

Trello review by <span>Abby W.</span>
Abby W.

"Amazing streamlined simple tool for checklist making, team coordinating, or workflow tracking"

What do you like best?

Great UI, easy to use interface, lots of customization within lots of simplicity, simple drag and drop -- everything lends to a great easy to use platform.

The ability to dig deeper within cards is also really helpful, from chat to checklists to uploads -- it has everything you need to run a simple agile team or keep track of your life. Highly recommended

What do you dislike?

(Full disclosure, I only ever used the free version, so some of the following may be in the paid version only:) Sometimes it's too simple to do really robust stuff that a platform like Rally or Jira does, and too complex if you just want a good checklist. But for everything in-between, it's great.

Used for group club projects/ coordinating who was in charge of planning what events. Also used it for a simple agile team -- quick setup for a short turnaround project. Finally, have used it a few times for idea generation/ organization, which worked great.

Trello review by <span>Vaibhav K.</span>
Vaibhav K.

"Great Tool for project management. "

What do you like best?

I love lists. With Trello, I can make lists of lists of lists. You can organize tasks visually and see which stages each task is currently in. It is also great for small teams when you are working on a project together and need to assign specific tasks to each member. I also like the fact that you can change the background to match with the theme of the project so that you'll know which project's board you are looking at all times.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike other than the fact that it takes a while to get used to it. It is hard to transfer from your current project management application if you use one, since you may think this is too simple or it might just be a preference. Another thing Trello can improve on is the mobile application, I don't really like the user interface as it is not really optimized for mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a great tool to enhance your task management systems.

The biggest business issue I am solving with Trello is project management. Allowing you to visually see the things you have to complete is great, efficient and causes less stress.

Trello review by <span>Santhanakrishnan s.</span>
Santhanakrishnan s.

"Trello - Issue solving tool."

What do you like best?

This tool helps us in escalating the user complaints to the technical teams with the error of the screenshot that user face. The option of tagging persons for the particular works is the best option which is very easy to do from this. This tool helps us in updating the information's in our personal team boards which is very easier for the other shift guys to keep up with the updates. Creating cards to the consult technical persons and assigning them to do their work on time.

What do you dislike?

Loading the older cards and closing the particular card is very slow. Other than that it is very good to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool to solve the complaints from our place.

User interface is very good.

Cost of the tool is very low and it is very efficient to work

Try it once and share the greatness of it

There are lots of great tagging and filtering options to manipulate your data. Filtering cards and pop-up option when the card is moved from doing to done. Which is very easy to give quick resolution to user once the issue is fixed.

Trello review by <span>Taylor S.</span>
Taylor S.

"Trello is a lifesaver for teams who work remotely "

What do you like best?

One of my favorite aspects of Trello is the streamlined organization process. You can organize all of your lists, projects, to-do's, and more right there on the main page and everything is completely customizable. You can add due dates, reminders, and utilize all the features that will help you be more efficient at what you need to do

What do you dislike?

At the beginning, I struggled with figuring out the differences between some of the features. For example, board, card, etc. But after a little playing around and checking out the helpful tutorials, I was up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a task management or project management system either for yourself or a team, do yourself a favor and check out Trello. You have nothing to lose, and you may just find the solution you've been looking for.

Trello makes it so easy to connect team members who all work remotely. With members who work remotely, streamlining the work is the most important thing so that everyone can be on the same page at all times with what needs to be done. Long gone are the days of making sure each person knows what they need to do or if they saw your email. If you've experienced that problem and are looking for a solution, you won't be disappointed with Trello.

Trello review by <span>Sunny L.</span>
Sunny L.

"Great to organize tasks"

What do you like best?

Trello offers a good platform to keep track of important information, both personal and business information. I like that I can work on my tasks and my coworkers' tasks. Also, Trello makes sure I never miss anything, I am always receiving notifications via email and browser about what's happening.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is not as great as the desktop version, I like it but it is not as easy to use as the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free, flexible and offers a lot of features that are good to keep everything in place and organized. It is as effective as it seems.

We get more organization, and we can manage all our projects with this software. Help us prioritize what is more important to our company and what we have to do every day.

Trello review by <span>Matt E.</span>
Matt E.

"Elegance and Ease"

What do you like best?

The product is so intuitive, I love how easy it is to get up and running from scratch with a board and columns and stories and a team of users. Trello has a mastery of UX where it's almost always obvious how to do what I want to do and I couldn't imagine an easier way to do it. I love that the basic product is free and how convenient and easy it is to use for something as complex as team software product dev or as simple as my personal to-do list (even though it has more features than I would need for that).

What do you dislike?

I got stuck figuring out team setup and switching between teams and boards and at one point and had eo even read the very easy to follow documentation, though I will say the whole experience was still faster and more enjoyable than any similar product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple project tracking solution that is somewhat really simple but very flexible and incredibly easy to use, Trello is the best. I've used it on a team 12 devs and it was did everything for our projects (stories, bugs, QA review). The one except was that we used Lighthouse for bug tracking during regression because we wants to work a little faster and not clutter up the board with numerous defect stories. Trello is not just a great business tool, but I also find it incredibly useful for family tasks and home-improvement projects.

It helps me track tasks that may or may not relate to my multiple projects, and I need to prioritize them with due dates and alerts and assign them a status like Backlog, Ready to Start, Doing, Needs Review, Complete and Archived. It does all this and is so easy I don't have to relearn it if I am not in it for a couple weeks.

Trello review by <span>Rebekah T.</span>
Rebekah T.

"Manage Projects with Ease"

What do you like best?

There's a lot to like with Trello. You can make lists for projects and add cards for s