Trend Micro Endpoint Security

4.0

Trend Micro Endpoint Security provides immediate protection for enterprise endpoints lowering infections by instantly securing end-points from sophisticated cybercriminal attacks

Work for Trend Micro Endpoint Security?

Learning about Trend Micro?

Trend Micro Endpoint Security Reviews

Showing 39 Trend Micro reviews
Trend Micro review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Used this to replace Kaspersky"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it keeps my data and my system free from viruses. It runs overnight and doesn't cause any problems for any of our other programs. We have been running it for almost a year now and I have seen no issues with it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that until I installed Spiceworks Desktop inventory program, I had no idea that our server hadn't had a Trend update in about 8 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is that if you are comparing or pondering between Kaspersky and Trend, go with the Trend software. I can't talk it up enough. We haven't had any failures or viruses get through since we started using it, when we had Ksspersky I know of 3-4 different occasions where we had viruses in our system.

Our business problems we are solving by using the Trend MicroSystems anti-virus is the possibility of being vulnerable to malicious virus attacks. Anti-virus programs are a necessity and this one puts my mind at ease that we are safe behind their security.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trend Micro Endpoint Security

"Trend Micro"

What do you like best?

The ability to install the endpoint fairly quickly. It took no longer than 5 min per device. It was however time consuming when trying to install on certain versions of Mac OS. The older version such as Yosemite would have to restart/reboot multiple times before the software installed.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask your email/domain server in advance for DNS files before implementing the Trend Micro. It will cause for less downtime.

The amount of malware has reduced as far as adware and spam that was previously downloaded on devices.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

Trend Micro review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Good product with lots of features"

What do you like best?

I really like all the security features this product offers. From the ransom ware protection, spyware, and other security protection to straight out virus protection. Very in depth management console with a wide variety of tools and information. Reporting is great and they have very good zero day protection. Low overhead on the devices during scanning and daily operations

What do you dislike?

Clients will from time to time loose connection with the cloud. Once this happens you have to uninstall and reinstall. There needs to be a way to simply reconnect the device to the cloud so it continues to receive updates. Update servers are based in Japan so you have to open geolocations on your firewall for the system to work correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product! We have had very little issue with the client or the management system. Very easy to use and administer. Easily make global changes or changes to just one system.

AV protection on the workstations and servers. We received much more than just AV protection with this product. All the security features add additional layers of security that help protect your environment from threats.

Trend Micro review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Helping keeping patient data secure and preventing against end user vectors"

What do you like best?

Dashboard provides an overview of all instances and end users, allows for immediate threat response and notification, low resource requirements at the head and end.

What do you dislike?

Costly to implement, can become intrusive, false positive rate is higher than anticipated however better safe than sorry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trend Micro is a great solution to the current security threats. End users are the #1 vector for security vulnerabilities to attack your system. This is a close to a turn key solution as you will find.

With over 200 individual VM instances running remote desktop allowing for clients to connect to their EMR through a secure interface I needed to implement a robust end user security solution. Trend Micro allows me to monitor and protect against end user attack vectors across all my virtual machines. As I am responsible for thousands of patient records this allows me to maintain regulatory compliance and prevent against a disastrous data breach.

Trend Micro review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"Great Hosted Antivirus Solution"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage clients from anywhere on the cloud. It's extremely simple to use and much better than any on-prem solution. Rolling out client installs was easy with the email installation option.

What do you dislike?

The reports are a little lacking when it comes to specifics. Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem like there is much depth to the reports. I wish there was a way to better automate device labeling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with the hosted solution rather than trying to do an on-prem solution. It takes much less time to roll out and is easier to manage and can be accessed from anywhere.

We wanted to free up physical devices onsite, so we switched to TM WFBS. We have realized the benefits of managing our endpoint devices from anywhere.

Trend Micro review by Nilay P.
Nilay P.

"all in one solution with easy administration"

What do you like best?

Trend micro is awesome infection assurance programming. It runs naturally at startup and occasionally to discover any dangers. On the off chance that something is discovered it will consequently dispose of the pernicious record and convey you a report. You have the alternative to keep the record on the off chance that you recognize what it is and really need to keep it. I additionally like that you can ensure various gadgets with the one permit.

What do you dislike?

support is bit tough to get in touch. documentation is no updated.

endpoint encryption and virus security

Trend Micro review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Gets the Job done."

What do you like best?

hostred email security is great , easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

i do not like the lack of knowledge by the tech support in the phillipines. it seems as if everytime i call and get an answer i get a different answer when i call back on the same ticket.

email continuity has helped me figure out why emails are being blocked or quarantined, also has helped our company with pci compliance by blocking all cc numbers ann ss numbers

Trend Micro review by Marc J.
Marc J.

"Trend Micro is a reliable threat detection device"

What do you like best?

Trend Micro does a great identifying possible threats and sending notification to take actions. With many employees working remotely, the use of an EMR system in a clinical setting, security of confidential information is key to our business and we trust TMES to this delicat task. Great Spyware and anti-virus system.

What do you dislike?

Depending on company budget, cost to implement can become excessive. Also connection to server sometime faulty, especially is high CPU from other application in use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TMES has helped us keep our computers and confidential information secure for several years now, for both local remote and remote employees. Threat protection is efficacious and comprehensive. Would recommend to other company where data privacy is paramount.

Maintaining confidential patient information secure, identifying and removing any threats to computer systems before infections, anti-virus.

Trend Micro review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"my favorite security software"

What do you like best?

It offers protection to 360 because this software contains OfficeScan, great for the virus and anti-malware. I use "office scan" for 2 years. I found many threats, it is very important to be protected. this program is able to increase enterprise security also.

Protection with the trend micro is easy to manage, easy to deploy to an existing network and requires few hardware resources. Probably much less than similar systems like symantec.

Trend Micro endpoint protection has support in Windows XP until January 30, 2017

What do you dislike?

It has automatic functions that can not be changed. happen to manage software that is recognized as malicious, often I have to pause protection in order to work on some programs.

This is a problem that occurs only in rare cases, I have to work with customized software and it is possible that the executable file is detected as malicious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is the best of its kind. Today it is important to have a comprehensive protection, trend micro succeeds very well. Every year is a confirmation of the excellent work of this team of developers.I use it in my company and at home . I've never had any problems.

many times it happened that "officescan" has detected malicious files while browsing the internet or the arrival of email attachments. It 's always very effective and easy to use, users are able to use it without experience.

I am a network administrator and this software installed on workstations it makes my job easier. I have very few calls for virus infection problems. most damaging viruses such as crypto loker are blocked by this software. I recommend it.

Trend Micro review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great runtime, easy to use control panel"

What do you like best?

OfficeScan Standalone offers protection for Windows-based endpoints and Windows, Linux and Netware servers, while Enterprise Security for Endpoints also includes plug-ins providing a firewall and protection for Apple OS X-based systems and mobile devices – iOS and Android now and Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry OS soon. These plug-ins, as well as a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure support plug-in, are also available as extras for OfficeScan Standalone. Both versions include a version of the Windows-based Trend Micro Control Manager management server that pushes Trend Micro's agent software to endpoints.

What do you dislike?

Only dislike I can think of is there is sometimes a slight delay in the information updating.

Solves security issues, provides peace of mind and low key maintenance.

Trend Micro review by Jaime L. R.
Jaime L. R.

"Great Security"

What do you like best?

The security is a very high level which makes you feel secure in your work

What do you dislike?

The system is not the easiest to use which can be frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using this product to keep each of your devices secure. However it is very important to note that it is not a network security product and is only able to secure each of the endpoints of the network. If you do not secure each and every end point of your network you will lose a great deal of the security that the product is meant to provide. Make sure you fully understand all of the options that you are selecting when you utilize the program so that you do not cause issues with any of your other programs or any of your internet or network usages.

I am attempting to keep my devices secure to protect data

Trend Micro review by Luca C.
Luca C.

"A complete user endpoint protection."

What do you like best?

Trend Micro is one of my favorite clients (endpoints) protection.

It is distinguished by its ease of use , good protection of malware , ease of deploying and distribution and it is not too invasive, ease of setup and first configuration.

Good dashboards and the logs are easy to understand.

One of the nicest things is the new user centric view the detailed time line where you can watch every threats .

What do you dislike?

Until a few years ago with Trend Micro there was not the possibility to have a cloud-based deployment. In the latest versions however you can also take advantage of on-premise Web gateway type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the difference between OfficeScan Security , Worry-Free Business Security Services , Endpoint Application ecc.

We have installed quickly Trend Micro to some customers, it was enough to do some "training" about Control Manager and them could proceed independently.

Trend Micro review by Esteban R.
Esteban R.

"The best of trend micro in one software."

What do you like best?

A package of security software into one, such as Trend Micro ™ OfficeScan, Trend Micro Worry-Free ™, Trend Micro ™ Endpoint Application Control, Trend Micro ™ Endpoint Encryption and many more, which are responsible for maintaining not only PCs desktops, but your whole network and the devices connected to it, besides being able to encrypt data and keep them safe.

What do you dislike?

A little complicated to implement at first, as a new user i didn't know where to begin and what to do to customized it to my specific needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can spend some time and get to know the software you will probably love it.

As many users use android and mobile devices this days this software is a nice bonus for protecting all kind of devices connected to the network, and cloud-base antivirus removes a huge performance bottlecap for many pc's in the company.

Trend Micro review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Trend falls behind in age of ransomware "

What do you like best?

The client is fairly low impact on the protected client.

What do you dislike?

Patches are released frequently in order for product to keep up with new threats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trend is probably the best solution out of the legacy bunch, but others like Cylance are better for a lower touch option with much better support.

End point protection. As long as the product is patched and kept up to date Trend will keep your environment safe.

Trend Micro review by Lee L.
Lee L.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Support

Available add-ins

Use IMSS solution with Trend also.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of. Have always had great support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is very good.

Security and outstanding support.

Trend Micro review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great replacement for Symantec"

What do you like best?

Great overall performance and control than Symantec end point and Kaspersky IS (Personal).

What do you dislike?

Ran into few disruptions on End-User machines and remote server, had an major outage when it quarantined Office apps. This should could had been well avoided when it was excluded during definition updates.

End to End protection, virus and malicious software detection, removable media encryption protection.

Trend Micro review by OLIVIA P.
OLIVIA P.

"Security for our lives online"

What do you like best?

The variety of security for internet content and clouding. This is important when using all the technology devices that I do in my office with sensitive information that I want to keep private.

What do you dislike?

It is not cheap, but they do offer free trials if you need to try it before committing to the price. The download took longer than I thought also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is definitely worth a try.

This benefits me in new ways I am always realizing. So much of our life, business and pleasure, revolves around technology. Our lives are literally online and inside our devices; whether it's an important contract or pictures of your children's soccer game. This product helps keep our lives as private as possible on these devices.

Trend Micro review by Zach C.
Zach C.

"Simple management and effective scanning and remediation, lacks detailed easy reporting"

What do you like best?

Very easy and quick to deploy to workstations. Scanning seems to be pretty effective and remediation is automatic. Client does not utilize many local system resources.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and email alerts are lacking. When you get an email for a machine that has been infected it doesn't tell you the name of the machine or what infections were found, you have to login to the admin console for more information.

Thorough antivirus scanning and remediation.

Trend Micro review by Sandra D.
Sandra D.

"Great product for users with high level of internet usage"

What do you like best?

In my 5 years with this company, I have not been affected by malware, viruses, or spam even once. That's almost unheard of. Seriously considering for my personal computer as well.

What do you dislike?

No issues to report or suggestions to make at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for keeping users safe and protected against internet threats.

Providing access to a large number of users while maintaining a secure network. Allowing users who need to access the internet to perform their role to do so with ease and confidence.

Trend Micro review by Administrator

"Great software albeit a little old interface. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to install and manage throughout the network.

What do you dislike?

The interface on the management side can at time be rather confusing. I wish it had better ways to report changes or virus found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Update the management side of this software. Can at times be hard to find options or run installs.

Solved our AV issue!

Trend Micro review by Cory S.
Cory S.

"TrendMicro - Ultimate Manageability in Volume Security"

What do you like best?

For TrendMicro Deep Security, Its ease of installation through virtual machine software is definitely a positive. All it takes is a simple command line typed in and vSphere installs the rest.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it requires the VMware vShield and VMWare Tools to be installed on each system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

vSphere is hands down the best way to implement TrendMicro.

Scalability and ease of management for multiple virtual machines is the primary reason why we went with this software.

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"TrendMicro"

What do you like best?

TrendMicro End Point Security is reliable product and fairly easy to work with. There is no perfect suite of security solutions around (we looked) but trend does a good job of providing good tools. I have have found Trend tech support to be fairly easy to work with. Call wait times are usually very reasonable

What do you dislike?

Find that we end up managing through three interfaces. Would be nice to have a single unified product to manage Antivirus, Email FIltering, And Web Control with the features we currently have

Ability to provide user and AD group based rule based web filtering and reporting. Previously used Worry Free Business and rule applied on a per workstation basis. New tools provided much more granular control

Trend Micro review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"A solid corporate AV"

What do you like best?

Detection is pretty good and fast and the firewall does its job of blocking things well. It has regular updates to keep up with malware and virus definitions. Great security for VDI's.

What do you dislike?

It misses some of the malware and catches some false-positives like false warnings when visiting sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has great reporting features to indicate any repeat offenders.

Endpoint security for users across the company, safeguards laptops and virtual desktops without any adverse performance lag.

Trend Micro review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Solid product for the price"

What do you like best?

Easy set up, easy to navigate, and easy to use. All in all, this offers great security in an easy to use platform.

What do you dislike?

Long set up time, took roughly an hour on my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product that takes up little space, uses a small amount of RAM and performs exactly how you would want it to.

Preventing viruses and keeping malware and adware to a minumum. We've had great success with this product. The less 'junk' IT has to clean up, the more we can focus on more important projects. An even greater benefit is that employee productivity is better when their computers run smoothly.

Trend Micro review by Ravi M.
Ravi M.

"Endpoint Security "

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy the endpoints on system and managed in two consoles like one is OfficeScan console and control manager console

What do you dislike?

I have not seen any dislike in trend micro and they need to be provide solution for Linux operating systems for deploy endpoint Security

I am facing with deploying endpoints on Linux machines

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Overall enjoyable experience"

What do you like best?

Managing many users through the admin console made it easy to visualize which users where protected and had out of date definitions

What do you dislike?

At time it felt like there had to be a lot of manual intervention in order to get our customers up to the latest virus definitions. We also had some mac systems on our network and the implementation for that seemed kind of like a hacky tacked on plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try out the trial and make sure that it is compatible with not only your clients but your servers.

Deployment of realtime AV protection on a large scale corporate environment. It gave us much more control over managing our users machines as well as our servers were up to date and protected.

Trend Micro review by jenna e.
jenna e.

"this is by far my favorite security system"

What do you like best?

It's a truly great security software to have for business and personal uses. It great for protecting all devices used, immediately notifies you of any infections before they take over.

What do you dislike?

I wish the updates were a little faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software and the price is very competitive

Keeping everyone safe from all types of viruses on all devices used on the network. It's a no worry software.

Trend Micro review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great for Mac"

What do you like best?

Trend Micro Security was an excellent security platform that protected my Macbook Pro from threats without utilizing a tremendous amount of processing power.

What do you dislike?

While running a full system scan, sometimes the program affected overall machine performance. But that is to be expected.

I provide large scale marketing services to a diverse group of clients and trusted Trend Micro protected my machine from virus and malware threats.

Trend Micro review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Security software"

What do you like best?

Easy software to install and manage on a network.

What do you dislike?

Uses lots of the devices hard drive resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy product to manage.

Virus Protection and Encryption

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Computer Software

"TrendMicro Endpoint security protection"

What do you like best?

The ability to drill down to the device and it's issues directly in the console.

Also the great reporting and graphing for my management.

What do you dislike?

Need to get more detailed in the Location Management... If a user is on a laptop inside the network vs. outside the network - filter on connection or something and restrict or permit depending on policy. Effectively have more than one policy on the device for different locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product and support is one of the best in vendors I work with.

Securing mobile devices, needing to distinguish between user & device, inside or outside network.

Trend Micro review by User

"Great anti-virus. "

What do you like best?

It did a great job of protecting my computer from threats without being to intrusive or interfering with my day to day use of the computer. Would recommend strongly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it was difficult to affect the functionalities of the program. But as it came pre-installed to the work computer, this wasn't an issue I had to deal with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that they try the product. I was very satisfied with my experience.

I did lab research at a large public university in cellular biology. This program was able to protect my work computer from threats to my knowledge. And my experience using the computer was interfered with.

Trend Micro review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"Using it for years with satisfaction"

What do you like best?

runs quietly in the background. doesnt appear on the foreground or supersede apps

What do you dislike?

user interface. its not very friendly and cumbersome to use for novice users.

block unwanted pop ups

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome antivirus product"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it's stable and consumes less resources

What do you dislike?

For now, there's nothing i dislike about trend micro....it suits me well

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it....you'll get value for your money

Malware protection and defence

"Recommended AntiVirus"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation, Quality of content, Visual Appeal

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.. Seems to me best anti virus software

All problems with computer such as Malware and Threat Issue from Internet

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Not great"

What do you like best?

Good central management options. Easy remote deployment and decent detection rates. Good pricing.

What do you dislike?

Very heavy. The program takes a lot of resources and has causes some issues.

Protects against viruses and keeps office computers running.

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Best Antivirus"

What do you like best?

Good Protection. Complete ALL in ONE protection

What do you dislike?

Should have protection against ransom wares, it has to an extent but it could be better

Security and Protection

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Adminsitrator review"

What do you like best?

Every option I can think of for protecting private information is available

What do you dislike?

Very nested settings that takes time to find.

Solving health clinic issues

Trend Micro review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy to install and set up. understandable reports, great product

What do you dislike?

So far, there is not anything that I dislike

N/A

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent in a Virtual Environment"

What do you like best?

In a virtual environment, it performs scans at the hypervisor level, limiting the amount of performance impact seen on the end user level.

What do you dislike?

The full suite can be pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is particularly useful in the hybrid cloud solution. Trend Micro is moving towards the cloud, and this is a great tool to help you secure it.

Learning about Trend Micro Endpoint Security?

* We monitor all Trend Micro Endpoint Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.