Trend Micro Mobile Security

Trend Micro™ Mobile Security is an essential component of Trend Micro complete user protection solution that gives you full visibility and control of mobile devices, apps, and data through a single built-in console. It strikes the right balance between user productivity and IT risks.

Work for Trend Micro Mobile Security?

Learning about Trend Micro?

Trend Micro Mobile Security Reviews

Showing 12 Trend Micro reviews
Trend Micro review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

"Great App with Little Tax on the Phone OS"

What do you like best?

I like that the app quietly runs in the backround and most days I forget it's even on my phone. I have been running Trend Micro for over a year now and I doubt I will be switching to another anti virus program anytime soon.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit confusing at times and seems messy. Sometimes it can be buggy as well when trying to tell the app you have received the notification it is telling you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A close relative worked for a very well known security company that was working on some serious high tech secret stuff and the protect their systems, they trusted Trend Micro so I decided that was a good enough excuse for me.

Trend Micro Mobile Security helps me with piece of mind knowing that my personal mobile device is secure whether it's in my hand or not. I trust the application on my PC as well. I handle peoples personal information on a daily basis so being a small business, I can't afford any type of data breach and Trend Micro helps me solve that issue.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trend Micro Mobile Security
Trend Micro review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Trend Micro for the Office and Mobile Applications"

What do you like best?

In my office Trend Micro runs transparently and doesn't seem to suck up resources. I like the way it previews and rates websites for security and risk. If I see anything but green in the results from a search I'll look very carefully before clicking. I have not had an infection or malware in 3 years.

The most useful function of the mobile app is the ability to maintain a blocked call and text list. Calls from numbers that are not recognized I let go to voicemail, if they do not leave a message the number goes on the list and the next time the call is cut off as soon as it rings.

What do you dislike?

Their renewal process is really flakey. It is easy to wind up with overlapping subscriptions.

The last time the mobile app updated it did not carry over my 200+ blocked phone numbers to the new version! Very amateurish and frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it but it has some quirks (support and subscription management) that are cumbersome.

Not having to deal with an infected system saves a huge amount of time and stress.

What Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution do you use?

Trend Micro review by <span>Naveed M.</span>
Naveed M.

"Great solution for POS Tablets"

What do you like best?

The best thing that most of our clients like and us personally is that it's very easy to manage all tablets on your local network and protect them to the best of the software's ability. The dashboard displaying quick information about all your connected devices saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

The quick scan in my opinion wasn't very quick and could use a bit of help on speeding it up if currently possible. Also one of my android devices got infected which I was surprised Trend Micro missed that specific threat. I sent logs to Trend Micro for inspection. At least they respond very quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using the trial version of Trend Micro before your purchase. It gives you a very good feel of the software without much of its features being locked out for the subscription type service.

I trust Trend Micro's database a lot and I have faith in their customer support which is what I expect when the IT life is already fast paced enough. They have great product support and product compatibility. It's exactly what we need for POS tablets.

Trend Micro review by <span>Demetrios K.</span>
Demetrios K.

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

The database is fantastic! It catches even the most advanced viruses

What do you dislike?

It seems bulky and slow at times, only best when starting up from sleep mode

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the software more competitive with pricing and the level of security. Advertise more on the mainstream media as younger, more sophisticated computer/mobile/tablet users are increasing their usage online

No business problems yet, but possible attacks in the future. We're a small company that uses credit card machines, but only on a telephone landline. There is a wifi option available, however due to security reasons, we opted to use the landline as the safer option.

Trend Micro review by <span>Elizabeth C.</span>
Elizabeth C.

"Trend Micro Personal User"

What do you like best?

It is constantly monitoring my PC and keeps me very aware of any potential or definite issues with my security

What do you dislike?

For a non-IT person, it can be slightly difficult to use, without understanding the syntax.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! I have been very pleased with the ease of installation, frequency of monitoring and identification/treatment of items detected.

Awareness of potential risks as well as identified risks on my computer. Isolating these items and getting them off my computer to prevent damage to confidential documents.

Trend Micro review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Basic functionality but not a bad product"

What do you like best?

It has a clean interface, basic features to control devices in your environment effectively and ability to scale.

What do you dislike?

Similar features to others in this space, not much stands out from other vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all players in this space and opt for one that ticks most of the boxes that your company requires. Check their roadmap and see if they have delivered on promises previously. Innovation and keeping on trend is key in this space. Frequent but solid updates and a good customer base.

We have a large fleet of devices and have been searching for the right solution to implement. We have trialed a number of products and struggle to find one that ticks all the boxes for a BYOD environment

Learning about Trend Micro Mobile Security?

* We monitor all Trend Micro Mobile Security reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.