TrendKite Digital PR Platform

4.0

TrendKite Digital PR Platform helps brands and agencies build a timely, highly accurate and actionable picture of their brands' media coverage with ease.

Work for TrendKite Digital PR Platform?

Learning about TrendKite Digital PR Platform?

TrendKite Digital PR Platform Reviews

Showing 66 TrendKite Digital PR Platform reviews
TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Sharon K.
Sharon K.

"TrendKite"

What do you like best?

Find most digital postings to check on publish date, media outlet, author, SEO impact (ranking of site for SEO), sentiment, unique visitors (thus an estimate of potential reach), and number of shares for the post.

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome and not the most user friendly to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can get basics done but feels very manual at times, e.g., when have list of articles and want to scroll from left to right (to see article impact such as SEO impact, number of shares, etc., for that particular article), the horizontal scroll bar is at the bottom of the list of articles. In other words, if you have a list of 50 articles, the horizontal scroll bar is at the bottom of the 50 articles versus anchored within view. Thus, very tedious to try and scroll left to right. Seems like that should be a basic functionality.

Understand impact of article, i.e., potential reach and shares.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TrendKite Digital PR Platform
TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Reed E.
Reed E.

"Poor product / service"

What do you like best?

Initially they were helpful, but once it was obvious that the service did not perform the tasks it had promised to perform, I was not responded to for weeks at a time.

What do you dislike?

The service did not perform the tasks it was promised to perform. I was assured it could track social media information, and once I signed on, it became apparent that it did not, and they were not capable of fixing the issue. Their solutions required me to be the one who'd crawl the internet and send them all the information that was needed, which seemed to be the sole reason to use this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TrendKite did not provide the service nor did it provide the alternatives that were possible.

I was using TrendKite to crawl the net and aggregate engagement across all platforms, Social Media being prioritized. I have realized no benefits as TrendKite is not capable of solving this problem, as they promised they would be.

What PR Analytics solution do you use?

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Kayleigh S.
Kayleigh S.

"TrendKite"

What do you like best?

The best feature on TrendKite is the live chats available whenever needed. I have never had an issue with someone taking more than a few minutes to respond to me when I have an issue.

What do you dislike?

TrendKite does not have the most user friendly features. Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate the dashboard and make changes. I also dislike the constant weeding of "junk" articles picked up by TrendKite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The TrendKite platform can be very finicky. I think it is a great asset for measuring analytics and picking up coverage for multiple companies. It aids in giving client and industry insights that other platforms cannot but it is not the panacea for your PR difficulties.

Originally, we looked at using TrendKite as a tool for media monitoring and leveraging PR analytics for clients. TrendKite is very useful for picking up coverage, there are times when the platform picks up pieces I did not catch.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Most Helpful Media Analytic Tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of Trendkite is the search tool. For a large company, being able to create such specific searches, is so helpful in determining how much coverage or buzz is occurring around a specific topic. The next best thing about Trendkite is the support system. It is so easy to reach out through the chat to get help with whatever you need.

What do you dislike?

Despite the usability and customizability of the search feature, it can be very picky. Because it functions off of the use of parenthesis you really have to make sure that you get the search exactly right or else it won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that other users take advantage of the support that is offered through the TrendKite platform. The chat feature is incredibly easy to use and allows for instantaneous support with nearly any problem or challenge on the platform.

TrendKite really helped us to realize the coverage that we were getting on key topics for the business. The search features in TrendKite were wonderful for getting a full report of how much coverage, what type of coverage, and the sentiment of the coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Adrian R.
Adrian R.

"Solid Product, New Features Added Frequently, Pricey"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and lightning quick analyses are the rockstars of the product. With about 15 minutes of training, anyone can create multiple, in-depth reports that look great, are informative and can be quickly and easily tailor made to whatever you want to measure.

And slicing the numbers is just as easy - if you want to search within results for topics, authors, keywords, companies, pretty much whatever - you can and the results come incredibly quick.

Previously I think they had limits on how far you could go back in history but now you can go back to 2013.

What do you dislike?

The media management is fairly lightweight. Sure the reports can pop up pretty profiles on reporters, analysts or bloggers with detailed contact information, but you'll have a hard time matching the features like the competitors at Cision. The heavy lifting of outreach lists aren't there: things like searching by beat, managing and overlapping and eliminating duplicates just don't match what else is out there, but with TrendKite's rapid addition of features, it may come in the next half year or so.

For the results and analyses, I'm not sure what the international breakdown is, last I heard it was pretty North American-focused.

Also it's impossible to apply your own automated weighting schemes to the results. Sure you can go in and manually change things, but there's no scripting you can write to adjust the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get a demo of the software and be upfront with your use cases. They have a very knowledgable sales and support staff and they will often present you with information that may not only benefit your role, but roles adjacent to yours.

We were things to keep tabs on our clients and our client's competitors.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by John Y.
John Y.

"Great platform for Measuring PR effectiveness"

What do you like best?

High-quality support team, modern feature set

What do you dislike?

International source base somewhat lags competition, no mobile app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific with Sales about your intended usage and needs. No platform is perfect, but TrendKite gets more right than it gets wrong.

TrendKite is a modern PR measurement solution that is rapidly evolving its feature set. While its source base may not be as extensive as legacy providers like Meltwater and Cision, in my experience the built-in features are more powerful and easier to use. I also like that Trendkite is building features to help communicators quantify and demonstrate the value of earned media using tangible business metrics vs. relying on antiquated measured like ad equivalency and 'potential' reach.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great analytics, beautiful reports"

What do you like best?

I love how TrendKite allows us to gather a wide variety of analytics that we're able to show our clients and ultimately show our agency's ROI. The reports TrendKite creates are beautiful and presentation-ready.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a little tricky to learn in the beginning. It took me a couple of weeks before I really felt comfortable using the software and pulling reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're struggling to measure your PR campaigns and/or monitor your clients' mentions in the media, I highly recommend this software. It truly makes media monitoring and measuring so much easier. I also really love that we can plugin our clients' competitors and track the types of media coverage they're getting.

We use TrendKite to track the media coverage we secure for clients and also keep an eye on their competitors. Through TrendKite, we track total media mentions, web traffic, share of voice, key message pull through and social media amplification.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Jasmine C.
Jasmine C.

"Finally, PR and Metrics!"

What do you like best?

I love that Trendkite gives me the ability to show ROI on PR initiatives. I also love that I can drill down on where my competitors are gaining traction. I can monitor share of voice in comparison to competitors, I can recognize trends in coverage patterns and relate it to a specific push. I also love that when I have a question, it gets answered almost immediately right in the app. It also lets me make really nice, sleek reports that I send monthly to the management team.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike so far is that sometimes the program picks up false positives in coverage which can make it a bit tricky to get the metrics perfect. However they're constantly improving.

I've never been able to quantify the impact of PR prior to Trendkite, This has been a total game changer for me.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Betty J.
Betty J.

"We use it to track press mentions online and sentiment "

What do you like best?

It's a very nice UI and our team was able to work with their team to create some logic for search to filter out for other companies with similar names. The ease of filtering is also a big plus.

What do you dislike?

The automated reports are nice, however I feel like there should still be even more customization allowed. I wanted to push out a publishable report that was interactive, something I think it currently doesn't do well. You can interact using the dashboards instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough press mentions to justify the purchase. Make sure that you are pushing enough content out so that you can see the press effects.

Automating and reporting on PR and online presence. When a story about Meeka the Accuride dog went viral, it was able to generate reports on how much it would have cost if we paid for that exposure.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Emily E.
Emily E.

"TrendKite May Be the Future But A Little Difficult to Use"

What do you like best?

I loved the extensive tracking system that Trendkite has - I never worried about it finding a media hit about my clients in both the traditional print or online media as well as social media

What do you dislike?

It took quite a bit of time to get used to the setup and the way to configure things. Because the system is so precise, the more time you have to "play around" with it, the better you're work with it. It's not easy to pick up immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having another user who is familiar with Trendkite walk you through it or really invest some time in tutorials and trials so you become comfortable using it.

We've definitely gathered a bunch of media hits/coverage for our clients and Trendkite has also given us fairly accurate data on the reach numbers and impact of that coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Maura H.
Maura H.

"Interesting but Expensive"

What do you like best?

It generates great reports and monitoring can easily be setup.

What do you dislike?

Very expensive, and even if your company is quoted in an article -- if it's on a site that's behind a paywall, you can pay an additional 3k to have access to unlimited articles, however it unfortunately did no include "subscriptions" to most of the paywall trade publications my client uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a demo, and have someone else in your company also do a demo. Don't be afraid to ask questions and to follow up if you have additional questions. We found that although you can have "unlimited search terms" you can only monitor for one COMPANY for the base pricing and technically only get one seat. To use in an agency setting and monitor multiple companies is it much more expensive.

More timely monitoring; thorough web searching; easily accessible, shareable and customization reports.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Madeline C.
Madeline C.

"TrendKite Review"

What do you like best?

I love how intricate the system can get. You can set up searches to pull any data that you need, which is very helpful for clients that need to see data from numerous angles.

What do you dislike?

The database can take some time getting used to because it's not especially intuitive. Luckily, there are good resources to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a document with steps to follow as you go because it'll be easier to digest the information if you aren't distracted by how to use the system.

Using this system is another way to validate work to a client and to help make sure no data or coverage falls through the cracks.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Helpful tool for PR analytics "

What do you like best?

TrendKite pulls a variety of helpful KPIs for PR practitioners to show value of work completed for clients. It provided a great deal of value at a public relations firm I worked for, Dittoe PR. I especially like the Share of Voice comparison, which allowed me to show clients how they stacked up against competition, and showed our success in gaining further Share of Voice as we worked with them over months or years. The clients really liked the sleek reports that TrendKite put out, and as a PR practitioner it helped us decrease the amount of time we spent on weekly, monthly, and annual reports. I think agencies will see clients really appreciate TrendKite.

What do you dislike?

It could be difficult to use at times when you're new to TrendKite. Luckily, their team helps users get to know the tool and refine searches in order to amplify the impact it has for a public relations agency.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth it! Try it out and you'll love it.

It helps provide PR analytics to a scope of work with a client including advertising value and share of voice with competitors. I would highly recommend it to any agency struggling with clients not understanding the full value of an agency. My PR firm gained a significant amount of value using it.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Greta S.
Greta S.

"Great reporting tool!"

What do you like best?

The well-designed reports and the depth of the metrics available for each dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It can take a lot of extra work to sift through each dashboard at the time of reporting to remove stories that aren't right or add stories that may have been missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the customer support when building dashboards and pulling reports, especially in the beginning. It makes the learning curve and ROI of the product very high!

It really revamped our way of reporting to clients and showing ROI in new ways.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Christine C.
Christine C.

"Advanced PR Analytics Platform"

What do you like best?

With the help of the TrendKite platform, our team is now able to monitor coverage and discover new publishers who are creating original content. For example, we discovered one unsuspecting blogger who drove more website traffic than content featured in Vogue and Vanity Fair combined. Without the help of Trendkite, we wouldn't have been able to measure the impact that this food blogger had in driving sales for us.

I love how interactive and customizable this tool is. Trendkite has one of the best customer care team that's super quick to respond in any given situation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I can get lost in the amount of data we get from Trendkite. Because there are so many features, it's at times difficult to hone into what exactly we're looking to accomplish using the platform. However, the Customer care team has always been supportive of our needs. We've never had issues to a point where it was frustrating or slightly inefficient.

Trendkite allows us to be more proactive in measuring our coverage which is crucial to the company's growth strategy. Instead of relying heavily on traditional press coverage, the team is discovering that there are various metrics to consider when measuring the value of a publication. Trendkite is an effective tool that allows us to monitor, develop, and maintain our relationships internally.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Great tool for clients that appreciate data"

What do you like best?

Interactive coverage dashboards that can be shared as a link with clients

What do you dislike?

A bit cumbersome on initial setup to remove irrelevant search results

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will come in especially handy if you have a client that really likes to dig into their coverage report data, it is great to be able to send monthly reports that are client-friendly without having to do a huge amount of editing to the data.

Need to show benefit of PR activity and change over time to justify spend on efforts

"Superstar support staff"

What do you like best?

Trendkite has a great interface that is easy to learn and use. Above all is their great support team. They are highly responsive, very helpful and will always do their best to get you the info you need. Good for comparing competitor mentions.

What do you dislike?

When getting into the nitty-gritty I've found that Trendkite has some issues., They seem to be growing rapidly and adding new publications all the time which is troublesome. It causes number like share of voice etc to change unexpectedly which is not ideal when you go to pull up the results form a particular date range and all of the sudden the number have changed. A lot of the ad equivalency numbers are also missing especially from broadcast. Not so great for looking at message pull-through or messaging shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for corporate PR and easier to use than sysomos for example. You can delete individual articles that aren't relevant vs. having to redo the query to get rid of them.

Tracking coverage for clients, it wasn't super helpful because articles were often missing.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Ryan R.
Ryan R.

"Great product, even butter customer service."

What do you like best?

I love the variety of options you have when creating a dashboard. Customization is key for my agency and TrendKite does a great job of working with us to make sure we're getting exactly what we need.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I'm not an expert in writing advanced searches so I don't feel like I can always go in and do the work myself. However, the TrendKite customer support team has always gotten the work done for me in an accurate and timely manner. If you're looking for a tool that can run in the background and be maintained by a solid support team, this is a great tool for you!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how you work best. Do you like to get your hands dirty and dig into a platform? If you have the time to learn or are already familiar with advanced search terms, TrendKite will be a lot of fun for you. On the other hand, if you're looking for a tool that you can set up with the support team and let run in the background, this is also a great reason to go with TrendKite. Their customer support team is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Whether it's through teaching sessions / demos of new products in person or basic support via the platform's chat, TrendKite will do everything in their power to get you the results you need.

Having the ability to quickly pull a variety of reports is extremely important to my agency. Having the ability to quickly create a variety of dashboards has been a big help for a wide variety of client and coverage needs.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Useful for high volume monitoring or strong need for in-house press tracking"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to filter searches in very refined ways which allows me to filter out results that Google Alerts otherwise wouldn't be able to do. I also like the immediate report building of article sentiment which helps me make insights into the kind of press my organization attracts.

What do you dislike?

The features and functions are very robust and useful for high volume needs. For my particular organization, this tool provides data I don't need to regularly report on, so I use it minimally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For smaller organizations, conduct a scan to ensure if this tool is truly necessary given the costs. It can serve as a valuable resource to PR partners, but in-house that usage will vary. Great tool nonetheless.

TrendKite provides a solution to alumni engagement, monitoring and evaluation, and staying abreast with the latest coverage of our grantees. These tools have made me realized that only a specific group of grantees garner press.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Kate S.
Kate S.

"I use TrendKite to create media reports for clients. "

What do you like best?

The competitor share of voice section...

What do you dislike?

The platform can be somewhat unintuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any online platform, it can sometimes get complicated to use. However, TrendKite's support staff is AMAZING. They are available on chat 24/7 and answer questions quickly.

We needed a polished way to present media reports to our clients and this is a great way to do that. Clients always love to see all of the media impressions and ad value in an easy-to-read way.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User

"User friendly platform, questionable data"

What do you like best?

TrendKite is a user friendly platfrom. The greatest benefit is the interactive reporting feature that compiles the data so it may be distributed with minimal edits. Additionally, the platform has a fabulous customer support team with an incredible response time to help set up the account and assist in its management.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, the inability to customize reports whether that be featured images names of publications, or adding slides. Secondly, data is reported in UVD rather than UVM, making it difficult, if not impossible, to verify and leading to overestimations in impressions. A hit from Yahoo! Sports will give you daily visitors to Yahoo! rather than the sports component or the individual page you're interested in. Trendkite also lacks the capacity to track referral traffic regardless of link backs. The platform is also I'll equipped to monitor social engagement.

We previously used TrendKite to monitor all PR coverage. TrendKite does a good job of flagging issues with its sentiment rating. It also provides a comprehensive list of coverage with snapshot summaries and allows one to manually input links without altering the Boolean code.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Kick off with TrendKite has been great"

What do you like best?

The competitor monitoring is really helpful. One of my clients is in a highly competitive market and it's helpful to see how they are competing in the media compared to similar companies.

What do you dislike?

It can get a little overwhelming with all the features. The more you use TrendKite and become acclimated with it, the more than becomes a benefit. But at first, it can be a little daunting to figure out exactly what information is most helpful for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the customer service when you have a question - they have been great in helping us make sure we are getting what we want out of the product.

Media monitoring -- the level of reporting they offer is better than most platforms I have tried and I've been pleased with how helpful their team has been in terms of helping us through set up and determining what reports work best for our needs.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Effective for tracking press coverage an impact."

What do you like best?

The user interface is intuitive and simple. Feature names are also intuitive. The software provides just enough information, without becoming overwhelming.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if there were built in aids to help create the most effective boolean searches possible. I also wish you caoul reorder dashboard widgets in any way you would like, instead of them being clustered together based on a predetermined format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it may not provide every metric you can conceive of, it provides the core metrics needed in an effective package.

Trendkite helps us track press coverage and our share of voice vs. competitors.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Conor C.
Conor C.

"PR analytics you won't get anywhere else"

What do you like best?

It gives our team in-depth insights into the effectiveness + virality of our PR campaigns that we wouldn't be able to measure

What do you dislike?

The reports aren't able to be customized

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

We are solving the notion that concerted PR efforts aren't as effective as people think. We have realized this was wrong and that a well done PR campaign can be very very effective

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Computer Software

"Lots of potential, but still some kinks"

What do you like best?

There's a lot to like about TrendKite. The fact that I can be tracking how my company is doing in the media against competitors, complete with drill-down capability to actually get to the full content, is pretty compelling. Seeing our "share of voice" over time helps me keep my PR program on track, with tangible numbers that show we're X articles behind our competitor, for example, allows me to adjust strategies on the fly as needed.

The ability to track message resonance is definitely a plus. Is what we're saying actually translating into the coverage? Are they picking up the language we're using? This extends the value beyond the PR department to the larger product marketing team.

Their in-product chat is invaluable. As they're still working out some kinks, having instant access to get help is crucial.

I also love one of their least-touted features -- the alerts. They're like google alerts on steroids -- I can set up daily or weekly emails to go to whoever I want to help keep the entire company informed on where we're getting mentioned in the news, plus, where our competitors are being mentioned, and even general industry news. The *best* part, though, is the built in social sharing. It's little things like that that make my job easier -- people don't have to rely on me to tell them what to share, if they see something in their daily alerts they want to share with their network, the tooling is right there for them.

Finally, I'm VERY interested in their new Google Analytics widget. It's been a bit confusing in its first iteration, but I know they just released a new version that I haven't been able to dig into yet. However, the potential value is huge -- forget Ad Value-- if we can talk website traffic that comes as a result of PR, THAT's a measurement I care about.

What do you dislike?

The missing piece that would really round this out is tying a media contact database to the product. I already get great drill down into the coverage we're receiving globally, if it could go just one step further and tie the journalist's contact info to it, I wouldn't need to leave the experience for a different tool.

Beyond that, there's some work that needs to be done with their crawler. Their crawler is almost too good on some fronts, and then insufficient on other fronts. For example they have a hard time picking up any articles that have pagination (like Forbes content, for example) because they can't get past page 1 (to my understanding). I know they're working on it, but it's a bit frustrating that we need to be the alert ones to make sure TrendKite isn't missing anything. On the flip side, we can't quite figure out why sometimes articles get counted 2-4 times for seemingly the same thing. Not a pickup, just literally the same URL. This inflates our numbers, so it can be hard to trust the data.

The good news is their support team is fantastic and they're always willing to go above and beyond to help. They're also very communicative about what they're doing to fix the problem, so I do have confidence that these issues are being worked on and will be remedied over time.

It's definitely missing a few widgets that seem like no-brainers to me, but, I get there's a queue. For example I'd love to see a widget for Circulation comparison against competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may feel a bit pricey, but, if you really dig into it and start to use it as your daily dashboard, you're going to see the value in it pretty quickly. It's certainly not a one-stop-shop (yet, unfortunately) as you'll still need a media contact database, but, it really does up your measurability & ability to react. You don't have to wait until quarter-end to "see how you did" anymore.

Quantifying PR. Historically it's been such a difficult practice to measure, and TrendKite is a major step forward there. I've been able to be more strategic in our tactics because I'm able to see 'real time' dashboards of how we're doing against our goals.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Trendkite useful for comparing against competitor coverage"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily compare the media coverage of our competitors and those in the same industry with easy-to-read charts and graphs. It is also helpful that there is a dollar value assigned to each coverage so that we can get an estimate of the value of our media coverage.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was more organization to the way our media coverage is listed. Also, Trendkite sometimes pulls coverage from years ago as if it were recent.

How to get more media coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Current TrendKite user"

What do you like best?

The customer support is the best I've ever seen with a tool of this kind.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of limitations - just like any other media monitoring tool. Many times coverage that I think is important isn't automatically picked up by TrendKite and I have to enter it manually. It makes me wonder what else I'm missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Google analytics on your company website TrendKite is your only option. They are ahead of the game and constantly working to improve their products. If customer service is important to you, if you like quick helpful answers, TrendKite is for you. I've never worked with any media product that matched their level of service.

The reason we went with TrendKite was to monitor what was happening in the media when we weren't watching. TrendKite has been a big help addressing this issue. We have also made the move to utilizing the TrendKite reporting function, which has been a huge timesaver over the weekly manual coverage reports we used do.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"A few kinds to work out, but good for high-level overviews"

What do you like best?

Trendkite is great for high-level comparison of a client's share of voice compared to competitors, across a large chunk of time. The interface is great, love how easy it is to download an interactive dashboard and share it with a client so I they can see their SOV compared to others, click through to the most relevant links, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not very reliable for extreme accuracy or catching all a client's coverage. Often duplicate pick-ups of a single piece, and difficult to edit boolean terms so that irrelevant articles are not included. This can throw off the accuracy of a share of voice report, and in order to fix it it needs a heavy manual touch. I'd like to feel more confident in spinning up a report and sharing it with a client without having to spend a solid amount of time removing irrelevant content, duplicates, etc.

Helps us show growth in a client's share of voice over time compared to their competitors. We're able to point to growth as a direct result of successful PR campaigns.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Mindy W.
Mindy W.

"TrendKite rocks! "

What do you like best?

The customer service. Our account rep is outstanding! She's always gets back to us right away, is very thorough and always willing to go the extra mile which is something I've never experienced before dealing with media monitoring vendors for the past 20 years.

What do you dislike?

I love that our account rep can pull reports for us but it would also be good for us to have the ability to pull/combine months on our own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and it makes monitoring/reporting much easier.

TrendKite helps us proof our worth to our board of directors and our members by visually showing all the media hits we get. The social media amplification feature on TrendKite that lets you see which media hits were shared most on social media is something we have never been able to do before and it allows us to extend the shelf life and value of our media hits.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator

"Looked into Trendkite to help our organization track our PR."

What do you like best?

I love the interface of Trendkite. Super user friendly and the dashboard is highly customizable and useful. The analytics are amazing, fully interactive, allowing our organization to see who recieved the report and who visited the individual articles.

What do you dislike?

I would have to agree with this customer review: "When exporting, it would be nice to be able to export individual widgets instead of the whole dashboard. Within the widget export, having all data exported (including the number of mentions, totals, percentages etc.) not just the data displayed in the widget" but other than that, a great service.

Our organization is using TK as a secondary research tool which as helped us understand our industry a bit better!

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Great, but not perfect - then again, who is?"

What do you like best?

The Boolean search functionality allows you to get exceptionally detailed in your searches and gives allows me to build a more direct comparison of share of voice across competitors.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more customization - specifically I would love to be abel to pull widgets from multiple dashboards into one report and change the view on time line graphs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an excellent addition to media monitoring and share of voice reporting, but may take some finagling to get it the way you need it. No one system is perfect, so we still cross reference, but we do find ourselves leaning more and more on TrendKite as their software continues to improve. If nothing else, you can't beat their support team.

We use TrendKite to prove value to our clients, who are then able to turn around to their bosses, boards, etc and prove value to the company.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Britny K.
Britny K.

"Good tool to pull mainstream coverage and search topics"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to search for authors and stories on key topics. TrendKite does a good job pulling coverage and it's easy to modify and add stories.

What do you dislike?

It's so difficult to onboard a client and get the search criteria in place to get the new client up and running and functioning. You really can't do it on your own and need the help of the customer service team.

A great way to provide ROI and show the ad value equivalency of articles secured.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

"Easy to use, thorough, informative"

What do you like best?

The customer service is extremely responsive and able to answer every query I have. They are also quick to take feedback into consideration.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have a contact database in the same place as the monitoring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial period was indispensable in ensuring TrendKite met our needs, and in showing my team how helpful the monitoring and reporting would be. Also, take advantage of their customer service team.

With the proliferation of digital coverage (bloggers, social media, etc), it's hard to track and monitor all coverage in one location. TrendKite is thorough and captures coverage at all different tiers.

"TrendKite"

What do you like best?

TrendKite has excellent, in-depth reporting. I love how you can create customizable reports that can easily be shared with other team members. It's also extremely helpful to be able to drill down to more information directly from the report.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet found anything I dislike.

For the marketing team, we are able to track any media coverage as well as coverage for our competitors. TrendKite is helping us improve our PR efforts and is also providing excellent reporting that helps our team make more informed decisions.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Jake D.
Jake D.

"Sleek design, effective monitoring"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using Trendkite is being able to share both an aesthetically pleasing and robust report with clients.

What do you dislike?

Tacking the share of voice metric can be a bit of a task that needs continued attention and possible edits. Be sure it's collecting the proper content, otherwise it's usefulness is null.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service has always been attentive and quick to resolve any issues.

Providing insight as to where my client stands against competition in the media verticals that we are seeking coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great, comprehensive service!"

What do you like best?

We really love using TrendKite at Turner. It's a comprehensive way of monitoring the success of our projects, and a great service that our junior staff use. TrendKite measures success via several metrics, including calculated ad value (great for our more traditional colleagues) and social media reach.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I don't like anything about it. If anything, it's another tool to learn to use, but that can be said of any similar products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no reason not to try TrendKite. There are a few different ways to measure how well your campaign is doing, and this one is incredibly user-friendly and allows you to create attractive presentations that show off how amazing a publicist you are!

This is an incredibly comprehensive way of monitoring our biggest press campaigns all in one place.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Abbey R.
Abbey R.

"TrendKite is very customizable and easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the customization TrendKite offers, as well as their 24/7 chat support.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult to start using (set up, learning, etc.) but the team was quick to help.

Media tracking, PR reporting, crisis communication monitoring

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"TrendKite's superb customer service keeps me coming back"

What do you like best?

TrendKite's customer service representatives are incredibly helpful and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure client coverage reports are in a good place before they're due.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you can't customize graphs that TrendKite pulls. Specifically, how you can't change the colors. When doing a competitive analysis or SOV report, I would like to customize the graphs with my client's brand color as well as their competitor's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always ask customer service reps for help setting up dashboards. They are incredibly resourceful and always willing to lend a hand.

My favorite TrendKite feature is the Share of Voice report. Theses SOV reports provide a lot of insight into clients' stake in the market as well as how they stack up in the industry.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Caroline P.
Caroline P.

"Tourism bureau using trendkite "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of finding placements if they don’t automatically show up in monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Some important pieces still seem to get left out of reporting.

Competitive analysis; media monitoring; qualifying and quantifying media placements

"Needs more development"

What do you like best?

I use the Share of Voice tracking dashboard on a regular basis, which is helpful in tracking media relations efforts.

What do you dislike?

The platform does seems a bit underdeveloped. For example, the Share of Voice dashboard continues to pull in irrelevant competitor information (even after several requests to remove that type of information).

I use TrendKite to track and measure competitors' media coverage, which helps us track our overall media relations efforts.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Julia v.
Julia v.

"TrendKite delivers beautiful looking reports, but accuracy is a problem."

What do you like best?

The interactive reports and beautiful, somewhat customizable, and easy to use once they are set up. Also, the customer service is impeccable. They are always very quick to respond to live chats, and will walk you through any issue.

What do you dislike?

Some of the widgets are very limited. Instead of being able to make a report that shows coverage clusters by topic, you are only able to show five individual pieces of coverage in your "top articles" section, which is not representative of what clients often wish to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not rely on it 100% to capture all coverage, but if you work with them, they can set custom parameters that will help meet your requirements.

We use this program to provide beautiful, customized coverage reports with data for clients. It can be somewhat unreliable though, because some coverage gets left out, and some gets included that should not be. The platform is always being improved, but we still have to manually do coverage searches on top of this product, making it somewhat irrelevant. In a pinch though it is a great tool to checking out competitor coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Awesome Ad Equivalency Program to Gauge Earned Media"

What do you like best?

The "ad equivalency" feature is what we use more - helps use get a sense of how much we are earning with earned media.

What do you dislike?

Its not always easy to customize your dashboard without the help of the someone on the Trendkite team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demo. We found it to be very helpful to see screen shares and software features without committing to anything.

Ad equivalency for earned media.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"TrendKite"

What do you like best?

It gives us a lot of information, before we were using three different services to get all the analytics that Trendkite has in one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the way that the information is provided can look at little confusing. It would be nice if the design were a bit more organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a useful tool but make sure it works for your company because it isn't a one size fits all type of product.

We are using it for all of our media and social media analytics. It's very useful to track all of this and has allowed us to do so in one place.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User

"TrendKite has tremendous customer service and helps produce beautiful reports."

What do you like best?

Visually, the dashboard is appealing and the widgets are fairly easy to use. But even when you can't figure something out, the chat service is super helpful. The final reports are clean and professional.

What do you dislike?

Quite often, the widgets pick up a great deal of irrelevant content that I need to comb over and make sure is not included in the final report.

We use TrendKite for media monitoring with the purpose of analyzing the reach and impact of our PR efforts. We report monthly, and sometimes even weekly, using TrendKite.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Amy R.
Amy R.

"Small team; big customer service experience"

What do you like best?

TrendKite's core team is small, but they make a point to make themselves readily available.

What do you dislike?

There isn't currently anything about TrendKite that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer support is top of the line.

TrendKite helps with creating customized, interactive, effective reporting.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Sandy P.
Sandy P.

"Excellent for tracking, beautiful UI"

What do you like best?

The UI (user interface) of TrendKite is top notch, especially compared to other products for PR tracking on the market. Makes sharing metrics easy.

What do you dislike?

I found this one a little more expensive than others.

Tracking and analytics, ability to show value in PR efforts.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Next Level PR Measurement Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Comprehensively captures and measures entire media landscape, including traditional and social. Visually appealing and reduces the time spent on manual searches.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality (i.e., comparing multiple searches, gaining access to more niche publications, etc.) still limited but I hear they're working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of their customer support team! Their response time is incredible, and they use the feedback to build out functionality.

Real-time monitoring of clients and competitors is vital, but real usefulness is in being able to take media coverage and generate visually appealing and relevant data.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great Substitute for Meltwater"

What do you like best?

My team and I enjoyed the ability to quickly create aesthetically pleasing reports.

What do you dislike?

We disliked that it did not pick-up quite a lot of gated content. While we are aware we have to pay to access the gated content, we would have liked to have seen it picked up by Trendkite so that we may do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you are expanding your media library. More needs to be tracked.

We were in public relations and we wanted to be able to track media coverage quickly.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Cecelia F.
Cecelia F.

"Great media tracking for share of voice"

What do you like best?

I like that the user platform is simply designed and helps us track our share of voice year-over-year against our competition.

What do you dislike?

It's not a comprehensive as other PR software - so we have to supplement with another subscription to additional software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great option to track your efforts. On the lower end of PR software capabilities, but pretty affordable.

This provides great reporting features for our presentations. The benefit of being able to refer to these reports helps the C-suite understand the value of our PR efforts.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Mallory S.
Mallory S.

"Excellent interactive reporting output "

What do you like best?

Trendkite is easy to plug & play to create customized PR dashboards that indicate share of voice, key messages and competitor coverage over quarterly periods. The output is a PDF or link that can be easily shared with clients to view general or specific coverage reports.

What do you dislike?

At this point the service only allows for one company's key messages to be tracked as opposed to side-by-side views. Also, the charts don't easily break out into different time variables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is second to none and the chat feature is really helpful.

Changes over time in the share of voice indicate ROI for PR, which is otherwise difficult to prove. Marketing professionals and CEOs alike appreciate an interactive and easy to read breakdown of their media coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

I like TrendKite's email response time. I can ask a question and expect a timely response within a few hours. I feel like I'm their priority!

What do you dislike?

I feel like sometimes I don't get access to the press I am looking for. For example, I will request for one of our products and find that there is 0 press but I know there is something that exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like a good service to use but lacks some searching capability.

I am finding press for both brand and product specific to submit to QVC. This is helpful to have a dashboard and have everything in one screen as opposed to finding the press myself on Google and making my own spreadsheet.

"Trendkite"

What do you like best?

Easy to read dahsboards. I love that i can see my client vs their competitors.

What do you dislike?

There is no data for twitter. I know this is a twitter problem, not a trendkite problem, but it causes some important information to be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's essential to attend training sessions so you know how to understand and use the software.

My client likes to see their share of voice. They also like to see how media hits are generating activity.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Computer Software

"Fast and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly you're able to update dashboards and see the data over time in the same context. Although I'm not a PR manager, I do appreciate the competitive insights Trendkite allows our team to track.

What do you dislike?

We wanted to try out more of its features but it came too costly for us to justify. Wish there was a trial period for the new features they've added as they sound really neat.

Competitive insights and attribution tracking.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Pretty good at capturing data"

What do you like best?

I like that you get the option to download the report or get a live link to the report you can save and click back to easily.

What do you dislike?

It took a little while to learn the software and feel comfortable with.

Media monitoring

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices
Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices

"Good technology and platform"

What do you like best?

Clear Boolean approach with endless potential combinations to ensure accurate search results based on our specific business needs.

What do you dislike?

Not certain about TrendKite's RSS capabilities but then again I don't have full training on the software.

We have no idea how we are portrayed in media outlets around the world, and TrendKite gives us instant access to that coverage.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"TrendKite has a lot of potential to be an indispensable tool, but it has a confusing interface"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is great for creating presentation-ready charts and graphs highlighting your searches.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you need to create searches, save them and input them into your dashboard is quite confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support is amazing.

More easily tracking client and competitor coverage in the news, spikes in mentions, etc.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Financial Services

"Good tool with great 1:1 customer support"

What do you like best?

I am no boolean master, but their support team is great about helping you craft your searches to meet your reporting needs, and I appreciate the well-designed reports you can export directly into PDF form.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few issues with TrendKite missing coverage in its searches or the searches picking up coverage that's irrelevant. Adding print clips to the feature set would be a great addition as well.

TrendKite allows us to monitor for comprehensive press coverage and create reports with metrics that our executive suite wants to see.

"Client complimentary"

What do you like best?

Tracking coverage and social reports for clients on a whim

What do you dislike?

Page loading when changing settings can be slow or weird when loading

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Tracking all coverage across different regions and putting together reports on a whim

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Internet

"Trendkite is great for tracking performance marketing "

What do you like best?

It tracks media attribution after an article publishes and also the SEO of domains

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way that it could track # of reads per article, not just the overall UMV reach

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have data you need to create and reevaluate your internal benchmarks.

Companies have their own internal benchmark system.

"Strong product"

What do you like best?

Trendkite's ability to streamline our work processes and analyze media coverage

What do you dislike?

That certain outlets are not included in its databse

Saving time for junior team members, freeing them up to work on more value additive projects

"I like TrendKite"

What do you like best?

Great user interface, great presentation, comprehensive, customer service is outstanding

What do you dislike?

Sometimes includes press releases, hard to filter out content you don't want

PR ROI, eliminating hours worth of coverage tracking and admin work

"TrendKite REview "

What do you like best?

I like TrendKite's reporting features the best. They are also very easy to incorporate into reports and give clients a dynamic view of the data.

What do you dislike?

It's not a catch all. When used for monitoring, it misses items from time to time but you're able to add them in after the fact.

We're adding better levels of measurement to supplement our reports.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A lot like google alerts... I actually prefer google alerts"

What do you like best?

The daily email roundup that won't let you miss a client mention.

What do you dislike?

It was very similiar to google alerts, which is a free service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read it every day, there may be news that you will miss otherwise!

Media monitoring.

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great UX"

What do you like best?

The intuitive and creative dashboards on the platform

What do you dislike?

Account management support response times, not being able to build my own boards

No PR firm so we are able to monitor corporate communications internally now

TrendKite Digital PR Platform review by User

"Online monitoring for tourism bureau Pr"

What do you like best?

I like the user friendliness of switching between multiple searches, and the customer service support.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this service.

Media monitoring of DMO and competitor cities.

"Good high-level reporting"

What do you like best?

I like TrendKite's visual representations of PR activity and share-of-voice reporting.

What do you dislike?

TrendKit doesn't really get into the nitty-gritty of impressions by publication, social, etc. It's very high level

I've used TrendKite dashboards for high-level PR reporting. The benefits include a better understanding of competitors' activities, and presentation-ready visuals.

Learning about TrendKite Digital PR Platform?

* We monitor all TrendKite Digital PR Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.