TrendKite

TrendKite's software helps brands and agencies build a timely, highly accurate and actionable picture of their brands' media coverage with ease.

Work for TrendKite?

Showing 59 TrendKite reviews
TrendKite review by <span>Sharon K.</span>
Sharon K.

TrendKite

What do you like best?

Find most digital postings to check on publish date, media outlet, author, SEO impact (ranking of site for SEO), sentiment, unique visitors (thus an estimate of potential reach), and number of shares for the post.

What do you dislike?

Cumbersome and not the most user friendly to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can get basics done but feels very manual at times, e.g., when have list of articles and want to scroll from left to right (to see article impact such as SEO impact, number of shares, etc., for that particular article), the horizontal scroll bar is at the bottom of the list of articles. In other words, if you have a list of 50 articles, the horizontal scroll bar is at the bottom of the 50 articles versus anchored within view. Thus, very tedious to try and scroll left to right. Seems like that should be a basic functionality.

Understand impact of article, i.e., potential reach and shares.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TrendKite
TrendKite review by <span>Reed E.</span>
Reed E.

Poor product / service

What do you like best?

Initially they were helpful, but once it was obvious that the service did not perform the tasks it had promised to perform, I was not responded to for weeks at a time.

What do you dislike?

The service did not perform the tasks it was promised to perform. I was assured it could track social media information, and once I signed on, it became apparent that it did not, and they were not capable of fixing the issue. Their solutions required me to be the one who'd crawl the internet and send them all the information that was needed, which seemed to be the sole reason to use this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TrendKite did not provide the service nor did it provide the alternatives that were possible.

I was using TrendKite to crawl the net and aggregate engagement across all platforms, Social Media being prioritized. I have realized no benefits as TrendKite is not capable of solving this problem, as they promised they would be.

What PR Analytics solution do you use?

TrendKite review by <span>Adrian R.</span>
Adrian R.

Solid Product, New Features Added Frequently, Pricey

What do you like best?

The ease of use and lightning quick analyses are the rockstars of the product. With about 15 minutes of training, anyone can create multiple, in-depth reports that look great, are informative and can be quickly and easily tailor made to whatever you want to measure.

And slicing the numbers is just as easy - if you want to search within results for topics, authors, keywords, companies, pretty much whatever - you can and the results come incredibly quick.

Previously I think they had limits on how far you could go back in history but now you can go back to 2013.

What do you dislike?

The media management is fairly lightweight. Sure the reports can pop up pretty profiles on reporters, analysts or bloggers with detailed contact information, but you'll have a hard time matching the features like the competitors at Cision. The heavy lifting of outreach lists aren't there: things like searching by beat, managing and overlapping and eliminating duplicates just don't match what else is out there, but with TrendKite's rapid addition of features, it may come in the next half year or so.

For the results and analyses, I'm not sure what the international breakdown is, last I heard it was pretty North American-focused.

Also it's impossible to apply your own automated weighting schemes to the results. Sure you can go in and manually change things, but there's no scripting you can write to adjust the results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get a demo of the software and be upfront with your use cases. They have a very knowledgable sales and support staff and they will often present you with information that may not only benefit your role, but roles adjacent to yours.

We were things to keep tabs on our clients and our client's competitors.

TrendKite review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

Great analytics, beautiful reports

What do you like best?

I love how TrendKite allows us to gather a wide variety of analytics that we're able to show our clients and ultimately show our agency's ROI. The reports TrendKite creates are beautiful and presentation-ready.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is a little tricky to learn in the beginning. It took me a couple of weeks before I really felt comfortable using the software and pulling reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're struggling to measure your PR campaigns and/or monitor your clients' mentions in the media, I highly recommend this software. It truly makes media monitoring and measuring so much easier. I also really love that we can plugin our clients' competitors and track the types of media coverage they're getting.

We use TrendKite to track the media coverage we secure for clients and also keep an eye on their competitors. Through TrendKite, we track total media mentions, web traffic, share of voice, key message pull through and social media amplification.

TrendKite review by <span>John Y.</span>
John Y.

Great platform for Measuring PR effectiveness

What do you like best?

High-quality support team, modern feature set

What do you dislike?

International source base somewhat lags competition, no mobile app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be specific with Sales about your intended usage and needs. No platform is perfect, but TrendKite gets more right than it gets wrong.

TrendKite is a modern PR measurement solution that is rapidly evolving its feature set. While its source base may not be as extensive as legacy providers like Meltwater and Cision, in my experience the built-in features are more powerful and easier to use. I also like that Trendkite is building features to help communicators quantify and demonstrate the value of earned media using tangible business metrics vs. relying on antiquated measured like ad equivalency and 'potential' reach.

TrendKite review by <span>Jasmine C.</span>
Jasmine C.

Finally, PR and Metrics!

What do you like best?

I love that Trendkite gives me the ability to show ROI on PR initiatives. I also love that I can drill down on where my competitors are gaining traction. I can monitor share of voice in comparison to competitors, I can recognize trends in coverage patterns and relate it to a specific push. I also love that when I have a question, it gets answered almost immediately right in the app. It also lets me make really nice, sleek reports that I send monthly to the management team.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike so far is that sometimes the program picks up false positives in coverage which can make it a bit tricky to get the metrics perfect. However they're constantly improving.

I've never been able to quantify the impact of PR prior to Trendkite, This has been a total game changer for me.

Learning about TrendKite?

* We monitor all TrendKite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.