Trillian

Trillian is the best chat client for your desktop and phone.

Work for Trillian?

Learning about Trillian?

Compare Trillian to Similar Solutions

Trillian Reviews

Ask Trillian a Question
Showing 43 Trillian reviews
Trillian review by Kearston D.
Kearston D.

"A wonderful work application for communicating with co-workers"

What do you like best?

I love Trillian because it allows us in office to communicate with our many offices and remote sales people. It allows us to search our chats for printed orders and allows us to keep track of who is printing what to our main printer. It allows us to transfer files between each other easily.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it doesn't allow you to search for other users within your organization. I know that there are others who use the messaging app but it would be nice to be able to see them. The mobile app is slightly frustrating because it sends me alerts even when I don't want it to. So when my phone is on vibrate it is a constant vibration. It seems to take a while to turn it off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful instant messaging app. It allows for file transfers, importing of photos and documents. It is a effective and pretty seamless application. I can not comment on the price because it was purchased through our organization but it is definitely more efficient than other messaging apps I have used before (AIM, Google Chat).

We are able to track printed orders for shipping, customer pickup and invoicing. It is so much easier to have a conversation with another sales rep over Trillian when you are on the phone, or even trying to complete an order. We are also able to help each other with challenging sales orders which is extremely helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trillian
Trillian review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"The only IM tool I need"

What do you like best?

I like having a single interface to exchange messages, images, files, etc., with all my colleagues, customers and friends - regardless of what IM tool(s) they use. Green means they are available now, yellow means they are away and gray means they are offline.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that anyone that is on Facebook now believes I am always available. If that bothered me more I would just remove my Facebook account. I wish there was a way to set status (like offline, Do Not Disturb, etc., for specific accounts instead of a global rule.

I have clients and friends who use instant message from Gmail, AIM, Facebook, etc. impossible to stay connected with all of them - until Trillian. Been using Trillian for over a decade and it provides a seamless interface that supports all my messaging accounts.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Trillian review by Rachel J.
Rachel J.

"Easy to use for multiple chat platforms."

What do you like best?

Chat with friends or colleagues on multiple platforms all in one place. Tabbed chat windows with access to Facebook Messenger, G-Chat, and AIM (which has been discontinued). Even allows for multiple Facebook Messenger accounts to be linked. You can even add Twitter, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, and more, if you use those.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes disconnect from service or be clunky. Sometimes, images sent through Facebook Messenger do not come through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does not integrate with Skype, so if you use that you need to have it open as well. But for a free tool, it's easy to use and integrates with a lot of chat platforms available now.

Easily communicate with people using different platforms, without the need to download all of the various platforms or keep track of so many windows/applications.

Trillian review by Rebekah W.
Rebekah W.

"Great Concept"

What do you like best?

The ability to have my work contacts and my social contacts, Facebook in one convenient list that I can show or hide. Trillian perfectly filled the gap when Aim discontinued their service.

What do you dislike?

Trillian randomly has to be force quit while using Mac OS High Sierra. I would like to be able to access my previous chat history without having to open a new chat with contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is great for creating personalized groups, I would like to see compatibility with the Apple Watch, though, similar to Slack.

Trillian has made it easy for me to quickly see which of my business contacts are available. We frequently have to collaborate on projects that include file transfers, and so far Trillian has done very well there. It's convenient that Trillian has both a desktop application and an ios app, as I often keep tabs on work communications from my phone.

Trillian review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"The thing with Trillian!"

What do you like best?

It's pretty fast and easy to use. I like the fact that it never gets frozen or slows down my PC at work. I like the fact that I can add different people on my team as well as the fact that I can sync it with 3rd party apps like Skype and GTalk which sometimes freeze and then you have to shut them down and restart them. I like that I can take a quick screen shot.

What do you dislike?

Transferring files is a bit issue because the only thing you can really do is send screen shots. I would like to be able to send excel files and word documents. The user interface is a bit complicated to use as well. too much clutter and the options to change the settings on volume, icon notification, emojis need to be presented in a different way when clicking the pop up for that part. The web chat option needs to get changed as well there is a lot of the design that can be redone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for your small business. It's a great and secure IM services to use.

I work as a remote EA so communication is my biggest issue when it comes to interacting with our members. Sending an IM is fine and we are able to get our point across in a very fast way but maybe adding something like a video recording and a little face to face time would help. Another good tip to add would be down revamp the user UX would be great as well. Make it more simple to use. Maybe add different types of icons.

Trillian review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"Avid and experienced Trillian user. "

What do you like best?

There are many reasons why I like using Trillian, but the fact that I can use the app on any device that connects to the internet is invaluable. Many times I will be working remote or away from my laptop, and I can use Trillian on my phone or my tablet. Additionally, conversations can be merged and carried over from one device to another.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have an issue with accessing Trillian while connected to the VPN through work. I don't know if this is a setting that can be changed or if this is due to our network versus an issue with Trillian. There are workarounds to this though, because if the Trillian is not working on my laptop that is connected to VPN, I can use the Trillian on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile use defaults your Trillian user name to specify "Mobile" at the end of your user name, which is visible to your connections. If you want Mobile to be unspecified, you can modify this in the Settings. I would suggest new users to look through the Settings anyways, because there are many modifications that can be made to the default user set up.

All or any of the conversations can be archived and saved to a local location. It provides a great backup resource especially since we use Trillian at my job. If there are useful resources that were shared between Trillian conversations, these can be accessed from the History within the app or by looking up the archives.

Trillian review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Great private messaging platform"

What do you like best?

We started using Trillian's private messaging platform earlier this year at our company and it has worked great. The best feature is the ability to use the desktop client and mobile phone client at the same time and move from one platform to the other without losing the conversations you are having.

What do you dislike?

Audio settings are spread out across a few different settings screens, and I still haven't figured out how to turn off only the "LOL" laughing sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial for 30 days. Give it a try, it won't cost you anything.

Security is the biggest one, being able to use an encrypted messaging platform. The public messaging platforms are also less reliable that Trillian has shown to be.

Trillian review by Anatoly R.
Anatoly R.

"Trillian old/new ways to stay in touch with team and friend."

What do you like best?

Fast and lightweight crossbrowsing messenger. That allow you to connect with team or friends from any device or location without loosing your chat history.

What do you dislike?

My trillian clients for Mac os and for Windows not updated long time ago. As I know Trillian switched to subscription membership, and not pay attention for users who paid for license time ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Here are two dozen different options for finding ways how to stay in touch with team and friends, but Trillian is worth to try (license is less than cup of espresso).

I/m online 24/7. I can connect form any device that I have near me right now. I have access to all needed team chat history.

Trillian review by Rishi C.
Rishi C.

"What's Not To Love...?"

What do you like best?

Trillian is available in a web-based version & a desktop application (in the event something more feature-rich is necessary); compared to other similar applications it is not only long-lived but superior. A lifetime license is available and interoperability appears to be an ongoing priority.

What do you dislike?

There are circumstances under which connectivity via Trillian can be found insufficient (e.g. new features not included with a given chat network provider's API, lack of API connectivity offered by a given provider, etc.); under such circumstances there does not appear to be anything which Trillian can do to help...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out IM+ and see which meets your needs.

Continued connectivity despite extraordinary stress on networks, applications, and even sustainable economics is something which Trillian has proved to help mitigate.

Trillian review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great instant messaging system"

What do you like best?

Trillian is very user friendly and intuitive. It works like many other instant messaging apps, and I like that it has a function for group messaging. I like that I have the ability to set away messages, and change my status to a variety of different things.

What do you dislike?

Status updates do not always save, which is unfortunate. Also I dislike that it lets other users know when you are using the app from your cellphone vs. the computer. I wish there were an option so that you could decide whether or not you made that information available. Also the app works inconsistently on my cell phone. Not sure if this is just operator error, but I don't always receive notification when someone messages me through trillian on my phone right away. In addition, the way the app is structured it is unclear if I am signed on or not. Also it is difficult to search for people you may know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and learn, no learning curve at all. Also very nice as it can be used on a computer or mobile device. However, mobile functionality is not quite as good as computer.

This helps my team stay in constant communication, and it makes quick check ins easier. It also allows me to know, without checking our team calendar if someone is available or not by looking at their status. As an office that works remotely 100%, apps like Trillian are crucial to make everyone feel connected.

Trillian review by User

"Quick, Easy, and Reliable Instant Messaging tool!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can tell the status of the user with whom I'm chatting, as well as when they are responding. In addition, the history is very useful to look back at chats for information I need to review. Probably one of the biggest "likes" is that fact that Trillian lets you use different usernames from different services so that I don't need to use different IM tools to communicate with others.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really...I honestly have not found anything about Trillian to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is a great productivity tool for a remote work force. It's easy to install and set up and keeps communication flowing freely!

Quick and easy communication between team members/co-workers who work remotely. You don't always need (or want) to pick up the phone for just a quick info exchange...Trillian has allowed me to be more productive!

Trillian review by Madeline M.
Madeline M.

"Trillian in the workplace."

What do you like best?

I liked how you can change in the settings the notifications on and off as to when you get a new message if the message window screen pops up or stays minimized and just flashes with a highlighted color.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that when searching through the chat history, you can not simply search by word but must search by the date of the conversation and then you are able to search by the word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is just like MSN messenger from back in the day.

it eased the communications difficulties between the office so that others were not just yelling out to you expecting to be answered right on the spot.

Trillian review by Gunner S.
Gunner S.

"great for teams working remotely"

What do you like best?

easy to use, great quick chat feature - interface is simple, users can customize their profile. We have staff all over a region and helps to keep in communication, gives us the virtual ability to "walk down the hall" and ask a quick question of our colleague.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the chat box is too small and would like to have list off who is on be at the top

gives us the virtual ability to "walk down the hall" and ask a quick question of our colleague - makes those working from home feel more apart of our main office

Trillian review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Trillian is a great chat client that always works"

What do you like best?

I have never had an issue with Trillian. It just works. Easy to setup, and easy to use. It has really helped our business while we transition our chat platform.

What do you dislike?

Trillian does fall short with features that companies like Slack provides. The main thing they have going for them is the ability to use older chat services with their client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use and setup. It just works. I have never had an issue with it.

When I started this job, I inherited a pretty bad chat solution that our company was using. While we are looking for a permanent replacement for it, Trillian is able to keep us up and running. The client for the service we were using just doesn't cut it anymore, and Trillian allows us to keep what we have with minimal change needed for the end user.

Trillian review by Tyanne H.
Tyanne H.

"Trillian usage"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see if someone is available and send them a message and will receive a quick response.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the product.

None at this time. The basic benefit is to be able to speak with someone when you need a quick response and not have to use email.

Trillian review by Natasha P.
Natasha P.

"I like it "

What do you like best?

I like that you can manage from your desktop multiple social accounts and more. It makes it so much easier to keep track of your social networks. I use Twitter and Facebook a lot. And Trillian makes it easy to manage them daily through the program. I love you can see who is online on Facebook, and Tweets from Twitter. I also love the fact when a new message or tweet happens on either, it gives you a pop up on the screen, so you don't miss anything.

What do you dislike?

So far being a newer user of it, I like everything about it. No dislikes so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

The benefits are I don't have to have a window open for either Facebook or Twitter to see the latest news, messages, or tweets.

Trillian review by Administrator in Executive Office
Administrator in Executive Office

"Heavy Trillian User"

What do you like best?

Trillian is a basic chat host. I like that it allows me to communicate quickly with my peers via individual and group chat. I also like that the admin side of Trillian is very simple.

What do you dislike?

The group chat functionality leaves something to be desired. Each time you make a group chat with a new set of users, Trillian saves the chat group to your home panel which IMO clogs it up; you can end up with hundreds of groups interspersed throughout your normal view of single users. I'd rather there be a "save" function where you can choose to save the group to chat to later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is a great tool, but I don't see any features that make it stand out from other chat tools. For example, if a company is already on Google for Work, I see no need to switch over from Google Hangouts to Trillian. In other words, it's a fine solution for a company in search of a chat tool but not anything worth cutting up the contract with your current IM host. The exception to this may be price, I'm not the admin who establish the relationship so it could be cheaper than other IM tools, perhaps.

We are solving the ages old problem of slow inter-office communication. We are a service-center company with offices in the USA, Guatemala, and the Philippines, so being able to communicate and collaborate quickly across centers on client issues is key.

Trillian review by John H.
John H.

"Extremely useful messanger system"

What do you like best?

Trillian is an extremely easy messenger tool to use which is very similar to MSN messenger. It's easy to set up users and place them into groups, which makes communication very streamlined.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if you could transfer large files or have access to webcams, but for a free service you can't really complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product if your organisation needs a simple messenger service without wanting to use FB messenger. Also can't complain due to it being free.

This is allowing us to easily communicate both inside our building and also with team members all over the globe. Really simple and easy to use interface makes it a great solution for everyone.

Trillian review by Diane K.
Diane K.

"Not bad for IM"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Can stay in touch with this via IM for remote use.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say that I dislike anything. This is an easy to use IM program!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended!

We can communicate quickly my boss and I and hot have to check e mails all of the time.

Trillian review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"I use Trillian at work to communicate with my co-workers."

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use and even allows me to send small files quickly.

What do you dislike?

It can be slightly difficult to find older conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be similar in features to other products, but I have had zero problems with it which I cannot say for similar products I have used.

It makes it quick and easy to ask a quick question, send a link, or even share a screenshot. Much quicker than an email or a phone call.

Trillian review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Great way to communicate with colleagues regardless of their messenger service of choice"

What do you like best?

I love that I have one tool where I can easily reach my colleagues for quick questions, regardless of if they prefer AIM, Yahoo, Google or other messaging tool.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike for a free tool. There are times I don't see alerts from the systems immediately, but that is likely more to do with my set-up than the tool itself.

As a remote employee, I don't have the opportunity to "pop-over" and ask team members a quick question. This tool is great for getting a quick answer. It is especially helpful to multi-task while on other conference calls or in meetings. I can often get the answer I'm looking for with minimal effort required.

Trillian review by Naveed M.
Naveed M.

"Best Alternative Application for AIM services"

What do you like best?

At my work place, we use Trillian to get into our AIM chatroom. The AIM chatroom allows all of us technicians to communicate with each other and although there are many other choices out there for this type of service, we found this to just be the easiest for some reason and we've been using this method for many years. The original AIM application to me is trash and it's necessary to use a 3rd party application to connect to the service. Trillian offers themes, plugin ins, and extensive customization options which AIM failed to implement. It's also convenient that you can access your facebook messages through Trillian as well.

What do you dislike?

The theme selections are mediocre. A lot of times when others are using Trillian, their text effects will override your theme so things won't look right. The application does tend to freeze when attempting to close down completely. There's been times where Trillian failed to send an image to another person and I made sure the error is not occurring on AIM's behalf. It was a software issue and I sent bug reports to Trillian but never gotten a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your chosen instant messaging service is supported by Trillian if you plan on not using Trillian's IM services or any of the included ones. There are plenty of other choices out there but when everybody is on the same page in terms of software use for communication, that can always end better than having different platforms on the same instant messaging network.

Communication with the entire staff at my work place and Trillian does a great job of allowing us to communicate without annoying issues we get with AIM that make the instant messaging service practically unbearable.

Trillian review by Ian N.
Ian N.

"Only way to manage the flood of chat"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect multiple chat services in one location and can handle said multiple conversations at once without a great impact to system performance.

What do you dislike?

It can be blocked by basic security features unless heavily modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with the advanced options and install and configure how you see fit, ensuring that your it team as well as security are both on board for using the product.

We only need to use trillian versus having several chat programs open at once. Coming from a split organization and moving to the merged org we now have this is a nice save and easy use product.

Trillian review by Darian R.
Darian R.

"Flexible messenging"

What do you like best?

This is a very mature and flexible messaging platform. It has many configuration options and customizable aspects that means it can appeal to a wide range of people pretty easily.

I also like the unified look of having all my messenging match. Plus not having to run several different apps at once.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit finicky and sometimes a memory hog. Sometimes there is just too much in the UI that you get lost. However most of that can be corrected to your liking by customizing the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adium

Instant communication

Trillian review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Get's the job done."

What do you like best?

Simple installation, reliable service. Omits unnecessary (for our application) bells and whistles offered by some IM programs.Great price for this service.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes to date. Originally the group chat feature did not display the status of those included; however, that has been changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great basic IM service with no IT headaches.

IM has simplified and increased communication within the team aiding in better time management and fewer unanswered emails.

Trillian review by User in Computer Software

"One of the best IM tools I've used"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to have multiple messaging apps in one place. It's so convenient to be able to manage messages from social media and other IM programs in one screen.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could add Slack to Trillian. We recently switched to using Slack for our company based communication and there doesn't appear to be a way to add it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is an easy, cost effective way to manage all messaging apps in one application.

Being able to communicate from remote offices is critical in my company. We have employees spread across the country, and having a single IM client is beneficial to everyone.

Trillian review by Lauren R.
Lauren R.

"Trillian"

What do you like best?

Connects multiple IM clients so that I can use one software to communicate to multiple others.

What do you dislike?

Pro membership required for Chat History

Recommendations to others considering the product

Web app doesn't connect to gchat, does connect to AIM and Facebook messenger.

Use to communicate with co-workers, I have a trillian user name for them and connect to other IM clients to communicate with non-trillian users

Trillian review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Trillian Review"

What do you like best?

It's a simple chatroom. I like all the emojis.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the app version of it that pops up on my screen. It's clunky and annoying. So I use it on the Internet.

My company likes using it because it's simple. It's gotten everyone onto one platform, which helps communication.

Trillian review by User in Information Technology and Services

"10 years of continued use"

What do you like best?

Centralized location for all communication. Any major IM protocol, along with email protocols. OTR chatting, video chatting, picture sharing.

What do you dislike?

Incredibly ugly UI. It might have been cool 5 years ago but it needs to change. Themes available aren't much help. Sometimes pictures just don't work. Sometimes OTR just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only useful if you have multiple channels of communication and need everyone able to use all of them at once. For some, there is no benefit to using Trillian over the cloud-provided chat services like Hangouts.

Been using trillian for a decade for most of my communication. It has quirks but I've been dealing with them the entire time and still consider it the best IM client out there.

Trillian review by Inez L.
Inez L.

"perfect, easy to use"

What do you like best?

i love the quick connectivity, as well as the simple layout.

What do you dislike?

i have no dislikes. i have not experienced any issues whatsoever.

faster than waiting around for email replies. rapid communication, and super quick response time.

Trillian review by User

"Trillian"

What do you like best?

Trillian is easy to use most of the time.

What do you dislike?

The Group Chats section gets a little messy and file sharing is wanky.

Bugs out or glitches sometimes. A benefit is utilizing the software as team communications.

Trillian review by Chris b.
Chris b.

"has many many strides over the years keeping pace with the industry "

What do you like best?

cross-platform communication is top notch. ease of use is off the charts

What do you dislike?

too simple for higher level business use

easy to keep in touch with the team while on the move

Trillian review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Good Free IM Service"

What do you like best?

I liked that you could move seamlessly to the app without missing anything file transfer is very useful, and the interface is simple and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to integrate into browsers - chrome, ie, etc. The setting can be annoying to fine tune.

Affordable communication - we were a small startup so it was not an option to integrate anything that cost money but this worked for our needs.

Trillian review by User in Higher Education

"Perfect for communication "

What do you like best?

Ability to communicate in a big office with lack of private space when needing to discuss important and private info concerning student federal aid.

What do you dislike?

The lack of not being able to use on a mobile device if travelling out of the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If able to purchase a license, highly recommend.

If you have to ask a question for a student you have on the phone, easy to message advisor and not have to put a call on hold.

Trillian review by User in Higher Education

"Basic chat software"

What do you like best?

I like that you can connect other messenger programs into trillan, like Facebook, so I can chat with people without being on my phone.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, but it's just a basic chat software.

Interoffice communication is very convenient, allowing people who aren't in the same room to ask a quick question without writing a long email.

Trillian review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Trillian"

What do you like best?

My office uses trillian everyday for instant messaging purposes and it is essential for our daily operation

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about the program.

Our departments communicate using this program. This makes our office more productive and efficient.

Trillian review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Not My Favorite"

What do you like best?

I have used several chat clients including Trillian, Digsby, Apple's iChat, and a few others. Trillian, like the others, can add most of your chat clients in one unified window. It is nice to have all your buddies in one place and to be able to chat with them no matter what service they're on.

What do you dislike?

While Trillian is a good service, it is not my favorite chat client. Personally I prefer using Digsby on my PC and iChat on my Mac. I feel like those programs are a little smoother. I don't like having to have a username for Trillian itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good client that will work great for most people. I would suggest giving it, as well as some other services, a try and see which one works best for you.

Trillian review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Great, Simple Chat Client"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy-to-use their chat client is to use. It can integrate with many different services like MSN, Google Talk, Jabber (for corporate use), and many other integrated clients.

What do you dislike?

I just wish that their free version didn't have ads popping up asking if you were interested in their premium version. However, I do understand that they have to try to sell their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is a great chat client solution, but there are others out there. It's very easy to use, and it's great for a good number of users, and bringing together your multiple chat clients.

Trillian review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Trillian Review"

What do you like best?

Trillian was great at aggregating the various services that friends and work colleagues used.

What do you dislike?

The client was clumsy and buggy. I'd often have to re-start the service, or connect/re-connect with various other host services. I now use Skype as my simple chat of choice, which also allows for video calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From what I can see, Trillian has advanced since I last used it. However, the popularity of audiences on services such as Google+ and Skype have dwarfed the need to aggregate services such as AOL, Yahoo, etc.

inexpensive, easy to use chat service to work across a multitude of clients

Trillian review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"An early entrant into multi-chat IM clients"

What do you like best?

It has sported a multiple-login desktop (and more recently web client) for years - it was definitely ahead of its time when multiple IM providers were being used (AIM, Y!, MSN) - I had an account with each and could connect with all of them together in one view. It worked quickly and had lovely themes.

What do you dislike?

When I used their desktop client, they were not yet on the Mac. It appears they now have versions for all different OSes. There was little not to like with Trillian...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If on the Mac, I would recommend Adium - it was also a helpful multi-IM tool that I used.

Trillian review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"Combine all IMs into one app"

What do you like best?

You can integrate your jabber client, facebook, gtalk and other IMs like YM, twitter and windows messenger into this. There are shortcuts for initiating a chat and closing windows.

What do you dislike?

If you forget your password, you can only reset it online at https://www.trillian.im/account/#. It should be available at the log in screen itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is nice. But, I prefer Adium for Mac OSx users.

Trillian review by User in Computer Software

"My favorite chat client"

What do you like best?

I've been using Trillian for years to consolidate all of my various IM clients into one. Recently made the switch to a Mac, and was delighted to see that Trillian is now on Mac.

What do you dislike?

Recovering a lost password is NOT intuitive. Should be available upon login attempt, but it's nowhere to be found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple IM clients (yahoo, AOL, google talk, etc), and want to consolidate them, get Trillian.

N/A

"Best Chat Client EVER"

What do you like best?

Trillian supports almost every other chat client out there, and rolls them all neatly into a single application. By creating a "Trillian" account, your entire portfolio of chat logins is transported with you across devices.

What do you dislike?

Not all chat clients are included (such as Skype).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian has a lifetime subscritption for $30, you just cannot beat that. All competitors, like Pidgin, lack most of the features, such as portability. I can login across my personal laptop, work laptop and iPhone only using my "Trillian" login, and have all other chat applications available to me. I can also use web chat, which is included.

Learning about Trillian?

* We monitor all Trillian reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Trillian to Similar Solutions