Trillian

Trillian is the best chat client for your desktop and phone.

Work for Trillian?
Bloomfire  tc  2x

Learning about Trillian?

Compare Trillian to Similar Solutions

Trillian Reviews

Showing 41 Trillian reviews
Trillian review by <span>Kearston D.</span>
Kearston D.

A wonderful work application for communicating with co-workers

What do you like best?

I love Trillian because it allows us in office to communicate with our many offices and remote sales people. It allows us to search our chats for printed orders and allows us to keep track of who is printing what to our main printer. It allows us to transfer files between each other easily.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it doesn't allow you to search for other users within your organization. I know that there are others who use the messaging app but it would be nice to be able to see them. The mobile app is slightly frustrating because it sends me alerts even when I don't want it to. So when my phone is on vibrate it is a constant vibration. It seems to take a while to turn it off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a wonderful instant messaging app. It allows for file transfers, importing of photos and documents. It is a effective and pretty seamless application. I can not comment on the price because it was purchased through our organization but it is definitely more efficient than other messaging apps I have used before (AIM, Google Chat).

We are able to track printed orders for shipping, customer pickup and invoicing. It is so much easier to have a conversation with another sales rep over Trillian when you are on the phone, or even trying to complete an order. We are also able to help each other with challenging sales orders which is extremely helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Trillian
Trillian review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

The only IM tool I need

What do you like best?

I like having a single interface to exchange messages, images, files, etc., with all my colleagues, customers and friends - regardless of what IM tool(s) they use. Green means they are available now, yellow means they are away and gray means they are offline.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that anyone that is on Facebook now believes I am always available. If that bothered me more I would just remove my Facebook account. I wish there was a way to set status (like offline, Do Not Disturb, etc., for specific accounts instead of a global rule.

I have clients and friends who use instant message from Gmail, AIM, Facebook, etc. impossible to stay connected with all of them - until Trillian. Been using Trillian for over a decade and it provides a seamless interface that supports all my messaging accounts.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Trillian review by <span>Rachel J.</span>
Rachel J.

Easy to use for multiple chat platforms.

What do you like best?

Chat with friends or colleagues on multiple platforms all in one place. Tabbed chat windows with access to Facebook Messenger, G-Chat, and AIM (which has been discontinued). Even allows for multiple Facebook Messenger accounts to be linked. You can even add Twitter, ICQ, Yahoo! Messenger, and more, if you use those.

What do you dislike?

Can sometimes disconnect from service or be clunky. Sometimes, images sent through Facebook Messenger do not come through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does not integrate with Skype, so if you use that you need to have it open as well. But for a free tool, it's easy to use and integrates with a lot of chat platforms available now.

Easily communicate with people using different platforms, without the need to download all of the various platforms or keep track of so many windows/applications.

Trillian review by <span>Rebekah W.</span>
Rebekah W.

Great Concept

What do you like best?

The ability to have my work contacts and my social contacts, Facebook in one convenient list that I can show or hide. Trillian perfectly filled the gap when Aim discontinued their service.

What do you dislike?

Trillian randomly has to be force quit while using Mac OS High Sierra. I would like to be able to access my previous chat history without having to open a new chat with contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trillian is great for creating personalized groups, I would like to see compatibility with the Apple Watch, though, similar to Slack.

Trillian has made it easy for me to quickly see which of my business contacts are available. We frequently have to collaborate on projects that include file transfers, and so far Trillian has done very well there. It's convenient that Trillian has both a desktop application and an ios app, as I often keep tabs on work communications from my phone.

Trillian review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

The thing with Trillian!

What do you like best?

It's pretty fast and easy to use. I like the fact that it never gets frozen or slows down my PC at work. I like the fact that I can add different people on my team as well as the fact that I can sync it with 3rd party apps like Skype and GTalk which sometimes freeze and then you have to shut them down and restart them. I like that I can take a quick screen shot.

What do you dislike?

Transferring files is a bit issue because the only thing you can really do is send screen shots. I would like to be able to send excel files and word documents. The user interface is a bit complicated to use as well. too much clutter and the options to change the settings on volume, icon notification, emojis need to be presented in a different way when clicking the pop up for that part. The web chat option needs to get changed as well there is a lot of the design that can be redone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for your small business. It's a great and secure IM services to use.

I work as a remote EA so communication is my biggest issue when it comes to interacting with our members. Sending an IM is fine and we are able to get our point across in a very fast way but maybe adding something like a video recording and a little face to face time would help. Another good tip to add would be down revamp the user UX would be great as well. Make it more simple to use. Maybe add different types of icons.

Trillian review by <span>Katie L.</span>
Katie L.

Avid and experienced Trillian user.

What do you like best?

There are many reasons why I like using Trillian, but the fact that I can use the app on any device that connects to the internet is invaluable. Many times I will be working remote or away from my laptop, and I can use Trillian on my phone or my tablet. Additionally, conversations can be merged and carried over from one device to another.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have an issue with accessing Trillian while connected to the VPN through work. I don't know if this is a setting that can be changed or if this is due to our network versus an issue with Trillian. There are workarounds to this though, because if the Trillian is not working on my laptop that is connected to VPN, I can use the Trillian on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile use defaults your Trillian user name to specify "Mobile" at the end of your user name, which is visible to your connections. If you want Mobile to be unspecified, you can modify this in the Settings. I would suggest new users to look through the Settings anyways, because there are many modifications that can be made to the default user set up.

All or any of the conversations can be archived and saved to a local location. It provides a great backup resource especially since we use Trillian at my job. If there are useful resources that were shared between Trillian conversations, these can be accessed from the History within the app or by looking up the archives.

Learning about Trillian?

* We monitor all Trillian reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Trillian to Similar Solutions