TriNet

TriNet

3.8

TriNet (NYSE: TNET) provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. To free SMBs from HR complexities, TriNet offers access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business. TriNet, incredible starts here. For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter (@TriNet).

Work for TriNet?

Learning about TriNet?

TriNet Reviews

Ask TriNet a Question
Showing 228 TriNet reviews
TriNet review by AmyMarie E.
AmyMarie E.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

With TriNet, I no longer have to spend time keeping myself up to date on changing tax or unemployment rates. I can focus on the operation of my business and leave the HR headaches to TriNet. I am also able to offer a benefits-rich package to potential employees that I couldn't as a small employer, such as disability coverages, AFLAC, legal plans, etc. I also appreciate the "branches" strategy that TriNet has, meaning the people who work on my account are people experienced with service-industries such as real estate and the unique issues that can arise.

What do you dislike?

In the two years we have been with TriNet, there have been minor hiccups along the way but nothing that couldn't be resolved with a phonecall or two. I've had some issues with incorrect year-end tax forms for the company principals due to specific reporting guidelines, but they are resolved pretty quickly. Our client representative had to take an unplanned leave of absence and her replacement was not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I plan to remain with TriNet for as long as I can, simply because I feel like my business is important to TriNet.

I do not need to hire someone to deal with HR and I no longer have to serve as the quasi-HR guru. Employees are able to set up income verification keys through TriNet's partnership with The Work Force, resulting in quicker response times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
TriNet review by Betina K.
Betina K.

"An All-In-One Package"

What do you like best?

TriNet is our source for "everything HR." We love the benefits package and benefits enrollment process. We can't imagine the work and decisions our benefits would require without them. Entering payroll is quick and efficient, and our employees love access to their electronic pay stubs... which include a "year to date" amount for pay, taxes, benefits, and even our HSA's. Most of the time we run smoothly and independently, but occasionally there is that incident or circumstance that we need to discuss with HR experts and seek guidance on. TriNet is there for us with an objective, measured approach to HR challenges and advice we can depend on. And, finally, every time we call, we are greeted warmly and made to feel like our reps enjoy talking to us and helping us with whatever we need. Knowing we have a full service partner both backing us up and charting the way forward is reassuring and allows us to focus on the bigger picture of growing our practice.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things we dislike. The changes in the "H R Passport" portal took a while to master, but we managed. When we called with questions, the TriNet staff were always well informed and able to help us. There has been a glitch in the system that implements pay changes well after the effective date we submit. The raise doesn't go through, even though the "effective date" has been entered within the specified time frame for changes. This has happened several times, but our rep always corrects it promptly and credits the additional funds. We're told they're working on the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We made a great decision going with TriNet… you will, too! It's a one-stop shop for everything HR.

Our owners are also our greatest providers of services; we're a private medical practice. Our managers handle the day-to-day operations, but have a million things to deal with (plumbing problems to ordering supplies to securing authorizations from insurance companies) on a daily basis. TriNet provides effort and expertise we need, but don't have the time to give to a sound HR program. They truly are our partners in business.

What Core HR solution do you use?

TriNet review by Heidi M.
Heidi M.

"TriNet does the job"

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

TriNet review by Administrator

"HR is hard, but important to get right, so we appreciate having an expert partner involved."

What do you like best?

Benefits management is professional, helpful and responsive. The reason we switched to Trinet was specifically for a more professional and flexible administration of benefits. We also needed to provide them across multiple states, which was an added bonus.

What do you dislike?

"Advice" is pretty limited to a simple restating of documentation and law, not actual advice. I know why - giving such advice requires specific setup and if I understand correctly Trinet is getting it set up. Small companies especially though need that advice so as not to make mistakes. We end up going to our corporate lawyer for said advice, which is expensive and sub-optimal when we expect HR advice to come from Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially for folks in tech - don't underestimate the value and complication of HR. The reason Trinet seems more complicated than say Gusto is because HR actually is more complicated.

Payroll, benefits, new hire processing - all things we don't worry about any longer.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Makes HR a little easier"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes certain HR duties, like payroll and benefits adminitration, simpler. Instead of having to dedicate time and effort to do certain aspects of payroll & benefits, I am able to ask someone at Trinet for a solution, or they have established guidelines and solutions already.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the overall lack of transparency with Trinet. We have no method of comparing certain things, or getting instructions over certain things. Many people are more computer literate than others, but the site and everything around Trinet seems to be designed for the lowest common denominator.

The issue regarding health insurance, the time spent handling this - currently we can thank Trinet for the ease. BUT we have very little support when it comes to getting certain health insurance information and i have received complaints that the health insurance benefit year and calendar year issues have caused undue expenses. We have not been able to get answers in regards to these problems.

"Great"

What do you like best?

The support and our representative Kristen Ramnath at Trinet are key to the relationship. She is always pleasant and knows how to get things done efficiently and effectively. She helps us out from Bonus PR cycles, to benefits and reviews of the benefits each year to employee termination and hires and how best to get that done. Another solid aspect of Trinet would be all of their benefits both health and commuter benefits which are great for employees who commute to the city often.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major comes to mind right now, but sometimes multiples time per month the PR export function is not available and this just complicates things. It does turn back on with in a day or two so we can use it then. Another issues that arises sometimes is that we can only make an off-cycle PR entry on certain days and this has caused us to crunch processes to meet this time period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that anyone should definitely consider them, we have used Trinet since 2013 and throughout our growing as a firm from 20 to 60+ employees Trinet has made it easy. They make the Payroll Function easy, they make the health and benefits easy as well and know how to keep up with the best plans and these types of things are important to employees.

We use the Payroll and expense systems.

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Payroll and PTO features are good, but FSA function is immature"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access my pay stubs and my W2 form.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get FSA expenses approved. They require a Letter of Medical Necessity for things that don't even make sense (like mileage and tolls). And when you do get the letter, your claim may still get rejected if they miscategorized your item (for example, categorizing it as "OTC" instead of supplement) which would allow them to ask for a prescription from your doctor for documentation. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to get any single FSA item approved through Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TriNet's payroll function seems to be a good product for businesses that don't want to hire dedicated personnel to manage payroll and benefits, but I would definitely not recommend TriNet for their FSA component at this point. The department has to better mature both their processes and personnel to be able to effectively serve the customer base.

It seems to be a promising model for small to medium sized businesses so they don't have to hire someone just to deal with benefits and it's good that you can access a lot of the HR items online.

TriNet review by Antonia C.
Antonia C.

"trinet is EXTREMELY helpful "

What do you like best?

I like that I no longer have to depend on an HR person to get answers because in my experience they don't always tell you the right thing. Trinet puts everything in one place and explains everything in detail. I also really hate paperwork and Trinet makes paperwork obsolete. I can compare health plans with a few clicks and it gives me reminders and updates about tax and healthcare changes and when to enroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes It can take a while to get an answer to a question via email and as far as I know there is no chat feature. I also dislike that my W2 says "TriNet" on it instead of the name of my company. They explained why but its still strange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their phone customer service is faster to get an answer but they people on the phone don't always seem to be so knowledgeable. I know HR is very broad but still it seems like I am put on hold a lot while they find an answer.

We do not have an HR person at my company so we use TRiNet to outsource this job. We realize that it saves us money in the long run by not having to hire someone for this position.

TriNet review by Royce W.
Royce W.

"TriNet is easy to use and very insightful. It makes HR and payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very easy to use and helpful. It makes the HR and benefits information easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Log in for TriNet ws alot easier to use. Sometimes it take a while to log in and to clock in. There should be an easier way.

Trinet makes it easy to view all payroll options, resolve payroll and tax issues. It also makes it easy to view your company and idnivdual goals and allow your to mark off the ones that you finish. You view all your payroll information and if there are any issues then you can call the customer service line and they can help you.

TriNet review by Rich P.
Rich P.

"Terrible Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

In the past, TriNet has been tolerable. At my current employer that is unfortunately not the case.

What do you dislike?

I have received countless errors in attempting to onboard. First, the system only matched me with a previous employer and didn't provide any options for my new employer. Then, once I was allowed access to my profile, I've received several error messages related to switching off of the beta interface. In over two hours on the phone with their support team, my issues have yet to be resolved. Still haven't been able to elect benefits in 1.5 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your options carefully; once you make a selection, the cost of switching gets pretty high.

The company uses TriNet to simplify the HR experience.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Horrible start"

What do you like best?

Trinet's new online website is pretty good - I tried the beta a few months ago and they just launched the new web UI and it's significantly better. Pretty easy to navigate and find what I need. Phone support is prompt - I never have to wait too long to call and the hours are relatively extensive so I'm able to contact someone when I need.

What do you dislike?

Switching over to Trinet was a HORRIBLE experience. We were supposed to get better health care plans and pay the same as our previous provider - the latter was the same, when I selected what I thought were comparable benefits (they suggested certain plans to us) they were about the same price but the coverage was way worse. In addition, many things in my onboarding process were incorrect (and I heard similar from other employees in our company) - my salary was incorrect and it was really difficult to get the backpay that I needed. My retirement plan was not set up correctly so I had trouble accessing it in time (we had a really short turnaround to onboard as well - these things shouldn't be rushed). Lastly, the dental plan I selected was NOT the dental plan I enrolled in. I pointed it out to Trinet cause I had a printed form as proof and they acknowledged the mistake on their part but it took 3 weeks to fix and I had to cancel appointments as a result.

HR/Benefits/Payroll

TriNet review by Henry G.
Henry G.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Very nice to have an all-in-one web portal to access all HR related items. They are all super easy to find, which makes it nice when I just want to find something real quick. I don't have to access around - I know all my answers are located in TriNet. I thought not having an HR department would be rough, but it was nice because all the information lived in one place!

What do you dislike?

Not too much really. I used it at a consulting firm for a few months, so I wasn't there really long enough to find anything wrong about it. There were a few times that cancelling PTO was an issue and we had to call in, but I think it was more of a user error issue than software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! In my experience, employees just need a one-stop shop for HR and TriNet fits that bill! I wish that we also used it for expense tracking as we used another product for that. I can see how having that in TriNet would have helped out some issues we encountered.

I was an employee and they needed an HR portal to solve for not having the typical HR department. I've never really needed a true "person" to interact with for HR and honestly if I have, they just direct me to documentation, so that is what worked so well for TriNet for me.

TriNet review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"Still learning the update... but so far so good..."

What do you like best?

This one's tricky-- because on the one hand, TriNet has given us so many problems in the past-- but on the other, we have a pristine Client Associate Manager who is always ready to help us and go to bat for us. I actually like their payroll submission component, and that hasn't changed; and I also think the I9 verification is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because they just updated their HRPassport software, it's hard to say-- but so far, I really like how they've updated the platform for the 2010s. Finally. I'm interested to see if they'll continue the updates by moving forward with more external softwares that are still linked (I9 verification, payroll submission, benefits portal).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to make a great relationship with your client services associate; they're the lifelines at the TriNet headquarters who can make or break your life!

It's a pretty generic, straightforward way of streamlining all things people/HR. Payroll administration, employee verification, and benefits bundling makes it a great tool that could definitely use more work.

TriNet review by Lindsey T.
Lindsey T.

"Recommend Trinet to all of my friends with business's"

What do you like best?

My account manager, Danielle Hawn, is always on top of making sure I complete all the necessary new hire paper work, complete payroll on time and notify me off any changes or updates.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really Trinet has solutions to all of our challenges.

By using Trinet our small business is able to offer excellent benefit packages to our employees. Trinet also extends a plethora of other perks to our employee's like 401k, travel discounts, and disability which has added value to our company when completing talent searches.

TriNet review by Trisha R.
Trisha R.

"Hands down- a business must-have!"

What do you like best?

Class A service 100% of the time. Ease of doing business and help with every aspect of running a firm.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Great benefit providers, prompt service, great ideas out of the box, consistent communication, easy interface to communicate thru.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ive told many people they need to look into using them

Payroll and all requirements that come with it. Very hassle free. Great knowing in the event of an HR issue, I have a team with experience to reach out to.

TriNet review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes it simple for small companies to have a full HR function from tracking PTO to payroll and benefits. It also allows companies like ours with around 50 employees to enjoy the economies of scale and larger benefits usually only available to big companies because of TriNet's collective buying power. It's also relatively easy to set up for new employees making onboarding streamlined.

What do you dislike?

very self-serve... little "support" , takes time to figure out all the things that are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

similar to zenefits, I prefer it slightly, more options.

not having a proper HR department. cost efficiencies and selection options when it comes to benefits not usually afforded to small/startup companies

TriNet review by Administrator

"Trinet- great for startups, but not for complex business setups"

What do you like best?

- they do the basics for you

- they handle the compliance for you

What do you dislike?

- benefits offerings-- cannot be customized to company need, we couldn't get insurance experience

- their partnership with the timecard system is not great; hard to navigate the timecard system Trinet offers

- it took a while to find a good Payroll expert on Trinet's side to partner with our internal payroll team

- termination checks sometimes get delayed in the mail, leaving internal payroll team to scramble to get the check to the terminated employee

- no automation of systems

- reporting system sucked

- unable to accommodate complex business setups

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trinet has come a long way; they are improving the user interface and revamping their customer service. It was horrible before.

However, my company is growing too fast to wait for them to improve their systems.

- lack of manpower in HR /Payroll Dept

"Payroll Administrator"

What do you like best?

We are a Canadian company, with an office in the US, as well as remote sales in other states. Trinet is very knowledgeable about the different requirements for each state. We always get timely responses, and good customer service !

What do you dislike?

I would like the reporting to be a bit more user friendly. We currently have a few custom reports that were created for us, but would like to be able to create more on our own.

Trinet is helping with all the different state laws/requirements. We have also benefited from them handling our benefits as we have only a few US employee's and it provides us with a better rate to provide our employee's.

TriNet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful HR platform"

What do you like best?

This is a clean HR platform that allows you to see everything you need in a nice, colorful and organized way. It’s super easy to get pay slips and also map out future paychecks while knowing instantly how many days off etc you have remaining.

What do you dislike?

Since the platform is in beta, there are a lot of glitches that take a lot of time to fix when there is a bug. I wish they could speed up the process of resolution in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe smaller companies will love this platform and will help them manage a lot of their HR needs in one place.

Have a centralized HR platform that allows you to remove the middle man and get the information you need when you need it.

TriNet review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Solid PEO - Used for 7 Years at Multiple Companies"

What do you like best?

TriNet gives you a lot of the benefits of having a large HR team behind you at a reasonable cost. They negotiate with the big players for you, providing good payroll, health benefits and 401(k) for your teams. They also do a lot of the basic HR stuff (onboarding/offboarding) with very low lift.

What do you dislike?

Not having a direct relationship with the insurers can sometimes yield sub-optimal customer service from them. This is less of a TriNet problem than a PEO problem. As the CEO of my company, I'm not seen as the ultimate client of an insurer, I'm seen as an employee.

Outsourcing a lot of the backoffice elements of HR.

"TriNet? Don't do it."

What do you like best?

Best? Their sales group. They are good and selling you on all the benefits, but not tell you about the inconveniences, poor customer service, or restrictions you will have as a business to function.

What do you dislike?

Dislike? EVERYTHING. If you want nothing to do with your business, and don't care about customer service, a solutions partner. Then go with TriNet. Be warned, TriNet controls your access to government reports, and will give you excel reports as your backup. They will not collaborate with you on solutions. Better to pay an inhouse HR person who will act in compliance but also work on solutions with you, and not neglect your business objectives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do NOT do it.

The only solution that I thought TriNet solved is worst than doing it on our own. You think you're outsourcing to a solutions provider. However, when it comes time to take your business back into your control, they will limit you and keep information that you think is rightfully yours. OH all of this with the worst customer service.

TriNet review by Administrator

"All-in-one payroll and benefits"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of navigating the website - as the admin, it is very simple to find the exact page I need to view and/or update, with the side-bars on the left side of the webpage.

What do you dislike?

Payroll reports are very cumbersome, with unnecessary information in many of the fields. It is difficult to find the exact report needed, and although there is the option to create your own report, at this time I am too busy to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost efficient, relatively easy to use, good customer service.

Overhead costs for our small company were exorbitant. There is a tremendous savings in health benefits in joining TriNet.

TriNet review by Kaitlin M.
Kaitlin M.

"For TriNet Expense, terrible customer service and integration with other systems"

What do you like best?

The app provides basic expense reimbursement services that all other similar apps provide. TriNet does okay with the basics, including with their mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Every month or so, there's a problem that pops up related to one of the external systems/vendors with which TriNet Expense integrates - i.e. direct deposit system, credit card companies, our accounting system, etc. The customer service folks, who will respond to your email right away, are slow to acknowledge and address the problems. They always assume first that the problem is related to something we, the customer, are doing. In addition, it appears that we've been overcharged in recent months. I've sent their customer service folks 4 emails over 2 weeks to see if I'm calculating the charges correctly and still haven't gotten a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're in the process of switching to Expensify

Using this system has helped us process personal expense reimbursements more quickly.

"Bad Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The payroll software is easy to use. The dashboard is very nice looking.

What do you dislike?

They proved time and time again that they did not care about my business. Every part of the implementation was done wrong the first time and had to be redone 3 to 4 times. They do not call you back or respond to emails until you have sent over 3 requests. They promise they will take care of the issues, but weeks later you are still trying to get things resolved.

The presentation to the employees was awful. They left more confused than when they come in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Sales people put on a really good show and then do not deliver, They do not follow up or check in to make sure things are going ok.

There has been no benefit to working with TriNet. It more than doubled my work load.

TriNet review by User

"Unfair Business Practices & Poor Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about their company.

What do you dislike?

I am a business owner and have been using PEO's over the last 7 years and have been with TriNet since 2015. All I can say is, something has changed in their organization. TriNet has been overcharging my company for WC since May 2017 (the Manager of Client Services even admits this) and can't seem to wrap their heads around how they are going to credit my account and correct my rates moving forward. The customer service people in Irvine, CA say the people in South Carolina are working on it, yet they can't tell me who in SC is doing the work. There are many other issues we are dealing with in regards to PTO not being correct on our employee’s paychecks and other basic HR related tasks. The bottom line is stay away from this PEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away.

none and none.

TriNet review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"HR solution"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive the team at trinet is. I was trying to set up Payroll deductions for a few ppl at our company and I had a lot of questions, and they walked me through every step. They also are always available to send a rep to our office to be a part of our training program for new hires - which is super helpful because they have so many questions. Thanks TriNet!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the login process for the website. I always have to find the first email in my inbox that was sent to me to get my employee ID to login. I just think it could be an easier process in some way. Also, most of our new employees don't receive their first paycheck - they only receive the 1st paycheck for a full pay period of work. This could be a problem on our end, but it's very confusing.

I finally realized that we have TriNet Marketplace which has some random benefits open to employees - however I don't think many people realize how much stuff is on there. I love how simple it is for payroll. It's nice to have all your pay stubs in one place online. Electronic deposits makes everything better.

TriNet review by User in Computer Software

"Awful experiences with TriNet with two employers"

What do you like best?

There is not much. The user interface is aesthetically pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Very glitchy. I have elected benefits and received confirmation of selection and then weeks later have been told that I did not complete benefits selection and had to go thorough a lengthy appeals process to maintain coverage and FSA benefits. At my most recent employer they somehow managed to NOT pay me, even though my banking info was already in the TriNet system and I also signed up with my new employer the first day on the job. Customer service is abysmal; nothing takes less than 45 minutes.

We use is for payroll tracking and benefits management.

TriNet review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"One of worst vendor experiences"

What do you like best?

Very little. Trinet boast many great features that they are unable to deliver in a consistent and reliable way.

What do you dislike?

Trinet drops the ball on almost all the things they say they do best. Constant technology issues, more than 50% of the time they do not get new hires, promotions and 401k set ups correct. The departments do not coordinate well. The client service contact is now our only point of contact (as of this past year's internal re-org) and expected to know everything regardless of the topic ranging from process questions to complicated employee termination issues. The client service staff is overwhelmed. Balls are dropped constantly. The supposed HR expertise is sub-par at best. In the almost 4 years we have been with Trinet, I have wasted endless hours chasing down solutions to chronic issues. I am at the end of my rope. We are currently looking for a new PEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere

none and none

"Decent benefits platform"

What do you like best?

I like the consolidation of my HR needs in one place. They're good at notifications and making sure my benefits and work needs are in order.

What do you dislike?

The UI and UX are not great. The platform just feels very clunky and not very user friendly. At the end of the day, it doesn't feel like an all-in-one platform. The use of space, font size and overall experience feels outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used to work at and use Zenefits, so I got used to the user-friendly experience. Trinet feels very clunky and difficult to navigate. I understand why my company size would use Trinet, but it could use a facelift.

Trinet helps us manage benefits, 401k, commuter benefits and more.

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Easy to use and simple to navigate"

What do you like best?

The portal is straight forward and easy to use. I have used TriNet for various reasons, PTO requests/tracking, benefits, enrollment and also the marketplace. Enrollment was very simple, and I was able to go back and make updates easily. I also love their Market place, which has great discounts, including hotels, shows and certain bills as well.

What do you dislike?

It's really difficult to use on a mobile device. I have tried logging in a few times from my phone for quick and easy access and a mobile-friendly view either doesn't exist or does not work well. I also wish you were able to click on the benefit companies in the portal and be directed to their website OR able to print ID cards and documents directly in TriNet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TriNet is a wonderful HR tool for both the administrator and the users. It helps decrease HR providing information that is easily accessible and also puts the authority in the hands of the employee, rather than HR, especially for benefits and enrollment reminders. As a user, I love having this tool and being able to look up anything I need in minutes.

Time Tracking for PTO purposes.

TriNet review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very Easy & Reliable"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to check my information whether it's when I get paid to how much time paid off I have available.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I can't find an answer to something, I have to contact support. Support is great, but at time it would be great to have the information I need right in my Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use to make sure your team can see all their information regarding their pay roll, health benefits, paid time off, etc.

I have realized that when using Trinet, I don't really have issues in finding the necessities: paid time off, payroll, holiday, health benefits, etc.

TriNet review by Paige B.
Paige B.

"Great basic service, hard to get answers to complex questions "

What do you like best?

Every single person who answers the CSS line is able to help me 95% of the time.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for answers to simple questions that get refered to departments (like tax or risk) in which I know no one and have no contact information.

Back office HR - payroll, file keeping

TriNet review by Yoaquim C.
Yoaquim C.

"Was ok before they revamped their site; now, it is way better UX experience."

What do you like best?

That they revamped their entire look and feel.

Before, it was a bit fuzzy navigating all of their options – now they streamlined everything, which is a huge step forward.

What do you dislike?

They still need to improve the integration of some external parts that they rely on – like Commuter Benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, give it a shot. They were always good at providing HR services, but with their current site revamp, they've stepped up.

Much easier to navigate a whole bunch of features, benefits and everything else. Basically, essential for startups looking to grow.

We can manage all of our HR resources and people problems with Trinet.

TriNet review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Employee - Tracking platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding the information you need quickly - you can research your time off, your earning statements, employee time off and a multitude additional information.

What do you dislike?

Honestly as an end user i have not come across anything that I am unhappy with at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for ease of tracking and reporting in a payroll software and company- I would highly recommend TriNet!

TriNet makes it simple as a supervisor to oversee your employees status, attendance and vacation/sick time requests and history. It also produces a calendar that assists in seeing when employees have scheduled time off for the month.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Excellent all around service"

What do you like best?

TriNet allows us to do what we do best, sell product rather than spend time and effort trying to implement all the laws required of HR Departments around the country. That saves us time and money.

What do you dislike?

Once in a while they are backed up and slow to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and well worth the price!

They manage the intricacies of HR laws and rules so we don't have to worry about it, which is huge.

TriNet review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Legacy client post-public launch - Not happy"

What do you like best?

Our payroll contact is on the ball, helpful, and helps navigate an otherwise unnecessarily adversarial and horribly bureaucratic back office.

What do you dislike?

Our primary concern has been the rapidly declining ROI on our service fee to the service we get for that fee. Customized client service items have been declining to flat out disappearing steadily over the last 4 years since the merger with SOI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all aspects of a company's reputation. Most notably, their ethics and morals in how they treat companies they acquire or ways that they do business. Not their taglines. Their culture.

The major draw to a PEO is the all-in-one solutions for non-revenue generating portions of a business that are required to manage employees. The issue becomes, when any instance or item that you need TriNet to assist you with is "outside their pre-defined box", you are pushed to a self-serve platform or worse, told to consult any number of additional experts (tax attorney, employment attorney, etc..) If that is the solution, then the all-in-one trusted vendor platform doesn't really pass the sanity check.

TriNet review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Great PEO"

What do you like best?

I highly recommend TriNet for anyone exploring engaging a PEO provider. They make forecasting extremely easy, they have a fantastic network of healthcare plans at an affordable rate and a great implementation/support team.

What do you dislike?

Interface is still a little clunky, but not nearly as bad as ADP or Paychex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product and I highly recommend using it.

Human Resources Management.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Great Customer Service With TriNet"

What do you like best?

I love the support I get with my TriNet platform and the ease with which I can submit payroll and review company and employee information. Another big benefit is the ability to offer our employees competitive health benefits.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is a negative about TriNet for us is the cost. As a small business, the administrative costs of the system are a little high.

Affordable benefits, easy payroll processing, company portal, policies and procedures.

TriNet review by Meghan L.
Meghan L.

"Good for managing outsourced providers and great customer support"

What do you like best?

Customer support has been wonderful. I also appreciate having one platform that brings together all of my benefits from various companies. Mobile is terrific.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a disconnect between providers related to support.

Selecting the best benefit providers but providing a seamless experience for users.

TriNet review by Jim H.
Jim H.

"I have been using TriNet Expense for years"

What do you like best?

I have used this product connected directly to accounting systems and stand alone. I have used it for preparing invoices for clients and creating expense reports for reimbursement. I have recommended it to clients and implemented it for them. The team is responsive to customer request and the product continually improves.

What do you dislike?

I would really like if downloaded credit card transactions had a "matching" screen to already submitted expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate it as closely and tightly as possible. Consider true cost reduction by understanding hours/days of savings and removing FTE from your budget.

Living abroad in Europe for 6 months, TriNet Expense allowed me immediate access to credit card statements, and automatically did currency conversions facilitating rapid preparation of invoicing from WHEREVER I was. I not only benefitted, but, at this point, can't imagine not having this tool in my belt.

TriNet review by User in Computer Software

"User-friendly HR tool"

What do you like best?

The platforms UI is very easy to navigate- employees have accessibility to everything they need to see HR related- payroll, benefits, vacation calendar, PTO and time accrued.

What do you dislike?

Can take a while to load at times- otherwise everything else is satisfactory as a user.

Easy to use for employees and admins can easily adjust information in one place for employees. This platform makes it easy and quick to schedule PTO, see vacation calendars, opt-in for benefits and select plans and give a detailed overview of pay out information.

TriNet review by Executive Sponsor in Utilities
Executive Sponsor in Utilities

"Trusted Business Advisor"

What do you like best?

TriNet has been our trusted business advisor for over 12 years and continuously provides outstanding service.

What do you dislike?

TriNet's healthcare costs continue to grow faster than inflation and are significantly more expensive than equivalent plans offered by the same providers through Covered CA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare PEOs carefully as they have different operating models that can impact your business

TriNet ensures we are compliant with all applicable laws and provides outstanding HR support.

TriNet review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Sales Exec Expense Experience"

What do you like best?

The system is pretty straightforward overall. I think the interface is fairly intuitive for firs-time users and I have relatively easy access to previous records. Also, the mobile interface makes life a lot easier by being able to save your receipts on the go. I had no issues whatsoever in submitting bank credentials and seeing subsequent reimbursement. Though it's relatively minor, I did enjoy being able to quickly duplicate my expense details and found that it saved me a lot of time in the long-run.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to print a line item summary of my approved reports. The report overview is great but when I needed to print a summary of my line item expenses, it required a little more work and having to print the whole webpage vs. a printable view.

I'd like to see expense details included in the approved report summary window. When I would look to go back and pull specific reports, I would have to click into each expense report number to see what the report actually was. Would be more convenient for that window to include total spend for the report and range dates of expenses submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and is extremely easy to pick up on first time use.

Trying to streamline hours committed to submitting expenses. It is just as important to have a great expense policy as it is a system for reducing resources spent on expensing.

TriNet review by Chandler L.
Chandler L.

"Functional, but slightly confusing to first time users"

What do you like best?

I like the overview the best. It gives a great representation of what the user needs to know, but not too much. It show a summary of the reports the user has started or submitted, as well as the amount of money in unsubmitted and submitted expenses. The large icon options are easy to read and straight forward. I will say however, that every time I look at the New Expense icon it reminds me of toilet paper, and I just cant look at it without laughing a little. I also like the analytics screen. Even thought I havnt submitted too many expenses, I can see how in the future this would be helpful and useful in seeing what I may have done in the past.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slight learning curve. Its not necessarily straight forward how to actually submit an expense. Help was informative, but I still had to ask the HR lady when starting my first expense. I could not find, however small it needs to be, tutorial instructing users how to create an expense report. This might make sense for people who have created expense reports in the past, but for me as a first time expense reporter, I did not understand how to navigate my first expense report. Maybe a small, short, couple minutes long video tutorial, showing the expense screen with a person moving the mouse explaining how to submit their first report. Another small thing I noticed is when uploading receipts, there was not a drag and drop option. This is not really a necessity or anything near a problem, is just may be a cool feature to add in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trinet Expense is a very functional product. Using the product will achieve the goals it was created for. The user interface is straight forward and menu items make sense. Slight learning curve, but not enough to discourage users. Very nice product.

This product solves mainly expense reporting for our company. Using Trinet Expense we are able to keep track of our trips and expenses on those trips without hard copies of receipts and papers. We can all upload our time, travel, receipts, and other expenses digitally and track the entire trip. Trinet Expense, as far as I can tell, has taken a big load off of the HR team and made it quite simple to track employees trips and expenses.

"Keeps getting worst"

What do you like best?

They give you access to affordable group health premiums and low 401k fund management fees.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything.

Multiple payroll mistakes. Wrong amount deducted for employee 401k contribution.

Poorly trained customer service associates. Often times they don't understand the problem.

Many layers in company make it difficult to get answers and get things done. Primary contact has very little actual ability to answer questions or do anything for you.

The website has many issues that don't seem to get corrected. It is also difficult to use.

Unnecessarily difficult to get information and reports.

Trying to obtain information for tax filing.

It has solved our health insurance problem but unfortunately created many more problems.

TriNet review by Jarrod S.
Jarrod S.

"HR manager"

What do you like best?

Support from HR rep has been very helpful

What do you dislike?

user interface of the website at times is challenging

Recommendations to others considering the product

Establish a good relationship with support rep.

guidance from support rep

TriNet review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"TriNet allows me to submit my expenses"

What do you like best?

I like that TriNet connects with my credit card and allows me to post expenses in different currencies. The categories for the type of expenses are helpful to let my CFO understand the nature of the expense. The website and app are also fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple of experiences where the app doesn't update correctly or switches currencies when I'm posting an expense. 200 INR and 200 USD are very different and it is frustrating when it does these things and sometimes expenses post twice. I wish there was an option to input distance. I've also had to manually refresh my credit card connection with TriNet. I wish it would seamlessly connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't explored other expense applications but I would consider finding an app that seamlessly connects to your credit card and doesn't randomly quit or post expenses twice. I only use this application for expenses so it may be great at logging time or other functions. Overall, I would recommend this application because it does everything I need it to do.

It is helpful to connect TriNet with my credit card because it saves me time of inputting each individual expense either on the app or on a separate computer file. I'm thankful that TriNet sends my full expenses report to my CFO and that my CFO has easy access to it. The biggest benefit is that TriNet saves me time each month.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Satisfied customer and user"

What do you like best?

Overall Trinet is a great platform. It is especially useful for small companies that do not want to or do not have the resources to hire dedicated payroll and HR professionals. The ease of use, benefit program options, and the quick and reliable customer support are some of the highlights.

What do you dislike?

There is little I dislike about Trinet, however a couple of things that could be improved are the website interface which is sometimes difficult to use and the options for 401K plans. In particular it would be great it there was more customization allowed on the 401K offering.

Payroll, benefits, HR support, etc.

TriNet review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"TriNet for work needs "

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly platform. I also enjoy that all of my work paycheck and benefits information is in one easy to use place. Lastly, I enjoy the added discounts for its users.

What do you dislike?

It’s not user friendly on a smartphone. To use its features and navigate you are better off using a desktop. However, for most users this is an inconvenience.

I get my paycheck as well as Benifit information from TriNet

TriNet review by Kelly Anne K.
Kelly Anne K.

"Semi-Easy But Not Super Organized"

What do you like best?

It's colorful and it keeps me updated on what stage my expense is currently in. I like that we can send what looks like an email of our report when we submit it with explanations in the body. -- That is very user friendly. I like TriNet Passport too but that's completely different, right? IDK if that's clear...

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I used Concur before TriNet Expense so perhaps I'm still a little more used to their methods but I did think they came off as slightly more organized. It's a little backwards to add expenses then add them to a report. At least in my own opinion. I prefer to create a report first THEN add expenses and TriNet just doesn't look as organized from the user facing side. There are almost too many options on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure you are heading in the right direction just for asking for feedback from ALL types of users, not just admins or executives. Good on you!

Expenses from work related travel and purchases. I don't think this question is clear -- What benefits have I realized? That I can get paid back for my work related travel and purchases??

Learn more about TriNet

TriNet Videos

Learning about TriNet?

* We monitor all TriNet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.