TriNet

TriNet is a strategic partner to small and medium-sized businesses for HR, payroll, employee benefits, employment law compliance and risk mitigation. TriNet provides three bundled HR products tailored to specific industries. Each bundled HR product includes their core services: payroll, benefits, risk & compliance, an HR team and cloud platform

Work for TriNet?

Showing 173 TriNet reviews
TriNet review by <span>Heidi M.</span>
Heidi M.

TriNet does the job

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
TriNet review by <span>Royce W.</span>
Royce W.

TriNet is easy to use and very insightful. It makes HR and payroll easy!

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very easy to use and helpful. It makes the HR and benefits information easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Log in for TriNet ws alot easier to use. Sometimes it take a while to log in and to clock in. There should be an easier way.

Trinet makes it easy to view all payroll options, resolve payroll and tax issues. It also makes it easy to view your company and idnivdual goals and allow your to mark off the ones that you finish. You view all your payroll information and if there are any issues then you can call the customer service line and they can help you.

What Core HR solution do you use?

TriNet review by <span>Rich P.</span>
Rich P.

Terrible Onboarding Experience

What do you like best?

In the past, TriNet has been tolerable. At my current employer that is unfortunately not the case.

What do you dislike?

I have received countless errors in attempting to onboard. First, the system only matched me with a previous employer and didn't provide any options for my new employer. Then, once I was allowed access to my profile, I've received several error messages related to switching off of the beta interface. In over two hours on the phone with their support team, my issues have yet to be resolved. Still haven't been able to elect benefits in 1.5 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your options carefully; once you make a selection, the cost of switching gets pretty high.

The company uses TriNet to simplify the HR experience.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

Horrible start

What do you like best?

Trinet's new online website is pretty good - I tried the beta a few months ago and they just launched the new web UI and it's significantly better. Pretty easy to navigate and find what I need. Phone support is prompt - I never have to wait too long to call and the hours are relatively extensive so I'm able to contact someone when I need.

What do you dislike?

Switching over to Trinet was a HORRIBLE experience. We were supposed to get better health care plans and pay the same as our previous provider - the latter was the same, when I selected what I thought were comparable benefits (they suggested certain plans to us) they were about the same price but the coverage was way worse. In addition, many things in my onboarding process were incorrect (and I heard similar from other employees in our company) - my salary was incorrect and it was really difficult to get the backpay that I needed. My retirement plan was not set up correctly so I had trouble accessing it in time (we had a really short turnaround to onboard as well - these things shouldn't be rushed). Lastly, the dental plan I selected was NOT the dental plan I enrolled in. I pointed it out to Trinet cause I had a printed form as proof and they acknowledged the mistake on their part but it took 3 weeks to fix and I had to cancel appointments as a result.

HR/Benefits/Payroll

TriNet review by <span>Henry G.</span>
Henry G.

Love it!

What do you like best?

Very nice to have an all-in-one web portal to access all HR related items. They are all super easy to find, which makes it nice when I just want to find something real quick. I don't have to access around - I know all my answers are located in TriNet. I thought not having an HR department would be rough, but it was nice because all the information lived in one place!

What do you dislike?

Not too much really. I used it at a consulting firm for a few months, so I wasn't there really long enough to find anything wrong about it. There were a few times that cancelling PTO was an issue and we had to call in, but I think it was more of a user error issue than software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! In my experience, employees just need a one-stop shop for HR and TriNet fits that bill! I wish that we also used it for expense tracking as we used another product for that. I can see how having that in TriNet would have helped out some issues we encountered.

I was an employee and they needed an HR portal to solve for not having the typical HR department. I've never really needed a true "person" to interact with for HR and honestly if I have, they just direct me to documentation, so that is what worked so well for TriNet for me.

TriNet review by <span>Blake P.</span>
Blake P.

Still learning the update... but so far so good...

What do you like best?

This one's tricky-- because on the one hand, TriNet has given us so many problems in the past-- but on the other, we have a pristine Client Associate Manager who is always ready to help us and go to bat for us. I actually like their payroll submission component, and that hasn't changed; and I also think the I9 verification is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because they just updated their HRPassport software, it's hard to say-- but so far, I really like how they've updated the platform for the 2010s. Finally. I'm interested to see if they'll continue the updates by moving forward with more external softwares that are still linked (I9 verification, payroll submission, benefits portal).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to make a great relationship with your client services associate; they're the lifelines at the TriNet headquarters who can make or break your life!

It's a pretty generic, straightforward way of streamlining all things people/HR. Payroll administration, employee verification, and benefits bundling makes it a great tool that could definitely use more work.

Learning about TriNet?

* We monitor all TriNet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.