TriNet

TriNet

TriNet is driving business momentum with dedicated teams offering integrated industry solutions. TriNet powers business success with extraordinary HR solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs). TriNet’s dedicated HR teams offer integrated industry solutions that include services such as: payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance. These HR services are enabled by TriNet’s cloud-based technology platform and a mobile app that provides the convenience of updated HR information on the go.

Work for TriNet?

Learning about TriNet?

TriNet Reviews

Ask TriNet a Question
Showing 183 TriNet reviews
TriNet review by Antonia C.
Antonia C.

"trinet is EXTREMELY helpful "

What do you like best?

I like that I no longer have to depend on an HR person to get answers because in my experience they don't always tell you the right thing. Trinet puts everything in one place and explains everything in detail. I also really hate paperwork and Trinet makes paperwork obsolete. I can compare health plans with a few clicks and it gives me reminders and updates about tax and healthcare changes and when to enroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes It can take a while to get an answer to a question via email and as far as I know there is no chat feature. I also dislike that my W2 says "TriNet" on it instead of the name of my company. They explained why but its still strange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their phone customer service is faster to get an answer but they people on the phone don't always seem to be so knowledgeable. I know HR is very broad but still it seems like I am put on hold a lot while they find an answer.

We do not have an HR person at my company so we use TRiNet to outsource this job. We realize that it saves us money in the long run by not having to hire someone for this position.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
TriNet review by Heidi M.
Heidi M.

"TriNet does the job"

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

What Core HR solution do you use?

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Payroll and PTO features are good, but FSA function is immature"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access my pay stubs and my W2 form.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get FSA expenses approved. They require a Letter of Medical Necessity for things that don't even make sense (like mileage and tolls). And when you do get the letter, your claim may still get rejected if they miscategorized your item (for example, categorizing it as "OTC" instead of supplement) which would allow them to ask for a prescription from your doctor for documentation. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to get any single FSA item approved through Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TriNet's payroll function seems to be a good product for businesses that don't want to hire dedicated personnel to manage payroll and benefits, but I would definitely not recommend TriNet for their FSA component at this point. The department has to better mature both their processes and personnel to be able to effectively serve the customer base.

It seems to be a promising model for small to medium sized businesses so they don't have to hire someone just to deal with benefits and it's good that you can access a lot of the HR items online.

TriNet review by Royce W.
Royce W.

"TriNet is easy to use and very insightful. It makes HR and payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very easy to use and helpful. It makes the HR and benefits information easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Log in for TriNet ws alot easier to use. Sometimes it take a while to log in and to clock in. There should be an easier way.

Trinet makes it easy to view all payroll options, resolve payroll and tax issues. It also makes it easy to view your company and idnivdual goals and allow your to mark off the ones that you finish. You view all your payroll information and if there are any issues then you can call the customer service line and they can help you.

TriNet review by Rich P.
Rich P.

"Terrible Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

In the past, TriNet has been tolerable. At my current employer that is unfortunately not the case.

What do you dislike?

I have received countless errors in attempting to onboard. First, the system only matched me with a previous employer and didn't provide any options for my new employer. Then, once I was allowed access to my profile, I've received several error messages related to switching off of the beta interface. In over two hours on the phone with their support team, my issues have yet to be resolved. Still haven't been able to elect benefits in 1.5 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your options carefully; once you make a selection, the cost of switching gets pretty high.

The company uses TriNet to simplify the HR experience.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Horrible start"

What do you like best?

Trinet's new online website is pretty good - I tried the beta a few months ago and they just launched the new web UI and it's significantly better. Pretty easy to navigate and find what I need. Phone support is prompt - I never have to wait too long to call and the hours are relatively extensive so I'm able to contact someone when I need.

What do you dislike?

Switching over to Trinet was a HORRIBLE experience. We were supposed to get better health care plans and pay the same as our previous provider - the latter was the same, when I selected what I thought were comparable benefits (they suggested certain plans to us) they were about the same price but the coverage was way worse. In addition, many things in my onboarding process were incorrect (and I heard similar from other employees in our company) - my salary was incorrect and it was really difficult to get the backpay that I needed. My retirement plan was not set up correctly so I had trouble accessing it in time (we had a really short turnaround to onboard as well - these things shouldn't be rushed). Lastly, the dental plan I selected was NOT the dental plan I enrolled in. I pointed it out to Trinet cause I had a printed form as proof and they acknowledged the mistake on their part but it took 3 weeks to fix and I had to cancel appointments as a result.

HR/Benefits/Payroll

TriNet review by Henry G.
Henry G.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Very nice to have an all-in-one web portal to access all HR related items. They are all super easy to find, which makes it nice when I just want to find something real quick. I don't have to access around - I know all my answers are located in TriNet. I thought not having an HR department would be rough, but it was nice because all the information lived in one place!

What do you dislike?

Not too much really. I used it at a consulting firm for a few months, so I wasn't there really long enough to find anything wrong about it. There were a few times that cancelling PTO was an issue and we had to call in, but I think it was more of a user error issue than software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! In my experience, employees just need a one-stop shop for HR and TriNet fits that bill! I wish that we also used it for expense tracking as we used another product for that. I can see how having that in TriNet would have helped out some issues we encountered.

I was an employee and they needed an HR portal to solve for not having the typical HR department. I've never really needed a true "person" to interact with for HR and honestly if I have, they just direct me to documentation, so that is what worked so well for TriNet for me.

TriNet review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"Still learning the update... but so far so good..."

What do you like best?

This one's tricky-- because on the one hand, TriNet has given us so many problems in the past-- but on the other, we have a pristine Client Associate Manager who is always ready to help us and go to bat for us. I actually like their payroll submission component, and that hasn't changed; and I also think the I9 verification is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because they just updated their HRPassport software, it's hard to say-- but so far, I really like how they've updated the platform for the 2010s. Finally. I'm interested to see if they'll continue the updates by moving forward with more external softwares that are still linked (I9 verification, payroll submission, benefits portal).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to make a great relationship with your client services associate; they're the lifelines at the TriNet headquarters who can make or break your life!

It's a pretty generic, straightforward way of streamlining all things people/HR. Payroll administration, employee verification, and benefits bundling makes it a great tool that could definitely use more work.

TriNet review by Rachel K.
Rachel K.

"Lots of Options"

What do you like best?

Trinet makes it simple for small companies to have a full HR function from tracking PTO to payroll and benefits. It also allows companies like ours with around 50 employees to enjoy the economies of scale and larger benefits usually only available to big companies because of TriNet's collective buying power. It's also relatively easy to set up for new employees making onboarding streamlined.

What do you dislike?

very self-serve... little "support" , takes time to figure out all the things that are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

similar to zenefits, I prefer it slightly, more options.

not having a proper HR department. cost efficiencies and selection options when it comes to benefits not usually afforded to small/startup companies

TriNet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful HR platform"

What do you like best?

This is a clean HR platform that allows you to see everything you need in a nice, colorful and organized way. It’s super easy to get pay slips and also map out future paychecks while knowing instantly how many days off etc you have remaining.

What do you dislike?

Since the platform is in beta, there are a lot of glitches that take a lot of time to fix when there is a bug. I wish they could speed up the process of resolution in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe smaller companies will love this platform and will help them manage a lot of their HR needs in one place.

Have a centralized HR platform that allows you to remove the middle man and get the information you need when you need it.

TriNet review by Kaitlin M.
Kaitlin M.

"For TriNet Expense, terrible customer service and integration with other systems"

What do you like best?

The app provides basic expense reimbursement services that all other similar apps provide. TriNet does okay with the basics, including with their mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Every month or so, there's a problem that pops up related to one of the external systems/vendors with which TriNet Expense integrates - i.e. direct deposit system, credit card companies, our accounting system, etc. The customer service folks, who will respond to your email right away, are slow to acknowledge and address the problems. They always assume first that the problem is related to something we, the customer, are doing. In addition, it appears that we've been overcharged in recent months. I've sent their customer service folks 4 emails over 2 weeks to see if I'm calculating the charges correctly and still haven't gotten a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're in the process of switching to Expensify

Using this system has helped us process personal expense reimbursements more quickly.

TriNet review by User

"Unfair Business Practices & Poor Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I don't like anything about their company.

What do you dislike?

I am a business owner and have been using PEO's over the last 7 years and have been with TriNet since 2015. All I can say is, something has changed in their organization. TriNet has been overcharging my company for WC since May 2017 (the Manager of Client Services even admits this) and can't seem to wrap their heads around how they are going to credit my account and correct my rates moving forward. The customer service people in Irvine, CA say the people in South Carolina are working on it, yet they can't tell me who in SC is doing the work. There are many other issues we are dealing with in regards to PTO not being correct on our employee’s paychecks and other basic HR related tasks. The bottom line is stay away from this PEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away.

none and none.

TriNet review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"HR solution"

What do you like best?

I like how responsive the team at trinet is. I was trying to set up Payroll deductions for a few ppl at our company and I had a lot of questions, and they walked me through every step. They also are always available to send a rep to our office to be a part of our training program for new hires - which is super helpful because they have so many questions. Thanks TriNet!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the login process for the website. I always have to find the first email in my inbox that was sent to me to get my employee ID to login. I just think it could be an easier process in some way. Also, most of our new employees don't receive their first paycheck - they only receive the 1st paycheck for a full pay period of work. This could be a problem on our end, but it's very confusing.

I finally realized that we have TriNet Marketplace which has some random benefits open to employees - however I don't think many people realize how much stuff is on there. I love how simple it is for payroll. It's nice to have all your pay stubs in one place online. Electronic deposits makes everything better.

TriNet review by User in Computer Software

"Awful experiences with TriNet with two employers"

What do you like best?

There is not much. The user interface is aesthetically pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Very glitchy. I have elected benefits and received confirmation of selection and then weeks later have been told that I did not complete benefits selection and had to go thorough a lengthy appeals process to maintain coverage and FSA benefits. At my most recent employer they somehow managed to NOT pay me, even though my banking info was already in the TriNet system and I also signed up with my new employer the first day on the job. Customer service is abysmal; nothing takes less than 45 minutes.

We use is for payroll tracking and benefits management.

TriNet review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"One of worst vendor experiences"

What do you like best?

Very little. Trinet boast many great features that they are unable to deliver in a consistent and reliable way.

What do you dislike?

Trinet drops the ball on almost all the things they say they do best. Constant technology issues, more than 50% of the time they do not get new hires, promotions and 401k set ups correct. The departments do not coordinate well. The client service contact is now our only point of contact (as of this past year's internal re-org) and expected to know everything regardless of the topic ranging from process questions to complicated employee termination issues. The client service staff is overwhelmed. Balls are dropped constantly. The supposed HR expertise is sub-par at best. In the almost 4 years we have been with Trinet, I have wasted endless hours chasing down solutions to chronic issues. I am at the end of my rope. We are currently looking for a new PEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere

none and none

"Decent benefits platform"

What do you like best?

I like the consolidation of my HR needs in one place. They're good at notifications and making sure my benefits and work needs are in order.

What do you dislike?

The UI and UX are not great. The platform just feels very clunky and not very user friendly. At the end of the day, it doesn't feel like an all-in-one platform. The use of space, font size and overall experience feels outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used to work at and use Zenefits, so I got used to the user-friendly experience. Trinet feels very clunky and difficult to navigate. I understand why my company size would use Trinet, but it could use a facelift.

Trinet helps us manage benefits, 401k, commuter benefits and more.

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Easy to use and simple to navigate"

What do you like best?

The portal is straight forward and easy to use. I have used TriNet for various reasons, PTO requests/tracking, benefits, enrollment and also the marketplace. Enrollment was very simple, and I was able to go back and make updates easily. I also love their Market place, which has great discounts, including hotels, shows and certain bills as well.

What do you dislike?

It's really difficult to use on a mobile device. I have tried logging in a few times from my phone for quick and easy access and a mobile-friendly view either doesn't exist or does not work well. I also wish you were able to click on the benefit companies in the portal and be directed to their website OR able to print ID cards and documents directly in TriNet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TriNet is a wonderful HR tool for both the administrator and the users. It helps decrease HR providing information that is easily accessible and also puts the authority in the hands of the employee, rather than HR, especially for benefits and enrollment reminders. As a user, I love having this tool and being able to look up anything I need in minutes.

Time Tracking for PTO purposes.

TriNet review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very Easy & Reliable"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to check my information whether it's when I get paid to how much time paid off I have available.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I can't find an answer to something, I have to contact support. Support is great, but at time it would be great to have the information I need right in my Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to use to make sure your team can see all their information regarding their pay roll, health benefits, paid time off, etc.

I have realized that when using Trinet, I don't really have issues in finding the necessities: paid time off, payroll, holiday, health benefits, etc.

TriNet review by Yoaquim C.
Yoaquim C.

"Was ok before they revamped their site; now, it is way better UX experience."

What do you like best?

That they revamped their entire look and feel.

Before, it was a bit fuzzy navigating all of their options – now they streamlined everything, which is a huge step forward.

What do you dislike?

They still need to improve the integration of some external parts that they rely on – like Commuter Benefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, give it a shot. They were always good at providing HR services, but with their current site revamp, they've stepped up.

Much easier to navigate a whole bunch of features, benefits and everything else. Basically, essential for startups looking to grow.

We can manage all of our HR resources and people problems with Trinet.

TriNet review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Employee - Tracking platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding the information you need quickly - you can research your time off, your earning statements, employee time off and a multitude additional information.

What do you dislike?

Honestly as an end user i have not come across anything that I am unhappy with at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for ease of tracking and reporting in a payroll software and company- I would highly recommend TriNet!

TriNet makes it simple as a supervisor to oversee your employees status, attendance and vacation/sick time requests and history. It also produces a calendar that assists in seeing when employees have scheduled time off for the month.

TriNet review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Legacy client post-public launch - Not happy"

What do you like best?

Our payroll contact is on the ball, helpful, and helps navigate an otherwise unnecessarily adversarial and horribly bureaucratic back office.

What do you dislike?

Our primary concern has been the rapidly declining ROI on our service fee to the service we get for that fee. Customized client service items have been declining to flat out disappearing steadily over the last 4 years since the merger with SOI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all aspects of a company's reputation. Most notably, their ethics and morals in how they treat companies they acquire or ways that they do business. Not their taglines. Their culture.

The major draw to a PEO is the all-in-one solutions for non-revenue generating portions of a business that are required to manage employees. The issue becomes, when any instance or item that you need TriNet to assist you with is "outside their pre-defined box", you are pushed to a self-serve platform or worse, told to consult any number of additional experts (tax attorney, employment attorney, etc..) If that is the solution, then the all-in-one trusted vendor platform doesn't really pass the sanity check.

TriNet review by Jim L.
Jim L.

"Great PEO"

What do you like best?

I highly recommend TriNet for anyone exploring engaging a PEO provider. They make forecasting extremely easy, they have a fantastic network of healthcare plans at an affordable rate and a great implementation/support team.

What do you dislike?

Interface is still a little clunky, but not nearly as bad as ADP or Paychex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product and I highly recommend using it.

Human Resources Management.

TriNet review by Jim H.
Jim H.

"I have been using TriNet Expense for years"

What do you like best?

I have used this product connected directly to accounting systems and stand alone. I have used it for preparing invoices for clients and creating expense reports for reimbursement. I have recommended it to clients and implemented it for them. The team is responsive to customer request and the product continually improves.

What do you dislike?

I would really like if downloaded credit card transactions had a "matching" screen to already submitted expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate it as closely and tightly as possible. Consider true cost reduction by understanding hours/days of savings and removing FTE from your budget.

Living abroad in Europe for 6 months, TriNet Expense allowed me immediate access to credit card statements, and automatically did currency conversions facilitating rapid preparation of invoicing from WHEREVER I was. I not only benefitted, but, at this point, can't imagine not having this tool in my belt.

"User-friendly HR tool"

What do you like best?

The platforms UI is very easy to navigate- employees have accessibility to everything they need to see HR related- payroll, benefits, vacation calendar, PTO and time accrued.

What do you dislike?

Can take a while to load at times- otherwise everything else is satisfactory as a user.

Easy to use for employees and admins can easily adjust information in one place for employees. This platform makes it easy and quick to schedule PTO, see vacation calendars, opt-in for benefits and select plans and give a detailed overview of pay out information.

TriNet review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Sales Exec Expense Experience"

What do you like best?

The system is pretty straightforward overall. I think the interface is fairly intuitive for firs-time users and I have relatively easy access to previous records. Also, the mobile interface makes life a lot easier by being able to save your receipts on the go. I had no issues whatsoever in submitting bank credentials and seeing subsequent reimbursement. Though it's relatively minor, I did enjoy being able to quickly duplicate my expense details and found that it saved me a lot of time in the long-run.

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to print a line item summary of my approved reports. The report overview is great but when I needed to print a summary of my line item expenses, it required a little more work and having to print the whole webpage vs. a printable view.

I'd like to see expense details included in the approved report summary window. When I would look to go back and pull specific reports, I would have to click into each expense report number to see what the report actually was. Would be more convenient for that window to include total spend for the report and range dates of expenses submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and is extremely easy to pick up on first time use.

Trying to streamline hours committed to submitting expenses. It is just as important to have a great expense policy as it is a system for reducing resources spent on expensing.

TriNet review by Chandler L.
Chandler L.

"Functional, but slightly confusing to first time users"

What do you like best?

I like the overview the best. It gives a great representation of what the user needs to know, but not too much. It show a summary of the reports the user has started or submitted, as well as the amount of money in unsubmitted and submitted expenses. The large icon options are easy to read and straight forward. I will say however, that every time I look at the New Expense icon it reminds me of toilet paper, and I just cant look at it without laughing a little. I also like the analytics screen. Even thought I havnt submitted too many expenses, I can see how in the future this would be helpful and useful in seeing what I may have done in the past.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the slight learning curve. Its not necessarily straight forward how to actually submit an expense. Help was informative, but I still had to ask the HR lady when starting my first expense. I could not find, however small it needs to be, tutorial instructing users how to create an expense report. This might make sense for people who have created expense reports in the past, but for me as a first time expense reporter, I did not understand how to navigate my first expense report. Maybe a small, short, couple minutes long video tutorial, showing the expense screen with a person moving the mouse explaining how to submit their first report. Another small thing I noticed is when uploading receipts, there was not a drag and drop option. This is not really a necessity or anything near a problem, is just may be a cool feature to add in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trinet Expense is a very functional product. Using the product will achieve the goals it was created for. The user interface is straight forward and menu items make sense. Slight learning curve, but not enough to discourage users. Very nice product.

This product solves mainly expense reporting for our company. Using Trinet Expense we are able to keep track of our trips and expenses on those trips without hard copies of receipts and papers. We can all upload our time, travel, receipts, and other expenses digitally and track the entire trip. Trinet Expense, as far as I can tell, has taken a big load off of the HR team and made it quite simple to track employees trips and expenses.

TriNet review by Administrator

"Keeps getting worst"

What do you like best?

They give you access to affordable group health premiums and low 401k fund management fees.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything.

Multiple payroll mistakes. Wrong amount deducted for employee 401k contribution.

Poorly trained customer service associates. Often times they don't understand the problem.

Many layers in company make it difficult to get answers and get things done. Primary contact has very little actual ability to answer questions or do anything for you.

The website has many issues that don't seem to get corrected. It is also difficult to use.

Unnecessarily difficult to get information and reports.

Trying to obtain information for tax filing.

It has solved our health insurance problem but unfortunately created many more problems.

TriNet review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"TriNet allows me to submit my expenses"

What do you like best?

I like that TriNet connects with my credit card and allows me to post expenses in different currencies. The categories for the type of expenses are helpful to let my CFO understand the nature of the expense. The website and app are also fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I've had a couple of experiences where the app doesn't update correctly or switches currencies when I'm posting an expense. 200 INR and 200 USD are very different and it is frustrating when it does these things and sometimes expenses post twice. I wish there was an option to input distance. I've also had to manually refresh my credit card connection with TriNet. I wish it would seamlessly connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't explored other expense applications but I would consider finding an app that seamlessly connects to your credit card and doesn't randomly quit or post expenses twice. I only use this application for expenses so it may be great at logging time or other functions. Overall, I would recommend this application because it does everything I need it to do.

It is helpful to connect TriNet with my credit card because it saves me time of inputting each individual expense either on the app or on a separate computer file. I'm thankful that TriNet sends my full expenses report to my CFO and that my CFO has easy access to it. The biggest benefit is that TriNet saves me time each month.

TriNet review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"TriNet for work needs "

What do you like best?

I like the user friendly platform. I also enjoy that all of my work paycheck and benefits information is in one easy to use place. Lastly, I enjoy the added discounts for its users.

What do you dislike?

It’s not user friendly on a smartphone. To use its features and navigate you are better off using a desktop. However, for most users this is an inconvenience.

I get my paycheck as well as Benifit information from TriNet

TriNet review by Kelly Anne K.
Kelly Anne K.

"Semi-Easy But Not Super Organized"

What do you like best?

It's colorful and it keeps me updated on what stage my expense is currently in. I like that we can send what looks like an email of our report when we submit it with explanations in the body. -- That is very user friendly. I like TriNet Passport too but that's completely different, right? IDK if that's clear...

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I used Concur before TriNet Expense so perhaps I'm still a little more used to their methods but I did think they came off as slightly more organized. It's a little backwards to add expenses then add them to a report. At least in my own opinion. I prefer to create a report first THEN add expenses and TriNet just doesn't look as organized from the user facing side. There are almost too many options on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure you are heading in the right direction just for asking for feedback from ALL types of users, not just admins or executives. Good on you!

Expenses from work related travel and purchases. I don't think this question is clear -- What benefits have I realized? That I can get paid back for my work related travel and purchases??

TriNet review by Russell T.
Russell T.

"Easy and reliable!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is relatively easy to find within the home page. everything is labeled appropriately. after working with other companies ive realized that trying to find all of your information is very time consuming and also a very long and drawn out process. Trinet has everything i need and also makes thins very easy as far as needing login info. I love that i can just use my social security number instead of having to memorize a new login.

What do you dislike?

I have been having issues connecting my account to the mobile app. As well as the mobile expense system. When i try to access my mobile information it often shoots the information back at me and says that its wrong. When i go to change the account information like the password it again tells me that the information could not be found and will not work for me. It seems like a somewhat frustrating loop that does not have any good Q&A behind it to help users connect. Having a mobile app is also something i never had with any other job and I feel like this would be a HUGE thing to put in the likes section!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to this system asap. It gives you everything you need and a really good system

Any account information i can quickly access without having to make a phone call! everything i need is at my fingertips

TriNet review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"cloud based - good for a small but growing business"

What do you like best?

System is cloud based which is great for a growing small business. The ability to upload photos of receipts saves us from the "shoebox" method of receipt collection. Admin approver can use app to approve - and it's much better to download into quickbooks rather than input manually.

What do you dislike?

The ability to download data into quickbooks can only be done one expense report at a time. It took us quite some time to get set up. I would think that you could have a total dollar amount of the reports pending review area - but doesn't appear to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand that each report will need to be downloaded individually into accounting software like quickbooks. If you have 25 or more reports, it's going to take a while...

Younger employee base demands a mobile, easy to use, efficient expense reimbursement done through cloud where all other systems for employees are housed currently

TriNet review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Things that I liked: 1) the set-up was straightforward and easy to follow and took less time than other Apps that I have reviewed, 2) the pop-up help screen was a big advantage in knowing how to set-up the program, 3) the mobile Android App worked very well and has multiple icons for the various expense types that would normally be submitted and the ability to take a photo of receipts worked great, 4) the download from a credit card account was very easy to sync, 5) the approval process, as well as the approver rejecting a report, worked seamlessly, and 6) the expenses easily exported to QuickBooks to create reimbursement checks.

Overall the software has an ease of use combined with a robust features to meet and exceed all of your expectations.

What do you dislike?

A few items to watch for: 1) the exporting to QuickBooks is not easily viewed when first used - you need to choose a drop down box when the report is approved - but once you've done it the first time it is not a problem, 2) when exporting to QuickBooks on a report that has multiple items and expense categories you need to choose the multiple line option - I would recommend not even having the single line line option, and 3) I didn't see where you could use items, rather than expenses, on expenses that are billed to clients/customers.

One streamlined version for handling expenses, no longer losing receipts thanks to the android application, and faster expense checks due to the ease of use to submit.

TriNet review by Kevin C.
Kevin C.

"TriNet Expense is easy to use and effective!"

What do you like best?

TriNet Expense has a very clean, modern, user-friendly interface. The convenient dashboard on the front page gives you lots of important information at a glance and is probably my favorite feature. TriNet Expense makes submitting expenses very quick and easy and it makes the approval process easy as well. The ability to upload scans of receipts is great as well as it eliminates the need for messy filing and saving of hardcopies.

What do you dislike?

Lots of options and sections can make it a bit overwhelming for first-time users. However, TriNet Expense came with a very easy-to-follow training guide that made the process very easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure training guides are readily available for all first-time users.

TriNet Expense helps manage all expense-related issues with our company. It streamlines the process and eliminates messy backlogs and relieves workload for our finance team.

TriNet review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Outstanding HR and Payroll Provider "

What do you like best?

TriNet takes the guesswork out of payroll processing, benefits administration, and HR compliance for our business. They are our trusted advisers for all things employee-related, and they continually provide efficient, knowledgeable, and high-quality support.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times in which a Client Services Representative was unable to answer a particular question or was delayed in responding to a request, but overall, TriNet's customer support is excellent.

TriNet provides efficient new-hire paper work processing, easy-to-navigate benefit selection for our employees, and accurate payroll administration. We have gained a multitude of benefits through our partnership with TriNet. Our employees are extremely satisfied with the health benefits TriNet offers, as well as the information and resources available on TriNet Passport, which include commuter benefits, 401k plans, earnings statements, PTO tracking, and more. Also, the reports they provide on payroll and employee costs have helped us to effectively prepare budgets and plan for our future growth.

TriNet review by Jacqueline C.
Jacqueline C.

"User experience of TriNet HR Passport"

What do you like best?

I love being able to review my paystubs, W2s and update information online. I also love TriNet perks and check it often for deals! It's simple, quick and easy to find information regarding my employment on my own. The health and wellness resources are great as well. There are many resources and discounts available to met through TriNet that would not be available to me if my company had their own HR department.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint is that the hours for paid time off are incorrect in the system. This caused me to take more time off than I actually had available and be in debt to my company of those hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's a wonderful resource for your employees and overall a benefit for the company to outsource the human resources department.

It's a huge convenience and time saver for me to be able to find or change information related to my employment and insurance information on my own rather than submitting a request to our accounting department. It also saves time for them as well.

TriNet review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Frictionless performance on a desktop or mobile app"

What do you like best?

I do most of my expense reports while I am on the go, so the mobile application is very helpful. I can simply take a picture of my recent, attach it to the appropriate expense and move on.

Additionally, since I am also responsible for approving my team's expense reports the usability of the desktop application is important as well. The good news is, I find that user experience just as seamless as the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app crashes from time to time. I've never lost any data, but it's annoying to have to re-enter an expense.

I primarily use the program to submit and approve expense reports. The software enables me to centralize and store my receipts and reports in one spot. Compare to the submitting paper receipts and using excel, this is a much better option.

TriNet review by Bob R.
Bob R.

"Not just HR software, a strategic advantage"

What do you like best?

TriNet helped us (DWA) modernize our HR to compete with the top advertising holding companies. TriNet’s cloud-based solutions completely eliminate all paperwork and manual effort. This has allowed us more time to provide employees the real-time tools they need to support their lives. We have used the system for the last 3 years and believe it to be one of our strategic advantages in competing for employees, running an efficient business, and planning our future.

Finally, as user, I have the ability to compare the system and process to other HR solutions I have used in the past TriNet is best-in-class. I find the access to information easy to find, and processing benefit requests for a family of 4 has always been very simple. And, I know, TriNet is just a call away to help assist with any complicated questions.

TriNet is clearly one of our strategic partners, and personally I truly value them as my HR provider.

What do you dislike?

TriNet is faced with similar new health care regulations that small businesses could avoid; however, the advantages far out way the cost of some of the regulations for most employers. TriNet has helped our team truly understand what are options are, and they have also helped us plan for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended TriNet to several other agencies in the US. They have all experienced similar benefits in providing employees a level of HR support far beyond what their status quo had been as small or mid-sized agencies. A perfect solution for businesses from 10-250 employees.

Improved employee retention - significant improvement in last 3 years (20-25%)

Scale - limited internal resource requirement by at least $70-100K

Cost savings with better benefits - provide full coverage for employees at less than the cost of prior HR broker basis.

TriNet review by Kathy Rogers M.
Kathy Rogers M.

"Great company in an ever-crowded field"

What do you like best?

The top three benefits of working with TriNet Passport are:

1) the professionalism and experience level of their team members that support our business

2) the wide range of benefit plans that are available so that each of our employees can find the right fit

3) the fixed cost per employee administrative fee and no-hidden-costs invoice

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times in which growth and the subsequent internal reorganization at TriNet has required they scramble our support team and I am no longer assigned to the Customer Service Representative and/or Human Capital Consultant that I have come to rely upon for our support needs. However, for the most part, the new relationship has been just as successful as the former, and as such my network within TriNet expands which has been a benefit on more than one occassion. It is just the surprise when the announcement comes, and the short-term impact of change, that causes some minimal angst when it happens.

Small business has always struggled with providing competitive benefits packages, handling payroll transactions and reporting and understanding employment law and other HR requirements. TriNet is our partner that focuses on those issues for us, so that we can in turn take care of state and local tax issues for our clients.

TriNet review by Carlos A.
Carlos A.

"Good Experience working on implementing."

What do you like best?

I like the look and feel of the program, simple work flow, not a ton of menus. I love the Round Trip option for mileage, it is such an overlooked thing that makes life nice. I like the time entry is not only a timer, but you can manually enter time, when i am at a clients the last thing i think about is turning the timer on. Well thought out lay out for the Ipad.

What do you dislike?

It did crash on me a couple times on the ipad. but seems to be OK now.

Time and billing for one person business is essential and should be as easy to keep track of as possible and this seems to be fitting the mark still testing but i might be switching over to it full time versus my last online solution.

TriNet review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Instant HR and Benefits"

What do you like best?

In under and hour of work, my new company had payroll, an excellent benefit package and an on-demand HR team to help us out as we started our journey to become a legendary business.

What I like best? Well... frankly, it all just works and I don't ever think about TriNet or dealing with benefits and payroll.

Plus, our account manager, Laurie Anglin has been a great support when we need it.

What do you dislike?

TriNet's focus of course is HR, and part of HR is compliance. In order to help us 'comply', we seem to often get some very ugly posters in the mail to hang in our office.

Spiro is a start-up company, that began in June of this year. We use TriNet to provide payroll and benefits to our employees. Without TriNet we would probably needed to hire someone to help us manage this.

TriNet review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Would be better if we weren't growing so fast"

What do you like best?

It's nice to have payroll and benefits in place. When we were smaller it was great having a dedicated person to help with any issues that we had. Our contact was very responsive.

What do you dislike?

As we continue to grow we have been moved to a different point of contact more than once. This causes problems when there are issues that TriNet is taking a long time to resolve. There have been times where everything has to be restated to a new contact because they don't seem to have the correct information when they take over. There can be errors in payroll that I end up finding when going through reports and have to figure out a way to fix moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a growing company this probably isn't the product for you. It works better for small companies that aren't planning on growing a lot and adding new employees every other week.

It's nice to have employee information in one location but it can be hard to find certain things if you are looking for specific data. It seems like they purposely make it difficult to find certain information.

TriNet review by Allison B. F.
Allison B. F.

"TriNet Expense"

What do you like best?

it is an easy tool to use to submit expenses and to process payment with the TriNet integration.

What do you dislike?

We have had a few issues with the credit card integrations. We've contacted customer support who has resolved the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product for businesses who have employees that travel a lot. The tool allows the employee to separate their trips and submit quickly. I appreciate the ability to snap a picture of a receipt with my cell phone and email it to TriNet expense, the receipt is there when i am ready to submit my report.

We are solving the issue of each employee needing to create their own expense report. The process has been streamlined for employees who have been resistant to submitting manually created expense report.

TriNet review by Dave E.
Dave E.

"Makes T&E reports fast & easy"

What do you like best?

Click a photo of your receipt, on the fly, on the plane. Select & upload. Very simple very fast. The whole system is just quick and easy. Tracking approvals is also really nice. Easy to see if it's on hold. The help desk is excellent. Ran into a few bugs over the past year - they fixed em fast.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few bugs with uploading receipts. The mobile app is super, but has had some cliches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you'll like it. It's simple to get started and just works so you don't have to mess with admin any more than is needed.

Getting the admin out of the way fast. Save's time the hassle of getting reimbursed.

TriNet review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Great product and excellent customer service!"

What do you like best?

The automatic link to our corporate cards is a great feature. The ability to upload receipts by email and have them easily available makes the process easy.

We have had personalized service to help us with any issues and customization that we needed.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions are not intuitive, but once you learn how to use them, they add to the ease of using TriNet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product meets our needs well. We have had great customer service from TriNet in helping us customize the system to our needs.

We use the system to standardize employee expense reporting process plus importing into our General Ledger and Payables.

The amount of time needed to enter the data has tremendously been reduced.

TriNet review by Hendel L.
Hendel L.

"Tri-Net Expense Review "

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which Tri-net allows the user to interact with the interface, it is user-friendly. This is a much better way of submitting expense reports than what I tend to be used to. I'm definitely excited to continue exploring and learning how to use this tool, as it is a brand new way I've discovered.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I can say that I don't like, I'd say it is pretty great. One thing that I would recommend is making the user website a lot more user friendly, it does have a plain user interface, and does have a lot of potential to be able to make it something one looks forward to logging into. Perhaps the drop down menu options can be upgraded to be bigger and more easily accessible. There tends to be a vast difference between the mobile app interface and and website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tri-nett works with ease, it definitely is a great tool and resource that all employers should be implementing.

I've realized that it is easier than submitting expenses regularly by hand, and I really enjoy the ease and convenience. Currently, there aren't many business problems I've ran into with Tri-net, but any problems I've had I've called to the customer service department and my problems were taken care of over the phone and I was very satisfied with the attention to detail and the customer service I received.

TriNet review by Kyle T.
Kyle T.

"Modern, effective, and efficient"

What do you like best?

For me the GUI is spot on, it's clean, not confusing and modern, this makes using TriNet Expense easier due to it being easier on the eye. It also helps reduce the carbon footprint of any establishment as it can be used to produce paperless expense reports. Also the web based interface assists us accessing it from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is an annoying "expense violation" message that I keep getting pop up. No other negative points to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research to see if it will definitely assist you (Although I don't see why it wouldn't)

The problem that we were facing was finding a system that keeps us on track, from payroll to HR. TriNet has provided the solution!

Benefits:

One major benefit for us is the web based system and having the ability to access the system from a smartphone app, allowing staff to access the system from anywhere.

Also tracking time for new and existing projects is of a whole new standard thanks to the system.

TriNet review by Becky P.
Becky P.

"very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The mobile features are great for uploading receipts. Everything is super user friendly and the UI is attractive. The LMS made submitting my first expense a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The system is pretty easy thus far and I haven't had any real dislikes. Its the easier expense tool I've ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My company has LMS modules that take you through the process of adding receipts, creating an expense report, etc. that are very clear. Well worth the time to watch them.

I'm a very new user, I like that I only had to watch a few LMS modules and the system makes sense. I was able to submit an expense report that was then approved without difficulty.

TriNet review by Adam Y.
Adam Y.

"Trinet Expense review"

What do you like best?

When it works it is fairly straight forward.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't work as it should. It doesn't always populate with expense from a credit card and I need to re-add credit cards frequently. Also, if there is a duplicate expense of the same amount (eg. multiple mail shipments of the same type) in one day, it gets confused and only pulls in one of the expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving on the direct imports from credit cards. This is where a lot of my issues come from. Also, keep up the customer support efforts. The fact that I receive a response in an hour or so from when I submit a ticket is great.

Faster more reliable reimbursements to employees. Less paper used.

TriNet review by User

"A wonderful, time-saving online interface for expense tracking."

What do you like best?

I love that the app for the phone syncs with the online interface. I love that I can quickly add new transactions on my phone and snap a picture of the receipt and upload it quickly to my account. When it comes time to submit my monthly expense report, I'm just a few clicks away from having a complete report ready to go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I sometimes have problems getting my credit card to sync appropriately - this makes the use of it not quite as stream-lined as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having a problem, don't hesitate to touch base with the tri-net tech support. They have been helpful for me as I have utilized the service in the past.

I'd also suggest talking with other employees in your company who use this feature to share ideas about how to quickly use the product.

This saves time for me in submitting expenses to my company.

TriNet review by User in Computer Software

"Simple, clean, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Trinet expense is by far the easiest expense application I have ever used. It's UI design is easy to navigate making expense quick to enter. I usually dread entering expenses because I waste a lot of time hunting for the correct buttons; not any more.

What do you dislike?

If I had to really search for something I dislike about Trinet expense, it would be the speed of the site. Navigations seems slower than what we're used to compared to other online apps, but I understand there is a lot of backend processing that I do not see while screens load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Trinet as a quality product that saves time and money.

The major benefits of Trinet are the speed to enter expenses. I do not submit many expenses so I do not want to relearn a difficult system. Trinet have offered a service that allows to me to quickly submit expenses every time.

TriNet review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Easiest Experience I've Ever Had Doing Expenses"

What do you like best?

Doing my expense reports is usually the most tedious thing I have to do for work. TriNet Expense has been the easiest experience I've ever had getting them done due to features like a great mobile app, importing my credit card records to easily find and enter accurate amounts, and being able to take pictures of my receipts on my smartphone and upload them to be attached to expense items later.

What do you dislike?

The app takes around 15 seconds to sync each new receipt, which is fine if I'm doing one at a time, but when I am doing a big batch I usually have a little downtime between each one where I have to wait for it to finish before I can add the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eco-friendly paperless expenses. Great features to save time like importing credit card info. Very user-friendly: notifications of expense report approval helpful for employees, all past history and reports are available, fully featured mobile app makes adding receipts, expenses, mileage on the go super convenient.

Saving time and my sanity! I used to either lose receipts or end up with a crumpled mess after holding on to them for weeks until the next expense report. But now I can just take a picture right away with my smartphone and upload it to my account, and weeks later when I sit down to put together a report, everything is stored and ready to go.

TriNet review by Rachelle F.
Rachelle F.

"Managing monthly expenses just got a whole lot easier!"

What do you like best?

It is a very user friendly platform that is intuitive. The app available for the phone is equally user friendly. Being able to upload expenses as you go makes is great, and saves me a 2 hour "project": at the end of every month!

What do you dislike?

The initial setup was a little difficult, especially getting the program to sync with the other accounting programs and getting the categories set. I also wish that there was an ability to manage other people's accounts, as in my case I manage the expenses for myself and the CEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As goes for anything, change is hard and the initial set up takes some time to get dialed in. But once you find your groove I think you will be very happy with this product!

Having everything in electronic form in extremely convenient. Once you get in the groove of uploading expenses as you go this tool is a huge time saver.

TriNet review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"TriNet Expense User Review"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate and create new expense reports. Can link to your credit card, so process of outlining expenses is very quick.

What do you dislike?

You cannot reattach a new receipt image once one has been attached. You must delete that expense line and begin again, and reload the receipt image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product that is quite easy to use and upload to. Keeps all company requirements in line well, and user can easily update report to meet all company requirements if any are in violation. Easy to track progress of report from approved or resubmitting with edits or explanations.

Solving issue of having a remote team of users all sending in various packets full of random receipts. Saves accounting personnel a lot of time trying to sift through sales team receipts and categorize. Streamlines the process of expense reports and reimbursement. Easy to track and have all receipts on hand for internal audit purposes.

TriNet review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Horrible customer service and 3rd party processors"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Don't have to create multiple accounts for each card holder

What do you dislike?

Customer service is very slow and the hours are horrible is you live on the East Coast. Since November time frame we keep having issues with their 3rd party credit card processor uploading transactions or linking with our credit card company Capital One

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't live on the west coast, don't expect quick turn around with customer support

We have several project managers with cards, but only one bill, so accounting does all the work, benefits have been slim lately as it is taking me more time as I have to keep uploading missed transactions.

TriNet review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"I have been a user of Trinet for the last 4 years (?) and have grown used to it. "

What do you like best?

I would say it's easy to use, informative and keeps important reminders on track.

What do you dislike?

When looking for something really specific, there tends to be a lot of text everywhere which in certain situations makes overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For smaller companies it's easy to handle, manage. But from previous experience, fast growing companies struggle with the software.

I've been a user of this as a source of both payroll and HR in both my current and previous jobs, and it just has everything I need. Being able to call them and speak with reps for my benefits is very useful as well. I have also used it previously to clock in/ out hours.

TriNet review by Montana L.
Montana L.

"TriNet Review"

What do you like best?

Easy dropdown options and guide to different options and categories on the left. Very clear layout of each paycheck.

What do you dislike?

Unclear medical insurance tracking and guidelines on how or where to contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should have someone walkthrough it with all users.

Able to see travel and health and other benefits at once. Easy payment tracking.

TriNet review by Luke B.
Luke B.

"Efficient, however, the technology is a little outdated. "

What do you like best?

The best asset of Trinet is the ability to link your boss or financial advisor to whom you are submitting the reports. It is quick and easy. The simplicity behind the operating service I am grateful for.

What do you dislike?

The webpage and site seem old school. There are even better ways to create a simple layout but have it look more professional and upgraded. The home screen seems bland when there could be creativity to the process to add appeal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you begin to test the site and project you will definitely love it. Give it time to grow on you and the simplicity of Trinet will make it worth your time by saving your time.

There are several different situations when I need to be reimbursed for expenses. While I am on-the-go the app allows for me to update expenses wherever I may be.

TriNet review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"Great outsourced HR option"

What do you like best?

As a start-up, where I wear 10 different hats, TriNet is an amazing partner in making my life simpler - for a great price (in both absolute terms as well as relative to other outsourced HR providers)

What do you dislike?

Once things are setup, they are great...but initial on-boarding, special requests, and 'high touch' needs (while very infrequent) are a bit of a pain and often require the 'squeaky wheel' approach (although the customer service reps are VERY nice)

TriNet allows my to put my HR, payroll, insurance, and other routine employee related activities on auto-pilot! This frees up time to focus on the business while ensuring that things get done on time and on budget.

TriNet review by Deborah(Debbie) N.
Deborah(Debbie) N.

"Trinet Partnership"

What do you like best?

We have several of our companies aligned with TriNet and we are extremely satisfied with the benefits and support we receive. The website is very user friendly and we have access to all the information we need from TriNet to run our business efficiently. The Trinet staff are very knowledgeable and the communication we receive is a huge benefit making sure we have everything completed timely and are in compliance.. Trinet also has great training opportunities we can use for our employees. I have worked with different H R companies over the years and TriNet by far is the most professional, efficient and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that we have found that we dislike.

We have several long standing businesses and we have started several new businesses using Trinet as our HR partner. With the laws every changing and having to hire additional employees, Trinet has been instrumental in helping us expand our business making sure we have met all the necessary H.R. requirements and benefits for our employees. Because of the knowledge their staff has we have received many benefits that have saved us time and money.

TriNet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A terrible disgrace"

What do you like best?

there is pretty much nothing I like on Trinet.

What do you dislike?

The nightmare start on the website. the login almost never works and force me every single time to login with my social security number which I hate. Not to mention the mobile app. There is no easy way to search for documents. The search in the left menu is only for menu voices, terrible interface. There is no easy access to any notifications. Half website is stylized in a certain way,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please don't use.

none.

TriNet review by Brandon F.
Brandon F.

"Consolidated "HR everything""

What do you like best?

Easily consolidates everything from an HR perspective. We can download earnings statements, copies of W-2s, gain information about and change our healthcare policies, and basically anything else we want to do from that side of the house.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if it were combined with TriNet Expense...other than that no complaints yet

Makes it easy for employees to have a centralized hub for all things HR related

TriNet review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Great experience with the right people"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the website. Everything all in one place: benefits, timecards, and employee discounts.

What do you dislike?

Some of the stipulations and communication between HR from company and customer service can be very hard.

We are solving the issue of having benefits separate. Having everything and all the Human resources coordination together in one place has been an issue in the past.

"Overall easy to use "

What do you like best?

Lots of options for medical/dental/etc. Trinet marketplace is a great perk for employees as well. Helpful customer service.

What do you dislike?

Still getting used to the new Beta (even though it is a more modern interface)

Great to have benefits and paychecks consolidated in one location. Easy access to paychecks and PTO.

TriNet review by Sara T.
Sara T.

"TriNet Expense is a solid source of HR resources for businesses"

What do you like best?

The process of creating an expense report is relatively straight forward. For additional HR needs, TriNet Expense is a good at providing information on Paid Time Off, and vacation days. The request and approval process works well.

What do you dislike?

The process is time consuming and uploading receipts typically takes more time than I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a commonly used service that I've seen used by many companies. It appears to work well, and provide the services that many younger companies without built in HR departments are lacking.

TriNet Expense allows all employees at our distributed company to submit expense reports when needed.

TriNet review by Cole B.
Cole B.

"Use it for my job to keep track of business related expenses. It has treated me well."

What do you like best?

That it has an app which easily allows me to add expenses on the go. Then at the end of the month I can get online and check everything, making sure its all accurate, before submitting it to my company.

What do you dislike?

Frequently at the end of the month I get on and it has between 2 and 25 entries of the same thing? I then have to go through and manually delete all of these except for one and that is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good.

It also links your credit card if you desire, and that is a huge plus as well. I have just realized its easier to be accountable with the money you spend for the company, as well as not having to save tons of receipts to be manually poured over by someone.

TriNet review by Tien L.
Tien L.

"Ok App"

What do you like best?

Employees are able to use mobile app to submit their expenses. Company will be able to assign approvers.

What do you dislike?

trinet does not sync properly with citi card. Do not know about other credit card companies, but hopefully trinet will resolve the integration problem we have with citi card.

Secondly, it is hard to get hold of trinet support via phone. Easiest way is to contact them via email, you will have responses quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

faster reimbursement processing. Haven't realized any benefits.

TriNet review by Meghan L.
Meghan L.

"Good for managing outsourced providers and great customer support"

What do you like best?

Customer support has been wonderful. I also appreciate having one platform that brings together all of my benefits from various companies. Mobile is terrific.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a disconnect between providers related to support.

Selecting the best benefit providers but providing a seamless experience for users.

TriNet review by Leo J.
Leo J.

"Peace of mind and complete professionalism"

What do you like best?

We have been with Trinet for years. We made a huge mistake by switching to ADP one year and we will never make that mistake again. Trinet provides a huge peace of mind for our company and they are very quick to respond to our needs and requests. We have enjoyed working with Trinet. They are professional and always a pleasure to work with. Our reps are always available to answer questions and proactively reach out to us when needed.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of one thing I dislike about Trinet.

Great benefits, good pricing, excellent service.

TriNet review by Administrator

"TRINET SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD"

What do you like best?

This is a straightforward platform, easy to use and navigate. Legible and provides professional quality payroll information

What do you dislike?

Overall I found this program to be very competent and user friendly. I am very pleased with the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent product, intelligent and thorough

Payroll for multiple employees

TriNet review by Courtney M.
Courtney M.

"Account Manager"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, i like the amount of healthcare options available because its a PPO and their coupon/marketplace is pretty cool too.

What do you dislike?

When you are looking for something specific sometimes the navigation is a little confusing.

Great PPO and the options for Healthcare are really wide which employees should have.

TriNet review by VINCENT D.
VINCENT D.

"Tri-net Paperless Process"

What do you like best?

With Tri-Net Expense out Consultants on the road can easily track their expenses on the go using the mobile app, keep receipts electronically and sync expenses from their credit cards.

They submit their expenses online for review and approval removing the reliance on the postal system and shorting the turnaround time for reimbursing the employee.

What do you dislike?

It shortens the employees reimbursement time expectation so employees have lagged in submitting since they know how quickly they reimbursement will get back to them.

Because of the direct integration of TriNet Expense with Intacct accounting, expense reports now sync with the AR system, Project Accounting as well as the A/P system. Not only are consultants paid quickly and efficiently, but also all client costs are captured, tracked, and coded so Prairie Capital can bill clients efficiently and monitor real time project profitability

TriNet review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Mixed Review"

What do you like best?

Solves needing to submit receipts, easy to say what certain expenses are for

What do you dislike?

Over the past year - I have had to delete and resync a credit card account several time. Whether this is TriNet or the credit-card / bank's problem - this has been annoying. Would like to be able to auto set up recurring expenses and what projects they go to. I think our accountant can do this but why not the users, otherwise I have to make the same edits each month to specify the same expense projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to be aware of sync issues

Does what you need it to (other than sync issues every few months)

Needs some new features for automations of tagging expenses

Save time, take administrative work off my plate.

TriNet review by Kevin O.
Kevin O.

"TriNet Expense"

What do you like best?

TriNet provides great workflow from user to approver. It also connects very well with QBO.

What do you dislike?

The recurring expenses has limited functionality and it sometimes doesn't take. Additionally, I would like the integration with QBO to send actual dates instead of just the one date I submit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure that it integrates with the accounting system that you are using. TriNet will say that it will, but make sure that it actually does prior to switching.

We are trying to streamline our HR processes. We have better recordkeeping.

TriNet review by Shelby K.
Shelby K.

"It was a little hard to figure out at first, but then I got the hang of it."

What do you like best?

The functionality. I like being able to submit my expenses and see their statuses. I like that it is clearly displayed and actually functions like it is supposed to. It seems organized.

What do you dislike?

I think that the user experience could be better. My first time filling out this form, it was not clear where I was supposed to enter information, and I kept getting red errors when I had in fact included them. My finance department told me I manipulated a part only they were supposed to...things like that clearly stated would increase the positive user experience hugely.

Automation is being solved and it's great for a scaling business like ours. Less time is taken out of finances days when we can do this on our own.

TriNet review by Deanna F.
Deanna F.

"Positive Experience with TriNet"

What do you like best?

I like that all my company expenses are located in one place for easy and efficient access whenever I may need to modify them. Submitting expense reports to my boss is now a breeze and I receive a notification when the report has been approved.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you are unable to link the receipt image as you are editing the details but rather it is a second step.

All my expenses are managed in one location with an easy credit card uploading feature.

TriNet review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"TriNet Expense"

What do you like best?

One of the main things that I like about TriNet is that it syncs with Intacct. This saved us a lot of time and created a nice flow for our financials.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have any issues with TriNet. The only thing I can think of is it would be nice to be able to do a batch sync over to Intacct instead of one by one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it covers the needs for expenses and the support team has always been very helpful.

The client wanted to be able to have a mobile expense product so they could scan their expenses when they are on the road. We also wanted something that would sync with the accounting system.

TriNet review by Oscar C.
Oscar C.

"easy and helpfull"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly, the Customer service is fast and helpfull, i wrotte them in the morning and by the evening i had a reply to solve my problem.

What do you dislike?

linking the photos from the website, is sometimes slow, but syncing it with the cel application gets better

Recommendations to others considering the product

friendly user and great to keep track of expenses

i used this for expense account, it is very easy to keep track of your expenses, your mileage, the dates and projects you have used.

TriNet review by John L.
John L.

"Easy to use, great experience "

What do you like best?

User Friendly Interface

Easy integration with 3rd party software

Easy uploading receipts

Human resources made east

What do you dislike?

Mobile App can be slow at times

App can crash at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must to try. IF you doubt the software, they have a free trial. Give it a whirl

We have been trying to integrate some aspects of our human resource aspects into an easy interface. Trinet expense has helped us achieve most of what we were trying to do

TriNet review by Devin M.
Devin M.

"TriNet Review"

What do you like best?

The dedicated staff to assist and the extensive benefits tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes glitchy and would like better reporting ability.

We needed a benefits provider and an employee management system. TriNet help our small business in a huge way with benefits as well as employee tracking, but could use better reporting ability.

TriNet review by Jeff K.
Jeff K.

"Very effective expense tracking site"

What do you like best?

My company only pays a partial mileage. The site allows me to keep track on my own for tax time. It also allows me to incorporate alternate business expenses which relate to my own self employment outside the company realm.

What do you dislike?

I've been out of touch with the app for several months due to illness but it seems as though the changes which have been made will take some time getting used to.

Tax mileage tracking. Alternative business expense tracking.

TriNet review by Bob C.
Bob C.

"So 2015"

What do you like best?

TriNet Expense removes all the hassle of paper receipts; fire up your smartphone camera and upload receipts. Super-easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific... there are times when the upload of a receipt takes awhile, but that's probably a network or wifi issue more than TriNet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd say go for it... very 2015... leave the photocopy of receipts and staples behind!

Approving expense reports is a significant time save... easy to see attached receipts, easy to add comments and it's all managed via e-mail.

"Easy to use Trinet"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, user-friendly, quick to load

What do you dislike?

If you log in to the app, it doesn't let you clock-in and doesn't show the time and attendance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and organized information.

Managing time and attendance, pay, and vacation.

TriNet review by Ximeng (Simon) Y.
Ximeng (Simon) Y.

"So far pretty good app / web experience"

What do you like best?

The fact that you the iOS app and website sync instantly, you can see all your changes as soon as your sync the data from the app

What do you dislike?

The reports and expenses interaction isn't well flushed out, You can't assign expenses automatically to a report

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended due to the app in iOS

just getting expenses in as soon as they are realized so that you don't have a giant pile to do once you're done with business travel

TriNet review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"beneficial for my work "

What do you like best?

I love knowing that I can get reimbursed through my company this way. It's easy, and rewarding. I've never had any issues in the 4 years I've been using it.

What do you dislike?

If I'm entering mileage, I use my computer. If I'm entering anything else, I can use my app. I might be using it wrong, but it seems like the mileage part could be more user friendly on the app for non tech savy people like me.

I used to have to fill out a numbers/excel file each month to my company. It was more work on me, and I'm sure it was more work on them. I'm grateful to not have to do that anymore.

TriNet review by User in Computer Software

"Like banging my head against a brick wall"

What do you like best?

It clearly shows who is in my approval chain and sends email alerts

What do you dislike?

It cannot cope with complexity. It would work OK for US companies, who all get their expenses paid in the same currency, and company reports are in the same currency. It has literally taken me a full day to submit my expenses in a way that TriNet can recognize. NEVER BUY THIS SOFTWARE.a

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't

Frankly I do not know.

TriNet review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Most Efficient Expense Tool Ever"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use an app from my iPhone to take pictures of my receipts and the system will automatically save them in my profile until I'm ready to create and submit my expense reports. This saves me so much time!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend TriNet Expense to other companies looking to improve their internal process and make expense submissions easier and more efficient for their employees. This honestly is the easiest system I've ever used.

Being able to take pictures of receipts eliminates the potential for lost records or delayed submission. This helps me get reimbursed quicker without all the paperwork.

TriNet review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very easy to use. "

What do you like best?

I like that the website has everything I need all in one place and that it's really easy to use. Everything is in one place, which is really user friendly. It's super easy to use when I know that I need to do something quickly and easily. I like when things are user friendly so that I can get things done quickly and this dashboard setup allows me to do that.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the site can seem a little over whelming since there is so much information to look through. I do like that all the information is in one place but it could be organized a little better. The drop down menu labeled "myself has a lot going on and if it was organized a little better I think it wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to use and there is an app for it! I like that I can take pictures of my receipts and submit them easily through the app.

Submitting expense reports and enrolling in benefits for my work. It helps so that I can know all the information for benefits and expense reporting. I like that I can find all my information in one place when I need it and it makes me use my time well when I need to do something quickly.

TriNet review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Ever-Attentive TriNet"

What do you like best?

TriNet is always just a phone call or e-mail away, and their response is immediate. This not only applies to our office/administration questions, but they are also readily available to our employees to answer their questions concerning, their payroll, benefits, etc.. Our consultants (both account service and human capital) are well-trained and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike about TriNet. It is disappointing when one of the consultants (human capitol or account service) is replaced, but understand that they deserve promotions if they are good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality of services from TriNet are exemplary. I have no reason to look elsewhere.

Because the programs are user friendly, a lot of time is saved finding information and inputting information.

TriNet review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Timesheet application review"

What do you like best?

When starting a new timesheet report, the drop down menus provide a simple and effective method to generating a report. It's fairly intuitive and requires minimal instruction.

What do you dislike?

Once the hours are logged in, I would prefer to have on the same page an "Approve" button to make this part of the process much quicker. Saving the timecard and then having to use the top menu drop down to navigate to a separate page to select and approve the appropriate timecard seems like one too many steps.

This is our first attempt at an online timesheet tool at this company. From that perspective, we are managing this business aspect much better.

TriNet review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Don't like"

What do you like best?

it is online and you can add fields to expense reports, such as project and departments. integrates well with quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

the support is really horrible. If you have more than one project within one expense report it does not sync over well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

not good for multiple projects on one expense report.

expense reporting, users being able to upload receipts through their phone and users being able to add foreign currency expense reports.

TriNet review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"TriNet Expense"

What do you like best?

Very Simple to submit and organize all my expenses in one location!

Having access while on the road, from anywhere really makes things easier!

I also like the ability to review past expenses and easily compare to the current listings that I am working on,

Being part of the main Trinet website makes things much easier to organize and access.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more expense classifications.

I would also like to see a an easy way if submitting feedback to developers on possible improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to work with your users to improve the experience!

This has saved me tons of time getting my expenses organized and submitted!

TriNet review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Seamless Expense Tracking"

What do you like best?

1. Seamless app receipt tracking while on the go.

2. Being able to take photos with the mobile app and attach to an expense is great.

3. Quick expense reporting on the fly so that there is no a ton of down time at the end of the month trying to get a report into HR.

What do you dislike?

1. The interface is still blocky and dated looking.

2. When importing credit card statements, it would be nice if there were an option that allowed you to make all items on the statement non-reimbursable until you flag it as an expense.

3. Product should be integrated into TriNet Passport.

4. Product should be free

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you already use TriNet for HR, this product should be seamlessly integrated.

Remove the need for filling out a spreadsheet...forever.

Increase the continuity of reports between departments and individuals.

Seamless integration with payroll.

TriNet review by User in Higher Education

"The only expense platform I've ever used."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature would have to be the ability to leave notes on expense items. So items that I expense require an explanation, etc. so it's nice to be able to provide that extra bit of clarity to our accounting team.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's a web app and not the most friendly to use. I could see myself utilize more if it were an app for all screens, i dont know - thats just me!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do it if you're a small team and can not yet afford to being on someone in HR

We're simply trying to outsource our HR department functions. We are still a young and scrappy company that can not afford to hire another body in house to handle these expenses. We also travel a ton for how small we are so it's nice to have these processes automated.

TriNet review by Avaneesh K.
Avaneesh K.

"Avaneesh"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to choose the best healthcare options for our family and great customer services

What do you dislike?

Up to this point, have not had a bad experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a scalable solution with limited internal resources, it's a great option for any growing business.

consolidated multiple health care option for our company

single point of contact for all healthcare options along with benefit and wellness and HR information at a single consolidated location.

TriNet review by Reuben T.
Reuben T.

"TriNet Expense has been easy to navigate and understand."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the clear cut menu as well as its ability to help you understand what information is missing or where it is supposed to be placed.

What do you dislike?

Initially, I found it difficult to navigate the site if I didn't have an orientation describing how to use the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I realized it is easier to keep track of monthly expenses by inputting the data into TriNet Expense.

TriNet review by Boyd D.
Boyd D.

"It has been a useful and easy way for me to track my business expenses and get then submitted quickl"

What do you like best?

I like that i can easily add my receipts using the drag and drop.

What do you dislike?

Id rather not have to remember yet another login to get my business done but such is the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate it against other products on the market from a users standpoint not simply from a cost analysis.

Getting expenses paid promptly is always a struggle and this helps to streamline the process.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Desktop, Mobile... Easy"

What do you like best?

Trinet expense is very easy to use and very intuitive. I have used many other types of expense reporting and Trinet Expense beats them all by a mile.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app needs a little work: the shortcut links at the bottom do not always do the same thing. I understand that when you select the "+" button in certain screens it does different things... this is not standard in my experience and can be slightly confusing.

Saving time while traveling is my best use case. Allows me to be more productive while at work rather than messing around with work expenses