TriNet

TriNet is a strategic partner to small and medium-sized businesses for HR, payroll, employee benefits, employment law compliance and risk mitigation. TriNet provides three bundled HR products tailored to specific industries. Each bundled HR product includes their core services: payroll, benefits, risk & compliance, an HR team and cloud platform

Work for TriNet?

Learning about TriNet?

TriNet Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 181 TriNet reviews
TriNet review by <span>Antonia C.</span>
Antonia C.

"trinet is EXTREMELY helpful "

What do you like best?

I like that I no longer have to depend on an HR person to get answers because in my experience they don't always tell you the right thing. Trinet puts everything in one place and explains everything in detail. I also really hate paperwork and Trinet makes paperwork obsolete. I can compare health plans with a few clicks and it gives me reminders and updates about tax and healthcare changes and when to enroll.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes It can take a while to get an answer to a question via email and as far as I know there is no chat feature. I also dislike that my W2 says "TriNet" on it instead of the name of my company. They explained why but its still strange.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their phone customer service is faster to get an answer but they people on the phone don't always seem to be so knowledgeable. I know HR is very broad but still it seems like I am put on hold a lot while they find an answer.

We do not have an HR person at my company so we use TRiNet to outsource this job. We realize that it saves us money in the long run by not having to hire someone for this position.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TriNet
TriNet review by <span>Heidi M.</span>
Heidi M.

"TriNet does the job"

What do you like best?

It serves its purpose well. It provides an easy on-line way to fill out all your HR forms, look at or download paystubs, change withholding, look at benefits, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are a few times there were emails for discounts, but could not tell if it was worth it to go through the hassle to sign-up. (turbo-tax, verizon, att ,etc) And because we do not use this for expenses and other items, I sometimes log in here and do not find what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is better than Paychex (used at last company - esp since that is only paystubs and not benefits)

It's an HR system that gives paystubs and manages benefits. It''s great to have 1 website to go to for both. My company does not take advantage of all of the features (such as using it for expense reports, company directory or logging time) but all the features that we do use (hoidays, paystubs, benefits, etc) work great.

What Core HR solution do you use?

TriNet review by User in Internet

"Payroll and PTO features are good, but FSA function is immature"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access my pay stubs and my W2 form.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get FSA expenses approved. They require a Letter of Medical Necessity for things that don't even make sense (like mileage and tolls). And when you do get the letter, your claim may still get rejected if they miscategorized your item (for example, categorizing it as "OTC" instead of supplement) which would allow them to ask for a prescription from your doctor for documentation. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to get any single FSA item approved through Trinet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TriNet's payroll function seems to be a good product for businesses that don't want to hire dedicated personnel to manage payroll and benefits, but I would definitely not recommend TriNet for their FSA component at this point. The department has to better mature both their processes and personnel to be able to effectively serve the customer base.

It seems to be a promising model for small to medium sized businesses so they don't have to hire someone just to deal with benefits and it's good that you can access a lot of the HR items online.

TriNet review by <span>Royce W.</span>
Royce W.

"TriNet is easy to use and very insightful. It makes HR and payroll easy!"

What do you like best?

I like how everything is very easy to use and helpful. It makes the HR and benefits information easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Log in for TriNet ws alot easier to use. Sometimes it take a while to log in and to clock in. There should be an easier way.

Trinet makes it easy to view all payroll options, resolve payroll and tax issues. It also makes it easy to view your company and idnivdual goals and allow your to mark off the ones that you finish. You view all your payroll information and if there are any issues then you can call the customer service line and they can help you.

TriNet review by <span>Rich P.</span>
Rich P.

"Terrible Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

In the past, TriNet has been tolerable. At my current employer that is unfortunately not the case.

What do you dislike?

I have received countless errors in attempting to onboard. First, the system only matched me with a previous employer and didn't provide any options for my new employer. Then, once I was allowed access to my profile, I've received several error messages related to switching off of the beta interface. In over two hours on the phone with their support team, my issues have yet to be resolved. Still haven't been able to elect benefits in 1.5 weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your options carefully; once you make a selection, the cost of switching gets pretty high.

The company uses TriNet to simplify the HR experience.

TriNet review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Horrible start"

What do you like best?

Trinet's new online website is pretty good - I tried the beta a few months ago and they just launched the new web UI and it's significantly better. Pretty easy to navigate and find what I need. Phone support is prompt - I never have to wait too long to call and the hours are relatively extensive so I'm able to contact someone when I need.

What do you dislike?

Switching over to Trinet was a HORRIBLE experience. We were supposed to get better health care plans and pay the same as our previous provider - the latter was the same, when I selected what I thought were comparable benefits (they suggested certain plans to us) they were about the same price but the coverage was way worse. In addition, many things in my onboarding process were incorrect (and I heard similar from other employees in our company) - my salary was incorrect and it was really difficult to get the backpay that I needed. My retirement plan was not set up correctly so I had trouble accessing it in time (we had a really short turnaround to onboard as well - these things shouldn't be rushed). Lastly, the dental plan I selected was NOT the dental plan I enrolled in. I pointed it out to Trinet cause I had a printed form as proof and they acknowledged the mistake on their part but it took 3 weeks to fix and I had to cancel appointments as a result.

HR/Benefits/Payroll

Learning about TriNet?

* We monitor all TriNet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.