Tropo

A cloud communications API that makes it easy to build voice & text messaging apps.

Work for Tropo?

Learning about Tropo?

Tropo Reviews

Showing 8 Tropo reviews
Tropo review by kapil y.
kapil y.

"Create your own application using Tropo to make and receive phone calls"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt, Tropo is an excellent tool which utilizes interaction over text messages and voice network. It’s simple to use Tropo if you have enough knowledge to create a website on your own.

Instead of juggling with learning new languages, acquiring knowledge of telephony or VoIP software you can simply provide this software your code and get started to experience a new world of ultimate voice and data communication.

It also allows you to use a language of your choice from existing web server. With a single line code, you can use its multi-conferencing feature and convert entire call data to text message.

It has excellent features to choose from which includes call record, conversion from text to speech and recognizing speech.

What do you dislike?

Tropo does not guarantee a timely delivery of SMS if your application exceeds certain word limit.

They don’t provide you with delivery receipts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don’t require a technical expertise of understanding phone network, just a powerful voice API like Tropo can be of great help to you.

Tropo provides a real time experience while converting text to speech. Also, there are plenty of voice options you can choose from.

While using it, only a single line of code is required. It automatically answers call for you with hang up feature optional. It is advantageous to use it as it is a big time saver and provides users very customized solutions to suit their needs.

Tropo uses its strong cloud API technology to provide you a real-time communication experience. By connecting your phone’s network with its source code it automatically sends both calls and SMS.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tropo
Tropo review by Alfred S.
Alfred S.

": Great appliance for building connection through sharing files,documents,texts and even being able "

What do you like best?

Tropo is my all time preference because everything that is required is just a simple.No need to talk to sales representatives for registration, developer accounts are free, send long emails and sign contracts.

What do you dislike?

Tropo is beneficial but it has some of drawbacks I found while using it.The reliability of SMS delivery is one thing that always bothered me. They silently might fail to deliver it If the app exceeds a certain rate. There is no possibility to know if this will happen, so the user might assume delivery was a success but there is no way to confirm that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use tropo because of its benefits on business and other team works which will serve the purpose of sharing files,documents,texts and even phone calls.

While using tropo I realized that it serves me to flourish my business and helped me to connect with people through sharing documents, texts and making calls even, but not in a mass rate. Inspite of having limitations using it of a certain rate it, serves my things which is good enough for my business.

What Cloud Communication Platforms solution do you use?

Tropo review by Simon S.
Simon S.

"Tropo"

What do you like best?

Tropo is actually my favorite. Tropo is a fantastic and an easy tool to build phones and SMS apps. You will notice that the developer account is free and is a matter of a simple registration without the requirement of contacting sales representatives, long emails and contracts. Tropo service uses API technology and provides sample codes in PHP, javascript, Ruby and python, so it is very easy to start and understand right away. Its exciting features enables making calls, receiving calls, voice recognition, conferences calls, call transcription, as well twitter and SMS interaction possible from your own webpage. Also, no need of a webserver to run your app.

What do you dislike?

Tropo does not provide delivery receipts. It is possible that your app sends the message and Tropo accepts it, but they might or might not deliver it. Also, without built-in full range of VXML grammars that helps make voice recognition practical, ambient noises as commonly felt on cells in restaurants and or cars makes it unusable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cisco might bring new functionality to Tropo quickly.

With cisco having acquired Tropo, it will be best to checkout their road map first. Cisco might bring new functionality to Tropo quickly. Tropo offers enhanced telephony services. For many of my clients, Tropo allows phono to get connected and enable Tropo to place or receive phone calls to and from real telephone numbers. Tropo voice applications used directly from a webpage, Tropo’s speech recognition and text-to-speech in 24 languages, as well as offers my clients to record and play media such as WAV or MP3 files or even conduct conference calls, call transfers and call recording.

Tropo review by Ajit P.
Ajit P.

"Tropo enhances your communications"

What do you like best?

Tropo makes it simple to build phone and SMS apps. I use Tropo's powerful cloud API to bring real-time communications to my apps. Imagine the power of being able to make calls, receive calls, use voice recognition, interact over SMS or Twitter or even create conference calls and transcribe calls, all from your webpage! They also provide hosting so no need for a webserver to run your app.

What do you dislike?

Although Tropo's free developer account are pretty generous, one thing that always bothered me is there reliability of SMS delivery. If your app exceeds a certain rate (10 per minute), they silently might fail to deliver it. There is no "handshaking" to your app to tell you if this will occur, so the user might assume delivery was a success, but there is no way to confirm that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tropo is now acquired by Cisco, so checkout their roadmap first.

Biggest benefit is the enhanced telephony capabilities it provides. For many of my clients, I have implemented a "call me now" button that uses Tropo to initiate a phone call and uses Tropo's speech recognition to transcribe that call and extract some keywords. This provides the client some context as to the context of the call which can be later analyzed. Pretty nifty, eh?

Tropo review by Nicholas M.
Nicholas M.

"Tropo allows us to build, prototype, or roll out voice enabled apps quickly."

What do you like best?

Tropo makes building standalone voice apps very simple. Even if you are not a coder, their scripting language is very easy to pick up. If you are a developer, their APIs are very flexible and allow you to easily integrate your application to support voice and sms capabilities in many new and unique ways. Their developer program is free to use without time constraints or any limits to the number of applications you spin up. For me, this is one of the best reasons to use them and I wish that other "API as a Service" companies would follow this example.

What do you dislike?

The API documentation is a little hit an miss on the code examples. I have noticed a few places where a variable name is declared that is later referenced in a completely different spelling or format. It's not a big deal if you have a dev background, but for people starting out, it could be a bit confusing. That being said, I have noticed that some of these have been cleaned up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the developer program and take it for a spin. There is no commitment required and you can see for yourself if the solution is a fit. Worse case, you get to play around with some neat tech and learn something new.

I work as a consultant and use Tropo to enhance the product offerings the company I work for provides their clients. Our team is also testing Tropo integrations to internal projects and systems that we maintain.

The biggest benefit I see with Tropo is in the time it saves and the options it opens in providing customized solutions. Tropo allows us the flexibility in how much we (or our clients) put into the cloud and removes many of the limits that come with traditional phone services and packaged applications.

Tropo review by Keith G.
Keith G.

"Easily Build Voice and Messaging Apps with Tropo"

What do you like best?

The powerful cloud API of Tropo is very useful for me. I use it all the time for real time communications. I can do so many things from my very own web page. For example, I have tried making calls and even receiving calls with the use of this tool and I was not disappointed because I was able to do those things with ease.

I also like the fact that there is no need for me to use a web server to run my application.

What do you dislike?

I am a bit bothered with how reliable their SMS delivery is. I am very happy with the features but what would be the use of these features if they do not work 100%? There is a requirement that you have to follow which is to only send 10 SMS per minute. This is not bad if you are only running a small company but for me, I find this hard to do as I need to reach a lot of people in a limited amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you sign up for this first just to see what it is made of before you can decide if you truly like it or not. People can usually see if it fits with the type of services that they need and want. For me, it is divine.

I have solved the issue of communicating with others through my very own web page and the different features that Tropo can provide are truly very useful for me.

Tropo review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Really great service and really great customer support"

What do you like best?

Tropo's customer support is amazing! We use them with our customers and every time I need them to investigate an issue they're very responsive and helpful. The service is great but when something isn't 100% right they're willing to help get to the bottom of it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike. I do have to contact their support team for help sometimes but it's usually not an issue on their end. I would like to see more transparency into their system status.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely utilize their support team as they're really communicative, willing to help, and great at providing full details.

Being able to have a redundant, reliable method of sending messages via Tropo and being able to quickly get answers to problems.

Tropo review by Antonio M.
Antonio M.

"Voice and Messasing made easy"

What do you like best?

It's amazing how Tropo solves voice and messasing with such an easy to use API. The service is now certified by cisco and support is amazing. It has a perfect portfolio of products and it's price is nothing compared to other services or self hosted solutions.

What do you dislike?

Noithing to dislike this service is near to perfection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tropo is free for devs, so you should definately try it, i'm almost sure it will fit your needs.

VoIP, messaging, API integration, good documentation

Learning about Tropo?

* We monitor all Tropo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.