True Key

Learning about True Key?

True Key Reviews

Showing 15 True Key reviews
True Key review by User

"True Key is needed to store passwords from various accounts."

What do you like best?

The program is multi-platform, it can work in the same account from several devices.

Plus programs:

-E-mail

-Down device

-Start panel

-Password Manager

-Keeping of information about maps

-Password generator

-Recognition of the person at the entrance to Windows.

-Ciphering and synchronization

What do you dislike?

My opinion is an excellent program! now do not need to remember several different passwords, this program will remember the passwords for you! I think there are no shortcomings

Recommendations to others considering the product

True Key is a utility owned by Intel. Its purpose is to securely store the user's passwords. It consists of two parts: a normal Windows application and an extension for the browser. The latter allows you to automatically pull up the login and password to log on to the site from a trusted device.

The utility has excellent security metrics. The data recorded in the True Key is encrypted using the AES-256 algorithm. Access to your profile can be configured by using several levels of protection (for example, two-factor authentication).

At work, I use the True Key program. It's very convenient, there are some lay-outs that I use only at work, I do not even know the passwords from them, True Key does everything for me

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about True Key
True Key review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"I use Truekey to manage credentials for my tenants as their landlord."

What do you like best?

Mostly what I like is that they don't really have to remember any sort of password or anything, therefore reducing the number of service tickets that I get to reset their password or grant them a new key for webpay or what have you to zero.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about this app is that it was fairly difficult to find a way to use it to disarm electronic doorlocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want less hassle with tenant keys, this is the way to go.

Truekey allows me to:

Not have to issue room keys.

Not have to worry about room keys falling into the wrong hands.

Not have to worry about collecting room keys after a tenant's lease is up.

Not have to worry about tenants subletting without permission.

Not have to worry about theft.

Have an excuse to always have the common room lights on.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

True Key review by Joseph K.
Joseph K.

"Never waste energy trying to remember your password"

What do you like best?

I like how true key makes it easy to log in and access your sites without the hustle of inputting passwords all the time. I also love it's facial recognition ability that you can set up once you log in to your computer. I believe it adds an extra layer of security.

What do you dislike?

The freemium account can only hold fourteen login sites which are quite limited. Also on the facial recognition password it is hard to identify you when there is little light. It can at times take to load on the startup and sign in into your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

Keep my passwords into my website and email address safe.

True Key review by Edward D.
Edward D.

"Need more features for current price"

What do you like best?

I've using both True Key PC and Android applications and these are the key features that I like the most:

- It's so easy to install and configure.

- It's very fast and intuitive.

- It has an instant log in function to quickly log in through your Android applications.

- The face authentication is a very cool feature that you don't see in other password managers.

What do you dislike?

- The free account only give you space to store 15 passwords.

- The Premium account cost 20$ winch in my opinion is very high compared with another password managers with more functionalities.

- Lacking of a password export functionality.

- Lacking of a password share functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does the job. Just try it and if you like it go for it.

- As a programmer I have a lot of passwords for the different tools that I use to code, with True Key I have to remember only one password.

- It also helps to store my office related passwords in one secure place.

True Key review by Alyson T.
Alyson T.

"Intel's takeover of Password box"

What do you like best?

While this is a "freemium" service that I had to use after Intel took over PasswordBox, I did find that it had some good features. It will sync data across Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and can import passwords from browsers, competitors. The facial-recognition login for Windows is a nice touch as well. Can reset master password which really is a must for any product of this type. You can add a wide range of multi authentication factors depending on the device. I was also happy to see that it did default to a 16 digit generated password instead of a 6 digit short password.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately since I was forced to switch to True Key, things did not start off well and only went downhill. Again, this is a "freemium" service and while it does offer some good things, if you have more than 15 passwords, you have to pay $20 a year. Also the "unlimited" in the paid version actually caps out at 2000, while that seems like a lot, if you a running a business and have passwords for everything under the sun, you can get high up there in numbers quicker than you think. My big turn off was that True Key does not capture data fields on demand like other services do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see what features have been added since the launch. This had/has the potential to be a good product

This did not solve any problems for us, at the time there was no password sharing or security report. I do not know if this has changed, but this was something I needed at the time.

True Key review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"TrueKey"

What do you like best?

There is a pop-up that appears each time you login to websites requiring a username/password. It is convenient to store your identification credentials in a centralized place that is secure. It eliminates the need to keep track of often complex passwords for multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

TrueKey does not run on all Windows 10 machines. It requires a minimum configuration of hardware and software above and beyond what Windows 10 requires. It doesn't run on all my devices. I am also wary that hackers could get all my identification credentials in one fell swoop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that it works on all your devices. Make sure you want to trust their encryption algorithms and are hacker proof.

I have stopped using this product.

True Key review by User

"Too expensive when free options are just as good"

What do you like best?

I was able to test this software on my personal computer as well as my work PC when it first came out. I tested it extensively for 3 months as part of a pilot program and ultimately we decided to go with a different product.

It is very simple to use. I especially enjoyed the facial recognition option for True Key, it made it a little quicker to sign in and I felt secure knowing that people couldn't easily get in to my computer. The password saving is almost identical to other programs so it's not really better or worse.

There are a lot of options for additional security such as multi-factor authentication (extremely important for security). I enjoyed knowing that it is highly unlikely that someone will be able to crack my password and access my smartphone for the backup security code.

What do you dislike?

It's too expensive for the program. When you have free options like Last Pass, it just doesn't make sense to pay for a program like True Key unless you only want to use it for a few websites for business purposes. It's essentially freemium (free to use but only for certain features) which is not what my employer was looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. It's too expensive for the product when free options exist.

Honestly, it didn't really solve any problems. We decided to try free programs such as Last Pass, Keeper, etc.

True Key review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"True Key for shared computing "

What do you like best?

It’s highly helpful in organizing access when I have multiple secured accounts and comes in packages with other software

What do you dislike?

It can be a little confusing to set up at first

It’s very useful when multiple employees are using the same computer

True Key review by Jeremy G.
Jeremy G.

"Truekey Evolution"

What do you like best?

Face recognition and pretty good Chrome Extention

What do you dislike?

Occasional extension/site incompatibility. No team functions. Occasional server outages limit availability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much better for single users than teams.

Basic Password Management - Improve password strength without taxing memory, having to write it all down or store in a potentially unsafe file.

True Key review by François C.
François C.

"Excellent password storage system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity. Quick to deploy

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The product meets all of my requirements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Real help and secure

ALlow me to store all of my customers logins

True Key review by Administrator

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

The password management that is available is convenient

What do you dislike?

Although the password management is helpful, it seems to get "confused" occasionally requiring us to have a backup for passwords

it seems to get "confused" occasionally requiring us to have a backup for passwords so we have stopped using it as we were having to handle them ourselves

True Key review by Consultant

"True Key helps you manage passwords by getting away from remembering them."

What do you like best?

Unlike many password management solutions, True Key allows you to use biometrics or visual recognition to allow access to your passwords.

What do you dislike?

Some people might still feel uncomfortable using alternate methods (i.e. biometrics) to replace master passwords.

True Key allows you to secure the numerous passwords required for work today.

True Key review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"True key"

What do you like best?

True key is helpful when trying to remember passwords for easy login

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t allow password sharing or auto fill

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try

It manages my passwords for me and makes my office secure

True Key review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"New To Software"

What do you like best?

Helps get workers logged in quickly online.

What do you dislike?

The length of the password requirements

For small government roles and agencies for various needs.

True Key review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Best "

What do you like best?

Good and secure application for login management

Especially when working remotely

What do you dislike?

Slow and not many options

Can customize alot

Security

Easy accrss

Learning about True Key?

* We monitor all True Key reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.