True Key

Learning about True Key?

True Key Reviews

Showing 14 True Key reviews
True Key review by User

True Key is needed to store passwords from various accounts.

What do you like best?

The program is multi-platform, it can work in the same account from several devices.

Plus programs:

-E-mail

-Down device

-Start panel

-Password Manager

-Keeping of information about maps

-Password generator

-Recognition of the person at the entrance to Windows.

-Ciphering and synchronization

What do you dislike?

My opinion is an excellent program! now do not need to remember several different passwords, this program will remember the passwords for you! I think there are no shortcomings

Recommendations to others considering the product

True Key is a utility owned by Intel. Its purpose is to securely store the user's passwords. It consists of two parts: a normal Windows application and an extension for the browser. The latter allows you to automatically pull up the login and password to log on to the site from a trusted device.

The utility has excellent security metrics. The data recorded in the True Key is encrypted using the AES-256 algorithm. Access to your profile can be configured by using several levels of protection (for example, two-factor authentication).

At work, I use the True Key program. It's very convenient, there are some lay-outs that I use only at work, I do not even know the passwords from them, True Key does everything for me

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about True Key
True Key review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

I use Truekey to manage credentials for my tenants as their landlord.

What do you like best?

Mostly what I like is that they don't really have to remember any sort of password or anything, therefore reducing the number of service tickets that I get to reset their password or grant them a new key for webpay or what have you to zero.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about this app is that it was fairly difficult to find a way to use it to disarm electronic doorlocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want less hassle with tenant keys, this is the way to go.

Truekey allows me to:

Not have to issue room keys.

Not have to worry about room keys falling into the wrong hands.

Not have to worry about collecting room keys after a tenant's lease is up.

Not have to worry about tenants subletting without permission.

Not have to worry about theft.

Have an excuse to always have the common room lights on.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

True Key review by <span>Joseph K.</span>
Joseph K.
G2 Gives Campaign

Never waste energy trying to remember your password

What do you like best?

I like how true key makes it easy to log in and access your sites without the hustle of inputting passwords all the time. I also love it's facial recognition ability that you can set up once you log in to your computer. I believe it adds an extra layer of security.

What do you dislike?

The freemium account can only hold fourteen login sites which are quite limited. Also on the facial recognition password it is hard to identify you when there is little light. It can at times take to load on the startup and sign in into your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

Keep my passwords into my website and email address safe.

True Key review by <span>Edward D.</span>
Edward D.

Need more features for current price

What do you like best?

I've using both True Key PC and Android applications and these are the key features that I like the most:

- It's so easy to install and configure.

- It's very fast and intuitive.

- It has an instant log in function to quickly log in through your Android applications.

- The face authentication is a very cool feature that you don't see in other password managers.

What do you dislike?

- The free account only give you space to store 15 passwords.

- The Premium account cost 20$ winch in my opinion is very high compared with another password managers with more functionalities.

- Lacking of a password export functionality.

- Lacking of a password share functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does the job. Just try it and if you like it go for it.

- As a programmer I have a lot of passwords for the different tools that I use to code, with True Key I have to remember only one password.

- It also helps to store my office related passwords in one secure place.

True Key review by <span>Alyson T.</span>
Alyson T.

Intel's takeover of Password box

What do you like best?

While this is a "freemium" service that I had to use after Intel took over PasswordBox, I did find that it had some good features. It will sync data across Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and can import passwords from browsers, competitors. The facial-recognition login for Windows is a nice touch as well. Can reset master password which really is a must for any product of this type. You can add a wide range of multi authentication factors depending on the device. I was also happy to see that it did default to a 16 digit generated password instead of a 6 digit short password.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately since I was forced to switch to True Key, things did not start off well and only went downhill. Again, this is a "freemium" service and while it does offer some good things, if you have more than 15 passwords, you have to pay $20 a year. Also the "unlimited" in the paid version actually caps out at 2000, while that seems like a lot, if you a running a business and have passwords for everything under the sun, you can get high up there in numbers quicker than you think. My big turn off was that True Key does not capture data fields on demand like other services do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would see what features have been added since the launch. This had/has the potential to be a good product

This did not solve any problems for us, at the time there was no password sharing or security report. I do not know if this has changed, but this was something I needed at the time.

True Key review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

TrueKey

What do you like best?

There is a pop-up that appears each time you login to websites requiring a username/password. It is convenient to store your identification credentials in a centralized place that is secure. It eliminates the need to keep track of often complex passwords for multiple websites.

What do you dislike?

TrueKey does not run on all Windows 10 machines. It requires a minimum configuration of hardware and software above and beyond what Windows 10 requires. It doesn't run on all my devices. I am also wary that hackers could get all my identification credentials in one fell swoop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check that it works on all your devices. Make sure you want to trust their encryption algorithms and are hacker proof.

I have stopped using this product.

Learning about True Key?

* We monitor all True Key reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.