TrueSight Pulse

TrueSight Pulse is a SaaS solution for real-time monitoring and alerting of web-scale applications built on either cloud-based or on-premises infrastructure with no code and no latency. Their ultra-lightweight meter replaces traditional agents with second-by-second monitoring and ultra low CPU usage (typically <1%). TrueSight Pulse is language and technology agnostic, supporting public and private clouds, VM, physical servers, alert on any metric, customizable dashboards and offering a robust API.

Work for TrueSight Pulse?

Learning about TrueSight Pulse?

TrueSight Pulse Reviews

Ask TrueSight Pulse a Question
Showing 13 TrueSight Pulse reviews
TrueSight Pulse review by Jeffrey W.
Jeffrey W.

"Excellent (And Getting Better) Real-Time Monitoring"

What do you like best?

I love how the service is all cloud based. It has excellent API's to hookup to, and no need to fear how much data you are feeding into the service, because since it is all cloud based they worry about that for you. The webpage runs really quick, and my data flows in to the dashboards in real-time (in one second intervals). I love it.

What do you dislike?

User access levels have some work to be desired. There are currently only 2 user levels (user and admin). So if you want a user to be able to create dashboards, then they have to be an "admin" user. This isn't ideal because as an "admin" user they will have access to edit all settings. It would be nice to have at least one more user level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You won't regret it. Their support is amazing.

We have been able to setup pulse in our environment at work to monitor hundreds of servers in one-second intervals. Now we no longer need to leave windows perfmon up all the time on each box. We login just to one location and can view statistics about all of our boxes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TrueSight Pulse
TrueSight Pulse review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"TrueSight Pulse Monitoring Master!"

What do you like best?

TrueSight Pulse has been very beneficial to my company thus far. I like the metric detail, ease of adding meters, and the ability to set thresholds on what will notify you to an issue. The added plug in feature is nice as well if you need additional monitoring of certain applications.

What do you dislike?

So far I do not have any negative experiences with TrueSight Pulse. I used BMC Patrol Explorer for years, and enjoyed that until it was discontinued, but Truesight Pulse is a great replacement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I do not think you will be disappointed.

TrueSight Pulse gives me an ability to monitor our hardware and applications and stay on top of any and all issues that could occur. It's the peace of mind knowing that my environment is being monitored and watched that gives me confidence in TrueSight Pulse.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

TrueSight Pulse review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"BMC TrueSight Pulse SaaS"

What do you like best?

Finally we have an awesome SaaS solution, extremely quick to deploy and very versatile, coupled with a whole bunch of plugins really does make this an awesome product, oh yeah and its being sold with a simply easy monthly plan, you simply pay for what you use!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some more plugins for COTS applications if possible, and what about some integration into other BMC products? patrol BEM, TSIM?

Recommendations to others considering the product

take a look at the evaluation, the great thing is that it should work with standard proxy so you should be able to set this up quickly you can use the stub script injection to setup EUEM monitoring very quickly this will allow you to get good quality EUEM data i have also setup the probe to monitor some infrastructure by monitoring UBUNTU CPU memory and disk utilization.

we need a cost effective way to monitor EUEM, we have realized you do not need to spend thousands to get this with Pulse.

TrueSight Pulse review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Good to know what's going on."

What do you like best?

I like knowing that if my facility goes offline and none of the systems or persons present can reach-out to me I should still get an alert that nothing can be reached.

It's also nice to have a dashboard that can monitor the health of both internal systems and cloud hosted sites.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes about this product, it's doing what we need it to do just fine.

We have it working in conjunction with PagerDuty and Slack to let the team know if anything goes down.

TrueSight Pulse review by Alexander B.
Alexander B.

"Pulse is is a beautiful way to automate server metrics"

What do you like best?

I love the way the app looks, and how it focuses on basic metrics.

What do you dislike?

While the plugins are very useful, I have experienced quite a bit of grief while connecting them. This may have improved since I did this a while back.

I like to be aware if something terrible is going on on my server. Pulse gives me that peace of mind.

TrueSight Pulse review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Early subscriber"

What do you like best?

Easy out of the box integration, high visibility

What do you dislike?

Not very easy to customize, some development required for custom monitors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, very flexible and highly configurable. No operational problems to speak of. Licensing cost is reasonable.

Not solving business problems but gaining visibility in platforms we never had before with many metrics that we've never been able to monitor before

TrueSight Pulse review by User in Computer Software

"Valuable for near real-time observation of our environment"

What do you like best?

It provides understandable charts containing meaningful, relevant metrics of our environment.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything yet that I don't like.

We have been concerned about what is really happening as it happens, or shortly thereafter. This allows us to be more aware of what is happening on our systems.

TrueSight Pulse review by Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment
Administrator in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Very easy to use, feature rich monitoring"

What do you like best?

Saas based and easy to setup. Very lightweight agents. Really good looking dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat limited on customization, but they do have lots of plugins and cover all the basics.

We didn't want to stand up monitoring infrastructure, but needed something quick, efficient and lightweight.

TrueSight Pulse review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Realtime usage graphics are very useful and meaningful

What do you dislike?

we have no dislikes regarding this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will like it.

Using this tool help us to find a problem with an instance which was using a lot of CPU for short outbursts.

TrueSight Pulse review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Fastest implementation ever"

What do you like best?

Flexible price model and absolutely easy to install. Scalable and many useful OOTB dashboards

What do you dislike?

I'm missing mobile phone enabled views. A SaaS solution should have today a mobile view

Recommendations to others considering the product

providing a Mobile enable fronted

Monitor existing environment without deploying any additional infrastructure.

TrueSight Pulse review by Christopher D.
Christopher D.

"TrueSight Pulse"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the alerting features, flexible dashboards, and easy installation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes dashboard performance is slow.

I use TrueSight Pulse to monitor a web server hosting Wordpress. Easy access to memory, network, and CPU stats have helped me identify and resolve many problems.

Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"TrueSight Pulse"

What do you like best?

Amount of information available for your enterprise

What do you dislike?

It is a bit involved at times, but that could be due to my inexperience

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is invaluable - a great tool.

Monitoring, Data Analytics, problem determination, reporting.

TrueSight Pulse review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

It took no time at all to install. Got it downloaded and metrics reporting in less than 15 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Needed more history to allow me more reporting.

Cost effective and simple to use. Very lightweight on training.

Learning about TrueSight Pulse?

* We monitor all TrueSight Pulse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.