TurboTax Business

With TurboTax Business, you don’t need to know a thing about business taxes.

Work for TurboTax Business?

Learning about TurboTax Business?

Compare TurboTax Business to Similar Solutions

TurboTax Business Reviews

Showing 55 TurboTax Business reviews
TurboTax Business review by <span>Paul F.</span>
Paul F.

"Ease and Dependability."

What do you like best?

The program guides you through the entire process of doing taxes. My taxes get complicated with 2 business', rental property and other investments. It is easy to do with turbotax.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about the program yet. I have been using the program for many years and like all aspects of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to use. It has a wide variety of functions, is easy and explains all steps of the tax process.

My wife runs a pottery business and I am an independent contractor for a non-profit. The ease of using the software and the transfer of last years information makes it much easier and quicker to do our taxes each year with the best refund possible. We have used other tax software in the past and ended up with wrong information and expensive fines from the IRS.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TurboTax Business
TurboTax Business review by <span>Thomas B.</span>
Thomas B.

"TurboTax gets me back hundreds annually"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Turbo Tax makes it the leading tax return filing software on the market. It is easy-to-use, finds deductions most accountants and bookkeepers are unaware of, and will cross check your submissions for errors. The auto-submit electronic filing is easy to use and accurate, making getting your refunds quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

I do however dislike the cost of Turbo Tax and how they charge outrageous fees for each state that one is filing in. The software itself gets pricey each year and they are making it harder and harder for cost efficiency. I have been drifting towards the online and free versions as of late due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Turbo Tax to all of my customers and clients as the top shelf solution to tax returns. The software is easy-to-use and dependable. Turbo Tax will find you the best refund or lowest tax payment possible.

I have been able to offer tax return filing and processing services to my accounting side business for customers making my services more widespread and available. Turbo Tax takes the accountant out of the process and is easy-to-use making doing tax returns for others easier and cost-effective. Turbo Tax has always found additional deductions and the ability to cross-compare refund or owed taxes based on filing options.

What Corporate Tax solution do you use?

TurboTax Business review by <span>Lincoln S.</span>
Lincoln S.

"turbo tax undoes the scam of accountants preparing your income tax"

What do you like best?

Turbo tax is best used by taking time to study all the angles it gives to you. I used their more complex corporate tax reporting package, and this involves you in a number of ambiguous decisions regarding how to report income and expenses. You need to understand the answers that you are providing in order to be confident of the return that Turbo Tax will prepare for you.

What do you dislike?

The undeniable problem with TurboTax Corporate is that it does its own comparisons of the income statement and balance sheet that you give it this year, with the income statement and balance sheet you gave it last year. You do not see how it is connecting the two, or what exactly it is comparing on the two even though it does store these reports line for line. If TurboTax feels there is a discrepancy between these two year end reports, then it will reject your current year entry without telling you how to fix it. This is a REAL headache that required a good deal of guesswork and trial and error. The result, when accepted by TurboTax, may be "correct", but it is not transparent to the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who does the books for a business should be able to navigate using TurboTax Business. However, you must understand your own income statement and balance sheet, and you must have good records for the previous year.

It cost me $250 for this program, and I saved $2,500 in accounting fees. In addition, I felt I fully understood 'the tax return and the options available to me in filing the return in different forms. This is very valuable. On the other hand, the return that Turbo Tax produced was audited by the IRS because of something that the IRS felt was incorrect. The problem was not in the numbers, it was in the schedules on which I chose to report certain income. Because I purchased the TurboTax Audit Guarantee Service I was able to have TurboTax's representative (actually a third party insurer) resolve this problem with the IRS. It turned out that the IRS was wholly in error, though I might have reported the income on a different schedule and avoided their scrutiny. TurboTax did not guide me on the correct path in this case, but I suspect that it could not have. I still think TurboTax is great and would not hesitate to use it again.

TurboTax Business review by <span>Susie F.</span>
Susie F.

"TurboTax Business Takes the Work Out of Taxes"

What do you like best?

One of my favorites parts of TurboTax has always been how easy it is to use. Every year, I actually look forward to doing my taxes because it walks me through them. (Granted, my business is very small and pretty low-key at the moment.) Also, I appreciate how up-to-date it is. There’s an error check at the end, as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do my taxes too early so it isn’t completely up-to-date yet and I miss out on some tax breaks (more my fault than the software’s). It would be helpful to know ahead of time that that might happen. I might decide to file a little later if I knew. I have the option of refiling but since I joint file with my husband that’s not always convenient or doable.

I’m not always aware of all the business expenses that I can claim or the tax laws and how it has changed. So it helps me get the most benefits and lowers my tax burden for my business.

TurboTax Business review by <span>Alfonso S.</span>
Alfonso S.

"I use Turbo Tax for my personal Tax Prep Business"

What do you like best?

I like the easy interface for simple business tax returns. It also guides you through the process step by step, making sure you leave nothing out of the business return. Business taxation can be intimidating, this program takes out the intimidation and makes the process seem doable for beginners.

What do you dislike?

The audit risk meter is something that I would say misleads people. I wouldn't pay any attention to it. I also don't like the fact that you can't enter numbers on actual tax forms. That is very unhelpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the money, you cannot beat this program. If you new to business tax returns, this is the simplest and easiest program to use.

I needed a cost effective solution to do Business Tax returns. This program is the most affordable option out there.

TurboTax Business review by <span>Quang P.</span>
Quang P.

"Turbo Tax Business"

What do you like best?

Turbotax business allows you to have audit protection and has online realtime help incase you have questions you are not sure about when filing for your home buiness.

What do you dislike?

There is a fee when you purchase turbotax business and it is not backwards compatabile with just regular turbo tax

Recommendations to others considering the product

audit protection and credit monitor comes as a bonus, id monitoring helps.

I realized that using Turbo Tax Business I am able to itemize things that will help me be tax exempt when filing as a business. This allows me to save money upfront, I can also link the software to my bank account where it can update live.

Learning about TurboTax Business?

* We monitor all TurboTax Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare TurboTax Business to Similar Solutions