TurboTax Business

With TurboTax Business, you don’t need to know a thing about business taxes.

Work for TurboTax Business?

Learning about TurboTax Business?

Compare TurboTax Business to Similar Solutions

TurboTax Business Reviews

Showing 58 TurboTax Business reviews
TurboTax Business review by Jean M. C.
Jean M. C.

"This is a bad product and service is equally bad."

What do you like best?

I cannot think of anything nice to say. If the software does not do the simple task for which it was purchased and it is virtually impossible to contact the company for assistance, there is nothing to like.

What do you dislike?

I wanted to change ownership percentages for an LLC return. Despite online illustrations, this is not allowed. Online forums confirm that this is missing from many updated versions. I called and after waiting 20 minutes, was told that I needed to speak to someone more senior. After holding 20 minutes, I was told that they would call me back. After three hours, they called back and promptly hung up. They did not call again. I called and gave my case number and was told that I had a 49 minute wait. I then received a survey, indicating that my case had been resolved. I will make the changes manually and never use Turbotax again. The service is even worse than the software, unless you are preparing the very simplest of returns. They don't seem to care, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something else to use.

None.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TurboTax Business
TurboTax Business review by Paul F.
Paul F.

"Ease and Dependability."

What do you like best?

The program guides you through the entire process of doing taxes. My taxes get complicated with 2 business', rental property and other investments. It is easy to do with turbotax.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike about the program yet. I have been using the program for many years and like all aspects of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to use. It has a wide variety of functions, is easy and explains all steps of the tax process.

My wife runs a pottery business and I am an independent contractor for a non-profit. The ease of using the software and the transfer of last years information makes it much easier and quicker to do our taxes each year with the best refund possible. We have used other tax software in the past and ended up with wrong information and expensive fines from the IRS.

What Corporate Tax solution do you use?

TurboTax Business review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.

"TurboTax gets me back hundreds annually"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Turbo Tax makes it the leading tax return filing software on the market. It is easy-to-use, finds deductions most accountants and bookkeepers are unaware of, and will cross check your submissions for errors. The auto-submit electronic filing is easy to use and accurate, making getting your refunds quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

I do however dislike the cost of Turbo Tax and how they charge outrageous fees for each state that one is filing in. The software itself gets pricey each year and they are making it harder and harder for cost efficiency. I have been drifting towards the online and free versions as of late due to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Turbo Tax to all of my customers and clients as the top shelf solution to tax returns. The software is easy-to-use and dependable. Turbo Tax will find you the best refund or lowest tax payment possible.

I have been able to offer tax return filing and processing services to my accounting side business for customers making my services more widespread and available. Turbo Tax takes the accountant out of the process and is easy-to-use making doing tax returns for others easier and cost-effective. Turbo Tax has always found additional deductions and the ability to cross-compare refund or owed taxes based on filing options.

TurboTax Business review by Lincoln S.
Lincoln S.

"turbo tax undoes the scam of accountants preparing your income tax"

What do you like best?

Turbo tax is best used by taking time to study all the angles it gives to you. I used their more complex corporate tax reporting package, and this involves you in a number of ambiguous decisions regarding how to report income and expenses. You need to understand the answers that you are providing in order to be confident of the return that Turbo Tax will prepare for you.

What do you dislike?

The undeniable problem with TurboTax Corporate is that it does its own comparisons of the income statement and balance sheet that you give it this year, with the income statement and balance sheet you gave it last year. You do not see how it is connecting the two, or what exactly it is comparing on the two even though it does store these reports line for line. If TurboTax feels there is a discrepancy between these two year end reports, then it will reject your current year entry without telling you how to fix it. This is a REAL headache that required a good deal of guesswork and trial and error. The result, when accepted by TurboTax, may be "correct", but it is not transparent to the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who does the books for a business should be able to navigate using TurboTax Business. However, you must understand your own income statement and balance sheet, and you must have good records for the previous year.

It cost me $250 for this program, and I saved $2,500 in accounting fees. In addition, I felt I fully understood 'the tax return and the options available to me in filing the return in different forms. This is very valuable. On the other hand, the return that Turbo Tax produced was audited by the IRS because of something that the IRS felt was incorrect. The problem was not in the numbers, it was in the schedules on which I chose to report certain income. Because I purchased the TurboTax Audit Guarantee Service I was able to have TurboTax's representative (actually a third party insurer) resolve this problem with the IRS. It turned out that the IRS was wholly in error, though I might have reported the income on a different schedule and avoided their scrutiny. TurboTax did not guide me on the correct path in this case, but I suspect that it could not have. I still think TurboTax is great and would not hesitate to use it again.

TurboTax Business review by Sharon C.
Sharon C.

"Just as easy as the home version"

What do you like best?

Just what my subject says: Just as easy as the home version. I like the fact that I don't have to be an expert for my small business. All the forms are right there and so is the help when you need it - just like the home version. I use Quick Books so I also like the import function (saves me time).

What do you dislike?

At first, I was having trouble installing and I not am very experienced with technology but downloading is not rocket science! For some reason, it was identified as some sort of a virus. Luckily, I got around this by Googling to see if anyone else had this problem. I no longer use this because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

fix whatever it is causing it to appear like the download is a virus

Bot solving a problem but rather utilizing this to make my business life easier.

TurboTax Business review by Neha T.
Neha T.

"Worth purchasing for complicated returns!"

What do you like best?

The software lets you import W-2’s as well as your previous year’s return. TurboTax also has good tools for finding errors in your return. It runs a complete final check over both state and federal returns to look for errors and see if there are any deductions or credits you missed.

What do you dislike?

It’s most expensive software when compared with others. Free version of this is only viable for simple returns. Filing a regular 1040 will need to go with one of the paid versions. State returns cost $39.99 to file, making this one of the most expensive options. Also e-filing of tax return in this software is a bit complicated as it keeps on giving diagnostics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TurboTax is one of the easiest tax programs to use. It stands out for how easy it is to use and its intuitive design and flow. It has a free filing option available, but if one want to take advantage of deduction & credits, one need to pay for it.

TurboTax Business review by Susie F.
Susie F.

"TurboTax Business Takes the Work Out of Taxes"

What do you like best?

One of my favorites parts of TurboTax has always been how easy it is to use. Every year, I actually look forward to doing my taxes because it walks me through them. (Granted, my business is very small and pretty low-key at the moment.) Also, I appreciate how up-to-date it is. There’s an error check at the end, as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I do my taxes too early so it isn’t completely up-to-date yet and I miss out on some tax breaks (more my fault than the software’s). It would be helpful to know ahead of time that that might happen. I might decide to file a little later if I knew. I have the option of refiling but since I joint file with my husband that’s not always convenient or doable.

I’m not always aware of all the business expenses that I can claim or the tax laws and how it has changed. So it helps me get the most benefits and lowers my tax burden for my business.

TurboTax Business review by Alfonso S.
Alfonso S.

"I use Turbo Tax for my personal Tax Prep Business"

What do you like best?

I like the easy interface for simple business tax returns. It also guides you through the process step by step, making sure you leave nothing out of the business return. Business taxation can be intimidating, this program takes out the intimidation and makes the process seem doable for beginners.

What do you dislike?

The audit risk meter is something that I would say misleads people. I wouldn't pay any attention to it. I also don't like the fact that you can't enter numbers on actual tax forms. That is very unhelpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the money, you cannot beat this program. If you new to business tax returns, this is the simplest and easiest program to use.

I needed a cost effective solution to do Business Tax returns. This program is the most affordable option out there.

TurboTax Business review by Quang P.
Quang P.

"Turbo Tax Business"

What do you like best?

Turbotax business allows you to have audit protection and has online realtime help incase you have questions you are not sure about when filing for your home buiness.

What do you dislike?

There is a fee when you purchase turbotax business and it is not backwards compatabile with just regular turbo tax

Recommendations to others considering the product

audit protection and credit monitor comes as a bonus, id monitoring helps.

I realized that using Turbo Tax Business I am able to itemize things that will help me be tax exempt when filing as a business. This allows me to save money upfront, I can also link the software to my bank account where it can update live.

TurboTax Business review by Mary B.
Mary B.

"Filing 1065 for Partnership - TurboTax Business"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and understand what different credits/deductions mean. It takes you through all the necessary steps for completing the return and asks questions along the way to see if different areas apply to you. All your answers are transferred to the tax documents. The online forum/community is available to ask questions or find similar questions and answers - this has been very helpful to me in the past.

What do you dislike?

That there is not a version for mac computers, only windows. It seems to be the only version of Turbo Tax where this is the case and has been that way for years.

Also, for some areas it is difficult to go back and adjust numbers (say you missed something and wanted to add it). It is easy to go from income to deductions and whatnot, but can take some time to get back to specific areas where numbers were entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The downloadable version is easy to install and use (and obviously faster). Just beware there is not a mac version available. TurboTax Business is for Partnerships, Corporations and LLCs.

Filing our 1065 and issuing Schedule K's on our own (without the help of a tax professional). All the information you provide is entered on your tax forms and then they can be electronically submitted. We usually hear back within a day or two of their acceptance.

TurboTax Business review by Dale K.
Dale K.

"Turbo Tax for Business is a life saver "

What do you like best?

I like the step by step, line by line walk thru of every item. I also like that at the click of a button I can have a CPA to chat with to answer any question that I have.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when having to file state taxes in multiple states it costs additional money to download those states.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product that links up with Quick Books, makes book keeping easier

This was the first year owning a business, the issue of inventory, do we count it at cost or sell was a question that I always got different information on, Turbo Tax showed that if it was all counted at sell it make doing inventory easier and less questions if I have a audit,

TurboTax Business review by Charlotte S.
Charlotte S.

"It's pretty good if you are familiar with Turbo Tax"

What do you like best?

It tries to make doing your business taxes as easy as possible by walking you through each and every step to find your maximum deductions.

What do you dislike?

It can be kind of redundant in trying to make sure you don't miss anything, which can be both good or bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good learning tool for tax preparation if you have the time and patience for it and it's not that hard.

It has saved some money by helping us do our taxes ourselves instead of paying an accountant to do the same thing. It has helped us to learn more about the tax process by doing it ourselves as well because you then sometimes feel compelled to research more on the subject so you are more informed on making better tax decisions.

TurboTax Business review by User in Information Technology and Services

"inadequate tax software"

What do you like best?

it helps simplifies the way of filing taxes for the company. it have a easy design and flow for users to follow. useful for small companies that do not have complicated tax issues within their company.

They have a cloud that allows users to use and return to the software across different devices.

there is a searchable knowlege base and online community along with video tutorials and live human help if that is in the package that was paid for.

What do you dislike?

This software is a lot pricier than a lot of their competitors, it does not have a feature that will help you deal with cross boarder currency difference and different tax rules in difference countries.

also i feel like it could be more customized to the industry your company is in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend this to small to mid size company that does not have a lot a customization required to meet their needs.

help quicken the process of filing tax in a small business

TurboTax Business review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Well if there's anything good about taxes ... "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for the online site especially in a time crunch. It integrates well with all the software and accounting programs that I use, even my online invoice program. I'm able to see where I might have missed deductions or the guides let me import in other line items that I may have forgotten. I've been using turbotax for years for both personal and business and really ... since numbers aren't my thing, it makes it pretty easy to file.

What do you dislike?

Taxes ... can I say that? Overall, i'm pleased with the TurboTax system, even if it is a little pricey. It's affordable yes, but could the price come down a little for small business owners definitely!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty easy to use and the "save" feature is great for when you have to jump up and put out a fire for a client because they need something "yesterday!" I like to do my taxes in increments so that I don't get overwhelmed trying to just hash it all out at once. Save for later is a great feature!

I'm able to file my taxes in a quick and relatively painless fashion. I'm also able to keep track of business expenses, deductions, charitable contributions, etc. ... all in one place.

TurboTax Business review by User

" Does the basic job. But should support more functionalities."

What do you like best?

Well, to put in short, if you only have a single source of income with a single w2 form, then I guess this should easily do your job, oh and if you are an American citizen too. If you are not, and if you do have additional sources of income, this application seldom makes sense, as you would need to use some other software all together or go to a tax consultant or a lawyer.

What do you dislike?

As I said in the previous question, if you do have additional sources of income, this application seldom makes sense, as you would need to use some other software all together or go to a tax consultant or a lawyer. As this only allows w2 and a few other forms only. It does NOT use crypto taxes. So if you want to file a 1099 form or a 8949 B form for Capital Gain or Loses, unfortunately you cannot do so. Also, non US citizens or especially international students cannot use this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really good and easy to use software. for majority of us, this should be your go to application.

As stated in the first answer, if you only have a single source of income with a single w2 form, then I guess this should easily do your job. Not only single job, multiple is allowed too, as long as you can provide the W2 document.

TurboTax Business review by User

"Great tool for simplifying a tedious tax process"

What do you like best?

Compared to going it alone, Turbo Tax Business does a great job of dumbing down a tedious tax process to an easier and more manageable process for business owners. It's easy to follow, and each section is broken down into itemized blocks that make it easier to focus step by step on the task at hand. This also helps in saving information when you want to skip ahead and come back to review. At the end of the process, the review page is comprehensive and highlights certain aspects which you might want to go back and review a second time. I find that the between screen tips and guidelines help to keep you on track and informed as to why certain things are done in specific ways. Overall, it makes doing taxes for a business less polarizing and saves me the cost of an extortionate CPA to accomplish the same task. I always feel more educated at the end of the process, also.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive, and some of the help options provide little to no guidance on specific line items. They seem to lean on giving less than thorough explanations for fields and point you in the direction of their live CPA feature, where you pay a premium in order to get an answer to your question from a live agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the cost of hiring a CPA and compare that against not only the cost of this software, but the cost of in-app purchases and additional services beyond the initial cost of buying Turbo Tax Business.

Filing taxes for a small business, managing expenses, Schedule C and maximizing tax refunds. Using the software is certainly educational and gives you a firm understanding of what you are doing and why. Each year I use Turbo Tax, it becomes a little easier and more understandable to accomplish. Ultimately purchasing the software saves me money and really doesn't take much time to fill out the forms and get done, as long as you have prepared the numbers that you are entering. My favorite feature is being able to enter certain ID numbers from a document and Turbo Tax automatically pulling everything in so that you don't have to type everything out. This doesn't work for every document, but when it does work it's extremely useful.

TurboTax Business review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent Tax Software for Business Owners "

What do you like best?

I found this software to be simple and very user friendly. I was paying someone else to do my taxes, a significant amount, and decided to try out this software last year. I had no problems using it. The software has a checklist of things you would need for your taxes as a business owner that need to be submitted and it helps you find deductions which can save you money. Also if you use it year-to-year, it imports data from the prior year so you do not have to keep adding in information. I found this to be a great tax program and again very simple to use. I have a small business and it is perfect for this.

What do you dislike?

I really had no dislikes about this software program at all. It even came with a free QuickBooks trial for a whole year, so can honestly say there was nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again definitely would recommend this for small business owners and you should also get QuickBooks, it just makes importing all your business data in to TurboTax an extremely simple process. Less chance for user error when filling in data.

Using TurboTax Business has saved me the hassle of using a tax accountant and has saved me a lot of money. I: do suggest using this in conjunction with QuickBooks as it will import data over into TurboTax for you and is a great time saver and helper!

TurboTax Business review by Annie D.
Annie D.

"Very easy to use just like the personal edition"

What do you like best?

The onscreen help on each section and ability to search the forum inside the software. Able to amend the tax returns if a mistake is made. Ability to create and file 1099s for contractors with no extra cost.

What do you dislike?

If you are trying to close a partnership trying to make the ownership ratio reflect a partner leaving at the end of the year is actually pretty difficult. Had to manually update the form instead to get the numbers to match. It's great for ongoing business with no partnership changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For Texas users - they will ask if you would like to file the Texas Franchise Tax with them for a fee. Skip this part as you can do this at the secretary website for free and doesn't take that long.

1099s for Property owners and vendors is a great feature with this software because it is free. No added filing charges and everything is done electronically.

TurboTax Business review by OLIVIA P.
OLIVIA P.

"Simple for business owners"

What do you like best?

The first year I did taxes for our business, I was nervous, but this product is very easy to use and completes your taxes as well as going and paying a tax consultant high dollars to do the same thing. We have been doing our taxes with TurboTax Business for 4 years now and never had a problem. If you are a small business owner, I highly recommend using this.

User-friendly, Very explanatory, and the best bang for your buck.

What do you dislike?

There are some fees that get added at the end, but you are aware of these before proceeding and they can come out of your refund versus your pocket at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own a small business then I highly recommend this product for your yearly taxes.

I use this every year at tax time to file my business taxes myself.

It saves us money.

TurboTax Business review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Turbo Tax"

What do you like best?

I liked that the program was easy to navigate. Much like personal Turbo Tax, it walks you through step by step instructions.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the cost is a little bit pricey with the fees that are charged on a per state basis. Other than that, I have not found anything else with the program that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think at this point in time it is worth the money spent. If the price goes much higher, I would have to begin questioning that myself, however it makes taxes a breeze !

It is fast and efficient. It makes things run more smoothly having previous years information at the click of a button. I am able to knock out taxes in a much smaller time frame than I have been able to previously.

TurboTax Business review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Turbo Tax use for small business"

What do you like best?

Turbo Tax is extremely convenient, affordable, and easy to use. The program guides the lay person through the process of filing taxes and in the end saves me tons of money and hassle of hiring an accountant to do my taxes.

What do you dislike?

As a former user of the Home edition, I do not care for the pricing scale for business products in comparison to the other products offered by Turbo Tax (Intuit).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that Turbo Tax is very intuitive and easy to use. The program will definitely save you money, especially if you own a small business. Like any business endeavor, be sure to keep accurate records of your business transactions to import into the program.

I do not solve business problems by using Turbo Tax, instead I use the product for tax purposes only. The benefits I realize are significant reductions in costs to prepare my taxes.

TurboTax Business review by Kate Q.
Kate Q.

"Very easy to use from start to finish"

What do you like best?

I use Turbo Tax Business for my photography studio taxes and its extremely easy to use. The program walks you through all of the different things you need to submit depending on what type of business you have. The program also checks over everything before you submit the taxes for federal and state. Turbo Tax Business also submits your federal and state taxes for you and you don't have to pay for the filing until you officially submit it.

Occasionally you can get discounts on the actual software from your bank or place of business which is nice.

Even if you forget to print all of the papers out, everything is stored online even if you submit your taxes via paper (I always e-file my taxes)

What do you dislike?

About the only thing I could possibly think of would be the cost but I'm quite sure its significantly less that having an actual person do the taxes for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, price is very reasonable compared to having an actual person prepare your taxes.

This makes tax time very easy as long as I save all of my receipts, document my mileage, etc. etc.

I don't really have any business problems overall and none that I think turbo tax could solve anyway.

TurboTax Business review by Ari S.
Ari S.

"Great Software. "

What do you like best?

The easy to use software allows me to access any forms I need and allows me to deal with complex tax issues I encounter not easily worked out in the basic version.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve. While it allows a step-by-step process, if you want to manually input much of the stuff, there is a lot of trial and error to get the correct inputs to maximize deductions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself time to learn and navigate the program. It is everything you need in a tax software, but can be frustrating at times when you think things should be more intuitive than they actually are.

Tax prep. Prioritizing deductions and maximizing them. Having a masters degree in Accounting, I know how to use turbotax with maximum proficiency and preparing taxes for small businesses as well as myself and my family.

TurboTax Business review by Alysha T.
Alysha T.

"Simple to use "

What do you like best?

I liked that it predicted tax deductions for me and I was able to look into a few things I haven’t considered.

What do you dislike?

Took forever to find “home office” area. It’s not listed in deductions but in income and that was confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Needing to keep track of more expenses.

TurboTax Business review by Joseph S.
Joseph S.

"Makes taxes easy"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very friendly and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the uncertainty of the accuracy. No professional help other than your own understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy and simple to use for small business owners.

We are solving our tax issues. We realized easy to use tax software.

TurboTax Business review by Shlomo C.
Shlomo C.

"A confusing and hard to use business software"

What do you like best?

That it is a software, but there isn't much to like about this software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it isn't easy to use or understand for the average person. Even tax professionals have a hard time using this software and it is very confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't get it, try to use a different software or just hire a tax professional that has a better software.

I tried using it for my business clients, but it was hard to use and understand. Hopefully it recorded all the transactions correctly.

TurboTax Business review by Consultant

"Great Product! Easy to understand!"

What do you like best?

The ease at which you can file your taxes. Every year they provide timely updates and it makes filing taxes so much easier

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it randomly assigns audit risks. It scared my daughter even after she filed everything correctly. Even with the small print.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can either pay an accountant $600 or more or you can just download the latest version of Business TurboTax for $60 or 10%

We were able to maximize our deductions and use amortization tables for capital equipment

TurboTax Business review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Best for Self-Filing"

What do you like best?

Turbo Tax does a tremendous job at doing a step by step walkthrough of everything that may affect your business taxes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes questions arise when adding tax information that cannot be answered by the FAQ and asking a person is more relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the size of your business, sometimes Turbo Tax Home and Business is a better choice but if you truly want to keep everything separate, then this is the way to go. a

Running a small business and also an active trader in the stock market, this software helped lay out everything I needed to still be self-filing instead of hiring it out to be done by someone else. There was significant cost savings by self-filing over have it prepared by others.

TurboTax Business review by Mary A.
Mary A.

"A lifesaver for consultants"

What do you like best?

My husband does IT consulting on the side and TurboTax makes it so easy to do your business taxes. The step-by-step function makes sure that you don't overlook any possible deductions.

The ability to get live help if you need it is a very nice feature.

What do you dislike?

On some of the questions that you are asked it can be very trying understanding exactly what they are asking. Their help function also needs work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a sole proprietor and don't want to spend hundreds of dollars having someone else do your taxes, TurboTax Business is the answer. Even if you have someone else do your taxes, you still have to provide them with all the information. The step-by-step function makes it very easy for you to then complete your taxes yourself.

I've been able to find business deductions with the step-by-step feature that I wouldn't think about which minimizes the tax bill.

TurboTax Business review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Helpful software for those who don't know tax laws"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using TurboTax to help calculate my taxes and get all the correct forms filled out.

What do you dislike?

I think TurboTax Business is quite expensive.

I use TurboTax business as a calculator to get all the correct forms filled out for my clients.

TurboTax Business review by User in Computer Software

"Turbo Tax Business has everything you need for filing business taxes"

What do you like best?

I like the interview mode that makes sure I don't miss any business deductions I may not normally think of. I feel confident that I have covered all my bases when using TT Business.

I also like that it calculates the depreciation of my equipment for me.

The information provided regarding the latest tax laws and canges

What do you dislike?

The updates for TT are huge and take a long time to download and install. Starting the app up takes a long time as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Turbo Tax Business is the best tax preparation software available. You can feel confident that you have not missed any new tax laws or scenarios that you may not be aware of each year.

Using TT to complete my business taxes saves me hours if not days of manual tax prep. Using Turbo Tax Business, I can be sure that I haven't missed any deductions, forgotten to include any income, profits, etc.

TurboTax Business review by Administrator

"Long time happy customer"

What do you like best?

Really like being able to use 'Easy Steps' as I won't or not. I'm not committed to it completely when I don't need/won't i

What do you dislike?

On a personal side, was not able to join two returns for a couple who got married. Would have to start over and create new joint return., that's a lot of unnecessary entry, should be able to combine them

Easy steps helps to remind me of things I may overlook, keeps track of previous entries

TurboTax Business review by Anand S.
Anand S.

"Easy for small business "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and covers most small businesses

What do you dislike?

Little costly, but still cheaper than an accountant for simple business

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well with most inputs.

Easy to use with review and audit defense.

TurboTax Business review by Julia S.
Julia S.

"Turbo is right!"

What do you like best?

I love this software! It walks you through every possible thing you could need! I always get my biggest return using this software.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re tired of hiring accountants and spending tons of money, look no further.

Benefits would be precise, fast and not expensive. Many employees have a lot of 1099s and this software makes it easy.

TurboTax Business review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Makes Tax Season Fun Instead Of A Chore."

What do you like best?

Changes right along with tax regulation changes. Always has easy to follow guides with questions.

What do you dislike?

Some questions can still be confusing at times requiring me to do some digging on TurboTax.com or searching the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eliminates the need to hire accountants. Perfect for one man operations.

I use it mainly for running a duplex, but also to include web development freelance work. The benefits are that the software always manages to ask the questions I don't even think about leading to a higher tax return.

TurboTax Business review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Saves THOU$AND$ every year vs. paying accountant"

What do you like best?

fairly quick data entry

Saves THOU$AND$ every year vs. paying accountant

What do you dislike?

No way to see running tax calc total while entering data. Tax Calc window blocks all other program functions so it has to be constantly opened, closed, re-opened, re-closed... NO EXCUSE FOR THIS

Very difficult to get Intuit to confirm BUGS in software... and harder still to get them to FIX their bugs, even after reporting the same bugs for several YEARS

Schedule M-1 and M-2 balance reconciliation a REAL pain in the A$$. Requires my to contact our CPA every year to create numbers to get past this step.

No way to electronically pay California $800 annual minimum corporate, LLC and partnership tax for current year. CRAZY oversight causing us to use frustrating California Franchise Tax Board electronic payment website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NOTE: You can only file FIVE tax returns from each computer you install TurboTax for Business on. If you need to file more, you need to buy their very expensive Professional program... or install on another PC.

ONLY runs on Microsoft Windows PCs... not Mac OSX. HUGE oversight

buy TurboTax Business downloads online instead of paying Intuit full price or retail stores.

make sure your TurboTax Business state products show up in your TurboTax.com "Downloads" tab since sooner or later you may need to reinstall them into TurboTax Business

MAJOR reduction in filing our fairly simple C-corporation, LLC and limited partnership federal & state tax returns.

TurboTax Business review by User

"Great tool for Self-Employed"

What do you like best?

While there are many tax programs to use out there, TurboTax Business stood out for a few reasons. I loved the ability to talk to a CPA live to give me peace of mind that I was doing my taxes correctly in my first year filing as self-employed. I also loved how I got my refund back within a week, both federal and state.

What do you dislike?

Some do not have a W-2 which will be a problem when using this software. If you don't have a W-2 they won't let you proceed with your filing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a W-2!

Tax filing

TurboTax Business review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Great for small, personal businesses"

What do you like best?

I am part of a small personal company with a few others and this software is great for doing our taxes.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about TurboTax Business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own a small business and are paying an accountant to do your taxes, you are wasting your money. Turbo Tax is used by millions of people for a good reason.

It gives you step by step walkthroughs of how to do your business taxes. All I have to do is make sure I have all the necessary paperwork to enter into the program.

TurboTax Business review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Great Business Tax Tool for Small Businss"

What do you like best?

I like that it guides me through all of the appropriate areas to consider

What do you dislike?

You have to make sure that you get the correct product for the level of business you conduct

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get the appropriate level for your business use

Quick and easy tool to assist with completing business taxes

TurboTax Business review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use because it does taxes step by step.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the higher cost of using software to file taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and quick refunds with efile

We dont have any business problems that need to be solved. Benefits are easy filing system and faster refunds.

TurboTax Business review by Sharon M.
Sharon M.

"TurboTax Busniess -- very efficient"

What do you like best?

I've been using TurboTax for several years. It's really a time saver. The questions are well written. And when I have needed clarity on an issue, I've always been able to find the answer in the support forum.

What do you dislike?

Having to do my taxes in the first place. Meh.

I save a lot of money doing the business taxes myself.

TurboTax Business review by Carole O.
Carole O.

"Have used this product to prepare several companies tax returns"

What do you like best?

This product is very user-friendly with questions to guide you through the preparation of a business tax return.

What do you dislike?

This product is rather expensive compared to other similar products on the market. Also, I did not find it to be as comprehensive as I needed. Because I have experience preparing business tax returns, I knew where to look for a specific form that was needed for a tax return, however an inexperienced user would probably have missed a tax deduction if they were not familiar with filing business tax returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other business tax programs out there that are very easy to use for less money.

Preparing business tax returns at a fraction of the cost of hiring a CPA.

TurboTax Business review by Dineshq K.
Dineshq K.

"Dinesh TTax "

What do you like best?

This is a very comprehensive tax file software tool which In have been using for last 12 years.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes not like the part that its search engine is not very intuitive

Dinesh business related entries and making sure these are correctly accounted for

TurboTax Business review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"easy affordable taxes program"

What do you like best?

i have been using them for the last couple of years I love that my taxes are easily accessible and year by year they are improving

What do you dislike?

i didn't have any major issues with them so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy and simple

doing my business and personal taxes

TurboTax Business review by Felicia R.
Felicia R.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Product was easy to use and will definitely use again.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to edit and delete documents that are no longer needed.

Learning how to do business taxes myself rather than someone else doing it for me.

"Tax Filing"

What do you like best?

Turbo Tax creates a streamlined experience that walks you through each step of the process to make you feel secure in filing your taxes.

What do you dislike?

If you accidentally click on an upgraded experience, it does not allow you to revert back to the original choice you selected.

TurboTax makes it easy to file taxes for individuals and businesses alike because it is easy to use and has a a step by step approach.

TurboTax Business review by Margaret v.
Margaret v.

"Excellent software, easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Easy to understand explanations and customer support is good.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about this program.

Easy tax returns and schedule 300 preparation.

TurboTax Business review by User in Dairy
User in Dairy

"Robust program"

What do you like best?

Each year the program improves and makes it easier for business owners to generate their own tax forms with confidence. We've been long time users and will use it again this year.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a challenge to find the place to enter data from 1099s.

Keeping our tax preparation costs down is super important. This software fits the bill.

TurboTax Business review by Jenna E.
Jenna E.

"Love turbo tax software"

What do you like best?

It does not get any simpler then turbo tax software, it's truly basically fill in the blank, let's you know when you've missed something or something is not correct.

What do you dislike?

return process time which mostly is just the IT'S taking there time.

Love it! It's super simple to use vs. Other brands of tax software. Saves alot of time and money.

"TurboTax"

What do you like best?

Much like the other versions, TurboTax Business walks you through the filing process step-by-step, simplifying the tax preparation process.

What do you dislike?

The costs associated with TurboTax seem to increase every year and it can add up to file both Federal and State.

Reduces the need and cost of having an accountant prepare taxes, especially for those with uncomplicated situations.

Learning about TurboTax Business?

* We monitor all TurboTax Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare TurboTax Business to Similar Solutions