TurningPoint ARS

TurningPoint is an interactive polling software that offers instant management of polling participants, content, sessions and reports.

Work for TurningPoint ARS?

Learning about TurningPoint?

TurningPoint ARS Reviews

Showing 7 TurningPoint reviews
TurningPoint review by Seth J.
Seth J.

"Good, but has gotten more expensive"

What do you like best?

We used Turning Point for years, but recently switched to iClicker (formerly called Reef Polling). I liked the straightforward usability of Turning Point. Before smartphones became ubiquitous, their physical clickers were reliable and cheap. I liked the ability to integrate with our learning management system automatically.

What do you dislike?

Like many companies Turning Point has moved away from sales and toward leasing a license for their product. The cost for this license became too high for our students and we were forced to change over to Reef Polling, now called iClicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all the options. There may be something better that works for you at your price point.

We used Turning Point to keep attendance, maintain student interest in large lectures, and easily score in-class quizzes. I mainly used the multiple choice option, but did occasionally use some of the more exotic options for answers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TurningPoint ARS
TurningPoint review by Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

"It's great when it works"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to make polling slides on PC or Mac. My clients like the keypads vs attendees using their phones.

What do you dislike?

I found that TP doesn't always function correctly depending on the type of PowerPoint update. TP will work great, but after a small Microsoft update to PowerPoint, TP will not display graphs correctly, or the clock animation doesn't work. I use rental laptops, so I don't have control over the version of PowerPoint updates. MOST of the time, the system works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful of PowerPoint updates

It gets the audience engaged, and the system also provides feedback (via evaluations) on presenters. I know who is being impactful and relevant. It creates a better experience for the attendees, which is the ultimate goal.

What Audience Response solution do you use?

TurningPoint review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"I would create Microsoft PowerPoint Slides using TurningPoint for professors to use in their classes"

What do you like best?

I think it's a great way to make learning, (especially review), interactive for students in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little finicky when you are opening it and PowerPoint. you have to make sure you do it in a certain order, otherwise you're slides won't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a teacher or as a speaker wanting to engage with your audience, this is a great tool.

I think it is a great took to keep students engaged in the classroom. I wish that, as a student, I had the opportunity to use it.

TurningPoint review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="46d5e672-b68c-40c6-acfc-56fbb4da0451">Sandra L.</span>
Sandra L.
" itemprop="name" />

"Good failure-proof system"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of this system- when you are running it in "Anywhere Polling" mode .This is my preferred mode for conferences as no links or additional program is necessary. Therefore when your presenter shows up 5 minutes before their lecture and has made 20 changes, no problem, The poll runs in a window over the PPT presentation.

I also like that no internet is needed to run this program.

What do you dislike?

The system is not inexpensive.

The system defaults to only 4 questions, which can be a bit annoying as its not obvious where to change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good system for our use. The clickers are easy to lose however being so small. It really is simple to use (many of my presenters run it on their own even though an AV tech is available). I only use it in ANYWHERE POLLING mode for my conferences.

We have great participant engagement with this tool and our delegates love it as proven by our post-conference evaluations

TurningPoint review by Whitney B.
Whitney B.

"Turning Point is a great anonymous survey tool"

What do you like best?

I like that the clickers can be used in meetings without having to identify participants.

What do you dislike?

With the newest version, the clickers each need to be licensed, and the license only lasts a year. Otherwise, you cannot collect and analyze the responses in certain ways (i.e. per user).

I use the TurningPoint system to survey clientele during meetings.

TurningPoint review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"It was alrigh"

What do you like best?

I like the simple concept of this system- when you are running it in "Anywhere Polling" mode .This is my preferred mode for conferences as no links or additional program is necessary. Therefore when your presenter shows up 10 minutes before their lecture and has made 20 changes, it is no problem at all.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the price point, but it isnt bad considering the price of other competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like easy products that are not hard to learn. This one is it!

We are trying to make it as easy as possible for work to function as intended. That includes presenters having a very easy time to make changes to their work.

TurningPoint review by Kathryn H.
Kathryn H.

"Turning Point in Large Lecture Classes"

What do you like best?

Self-paced polling for exams and quizzes.

What do you dislike?

Integrations of responseware for phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for all educators in large lecture classes for reading quizzes, exams, and polling for reading.

I am able to do attendance, quizzes, and tests more efficiently, saving me time grading 90 of anything. I can use polling everyday in the classroom. It is an invaluable resource.

Learning about TurningPoint ARS?

* We monitor all TurningPoint ARS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.