TVEyes

TVEyes is a search engine expressly designed for discovering and quickly finding television or radio coverage.

Work for TVEyes?

Showing 39 TVEyes reviews
TVEyes review by <span>Sam S.</span>
Sam S.

Essential for campaigns

What do you like best?

No other service has given me the footage I need to track the TV news cycle, where the online coverage increasingly diverges from what's on air. The search function can be incredibly helpful for research. I would recommend this as an essential service for any campaign for Congress, US Senate, or big city mayor.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to access and search. A single-use search function would be very helpful, since it's not the cheapest platform to maintain an account with. Additionally, I wish there were more extra functions and easier integration for web platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the political space, I think it's essential for races at the big city Mayor level and above.

I can track appearances from clients and see the relative value of our earned media (and that of our opponents), giving me an idea of how to spend a very limited TV budget. Knowing where you're showing up on the airwaves is invaluable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TVEyes
TVEyes review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

TVEyes shows you client broadcast coverage that isn't published online

What do you like best?

I love the fact that TVEyes gives me access to all my clients' broadcast clips and media mentions, especially since they aren't published online anywhere. After a news conference, I can see exactly who aired stories about my client, the number of times the story aired, the viewership for each mention, and the total publicity value of the coverage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find your client's media mentions because their auto-transcription text often misspells things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your clients acquire a decent amount of broadcast (radio and/or TV) coverage, this is definitely the way to go as far as monitoring and quantifying those media mentions.

TVEyes helps prove the value of media coverage to clients by quantifying the publicity value of each clip into an actual monetary amount.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

TVEyes review by <span>Maura H.</span>
Maura H.

Finicky, but typically finds what you're looking for

What do you like best?

provides a clip of the tv segment (and some broadcast) that you're looking for. Customer service was always good, too.

What do you dislike?

somewhat difficult to search, have to try a variety of different spellings and groups of words since it's sorting through transcripts that are not typically spell checked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have time, and setup good search terms. If you're having issues, be sure to reach out to your rep -- often when I couldn't find something I would email them saying what station it was on and at what time and they would search for me.

Media monitoring for coverage. Can provide clients with clips of their TV (and some Radio) interviews.

TVEyes review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

Rice University feedback

What do you like best?

I like that we can instantly have access to broadcast clips, clip them for a link, save them and download them within minutes.

What do you dislike?

TV Eyes doesn't monitor the radio stations in our home media market (and others) that we really need. Houston, Texas, is a top 10 media market, yet only one radio news station is monitored. No sports stations, nor the NPR affiliate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that they monitor the markets and media outlets you care most about, especially the radio stations you need. They depend on media-provided closed captioning to catch our mentions. We have found that the CC by some media is really poor, and we don't always see what has aired.

Providing metrics and clips to our key stakeholders.

TVEyes review by User in Internet

A great way to keep tabs on your TV and radio mentions

What do you like best?

The service monitors a lot of stations, so you're able to get notifications about a broad range of TV and radio press hits. TVEyes also calculates the media value of each hit, so it's a great measurement tool. You have the freedom to edit the video clip down to only what you need and save it in an archive. It's a great way to quickly share press hits with your team without have to have eyes everywhere.

What do you dislike?

TVEyes sometimes picks up hits that aren't relevant to your brand, so you do have to sift through the notifications. It also isn't super user-friendly (it has a few kinks), but once you know how to navigate it isn't too bad.

TVEyes helped us identify when and where we were mentioned on TV to better keep track of our press hits. It also helped us calculate the value of our earned media. Without it, we wouldn't have known about many of our biggest press hits unless we were glued to the tube.

TVEyes review by Agency
Agency

TVEyes Review from PR Professional

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly trim, edit and pull clips. It is nice that all broadcast and radio is included so I can usually find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I hate that there is usually a 24 to 48 delay on when content is added into the system. It makes it hard when we are looking for things in real-time and need to flag off to the client as soon as possible. In addition, the alerts are delayed so when using the service you can't fully rely on the alerts themselves.

The business problems solving is being able to search and find the video/audio cliips for our clients. Working in an agency, we have to quickly identify secured coverage, be able to edit/cut the clips and then export them to share with our clients.

Learning about TVEyes?

* We monitor all TVEyes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare TVEyes to Similar Solutions