TVEyes

3.6

TVEyes is a search engine expressly designed for discovering and quickly finding television or radio coverage.

Work for TVEyes?

Learning about TVEyes?

TVEyes Reviews

Ask TVEyes a Question
Showing 47 TVEyes reviews
TVEyes review by Ethan W.
Ethan W.

" POWERFULLY SIMPLE TV SEARCH"

What do you like best?

The CEO needs to know. Our search engine helps you pinpoint the right coverage, instantly. No phone calls, no waiting. Click, and you’re done

What do you dislike?

We alert you to broadcast coverage within moments of airing – so you can advise clients, head-off issues, correct errors and identify trends earlier

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep organized as you search. Just click and save to Archive to review and share at a later time.

Creating reports is powerfully simple. Click, add, annotate and edit. Add analysis and commentary. Share with executives, account teams and clients. See? You’re simply powerful.

Our broadcast monitoring suite keeps you on top of TV and radio coverage no matter where it appears – on CNN, on the local NBC affiliate in Twin Falls, Idaho, or broadcast over the radio airwaves in Trinidad. Our powerful tools help you discover and pinpoint the right clips easily, analyze the impact and report successes widely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about TVEyes
TVEyes review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Essential for campaigns"

What do you like best?

No other service has given me the footage I need to track the TV news cycle, where the online coverage increasingly diverges from what's on air. The search function can be incredibly helpful for research. I would recommend this as an essential service for any campaign for Congress, US Senate, or big city mayor.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to access and search. A single-use search function would be very helpful, since it's not the cheapest platform to maintain an account with. Additionally, I wish there were more extra functions and easier integration for web platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the political space, I think it's essential for races at the big city Mayor level and above.

I can track appearances from clients and see the relative value of our earned media (and that of our opponents), giving me an idea of how to spend a very limited TV budget. Knowing where you're showing up on the airwaves is invaluable.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

"Review of TVeyes"

What do you like best?

TVeyes is your eyes and ears for television and radio outlets locally and across the country. While the technology is not perfect and may not catch everything, it does a great job of allowing you to track in real-time your earned-media hits, create clips for playback, and more.

What do you dislike?

The technology does not catch absolutely everything and is clumsy on mobile devices. The interface could use an upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other services to see if they have better interfaces while offering same services. TVeyes, for the price, does a great job.

Our staff are able to track the results of their earned media efforts and see exactly when and on what stations stories are hitting. You're alerted in real-time to mentions you aren't aware of, and able to track in a timely manner what would otherwise require hours each day of fastforwarding through DVR footage.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"TVEyes shows you client broadcast coverage that isn't published online "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that TVEyes gives me access to all my clients' broadcast clips and media mentions, especially since they aren't published online anywhere. After a news conference, I can see exactly who aired stories about my client, the number of times the story aired, the viewership for each mention, and the total publicity value of the coverage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to find your client's media mentions because their auto-transcription text often misspells things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your clients acquire a decent amount of broadcast (radio and/or TV) coverage, this is definitely the way to go as far as monitoring and quantifying those media mentions.

TVEyes helps prove the value of media coverage to clients by quantifying the publicity value of each clip into an actual monetary amount.

TVEyes review by Maura H.
Maura H.

"Finicky, but typically finds what you're looking for"

What do you like best?

provides a clip of the tv segment (and some broadcast) that you're looking for. Customer service was always good, too.

What do you dislike?

somewhat difficult to search, have to try a variety of different spellings and groups of words since it's sorting through transcripts that are not typically spell checked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have time, and setup good search terms. If you're having issues, be sure to reach out to your rep -- often when I couldn't find something I would email them saying what station it was on and at what time and they would search for me.

Media monitoring for coverage. Can provide clients with clips of their TV (and some Radio) interviews.

TVEyes review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Rice University feedback"

What do you like best?

I like that we can instantly have access to broadcast clips, clip them for a link, save them and download them within minutes.

What do you dislike?

TV Eyes doesn't monitor the radio stations in our home media market (and others) that we really need. Houston, Texas, is a top 10 media market, yet only one radio news station is monitored. No sports stations, nor the NPR affiliate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that they monitor the markets and media outlets you care most about, especially the radio stations you need. They depend on media-provided closed captioning to catch our mentions. We have found that the CC by some media is really poor, and we don't always see what has aired.

Providing metrics and clips to our key stakeholders.

TVEyes review by User in Internet

"A great way to keep tabs on your TV and radio mentions"

What do you like best?

The service monitors a lot of stations, so you're able to get notifications about a broad range of TV and radio press hits. TVEyes also calculates the media value of each hit, so it's a great measurement tool. You have the freedom to edit the video clip down to only what you need and save it in an archive. It's a great way to quickly share press hits with your team without have to have eyes everywhere.

What do you dislike?

TVEyes sometimes picks up hits that aren't relevant to your brand, so you do have to sift through the notifications. It also isn't super user-friendly (it has a few kinks), but once you know how to navigate it isn't too bad.

TVEyes helped us identify when and where we were mentioned on TV to better keep track of our press hits. It also helped us calculate the value of our earned media. Without it, we wouldn't have known about many of our biggest press hits unless we were glued to the tube.

TVEyes review by Agency
Agency

"TVEyes Review from PR Professional"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly trim, edit and pull clips. It is nice that all broadcast and radio is included so I can usually find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I hate that there is usually a 24 to 48 delay on when content is added into the system. It makes it hard when we are looking for things in real-time and need to flag off to the client as soon as possible. In addition, the alerts are delayed so when using the service you can't fully rely on the alerts themselves.

The business problems solving is being able to search and find the video/audio cliips for our clients. Working in an agency, we have to quickly identify secured coverage, be able to edit/cut the clips and then export them to share with our clients.

TVEyes review by Tanner W.
Tanner W.

"Good as a Supplemental Media Monitoring Service but Not Complete Tool"

What do you like best?

-Much easier to track specific broadcast placements than other media monitoring services used

-Good interface for searching clips in various markets

What do you dislike?

-Often missed specific placements that other monitoring tools (like Google Alerts caught; sometimes the UX was sluggish and seemed outdated

Recommendations to others considering the product

-Make sure you're at least using Google Alerts to catch placements that might have fallen through the cracks, since otherwise your reports will be less comprehensive

-Media monitoring to create reports to measure PR success/visibility

TVEyes review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Best Broadcast Monitoring System"

What do you like best?

TV Eyes allows you to to monitor daily coverage and also search for clips on an ad hoc basis. Love that you can save clips and download them for clients needs.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard appears dated compared to other monitoring services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

TV Eyes is a great solution for broadcast monitoring needs. You have the ability to search for multiple keywords and clients, and the user experience is very positive.

We can now easily monitor for broadcast mentions for clients.

TVEyes review by Hannah K.
Hannah K.

"Small Learning Curve But Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

TVEyes has a lot of information that is easily accessible. Being able to search for news coverage of our nonprofits to best utilize our press was very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think there is a bit of a learning curve with TVEyes as far as knowing how to best take advantage of the software and navigating some of the more complicated features.

Accessing and promoting PR coverage with ease

TVEyes review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"TVEyes Review"

What do you like best?

I like the clip editor the best. In comparison to other softwares we use for this (SnapStream) it is much easier to clip and edit videos on TVeyes.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the search engine. When using the power search on tVEyes i often get inaccurate results or no resukts at all.

We use TVEyes almost daily to post videos to our homepage so it is very beneficial for my company.

TVEyes review by User

"Uninspired ux but gets the job done"

What do you like best?

TV eyes literally has everything from the tiniest little local news stations to the big networks there’s pretty much nothing that you cannot find if you dig hard enough

What do you dislike?

The user experience is not that great. It can be difficult to search and the transcripts can be very hard to read and navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finding clips of news segments that clients are interested in or participated in

TVEyes review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Lackluster demo and pushy customer service"

What do you like best?

The national coverage captured by TVEyes is nice.

What do you dislike?

The customer service rep I worked with was super pushy. I never signed up for a demo, and they started sending me coverage reports. Then, when I needed to cancel a scheduled demo, the rep gave me a really hard time about it. I will not be working with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of other services in this space, such as Metro Monitor. The rep I worked with at TVEyes was rude to me, so I will not give them my business.

TVEyes doesn't provide much that I can't get with my current service, which is more affordable.

"Good experience "

TVEyes review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Great comprehensive coverage!"

What do you like best?

I like the analytics behind TV Eyes monitoring. I'm able to see the potential dollars saved or spent--and that's really helpful in deciding what stories to push and on what stations, etc.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had a complaint thus far--sometimes the news links that they digest and send have broken links, but I believe that is the fault of the individual news affiliates and not the software.

We're getting a much more comprehensive view of how we're being covered in the media and what media sources are viewed the most, which is helpful to us as we pitch and create stories.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Out of date user interface, still delivers on the need"

What do you like best?

I like that TVEyes send notifications when the key terms are included in news & the quality of the clips are decent.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is extremely outdated and could be updated to attract new users.

Capturing news clips for clients. The benefits I have noticed include: reliability - usually all things are captured within the system.

"Like it!"

What do you like best?

I like that it has the transcript as well as the clip so you can follow along if needed or do a quick word search.

What do you dislike?

The search tool does not always pick up the coverage that exists.

The ability to capture broadcast and radio coverage for my clients is great.

TVEyes review by Brittany A.
Brittany A.

"Outdated"

What do you like best?

It's really the best tool for finding media clips, especially ones that go live on broadcast channels because they'll likely never air again.

What do you dislike?

It's a very outdated tool. The interface could be much more user friendly and more visually appealing.

Being able to locate clips that aren't available on broadcast pages or YouTube.

TVEyes review by User in Legislative Office
User in Legislative Office

"great for pushing out your own content"

What do you like best?

that it is simple to cut the video, and then download!

What do you dislike?

some clips (like Fox News) you can't download due to copyright infringement

Recommendations to others considering the product

that the more search terms you have, the better!

pushing out great clips goes a long way for social media, and FB especially which prioritizes video

TVEyes review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great at collecting data"

What do you like best?

TV Eyes is great for finding any media hits for my clients.

What do you dislike?

The appearance of the website is a little outdated, but still easy to figure out how to use.

We use this to track media hits our clients receive so we can report back all the details.

TVEyes review by Kei P.
Kei P.

"TVEyes great/unethical"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and immediate accessibility!

What do you dislike?

Not sure if it is an invasion of privacy or not for sure.

Servicing so many children during the summer, this would make it easy to keep track of books and movies.

TVEyes review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"TVEyes: Great numbers, so-so UI"

What do you like best?

I like that I can track TV and radio segments. The viewership numbers are great and can't be found in other places.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is terrible. It's very hard to navigate and quite antiquated. It is far below other monitoring services in design and usability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call customer support whenever needed. They often know how to work the tricky site.

Measuring impressions of broadcast is great through TVEyes. We are able to showcase our ROI with solid numbers instead of estimations.

TVEyes review by User in Higher Education

"Helpful, but needs friendlier format"

What do you like best?

The service that tveyes provides is great, the clip editor is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The format is hard to use, needs to be more friendly layout

We need to see placements that don't run online and only broadcast so tveyes provides that

TVEyes review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Excellent platform for monitoring and clipping TV coverage"

What do you like best?

Ease of searching by keyword makes it great for finding what you need.

What do you dislike?

False matches in search results can sometimes slow down finding what you need.

Easy to monitor organization’s appearance in tv news and follow coverages of important topics.

TVEyes review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"Helps grab TV snippets"

What do you like best?

TVEyes is useful beause it helps grab video coverage that you might otherwise miss.

What do you dislike?

On occasion TVEyes will miss a story or mention.

TVEyes allows you to monitor video, which sometimes has a lag in posting online.

TVEyes review by User in Higher Education

"TVEyes"

What do you like best?

Being able to monitor television mentions across the country.

What do you dislike?

Missed opportunities due to local news radio stations not being added.

Ability to provide our board and senior leadership with an estimate of earned media dollars.

TVEyes review by User

"Great experience using TVEyes!"

What do you like best?

TVEyes did a great job of always capturing our media mentions and their customer service was always supportive and available.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I can say I disliked about this company. Their customer service was outstanding and they rarely missed any clips that I had requested. If a clip was missed, they were quick to find it and send it to me.

Capturing all broadcast media mentions of Owens Community College.

TVEyes review by User

"Not a good option for TV monitoring"

What do you like best?

I do enjoy seeing all the TV hits for our organization, but TV Eyes pulls entirely too many hits and doesn't parse down the search well enough.

What do you dislike?

Way too simplistic, but still very clunky to use. Way too many automated emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very clunky product and not at all easy to use.

We have been able to track TV media hits that we were never able to track before.

TVEyes review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"TV Eyes - Great value"

What do you like best?

TVEyes has allowed us to capture media hits on and place them on Facebook so they play automatically. It’s generated more engagement and comments on our videos and enhanced our social presence.

What do you dislike?

It can be wonky sometimes and a little glitchy when capturing the video.

We want to share more videos organically onto our Facebook and Twitter pages without linking to news sites, and its allowed us to do so.

TVEyes review by Tara P.
Tara P.

"Great service when you need it"

What do you like best?

The notifications and real-time results are the best

What do you dislike?

Cost is always a factor, wish there were more options

media monitoring; being able to react quicker

TVEyes review by User in Design
User in Design

"An excellent service for clips"

What do you like best?

I'd been looking for a quick way to grab clips off broadcast that tracked by words and phrases used, and this did the trick with such great ease.

What do you dislike?

The stations that we can search for are too limited, it'd be great if more radio and broadcast networks were included.

I'm able to find our marketing and advertising spots and track our success and audience.

TVEyes review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Easy monitoring for TV And radio mentions

What do you dislike?

Difficult to navigate initially but the help is great

Easy to calculate editorial content value

TVEyes review by Agency in Sports
Agency in Sports

"TVEYES"

What do you like best?

The ability to clip news segments in my local market to share with clients.

What do you dislike?

The editing feature could be improved for an easier user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For clipping news segments this software is useful to share with the clients. Can use some improvements for searching for segments and cutting clips.

Providing tangible proof of our agency's work for the client.

TVEyes review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great for locating, tracking, sharing content"

What do you like best?

Useful tool to identify where media mentions are occurring in broadcast. The searchability using terms, locations, etc., is easy to access and navigate. Also seamless being able to send links to clips straight from the software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to work on select browsers.

The ability to share content with colleagues.

TVEyes review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Pleased with the service"

What do you like best?

The accuracy of the clips and the customer service. Victor is the best!

What do you dislike?

There have occasionally been system failures that caused us to lose clips not yet downloaded.

We are able to review all news stories and respond accordingly. We have been able to easily share the clips within our office so all levels of management are on the same page.

TVEyes review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"All the clips you can’t find otherwise"

What do you like best?

TVEyes is the best way our departments has found to accurately and comprehensively search TV news coverage—especially at small, local stations.

What do you dislike?

The interface is outdated and sending links could be easier.

It’s challenging to find usable media clips from smaller TV markets, but TVEyes provides access to all of them.

TVEyes review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Easy TV Monitoring"

What do you like best?

The only service I've used that can track down TV segments.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very old and outdated. It's often difficult to navigate in order to find what I need.

Capturing tv clips allows us to show our results to our executives and track the ROI of our efforts.

"Effective for use"

What do you like best?

TVEyes effectively monitors what’s happening in the media for my own use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about TVEyes. They do great work.

I don’t have to worry about missing anything, thanks to TVEyes. It allows me to multi-task.

"Good PR tool"

What do you like best?

I find this tool works best when you are expecting a TV mention for a client.

What do you dislike?

A bit outdated from an aesthetic standpoint.

Allows PR agencies to find mentions of clients on national/ local TV.

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good enough for what we need"

What do you like best?

the ability to search by words in transcript and time, date and region

What do you dislike?

Transcript is not always accurate, unable to search through our saved clips. not all channels avail

the ability to share clips with our clients quickl y

TVEyes review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Very helpful, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

It helps me find clips quick and efficiently for clients

What do you dislike?

It's a slow process, requires too much reliance on the word capture being correct, and the video quality isn't great.

Grabbing clips for clients.

TVEyes review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Easy to use, great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service - I like how easy it is to contact a rep to get service.

What do you dislike?

The interface, looks outdated and older.

Capturing clips, benefits is that we can pull broadcast segments

User in Public Relations and Communications

"Gets the job done with no frills"

What do you like best?

Easily searchable database. The alerts are also helpful.

What do you dislike?

Site tends to be slow at times. Could be easier to navigate.

Searching for and downloading broadcast clips.

"Satisfactory "

What do you like best?

Tracks media notifications accurately most of the time

What do you dislike?

Sometimes detects name mentions that are inaccurate

Inaccurate flagging. Moment-to-moment notification.

"TV eyes "

What do you like best?

The platform for TV Eyes is user friendly

What do you dislike?

TV Eyes malfunctions more often than it should

Quickly find information

TVEyes review by User

"TV media tracking for PR clients"

What do you like best?

Easy way to track local television mentions.

What do you dislike?

Delayed postings of clips and occasional poor translations.

Media tracking/monitoring

Learning about TVEyes?

* We monitor all TVEyes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.