Twilio

Twilio lets you use standard web languages to build voice, VoIP and SMS applications via a web API. Build the next generation of communications with us.

Work for Twilio?

Learning about Twilio?

Twilio Reviews

Ask Twilio a Question
Showing 79 Twilio reviews
Twilio review by Brandon F.
Brandon F.

"Awesome SMS API"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily send and receive SMS messages, including auto-responders based on specific data points.

What do you dislike?

Twilio's control panel is extremely powerful, but with that power brings confusion. The way you set up certain things (such as callback URLs or assigning phone numbers) can be a little confusing when you are managing more than one service in one control panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify your exact and specific needs before you sign on, and then focus on achieving those goals. Twilio has a lot of capabilities and their control panel can be confusing - their services are definitely more technically oriented than user-based in my opinion, so you may benefit from leveraging a tech company's integration services.

We leverage Twilio for multiple purposes. Firstly, our agents (real estate agents) can subscribe to be notified when new leads are assigned to them, or when new unassigned leads are imported into our system from various sources. Secondly, our software automatically allows anyone to send an SMS to our Twilio number with an MLS id number and receive information back about the property without any human intervention (and this process doubles as a lead capture system to capture the sender's phone number, and sometimes their name through Twilio's baked-in addon support).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Twilio
Twilio review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"Settings hte bar for SMS and Voice Automation "

What do you like best?

Twilio is very reliable and easy to get started on. The concepts are relatively simple and the price is very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Higher end functionality with Twilio can start to get confusing, and by default they do not set things up in a manner that is the most secure. They could do a better job of letting the user know how to set things up securely, and also how to make the most of their functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twilio is great for getting started, but really take some time to read up on everything it can do and evaluate all the functionality, both in terms of what it can do *for* you and what is can possibly do *to* you. Their customer support is friendly and responsive in case you make a mistake or just have a question, so dont be afraid to reach out and speak with them.

I am using Twilio to send SMS messages for Forgotten Password systems on websites, customer follow ups for insurance, and lead outreach for insurance agencies. We have even incorporated their voice and telephone technologies into critical system alerts after hours.

What Cloud Communication Platforms solution do you use?

Twilio review by Jose Q.
Jose Q.

"Your communications system, everywhere!"

What do you like best?

Twilio is a very extensive and comprehensive communications platform in the cloud. It has literally everything you need to start a company's inbound and outbound communications system from absolutely zero, or to revamp an existing local PBX system to use Cloud-based capabilities. What I absolutely love from Twilio is the enormous expansion possibilities that it has via programming (it supports Ruby, PHP, Perl and Java, among others), and for the non-initiated the "Getting Started" tutorials are just perfect to get a go in hours, not days.

What do you dislike?

There are so many useful and powerful features in Twilio that there is really not much to dislike; however, since everything has a margin for improvements, I'd add "Twilio Softphones", that can be deployed to endpoints (or remotely via email or other means) already preprogrammed with the required SIP domain authentication values. Currently, for SIP, each customer needs to provide their own softphonn software and program them by hand. That feature would be absolutely the best addition to top an already excellent communications suite!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it! Even if you internally use an on-premises PBX solution such as Asterisk or Cisco you can easily integrate it with Twilio via SIP Trunking and take advantage of the huge quantity of communication capabilities it provides! And it even provides you with a free Trial account (phone number included!) for you to experiment and evaluate it, so it's a no-lose scenario.

Our entire communications infrastructure is in Twilio. We previously had a mixture of several providers (both Cloud and on-premises) for that, but with Twilio we consolidated inbound and outbound telephony, SMS campaigns, IVR capabilities, call recording and customizable extensions, and even integration with our CRM platform.

Twilio review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Exceptionally reliable service, but expensive"

What do you like best?

Its been exceptionally reliable, we never had any problems at all. As we are looking to international expansion it is also quite (exceptionally) cheap in some localities such as the US, it is also plug in and play so we don't need to change any code apart from getting a local number. Very cheap to acquire telephone numbers which is great. Twilio chat is an exciting addition which we are looking to implement shortly, a great solution to handling web sockets on auto scaling clusters (with the complication of having multiple instances running at once). We have been offered discounts ( and got a discount for being a y combinator alumni) which is awesome, but the on going offer is only 10% which i feel could be more generous.

What do you dislike?

Live reporting could be more instant, usually takes 2+ minutes to appear in logs which when you are developing / testing can be slightly annoying. Its also exceptionally expensive in the uk compared to some other rivals such as voodoo sms. Australia + Denmark strangely expensive. Twilio chat has a limit of 1000 chats per user which means we'll have to delete messages as we go which will bring chat out of alignment with our internal database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it when your time is expensive, consider switching providers when your scale makes it very expensive

We use twilio for our transactional notifications. Exceptionally easy to implement and great documentation at a cost.

Twilio review by User in Computer Software

"Great Tool For Experienced Users"

What do you like best?

Twilio offers a better price point than others in the industry. This better price point makes the service easier to sell in conjunction with our software service. Also, we are able to connect this service to our software to allow customers to easily submit their appointment reminders for calls or texts. I also feel the text option is very attractive in this day and age. I know I personally would rather receive a text than a call.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not very user friendly for reporting or finding data for a specific sub-customer. With the prior service, the customer would just have to stop using the service to no longer be charged. Occasionally, we still have incoming activity for customers that have canceled service. We've also had a few complaints that the messages are very 'robotic' in comparison to our previous service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twilio can be very useful as long as you are able to create an API to pull the data. I don't love the UI reporting.

We use Twilio for appointment confirmation call and text services for our customers. It is a service very often utilized by our customers in conjunction with the software that we offer. The reasonable price point and usage-based billing make this an attractive offering.

Twilio review by Deborah E.
Deborah E.

"Twilio has a global reach. "

What do you like best?

Twilio is the most extensive communications platform I have used. It has a fast learning curve and users are backed by a great support service in terms of the helpdesk support team and unlimited articles and videos on the Twilio website, which provide a dependable intro and advanced guides to users to learn the basics of this program.

I also love the SMS deliverability rate, practically all of our SMS get delivered to our clients successfully and the geographical reach is practically worldwide. Enabling us verify clients from all over the world.

What do you dislike?

Delivering SMS to non-western countries are usually very expensive, in comparism to local alternative services. However the effectiveness of Twilio, more than makes up for the day expensive rate.

We use Twilio to verify the mobile phones of our clients and customers and it has always done a great job. No matter the geographical location, Twilio SMS and call verifications gets there.

Twilio review by Roger B.
Roger B.

"Great provider!"

What do you like best?

Ease of their new UI makes navigation a lot better and support has been top-notch throughout our experience. I've enjoyed having a dedicated account manager as well for issue escalation and product walk-through when new features are released.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a challenge to get issues that have been escalated resolved but once we upgraded our support plan, we were taken care of by our dedicated account manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great phone provider with great support (if you pay for it). If you can afford the time and money (and potential hassle) of getting on a trial program to determine if it's a good fit, I'd recommend giving them a try.

Best way to get unique buy-in and customization for our clients needs. We have realized a lot of cost-savings by scaling with Twilio as a business partner and as we expand our product offerings, we've really relied on up-to-date technologies being developed by Twilio.

Twilio review by Olivia C.
Olivia C.

"Great support and development help"

What do you like best?

Talking to a person is easy with Twilio, so is getting super quick help with a problem

What do you dislike?

Expensive compared to similar services but service usually makes up for it. Bulk discounts too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If cost is an obstacle, Nexmo is similarly ranked but doesn't offer the service that Twilio does. You get what you pay for with them and although the bill isn't my favorite part of the month, I'm grateful for their friendly service when I need it.

We are solving a phone number relay obstacle within our software code. When transitioning from shortcode to longcode Twilio has assisted through the implementation of their Copilot tool, making us more affordable for smaller businesses.

Twilio review by User

"Great service for adding telephony and sms to your product"

What do you like best?

Great APIs/libraries and simple integrations makes it a breeze to include voice & sms to your product. Handles good volume and service uptime has been outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Pricing can get slightly steeper in some areas of the world, and there are unsupported areas in the world where they haven't quite extended their reach, so you can't buy a local number in the region to lower the cost of sending messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twilio is a safe bet, and a big player in the space. There are however others that try to undercut Twilio in terms of pricing, which may be worthwhile consideration. In terms of product integration, Twilio has been one of the most simple, headache-free choices, so would certainly recommend.

We use it primarily to send SMS notifications to our customers.

Twilio review by User

"Super feature rich Twilio Flex"

What do you like best?

I love how robust the features are in Twilio. Every communications format is available, from SMS to Video to Chat, Voice and Fax. Allows for effective managing of campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Maybe too technical in its design and setup. While being feature rich is nice, being able to easily customize those features can be confusing and lengthy of a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out, and make sure to contact support with any questions about how to set up certain campaigns. The free trial gives you more than enough of an opportunity to evaluate and I think that it offers more than enough features to satisfy any team.

To have all of our communication campaigns accessible in one place and not need separate clients/platforms to run SMS campaigns.

Twilio review by Administrator

"great service, easy to set up routes"

What do you like best?

I love having so many numbers to choose from, and being able to sort and find everything that I need. I am able to port and host numbers seamlessly and start my customers with their current numbers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a direct support line or a chat feature I could use. I don't like having to send emails every time I need help. they are pretty quick to respond but if I need immediate help I do not have a direct contact or somewhere I can go quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Twilio. They have a clear platform and a great service

giving our clients texting phone numbers, porting in existing numbers, and hosting SMS and MMS services

Twilio review by Bukola S.
Bukola S.

"Effective user resource guides. "

What do you like best?

I love the customer support team behind this program and how helpful and responsive they are. There have been times the support team has helped me fix my code palette.

I also greatly appreciate the amount of video and article resource available on the Twilio perform, to induct and guide new users on how to make the best and effective use of the potentials of this program.

What do you dislike?

Twilio has quite a difficult learning curve. To get started with this tool, you must have a developer experienced with Twilio tutor you.

We basically use Twilio as our mobile verification code sender and it has always done a fantastic job, with a worldwide mobile phone reach.

Twilio review by Arthur F.
Arthur F.

"The easiest way to integrate Phone & SMS to your app"

What do you like best?

Twilio is simply amazing. In a matter of a few minutes you can integrate a complete SMS & Phone solution into your app. The documentation is very complete, the guides goes from the very basic to advanced setups and the community around Twilio are very supportive. I love how easy it is to just make things happen, from sending a local sms to a friend to making international calls. The support from the Twilio itself is also very good. Never had trouble and when I had a few questions I had my answer in less than 24 hours.

What do you dislike?

Twilio is a great platform but it is not perfect. You might encounter yourself needing a virtual number from a country that they do not support. Even contacting them there is not much they can do. They do however have a great coverage of the globe so it is unlikely to happen. The price is also a bit above the competition, but I would not blame them as I feel it is a premium service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a good read on the guides and documentation. You might feel a bit lost at the beginning but everything is very simple. A good way to save money also is to create a manager on your server so you can have a single Twilio number and multiple apps.

I've used Twilio from building prototypes in hackathons to deploying a final product. Twilio always worked for me and I never thought of going to another platform as everything went smooth with them. I also use twilio for personal projects as it is very affordable.

Twilio review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cloud Communication Platform"

What do you like best?

Really is to integrate once you start getting your hands dirty. has smooth way of using web hooks that you can use to automate what you want to do when a call or text comes into a number on their system.

I used this within a .NET project and via nugget you can get some helper modules that allows you to easily communicate with twilio

What do you dislike?

Their documentation at times is a bit scattered. They have started to make improvements in then 12months but for key things if you are new you may need to search a little bit to find what you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth while checking out. They have a lot of add-ons in twilio marketplace that you can leverage if you don't have the development power to build out and extend based on your needs

Allow customers to expand their business by being able to have multiple virtual numbers

Twilio review by Christoph H.
Christoph H.

"A really great webservice for making and receiving phone calls, sending SMS and much more"

What do you like best?

That Twilio is only in the business of providing a great webservice. Applications are the business of their partners. Twilio doesn’t compete with their partners on applications. They offer a wide array of communication services and every webservice is high quality and offers many libraries for all languages.

They offer everything from registering and using phone numbers, sending and receiving SMS/MMS, routing SIP, IP Messaging for custom messaging services and even easy to use tools for implementing 2 factor authentication with Authy in your apps. And this with very well made webservices and on a pay by use basis, without any setup fees or fixed monthly fees.

What do you dislike?

Some management interfaces could be improved and automatic credit card billing would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the IP messaging. It’s really great for providing customized messaging services which can be used for all kinds of new solutions.

Also consider using scheduled payments to fund your Twilio account. Accounts without funds will eventually suspended.

Twilio is great for all kinds of problems. They offer phone numbers in a huge number of countries. These phone numbers can be used by businesses to provide much smarter services than before. For example, calls to Twilio phone numbers can be handled programatically. This can be used to implement smart, completely cloud based phone exchanges, or easily and intelligently routing phone calls in call centers, or making a software which displays relevant customer information whenever a call comes in.

Twilio review by Erdmann K.
Erdmann K.

"Reliable solution with awesome support"

What do you like best?

Their webservice is easy to use and very robust, making it very easy to implement two factor authentication into your application. The support provided by Twilio is also of premium quality: fast and precise responses, Oh, and they have libraries for many languages, so it is even easier to integrate their services.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Maybe the fact that some very few countries are not supported so it can be pretty annoying when some of your users can't use sms authentication.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other alternatives Twilio is a bit more expensive, but in the end you get what you pay for: robust and reliable service and good support. It definitely worth the extra price.

I have an application where I need to restrict one account per user and also avoid robots and spam, so I use Twilio to have a two factor authentication in my app. This solution is not perfect for the problem, as it can be avoided (ironically you can do that using Twilio), but is producing good results.

Twilio review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Life saving"

What do you like best?

I remembered when I first came to IT profession and wanted to make an app able to send and receive text. Every search I made answer was I have to have a server with lot of cables, telecom devices, telecom registration, department authorization and many other dramas. Made me think about I might be crazy thinking stuff like this. Then one day one friend of mine mentioned about Twilio. Everything I wanted to do, they offering all those service in a easier way. I don't have to get a license or telecom devices or server for what I wanted to do. Then I realize they came with some badass technologies. They are the one can help me and they are the service I was thinking about.

Think I liked about Twilio always been easy to use API for voice calls, text sending, receiving or verifying phone number. Most importantly they support widely all programming languages. Programmatically you can send and receive text messages using your favorite programming language. And trigger whatever app you are planning to develop. Let you use their well documented API for easy to use access. You can pick your alternative number for your app or choose a short code. Their logging system let you find out any technical problem or trace your messages. When I said you can programmatically access your phone number, that means you can do whatever you wanted to do using their API.

They also has voice and other service as well and they are also satisfying.

So Twilio was the one made me believe that thought I had wasn't my nightmare. It was my dream for advance technology.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned they doing a pretty great job with telecom usage. Here nothing to complain about their product. But yes, their customer service pretty slow and need to be upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are planning for any apps and need SMS notification or 2 way SMS for user account query. You better give a try this service.

We are using Twilio for Two Factor Authentication and 2 way SMS service for our web apps. The benefit we can mention is they are boss in this field.

Twilio review by John P.
John P.

"Twilio is Great for Developers"

What do you like best?

We were able to set up Twilio in one day. It was very easy to get up and running with a 1-800 number and a voicemail service that would send us an email with the text and mp3 of the message. We were able to setup an automated menu system with mp3 of instructions for each level (we've also in the past used the text to speech voice). Pricing is transparent and cheap and their documentation is excellent! Twilio also has had great uptime and quick responses to support requests.

What do you dislike?

Their error logging can be a little confusing, particularly with how verbose it is. It also is hard to debug exactly what is being sent back and forth. Would be great if they added a replay feature in the future! It would also be nice if at some point they passed on some cost savings to their customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple API to get you up and running with phone numbers.

Twilio helps us managing incoming support calls, we have an automated menu that caller self-select and then it direct them to the appropriate parties. It's helped us be responsive to our clients and keep our costs low. We've had a quick turn around whenever we've added features and their uptime has been excellent (no outages since we've started using them). Twilio also works at big scale so you never have to worry about too many concurrent calls!

Twilio review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Great service with the perfect documentation at a good price"

What do you like best?

The way you consume the service using a RESTful API. Sending text messages it's something really difficult if you don't have a service like Twilio. All the web services are well documented, including tutorials and examples for almost all programming lenguajes.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the price. Twilio is the company with more messaging, VoIP and voice services. They have a lot of products that every business can implement with a pay-as-you-go billing model. Be careful if someday the bill is more expensive than the one that comes from your hosting provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the idea that this is a messaging service. Compare the prices with other providers and check out the documentation. Twilio is build thinking on developers first, and that is a good point because it makes the implementation/installation easier.

With the help of Twilio we are solving a lot of problems in our company. The two-factor authentication is the best example, and our clients give us good feedback about it. Also, we are implementing automated surveys with really good results! Now, we can focus on the code and not on the service availability.

Twilio review by Florin S.
Florin S.

"Easy to integrate sms capabilities in your service"

What do you like best?

It took me less than 30 minutes from creating an account with them until sending my first sms from python scripts, so it's very easy to setup and they have examples for many languages.

It has a ton of features including voice related capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it in production environments, only for POC's and such, so I'm not sure about the costs in a real life, it may be a bit on the expensive side. Having said that, the prices are in the same range as most of their competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you're programming in C, C#, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby or other major programming languages, Twillio has support for it and has code samples for it. Buying a phone number is easy, just make sure to cancel the subscription for that phone number if you don't need it in the future as you pay for it monthly automatically.

Integrating sms capabilities in an application for notifications. The sms's come fast, there's not a delay as some of the other services have. It's really just a matter of minutes to add it.

Twilio review by Michelangelo v.
Michelangelo v.

"Twilio, phone services for developers"

What do you like best?

Twilio has a very clear, self describing API that helps me integrate Twilio services easily within my applications and products.

The Twilio developer's manual is complete and very expressive on how to use and integrate the API elements making the whole experience a breeze.

Because their services are accessible through a REST-ful interface and they offer software development kits (SDK's) for all major technologies, it's even easier to hook up your existing application with extended phone and SMS services.

What do you dislike?

Twilio's service is awesome as they offer you a variety of phone and SMS services making their service a real good competitor for any hardware phone integrator or other online text service providers.

What I dislike is that once you got comfertable with the Twilio API, you are somewhat disapointed when using other online services. Twilio has done an awesome job providing a stellar service and an API that's easy to understand, quickly to integrate and cheap to roll out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a phone service with or without SMS texting functionality, consider Twilio as your partner. It's easy to setup and maintain and instantly you will gain huge benefits in development and integration time, marketing tactics and budget.

Be sure to try them out if you still have doubts.

When developing applications for non-technical people, a phone service is often a good alternative. Providing SMS text support and 2-factor authentication through SMS allows us to keep our applications secure without making it too complicated.

From a marketing perspective, collecting phone numbers has an additional benefit for direct communication with our customers.

The services that Twilio offers can integrate very well into existing phone and sms services making it a good alternative for traditional phone system solutions at a lower expense. In our case we were able to integrate the functionality quickly while keeping our budgets low.

Twilio review by Jon E.
Jon E.

"Twilio: Send or receive phone calls and text messages with rich cloud-based API"

What do you like best?

Twilio makes it easy to buy phone numbers, record calls made to that number, build custom phone menus, send and receive text messages, and make and recieve phone calls for only a few cents per minute. Due to their extensive API, if you're a skilled software developer you can make some really cool interactive applications. The only limit is your imagination.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike with Twilio, they're a very fair company with a great business model. If you want to make and recieve phone calls in the cloud, they're probably your best bet.

Personally, we use Twilio for call tracking and analytics. We do internet marketing and we buy Twilio phone numbers for some of our customers that want to be able to see how many calls we're able to generate for them. All of those calls are recorded so the customer can log in and play back recordings of all the phone calls we've sent their way. There is an intuitive dashboard that shows you everything you would possibly want to know in terms of usage and analytics.

Twilio review by John B.
John B.

"Twilio review"

What do you like best?

They're API is the goto for dealing with telecommunications. My current company uses twilio in all kinds of ways. Everything from sending text messages to employees through setting up teleconferences. The API is well documented and extremely easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Their international support can be flaky at times. When you are dialing calls out from Twilio to international endpoints, the likelihood of dropping the call goes up significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you start scaling and sending a lot of messages or making many calls, you should try to connect with someone from the premium support staff and get someone as a known contact. That way, when there are problems, you can find the issue faster. If it does happen to be related to an issue with one of their partner carriers, they will call them and try to get to the root cause.

We use it for everything from employee management/reminders via text messaging through tele conferencing clients with our own home build software.

Twilio review by Caley W.
Caley W.

"A breeze to setup and even easier to use!"

What do you like best?

Using twilio to provision a phone number for my apps is quick and easy. Once you have a number you can easily setup the URL's for text/calls to your twilio number to be redirected to your application. Fees are simple and straightforward with nothing hidden. The API is dead simple and they have wrappers for several popular languages (Ruby, PHP, Python, etc).

What do you dislike?

Pretty hard to find much to complain about but I suppose if I had to come up with something it would be the sometimes lack of "local" (to me) numbers which is probably not their fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in! The API is great.

I have written several small applications using twilio, one of which won one of their developer contests in 2011. Being able to quickly handle texts/phone calls in your app or generate them is amazing and really helps with being able to notify users in a way that is convenient for them.

Twilio review by Usman Ehtesham G.
Usman Ehtesham G.

"Twilio Review"

What do you like best?

The API is very easy to use and very easy to get started. The variety of SDKs available in different languages makes it easy for developers of different programmming language experiences. I got the opportunity to use Twilio API in 3 different languages: Python, Java and Go. Another great thing about Twilio is its community and how they share their projects to inspire and motivate other developers with ideas.

What do you dislike?

The documentation can be vastly improved. Though the examples are really helpful, there are many scenarios where better documentation would have made it easier to use their API. Their rates are currently more expensive than other APIs like Nexmo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Twilio for many reasons:

1) For learning how to use APIs, Twilio is definitely the best and easiest API out there

2) Integrating SMS in your projects has never been easier.

Getting more access to tools via SMS. I have written tools using Twilio that allow to control servers through SMS; I have also written a tool that allows users to chat in Slack via SMS

Twilio review by Esteban A.
Esteban A.

"Excellent API and documentation."

What do you like best?

Twilio is an excellent service. I have integrated it on multiple Ruby on Rails solutions and I have had a a great experience. These kind of external services shouldn't stop you or take you too much time to integrate. Twilio also support multiple environments, which is great for testing. It fits perfect with any Ruby application and they have a really well documentation.

What do you dislike?

Using Twilio on the early days for products outside US was really frustrating. But they now supper almost every country. They are also a little expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Ruby on Rails developer and you need to deal with sending SMS or calling cellphone numbers. Then Twillio is definitely the service to consider!

We were doing profile validations by sending unique codes to the users's cellphones. Twilio was they key solution and tackling that problem.

Twilio review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Solid communications platform"

What do you like best?

It's simple and easy to work with. To my knowledge we've never had a single issue using their service, its just rock solid.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot here to dislike. More advanced setups can be complex but if you want simple text messaging it just works.

Twilio allows our customers to text with their customers through our platform.

Twilio review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"If your devs don't know, you need new devs"

What do you like best?

Twilio gives developers a powerful API platform for communication services; making it easy for developers to integrate communication methods with existing code, servers, and databases to solve problems quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

They struggle with virtual numbers in some cases and support can be hit or miss. Twilio is the priciest in the space, but they do the most robust service offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IP messaging is good for customized messaging which can be leveraged for many different use cases.

Great for efficiently spinning up prototypes and production instances across multiple platforms with teams in remote locations.

Twilio review by Akul M.
Akul M.

"Amazing call and mssg service for developers."

What do you like best?

It makes my development so much easier like automation and updates are sent to me through messages. A great example was using my Rasberry pi and sending messaages to my phone whenever the dynamic ip of my home changes. It helped a lot in IOT projects.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem i felt was the api limitation and pricing, as for a student these were much higher and created problems in productivity. Also a little error solving documentation would be great as sometimes working code were having issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service for messaging and calling, never saw another service like twilio. Go for it.

As i said above it helped me in my IOT prrojects and having me connected with my home, even if at distance, and the time duratiion in sending messages is very quick. Thanks to Twilio.

Twilio review by Sisir A.
Sisir A.

"High quality service with world class support!"

What do you like best?

I have been developing with Twilio since 2013. They never disappointed me. Bug free api and always eager to expand their functionality with new features. Their support team is also very professional and respond time is very quick.

Their APIs are well documented and SDKs available for all popular languages making the first learning curve very easy and comfortable. You can always give a shout to their technical support desk and they will reply with helpful information in next couple hours.

What do you dislike?

While I do not have any complain about their API services but recent change of their UI in account area made their website very hard to use. Navigation menus are quite a mess even for technical users.

We often hear complain from other Twilio users about complexity of the navigation through Twilio account area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well depending on what is your end product is. If you are looking for a cutting edge call tracking product with full api power with excellent support, you should definitely try out Twilio. On my personal opinion they are the best in this business!

I am a web developer working for an internet marking company. We build call tracking software (SaaS) for B2B clients who are in Pay per lead business. Our software helps our clients to find analyze their ROI on different online and offline marketing campaigns.

Twilio review by Hillary S.
Hillary S.

"simple to use"

What do you like best?

For those that are unfamiliar with Twilio, you can use the software to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world. Voice & Video, Messaging, and Authentication APIs for every application. Essentially it's the end all be all for building successful apps. It's simple to use, the team is great and quick to reply to any questions or comments.

What do you dislike?

Twilio is still a relatively new company, and they're still working out some kinks, but so far we haven'e had any major issues with the company. I'd recommend spending more time educating your customers rather than selling them additional products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them the chance to show you what they can do. You'll be pleasantly surprised!!

We're using this business to assist with the build and implementation of new apps for our current online audience to use.

Twilio review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Most known/default api for phones for a good reason"

What do you like best?

Super robust api and functionality. If you want to do something over the phone and automate it, twilio is the go to. Easy to develop with with a massive amount of power. Great for two factor auth as well as text-based marketing to phones, especially if you're in a market without big data plans! Sms is the way to go.

Twilio is reliable as well, never failed to send a message which is pretty much the number one worry with an api such as this.

What do you dislike?

Honestly it works great, there just isn't too many use cases that need automated telephone/sms features. We didn't stop using it for any other reason beside not needing the functionality any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's literally the only api that comes to mind for cell network communication. If you need sms or voice, twilio is the one. Pricing is decent and very easy to understand, no worries about going over limits, etc and cheap to just try it out.

We were playing with two factor auth as well as sms advertising/reminders. It worked great for those but they never moved past the test phase as our users didn't respond well to them.

Twilio review by Joey L.
Joey L.

"Solid SMS Solution "

What do you like best?

SMS Verification has become the defacto means of verification for a lot of mobile apps. Twilio makes it very easy and cost effective way to send SMS. Since i built my app on Parse platform, setting up Twilio took literarily minutes as it is integrated into Parse.

In addition to ease of use, the Twilio dashboard also makes it easy to pull up records and customize configuration to fit budget, locale, and other specific needs. I experienced the value of having all these tools available during an episode when Apple rejected my app submission on grounds of not receiving SMS verification. I was able to pull up the records from Twilio and used it to convince AppStore to reverse their decision.

What do you dislike?

International SMS cost considerable more and I'd like to have a way to eliminate possible fraud or abuse. Twilio should provide a way to set a maximum number of SMS that can be sent by time frame and by unique phone number.

The problem I needed to solve was to simplify send out a code through SMS for phone number verification from server side but triggered from mobile client, and I had to be able to send to international numbers. Ease of setup, integration, and an affordable budget were my main considerations. Twilio's service fulfilled all those requirements.

Twilio review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use, fast and reliable for small traffic. Complicated setup for large volume."

What do you like best?

- Simple: Modern API, REST and JSON are fully supported.

- Excellent documentation:. Extensive online docs, with examples and tutorials.

- Native integration: Any major language and framework is supported.

- Native tools: Twilio provides their own ruby gem and other tools.

- Price for short instances: long-codes are free, pay only what you use. Simple billing.

- Easy to use: Get something ready in minutes.

- Features: SMS, Calls, Voice messages, specific numbers by Country are supported.

What do you dislike?

- Online reports and insights tools are insufficient.

- Everything about short-codes:

If you need to support large volume of SMS, the only option is to migrate from a long-code tu a short-code, and pay the price for it. Short numbers are super flexible and almost without limitation, but pricey and they require custom intraoperatively implementation. The documentation for short-codes is almost nonexistent. The phone carriers may audit your short-number at any time and get it blocked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Stay with long-codes as much as you can.

- Make sure you're willing to invest on short-codes implementation.

- Keep in mind setup price and cost of implementation from short-codes.

Our main focus was SMS communication with our customers. The benefits were simplicity and cost.

Twilio review by Ian L.
Ian L.

"Excellent telephony and SMS services, good geographic reach, fantastic innovation"

What do you like best?

Excellent API and automatic provisioning of telephony services. Quality of service promises are exceptionally good and absolutely essential to some SMS-based services. Easy to understand pricing and ease of managing accounts is a bonus. They seem to be managing their geographic expansion while maintaining the quality of service - not an easy task!

What do you dislike?

Pricing can be slightly higher than competitors but the quality of service and support are second to none. Initially, their geographic footprint was felt to be lacking, but as they expand into new markets this concern is being mitigated. Of course, we would like to see continued expansion outside of North American and European markets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just explore it - they provide plenty of tools and support for getting started, are very easy to integrate into your products, and all around brilliant.

We developed an SMS-based question-response framework; we needed a global geography, the ability to automatically provision and manage local phone numbers, and confirmation that SMSs were submitted to networks. All this Twilio has and continues to deliver flawlessly.

Their continued international expansion is overcoming the initial concerns and allowing the product to reach new markets.

Twilio review by Ben G.
Ben G.

"Great for Prototypes --- Beautiful Documentation"

What do you like best?

Twilio is __the__ SaaS for integrating code and phones. My experience with Twilio involved writing a p2p SMS Bitcoin payment system for a Y Combinator interview in 2013 (demo code here: https://github.com/theunixbeard/bitcoin-sms-java). Though we didn't get into YC, I was able to code up an entire working prototype over a weekend almost entirely thanks to Twilio's rock solid & user friendly API.

What do you dislike?

In short, country coverage. For the USA and most western nations all services are offered. However, as a Digital Nomad who frequently travels to all sorts of countries I have had a few app ideas for personal use involving phone automation that weren't feasible due to Twilio's lack of global coverage. They are expanding in this direction though, so hopefully this criticism gets to be less important over time.

My app had the following functionality:

- Sending SMS to users via code

- Receiving & parsing SMS responses from users, calling relevant handler code

Functionality I wanted but couldn't use:

- Lack of call forwarding functionality in various countries (e.g. Fiji)

Twilio review by Frank V.
Frank V.

"Twilio integration via Web Service API from Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Sends consistent messages to all mobile phone providers, easy to integrate

What do you dislike?

Error handling.. we get error codes sometimes and have no explanation on what is causing these intermittent errors. If we send the exact same message again they will send successfully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test in a load or performance testing environment, with several concurrent users. We believe that must be the root cause of the errors, but can't be sure.

Sending SMS messaging to field technicians

Twilio review by Caleb D.
Caleb D.

"Automatic order updates via SMS"

What do you like best?

We love Twilio! When our shopping cart platform announced that they had an integration for Twilio we jumped on it. Our customers love that they get an SMS message as their order proceeds through the sales/shipping process.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system will split a standard message that is under 160 characters into 2 separate messages even though it should only be one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, jump on it! The pricing and service can't be beat.

Automated customer order status updates.

Twilio review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good Carrier/SMS option for those not experienced with Telecom"

What do you like best?

The portal including API, SMS, and other options are good. Also, like that they are a carrier only in AWS so using them for international routing and for providing international DiDs provides options that other carriers cannot.

What do you dislike?

Likewise with AWS, getting a direct connect with Twilio in various sites is more difficult than with traditional colo data centers. This will likely get easier over the next few years. With other things they don't act like a regular telecom carrier so it makes it more difficult for least cost routing and reselling their services.

International telecom routing in AWS. Adding another "cloud" carrier to our routing mix.

Twilio review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Twilio is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Twilio is easy to get up and running. I first used Twilio at a hackathon event 6 or 7 years ago. I had never used anything similar to it and had a working telephone directory up and running in a matter of hours.

Twilio's platform is inexpensive, flexible, powerful, and rock-solid. I've never experienced a major issue with the service.

If you need to engage with your customers or users Twilio makes it easy to integrate into your app or web platforms.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues or dislikes about the Twilio platform. It gets the job done.

Communication with users, primarily via SMS. Twilio simplifies the process and makes it painless to communicate via SMS.

Twilio review by Sarah T.
Sarah T.

"Phone number masking savior"

What do you like best?

As a mobile app developer in the the On Demand space, we have used Twilio with our clients globally for safety, security and reassurance. We use Twilio for phone number masking, SMS, many clients that are new to technology and the On Demand space aren't not technology savvy and unaware of the benefits of keeping their clients secure and their data base, their own.

What do you dislike?

I need a cost break for our international clients, most client that are international are not use to these fees and are not aware of companies like Twilio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like a presentation to show my clients, most are not familiar with your product.

Helping our clients and reassuring their customer base. It's a main point in my sales pitch that the clients will retain their data base and other outside parties or employees will not have their clients information.

Twilio review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Twilio is well implemented service"

What do you like best?

They pay a ton of attention to their developers, and have a strong sense of how their API will affect those that use it.

What do you dislike?

I encountered a small gap in their documentation regarding the PHP library usage the first time I used it... but that was an easy fix on my part. After that it was smooth sailing. If you are using Twilio with a supported library via a package installer (which I wasn't, at that time) you will not have any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, I loved using it.

Text messaging with Twilio and also audio phone recordings for some promotion work. Twilio is very cost effective, and I would recommend to anyone whether it be for big business or just single developer on a side-project.

Twilio review by David C.
David C.

"Works well with our help desk software"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect Twilio with LiveAgent - our help desk software provider. The latency is low and call recording quality is fine as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, Twilio has great reputation and market fit. I've been using it for about 4 years and haven't come to any obstacles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With Twilio, you'll be safe. The price might be a little above average though.

We needed to provide phone customer support and Twilio helped us to add phone to LiveAgent and have all customer support in one place.

Twilio review by User in Internet

"Twilio is awesome!"

What do you like best?

The Twilio API is really convenient and a pleasure to set up and use. It's really quick and easy to get up and running with Twilio.

What do you dislike?

Some carriers block texts sent from the Twilio API free version. If there was some way Twilio could get around this issue, broke developers might have an easier time testing their apps! I found the website a little busy and difficult to navigate - for instance, I would always Google around to see how to add more validated phone numbers (couldn't find it on the site!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely would recommend to a wide range of developers!

I have used Twilio to send users grocery lists, as well as texts based on detected emotion. My experience with Twilio has been really great.

Twilio review by Tony W.
Tony W.

"Easy to set up and use, definitely recommend!"

What do you like best?

The fact that the UI is intuitive, and it is easy to set up and use for first time users.

What do you dislike?

I somewhat dislike that the pricing model is a bit expensive for small business owners who may be limited in budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product for any user who wishes to use a easy-to-use communication API. However, this may not work out for everyone since the product pricing is a bit expensive and may not be suitable for smaller business owners.

I am building a photo sharing and competition website for private photo club members as well as general users on the Internet.

Twilio review by Tomer S.
Tomer S.

"Easy to implement phone systems. "

What do you like best?

The easy to use API that will allow you to do anything you'd ever want with a phone system.

What do you dislike?

Prices. While browsing around (after I had already implemented Twilio in some of my projects) I found other alternatives with much more competitive prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some shopping around. If ease of use if your first priority, Twilio is where it's at.

I am able to create entire systems and platforms based on texting and calling people. This expands my reach by a huge percentage.

Twilio review by Doug G.
Doug G.

"Twilio is great!"

What do you like best?

Never really considered anything else because for SMS, twilio is king. Haven't been disappointed.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is good but it can always better. Sometimes it is a little difficult exactly where a certain service could be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about your voice and sms services for your app, twilio is really the only one to consider.

Sending SMS and Voice Messages to customers on the behalf of our customers using our SaaS product.

Works out of the box as you would expect.

Consultant in Computer Software

"Twilio sets the standard for great docs and ease of use"

What do you like best?

The Twilio APIs are easy for devs with thorough docs and extensive helper modules. Not only do they have language-specific helper libs, but full, valid REST support means everything else works too. From the product side of things, Twilio has broad messaging & phone features that can help every company and app look as professional as the big guys. Numbers in every country & province you could launch in and easy 2FA support.

What do you dislike?

Complex pricing combinations that can lead to slightly-higher bills than expected at times. Less than perfect deliverability, though that may be due more to carriers and not Twilio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few competitors who may be slightly lower-priced. But expense of extra dev time to implement or switch APIs when not all needed features are available more than outweigh the price difference.

On demand notifications of events customers want to know about. Appointment reminders to bring clients in and keep profitability up.

Twilio review by Nick J.
Nick J.

"Powerful solution"

What do you like best?

The api allows us to create and send out marketing messages, and notifications to our staff when leads come in. Automated conversations for lead capture have improved our conversions

What do you dislike?

I think the one downside is the cost of the Shortcode for SMS, but I feel that is universal and not on Twilio.

Lead generation. We are able to generate more leads from offline efforts and then convert those leads into clients.

Connections. We are able to make better connections with our clients.

Lead alerts. We are able to route and notify our staff regarding new leads.

Twilio review by Jonathan F.
Jonathan F.

"Simplest way to connect to SMS and Phone Systems"

What do you like best?

Couldn't imagine a simpler way to get software connected to the phone system to receive and initiate calls as well as SMS messages. Having worked for a phone gateway company in the past, Twilio's system is lightyears ahead of the competition in ease of use, features and pricing.

What do you dislike?

Documentation was a little sparse and could be updated with more examples and case studies.

Added a secondary notification mechanism and user interface to our app.

Twilio review by Peter S.
Peter S.

"Voice and text made easy"

What do you like best?

The API is easy to work with. You can use any IaaS platform you wish. If you can think of a communications app, you can probably build it with Twilio.

What do you dislike?

For IVR applications, you still need to keep in mind latency issues. Any processing delay equates to silence on the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twilio is constantly adding features and functionality such as WebRTC support. Consider Twilio for all the communication needs of your applications.

I've built a few apps so far on the platform such as an IVR with hooks to 3rd party web services, text voting, and text notification.

Twilio review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Great features and flexibility"

What do you like best?

Twilio is a full hosted phone system (VOIP), and exposes every single feature using a documented API.

The Documents section has code samples, ideas and suggestions to use Twilio for different purposes.

This is not a service oriented to end users, and requires a good level of technical skills to develop a solution, but it's very flexible and you can create anything imaginable tied to a voip system. I see Twilio as a Developer oriented platform, to create awesome solutions for your own customers. (as Twilio says "We empower developers to build powerful communication").

The pricing levels are fine, but there is no "unlimited" phone calls package. Its possible to implement a full phone system: IVR, SMS, Phone Menus, , integrated with you iPhone or Android device, or your SIP system.

I really like the option of purchasing phone numbers directly on the control panel. This numbers also can be located in several US states even countries around the world.

A free PBX software named OpenVBX can be used with a Twilio account to create your own phone system, using a minimum of hardware and software.

Another highlight, are the "sandbox" credentials, to test your projects without expending your credits.

What do you dislike?

They don't offer a unlimited minutes package for phone calls (land lines), you need to pay by the minute inbound or outbound. This makes some phone time intensive projects too expensive to be implemented with Twilio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far, this is the most "open" cloud phone system I've seen. I tried to work with other platforms, but so far this is the only one that provides a good deal of features a reasonable price.

Automated IVR, SMS sending and receiving for customer service.

Twilio review by Stephen B.
Stephen B.

"Engineer Focus, really solid product"

What do you like best?

Twilio makes it incredibly easy to get up and running. We built the v1 of our dialer over a weekend, at SalesLoft, on top of Twilio.

What do you dislike?

The features around managing subaccounts is lacking. You can not see usage data per subaccount in an efficient manner without writing a custom wrapper around their API. This becomes a huge problem at scale.

We offer an in-app and in-SFDC dialer that offers Local Dial, recording, SFDC logging, voicemail drop.

Twilio review by Rahul G.
Rahul G.

"Dashboard Report Availability"

What do you like best?

Post login, we see all SMS and call report on the main page which is the best part

What do you dislike?

Complicated system to create alphanumeric sender id

SMS integrated solutions is the best thing which we are using and is not available from other operators

"Twilio"

What do you like best?

The call recording is a great feature, it is also great to see time stamps to review calls.

What do you dislike?

When our internet has an issue Twilio doesn't realize that and will create pages and pages of the same number as it has nowhere to go.

Call recording, verifying information.

Twilio review by Levan V.
Levan V.

"The best SMS service provider I've ever used."

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use. No hidden fees. Very detailed and readable documentation.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that the website is not quite user friendly.

We use Twilio to send SMS notifications and verification codes. Users are very happy when they can receive SMS notifications when they do not have access to the internet.

Twilio review by Pavel D.
Pavel D.

"My Twilio review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, the documentation was quite understandable and I was able to implement SMS in just few minutes.

What do you dislike?

I don't know what I dislike because the service was stable, the documentation also nice and I used only SMS so I didn't have any problems with it.

I just sent SMS messages to authenticate users during registration.

Twilio review by Jugroop Singh J.
Jugroop Singh J.

"Agile project, integrated Twilio as one of many proof of concepts for PAAS best practice solution."

What do you like best?

Good API, transparent pricing, free to sandbox/demonstrate.

API is easy to use and integrate.

Highly scalable, decent dashboard for monitoring purposes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at this point in time, competitors fall short in certain areas so Twilio represents the best in the market in this particular field, for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best in the market. Affordable and simple to use, manage, report and integrate. Highly recommended.

Excellent time to market. Ease of adoption and maintenance. Less strain on internal infrastructure/teams.

Twilio review by Ricardo N.
Ricardo N.

"Really easy to use"

What do you like best?

Their ruby gem is really easy to use, and you can set a trial account and hit the floor running in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can remember now. I've been using it since 2012.

We're using it to send SMS to our clients with notifications about activities related to our website and its been great.

Twilio review by Duane W.
Duane W.

"Great VoIP quality"

What do you like best?

Easy registration and set up, more options for low volume subscribers than competitors, trial account abilities

What do you dislike?

Text to speech options could be more intuitive, but I'm happy with what I get at the price point offered

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it go! Easy to integrate for even developers just starting out.

Integrating phone and SMS into app development

Twilio review by User in Higher Education

"Like it just because of it reach libraries and developer supports "

What do you like best?

The best part of twilio is that it has supports almost all popular languages and at the same time rate is also flat. Another important thing that I like is test mode. I can simulate load of my app with test mode in twilio.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that dislikes about twilio

I removed my headache of sending sms. My app is actually public alert system. Whole SMS sending part based on twilio.

Twilio review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Great SMS API"

What do you like best?

Love the API. Super easy to setup Twilio. We are using it in our Rails project.

What do you dislike?

The cost is slightly expensive. It was hard for our team to digest versus the cost for e-mail notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to think about implementing. What feature, and slowly implement and test before going all in.

Additional notifications for users regarding critical issues they need to know about.

Consultant in Computer Software

"Experienced user of Twilio Voice API."

What do you like best?

Simple API, Easy to use. Great time response for small and middle calls volume.

What do you dislike?

To make a call you need twice send instructions to Twilio. Slow response time at busiest time. All communication throw https protocol. ( I would prefer direct communication to communication providers through low level protocols. Asterisk server is an example) Some limitations with call transferring. You can make just one call per second.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would really recommend Twillio for small and middle business to build communication systems. If you have more then 10000 calls per day I would recommend use asterisk server or other communication frameworks.

Our company is one of the biggest client of Twilio services. We created dialer tool for out LeadManager platform. System support inbound and outbound call, call transferring, conference rooms and etc.

Twilio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"As a developer, Twilio is a true pleasure to work with"

What do you like best?

Twilio's API design is simple, clean, and brilliant. But an intuitive design is not enough, and the documentation team at Twilio has done a great job of providing tutorial content and reference materials for all of Twilio's services and APIs. Twilio also continues to innovate, by adding new offerings like WebRTC as a service!

What do you dislike?

As great as Twilio is, they are an API company and not a product company. You won't find complete solutions here, just the raw ingredients for building your own.

One of Twilio's go-to features is the ability to send SMS messages easily from your own software. Using this API to implement SMS based two-factor auth is a canonical use case.

Twilio review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"Developing voice applications"

What do you like best?

System very efficient, perfomant and simple to set uo

What do you dislike?

Documentation sometime not so clear: some additional how-to is required

Include into application support for voice and sms

"Twilio for the win!"

What do you like best?

I love the UI and the how the system is very robust and allows us to do many things with SMS, phone numbers and more. Great customer support also.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the new number porting tool at first but we have made changes on our end to smooth it out.

SMS numbers for clients, phone number ports

Twilio review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"User-friendly, well-documented API"

What do you like best?

For me, the most impressive part is how easy it is to develop with the twilio api. Everything is well documented, and the developer community has been very responsive to suggested changes. Also, the pricing structure is perfect for small start-ups.

What do you dislike?

Only thing that I can think of changing is how prices are documented. When developing with more than one twilio product, it can be difficult to explain to the business folk how much itll all cost. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Our product is a peer-to-peer language instruction app. We haven't launched so all the benfits realized are in development.

Twilio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Twilio cloud service to send sms notifications"

What do you like best?

You can try it for free, great for web and mobile developers, and the paid version is relatively accessible.

What do you dislike?

The test messages are overloaded it a generic text message from Twilio that takes like half of the text you can send via SMS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not much, it has great support on github, they provide several api's on several languages so if you are a mobile or a web developer you will have a lot of fun using this.

Sending SMS messages from web and mobile apps to mobile phones.

Twilio review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Good API-based telecom platform"

What do you like best?

It's built for developers and works well.

What do you dislike?

No outbound CNAM support. I have this on other telecom platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good platform if you need to control your telecom platform with an API.

SIP trunking, and when my endpoint is unavailable for some reason, it can fallback to Twiml scripts instead of busy/congestion.

Consultant in Computer Software

"Setting the VoIP quality bar high!"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely intuitive and informative. All of my communication, inbound + outbound, is carried out on the platform. It is a security blanket to know wherever I am in the world, I'll always be connected w/ Twilio.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. This is the premier VoIP platform that uses multiple servers world wide to ensure high quality of calls.

It is essential that I have reliable communication in order to carry out business.

Twilio review by User in Computer Software

"Great for prototyping text message ideas"

What do you like best?

Infrastructure allows you to get up and running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The price of the tool isn't scalable for small companies.

Allows us to build text messaging apps that can be used to make our business more efficient.

Twilio review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Awesome integration and great transcription"

What do you like best?

The transcription is the best I have found so far, and they are constantly making updates! When we have issues with the service they are very responsive which in my business (healthcare) is key.

What do you dislike?

As with all automatic transcription there are still errors. And spanish comes through completely garbled!

Twilio has allowed us to solve a big problem in the healthcare community.

Twilio review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"Twilio SMS service"

What do you like best?

Twilio provides best in class service for SMS with easy to use API's and wonderful reporting!

What do you dislike?

They do not notify you if there is an infinite loop

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to do business with

Technical Service notification

Twilio review by Michelle N.
Michelle N.

"Easy!"

What do you like best?

Eazsy to use - Customizable and flexible

What do you dislike?

So fa, nothing! We look forward to expanding our use...

Both customer and prospect surveys

Twilio review by Administrator in Cosmetics
Administrator in Cosmetics

"Quick to set up"

What do you like best?

We were able to set up Twilio in sandbox and production in one day. Very easy to configure and integrate into our sales process. Partnering with this vendor has been a pleasure.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, it's a great solution

Communication to external parties. Mobile use and text msging are a major need for us to continue to offer services.

Twilio review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy phone tracking"

What do you like best?

Easy to download reports to a csv and use for your own personal reprting

What do you dislike?

Don't have dynamic number insertion figured out

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's a very cost effective way to track calls

Call tracking

Twilio review by Leonid K.
Leonid K.

"Makes me money"

What do you like best?

I can build new apps in a matter of minutes

What do you dislike?

Nothing :) if you have a concern, they will resolve it quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much easier to use than most other options.

I made 5 apps powered by Twilio

Twilio review by Consultant

"Very easy to setup"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and APIs and works seamlessly

What do you dislike?

Too many things you can change as an admin. Should be more guided

Real time communications with end users

Twilio review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Positive minus customer service"

What do you like best?

User interface and mostly automated interactions can be done via api

What do you dislike?

Customer service hard to work with less knowledgeable

Classroom and church communication

Learning about Twilio?

* We monitor all Twilio reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.