Twitter is an open platform and threaded discussion. People can view and search twitter by keywords and trending topics without having to sign in or even register for an account. Twitter is powerful in being able to directly contact other twitter users right on the platform transparently in public as well as in private.
The company Twitter does not understand, empathize, listen to or appreciate its actual users. The platform is not intuitive on how to use to create a following and curate appropriate tweeters to follow. Twitter Chats and live discussions on twitter are extremely powerful, but the company itself does not encourage, promote, or onboard more people in producing these events for their small, local and grass roots efforts.
1. Determine what your purpose is in using social media in general
2.Decide who of your target audience is using Twitter and how they are using it
3. Be strategic in always contributing value in every tweet and interaction
4. Always provide a URL, hashtag, reference another twitter user account, give a pov or comment, add a picture/graphic
5. Respond to mentions, thank people for following
6. Search for others tweeting about your interests/brands/content and engage with them on twitter publicly
Raising visibility and creating increased attendance at events and engagement with online content and community. Benefits have been engaging with thought leaders and making professional and personal connections out of shared discussions and concerns.