Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting.

Work for Twitter?

Learning about Twitter?

Twitter Reviews

Showing 120 Twitter reviews
Twitter review by <span>Anne T.</span>
Anne T.

"Great for quick communication and social media marketing!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Twitter for business and personal use. Twitter allows me to drive traffic to my blog, interact on a global level, and attract new clients through content marketing. Twitter is also a great place to get breaking news and follow the trends of the day.

What do you dislike?

Some folks can be spammy, and the DM's should be monitored more closely for Spam. I simply decided not to respond to these DM's that are automated and impersonal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Twitter to anyone, whether you are using it for business or personal use. Twitter is an excellent platform to communicate quickly with friends, clients and other businesses! Very sleek platform and easy to use.

I am able to deliver content from my blog and connect with some of the greatest people on the planet, Twitter, if used correctly can also help you connect with new customers for your business. Also, if I need to reach another business, instead of sending an e-mail, I can send a quick tweet, stating my problem and have them call me or send me a Direct Message to solve the problem.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Twitter
Twitter review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great service and Easy to Navigate!"

What do you like best?

Twitter has amazing customer service and is very easy to navigate through the site. Composing a tweet is exceptionally simple and adding content is as well. Deleting tweets is very easy as well. It works well with social media management websites as well. News is constantly circulating and it's great to be able to converse with other followers through tweets. Larger character count is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to edit a tweet so it must be deleted and then rewritten. News is circulating a little too fast sometimes, so tweets are lost in the mix unless you promote them. Analytics can sometimes be difficult to use due to date range restrictions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to get the word out there. Gaining followers is not as easy as it is on facebook and may take a little bit of time/money. Definitely set a profile up though and test out the market. Set up is very simple and allows you to make changes easily.

Twitter is fantastic for some of our events. We are able to tweet out room locations/updates without badgering people via facebook or email. The retweet feature also allows us to work with members and start conversations.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Twitter review by <span>Sarah S.</span>
Sarah S.

"Twitter is my Favorite Social Media "

What do you like best?

Twitter offers a unique ability to communicate with others who were previously thought of as "untouchable." this is very nice and opens up the world of the "famous" to the regular person. The idea that you could tweet to your favorite athlete, author, or actor and they might see it, or even respond is very thrilling.

It's easy to tune things out on twitter. If you are upset by, or not interested in something, you can navigate twitter without ever seeing that thing.

What do you dislike?

It can be an ugly place from time to time. The internet is a pushy, gross ugly place no matter where you go, but for some reason, Twitter brings out a particular brand of mean and hateful monster that the rest of the places I go rarely has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find people who you can connect with. Twitter can either be a meaningful experience, or hell. It's up to you what you make of it.

Direct contact to clients, others who might be like minded and people who you might have an interest in. The twitter follow suggestion thing is very good as well. It makes it easier to see who you should look into and what things you might be interested.

Twitter review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Must-have for businesses"

What do you like best?

It’s the fastest way to communicate to your customers and partners. Definitely a must-have for businesses. Personally, I look at a company’s twitter page when making a business or purchasing decision. It’s also a great way to talk to your customers and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

With so much information it’s necessary to pay for ads to get in front of your audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tweet often! And make sure to get a tool that will help you post tweets throughout the day. It will be time consuming if you post one tweet at a time directly to twitter.

This helps drive visitors to our website, mostly the blog and case studies. I’ve noticed when I slowed down on posts our blog traffic also decreases. It’s also great for customer engagement. I find people share more on twitter in a B2B environment then on Facebook.

Twitter review by <span>Cindy F S.</span>
Cindy F S.

"Power of Twitter for Community Engagement"

What do you like best?

Twitter is an open platform and threaded discussion. People can view and search twitter by keywords and trending topics without having to sign in or even register for an account. Twitter is powerful in being able to directly contact other twitter users right on the platform transparently in public as well as in private.

What do you dislike?

The company Twitter does not understand, empathize, listen to or appreciate its actual users. The platform is not intuitive on how to use to create a following and curate appropriate tweeters to follow. Twitter Chats and live discussions on twitter are extremely powerful, but the company itself does not encourage, promote, or onboard more people in producing these events for their small, local and grass roots efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Determine what your purpose is in using social media in general

2.Decide who of your target audience is using Twitter and how they are using it

3. Be strategic in always contributing value in every tweet and interaction

4. Always provide a URL, hashtag, reference another twitter user account, give a pov or comment, add a picture/graphic

5. Respond to mentions, thank people for following

6. Search for others tweeting about your interests/brands/content and engage with them on twitter publicly

Raising visibility and creating increased attendance at events and engagement with online content and community. Benefits have been engaging with thought leaders and making professional and personal connections out of shared discussions and concerns.

Twitter review by Consultant in Writing and Editing
Consultant in Writing and Editing

"Perfect social media channel to share your brand & make connections "

What do you like best?

Twitter is very user-friendly, so its quite easy to get started. Even if you are a bit of a techno-phobe, most people can feel pretty comfortable using this social media channel. You've simply got to keep your Tweets to 130 characters or less & use hashtags when you can.

What do you dislike?

Well, personally I can be a bit wordy so sometimes fitting what I want to say into 130 characters can be a bit of a challenge. There are times I would prefer to use a larger word and can't. But for the most part, it is a great technology tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a social media channel that lets you have mini conversations with others - whether customers, clients, new business contacts and even celebrities! This is an opportunity that no other social media channel offers you in this unique way right now.

You can promote services, products or websites & blogs quite easily with Twitter. I've used client accounts to do all of these things. One of the best benefits I think is not only communicating with the public, but also connecting with people in your industry.

Twitter review by <span>Dylan S.</span>
Dylan S.

"Great service, poor management"

What do you like best?

Twitter is a great place for anybody seeking to put their voice out there or even for somebody who wants to remain silent but seek out instant news. There's no place like Twitter for getting news first in any area.

What do you dislike?

Management seems to not understand their base or has a desire to force their own beliefs upon the user base. They have had constant missteps such as banning searches for terms like "bisexual" while things like "Nazis" or "White Power" are not banned. Also, they recently increased to 280 characters which seemed to be something NOBODY asked for.

In news Twitter keeps you relevant. Without it you'll be behind your colleagues.

Twitter review by <span>Whitney J.</span>
Whitney J.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

It's a great way to stay connected with others- people you know, and celebrities you like. You can make it your own space, as silly and humorous as you'd like, or as serious and informative. It all depends on what accounts you follow.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to stick to the character count sometimes, but I'm grate for it. Nobody wants to read paragraphs about what someone ate for breakfast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. It's free to use, and easy to learn....well, maybe the hashtags and Twitter Handles...that can take some getting used to. If you use any type of social media, this will be a breeze!

It's so easy to get our name out there. Twitter can be like free advertising. You just need to know what hashtags to use!

Twitter review by <span>Amanda B.</span>
Amanda B.

"Drive users to your content"

What do you like best?

Twitter connects you with people all over the world and all over your industry. It's a handy way to make connections and push people to your content. It's a great way to make connections and support others as they're making content and sharing opinions.

What do you dislike?

I like that people who don't really care about your content are trying to engage you with their tweets. I was getting a lot of people trying to get me to follow them or they were direct messaging me trying to sell me services I would never need or want. And sometimes it's hard to track the ROI for Twitter. I'm never really sure if it's worth the time. And when I left one job, I just changed the password and the name and took the account with me. It was hard to know what to do when I was no longer producing the same content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is useful for getting your information out there, but not everyone who uses Twitter is a useful user. In fact, not everyone who uses Twitter is even a person. There are a lot of bots out there who are just spammers. They don't care about your business of your content. Watch out and pay attention. You might have to block some followers. But for the most part, Twitter is a useful tool.

We were making content that we wanted people to see. The more content we were making, the more we wanted people to see it. Twitter gave us a way to make announcements to people who were looking for things to read as they were already online and looking for things to do. It's a tool for engagement and gets more people reading your content that you're producing. Plus, everyone is talking about Twitter, especially media producers, so it makes sense to use Twitter. We've noticed that Twitter is a way to keep current and connect with cool people out there. Plus, there's tons of information out there, so there's a great deal of information you can read yourself.

Twitter review by User

"A sometimes obnoxious, but useful tool for business"

What do you like best?

Having a familiar hub where people can go to stay up to date with your business in a fun way is a great business asset. We can use it as little or often as we like so it doesn't get too overwhelming or dictate what we do with marketing. It's great for letting people give us feedback or learn more about what we have going on.

What do you dislike?

It can be a much at times. There's so much info flying around, and with hashtags and emojis and such, it can seem a bit jumbled and confusing at times. For as much good as it can provide, people can say bad things, true or not, which can build and give you a bad reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is almost an essential business tool nowadays, so it's worth it to take a few minutes and sign up for a free account. Whenever you post news, you can have a way to make it available to people because not everyone is going to want to go to your website or other social media.

Staying connected with customers and leads. Being able to make announcements quickly and reach a massive audience. Having an added platform for customer communication can save time and opens us up to a larger audience.

Twitter review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"One of the best places to engage with our audience"

What do you like best?

My large Jewish nonprofit uses Twitter all day every day to engage with our audience of clergy, lay leaders, synagogue membership, other Jewish leaders, & "Jews in the pews." It is quite simply one of the best ways to both put out relevant information about our work as well as to interact directly with our members & potential members.

What do you dislike?

As a noteworthy Jewish account on the social media platform most known for trolling, we are often a target for online anti-Semitism. Though Twitter has made it easier to report such users, it has taken no proactive steps to seek them out otherwise, & even reporting them doesn't prevent them from simply creating a new account & harassing us under a new name. As a community manager, Twitter is the most exhausting platform I have to manage, when it comes to trolls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially if you're running a company account, look into best practices to avoid engaging in usage that will alienate or turn off your audiences. It's an easy platform to use, but there are plenty of specific & nuanced elements of user etiquette, which is all the more important for companies.

Twitter allows us a unique & previously unavailable opportunity to engage directly with our audiences - for them to voice their concerns & support & for us to seek out their opinions, content, & feedback.

Twitter review by <span>Kristin C.</span>
Kristin C.

"Ease, great for quick posts"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the news feed, how it changes with new posts but doesn't auto scroll when they upload. Also the ease of posting, Its a simple post and click, there are not too many options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I've made a mistake on a post that instead of being able to edit it, I have to delete and retweet. Instagram and Facebook used to be this way, and they changed. I think its time Twitter get on board.

I definitely noticed for my needs that its much easier to connect to a younger crowd on twitter, and that as long as you keep posts brief, you're likely to get retweets and likes.

Twitter review by <span>Jess K.</span>
Jess K.

"Twitter keeps me in-the-know"

What do you like best?

I turned to Twitter 6 years ago as a tool for my job search and have never looked back. As a professional in the PR and Communications industry, social media outlets like Twitter have provided an avenue to monitor conversations, promote a client, engage with customers and more. Twitter has developed greatly through the years and due to its ability to share news as it happens, it has become a major resource for PR professionals like myself. I've been able to follow key journalists and news outlets and stay aware of breaking news that may influence my company, clients, industry, etc.

What do you dislike?

One of my main complaints is that there are so many spam accounts and I get a number of spam or creepy followers weekly. I understand that my profile is public and I also understand it can be hard to monitor this, but I would like to see Twitter address this more effectively. I'd be curious to know if these followers influence the engagement and Twitter stats for me or my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to Twitter, it can take a bit to learn how to keep your messaging under 140 and still be effective at addressing your target audience, but it is a great tool to create and maintain a brand, including your personal brand.

In my most recent position, I utilized Twitter to develop and maintain relationships with local media in order to promote my client. It became a way for me to learn what these journalists wrote about, their contact preferences, interests that I could include in a pitch to signify it wasn't a mass distribution, and more. Through that process, I developed a level of trust with journalists I wanted to target with my stories. I personally believe it gave me a better chance at getting coverage for my client in comparison to a PR executive who had no previous communication with the journalist.

Twitter review by <span>Jatin J.</span>
Jatin J.

"Twitter - the great view sharing platform"

What do you like best?

The main feature is the new increased word limit for tweeting.

Trends sections

Follow different people & check their daily tweets, especially celebs, politicians,etc.

What do you dislike?

Not that many things to dislike, but yes one is there "Mentions can be seen by public not just connections."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think before you tweet just in case you are abusing. Else its the best platform to express your views know about current trending topics, be it in any field.

This has been used entirely for my personal use.

Though there are colleagues on twitter but this is not a platform to exact chat, but to express views with others & public.

Twitter review by <span>Scott A.</span>
Scott A.

"No. 1 asset for news and sports"

What do you like best?

Using it as a news feed from various reporters and writers from across the world. It is the best social media platform out there going. Gifs, images, live video. This is the present, and the future.

What do you dislike?

The politics now dominating it. Fortunately, there's a mute button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't on there yet, why not. It's amazing. I love it and believe it's the best social media platform going.

Pushing out contest, gaining followers for my website, networking, booking radio show guests

Twitter review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Twitter Could Definitely Work On Having A Pro Version"

What do you like best?

I like the short-form-content and wide network outreach that twitter allows. It is the best of both worlds, like LinkedIn meets Instagram in terms of functionality. I like the ease of the platform and the flexibility for the types of content allowed. I like that there is moderation of the platform to deter trolls and spam. I really like Twitter moments, and the trending news as it can be helpful as a Marketer, for keeping abreast.I like the verification process for professional, celebrities, talent etc. like Facebook and Instagram

What do you dislike?

The layout is a little clunky and jumbled. I do not like that there is no business, pro or premium twitter to manage tasks more easily. It is harder to conduct analytics and gain insights without a third party app or software. it is ridiculous to me that Twitter has not capitalized off offering exclusive services targeted towards professionals and the ilk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a cornerstone in social media world, and a go to for any professional brand or business.

Business problems solved include: have a quick short form content platform, being able to have a less formal outlet in aligning with my brand voice, being able to connect with professionals quickly and in real-time.

Benefits realized- how high the interaction and engagement is on Twitter, and the level of accesibility the platform offers.

Twitter review by <span>Hope C.</span>
Hope C.

"Great for interaction with followers and supporters!"

What do you like best?

Twitter is great for sharing our vision, goals, and activities. It allows for easy interaction with followers.

What do you dislike?

Twitter's one downfall is that you can't edit tweets! Would be great to be able to go back and fix typos, etc. instead of having to delete and re-post.

We get a lot of good interaction on Twitter. It is helping us increase our profile and grow our organization.

Twitter review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Another successful social media platform"

What do you like best?

The character limit, it's easy to use, quick, and free.

What do you dislike?

With my group of coworkers, friends, and family, only about 1/8 of them actually use Twitter. Facebook is usually preferred with the people I associate with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, follow companies and anyone you'd like to know more information about, and you'll learn quickly. With the character limit, it makes lengthy details about events, products, days, etc. be cut down and get right to the point.

Twitter helps get the message out there quick and easy.

Twitter review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Short. Sweet. Strong Results."

What do you like best?

What can I say about Twitter that hasn't already been said? Short-form copy, quick content and strong results lead to an engaged audience and user base that connects with our brand at every opportunity--both at home and on the go.

What do you dislike?

It may sound like a broken record, but would love a LITTLE more than the 140 character limit! Glad that links and images no longer count at least!

We're solving aimless audience targeting by identifying the correct demographics and appealing to them with relevant, timely content that engages and delights.

Twitter review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"An aquired taste I guess"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless browsing, although I'm not a big fan of twitter, it does seem to have a way of really hooking in its user's. I also have to give credit where it is due and i admit that it does seem a lot easier to find followers than any other social network.

What do you dislike?

I generally find it a little more confusing to use from facebook and google plus, due to the differences in its interface. I dislike twitter as a whole as I don't think enough can be said in 180 words or less and it encourages small pointless comments and updates from users, increasing this kind of content as opposed to meaningful or funny content with any value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned, if you have a business that needs internet promotion, you basically have to be on twitter (along with every other big social network) If you can get on with it, then more power to you, otherwise If your like me and prefer the more traditional social media tools, then I would recommend iinvesting some time into Google Plus.

Though I dislike twitter, I am trying to cope with it , as regardless of my views, it's been proven to be one of the most useful and influential tools on the internet and having a page on there is a must, for any business.

Twitter review by Agency in Entertainment
Agency in Entertainment

"Tweets away!"

What do you like best?

Twitter is simple to get started, challenging to master. It's feed is actually live and not algorithm based like the other big social networks which is great for in the moment communications

What do you dislike?

At the same time - Twitter's live nature makes timing that much more critical. Posts / Tweets can have very short lifespans sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For marketing, advertising, and customer service purposes - how can you not be on Twitter? The platform is truly unique in delivering live communication between you and your customers/followers

Twitter has been a successful platform in terms of paid advertising as well as live customer support.

Twitter review by <span>Karen C.</span>
Karen C.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

I like that Twitter is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Twitter has sponsored ads.

I am sharing information across multiple platforms.

Twitter review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Quick but lacking "

What do you like best?

I like the ability that it is integrated into other platforms like HootSuite so that I can make posts from one place. It's quick, short and sweet.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not seem as relevant to my business as other social media such as Facebook and Instagram. People are much more engaged on other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know how to use the tools that allow for longer tweets, linking, posting pictures, etc.

Twitter is another way for me to reach consumers who many not engage on Facebook or Instagram

Twitter review by <span>Rachael C.</span>
Rachael C.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

Twitter is simple, 140 characters provides a brief informative message about different things you need to get across to users. I like that you are not limited on who you can follow

What do you dislike?

There are quite a bit of spam accounts, you just have to be sure to verify users

Twitter is used to convey proposal deadlines, research information, and general information to followers

Twitter review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"I love using twitter for social purposes."

What do you like best?

I like that it restricts people to 140 characters. There are many people who want to go on rants and I am just glad that they can't do it on twitter. I also like that is connected to instagram and Facebook, so you don't have to worry about creating a new post to say or share the same thing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the privacy settings. Knowing that if one person retweets your tweet that then anyone can retweet your tweet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you really think about what you are going to tweet before you tweet it. Some people you can tell they had nothing to tweet so they made something up. Sometimes if you have nothing to tweet then just don't tweet. Just that easy.

Being able to post different events or news about clients has been beneficial for clients. Especially in this technological age where kids sit on their phones all day, being able to reach different target markets through social media has been helpful.

Twitter review by <span>Megan M.</span>
Megan M.

"Real-time Connectivity, However a Flawed System"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect with all kinds of people and businesses through the Twitter platform. From celebrities to products to family- Twitter has it all in 140 characters or less.

What do you dislike?

There is a LOT of spam flying around. There should be a rule against folks who say anything about buying Twitter followers. I can't tell you how many spambots add me each day and I just have to shake my head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering using Twitter, use it as a supplement to other social media platforms. You will also need to repeat yourself to get your message across. Consider using a social scheduling platform to plan out future Tweets and suggest optimal times to post Tweets. Don't feel like you have to follow every user who ads you back. Follow only users who mean something to you- prospects, industry leaders, etc. This will help cut down on spam.

Twitter can be great for keeping up with the latest events and for keeping in touch with others at conferences around the globe. Your next event needs a hashtag- and you can find hashtags readily on Twitter to help point you in the best direction.

Twitter is a good platform for our business to run real-time contests or post quick tips. We have been able to build our following- especially with the younger generation.

Twitter review by <span>Audrey P.</span>
Audrey P.

"Twitter Review"

What do you like best?

I primarily use Twitter for keeping up on industry news.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to control for quality. Sometimes I see relevant articles and sometimes I do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy. Might as well try it!

The only difficult task as an administrator is adhering to social media guidelines.

We mainly post press releases and photos from conferences just to have some sort of social media presence.

Twitter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"how could i live without twitter?"

What do you like best?

easy to share links + articles. Builds engagement with customers and easy to find new customers.

What do you dislike?

The inbox for DM is not the best. There needs to be a better way to filter messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for businesses to connect with customers, new customers, and other businesses

ease of communication + ability to find new customer

Twitter review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Tweeting all day every day"

What do you like best?

Twitter is my news channel. When an event is happening I go to Twitter for an update. It is also a source of inspiration. I love that I can digest content quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I disklike that Twitter isn't fully embracing itself as channel for news, yes there are moments there, but those don't get at the heart of the stories I want to hear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use Twitter more, it is not used enough and it is used a lot by people who aren't taking full advantage of its capabilities and strengths.

Getting inspiration and information to my audience

Twitter review by User

"Incredible reach; get-the-job-done tools"

What do you like best?

Engagement is easy to build organically. Great vehicle for content. Super intuitive interface and obviously, it's 2017—everyone uses Twitter.

What do you dislike?

Poor moderation tools; busy ad interface; decent but not overwhelmingly good analytics. Wish there was a more robust Twitter for business program; a lot of brands (especially smaller ones) would benefit from this. Everything gets the job done, though.

Reaching our audiences. Organic reach beats other social platforms (by a long shot), and a little money in the advertising budget goes a long way.

Twitter review by <span>Derek Bohlen ~ O.</span>
Derek Bohlen ~ O.

"Great for networking"

What do you like best?

the ability to now get the news and live streams of things .

What do you dislike?

the over populating of Hashtags. I wish that people could not talk in a public forum with a private account.

Connecting for new business and conferences that we need to go.

Twitter review by User in Internet

"Twitter's strengths definitely outweigh its weaknesses"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Twitter is that users have access to anything and everything. Twitter is a very prominent tool in today's media world and virtually everyone in the world is on there. Because of this, users have access to almost anything they want... news outlets, companies, celebrities, friends and family. Twitter users can read the thoughts and updates of nearly anyone (or any organization/company in the world) in an instant.

One of the strengths of Twitter is that users don't need to know each other to follow each other socially (as is the socially-acceptable unwritten rule for Facebook). Celebrities and major companies and organizations provide their information to all who want to see it. Their material can instantly appear on any users page with the click of a button ("Follow") .... without the wait time in waiting to be accepted.

What do you dislike?

At times, I dislike the 140 character limit... this issue is particularly prominent when sharing articles with long titles. The ability to compress web links is definitely helpful when using Twitter. However, it is hard to remain professional when the 140 character limit drives a user to use colloquial language and short-hand versions of words.

A second issue I have found with Twitter is that the promoted advertisements clog up my Twitter Feed a bit more than I would like. I understand that advertising is part of the revenue/profit process... but throwing the advertisements in with my Feed gets in the way of the news content I'm reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a really great resource for sifting through information of personal interest. It's quick, easy, and users can definitely personalize the information they receive. Personally, I have found it is a great way to stay up-to-date with world news and a great resource to introduce users to the habit of staying up-to-date.

The primary benefits I have realized is that Twitter has transformed the news world. Twitter provides the ability to read instant updates on various news topics. The tweets provide snippets of information that the user can selectively read. News tweets give headlines and links to the full article. If there is something the user is interested in, they can delve deeper into the issue. If not, the user can easily pass over the post.

"Best"

What do you like best?

Is easy to use, you can have access to the news quickly

What do you dislike?

Few characters to talk about some issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connecting with people and speak real time with all the glove

Twitter review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Reach lots of people with few words "

What do you like best?

Twitter allows you to reach a large mass of people

What do you dislike?

There is a character limit so it's not always easy to say exactly what you want

Donor communications. Public awareness.

Twitter review by <span>Sam M.</span>
Sam M.

"The social network for a moment in time"

What do you like best?

Twitter is at its best when it's being tweeted in the moment. That is the power of Twitter. It can be used for other things like content marketing and other things like that, but it really hammers the point of real-time information. The next thing that I really like is that you can't write a novel. You are limited to 160 characters, which makes you have to be concise in what you're saying and how you're saying it.

What do you dislike?

Things have a tendency to be taken out of context because you are limited to 160 characters and because it's hard to be that concise. There are a few out there that exceed at this, but a majority of people are not so Twitter tends to be just like the other social networks in many regards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is fast, it's furious, and it's in the moment. When things are happening in the moment is when Twitter is at its best. It can be used for nearly everything else that Facebook and Google+ can, but in a different way. The truncated nature of Twitter can be mistaken, but this can also make others be more concise in what they are saying.

Being able to see what is trending and when gives you large insights (just like Google Analytics or other social media analytical tools) into what your followers are reading and doing. This can open up new avenues that you may not have even known about before.

Twitter review by <span>Liz P.</span>
Liz P.

"Love this product that has revolutionized my career!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to search on keywords I like to follow including #Advocatemktg, #Socialselling and #customersuccess. It's a great tool that every modern marketer should use.

What do you dislike?

The only drawbacks are the inappropriate photos and comments people post. I wish there was a "safe" setting or something so I wouldn't have to see that garbage.

I am the Director of Customer Success Marketing at Mitel and keep an eye out on Twitter for new advocates and to encourage employees that are learning to be social.

Twitter review by <span>Jonathan L.</span>
Jonathan L.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to navigate both on mobile and fixed platforms. Using regularly produces the best results and it is a great way to keep up with colleges and industry trends.

What do you dislike?

Accessing personalized lists could be faster, so that certain personalized information can be accessed making the experience even more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make lists and use them to more easily access older tweets that might be better suited to your current needs. The way to get a better experience is to use it on a regular basis so that you can grow reputation and increase reach.

Solving a need to reach colleagues and develop a reputation in social media marketing.

Twitter review by <span>Daniel B. H.</span>
Daniel B. H.

"Good on the basics, but can be buggy"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, you can be logged into multiple accounts at once - it's a good app for the basics.

What do you dislike?

While the Twitter app is good for the basics, it falls flat on some of the key details. For instance, you can't see to scroll to a user's profile information from the profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Twitter for either personal or professional reasons, it makes sense to use an app. Currently, Twitter is one of the best.

I manage multiple Twitter accounts, in addition to my own personal account. The main reason I downloaded the app is so I could be logged in to multiple accounts at the same time. It also prevents me from having too many additional browser tabs open at once.

Twitter review by User in Internet

"Good for news updates"

What do you like best?

I can follow all of the news in my twitter feed

What do you dislike?

Limited to 140 characters, so it is difficult to communicate more complex ideas with such few characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn through observation, but search for people and topics of interest to you first.

Connecting with other business professionals who share the same passion about similar ideas and space.

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

Twitter is pretty cool but can be kinda confusing to use for some people and others not so much

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it was so confusing at first and took me awhile to figure it out

It helps me advertise my art and craft stuff and get people to see me work

Twitter review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

I really am in the middle on this one, I am not sure if it's going to last as popular as it is, it's limited but does offer brief connectivity that is somewhat entertaining

What do you dislike?

trolls, strangers following you, just a lot of nonsense which is why i use it in a very limited capacity overall

Recommendations to others considering the product

be careful, strangers follow you

none

Twitter review by <span>Avni S.</span>
Avni S.

"One of the leading Social Network Sites that have made an impact on our Society!"

What do you like best?

Beyond the "What are you doing" question, I like how you can follow your favorite media personalities and keep up with their updates. Also as a recruiter, I like the tweet my jobs feature as you can broadcast your jobs to a broader audience. This is not only a social-networking site but also serves as "micro blogging" site.

What do you dislike?

The service's seemingly trivial function makes me want to snub it. The character limit of 140 is too short and wish it would be limitless so people can express their thoughts fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter has proven its longevity and I think it will be around for years to come.

For Business use- you can use twitter to broadcast your jobs and you can even source for potential candidates.

Twitter review by <span>Michelle L.</span>
Michelle L.

"Twitter - I swear I tried but I still don't get you!"

What do you like best?

I built a network of about 100 followers all related to my business. I sent out random tweets both business and personal in nature. I was able to share information about changes in my business and do so with a tweet.

What do you dislike?

All that sounds great but I'm not sure who ever read any of my tweets. It seems like a chore to keep up a twitter account. I also didn't seem to read anything of value from my network. I tried but I eventually forgot about my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure what to recommend, sorry.

It was giving me an additional avenue to communicate with my clients. I'm just not sure 160 characters was enough.

Twitter review by User in Computer Software

"A great tool, once you've got the hang of it."

What do you like best?

One of the best ways to gather information, often quicker than most other media.

It's a great way to stay in the loop.

What do you dislike?

There's little to no interaction on Twitter, basically just one way traffic. Which causes a lot of noise.

It's an easy way to communicate news to your followers. Via private messages you can interact or pick up issues or bad press.

Twitter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Tweet your way to the Top"

What do you like best?

Twitter is quick, easy, and beneficial to businesses trying to grow their reach.

What do you dislike?

Not always accurate notification settings so it is hard to see when people started following you and who liked what when?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to reach a large market.

Twitter helps my business reach the millennial generation.

Twitter review by <span>Sam W.</span>
Sam W.

"Move over Facebook: the definitive social networking tool"

What do you like best?

Twitter trumps Facebook in terms of it's social networking function: allowing businesses and consumers to share, talk, and develop relations. No where else can CEOs interact directly with a single consumer on a minute-to-minute basis. Following trends and the latest updates are instantaneous with Twitter, and hashtags have retooled communication of the 21st century with customizeable tags to make searching easier and more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Too often, companies abuse Twitter with a flood of pointless tweets and spam, which can be remedied by a simple 'unfollow.'

Keeping in touch with the brands you love cannot be simpler. I can't think of how many times I've interacted with people and companies that would normally be physically or logistically impossible. I've followed trends, nabbed deals the second their dropped online, and broadened my knowledge of what I love.

Twitter review by <span>Chris L.</span>
Chris L.

"Twitter is actually relevant"

What do you like best?

I like that Twitter is real time. Not only is the content real time, but if you time it right, people will see your tweets when you post them (if they are online).

What do you dislike?

It is hard to gauge when the majority of your audience is really online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Timing your tweets wisely is very important to have a successful twitter campaign. there are multiple tools you can use to see when they are online and what your demographics are. I recommend Followerwonk

Getting information to people at their fingertips right as it happens.

Twitter review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

Twitter is a great tool for sharing information and connecting with a broader scale of individuals versus Facebook.

What do you dislike?

There can be a lot of garbage on Twitter. Many people overuse it to run through a play-by-play of their day. There are also a lot of scammers who want to sell you followers.

I've been able to connect with journalists and land notable placements for my clients. It's also great for sharing media coverage.

Twitter review by <span>Hetal S.</span>
Hetal S.

"A social media phenomenon!"

What do you like best?

Everybody and anybody has a twitter account. I like the fact that I can hashtag and send out tweets to friends. I can give important updates about my life in characters less than 140.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I think it complements other social networks such as facebook very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Twitter. It's worth checking out what the hype is about!

-Connectivity to people -this includes friends and family/ also being able to connect with your favorite tv/media personas is nice.

Twitter review by <span>Kathleen G.</span>
Kathleen G.

"Short, sweet, and to the point."

What do you like best?

Twitter is a wonderful way to keep the status that you want to share to the point. (We all know that one person who rambles on with social networking website posts, don't we?) There is a lot you can say in 140 characters. Between the use of tagging other user accounts and hash tags, finding something that you're interested in could be quite simple. I like to use Twitter to join the conversation of my favorite television shows. If you had noticed, a lot more television shows are incorporating a hash tag somewhere on the screen to cue the conversation to spark online. With the popularity of the application, it is simple to keep up-to-date on whatever might be happening out there in the world. You don't have the application open to be in the loop -- Twitter has a variety of push notifications to let you know when someone you follow has posted a new tweet. Versatile application on just about every smart phone and tablet on the market.

What do you dislike?

I still see the vulnerability of some accounts being hacked and being used to spread spam. Otherwise, I do not like how hash tags and tagging another user account is used against your overall character count. Some users have long usernames and it cuts down on how much you can say in one tweet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore hash tags -- this is a wonderful way to communicate with others around the world effortlessly about your interests.

Twitter review by <span>Adam R.</span>
Adam R.

"A Reluctant Convert to Twitter"

What do you like best?

The format literally forces the writer to be succinct - you get 140 characters to get your message across, and that's it. As I use it, mostly for keeping up with news and events, this is invaluable; I can read 20 news stories in the time it normally would have taken me to read one.

What do you dislike?

The format literally forces the writer to be succinct, which severely handicaps the writer's ability to convey subtleties of that particular story. Brevity may be the soul of wit, but it's also the death of nuance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to browse, but not as your only source of news - instead, figure out through Twitter what news stories you would like to learn more about, then head to a site without character limits (and preferably paid writers) to really get the scoop.

Twitter review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

"Was skeptical at first, but see its potential more now"

What do you like best?

The structure and constraints force the user to be pithy, creative, and innovative to get ideas across. The ability to have a meaningful discourse reflects on the intelligence and communication ability of the user.

What do you dislike?

Auto-posting of sponsored content is annoying. There should be some sort of way to tell if the item if sponsored or originating from an automated form/entry or original content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter has a stronger degree of transparency and respect for privacy than Google/Facebook, so that is a positive thing. Consider the potential for relationship management, particularly with customers who are annoyed/angry with your product. Mitigating negative feedback can present a positive feedback loop. Also, be careful what you post!!

Twitter review by <span>Britten T.</span>
Britten T.

"Twitter can be Difficult, but fun"

What do you like best?

AS a selling tool, Twitter is a great way to extend your reach. The Tweets you post will be viewable by all Twitter users who search for material related to your posts. In this way, Twitter is a great way for connecting with new customers and clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the speed at which a Tweet becomes cumbersome. Because they is so much information being shared on Twitter, the posts you share have a shelf life of just a few minutes meaning you will have to post very regularly to stay relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't ignore your Twitter feed! If you don't have the time to dedicate to keeping your Twitter profile active and engaging, hire someone who can run your Twitter profile for you.

Twitter review by <span>Stevie G.</span>
Stevie G.

"I love twitter"

What do you like best?

Twitter is a great social media alternative to Facebook. Less annoying notifications, more fun.

What do you dislike?

The character limit for tweets. It should be longer

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not signed up for Twitter yet, you should do it IMMEDIATELY!

I like to use Twitter to tweet about certain news in my business to keep my customers who follow me up to date.

Twitter review by <span>Alejandro A. C.</span>
Alejandro A. C.

"I hear you :)"

What do you like best?

What's the best way to get your voice heard? Shout, right? I think that's the effect Twitter's had on the world in general, considering you can't use any lengthy kind of speech in less than 140 characters. It has helped me be more concise, but mostly, it's helped me reach out and out and out as many times as I wanted to. I love the little bird honestly.

What do you dislike?

Oh well, getting around for the first time with all the # and the @ wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but after a while I got used to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free, kind of the thing right now, so use it ;-)

Twitter review by <span>Joy M.</span>
Joy M.

"Twitter for News & Thought Leadership"

What do you like best?

I like that Twitter provides an active community to connect with other similar professionals. Twitter is a great resource for news, thought leadership, and industry trends. The use of #hashtags to index and categorize topics make finding topics of interest easy and user friendly. I use Twitter as my main source of industry news for timely and relevant information.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Twitter would allow you to use the same email for more than one Twitter profile - one for personal and one for business/company (similar to how Facebook Pages works). Another downfall of Twitter is that posts and information come so fast, especially the more people you connect with, that it's sometimes hard to filter through without hashtags - information is great, but too much information too fast can be overwhelming to the beginner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Twitter for those looking to use it as a news source, keep up on industry trends or follow thought leaders. It is a good personal or business branding tool, but B2B companies may still struggle to find the right audience. Overall, it's a good social platform and should be considered alongside other social networks.

Twitter review by <span>Billy B.</span>
Billy B.

"Twitter: Communicate with the world."

What do you like best?

Of every website and mobile app out there, Twitter is by far the one I go to most. Twitter has is the place to communicate with the world, discover new things, learn about breaking news first, and anything else you can think of. Besides the obvious personal aspects of Twitter, it's also a great tool for business marketing. If you're not on Twitter, you're not a legit business, no matter what industry, big or small. People are discussing and searching for any and possibly every business or brand every day and you should be there waiting and ready to engage.

What do you dislike?

The only bad part of Twitter is there is no filter. While there is a ton of good on Twitter, there is sometimes a ton of bad. Spammers, graphic content, and a lot of other thing you might not want to see or deal with. However, this is life and no matter where you go or what you do it's something you have to factor in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. I can't imagine life without Twitter. One of the best creations, ever.

Twitter review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Amusing, but Necessary?"

What do you like best?

For years society looked to celebrities as icons, but with little knowledge of true character. Twitter gives an insight to celebs like never before had. Although, simple tweets only conveys fleeting thoughts, it is amusing.

What do you dislike?

As far as productive, and uplifting. Tweets are rarely reviewed to find inspiration and support. They don't really add that much to society aside from yet another amusing time filler. If I am all alone with absolutely no other option, not even Dr. Phil on TV then I will review tweets for entertainment, but only at my lowest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What can I say. There is really nothing like it, but first you should evaluate the reason for which you consider using Twitter, then decide if you could use your time for something else. Your time is only worth what you trade it for.

Twitter review by <span>Tom L.</span>
Tom L.

"Great for quick updates"

What do you like best?

By taking just a few minutes to scroll through my feed, I can get updates on technology news, sports scores for my favorite teams, and see what my friends and co-workers are up to. You can also check the trending topics to see what everyone else is tweeting about and catch news stories before they show up in some of the other, more traditional places.

What do you dislike?

Twitter has made a lot of changes to their APIs lately, making it difficult for some of the other social sites to integrate. It also has a pretty big echo chamber effect (lots of re-tweets of the same news).

Recommendations to others considering the product

People seem to either love it or hate it. The nice thing is that it's free, so it doesn't hurt anything to try it out for a little while and decide for yourself. If you have specific people or companies that you're interested in following, it's definitely a valuable tool for getting updates.

Twitter review by <span>Erin P.</span>
Erin P.

"Limited in Character, not in Potential"

What do you like best?

I like finding resources and information without having to wade through a bunch of fluff...because of the short character limit, most of what I am scanning is to the point, and quick to review. I can easily keep up with current events as well as trends in my areas of interest. I also enjoy that there isn't as much "TMI" as on Facebook.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be unresolved security issues...accounts frequently being hacked and spammed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a way to market yourself or keep in touch with individuals and certain industries in general, Twitter is a fantastic way to do so. It offers a more personal way to connect with people and companies, too. I've had great customer service via Twitter correspondence.

Twitter review by <span>Charysse S.</span>
Charysse S.

"Like Facebook on Steroids"

What do you like best?

140 characters is short enough to get your message across quickly. Twitter serves its purpose well as a mass social medium. It is quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lots of tweets are entertaining but serve no further purpose. I would not use it as a reliable source of news. It's an excellent means to spread gossip and from what I have seen, its fan base tends to be quite young. There tends to be a good deal of spam so it's not the most secure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you often post updates on Facebook, then Twitter might be for you. It is a great way to follow up on others and have them follow up on you.

Twitter review by <span>Videha D.</span>
Videha D.

"Tiny and Helpful"

What do you like best?

The best way to follow artists and popular people. I also use it to broadcast messages to all my batch mates. We have an account for our college batch and all the batch mates have followed the account. When ever i need to message all my friends tweet and they even get a sms. Its fast and easy. saves a lot of time and money

What do you dislike?

The tweets are limited to certain amount of characters. Therefore a lengthy message cannot be tweeted. but then again that is what tweet is all about

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to know what popular people are doing, then create an account and start following them and keep updated

Twitter review by <span>Gareth B.</span>
Gareth B.

"Fast updates"

What do you like best?

Twitter's interface is probably the most easy and intuitive I've used

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was a more advanced search function

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in!

Fast status updates provide the ability to 'broadcast' when needed, being able to direct to a twitter account is very easy.

Twitter review by <span>Ethan K.</span>
Ethan K.

"Share Yourself in Just a Few Words"

What do you like best?

Twitter has quickly become my new favorite social media site. For a long time I used Facebook exclusively, but stumbled upon Twitter when I realized I wasn't wasting enough of my time (joking). I found Twitter to be much more than people posting pictures of their food. I follow many sports writers, news sources, comedians, and bands/band members. I get all kinds of news and updates, usually faster and more focused than reading a whole column. Facebook quickly has become the place where people post things I'm not interested in. If I'm not a friend of someone on Facebook, I might never talk to them again. If I don't follow someone on Twitter, it's hard to notice and it just means they aren't very interesting.

What do you dislike?

There is very little acknowledgement. Facebook's "Like" button really revolutionized the "hey, I enjoyed what you posted" comment without writing something other than "cool" or "lol". Twitter needs something like this, and the "Favorite" button isn't doing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter can be what you make of it. Follow your friends and get brief updates on what they're doing. Follow comedians for their commentary on the world. Follow bands and get updates on their tours and their records. Follow actors and get great behind the scenes photos and updates on when their movies come out. There's so much to explore and find out and discuss on Twitter.

Twitter review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"140 character limit for a reason..."

What do you like best?

I check Twitter once, maybe twice a day. I use it primarily to follow technology, trends, local businesses, and local government. I have kept my following list relatively short b/c I am not a heavy social media user (I don't have Facebook, just LinkedIn.) It works well for me to see what my friends are doing or reading or eating daily. It also works well for me to keep tabs on local businesses to see if they are running a special or new location, etc. Quick place for me to see all that.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot follow hash tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use this like Facebook. It is meant to be short updates, not life stories...

Twitter review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Easy to use. Great Social Media tool."

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Tools are streamlined. Ability to add a comment to a re-tweet.

What do you dislike?

Switch between different profiles. 140 character limit.

Sharing information to my network.

Twitter review by <span>Bernardo D.</span>
Bernardo D.

"Best Place to Market your Brand"

What do you like best?

Twitter is definitely the best place to market your brand if you're looking to extend your reach and connect easily. Twitter is a great tool you can use to connect with other like-minded clients/customers/businesses, while maintaining brevity.

What do you dislike?

The Analytics dashboard isn't ideal if you're looking for in-depth insight on your Twitter engagement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To measure the performance of your tweets, don't rely on the Analytics dashboard provided by Twitter, unless it's for the basic metrics (e.g. fanbase growth, engagement towards your tweets).

Twitter review by <span>Ruban K.</span>
Ruban K.

"Best way to do social business"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Better navigation. No unwanted links or sections. Oauth Support to integrate with other applications. Desktop equivalents like Tweetdeck. Better mobile support. HASHTAGS and trending topics

What do you dislike?

Search doesn't really help much. Accessing Lists are difficult when compared with FB lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this and get to know the trending topic on your region or worldwide.

Twitter review by <span>Tara L.</span>
Tara L.

"I admit it - I'm a Twitter Addict"

What do you like best?

I love that twitter is short and sweet. The 140 characters limit means people get to the point and when I'm scrolling through my feed I know right away what is going on and if I want to read more.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to search my tweets and the tweets in my feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a great way to engage customers and potential customers while at the same time keeping on top of all the industry news.

Twitter review by <span>Mark R.</span>
Mark R.

"Tweat Tweat"

What do you like best?

Very easy to setup and use. I was first skeptical of Twitter. Couldn't figure out the value. But the more I used it the more I got out of it. It is a great tool to get a quick message out to your contacts.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and see if it add value to your social life.

Twitter review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

"Simple concept and widely used"

What do you like best?

This is where most new and hot topics are mentioned first

What do you dislike?

Too much non-relevant discussions. Can be a time sink

Recommendations to others considering the product

Still one of the most relevant services for staying up to date

Staying up to date

Twitter review by <span>Shyam K.</span>
Shyam K.

"Get the msg across is 140 Characters"

What do you like best?

LIke the title says, so long as you can fit your msg in 140 characters you are good to go. It is an easy to use tool that if used properly can really help you target the right audience and drive traffic to your product.

What do you dislike?

The limitation of 140 characters

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your msg is concrete and spot on - you have such a short space to captivate the audience so use it wisely.

Twitter review by <span>Shari R.</span>
Shari R.

"Twitterverse"

What do you like best?

Free platform; simple sign up; breaking news that hits Twitter in real-time

What do you dislike?

Twitter can be extremely addictive; reliability issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Twitter to anyone.

Learning and chatting about our industry; engage with customers; grow business

Twitter review by <span>Cate C.</span>
Cate C.

"Good for conversations & listening"

What do you like best?

I love that Twitter allows users access to an incredible stream of information and conversations. I have made a number of friends via the network and everyday I find articles that I enjoy.

What do you dislike?

The constant stream of information can make it hard to process the details. The more accounts you follow, the more congested your stream.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a handle you are comfortable sharing with others.

Twitter review by <span>Bobby H.</span>
Bobby H.

"Best way to get news"

What do you like best?

Twitter is where I get all of my news. The ability to get everything quickly and in a short to the point 140 characters or less story is fantastic

What do you dislike?

You can get spammed an awful lot, but it's not horrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best social media for news

Twitter review by <span>Trevor R.</span>
Trevor R.

"Myriad Uses"

What do you like best?

I first used twitter as a business networking tool for a small nonprofit to release information about upcoming events and projects. It was greatly succesful as a social marketing tool, and its no surprise that it has become even more succesful as a must-have way to stay "in the know" for the individual user.

What do you dislike?

Tweeting is great for instantly updating large numbers of followers, but lacks the tools to compensate for large numbers of followers. It can be easy for updates to be lost in the sea of tweets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get with the program! - start tweeting

Twitter review by <span>Daniel W.</span>
Daniel W.

"Most accessible social media platform out there"

What do you like best?

Twitter is easy to learn and use. It's a flexible platform, which means you can be creative with how you use it (from both a business & personal perspective).

What do you dislike?

As it's grown in popularity, Twitter has become increasingly noisy. Therefore, if you are seeking to use it as a marketing platform, be prepared to commit a decent amount of time and resources to managing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create lists, use sanctioned Twitter clients to improve your ability to manage it. Experiment with the ad platform.

Twitter review by <span>Andee F.</span>
Andee F.

"Building Community One Tweet at a Time!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Twitter is not Facebook. Or, it isn't always. I have built a community following on Twitter for my website with about 2 people who I know in real life. The rest are people from all over the country who are interested in what I am interested in and what I have to say in my very concise word contraint - which I love.

What do you dislike?

Celebrities. Well, that's not fair. That doesn't have anything to do with Twitter. Lots of people like celebrities. I just wish Twitter "Promoted" more than who is famous bur rather who is doing interesting things in order to build larger, more diverse communities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow and participate. It only reaches its potential when fully engaged. If Tweeting for a business, project, website, etc. you need to follow a lot, tweet at least once a day and engage the people in your community. It's active work but with such a meaningful payoff!

Twitter review by <span>Cristo L.</span>
Cristo L.

"La mejor forma de posicionar tu mensaje"

What do you like best?

Hastags la habilidad de poder seguir el impacto y alcance de tu mensaje y hacer el data mining son por demas impresionantes. ninguna otra red social ofrece tantos datos comoTwitter

What do you dislike?

Como en todos lados el spam y los boots que ahcen publicidad automatizada son algo nefastos pero se sienten menos pues el feed es muy dinamico.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usalo, sin duda. Ahora

Twitter review by <span>Jon J.</span>
Jon J.

"Gives the age old phrase 'Hello world' a whole new meaning."

What do you like best?

I like that I can see updates to the biggest stories in the news right as they're happening. It's also fun to watch twitter during presidential debates. :-)

What do you dislike?

I hate that if I leave twitter alone for a while, I get way behind and feel like I have to read every tweet that I missed over the last few days. Dang habit...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. Why not?

Twitter review by <span>Philip P.</span>
Philip P.

"Twitter, where you go to find out what's happening...before it happens"

What do you like best?

All kinds of different information at the palm of your hand. Twitter can be used in many different facets - business, political, entertainment, and gossip. It can also be used as a way to express yourself and get your thoughts off your chest. It offers you information and a way to get inside the mind of your favorite people.

What do you dislike?

Twitter can be a bit confusing to those who don't know how to use it. Using and understanding hashtags can be tricky to learn. There has also been a lot of spam on Twitter as of late, a lot of fake spam accounts tweeting fake links can get annoying. The mobile app crashes sometimes as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely takes some time to getting used to, but once you get a hold of how to fully utilize it, you're gonna love it

Twitter review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Rio and Joey are my mates"

What do you like best?

The interaction and banter between footballers and fans is comical at times. I follow Rio Ferdinand and Joey Barton and they know how to crack a joke. Its a great application for instant information and updates. For example, i recently had a broadband issue so i used twitter on my phone on 3G, and found the issue was within my whole area and not just me! My internet provider didnt provide this information on their website til hours later!

Its great for instant traffic updates if your ever on the road.

Its main feature is the ability to interact with famous users, but by only using 140 characters maximum: a great short Q&A session which many footballers do with followers (us normal people who follow them).

What do you dislike?

its only 140 characters per message/tweet. Thats not a bad thing, i mean who wants to read a full script! But at same time 140 characters always proves not enough!

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would recommend to others - perfect for up to date 'whats going on' in and around whereever you are, or plan to be.

You can see what your favourite celebs have to say. And interact with them (if your tweet is funny enough for them to want to reply to you!).

And businesses use it to: for instant promotions, customer service updates. Its a great tool and was definately a revelation when it first came to market.

Twitter review by User in Computer Software

"Great social media tool for business or personal - but Twitter Ads are suspect! "

What do you like best?

Love being able to follow friends, colleagues and general interest stuff. Twitter is a better source of breaking news than any other media outlet.

What do you dislike?

From a business perspective, I've been fairly disappointed with Twitter Ads. More specifically, the promoted tweets feature is pretty much worthless, as Twitter measures "engagement" pretty liberally. Would be much more useful if advertisers were charged per link click as opposed to people who simply open the tweet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set privacy settings accordingly, and be careful what you say - because it's instantaneous and public.

N/A

Twitter review by <span>Oliver W.</span>
Oliver W.

"Social Media where news travels fast!"

What do you like best?

It is great to be able to follow key people and get bitesize information.

I also enjoy sharing relevant information with my followers and exchaning views with people that I may not have ever met before.

It is great how you get more of an insight into people's thoughts (and personal views) of people who are famous or you would any no other way of engaging with.

What do you dislike?

I have two accounts - one for personal use and one for professional use and it is not easy to switch between them without using a 3rd party tool like TweetDeck or HootSuite.

There is some spam but twitter appear to be cutting this out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a very open social network, so think before you Tweet as people have got into trouble for posting information they shouldn't have.

I think it is great tool and once you understand how to use it you will probably find it quite addictive.

Twitter review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"use wisely"

What do you like best?

allows me to see real time news updates.

What do you dislike?

I don't like all my tweets going to everyone that follows me

instant news updates.

Twitter review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for marketers"

What do you like best?

Easy to engage in conversations with followers or potential customers.

What do you dislike?

Content is there but its buried, difficult to find sometimes and everything moves so fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a good shot before you spend a lot of money on it.

Finding customers to market to is great! Expanded reach on several direct marketing clients.

Twitter review by <span>Nick T.</span>
Nick T.

"Great; but not quite for me."

What do you like best?

Twitter is probably the best tool out there for real time news aggregation.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit kitschy. And even though brevity is the soul of wit, I don't like the idea of censoring myself to 140 characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's like a vortex; it will absolutely suck you into it's orbit.

Twitter review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"Fewer words, louder voice"

What do you like best?

Its versatility as a marketing tool. I've helped clients use it as one of their marketing tools with some success. It is a bit better than Facebook IMO.

What do you dislike?

I don't personally find it very useful for keeping in touch with personal friends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for marketing, it works.

Twitter review by <span>Sai K.</span>
Sai K.

"best way to follow leader, actors etc"

What do you like best?

I used twitter to get updates from my fav actors, people etc. Twitter is best to keep updated with industry and news. These days I came to know lot of stuff from twitter messages to my phone than going to web sites and finding about them. It is like a dynamic msg service. I think twitter and facebook are must for any company to have a social presence.

What do you dislike?

iPhone app is not great

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a social collaboration tool to follow up on companies or people

Twitter review by <span>Kristin H.</span>
Kristin H.

"Microblogging with Macro results"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin? For starters, this tool makes it possible to create a huge impact with a very little bit of effort. The strict 140 character limit on tweets is pure genius. Not only is it good for readers; it's helpful to writers, who really need to keep their messages short in order to reach as many people as possible.

For another thing, Twitter has made it really easy for developers to create apps that make using Twitter even easier. Tweetdeck and Hootsuite are obvious examples, but other products such as roundteam.co, Twitter Counter, and others provide really useful functionality that Twitter has not yet built in itself.

What do you dislike?

I, like probably everyone else on Twitter, don't love all the "junk" on there. There is a good amount of it, and if you're not careful you could see your feed overtaken by it. Curate your follows carefully and you'll have a better time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try not to be the person who's creating junk. With every tweet, think about whether you're adding value for the people who are following you. If you would be annoyed getting a similar tweet from someone you follow, then don't send it. Think of something else. Consider Twitter your easiest platform for building thought leadership, which will go way farther for you than spamming ever could.

Twitter review by <span>Ian M.</span>
Ian M.

"Great for grassroots marketing"

What do you like best?

If you're on a budget, it doesn't get much better than twitter when it comes to connecting with users in your space. Being able to share content, connect with other users and clients or simply follow competitors - twitter has allowed us to communicate easily and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Our business wants to be transparent and follow people in our industry, but sifting through the junk can be cumbersome. With a small team, being a social media maven can be tough with so much to sift through on your feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to connect with users. Great way to reach new customers. Easy to use.

Twitter review by <span>Steve K.</span>
Steve K.

"Great News Feed"

What do you like best?

I love how you finid out news that pertains to you or things that may be associated with who you follow. It's also a great source of entertainment or just dumb facts.

What do you dislike?

I can't really come up with a dislike because you aren't forced into using any of the parts. you can just go on and follow who you want without doing anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great research tool for following companies and people. Always check your facts obviuously but you will get a lot of info before most other people.

Twitter review by <span>Ahmed S.</span>
Ahmed S.

"Simple communications"

What do you like best?

The best thing for me about twitter is the privacy that is not existing in another applications

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't provide games and instant messaging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go forward it is nice

Twitter review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Marketing options are more limited, but data is ample"

What do you like best?

The platform is wide open, and paid promotion is not required for some level of success. Twitter has wide reach and makes messaging simple.

What do you dislike?

Limited varieties of ad options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You have nothing to lose.

Twitter review by <span>Mitch M.</span>
Mitch M.

"Getting More Powerful Than FB For Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to inform thousands of followers at the tap of a button. It's also a great place to advertise company promotions/events as well as manage your online reputation. I love how easy it is to share content since the entire internet is optimized for it.

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tons of great mobile apps available

Twitter review by <span>Paul I.</span>
Paul I.

"#Fun in 140 characters."

What do you like best?

It's quick, fun, easy to use. Even the challenge of 140 characters is quite fun. The spawning of the hashtag has unleashed a whole new way for people to engage with each other - although I hate the way this has seemingly crept in to people's posts on Facebook.

The native clients have proved difficult to use sometimes, although I am happier with the latest release of Twitter for iPhone and the integration of pictures.

What do you dislike?

It's a shame that links with Instagram have been removed as I personally felt they were quite complimentary.

However, what annoys me most is the incessant requests of charities or sick people for retweets. Nothing against the causes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a @name that is short, otherwise you, and others won't want to waste precious characters typing your name.

Twitter review by <span>Kryz O.</span>
Kryz O.

"the first but maybe not the best"

What do you like best?

twitter was the first message broadcasting site it rise to the top. It has a big following and most celebs use it.

Unfortunetly they have not moved with the times. They have not got any new feature and relay on its large use.

What do you dislike?

When you have may followers or are following many there is no easy way to catogarise them. Google + with their circles put a new spin on this. Its a shame google_+ doesnt have the same following

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it but use a broadcasting tool to push to google + facebook and twitter at the same time

Twitter review by <span>Susan K.</span>
Susan K.

"Set up twitter but havent gone further"

What do you like best?

Think its a great way to communicate quick and follow instant information from a variety of sources, likes etc. I was at a concert where you could submit your choice for the 2nd set and I thought what a cool idea - like the instant ability to connect with others outside of email etc.

What do you dislike?

Do we really have to have play by plays of everything we do? I haven't gotten around to tweeting anything - its hard enough to post on facebook and respond to email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an online junky and need up to date real time information or would like to expand your stalkers go for it :)

Twitter review by <span>Erich R.</span>
Erich R.

"Excellent Social Media Tool"

What do you like best?

I currently use Twitter primarily to keep up with the technology news of the day. It has excellent functionality that let's you organize groups of people you are following into lists, so you only see information relevant to the topic or industry you're interested in. It's a truly great way to stay on the "pulse" of the latest news and events that are happening. It was especially interesting to use during the election to get live real time feedback.

What do you dislike?

Everything is public. Though I understand this is one of the greatest strengths I would like greater control over the accessibility controls of some of the things I post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for disseminating information to colleagues, friends, and the world! Try using hashtags and lists to control the information you're posting and receiving in Twitter.

Twitter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"how do you feel in 140 char or less"

What do you like best?

Twitter started as a forum for people to connect to out of reach people. Great for updates and feedback

What do you dislike?

Twitter has now become a tool for everyone. A lot of peoples tweets are not very useful. However has twitter is not just a business tool I cannot really complain at that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needed for modern day social business

Learning about Twitter?

* We monitor all Twitter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.