Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting.

Work for Twitter?

Learning about Twitter?

Twitter Reviews

Showing 123 Twitter reviews
Twitter review by ZEESHAN A.
ZEESHAN A.

"Twitter Spread Your Views"

What do you like best?

1. It's easy and simple to use.

2. You to easily share your ideas, thought, and feedback with others.

3. Business responds to our feedback and is fast and you can easily track the progress of our complaints.

4. You can easily get news of what is happening around the world.

What do you dislike?

1.No editing of tweets. You have to simply delete it.

2. Less privacy

3. With so much news and tweets flowing around, sometimes the situation becomes chaotic.

1.A valuable platform to connect with customers at a personal level.

2.Valuable feedback from the customers.

3.Target audiences available.People who are genuinely interested in the product and services.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Twitter
Twitter review by Luther D.
Luther D.

"A quick way to get news out"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Twitter is its simplicity. We can quickly sign up and start sending out tweets within minutes. Since tweets are limited to 280 characters, we can write short messages that people expect to be concise. There's no pressure to write long boring business articles. People tend to like fun and casual messages, which makes the platform more fun to use for us.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how chaotic Twitter can seem sometimes. We are given limited layout options and ways for to organize information and tweets. It would be nice to have more control over how information is presented on our Twitter page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter can take a while to get a hang of. You should probably first check out the Twitter page of a business that is similar to yours, then see how what they do can be applied to your business.

We're able to post company announcements that can be quickly read by the public. Our customers and leads can instantly give us feedback and ask questions that everyone can see, which helps to minimize duplicate questions. Since we can post our website link on our Twitter page, Twitter makes it easier for people to find our website and buy our products.

What Social Networks solution do you use?

Twitter review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Great for quick communication and social media marketing!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love Twitter for business and personal use. Twitter allows me to drive traffic to my blog, interact on a global level, and attract new clients through content marketing. Twitter is also a great place to get breaking news and follow the trends of the day.

What do you dislike?

Some folks can be spammy, and the DM's should be monitored more closely for Spam. I simply decided not to respond to these DM's that are automated and impersonal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Twitter to anyone, whether you are using it for business or personal use. Twitter is an excellent platform to communicate quickly with friends, clients and other businesses! Very sleek platform and easy to use.

I am able to deliver content from my blog and connect with some of the greatest people on the planet, Twitter, if used correctly can also help you connect with new customers for your business. Also, if I need to reach another business, instead of sending an e-mail, I can send a quick tweet, stating my problem and have them call me or send me a Direct Message to solve the problem.

Twitter review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great service and Easy to Navigate!"

What do you like best?

Twitter has amazing customer service and is very easy to navigate through the site. Composing a tweet is exceptionally simple and adding content is as well. Deleting tweets is very easy as well. It works well with social media management websites as well. News is constantly circulating and it's great to be able to converse with other followers through tweets. Larger character count is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

It's impossible to edit a tweet so it must be deleted and then rewritten. News is circulating a little too fast sometimes, so tweets are lost in the mix unless you promote them. Analytics can sometimes be difficult to use due to date range restrictions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to get the word out there. Gaining followers is not as easy as it is on facebook and may take a little bit of time/money. Definitely set a profile up though and test out the market. Set up is very simple and allows you to make changes easily.

Twitter is fantastic for some of our events. We are able to tweet out room locations/updates without badgering people via facebook or email. The retweet feature also allows us to work with members and start conversations.

Twitter review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Twitter is my Favorite Social Media "

What do you like best?

Twitter offers a unique ability to communicate with others who were previously thought of as "untouchable." this is very nice and opens up the world of the "famous" to the regular person. The idea that you could tweet to your favorite athlete, author, or actor and they might see it, or even respond is very thrilling.

It's easy to tune things out on twitter. If you are upset by, or not interested in something, you can navigate twitter without ever seeing that thing.

What do you dislike?

It can be an ugly place from time to time. The internet is a pushy, gross ugly place no matter where you go, but for some reason, Twitter brings out a particular brand of mean and hateful monster that the rest of the places I go rarely has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find people who you can connect with. Twitter can either be a meaningful experience, or hell. It's up to you what you make of it.

Direct contact to clients, others who might be like minded and people who you might have an interest in. The twitter follow suggestion thing is very good as well. It makes it easier to see who you should look into and what things you might be interested.

Twitter review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Must-have for businesses"

What do you like best?

It’s the fastest way to communicate to your customers and partners. Definitely a must-have for businesses. Personally, I look at a company’s twitter page when making a business or purchasing decision. It’s also a great way to talk to your customers and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

With so much information it’s necessary to pay for ads to get in front of your audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tweet often! And make sure to get a tool that will help you post tweets throughout the day. It will be time consuming if you post one tweet at a time directly to twitter.

This helps drive visitors to our website, mostly the blog and case studies. I’ve noticed when I slowed down on posts our blog traffic also decreases. It’s also great for customer engagement. I find people share more on twitter in a B2B environment then on Facebook.

Twitter review by Cindy F S.
Cindy F S.

"Power of Twitter for Community Engagement"

What do you like best?

Twitter is an open platform and threaded discussion. People can view and search twitter by keywords and trending topics without having to sign in or even register for an account. Twitter is powerful in being able to directly contact other twitter users right on the platform transparently in public as well as in private.

What do you dislike?

The company Twitter does not understand, empathize, listen to or appreciate its actual users. The platform is not intuitive on how to use to create a following and curate appropriate tweeters to follow. Twitter Chats and live discussions on twitter are extremely powerful, but the company itself does not encourage, promote, or onboard more people in producing these events for their small, local and grass roots efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Determine what your purpose is in using social media in general

2.Decide who of your target audience is using Twitter and how they are using it

3. Be strategic in always contributing value in every tweet and interaction

4. Always provide a URL, hashtag, reference another twitter user account, give a pov or comment, add a picture/graphic

5. Respond to mentions, thank people for following

6. Search for others tweeting about your interests/brands/content and engage with them on twitter publicly

Raising visibility and creating increased attendance at events and engagement with online content and community. Benefits have been engaging with thought leaders and making professional and personal connections out of shared discussions and concerns.

Twitter review by Consultant in Writing and Editing
Consultant in Writing and Editing

"Perfect social media channel to share your brand & make connections "

What do you like best?

Twitter is very user-friendly, so its quite easy to get started. Even if you are a bit of a techno-phobe, most people can feel pretty comfortable using this social media channel. You've simply got to keep your Tweets to 130 characters or less & use hashtags when you can.

What do you dislike?

Well, personally I can be a bit wordy so sometimes fitting what I want to say into 130 characters can be a bit of a challenge. There are times I would prefer to use a larger word and can't. But for the most part, it is a great technology tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a social media channel that lets you have mini conversations with others - whether customers, clients, new business contacts and even celebrities! This is an opportunity that no other social media channel offers you in this unique way right now.

You can promote services, products or websites & blogs quite easily with Twitter. I've used client accounts to do all of these things. One of the best benefits I think is not only communicating with the public, but also connecting with people in your industry.

Twitter review by Dylan S.
Dylan S.

"Great service, poor management"

What do you like best?

Twitter is a great place for anybody seeking to put their voice out there or even for somebody who wants to remain silent but seek out instant news. There's no place like Twitter for getting news first in any area.

What do you dislike?

Management seems to not understand their base or has a desire to force their own beliefs upon the user base. They have had constant missteps such as banning searches for terms like "bisexual" while things like "Nazis" or "White Power" are not banned. Also, they recently increased to 280 characters which seemed to be something NOBODY asked for.

In news Twitter keeps you relevant. Without it you'll be behind your colleagues.

Twitter review by Whitney J.
Whitney J.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

It's a great way to stay connected with others- people you know, and celebrities you like. You can make it your own space, as silly and humorous as you'd like, or as serious and informative. It all depends on what accounts you follow.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to stick to the character count sometimes, but I'm grate for it. Nobody wants to read paragraphs about what someone ate for breakfast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try. It's free to use, and easy to learn....well, maybe the hashtags and Twitter Handles...that can take some getting used to. If you use any type of social media, this will be a breeze!

It's so easy to get our name out there. Twitter can be like free advertising. You just need to know what hashtags to use!

Twitter review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Twitter is quick, effective social media"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of Twitter, and the breadth of the audience. Twitter seems to be the most versatile platform so far as the types of users.

What do you dislike?

The character limit on Twitter makes it a bit more difficult to say anything substantive. There is also a lot of noise to sort through in order to get to real content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Twitter be part of any company's social media attack, but that they also use other platforms for when they want to provide more in-depth content.

Our business uses Twitter to share our product news and news about our industry. It's a way for us to interact with our clients and community.

Twitter review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Drive users to your content"

What do you like best?

Twitter connects you with people all over the world and all over your industry. It's a handy way to make connections and push people to your content. It's a great way to make connections and support others as they're making content and sharing opinions.

What do you dislike?

I like that people who don't really care about your content are trying to engage you with their tweets. I was getting a lot of people trying to get me to follow them or they were direct messaging me trying to sell me services I would never need or want. And sometimes it's hard to track the ROI for Twitter. I'm never really sure if it's worth the time. And when I left one job, I just changed the password and the name and took the account with me. It was hard to know what to do when I was no longer producing the same content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is useful for getting your information out there, but not everyone who uses Twitter is a useful user. In fact, not everyone who uses Twitter is even a person. There are a lot of bots out there who are just spammers. They don't care about your business of your content. Watch out and pay attention. You might have to block some followers. But for the most part, Twitter is a useful tool.

We were making content that we wanted people to see. The more content we were making, the more we wanted people to see it. Twitter gave us a way to make announcements to people who were looking for things to read as they were already online and looking for things to do. It's a tool for engagement and gets more people reading your content that you're producing. Plus, everyone is talking about Twitter, especially media producers, so it makes sense to use Twitter. We've noticed that Twitter is a way to keep current and connect with cool people out there. Plus, there's tons of information out there, so there's a great deal of information you can read yourself.

Twitter review by User

"A sometimes obnoxious, but useful tool for business"

What do you like best?

Having a familiar hub where people can go to stay up to date with your business in a fun way is a great business asset. We can use it as little or often as we like so it doesn't get too overwhelming or dictate what we do with marketing. It's great for letting people give us feedback or learn more about what we have going on.

What do you dislike?

It can be a much at times. There's so much info flying around, and with hashtags and emojis and such, it can seem a bit jumbled and confusing at times. For as much good as it can provide, people can say bad things, true or not, which can build and give you a bad reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is almost an essential business tool nowadays, so it's worth it to take a few minutes and sign up for a free account. Whenever you post news, you can have a way to make it available to people because not everyone is going to want to go to your website or other social media.

Staying connected with customers and leads. Being able to make announcements quickly and reach a massive audience. Having an added platform for customer communication can save time and opens us up to a larger audience.

Twitter review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"One of the best places to engage with our audience"

What do you like best?

My large Jewish nonprofit uses Twitter all day every day to engage with our audience of clergy, lay leaders, synagogue membership, other Jewish leaders, & "Jews in the pews." It is quite simply one of the best ways to both put out relevant information about our work as well as to interact directly with our members & potential members.

What do you dislike?

As a noteworthy Jewish account on the social media platform most known for trolling, we are often a target for online anti-Semitism. Though Twitter has made it easier to report such users, it has taken no proactive steps to seek them out otherwise, & even reporting them doesn't prevent them from simply creating a new account & harassing us under a new name. As a community manager, Twitter is the most exhausting platform I have to manage, when it comes to trolls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially if you're running a company account, look into best practices to avoid engaging in usage that will alienate or turn off your audiences. It's an easy platform to use, but there are plenty of specific & nuanced elements of user etiquette, which is all the more important for companies.

Twitter allows us a unique & previously unavailable opportunity to engage directly with our audiences - for them to voice their concerns & support & for us to seek out their opinions, content, & feedback.

Twitter review by Kristin C.
Kristin C.

"Ease, great for quick posts"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the news feed, how it changes with new posts but doesn't auto scroll when they upload. Also the ease of posting, Its a simple post and click, there are not too many options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I've made a mistake on a post that instead of being able to edit it, I have to delete and retweet. Instagram and Facebook used to be this way, and they changed. I think its time Twitter get on board.

I definitely noticed for my needs that its much easier to connect to a younger crowd on twitter, and that as long as you keep posts brief, you're likely to get retweets and likes.

Twitter review by Jess K.
Jess K.

"Twitter keeps me in-the-know"

What do you like best?

I turned to Twitter 6 years ago as a tool for my job search and have never looked back. As a professional in the PR and Communications industry, social media outlets like Twitter have provided an avenue to monitor conversations, promote a client, engage with customers and more. Twitter has developed greatly through the years and due to its ability to share news as it happens, it has become a major resource for PR professionals like myself. I've been able to follow key journalists and news outlets and stay aware of breaking news that may influence my company, clients, industry, etc.

What do you dislike?

One of my main complaints is that there are so many spam accounts and I get a number of spam or creepy followers weekly. I understand that my profile is public and I also understand it can be hard to monitor this, but I would like to see Twitter address this more effectively. I'd be curious to know if these followers influence the engagement and Twitter stats for me or my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to Twitter, it can take a bit to learn how to keep your messaging under 140 and still be effective at addressing your target audience, but it is a great tool to create and maintain a brand, including your personal brand.

In my most recent position, I utilized Twitter to develop and maintain relationships with local media in order to promote my client. It became a way for me to learn what these journalists wrote about, their contact preferences, interests that I could include in a pitch to signify it wasn't a mass distribution, and more. Through that process, I developed a level of trust with journalists I wanted to target with my stories. I personally believe it gave me a better chance at getting coverage for my client in comparison to a PR executive who had no previous communication with the journalist.

Twitter review by Jatin J.
Jatin J.

"Twitter - the great view sharing platform"

What do you like best?

The main feature is the new increased word limit for tweeting.

Trends sections

Follow different people & check their daily tweets, especially celebs, politicians,etc.

What do you dislike?

Not that many things to dislike, but yes one is there "Mentions can be seen by public not just connections."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think before you tweet just in case you are abusing. Else its the best platform to express your views know about current trending topics, be it in any field.

This has been used entirely for my personal use.

Though there are colleagues on twitter but this is not a platform to exact chat, but to express views with others & public.

Twitter review by Scott A.
Scott A.

"No. 1 asset for news and sports"

What do you like best?

Using it as a news feed from various reporters and writers from across the world. It is the best social media platform out there going. Gifs, images, live video. This is the present, and the future.

What do you dislike?

The politics now dominating it. Fortunately, there's a mute button.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't on there yet, why not. It's amazing. I love it and believe it's the best social media platform going.

Pushing out contest, gaining followers for my website, networking, booking radio show guests

Twitter review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Twitter Could Definitely Work On Having A Pro Version"

What do you like best?

I like the short-form-content and wide network outreach that twitter allows. It is the best of both worlds, like LinkedIn meets Instagram in terms of functionality. I like the ease of the platform and the flexibility for the types of content allowed. I like that there is moderation of the platform to deter trolls and spam. I really like Twitter moments, and the trending news as it can be helpful as a Marketer, for keeping abreast.I like the verification process for professional, celebrities, talent etc. like Facebook and Instagram

What do you dislike?

The layout is a little clunky and jumbled. I do not like that there is no business, pro or premium twitter to manage tasks more easily. It is harder to conduct analytics and gain insights without a third party app or software. it is ridiculous to me that Twitter has not capitalized off offering exclusive services targeted towards professionals and the ilk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a cornerstone in social media world, and a go to for any professional brand or business.

Business problems solved include: have a quick short form content platform, being able to have a less formal outlet in aligning with my brand voice, being able to connect with professionals quickly and in real-time.

Benefits realized- how high the interaction and engagement is on Twitter, and the level of accesibility the platform offers.

Twitter review by Hope C.
Hope C.

"Great for interaction with followers and supporters!"

What do you like best?

Twitter is great for sharing our vision, goals, and activities. It allows for easy interaction with followers.

What do you dislike?

Twitter's one downfall is that you can't edit tweets! Would be great to be able to go back and fix typos, etc. instead of having to delete and re-post.

We get a lot of good interaction on Twitter. It is helping us increase our profile and grow our organization.

Twitter review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Another successful social media platform"

What do you like best?

The character limit, it's easy to use, quick, and free.

What do you dislike?

With my group of coworkers, friends, and family, only about 1/8 of them actually use Twitter. Facebook is usually preferred with the people I associate with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, follow companies and anyone you'd like to know more information about, and you'll learn quickly. With the character limit, it makes lengthy details about events, products, days, etc. be cut down and get right to the point.

Twitter helps get the message out there quick and easy.

Twitter review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Short. Sweet. Strong Results."

What do you like best?

What can I say about Twitter that hasn't already been said? Short-form copy, quick content and strong results lead to an engaged audience and user base that connects with our brand at every opportunity--both at home and on the go.

What do you dislike?

It may sound like a broken record, but would love a LITTLE more than the 140 character limit! Glad that links and images no longer count at least!

We're solving aimless audience targeting by identifying the correct demographics and appealing to them with relevant, timely content that engages and delights.

Twitter review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"An aquired taste I guess"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless browsing, although I'm not a big fan of twitter, it does seem to have a way of really hooking in its user's. I also have to give credit where it is due and i admit that it does seem a lot easier to find followers than any other social network.

What do you dislike?

I generally find it a little more confusing to use from facebook and google plus, due to the differences in its interface. I dislike twitter as a whole as I don't think enough can be said in 180 words or less and it encourages small pointless comments and updates from users, increasing this kind of content as opposed to meaningful or funny content with any value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned, if you have a business that needs internet promotion, you basically have to be on twitter (along with every other big social network) If you can get on with it, then more power to you, otherwise If your like me and prefer the more traditional social media tools, then I would recommend iinvesting some time into Google Plus.

Though I dislike twitter, I am trying to cope with it , as regardless of my views, it's been proven to be one of the most useful and influential tools on the internet and having a page on there is a must, for any business.

Twitter review by Agency in Entertainment
Agency in Entertainment

"Tweets away!"

What do you like best?

Twitter is simple to get started, challenging to master. It's feed is actually live and not algorithm based like the other big social networks which is great for in the moment communications

What do you dislike?

At the same time - Twitter's live nature makes timing that much more critical. Posts / Tweets can have very short lifespans sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For marketing, advertising, and customer service purposes - how can you not be on Twitter? The platform is truly unique in delivering live communication between you and your customers/followers

Twitter has been a successful platform in terms of paid advertising as well as live customer support.

Twitter review by Karen C.
Karen C.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

I like that Twitter is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Twitter has sponsored ads.

I am sharing information across multiple platforms.

Twitter review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Quick but lacking "

What do you like best?

I like the ability that it is integrated into other platforms like HootSuite so that I can make posts from one place. It's quick, short and sweet.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does not seem as relevant to my business as other social media such as Facebook and Instagram. People are much more engaged on other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know how to use the tools that allow for longer tweets, linking, posting pictures, etc.

Twitter is another way for me to reach consumers who many not engage on Facebook or Instagram

Twitter review by Rachael C.
Rachael C.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

Twitter is simple, 140 characters provides a brief informative message about different things you need to get across to users. I like that you are not limited on who you can follow

What do you dislike?

There are quite a bit of spam accounts, you just have to be sure to verify users

Twitter is used to convey proposal deadlines, research information, and general information to followers

Twitter review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"I love using twitter for social purposes."

What do you like best?

I like that it restricts people to 140 characters. There are many people who want to go on rants and I am just glad that they can't do it on twitter. I also like that is connected to instagram and Facebook, so you don't have to worry about creating a new post to say or share the same thing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the privacy settings. Knowing that if one person retweets your tweet that then anyone can retweet your tweet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you really think about what you are going to tweet before you tweet it. Some people you can tell they had nothing to tweet so they made something up. Sometimes if you have nothing to tweet then just don't tweet. Just that easy.

Being able to post different events or news about clients has been beneficial for clients. Especially in this technological age where kids sit on their phones all day, being able to reach different target markets through social media has been helpful.

Twitter review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Real-time Connectivity, However a Flawed System"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect with all kinds of people and businesses through the Twitter platform. From celebrities to products to family- Twitter has it all in 140 characters or less.

What do you dislike?

There is a LOT of spam flying around. There should be a rule against folks who say anything about buying Twitter followers. I can't tell you how many spambots add me each day and I just have to shake my head.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering using Twitter, use it as a supplement to other social media platforms. You will also need to repeat yourself to get your message across. Consider using a social scheduling platform to plan out future Tweets and suggest optimal times to post Tweets. Don't feel like you have to follow every user who ads you back. Follow only users who mean something to you- prospects, industry leaders, etc. This will help cut down on spam.

Twitter can be great for keeping up with the latest events and for keeping in touch with others at conferences around the globe. Your next event needs a hashtag- and you can find hashtags readily on Twitter to help point you in the best direction.

Twitter is a good platform for our business to run real-time contests or post quick tips. We have been able to build our following- especially with the younger generation.

Twitter review by Audrey P.
Audrey P.

"Twitter Review"

What do you like best?

I primarily use Twitter for keeping up on industry news.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to control for quality. Sometimes I see relevant articles and sometimes I do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy. Might as well try it!

The only difficult task as an administrator is adhering to social media guidelines.

We mainly post press releases and photos from conferences just to have some sort of social media presence.

Twitter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"how could i live without twitter?"

What do you like best?

easy to share links + articles. Builds engagement with customers and easy to find new customers.

What do you dislike?

The inbox for DM is not the best. There needs to be a better way to filter messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for businesses to connect with customers, new customers, and other businesses

ease of communication + ability to find new customer

Twitter review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Tweeting all day every day"

What do you like best?

Twitter is my news channel. When an event is happening I go to Twitter for an update. It is also a source of inspiration. I love that I can digest content quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I disklike that Twitter isn't fully embracing itself as channel for news, yes there are moments there, but those don't get at the heart of the stories I want to hear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please use Twitter more, it is not used enough and it is used a lot by people who aren't taking full advantage of its capabilities and strengths.

Getting inspiration and information to my audience

Twitter review by User

"Incredible reach; get-the-job-done tools"

What do you like best?

Engagement is easy to build organically. Great vehicle for content. Super intuitive interface and obviously, it's 2017—everyone uses Twitter.

What do you dislike?

Poor moderation tools; busy ad interface; decent but not overwhelmingly good analytics. Wish there was a more robust Twitter for business program; a lot of brands (especially smaller ones) would benefit from this. Everything gets the job done, though.

Reaching our audiences. Organic reach beats other social platforms (by a long shot), and a little money in the advertising budget goes a long way.

Twitter review by Derek Bohlen ~ O.
Derek Bohlen ~ O.

"Great for networking"

What do you like best?

the ability to now get the news and live streams of things .

What do you dislike?

the over populating of Hashtags. I wish that people could not talk in a public forum with a private account.

Connecting for new business and conferences that we need to go.

Twitter review by User in Internet

"Twitter's strengths definitely outweigh its weaknesses"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Twitter is that users have access to anything and everything. Twitter is a very prominent tool in today's media world and virtually everyone in the world is on there. Because of this, users have access to almost anything they want... news outlets, companies, celebrities, friends and family. Twitter users can read the thoughts and updates of nearly anyone (or any organization/company in the world) in an instant.

One of the strengths of Twitter is that users don't need to know each other to follow each other socially (as is the socially-acceptable unwritten rule for Facebook). Celebrities and major companies and organizations provide their information to all who want to see it. Their material can instantly appear on any users page with the click of a button ("Follow") .... without the wait time in waiting to be accepted.

What do you dislike?

At times, I dislike the 140 character limit... this issue is particularly prominent when sharing articles with long titles. The ability to compress web links is definitely helpful when using Twitter. However, it is hard to remain professional when the 140 character limit drives a user to use colloquial language and short-hand versions of words.

A second issue I have found with Twitter is that the promoted advertisements clog up my Twitter Feed a bit more than I would like. I understand that advertising is part of the revenue/profit process... but throwing the advertisements in with my Feed gets in the way of the news content I'm reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is a really great resource for sifting through information of personal interest. It's quick, easy, and users can definitely personalize the information they receive. Personally, I have found it is a great way to stay up-to-date with world news and a great resource to introduce users to the habit of staying up-to-date.

The primary benefits I have realized is that Twitter has transformed the news world. Twitter provides the ability to read instant updates on various news topics. The tweets provide snippets of information that the user can selectively read. News tweets give headlines and links to the full article. If there is something the user is interested in, they can delve deeper into the issue. If not, the user can easily pass over the post.

"Best"

What do you like best?

Is easy to use, you can have access to the news quickly

What do you dislike?

Few characters to talk about some issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connecting with people and speak real time with all the glove

Twitter review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Reach lots of people with few words "

What do you like best?

Twitter allows you to reach a large mass of people

What do you dislike?

There is a character limit so it's not always easy to say exactly what you want

Donor communications. Public awareness.

Twitter review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"The social network for a moment in time"

What do you like best?

Twitter is at its best when it's being tweeted in the moment. That is the power of Twitter. It can be used for other things like content marketing and other things like that, but it really hammers the point of real-time information. The next thing that I really like is that you can't write a novel. You are limited to 160 characters, which makes you have to be concise in what you're saying and how you're saying it.

What do you dislike?

Things have a tendency to be taken out of context because you are limited to 160 characters and because it's hard to be that concise. There are a few out there that exceed at this, but a majority of people are not so Twitter tends to be just like the other social networks in many regards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter is fast, it's furious, and it's in the moment. When things are happening in the moment is when Twitter is at its best. It can be used for nearly everything else that Facebook and Google+ can, but in a different way. The truncated nature of Twitter can be mistaken, but this can also make others be more concise in what they are saying.

Being able to see what is trending and when gives you large insights (just like Google Analytics or other social media analytical tools) into what your followers are reading and doing. This can open up new avenues that you may not have even known about before.

Twitter review by Liz P.
Liz P.

"Love this product that has revolutionized my career!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to search on keywords I like to follow including #Advocatemktg, #Socialselling and #customersuccess. It's a great tool that every modern marketer should use.

What do you dislike?

The only drawbacks are the inappropriate photos and comments people post. I wish there was a "safe" setting or something so I wouldn't have to see that garbage.

I am the Director of Customer Success Marketing at Mitel and keep an eye out on Twitter for new advocates and to encourage employees that are learning to be social.

Twitter review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to navigate both on mobile and fixed platforms. Using regularly produces the best results and it is a great way to keep up with colleges and industry trends.

What do you dislike?

Accessing personalized lists could be faster, so that certain personalized information can be accessed making the experience even more personalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make lists and use them to more easily access older tweets that might be better suited to your current needs. The way to get a better experience is to use it on a regular basis so that you can grow reputation and increase reach.

Solving a need to reach colleagues and develop a reputation in social media marketing.

Twitter review by Daniel B. H.
Daniel B. H.

"Good on the basics, but can be buggy"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, you can be logged into multiple accounts at once - it's a good app for the basics.

What do you dislike?

While the Twitter app is good for the basics, it falls flat on some of the key details. For instance, you can't see to scroll to a user's profile information from the profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Twitter for either personal or professional reasons, it makes sense to use an app. Currently, Twitter is one of the best.

I manage multiple Twitter accounts, in addition to my own personal account. The main reason I downloaded the app is so I could be logged in to multiple accounts at the same time. It also prevents me from having too many additional browser tabs open at once.

Twitter review by User in Internet

"Good for news updates"

What do you like best?

I can follow all of the news in my twitter feed

What do you dislike?

Limited to 140 characters, so it is difficult to communicate more complex ideas with such few characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn through observation, but search for people and topics of interest to you first.

Connecting with other business professionals who share the same passion about similar ideas and space.

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

Twitter is pretty cool but can be kinda confusing to use for some people and others not so much

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it was so confusing at first and took me awhile to figure it out

It helps me advertise my art and craft stuff and get people to see me work

Twitter review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Twitter"

What do you like best?

I really am in the middle on this one, I am not sure if it's going to last as popular as it is, it's limited but does offer brief connectivity that is somewhat entertaining

What do you dislike?

trolls, strangers following you, just a lot of nonsense which is why i use it in a very limited capacity overall

Recommendations to others considering the product

be careful, strangers follow you

none

Twitter review by Avni S.
Avni S.

"One of the leading Social Network Sites that have made an impact on our Society!"

What do you like best?

Beyond the "What are you doing" question, I like how you can follow your favorite media personalities and keep up with their updates. Also as a recruiter, I like the tweet my jobs feature as you can broadcast your jobs to a broader audience. This is not only a social-networking site but also serves as "micro blogging" site.

What do you dislike?

The service's seemingly trivial function makes me want to snub it. The character limit of 140 is too short and wish it would be limitless so people can express their thoughts fully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Twitter has proven its longevity and I think it will be around for years to come.

For Business use- you can use twitter to broadcast your jobs and you can even source for potential candidates.

Twitter review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Twitter - I swear I tried but I still don't get you!"

What do you like best?

I built a network of about 100 followers all related to my business. I sent out random tweets both business and personal in nature. I was able to share information about changes in my business and do so with a tweet.

What do you dislike?

All that sounds great but I'm not sure who ever read any of my tweets. It seems like a chore to keep up a twitter account. I also didn't seem to read anything of value from my network. I tried but I eventually forgot about my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure what to recommend, sorry.

It was giving me an additional avenue to communicate with my clients. I'm just not sure 160 characters was enough.

Twitter review by User in Computer Software

"A great tool, once you've got the hang of it."

What do you like best?

One of the best ways to gather information, often quicker than most other media.

It's a great way to stay in the loop.

What do you dislike?

There's little to no interaction on Twitter, basically just one way traffic. Which causes a lot of noise.

It's an easy way to communicate news to your followers. Via private messages you can interact or pick up issues or bad press.

Twitter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Tweet your way to the Top"

What do you like best?

Twitter is quick, easy, and beneficial to businesses trying to grow their reach.

What do you dislike?

Not always accurate notification settings so it is hard to see when people started following you and who liked what when?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to reach a large market.

Twitter helps my business reach the millennial generation.

Twitter review by Sam W.
Sam W.

"Move over Facebook: the definitive social networking tool"

What do you like best?

Twitter trumps Facebook in terms of it's social networking function: allowing businesses and consumers to share, talk, and develop relations. No where else can CEOs interact directly with a single consumer on a minute-to-minute basis. Following trends and the latest updates are instantaneous with Twitter, and hashtags have retooled communication of the 21st century with customizeable tags to make searching easier and more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Too often, companies abuse Twitter with a flood of pointless tweets and spam, which can be remedied by a simple 'unfollow.'

Keeping in touch with the brands you love cannot be simpler. I can't think of how many times I've interacted with people and companies that would normally be physically or logistically impossible. I've followed trends, nabbed deals the second their dropped online, and broadened my knowledge of what I love.

Twitter review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Twitter is actually relevant"

What do you like best?

I like that Twitter is real time. Not only is the content real time, but if you time it right, people will see your tweets when you post them (if they are online).

What do you dislike?

It is hard to gauge when the majority of your audience is really online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Timing your tweets wisely is very important to have a successful twitter campaign. there are multiple tools you can use to see when they are online and what your demographics are. I recommend Followerwonk

Getting information to people at their fingertips right as it happens.

Learning about Twitter?

* We monitor all Twitter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.