Tyler SIS

Tyler SIS manages your staff’s essential operations and provides real-time access to student information.

Work for Tyler SIS?

Learning about Tyler SIS?

Tyler SIS Reviews

Ask Tyler SIS a Question
Showing 12 Tyler SIS reviews
Tyler SIS review by <span>Wendy P.</span>
Wendy P.

"Tyler SIS "

What do you like best?

I like that I can track my daughter's administrative information all in one place and make payments on her lunch and other fees. I can also check the details of her attendance record. For example, the schools enters a tardy, I can see exactly what date and time the tardy occurred.

I also like the integration of PayPal so that users can employ a trusted platform for performing transactions. It is convenient and trustworthy for many parents and clients.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I have to complain about. I use the mobile app mostly and it is a pretty straightforward interface. I like that there is a section for each administrative category of students.

I do also wish that there was a section in which the testing results were posted. So basically, a place to see how each student scored on testing and where they fall in the spectrum of the entire class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple, functional system for managing student information and hosting transactions with parents, Tyler SIS is the way to go!

Tracking attendance, meal balances, grades and managing communications. Our school does not utilize the announcements section as much as they should. This is a valuable feature that I think parents would appreciate. For example, when are field trips happening? When does my daughter's class need special supplies for a project? Being able to let parents know with this feature would improve the experience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Tyler SIS
Tyler SIS review by <span>Kimberly A.</span>
Kimberly A.

"Easy-to-use online student database for educators"

What do you like best?

Tyler SIS was easy to use. As a social worker, I do a lot of IEP writing. The special education team and I had a smooth experience when collaborating on various domains and sections for the IEP process. Furthermore, it was easy to look up students' current and past records, both which are important when implementing behavioral interventions.

What do you dislike?

There were times when I had to be careful about saving my progress ... Sometimes the system would time out and I would lose all my progress when it came to writing IEP reports. I would suggest writing your reports on Word first and then copying and pasting onto SIS.

Additionally, if you are on an IEP team, it's hard to work on a section that other members have also been delegated to work on. You will be "locked out" of working on the section because someone else is on there. Sometimes, they will forget to sign out of the section, which you will then won't be able to put in your own input. There should be an option for everyone to be able to make changes at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Tyler SIS. I'm using a different student portal right now and I find myself thinking back to how cleaner Tyler SIS was.

The benefits from using SIS was that it was easy for collaboration between various staff members for IEP report writing. The interface was friendly enough and navigating was, for the most part, smooth.

What US State & Local Government solution do you use?

Tyler SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Daily usage for classroom records."

What do you like best?

It is easy to previous trimester grades and customizable reports.

What do you dislike?

You must always hit apply before clicking done and not all processes are instinctual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is similar to infinite campus. It does not have as strong visual appeal but meets the same needs.

Every day I take attendance with my students. If a student is late or leaves early the office is able to access my account and change the student's status. I also use it to take breakfast and lunch count. Finally, I use it to record grades, progress reports, and report cards. It is easy to input standards based grades. Tyler allows you to apply a grade to other students.

Tyler SIS review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Not user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

All student information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

Not at all user friendly, and extremely difficult to navigate. Nothing can be done without having "training" of some kind. The app has also been reported as difficult to use, and typically doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely useful to have everything housed in one place, but if you intend to use it you need to make sure someone is always available to guide those people who need it. You'll also need someone to be available to call the company when there are issues.

We are a school district using Tyler. The benefits we've noticed are the usefulness of having all our information housed in one place, and the ability to access information from any place.

Tyler SIS review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Great data tool for education"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have contact information and grades for my students all in the same place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system is sometimes difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User friendly, ease of use

We use Tyler SIS to gather all student data. It’s easily stored in one system accessible by those who need it.

Tyler SIS review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Training Required"

What do you like best?

Most classroom essentials are located on the main screen and are central.

What do you dislike?

A lot of training can be required as there are many steps to go through for various processes. I used the program for three years and still required frequent training and refreshers on how to use various tools as they were often confusing or unclear. Often not user friendly.

As mentioned, most essentials are located in one place, so there is less toggling about to get everything done. Having everything in one place certainly contributes to efficiency which is important in a classroom setting.

Tyler SIS review by <span>Angela G.</span>
Angela G.

"SIS FOR SCHOOLS"

What do you like best?

I love that I can copy assignments from year to year.

What do you dislike?

It takes many clicks on different tabs to get anything done

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good company for schools to work with.

This allows teachers to see lots of screens with this.

Tyler SIS review by <span>Jill S.</span>
Jill S.

"Ok for classroom and school environment"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and able to be used for a variety of reporting in the school environment

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program is clumsy and not easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out programs and paperwork required for state and a federal reporting.

Management and reporting

Tyler SIS review by User in Higher Education

"I have had success using Tyler SIS."

What do you like best?

SIS offers plenty of features for organization and documentation. I use it to track attendance, grades, etc. every day. It is a good option for school districts.

What do you dislike?

SIS can often take time to load, especially when entering grades. After selecting the type of assignment, the whole page has to refresh; it takes time and sometimes restarts the whole grade-entering process.

SIS enables our district to keep documentation for our students such as grades, attendance, behavior patterns, parent/guardian contacts, personal information, etc. It is a beneficial database for our of teachers to use; it is nice to all be trained using one product.

Tyler SIS review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Managing Student Information"

What do you like best?

That most of the information that we need to access on a daily basis is in one location.

What do you dislike?

That it does not contain the grading feature which then requires an additional system.

Accessing student information and being able to provide it to other parties

Tyler SIS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Not a complicated system to use makes organizing information easy

What do you dislike?

can have multiple glitches that can take weeks for Tyler support to correct

classes, easy to use and organized

Tyler SIS review by Administrator

"Works well"

What do you like best?

user friendly functionality, export integration management.

What do you dislike?

Reports, as hoc reporting tool, security user management

Managing student data

Learning about Tyler SIS?

* We monitor all Tyler SIS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.