Typepad

Learning about Typepad?

Typepad Reviews

Ask Typepad a Question
Showing 11 Typepad reviews
Typepad review by Gerardo S.
Gerardo S.

"The best social and blog page"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the unique design to provide with multiples tools like: comments, trackbacks, statistics, and the addition of links like Delicious and the Digg in the performance. This links allows to the users adds new shares new links.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like the configuration in the own domain , it is a little difficult, also the stiles and the design are limited and finally, the feedback in the community always is in form of plugins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended because it has all a system needs to provide consumers write and communicate whatever they want.

I have improved my internal process of blogging with my partners and the public. I have reached a good performance in communicating what I need to communicate by posting information on the blog, also I have found URLs well adapted to the browsers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Typepad
Typepad review by Andy A.
Andy A.

"Best $15.00 A Month I Ever Spend"

What do you like best?

Typepad has been part of my regular business communications for more than 14 years. I like it because it is so easy to use and requires no maintenance. I can't remember the last time I had a support issue.

What do you dislike?

When I compare it to other blogging platforms the lack of plug-ins is a bit of a shortcoming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are really only a few blogging platforms left. Typepad is a one that really just does blogging and nothing more. That's what makes it great. It doesn't try to be all things to all people.

I don't like to need IT support to do things. Typepad is a simple, easy to use SaaS platform for publishing.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Typepad review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"TypePad is a easy-to-use blogging tool, but somewhat limited"

What do you like best?

TypePad is an easy-to-use, if limited, blogging tool. I really appreciate the ease of use, UX and features. I use it to publish several blogs. WYSIWYG interface is intuitive. Pricing is not too bad.

What do you dislike?

I know enough to be dangerous with tools like WordPress. I wish TypePad offered advanced features - as the WP tools are important but difficult to use. I specifically wish TypePad offered redirect tools and an ability to create more robust menus. I also wish I could archive/back-up my posts more effectively. All of that said, I continue to use TypePad as WordPress is difficult for me to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to host your own site, for advanced SEO features, TypePad might not be robust enough for you. It's certainly easy to set-up, requires no maintenance, and I love the WYSIWYG interface. I do wish it had some of the more advanced features of WordPress, like menus and advanced SEO (redirects, specifically). That said, it's my go to choice for basic blogging.

Blogging for personal and small business use. Quick deployment of blogs.

Typepad review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Use Typepad for blog"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, fairly self explanatory, and gets the job done!

What do you dislike?

No so much a dislike, but the same thing that makes it easy to use, also limits its abilities and makes it fairly simple. There are fewer features than some other platforms, but Typepad is the easier to work with than other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Typepad is a valuable tool to augment your website and add a blog option for people who may not otherwise be very tech savvy.

We use Typepad to publish the blog on our website. It allows us to publish material and easily search the archives of past publications.

Typepad review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"One of the first blogging tools continues to service millions..."

What do you like best?

It is one of the easiest to use blogging tools, but it is deceptively powerful. You can make TypePad into a website building platform as well as a blogging platform with ease. The design editor is still to this day one of the best ways to quickly change layout, formatting and the UI of a website without one line of code.

What do you dislike?

The same design editor I like is also the biggest limitation of TypePad. The themes are not as flexible as you'd like and not nearly as functional as WordPress themes. There are also no easy ways to create menu bars that are hierarchical. There is only 1 level of categories as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to consider all of your alternatives ahead of time.

Creating simple websites for small businesses is easily done with TypePad. We can get a site up and running in minutes and have a fully functional site with navigation and an easy to use posting interface in a few hours.

Typepad review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"One of the first blogging tools continues to service millions..."

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

TypePad has not seen a major update in several years. They have withstood a major DDoS attack in 2014 and are now setup to withstand future DDoS attacks. The product is excellent and stable, but is only good for the simplest websites as there is no plugin functionality.

Typepad review by Milissa C.
Milissa C.

"Typepad"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to blog from a mobile device or other device.

What do you dislike?

It's almost useless to use in the iPad, but I am hoping fixes come soon. If you know basic CSS You shouldn't have an issue.

Keeping others informed through blogging communication.

Typepad review by Brandy S.
Brandy S.
Typepad review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Average "

What do you like best?

I think the interface is very easy and intuitive. It makes my work easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow and freeze up. Everything else works well.

I am able to complete reports and proposals in a fast and efficient manner. My team is able to utilize the technology to be successful. My team is not tech savvy so this product is a good tool for us.

Typepad review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Premium Service "

What do you like best?

The walkthroughs/tips throughout the interface helps with blog management as well as promoting techniques!

What do you dislike?

It’s a paid only platform that doesn’t offer many design tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a blog this helps with stat tracking to better target your promoting.

It’s a premium service that’s easy to use interface and hands on customer support. The management tools are it’s highlight!!!

Typepad review by Administrator

"Easy, simple, gets job done"

What do you like best?

I’ve used typepad for several campaigns and it is easy to use and understand.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features and an updated dashboard

Great tool for content marketing and blogging

Learning about Typepad?

* We monitor all Typepad reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.