Ubuntu Touch

Ubuntu’s unique scopes brings everything you need to one screen without the need to open and switch between multiple apps.The Ubuntu Phone has been built to revolve around you and the content and services you use the most.

Work for Ubuntu Touch?

Learning about Ubuntu Touch?

Compare Ubuntu Touch to Similar Solutions

Ubuntu Touch Reviews

Showing 8 Ubuntu Touch reviews
Ubuntu Touch review by <span>henrry v.</span>
henrry v.

" linux system within reach of my cell phone "

What do you like best?

What I like most about this new innovation is that I can have a system on my phone that is different from the Android that is already boring because even if they take new versions it is based on the same pattern, but with this system you can innovate and fix it. Your preference also I like because I feel like I'm with my computer in my hands

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that the market has not been given the impulse to start creating communities for help and access to any problem and for that reason it is difficult for people to make the decision to install it in Their phones

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to all people who want to install this operating system will feel at home as if they had a computer in their hands and will see the speed of the implementation of the application and that you can also adapt to you

with this system I have solved that the old equipment that have few requirements and already with android are very heavy installing this system I have recovered the equipment and it works faster than androi since it does not require many resources of hardware

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ubuntu Touch
Ubuntu Touch review by <span>Jose luis S.</span>
Jose luis S.

"Your chance to experience XD !!!!"

What do you like best?

By God ... I love it because it's open source! I like the idea of convergence. It is a good opportunity to work on the tablet. In turn, The MQ UHD screen is nice, which I like. It has a decent battery, but you will never use it, so it will always end up dead in a corner until the next OTA update. An OK camera that you will not use. You can use your Ubuntu Touch as a phone, and the next one connect a monitor / keyboard / mouse / dock and have a fully functional desktop environment. Its user interface is well designed and easy to get used to.

What do you dislike?

This is a complex medium operating system. It lacks applications, it is difficult to navigate, it lacks hardware, lack of support, lack of presence on the Internet. I have the MQ tablet and it's basically a brick. It does not do anything useful for me yet.

Even your terminal and a web browser, is quite useful ... but still lacks a lot and above all the support that is the main thing; But this means that they try to show me something that they think would interest the vast majority of the free software lover. The on-screen keyboard is a crap it is better to adapt one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try .... It has a great technology behind it, but it's not ready.

Nothing ... is not yet consistent for the end users as it needs support. In the future it looks like it can be very useful but still lacks a lot of progress; It is necessary to keep in mind that the Linux user is quite demanding and he still has enough steps to give to this software.

What Operating System solution do you use?

Ubuntu Touch review by <span>Abraham S.</span>
Abraham S.

"A Good Start."

What do you like best?

While I was hoping for support for broader package management (easily installing an arbitrary ARM deb package manually or from an arbitrary repository), I was impressed with the direction Ubuntu Touch is headed.

The premise of a unified desktop experience, from mobile devices to desktop computers, is very appealing. It might seem like a new spin on what Microsoft or Apple have done, but Canonical had some pretty original ideas and innovations, which they're working out. I loved the concept Canonical put forward regarding Ubuntu Touch, how one moment you could be using your Ubuntu Touch phone as a phone, and the next plug in a monitor/keyboard/mouse/dock and have a fully functional desktop environment.

As a developer, I like the toolchain for application development, which Canonical has provided. It makes it easy to develop an application for multiple platforms, conveniently providing for development using a number of technologies. I especially enjoy the support for Go.

What do you dislike?

Restricted package management. Difficulty of deployment onto the mobile device. Though, that is rapidly becoming a non-issue.

It was beneficial to me to have found a mobile operating system that is pleasing from a linux user's point of view. Currently, I do not use this to meet a particular need, but I certainly plan to in the future.

Ubuntu Touch review by <span>Marty S.</span>
Marty S.

"Ubuntu Not in Line With Android."

What do you like best?

It's new and different, it's nice because it's not the same old Android. With Linux, they can make new versions later on and take it a different direction, can innovate and fix it. It also feels more like a computer. Android will never really change much, but Unbuntu may.

What do you dislike?

It lacks a lot of applications, it is difficult to navigate, it lacks hardware and support. It doesn't really do anything all that useful or innovative. Also the keyboard is just bad and could easily be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would probably stay away from using this product. Just not enough support to really consider it.

Nothing because it lacks the support you need to make it valuable to a business.

Ubuntu Touch review by <span>Jennifer S.</span>
Jennifer S.

"A Totally Different Mobile Experience"

What do you like best?

It's really fast and minimalistic as far as an operating system goes. And free. Open source stuff has come a long way. It's definitely a quality OS on phones and tablets. Ubuntu is a wonderful desktop operating system and I appreciate that there is a mobile version as well.

What do you dislike?

It's not as user friendly or like-able as the other two top contenders. Can take some getting used to. The apps are definitely lacking but that could change in the future if it picks up and becomes more popular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's cool from the Ubuntu standpoint as far as using it on the go, but lacks what the bigger companies have already set in place over the past years. I can see it getting a lot bigger though as they grow and gain support!

It's really helpful for people who want to stick with the Ubuntu software line, but currently it isn't for me. App support just isn't there right now.

Ubuntu Touch review by <span>James D.</span>
James D.

"Well-designed interface, but not similar to Android/Iphone"

What do you like best?

-The user interface is well designed and easy to get used to (for those who have never used a smartphone before)

-Free/Libre/Open Source Software

What do you dislike?

For those used to using Iphone or Android smartphones, Ubuntu Touch's user interface is very different and therefore confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try

First and foremost, the device on which I use this is a mobile computer (I think the term 'smartphone' is a bit of a misnomer). As long as I can use it to read my email and access the Internet, I'm happy.

The fact that I can also make calls and send text messages is also important.

Ubuntu Touch review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Not ready for primetime yet."

What do you like best?

I love the idea of Ubuntu Touch. I love the idea of convergence. I can't wait to work on my tablet and dock it into a keyboard and work on a desktop. I love open source! I really want to use or like this. I can't though. It has some great technology behind it, but it's not ready.

The Display of the MQ UHD is nice, which I like. It has a decent battery, but you'll never use it so it'll always end up dead in a corner until the next OTA update. An OK camera that you won't use.

What do you dislike?

This is a half baked OS. It lacks apps, it's difficult to navigate, has a lack of hardware, a lack of support, a lack of internet presence. I have the MQ tablet and it's basically a paperweight. Doesn't do anything useful yet for me. Sure it's got a terminal and a web browser, but they try and show me thing they think I'd be interested in. I have Google Now and so there's nothing they can show me that Google isn't gonna do a better job at. It's just not ready. I want it to be great and maybe one day it will be.

The onscreen keyboard sucks. Good luck typing!

None. This is a paperweight.

Ubuntu Touch review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Ubuntu Touch Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Ubuntu Touch is you can install the mobile phone OS with your Android OS and have dual OS on your mobile device.

What do you dislike?

None. We are still in early stages but have not discovered anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the possibility of the Mobile OS and implement to create new apps not yet available to consumers.

Evaluating the product to be able to design and develop mobile apps.without a web browser.

Learning about Ubuntu Touch?

* We monitor all Ubuntu Touch reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Ubuntu Touch to Similar Solutions