UDA ConstructionSuite

UDA ConstructionSuite is designed for growing construction firms with estimating, job costing, contracts, scheduling, and specifications to help you manage your business.

Work for UDA ConstructionSuite?

Learning about UDA?

UDA ConstructionSuite Reviews

Showing 7 UDA reviews
UDA review by <span>Nancy H.</span>
Nancy H.

"Everything You Need From Estimating to Project Management"

What do you like best?

I like the way that this software integrates with QuickBooks as well as having the ability to export files as excel spreadsheets. It also has several different versions depending on company size and specialties. The most recent upgrade comes with a subscription for regular updates and technical support in case we ever have any issues that we need help with.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the excel spreadsheets export without formulas in the cells! This would make it so much easier for me to share the information and receive change suggestions without actually affecting the information in my bid. I'm still getting to know this software so I would imagine that there may be other things that I don't like - I just haven't found them yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, you can breeze through estimates that would have taken days to prepare. There are several different options available for everything from one man residential handymen to multi-office giant corporate construction companies. Each option comes with industry standard databases that can be edited and customized as needed to your specific requirements.

We are a commercial renovation contractor and use this extensively in our estimating department. We haven't fully integrated it with Quickbooks yet because it needs to be updated. We did; however, just complete a bid on a huge project with multiple base bid and alternate prices required in under a week. This would have been impossible to do without this software!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UDA ConstructionSuite
UDA review by <span>Abe D.</span>
Abe D.

"They make a big promise, and fall flat on their face."

What do you like best?

They have a pretty user interface, and their videos make it look good. BEWARE.

What do you dislike?

It does not do what it promises to, and there are dozens of annoying quirks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it. You will be constantly annoyed and say, "I can't believe this doesn't work right!"

If your decision hasn't been made, let me say: DON'T DO IT! I made a serious mistake when I bought UDA. While they have a beautiful user interface, there are some serious flaws under the hood. Some are major things, and some are very minor annoyances that will drive you nuts. "You mean, I can't do THAT with UDA, but I can do it with any other basic software out there?" was a common comment running through my head.

Some examples.

1. Their spell checker creates a squiggly line to tell you that you have a misspelled word, but, doens't allow you to correct it.

2. The spell checker lets you add custom words to a dictionary, but, it can only use one dictionary at a time to check spelling. So the default dictionary gets used, and your custom words still show up as being spelled wrong!

3. You can't select-copy addresses, in order to paste them somewhere else.

4. Using duplexing on my printer doesn't work right. It works for every other software I own, but not in UDA.

5. There is a bug in the WIP date range that doesn't pull accurate data.

6. "Options" in the estimate show only cost, not margin. So if you show your customer that report, you are revealing cost info, not selling price!!

7. You can't import a PDF into bid notes, even though the premise of UDA is to try to make it a single repository for all your information.

8. You can't use the arrow key to browse photos in UDA. You need to close, and click into the next one. No inuitive functionality.

9. The estimating module separates material and labor, in ways that create a very confusing Scope of Work. You need to select the labor item from your database, then separately select the material from your database. You end up with two line items in your Scope of WOrk for the same thing. Instead of writing, "Supply and Install a new window" you have "Supply a new window" and then "Install a new window." It's hard for my estimator, and confusing for my client.

10. UDA will WREAK HAVOC on your contacts in Outlook.

11. It does a terrible job of managing husband/wife or partner/partner situations. You can't mail merge them properly, or, you get forced into combining their contact into into a single contact-- and then how do you know whether the cell phone is his or hers???

12. There is no good way to credit design fees against the construction contract, if you happen to use that paradigm for your contracts.

13. There is no way to filter contracts by their date created. So, how do you find your newest contacts for entering them into something such as Constant Contact?

14. If you try to use integration of Quickbooks and UDA, your ITEMS list in QB will either get expanded to hundreds or even THOUSANDS of items... or, your PO's in QB will get created in a summary form such that they are virtually meaningless.

15. The "lead funnel" graphic may look cool, but there is not a good way to actually report on the lead status, track the activities and calls that you make, note significant emails that you write, or keep track of when you send out thank-you cards or spiffs/gifts!

16. They might tell you that these things work, but, after spending MONTHS with UDA, I found out that these problems are deal breakers.

17. within their customer service department, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. They do not use a structure such as Zendesk that so many other great companies use. Even though I was paying for priority support, there were often days going by where I could not get a call or email back to assist me with a support request or provide a tutorial on how to do something. Had I not paid extra for support, this would be acceptable. But when paying for "TotalCare" priority support, there are times when the software had me stuck, and I was stuck for a day at a time waiting for an answer. Sometimes no answer ever arrived.

I hope this helps someone avoid the pain I went through!

What Construction Suites solution do you use?

UDA review by <span>Catherine P.</span>
Catherine P.

"UDA Technologies"

What do you like best?

Sleek design and clean overall look of the program.

What do you dislike?

I think it has too much stuff in it. It could be more broken down for certain contractor types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May want to trial to see if correct fit

When we tried it gave us a sense of organization and ability to see in the future of having a more streamlined process.

UDA review by <span>Troy M.</span>
Troy M.

"Do NOT invest in UDA"

What do you like best?

You can generate detailed estimates and reports or proposals.

What do you dislike?

Not an easy program to learn and use. Not intuitive and the customer service is non-existant, unless you pay the monthly extortion fee. Basically, the company goal seems to be to keep you on the monthly fee indefinately, as you will need constant upgrades to the program to correct bugs and keep up compatibility with other program updates such as Quickbooks and Windows. If you are going to pay a monthly fee, go with a proven software like XactRemodel or similar.

Trying to improve efficiency in estimating, it did not.

UDA review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Hated it"

What do you like best?

It was visually pleasing, but that is about it. Very manual. I did like the scheduling features

What do you dislike?

Everything, Its syncing process with Quickbooks was terrible, always crashing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get someone to come in and set it up for you from the company. I think our issues revolved around trying to install it inhouse. Take as many of their informative classes as possible and sign up for the support package.

Nothing... much better programs out there.

UDA review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"UDA for the construction industry"

What do you like best?

UDA Online portal, being able to have a way to easily communicate with sub-contractors, project managers, architects.

What do you dislike?

UDA synchronization with QuickBooks can easily take a bad turn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time upfront in the implementation. Think about the end results that you need.

Online collaboration tools, estimating, clearer reports on actual vs budget

UDA review by User in Internet

"We use the integration of estimates into professional proposals and then contracts."

What do you like best?

The integration of data input into documentation. The professionalism landed us a $200K job on the first use.

What do you dislike?

Over-writing the default settings on word documents

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will improve your bottom line. The program will stop you from cheating yourself to "win" the job.

Learning about UDA ConstructionSuite?

* We monitor all UDA ConstructionSuite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.