Udacity

3.9

Udacity provides online courses & credentials, built by AT&T, Google, etc. to teach skills that industry employers need today.

Work for Udacity?

Learning about Udacity?

Udacity Reviews

Showing 60 Udacity reviews
Udacity review by Priyanka G.
Priyanka G.

"Best to learn New"

What do you like best?

Udacity has various courses and course content is the latest and very useful to learn something new.

It has courses even for beginners and that is the best. Udacity has a many of courses like Deep Learning and Machine learning that other course sites don't have.Some instructors are very good and go through each and every point in detail thinking about the learner.

What do you dislike?

Udacity courses vary like some courses are very good whereas some needs improvement. Udacity courses which are really good are quite expensive. Course certification is also expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Udacity as it has lots of courses in different areas. Instructors are also too good. Those who are new and want to learn, it is the best platform to start with.

Udacity gives lots of knowledge to employees which benefits business. I learned Javascript, JAVA and much more technology through Udacity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Udacity
Udacity review by YoYo F.
YoYo F.

"Free without certificate. Great courses by Google, Github, etc"

What do you like best?

Udacity has a lot of courses like Deep Learning and Machine learning that other course sites simply don't have. Another huge advantage is it's often by their creators, for example, instructors from Google teaches the android development course. Added on to that is the fact that it's free. Some instructors like the instructor for Android development for absolute beginners is really good and goes through everything at a good pace. Whereas others like the instructors for the Android development course simply isn't as up to date because the course was released years back and they never update it.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with Udacity is that its quality of courses varies. Some courses are taught really well, whereas others are not. Another problem is that it is not well updated. So as android improves and changes, it's old courses taught using old sdk is still the same. And you end up using a lot of deprecated code and workarounds in your lessons. Worse of all, the forum really sucks at answering questions. If you are stuck, expect to figure it out yourself. For courses that are brand new, that problem isn't as significant. And for courses that are evergreen... ie: Git and Github where they don't really change much over the years, the courses are still great. Another problem is it's certification is also really expensive, but you can choose to not get it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the courses are up to date before you start. And be aware that you aren't going to get your questions answered. If you want to have a Q&A relationship with the instructor go to some other course websites. Like companies such as Udemy, Egghead.io, etc.

Udacity teaches people lessons. It taught me to code for android and taught me how to use Git and Github.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Udacity review by Radoslav T.
Radoslav T.

"Wisely spend money"

What do you like best?

Udacity is focused on few topics such data analysis, machine learning and open-source web technologies. Theirs courses / nanodegrees are very interactive. I like most the project part where by practise I can try immediately everything I read before. Theirs education system is very polished.

What do you dislike?

I like almost everything. Sometimes I feel that in lecture practise is not enough. E.g. in the React course / nanodegree.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can spend the time and you are interested into theirs content. You definitely need to do it. As I said again. These are very wisely spend money. I really believe that the material will be enough if you seek for career change in your field.

T

I get really good training in certain fields. I think by the end of the education I will be capable enough to start a new job in a new field.

Udacity review by Rohan P.
Rohan P.

"Udacity | Best curated courses"

What do you like best?

The quality of the content of the courses is really to a sky-rocketing level. The interface of Udacity is good looking and the Android mobile app is also good. Also, nanodegree programs are accepted and certified by companies so that helps in building the profile a lot. There are also courses by giants like Google on that platform which adds a lot of value.

What do you dislike?

The support of Udacity is not that good and definitely not up to the mark really

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend taking a free class and then decide whether to pay for a course or not.

It has been as effective as taking up a class in a well established university directly. It helps in skill development at our own pace which can also be achieved in our free time.

Udacity review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Don't waste your time and money. "

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like about this degree. This degree is meaningless to employers so it is waste of time and money to get this degree.

What do you dislike?

Waste of money and time. Better buy videos from Udemy if you want to learn something worth your money and time. They promise you money back guarantee if you do not get your job with a program called nanodegree plus and later refuse it by making absurd demands that you do this and that. I don't have more time to waste.

Plus even the program is not that helpful. Don't get fooled by their advertisements. Their support is awful. I thought I would get in contact with many companies through udacity degree but no one knows what udacity is. In fact all the interviews I went for no one recognizes them. Useless degree. They say money back guarantee so I thought they will guide me through but almost no support. They tell you to talk with more people and those people I have to find on my own. You have to do all the work yourself and pay them for nothing.

Don't waste your time and money for this useless nanodegree. You can get the same knowledge for free in youtube and for very little in Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better learn form Udemy videos.

They don't have anything new. Every thing they teach is very basic.

Udacity review by User in Higher Education

"Good courses for computer science enthusiastic"

What do you like best?

1. Very good courses on Artificial Intelligence.

2. Nice User Interface

3. Udacity has partnered with Professors from the best colleges for the course developments so that we

can get quality contents. (Like Gtech). I have gone through 2 courses from Georgia Tech. I found them extremely helpful.

4. Free courses from big companies like Google etc.

What do you dislike?

"Earn a Developer Scholarship from Google!"

This program on Udacity is available for only US residents. It should be available for everyone. There are so many learners from the remote parts of the world who cannot afford the course price, and also they pay the course fee in dollars which has value way higher than their home country currency.

Nonetheless, there are still so many free good courses on UDACITY.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. The Nano Degree programs are really good but they are a bit expensive. If you can afford it, then you are good to go.

2. There are some good courses directly from companies like Google. Highly recommended for it

Growing my knowledge and skill sets to improve the state of the art technology.

Udacity review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Udacity (as part of Georgia Tech's Online Masters)"

What do you like best?

I've been taking classes with Udacity for over three years now. I have yet to experience any downtime -- my classes have always been available when I want to take them. I've had no issues with video speed or playback. Sometimes the quizzes are a bit quirky, but for the most part they behave as expected.

What do you dislike?

A recent update to the UI introduced a few things I don't care for:

- There is now a 5 second delay between lesson videos

- The section where you choose your class is limited to only a few shown at a time (using a "card" style instead of a "list" style). This means you may have to scroll quite a bit to get to the class you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking a free class to evaluate how well Udacity works. I would also recommend trying some of its competitors such as edX and Coursera.

I am taking classes as part of Georgia Tech's Online Masters in Computer Science. Udacity has been an effective venue for class delivery.

Udacity review by User

"Udacity was a waste of money for me. I can't believe it was this awful."

What do you like best?

Nothing. Nothing about Udacity is worth praise. This company has the worst support possible. The quality of content and support is unbelievably low.

What do you dislike?

The Udacity system is riddled with issues and bugs, for one they are unwilling to acknowledge this fact. Issues that they do acknowledge, they lie about having fixed it. Another big lie they sell you is that the mentors will help you throughout the course, the fact is mentors don't do anything besides to tell you to go re-read the material, something you don't even need mentors for. On top of that, the material is of really poor quality. It is not organized but rather they jump from one topic to another without any sound logic. Overall, the quality of the service and support is the worst I have seen in this industry. A couple of Udemy courses can be purchased for a few dozen dollars which is far cheaper than the several hundred you have to pay for Udacity courses only to find the quality far worse than any other online education out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not pay for this service. It is not worth it.

No benefits at all. The lie about everything to begin with. When I first contacted them they mentioned after paying several hundred dollars for a course I would be able to access it indefinitely. However, now I find that this was a lie. The support team is one of the worst I've seen.

Udacity review by Aditya D.
Aditya D.

"Great Place to Learn"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Udacity is the interface. It is very easy to use and helps the learning process.

What do you dislike?

The price of the courses in Udacity is relatively high to other companies. This is a downer as users want to learn but they have to worry about the price that they would need to pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you that when you are using Udacity, you finish all the assignments in time. Do not procrastinate otherwise you will fall behind and forget stuff.

I am using Udacity to teach fellow employees about data analytics. The benefits of using Udacity are that there is already a system in place with all the materials and that the interface is easy to use and understand. All I need to do is sign my fellow employee up for the course. I do not need to administer the course as well.

Udacity review by Dennis T.
Dennis T.

"Great Project and Structured Curriculum"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed having very helpful feedbacks on all of the projects provided in the Nanodegree programs.

What do you dislike?

There were some bugs in the program that caused consistency issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend anyone willing to upgrade their skillset or determined to switch careers to try out the nanodegree programs. The community is very supportive and the projects are challenging

I have a better understanding of modeling using Machine Learning and continue to learn every day. The biggest benefit is being able to have the confidence to tackle new challenges using the material I learned.

Udacity review by Arif K.
Arif K.

"Best Training Program for Android"

What do you like best?

Best thing i like about Udacity is that its training programs are developed by the industry experts from Google, Facebook etc. Also their training program contains a lot of assignments which is reviewed by a real person. This helps the student to learn effectively and retain it for long time.

What do you dislike?

Only one thing which i do not like is its training program are available only in english for India. If they provide subtitles in their videos then it could be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a developer and looking to learn new technology or want to become expert in your own technology then you can choose Udacity as a learning platform.

Business problems include keeping up the skills of the developer.

Today new standards are coming daily for developers. Training programs from organisations like Udacity benefits the developer to enhance its skills according to the market demands.

Udacity review by Nabil F.
Nabil F.

"Rich learning platform"

What do you like best?

UDACITY offers a huge variety of subject matter with many of them being important up-and-coming topics in computer science. I have benefitted greatly from their free courses and have learned enough that I think I could justify paying for a nanodegree course as well. I love the fact that a lot of great content is completely free, but it all has the quality of a paid product. You can tell that they truly care about their content.

What do you dislike?

The only minor gripe I have with the site was that searching for courses was a bit more difficult than it should be. They are all organized by topic and you can keyword search, but I still found it cumbersome to find certain courses by searching. Once registered, the course is easily found on your homepage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the amount of free content, finding something worth learning is extremely easy. I believe the product quality is top-notch and you will likely feel the same if you just pick a course and start!

As a student, using UDACITY as a supplement to my studies has proved invaluable. The git course in particular has taken my professionalism and efficiency to the next level. The ability to search for a topic in computer science and have a full course available has helped reinforce my knowledge whenever I've needed it. UDACITY has been my favorite learning website out of the multitude of options available.

Udacity review by Lakshay N.
Lakshay N.

"Udacity Nanodegrees are the best"

What do you like best?

As the title of my review describes the answer that Udacity Nanodegree and Nanodegree Progarms are the best in class. They provide world class education in most of the technological sectors with the world's leading companies teaching those concepts. I was greatly impressed by the first course that I took on Udacity - "Introduction to Hadoop and Mapreduce" and since then i am a regular visitor of Udacity gaining knowledge from the industry experts.

Their one to one reviews and the discussion forums are really effective in helping and guiding us through the way.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is the time taken to review the projects. It usually take 3-4 days for our projects getting reviewed and sometimes the reviewer also doesn't answer the query that we asked along with our review.

Secondly, the new design that they implemented recently. I dislike the new design because the left pane remains glued to the screen and it really disturbs me while I am concentrating on the video lecture but the good part is, they have given us the option to switch back to the old version and continue using udacity in that design which I had been using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udacity is a great platform to learn new things from most of the industry giants ike Google, Facebook, Cloudera etc. and one should definitely try their hands on the things they teach and implement those things side by side. Their discussion forums are the best and everyone would be willing to help you in their respective fields which so much co operation, so don't hesitate to ask anything on forums.

Plus if you want personal assistance on your projects and personalized feedback then you will have to pay and choose your respective Nanodegree.

I have taken many courses on Udacity like "Intro to Hadoop and Mapreduce" "Into to Machine Learning" "Intro to Android Development" "Android Development for Beginners" "How to Use git and github" etc. and I have taken all these courses for my own learning purposes. Now I am an Android Nanodegree student, taking Android courses and my main motive is to build my startup which is based on Android Application which is not developed yet. I will submit my fully furnished android app in the capstone project.

Udacity review by Marlon S.
Marlon S.

"A Great Way To Learn New Skills"

What do you like best?

Videos do a good job of explaining concepts.

What do you dislike?

Quizzes sometimes ask questions that are not covered in the material. So you may need to seek outside information to continue lessons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need to find additional outside materials for some courses. In my case, I am learning Java script, and I needed to find materials elsewhere to finish one of the quizzes since the material was not covered in the video lessons.

Learning how to write scripts for automation.

Udacity review by User

"Deceptive program that could have been better"

What do you like best?

The teaching style of the program was great and made things easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

When I had signed up, the program did not explicitly explain that there is a limited time frame it needed to be completed in. Because of the many complaints like mine, the program now in bold letters say that the one time payment programs need to be completed in 5 months. I have a new born baby and a full-time job so making the time to complete was not easy. They ignored my comments and request for a short extension by telling me to "just pay for additional months". They did not send me any notifications or warnings about my upcoming program expiration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the fine details and consider if this is the right choice. There are plenty of other free or low cost programs to learn coding. I was duped into believing that their customer service would be the best since it is backed by some of the largest companies in the industry.

It initially provided many people a way to learn things at their own pace. With the time limit written into the details initially hidden and unexplained, the program achieved in stealing money from me.

Udacity review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Terrible course videos and support systems "

What do you like best?

None whatsoever. With the experience I had I would happily recommend anyone other than Udacity.

What do you dislike?

Let me start by saying, I am not from a techie background and I am an Engineer in a analogous domain with 15 years of experience and absolutely open to learning and understanding software. Though I do not have core programming experience but dwelling into the area of programming and software exploration did not deter me to say the least. Not until I encountered Udacity courses.

I was totally spoilt for choice and I had all these options from several MOOC’s and choosing one was tough. I totally bought into Udacity’s hype of changing careers with a guarantee and registered for the Business Analytics Nanodegree course. I went with Udacity because of the big names behind it and a promise of a career changing job and support systems like the forums and the one on one sessions.

The courses started great with some really challenging material and I managed to get these done through the course videos and help from Udacity forum mentors. I completed 70 percent of the Nanodegree. Then came SQL and AB Testing course which was absolutely hard. Almost all of their videos not just AB Testing were so fast paced that it was totally meant for techies. I absolutely became frustrated day by day cause the videos were explained in a matter of fact disposition and did not even consider that the audience/consumer may not be from the techie age.

So I had to rely on forums for support to understand what was going on. Forums are places where almost no other student gives any input or help. The forums had support from 1 mentor who was the only one who replied to your issue once a day and he did not even bother to dig into my problems. He would point out the most obvious problem and leave it at that. Most of the replies received was cryptic and left you in more doubt after reading the reply. They argued it was self discovery and self learning. Why would I need an MOOC if self discovery and self learning was the key to learning Analytics. After at least 2 weeks of back and forth with an half hearted forum mentor, I was frustrated and contacted their support customer service. I was then directed to a senior Engineer who also promised to solve or at-least point out the source of my issues. Not much care was given to the level of frustration I was communicating in my emails.

When I joined the Udacity course, they promised One-on-One mentorship which they decided to suspend half way during my course. So a lifeline I had during my sign up was taken away. When I expressed my frustration and displeasure to the Engineer who agreed that to provide support as a favour.

A favour !!!! WTF. I cancelled my membership immediately.

I bought in to Udacity because of their name and an option of $200 per month learning fee. I was all set to complete it in 3 months and get the “revered” Nanodegree at the least cost of all the MOOC’s. It took me 6 months of frustration and absolute nightmare making it the most costliest MOOC in this category and I was not even done yet.

**The experience with Udacity was frustrating, disheartening and most of all, killed all my passion to learn a new domain.**

**Please look at Springboard and other MOOCs where support systems are in place. Especially One-On-One is most important cause the forums are absolutley useless.**

Note: The SQL training videos was terrible. I learnt all my SQL through SQL videos on YouTube. They have since changed the videos and I cannot comment on the new material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not consider Udacity

Self development

Udacity review by Melvin P.
Melvin P.

"The best MOOC for computer science engineers"

What do you like best?

The varied set of courses are a bliss for a computer science fanatic like me. I have learn a lot more at Udacity than at college. Their nanodegree programs are really worth it if you believe you can work hard.

What do you dislike?

Although they have a lot of courses for computer science students they don't have a course for distributed system. Their pricing structure for nanodegree programs is expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For computer science courses it is really good. You will learn a lot about real world problems and how to solve a problem with a language/framework/ tool.

I'm a student and have found Udacity great to learn about app and web development. The quality of courses are also great since they are being taught by the best in the industry

Udacity review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"A New Standard in Online Education"

What do you like best?

Udacity structures their courses very well. Its easy to learn at your own pace. I never felt that I was learning technology that was outdated or had very little practical application. The feedback I received on my projects was enlightening to my strengths and weaknesses.

If you enroll in a nanodegree program, you'll also get some career building courses. They help walk you through writing a resume, updating your linkedin profile, and polishing your github profile. You'll also get interview advice tailored to the program you enrolled in.

Udacity also seems to be continuously improving their product, whether through user feedback or hiring their alumni.

What do you dislike?

The social aspect is not as strong as I would have liked. I found it more useful to join a real-time slack group for our cohort to discuss projects and courses much more beneficial than trying to use the forums provided through Udacity.

I wish I could resubmit projects that just Meet Expectations to try for an Exceeds Expectations grade. You only get the chance to resubmit a project that Does Not Meet Expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udacity has a lot of free content available to users. The only thing you pay for is the nanodegree certification, which includes personal reviews of all projects submitted and career building courses tailored to your nanodegree program.

I use Udacity to learn new skills that can be used in our business. It makes keeping up with technology easier.

Udacity review by Thiago O.
Thiago O.

"Best online learning platform"

What do you like best?

First of all, it does have an awesome design, it's very nice to look at the website. But apart from that, it's also a great online learning platform. The fact that the videos are not too long is also very good, it helps to keep me focused while learning and that's a big plus... Because when I start to watch a lecture and it's too long, after a few minutes, without noticing, I've already opened a new tab and went surfing the web.

What do you dislike?

I couple years ago, when Udacity started, they would give free certificates of completion for their courses. Nowadays, you can only get one of those if you subscribe to their nanodegree courses. I feel like for an american, 200 USD may not be that much for education. But coming from a third world country, it is very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as many courses as you can, because they are great. And If you do have the money, join the nanodegree program, I've heard from an american friend they are great.

Just trying to improve my web development skills, and learning new technologies. I've recently finished my degree in university, and Udacity helps me keep fresh with the latest technologies.

Udacity review by Julian S.
Julian S.

"Udacity bridges the gap between top tech companies and students everywhere"

What do you like best?

One of the major problems with education these days is that the skills acquired through courses do not accurately reflect the needs of businesses--this is especially true for colleges and universities throughout the US. What I LOVE about Udacity is the course content is created in collaboration with top-tier tech companies, and the skills are taught and instilled through rigorous projects. The front-end nanodegree program helped me solidify my foundation of front-end and javascript skills.

What do you dislike?

The recurring $200 per month was a little annoying, however Udacity offers to refund you 50% of your tuition after successfully completing the nanodegree, so that's not too bad. There are some nanodegrees that now offer a job placement guarantee (announced this week, though with some stipulations).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always ask yourself why you are using a tool, and why you should trust the creators of that tool. For anyone looking to work in the tech industry, Udacity offers a very compelling product. The founder, Sebastian Thrun, is compelling enough to trust this program, yet Udacity exceeds because of it's strategic partnerships with top tech companies...

The courses are not easy if you really want to become an expert in your chosen field of study, so take the extra time to read links, do practice challenges, etc.

I needed to improve my understanding of the JavaScript language in order to excel in my current work projects. I work to maintain various front-end applications on a software engineering team. The nanodegree helped me become very adept at handling issues with JavaScript code, so that I can quickly overcome them and devise acceptable and durable solutions.

Udacity review by Mohamed M.
Mohamed M.

"Bad service good classes "

What do you like best?

Great classes, gave me alot of experince and knowldge

What do you dislike?

I have passed projects, but for some glitch I cant get my diploma. Because one class from tem one is locked for some odd reeason... There rules say if you pass term2 you can get the diploma.. And I already passed term 1 and term2

There customer service is really bad. I sent them more 15 emails regarding my problem... the only reply I got is to re pay for term two and reupload all my projects(which I cant afford)

Udacity review by Stan H.
Stan H.

"Wonderful tool for acquiring knowledge (not recognition)"

What do you like best?

I like the go at your own pace style that Udacity courses follow. Coursera tends to offer more undergraduate style courses, where each week you'll have a homework assignment due and a quiz. With Udacity, the structure is more flexible, so I can blow through three-four weeks of course material, and then not do anything for the next week if my work schedule is particularly demanding.

What do you dislike?

There's a real lack of integration with LinkedIn. I understand that taking Udacity courses isn't (always) recognized by businesses, but it would represent a nice way to communicate with meetups/employers of what I'm interested in and do in my spare time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool if you're looking to gain knowledge and you're proactive enough to apply the knowledge you've gained in your day-to-day technical needs. I've found the courses on Udacity to be excellent, but if your employer isn't asking/requiring you to take courses on Udacity, the only way you'll show that you're growing is to apply the skills you've acquired to a real business problem and gain recognition in that way.

My professional goals are based around data visualization, data availability, data cleansing, and blending data sources at scale (read: TB-PB scale). My personal goals focus on 3D printing and virtual/augmented reality. I loved taking a course on graphics programming, as it has enabled me to immerse colleagues in more dynamic settings (and game-ify some of the processes we have to go through).

Udacity review by Joe S.
Joe S.

"Best Swift Course Out There"

What do you like best?

The teachers set you up for success by showing you the process they use to craft their design and troubleshoot their problems. The exercises are challenging but they give you the tools you need. The material is up to date and their use of source control (git) allows you to develop an additional useful skill while following the course. The comprehensive approach to software development is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I would have is that some of the material such as spec sheets are only available through paying for the course. It would be nice to have these as a hobby developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this to anyone learning software development. The benefit to beginners is that it assumes no knowledge of ios or swift and the benefit to more experienced developers is getting to see how other experienced developers tackle certain problems and design decisions.

Learning swift and iOS development.

Udacity review by Guy B.
Guy B.

"The pioneer of online courses"

What do you like best?

I like Sebastian Thurn's teaching passion and real achievement credentials. I took his and Peter Norvig's AI Stanford online class, and then naturally followed Thurn to take his Udacity class on Robotic Car AI. This was one of the most enjoyable things I did in my life.

What do you dislike?

I heard that Udacity has introduced payment for some classes since I took them. Not sure I would have taken those classes if they required full pre-payment. I might have preferred a fine granular pay-per-lesson scheme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn at your own pace, and do all homework and quizzes. Re-watch videos if needed. Try to complete "with highest distinction" (grade > 90%), it's entirely possible. Keep referring to the class content even after you complete the class.

Udacity classes were part of a whole bunch of online classes I took in AI, machine learning and data science. This allowed me to switch from being a software engineer to being a machine learning / AI / data science software engineer.

Udacity review by Bethany C.
Bethany C.

"Udacity is a great place to start"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed how in depth the projects were that were completed during the course and how detailed the feedback was that they provided.

What do you dislike?

I thought some of the presenters had a slightly annoying voice that i had to focus on ignoring. I also thought the Front-End Nano Degree wasn't organized as well as I thought it could be. It could be more clear as to which courses to take in order to accomplish some of the projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I thought the outline of the nano degree was a little confusing. It took me a little bit to figure out which courses I needed to take to complete the class projects and which were supplemental materials.

I wanted an intro to programming to ensure I was interested in it before investing in a career change. i enjoyed the course i took and will likely take a few more through Udacity.

Udacity review by Prayash M.
Prayash M.

"Polished learning environment"

What do you like best?

The video content, the website, quizzes and all seem really polished. The partnerships with top companies is making it have really good content. The interface couldn't have been simpler.

What do you dislike?

The price, I find it expensive to take a certified course. Though it provides the auditing of course for free, a free certificate is valuable while searching for jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See the courses, if you like them then you can go for it. The UI is simpler than other platforms.

Slightly costly and doesn't have financial aid programs like Coursera.

I have learned making android application from there. This bagged me a paid summer internship.

Udacity review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Online learning at it's best"

What do you like best?

Two things - class selection and partnerships. Udacity brought real legitimacy to the online learning space with this it's world-class partners and nanodegree programs from companies like Google, Amazon, Twitter, BMW,

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything about the site, courses, additional offerings, or interface that I don't like.

One SMALL nit, the pricing could be a lil more user friendly for interns or current grad students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best online learning platform for more intensive courses and continuing education (nanodegree programs, with trusted partners, etc)

OTJ learning and tuition reimbursement. We can get out employees into classes -the RIGHT classes with a few clicks.

Udacity review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"great learning for cheap/free"

What do you like best?

lots of courses from well-known college and universities, where you can have access to the material for next to nothing. Can take courses with certificates fir cheaper than going to university

What do you dislike?

a lot of things are starting to cost money and prices seem to be going up for the appealing courses

Recommendations to others considering the product

try an experimental course that doesn't cost money, you have to be self-motivated in order to complete the curriculum. Great to sample material before enrolling and paying for actual courses

taking courses in management to further my skills as well as other hobby courses and general knowledge

Udacity review by Antony Deepak T.
Antony Deepak T.

"Udacity - Becoming more commercialized"

What do you like best?

When Udacity started I pretty much did my entire computer science course through it. There were brilliant professors (Peter Norvig,..) and brilliant courses that focus on computer science fundamentals and methods to use computer to solve real world problems. The community was great and it was a great feeling that anybody can do their undergraduate study through Udacity.

What do you dislike?

These days Udacity is just a Google pet. All the courses are just one of the popular ones such as Android and iOS etc.. The whole computer science paradigm seems to be tossed away. I guess that is what developers want these days but not for me.

These days I don't even login to Udacity. I used it to brush up my computer science skills and learn new ones.

Udacity review by Jann S.
Jann S.

"Udacity a great way to learn"

What do you like best?

The short but jam-packed course offering s that end with a deliverable you can use

What do you dislike?

I've gotten contradictory info about pricing. It might be that I came from a different source the first time. Nonetheless, confusing.

Learning new skills so I can do more work for current clients.

Udacity review by User

"Does not pass industry muster. Inconsistent and Disjointed Learning."

What do you like best?

The web format in which the learning takes place is very good.

What do you dislike?

The program builders and reviewers are amateur at best. The assignments and rubrics are inconsistent with each other and instruct the student to accomplish a task, only to have the assignment reviewers change the assignment requirements with no notice, requiring multiple submissions and wasted time. I am an industry veteran and I wanted the badge for my resume, but the instruction is so bad and so out of line with industry standards that it was not worth my time or money. I am very unhappy with the poor quality of the instruction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't bother. The accomplishment will not add enough to your resume to make it worth your time and effort. If I were a hiring manager and saw that a prospect finished a Nano Degree at Udacity, it would make no difference.

NA

Udacity review by ArJuN A.
ArJuN A.

"Beauty is gettting a graduation degree from udacity using nano degree online."

What do you like best?

Wide-ranging vocational classes, particularly in programming and computer science. Paid programs include coaching, standardized feedback, and verified certificates. Career opportunities may await Nanodegree graduates.What really sets Udacity’s program apart from others (like Coursera’s), however, is the support they give you outside of just teaching data science skills. They set up “office hours” where you can ask questions about the Nanodegree, provide resources on how to conduct informational interviews, and identify data science sites that those looking to break into the industry should read frequently.

What do you dislike?

Discussion forums need work. Free classes are solitary, and offer little meaningful feedback. Employment promises are not yet proven. Comparatively limited language support. The Nanodegree program, along with all nontraditional certification programs (such as the Coursera Data Science Specialization, which I have also complete all the classes for), is unproven.Employers may simply not know enough about the program to trust it yet over, say, the University of Washington program that another poster mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udacity hosts and produces course content, but because its programs are developed hand-in-hand with corporate sponsors, Udacity says its credentials are "built and recognized by industry leaders to advance your career." That remains to be seen, but credentials are more expensive than offerings from Coursera and edX, both of which cater to a similar demographic (tech-savvy adult learners). While Udacity course content is free to peruse, learners will have to pay for proof of enrollment (verified certificates).

For the right class of learner, Udacity offers an eclectic portfolio of online professional and vocational classes backed by tech industry titans. Much like the requirements for a college major, each track has prerequisites, core courses, and elective courses. There is also a project portfolio requirement where you work with a coach to demonstrate the skills you learned by producing 6-8 useable projects relevant to the track you chose.

Udacity review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Data Analyst nanodegree"

What do you like best?

Data Analyst nanodegree is a great way to start learning. Courses are nicely organized and have sufficient content to learn fundamental concept very well.

What do you dislike?

I feel that they are marketing benefits of Data Analyst nano degree too much. While its a good place to start and get basic understanding, its certainly not enough to get a job as a Data Scientist. Data Science jobs are competitive and you are basically competing with PhDs and extremely knowledgeable SMEs. However, if a significant amount of personal efforts are put along with the nanodegree then it might increase chances of getting job. It really depends on person to person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that its something to get started and very fundamental. A lot of personal efforts/real life projects and practice will be needed to actually land a job. However, the courses will give you a good enough fundamental knowledge on respective courses.

Nanodegree did help me in understanding basic concepts and techniques of Data Science. Which helps to connect few dots in the workd of Data Science.

Udacity review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"As good as any online class in my undergraduate degree (if not better)!"

What do you like best?

I have really enjoyed the Udacity courses and nanodegree program. They utilize current educational research to make learning to code fun and engaging. I also like that they pull in industry experts so you know that what you're learning in the classroom is directly applicable to "the real world." The discussion forums are usually helpful when I have questions, and the one-on-one instructor office hours have been helpful when I get really stuck. I have also had a positive experience with their career resources. The feedback is constructive and actionable.

What do you dislike?

As with any online learning environment, it can be difficult to stay motivated. It felt easier when they had weekly webcasts and team meetings because the group leader would check in to see what progress each student had made since the week before, and I felt motivated to work on my projects to be able to report at least a little progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you try out one of their free courses.

I wanted to learn about front-end development to see if it was a career path that I wanted to pursue without committing to a four-year computer science degree but still getting things like project feedback and peer support. It's proven to be a relatively inexpensive way to learn the skills that I would need to become a front-end web developer.

Udacity review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"A MOOC platform that fills a few niche courses not offered by the others"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Udacity provides a few niche courses that I have not found covered with other MOOC platforms. In addition, I find the in-situ practice examples/quizzes beneficial - it's nice to practice what you are learning, as you are learning it. I also appreciate the very "practical" nature/flavor of the platform. In the courses I have taken, there is less focus on theory and more of a practical application-slant which I like.

What do you dislike?

At times, the courses can feel a little repetitive (e.g. the Machine Learning course).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a few other MOOCs (e.g. Coursera, EdX) and pick one or two courses from each. Try taking a course with colleague/friend/peer -- it will make each of you more accountable for completing the work on time. If you are a working professional, learn to separate the signal from the noise -- that is, what can you take from the course and apply in your work "today".

I solve a variety of data science and analytical problems at work. Udacity has helped me excel in several niche areas and exposed me to new ideas, tools, and techniques.

Udacity review by User in Financial Services

"Udacity - Nanodegree programme"

What do you like best?

Videos are excellent, and exercises too.

It was very helpful to work on a real-life project and receive feedback (almost immediate) from Udacity tutors.

What do you dislike?

Although in principle it is a great idea, I find difficult to make the most out of the forum/discussion with other users since it could easily become too dispersive.

"Tutoring call" with instructors were excellent though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest starting with the free courses. I especially liked the ones on Statistics. Have a look at what is available, do pratice exercises and then sign for a Nanodegree programme.

Courses are easy to follow, additional softwares required are always free-ware.

The course may look a little bit more expensive compared to other providers, but the quality and the service provided are unmatched.

I am working a lot with databases and I was looking for gaining some experience in other programming languages rather than VBA/Excel.

Through the Nanodegree programme I gained solid foundations upon which I am building strong expertise in programming.

Udacity review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"The best place to learn to code"

What do you like best?

The nanodegrees are awesome, they push you to the limits and make you go one step further. Also, they have really really good free courses and I would encourage anyone to take them. The point is they are technical oriented, and we lack good technical and specific education.

What do you dislike?

Actually I don't dislike anything. They are on the land of excellence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overthink, this is the way to go. If I would be starting again, I will start here directly.

Until one week ago I was a nanodegree student. They also provide you half tuition back and help you get a job for sure or they return your money back. Also they have a lot of resources career oriented and a lot of best practices for a wide variety of ranges. Love them!

Udacity review by Anuj V.
Anuj V.

"Udacity Review"

What do you like best?

Excellent up-to-date material, informative short lectures on a particular topic, easy to follow pace and the ability to do in-video quizzes make it an excellent learning tool. I recommend this website highly to learners of all ages.

What do you dislike?

There are very few things to list here. Probably more variety in courses and a few more expert level courses are needed.

I have been working in the big data space for about a year now. Udacity has helped me get initiated into a lot of technologies in Big-data. Apart from that it has helped me keep abreast with the basic concepts and fundamentals of computer programming.

Udacity review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Has some free videos worth watching"

What do you like best?

The free content was good. Lots of times your looking for a way to get started and just reading text sometimes doesn't give you the same level of base understanding you need in the beginning. Being able to watch a few videos on topics helped a lot.

What do you dislike?

The free courses I reviewed weren't overly detailed. It was more like a youtube series then a proper online course. Great for simple topics or to use in conjunction with other training, but what I tried, it wasn't complex enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the free videos. See if you enjoy the content and if you find them detailed enough to learn the topics based on the material provided. This is more of an 'online course' style learning vs gamificiation styles in some other programs.

Its a great way to access free learning opportunities on the internet in a range of topics.

Udacity review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Udacity Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Udacity is that I can take the courses in a self paced manner. This is an amazing feature when it comes to a full time working professional like me. Also the nano degree is another option that I really love about Udacity. Enrolling in a nanodegree gives me the commitment to complete a course and get assistance and get my assignments graded by mentors. I also love the 50% cash back offer if I complete the nanodegree within one year of enrolling

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Udacity is the cost of the nano degree varies due to the self paced nature. I personally would prefer a flat cost for a course or a nano degree since I exactly know how much to pay before I enroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as a go to source if you want to learn a new skill-set from the foundation to an expert

Being a full time working professional, I find it hard to keep my skill set up to the current and fast changing pace of the industry. Having a self-paced environment to learn and improving knowledge is a wonderful way to stay at the top of my work and my industry.

Udacity review by Frank P.
Frank P.

"Udacity is the best way to bridge you to the industry for AI and robotics."

What do you like best?

I like the interactive support and comprehensive knowledge. No notes to read through. Only videos.

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey, but it's worth the price tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For someone who wants to learn AI and robotics, this is the way to go. You can ask your company to sponsor you.

It helped me solve the research problem of using AI on the classification screwing operation.

Udacity review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy to use learning community"

What do you like best?

The lessons are easy to navigate through on mobile. I like it much better than the web version.

What do you dislike?

The files can be a bit odd to access, and the forum could use an update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The classes are really easy to navigate on the mobile app.

It is really easy to teach a large group new skills using Udacity.

Udacity review by User in Higher Education

"Great Online Resource with Industry Professional Instructors"

What do you like best?

I love that courses have very credible material sources. for example, I took the android course and all of the instructors were actual Google employees.

What do you dislike?

In the android program I took, I didn't like the transition from using the in-browser text editor to actually using android studio, I felt 'abandoned' at that point in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its a great resource but it's not going to take you "all the way" you'll need some form of mentorship or project structure. In sum, it's great to learn some new skills or sharpen your skills but not quite enough to land a job.

I am mainly solving personal agendas when utilizing Udacity. I want to level up my skills at my own speed through online courses but I don't want to spend a lot of money and I don't want to learn from just 'anybody' The price, the flexibility, and the expert staff makes Udacity a "no-brainer" for me.

Udacity review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Nice platform."

What do you like best?

I like the discussion board and technology course offerings.

What do you dislike?

This platform is clean and clear but lacking in variety of subject matter. Can also be fairly buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they have the courses you are interested in, it is worth trying.

I have used this platform to explore options in technology to further my classes.

Udacity review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great way to develop new skills or hone in on existing ones"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Udacity is the ease of use and the interactive nature of the product. Also the lessons are very geared towards real world applications and focuses on skills you'll need in the business world. The videos are informative in providing the information you'll need to complete the lesson and the exercises provide the practice needed to be able to apply what is learned to a new or existing problem.

What do you dislike?

There are not that many complaints since it's a great product, but sometimes instructions were not as clear especially when it came time to do a final evaluation to complete courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Udacity to anyone who is trying to learn new skills or improve their existing toolkit.

I was not trying to solve any specific business problems but more so trying to transfer my academic knowledge and work into industry ready skills.

Udacity review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Review of Udacity"

What do you like best?

There are many different course offerings.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are pretty advanced. Some of my younger high school students had a hard time grasping some of the concepts in the intermediate classes.

Students are investigating artificial intelligence. It is helpful for students to see how artificial intelligence is used to help solve every day problems

"Highly Recommended"

What do you like best?

These courses are smartly designed, one can complete it along with existing office work. Its good to learn the best course in world online. Overall excellent cource with ecomical pricing. I recommend everyone who want to re skill should try at least once.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing to dislike, I liked websites easy navigation, just wished the cource fee should be shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You are perfect, just keep it up

I am looking for my resources to catch up latest skill. Few need to re skill in new technology for examples data analyst and android.

Udacity review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Great coding classes"

What do you like best?

The interactive exercises are extremely helpful for learning and retention. They also have a ton of free content and even the paid content isn't that expensive.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had some better introductory courses in Scala and some of the less often used coding languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at some of the others like CodeAcademy and Treehouse and see which fits your style.

Learning how to code so that I can be more productive.

Udacity review by User in Computer Software

"Changed my career with Udacity"

What do you like best?

Teaching through projects and having a great community and support system to lean on.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the material can get dated (as is the case in tech). I think the new system is helping with these issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for learning a new skill set. I am also really enjoying the nanodegrees

Changing careers. It started as a hobby but now I am a web developer.

Udacity review by User in Computer Software

"Udacity has turned me into a full-time developer"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Udacity! It has great content and is very structured and the community is awesome!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike would be the hidden courses that you actually have to hunt down, but once you find them they are very helpful!

I was interested in strengthening my fullstack development skills.

Learning about Udacity?

* We monitor all Udacity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.