Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Udemy

(142 reviews)

Udemy is a marketplace for online learning, offering people everywhere the opportunity to advance their careers, change professions, develop their personal passions or simply learn something new.

Work for Udemy?

Learning about Udemy?

Udemy Reviews

Showing 142 Udemy reviews
Udemy review by Shiva M.
Shiva M.

"A great source of advance knowledge"

What do you like best?

-Udemy is a great source of knowledge and skill development study. It has a thousands of resources like self-pace or instructor guide tutorials for professional life.

-Hundreds of courses are available for free or low cost.

-Very accurate and detailed information about professional exams and certifications

-Best resources for my profession around internet from well known organizations and instructors

-it’s a great platform for employees training and skill development within a workplace

What do you dislike?

-The main problem is learning platform, video streaming tutorials are very poor in quality as per the market standards.

-Some courses have not a good content but expensive pricing

-Very slow performance, server doesn’t response very often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend, Great value and wide range of course collection.

I am improving my knowledge about latest Information and technology without going outside or paying heavy fees. I have subscribed more than 40 paid and free versions which are related to my field. I have improved my email writing skills and personal development and my confidence level after udemy training.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Udemy
Udemy review by Sandeep B.
Sandeep B.

"Best website to learn programming language"

What do you like best?

The best thing I found in this learning website is, I got good number of choice to select instructors to learn a programming language. you will found many instructors provide similar courses, so you can check out their course syllabus, their rating given by students who already took their course,course fee, so all these options give you clarity, which instructor's course best suit your requirement.

I also like user interface, it is very intuative. you can navigate to all option very easily, you can also bookmark a time duration of learning video. They also provide community platform you can also post your dought to community and get solution very quicklyl. You can also intereact with your instructio directly by chat.

What do you dislike?

course prices very flucktuating, so may be someone bought a perticuler course @ $ 100 and you may get it during a sale @ $ 40 or $ 50.

Before taking any course you have to be invest some time to review instructors profile and rating, because at Udemy instructiors may be are not from reputed institutes or industries, they could be anyone. so be careful during to select course and instructer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recoment Udemy for online learning, it is fit for boath student and professional.

I am a Business Analyst in a reputed MNC. so during my one of the project I have to learn python programming to complere my project. I go throung many learning website and found best suiteable course in Udemy and compare to other learning website I took this course very cheap price, it was only $ 10.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Udemy review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Well-organized, Easy-to-use Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

I'm somewhat new to Udemy. I went looking for courses on C# for absolute beginners. Pluralsight and Udemy were the two sites that came up first. Pricing with Udemy was a little better than Pluralsight so I took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. The content is very well organized, easy to follow, and the quizzes inserted in the presentation videos have been on point and flexible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the instructor moves a little too quickly through more complex topics. I feel like Udemy could do more to make sure content is properly documented (beyond the transcript which is available) to make sure people are learning what they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many learning platforms out there covering a massive range of topics. Udemy has a good selection of things to learn at great prices.

For years, I developed software around the Microsoft Office suite using Visual Basic. I'm trying to grow up in the web world and move to a development stack that supports that better. Pretty much everything I do future-forward depends on what I'm learning right now. As to benefits realized, I have enjoyed learning in an environment where the instructor explains step-by-step what he's doing and that we're building practical examples as we go.

Udemy review by Shree H. N.
Shree H. N.

"Review of Udemy"

What do you like best?

- Numerous courses are available which is either free or affordable price.

- Courses are up to date as per the requirement for the present situation.

- Anyone can go through the courses either they are students or employees because courses are well explained and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

- There are lots of out update certification courses which can put the users in confusion in order to choose courses.

- Some sample questions of the certification exam are not updated which increase the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it is so useful and helpful for all sorts of people, anyone can easily go through any courses. So, I strongly recommend other to use this for atleast one time as a trial.

It can be helpful during the training period of the employee so I am using this for the same purpose. As it is useful for the development of the technical skill I realized that most of the people working in the nontechnical platform are to showing their interest in technology when they go through courses available in Udemy.

Udemy review by Petya B.
Petya B.

"Great for all types of developers"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a wide range of courses on diverse topics. I have purchased diverse programming courses, the content is always relevant and gets updated constantly. The authors are professionals and industry experts that share a lot of first-hand experience. What I like best is that they create small communities, where developers can share knowledge and help each other.

What do you dislike?

That I can use it only in the browser, sometimes I wish there was an app where I can listen to or watch videos on the go. You also need to browse a lot before you find best selling courses in different topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you'd like to grow as a developer.

I mostly upgrade my skills and knowledge with Udemy, which of course affect my work and thus client projects. If you want to grow as a developer, that's the right place to go. It has proven extremely helpful when I was integrating Docker on one of my projects.

Udemy review by Saif A.
Saif A.

"Best Video Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

They have quality courses and a big and helpful community.

Also, the discounts they offer is unbeatable and worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is could improve. They have a prompt to review the course after the first couple of videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their software development courses are the best video courses that you'd probably come across. They also offer courses in Business, Languages and Music too. I'd recommend you to wait for offers that they have quite frequently.

I was able to learn a lot of new technologies in more detail than I would have at a university. It helped me perform well in interviews and land me a job where I make use of the things I learned. It is also my go to place if I want to learn a new skill.

Udemy review by David P.
David P.

"Great learning site"

What do you like best?

Best part of the site is the ability to both see a video with the topic (usually software in my case) being implemented and used live, along with the PDFs that courses also include for further links or documentation. It allows me to focus on what I need quickly and move on.

What do you dislike?

On some courses the index is not detailed enough to be able to identify which video chapter contains the info I need at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch for the frequent sales they run to pick up great courses for under $10. Amazing value.

Usually I need to quickly specialize in a new framework and start using it right away. This format allows me to focus on what I need without taking days to learn in a linear fashion.

Udemy review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Great Value / App store for Training courses"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the videos are self-paced. You can utilize the training for any duration of time. Also, you can read the reviews of other prior to choosing a course. Once you purchase a course it is yours forever and you can always refer back to it. Many courses with a lot of material can be purchased for less than $20. I would equate this to an App store for training courses. Courses are submitted and udemy provides a large and competitive market which brings down the price and improves the quality.

What do you dislike?

Like any online product it requires discipline to complete, also you can ask questions on-line but you will have to wait for the instructor to respond. There may be many courses to choose on the same subject so you will need to read through the reviews and watch samples prior to choosing. Some reviews are difficult to sift through as everyone is starting at a different level. Take the time watch the video they offer for free prior to purchasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!! You can try a Udemy course for under $20. Compare this to other online courses many cost well over $2000.

The courses have enabled me to updated my technical skills, many programming languages/environments, AWS training. These courses have helped me jump start several initiatives and help me better communicate with others in specific technical disciplines.

Udemy review by Jenny C.
Jenny C.

"Good training platform, huge inventory"

What do you like best?

Some excellent trainers and trainings; regular discount sales so if you signup on their list you will be alerted to $10 and $15 training sales. These are trainings that have list prices of 100-200 - so you can get some good value. I especially like that I can speed up and slow down the videos. I often like to watch at 2x normal speed; keeps me awake or quickly get through stuff I already know. I was focussed on Tech training at first, but there is so much else: Art, health, happiness, science... huge inventory. So why not learn to draw for $10?!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The quality of courses depends on the instructor, and courses are reviewed and rated by other users. So you can evaluate course quality that way.

I've been working toward SalesForce Certifications and there are some helpful courses, as well as nonprofit friendly SalesForce courses that are helpful to my clients. I plan to recommend it for computer literacy training for staff in organizations I support.

Udemy review by YoYo F.
YoYo F.

"Great site for courses, I prefer it over Lynda.com"

What do you like best?

Unlike those monthly subscription models where you have to pay every month. With udemy, you pay for individual courses and keep them forever. This turns out to be way cheaper in the long run because I go back and look at the courses every so often which I wouldn't have been able to with monthly subscription. The monthly subscription model other online courses offer sucks because I often only want 1 course in the bundle of courses, I don't need everything else that comes with it.

Another positive: Udemy instructors are usually really responsive to questions and answer them unlike on Lynda, TreeHouse, or Youtube where instructors rarely answer questions. This is especially important for coding courses because students can run into stupid bugs that impede their learning speed.

At $10 for each course (make sure you use the coupon codes you can find online), each course is incredibly cheap. A lot of the courses are taught by experts in the field and are done really well. It has a huge range of courses by experts, from Growth Hacking, to Programming, to PPC Advertising to Drawing to Music Production.

And it's advantage over free course university institution like Coursera is that it covers a lot of topics that educational institutions simply don't cover such as Growth Hacking or learning a specific language. And those instructors at Udemy, because they are paid directly by students, tend to be more supportive and answer questions in a timely way.

What do you dislike?

Udemy needs to work on letting customer see all the reviews of a course before buying. It needs to let customers be able to sort by 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc reviews and see what the reviews say. Right now, the algorithm just shows the most recent 5 star reviews at the top, most of which are really shallow. Also Udemy needs to get rid of the bad reviews, like reviews from people who are only 1/4 of the way through a course.

Because anyone can create courses on Udemy, some courses are really really good, and others are really really bad and even incomplete. Therefore you have to be careful and read the reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are bad courses, and good courses on Udemy. Look at what people recommend online (offsite, ie: on reddit). And you'll know which one is good. Also make sure you use the $10 coupon codes you find online.

I learned Javascript using courses on Udemy (specifically, the course: Javascript The Weird Parts". And I learned a ton of other stuff as well such as Tableau, and sales.

Udemy review by Priyanka S.
Priyanka S.

"My review for udemy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is an amazing platform to learn about software courses. I have taken a lot of courses from it to learn about web development, python, and crypto currency. The instructors provide in depth explanations for the courses in a well paced manner. I love how all the topics in a particular course are divided into separate playlists of about 15-20 minutes length which does not make it boring and confusing. It is a well designed website that works perfectly both on android and my windows processors. The courses are a complete value for money as well.

I find it very handy for my SI session and tutoring sessions as well for reference when I am confused about some topic that I have to tutor.

What do you dislike?

Certain courses in it can be very expensive, and when you are using it just for reference for tutoring, it is not really worth spending so much money. Other than that, I have no complains!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is DEFINITELY one of the best learning platforms out there! Give it a shot!

I use udemy as a reference source for my tutoring and Supplemental Instruction sessions. It is very helpful in giving me innovative ideas to explain the concepts to my students. I also use this to learn some courses for my own use as well.

Udemy review by Sachi P.
Sachi P.

"Nice platform to learn"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a very good platform to stay in the race and maintain pace with the rapidly developing and advancing technology. There are numerous courses available which can help you to learn right from the scratch to making you an expert in the field. Free courses as well as paid are available. You are also certified for these courses. Video lectures ad quizzes are very helpful. Q & A forums triggers your brain and clears your doubts as well. Some of the files shown in the videos are also attached which you can easily download.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies can use these courses as a part of training their employees.

I have learnt many things that I required to make many of my projects. It provides guidelines necessary to do the tasks.

Udemy review by Tayna M.
Tayna M.

"Amazing learning plataform"

What do you like best?

It is a great online plataform for learning with accessible prices and the possibility of checking the score of teachers and classes before buying it, besides it offers some free classes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a little their search tool, it is kinda hard to find what you looking for in the first page, but that's because they have a lot of variety of classes on many topics, so that's expected and not actually a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is a great plataform, but if the couse or courses you're planning to buy on it are not on sale, wait! Because they have a lot of sales with really good prices - like, courses of 100 dollars for 10 dollars...

I am currently searching to improve my skills for my work as freelancer. The benefits of learning are unmeasurable, so are Udemy's bennefits then.

Udemy review by User

"Need a learning boost? Try Udemy!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact Udemy offers many sales, is convenient, and allows me to take courses within my own time frame. My boss appreciates an informed staff and encourages us to take courses and training to always do our job better. I also love that you can bank the classes without expiration....buy several on sale and use them as time allows.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to the top of my mind as far as dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to review the courses. Many are similar and you want to take time to read user reviews. Was it engaging? Easy to understand? Worth the value? Recommended? Don't sign up /purchase the first course you see.

I know a lot about marketing and media --- but from the golden days of Radio, Tv, OOH, classified, etc When I entered this position, I realized there was a lot I needed to learn as it relates to digital marketing. (Google Adwords, Analytics, SEO, etc.) I found it easy to subscribe to courses and polish my skills. . . keeping me in sync with modern day trends

Udemy review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Udemy is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a great place to start when you are learning, reviewing, or practicing your skills in programming. Often times I was given an assignment on a topic I was unfamiliar with, so I would take a Udemy course which offers source codes, quizzes, and more, to educate myself before starting the assignment. There were times where I would forget what I have already learned, so to refresh my memory I would watch a Udemy video and quickly remember my skills.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lecturers are hard to understand. Some of the videos may be outdated as well. I wish all courses were free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find the free ones and make sure to refine your searches.

I have made many programs and learned new concepts for assignments at work. It has been very beneficial because I feel very prepared to start any assignment after being taught the necessities to begin it.

Udemy review by User

"The best way to learn online and start improving new skills"

What do you like best?

Udemy makes possible to learn and improve skills regarding technology, coding, business and much more thanks to the experience of hundreds of pros and skilled teacher which are parts of che community. This platform also has many content creation tools such as PDF documents and PowerPoint that are crucial while attending courses.

What do you dislike?

No doubt, Udemy is the greatest e-training platform, but some courses should be enriched with a test area. Learning is not only theory, but even practice. Courses about coding, for example, require tests to let users achieving the best results with the

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before choosing each course, I strongly suggest to look for opinions and feedback about it. There are more than 20K Subject Experts and it could be crucial to chose the best for your needs.

Learing has never been so easy, smart and focused on specific areas. If you want to improve and achieve new business goals, you need to stay up-to-date and this is the most powerful way to achieve it

Udemy review by Vignesh D.
Vignesh D.

"Skills at Economic price"

What do you like best?

It is easy for you to find the education you want, at a price you feel economic. As a robotic enthusiast. it is important for me to stay up to date on new updates to the languages I use, and Udemy has a large catalog of courses to help me. I've even picked up some new languages because the courses of fun and easy to use. Udemy itself is smartly constructed to give you access to your courses and course material easily.

Though there are many similar products available

I highly recommend Udemy.

What do you dislike?

Most of paid courses they provide is available for free in the web, and they charge much higher for few courses than others

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find it interesting just go for it, learning has no limits.

I am running a small Training center in my locality.

Udemy review by Shahrooz F.
Shahrooz F.

"A good place to gain some knowledge about almost everything!"

What do you like best?

You can almost find any courses on Udemy specially for digital topics. Also, having different authors and tutors on a same topic with the benefit of student's reviews help new students to choose wisely. Some course are only introduction of a big topic and some are a bit deeper and you can find out more about each course when you go through students reviews.

What do you dislike?

There is no quality control on the content. Yes, its hard and sometimes its not possible to control each and every lesson on a course but this is what Udemy should do it to keep its good momentum and increase its reputation. I've got some courses which the presentation was not helpful at all or another course which the narrator had no idea about the topic and he was paid to narrate the course on some lame slides! So, these QC is essential for such a business.

Also, Pricing is another issue on Udemy. They made some changes while ago on their pricing policy but it wasn't effective enough. BTW, there are lots of sales and promotions you can get from Udemy to have your course way cheaper that original price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to compare courses to find the best one for you. Watch intro AND some preview of lessons. See if you understand the teacher, the accent, the way of teaching, etc.

Read the tutor curriculum, read reviews specially those with 1 or 2 stars to see what's the problem of students, they are more real that 4-5 star reviews.

Also, check if the tutor has replied those low rates or not. I think it takes at least half a day to find a good course of a general topic.

Learning new stuffs, getting more concentrated knowledge about a topic, having some courses for the team of developers to gain more knowledge about coding, etc.

Udemy review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Great system for learning"

What do you like best?

Very thorough classes at a reasonable price. The scope is somewhat overwhelming but in a good way.

What do you dislike?

Streaming it takes a lot of bandwidth and the transition between low and high res can make or break the experience. When following along w/ code, the lower resolution just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to learn if you can focus and are on a fairly high bandwidth connection. Nice to be able to review comments and ratings of others regarding each course.

Keeping up to date on new technologies and areas in software development. In particular, learning Unity design and programming on my own and learning python.

Udemy review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Great platform to leanr and explore new cources"

What do you like best?

There are lots of courses of almost all courses that may useful in the projects. Some free and paid courses are very good to understand. Professors are very clear about their topics so they teaches very well. There are topic vise assignments for all the courses and that are very good.

What do you dislike?

Some courses are very sort and that is not enough to understand the topic and some good courses are very costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform to learn new things that can be useful in the projects and the assignments are very good to practice the courses.

The employees can learn new things as per requirements in the projects and there are almost all the courses for all the topics.

Udemy review by Desire L.
Desire L.

"My experience in Udemy is a big achievement!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best in Udemy is that it provides unlimited learning. All I want to learn is already there, no reason for me to shift in another online courses websites because everything is there.

What do you dislike?

There are some courses that are quite expensive but everything are just worth it. There is no such thing that I dislike in Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is the best for everyone who wants to learn through online. They provide everything you want. Enrolling in Udemy will be a very great idea. As a user of Udemy, I can assure the quality of udemy.

With the help of udemy, I am able to learn new courses. I learn some different techniques especially in programming.

"Udemy"

What do you like best?

I downloaded a Tableau course from Udemy, and I have had a positive experience with the interface.

What do you dislike?

As with any online program, it is difficult to stay on task when there is not an actual human being giving you deadlines; you must create those for yourself. That can prove difficult, but that might be a generalization for all online coursework. For this one specifically, since I had not heard of it before and because it was cheap, I did question its credibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an interesting tool (similar to Lynda in my case), because it provides seemingly valuable and accurate information at a low cost. This is an interesting thing for higher education to consider (e.g. different styles of getting information), however I do not think that higher education will disappear in response to such innovations (at least not yet).

I am trying to advance my own education for a lower cost than taking a university course. I think this will allow me to get ahead in my career.

Udemy review by Adam .
Adam .

"Best courses on the internet"

What do you like best?

Wide range of different courses, great web and mobile app, very useful courses rating system and user reviews. Best mobile and programming courses i ever tried. They have a lot of discounts and promotions so prices are very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to download courses offline to a PC or Mac. You can however watch courses content offline using udemy mobile app so it's not such a big deal. Sometimes great new courses are hard to find or even notice because it's hard to get to the top of the rating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is the easiest way to improve or get new technical skills. I strongly recommend to try some of their best rated courses.

Improving personal and team members skills quickly and effectively.

Udemy review by Victor H.
Victor H.

"Udemy needs to improve"

What do you like best?

I like they have $10 offers and SOME of the courses are really helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Where should I start? Ok, first: MOST of the courses says they teach something but at the end is false because the course content does not matches with the description. The courses videos are very poor, instead of videos some courses put stupid notes about the previous lesson, I have returned 50% of the courses I purchased because they do not meet expectations. You have to review really carefull each of the courses before purchasing them because most of them lie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful before purchasing ANY of the courses, first review the course score, then the teacher profile on github if possible and read the user comments.

I can't say I have learned anything, yes, I have learned but I could had learned much more.

"Good course offerrings"

What do you like best?

Udemy offers an excellent course catalog at a fair price (Usually $10 with oftentimes many 30 - 50 % discounts. I am currently taking courses related to my professional field and what I like the best about Udemy is the structure of the course content as well as the quality of instructors. Some course I've taken have been taught by Professors at UPenn, Darden and MIT.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. Its a good cheap alternative to continue your development at your own pace and liking. Also, a monthly subscription instead of per course payment would be better for regular udemy users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See the recommendations for each course by past users as their catalog is HUGE, but in short, you won't miss with this one ;)

I am currently taking courses in professional and career development (Linkedin, resume building) and ensuring my students have the up-to date information for their career planning requirements.

Udemy review by Miguel Angel A.
Miguel Angel A.

"A very concise and friendly MOOC provider."

What do you like best?

What I like the most of Udemy, compared to other MOOC providers is how it allows you to take courses at your own time with a life time access guarantee to course materials. Other MOOC sites I have used impose a time limit on you to finish courses even if you pay to get a certification. Udemy on the other hand is very flexible in this regard which is a very welcome addition for us with day jobs that demand long hours and overtime.

With Udemy I have even been able to buy access to courses for hobby related pursuits that I can just let waiting around until vacations or low days at my job, without the need to stress over a looming deadline that means I would have wasted my money.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to save local backups of course videos is probably the one thing I acually dislike about the site. That said however, Udemy's mobile application does allow you to cache the videos for off-line viewing, which offsets this issue a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to purchase a course in Udemy, check very well it's reviews and amount of enrolled students. The quality of courses can vary wildly in terms of production values and accuracy/completeness of the information provided, but so far I have had very good experience with 4.5+ stars courses, and specially those marked as "best-sellers".

I'm currently using Udemy to train in the development of Ethereum smart contracts, a skill I intend to use in the development of my thesis for a Master's Degree at Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV).

I have also used Udemy to train in video-game development with Game Maker Studio as a hobby.

Udemy review by Davor G.
Davor G.

"Knowledge available to everyone"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a best online platform where the teachers and professionals can share their knowledge and students can learn at a very low price from the best in the fields and not the chosen ones. Which course in the best is left to students to decide by giving the courses ratings and public comments. And there are also free courses and free previews of the paid courses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike only the thing that there are a small number of courses in not so popular languages. But as I can see, as of 2018. The number is rising rapidly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, there you will find a lot of great courses, and the Udemy for Business team do filter only the best ones.

That company can give all the best courses to employees to learn and to grow.

Udemy review by User in Higher Education

"Vocational training at an affordable price when you want it where you want it"

What do you like best?

A wide variety of courses. Courses for skills that are usually in high demand in the industry. Affordable ($10-$15 mostly). Lifelong access. Online. Therefore, we can take the courses when we want them (at our pace) and where we want them. Most of the courses provide source codes and examples for learning. Most of the tutors demonstrate the programs or functions on-screen using example data. Therefore, it helps in hands-on learning. This feature makes it better than learning through textbooks. If we get stuck we can always ask a question to the tutor and expect an answer quite soon. Courses are updated frequently to keep pace with the industry needs.

What do you dislike?

Not all courses offered through Udemy may be of the appropriate standard (level of depth/difficulty) that I may be looking for. Some of the courses may proclaim to be for 'all skill levels' when in fact they have some pre-requisites. I need to have some previous knowledge of the software before I can start working with them. But because of the fact that we can take them at our convenience and these courses once purchased have lifelong access, thus we can return back to the course when we think fit for our purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If someone is looking for refining their skills at least in IT/Information science, then they may take a preview at Udemy because it may have all the relevant courses. Most of these courses provide much of the information or skills needed to be successful at work at a highly affordable price. Because it is available on mobile devices too, it is helpful for someone interested in learning on the go.

I work as a scientist. The courses I take at Udemy help me supplement my skills that I acquired from my graduate coursework such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other computer languages such skills in python, SAS, etc.

Udemy review by shasank g.
shasank g.

"Want to learn something new?"

What do you like best?

They have a wide range of courses and they are really really cheap, If u want to learn something new don't fret, just try once.

What do you dislike?

The course catalogue does covers what will be taught, but sometimes the tutors get messy and they teach the same thing over and over for different configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you got a passion for learning my friend then you can rely on this thing. And just sit tight and try to do exactly as the instructor says.

I learned python, I got concepts of AWS and completed the spring hibernate course. It helped me in learning new technologies that I did not know before and believe me they are quite detailed.

"Udemy Review"

What do you like best?

Firstly, it is the cheapest alternative to Coursera and other online learning resources. Also, it is so easy to use and the discussion board literally has all the answers to any type of questions my students have regarding the coursework they are enrolled in. I have been told by my students that it is the best website out there for learning new programming languages if they don't need a certificate.

What do you dislike?

It is still far behind other websites like coursera but I think they can cope up if they include more renowned professors in their courses. This would really help them in rising up on the ladder amongst the big boys like Coursera and Codeacademy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would fit you if you are looking to just expand your knowledge and don't care about getting a certification.

I use it with my students at my mentoring sessions at TAMU for helping my mentees learn new courses for cheap and getting a vast resource of content.

Udemy review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Udemy is a great way to learn new skills!"

What do you like best?

I took a few different Excel courses on Udemy. I liked that each course was broken down into smaller modules which had built in quizzes to assess my learning. I like that I can pause, rewind and rewatch sections of the course to ensure that I have mastered the skills.

What do you dislike?

I wish there had been an easier way to sort through the variety of courses on Udemy to determine which best met my needs. I bought 3 different ones because I wanted to make sure I was getting everything I needed out of the courses. A more refined search function would help to make Udemy even more user friendly.

I used Udemy while in a Director of Operations role in which I had to utilize Excel for many functions I was unfamiliar with. The courses I purchased on Udemy allowed me to teach myself these critical Excel functions and also use sections of them in team meetings to get my whole team up to speed on these skills.

Udemy review by Sabbir M.
Sabbir M.

"Widen you horizon with topic concentrated courses"

What do you like best?

What I liked best is there are courses which do not require dedicated time span to complete it. There are short courses which are concentrated on specific topic. So I do not need to spend time on long courses to grab knowledge on specific area. All I can do is take the short course, complete promptly in no time and gain what I need to gain.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I didn't like then its the number of practice questions. So far the courses I have taken in udemy does not have lots of exercise questions. There are very few. I need to practice from external source. If these course had some good numbers of questions, then it would be great. Another thing is I didn't find forums to discuss with the group. There should be forum so that group of people taking the course can discuss the meterials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool for quick learning. For specific topic learning, this provides quick learning platform for the employees who are interested. The instructor is to the point, so the learning curve is very good here. You can expect to learn in a very short time.

I am using Udemy to take courses to sharpen my technical skills of programming. Topic specific short courses has really helped me to learn alot about the programming paradigms and skills to solve coding challenges and problems.

Udemy review by User in Research
User in Research

"Udemy Review"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and they offer a lot of courses at affordable prices like 10-15$ sometimes. Also, it helps my students in learning programming languages on this app together because it has discussion boards so the students can talk on the app right away. Also, it is convenient to sign in because it can use your facebook account details to login to, making it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The certificates offered don't hold much power because it is still a flourishing website and also the courses offered are not offered by people from reputed places so might not help the students in building their resume or helping that exponentially in their careers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try these if you just want the knowledge and not the certificate because they offer courses at really affordable rates.

I use it for my students to learn new software at an affordable rate.

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Good plateform to learn new things"

What do you like best?

There are large number of courses to learn new things. There are also some free courses that can be useful. The user interface is good and for each course there are good assignments for practice the concepts. And there are almost all the courses that can be useful in the professional world.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not so good and some free courses are very sort and not understandable. Price of paid courses are very high in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the good platform to learn new things very easily and very user friendly to use and almost all the courses available on the site. They also provide certificates for the paid courses.

Employees can learn new things that are needed in on going project very easily and there are almost all courses to learn.

Udemy review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"FREE STUFF?? Oh and legitimate training by industry experts."

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of free coursework is phenomenal. The legitimacy of the rating system and the instructors is excellent. The policies that protect the buyer are excellent. The variety of software specific training is unmatched.

What do you dislike?

Some trainers price it ridiculously. Certain search results don't always make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider talking with professors before purchasing, often they are flexible on pricing if you are willing to make it worth their while (i.e. promotion or etc.). If you have more than a few hundred dollars in budget per year, consider the subscription employer/business plan it's amazing. FREE courses are ever changing and of high quality.

Employee training and improvement. Personal improvement and increase in my overall skillset to enhance my managerial duties. The ability to buy as a subscription for business is amazing for money savings and its a genuine benefit to employees and self.

Udemy review by Siddharth W.
Siddharth W.

"Huge Database of Courses from different fields, some of which are available for free too"

What do you like best?

A variety of courses available for every topic. You can actually take a few classes before buying the whole course.

Also, the courses are put on heavy discounts now and then, so its pretty easy to get the course you like.

What do you dislike?

The large variety of courses makes it a bit harder to find the perfect course for you. Some of these courses are marketed as great, but turn out to really bad when it comes to the instructors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anybody who wants to enhance their personal skills should really try Udemy.

I am enhancing my personal skills to implement Selenium with Java at work using Page Object Model.

In the past I have taken up courses related to Software develpoment

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Udemy - My personal tutor"

What do you like best?

I love the wide range of courses offered by Udemy. Me and My teammates are great fan of data analytics and python tutorials offered by Udemy. I often spend couple hours to go through different courses on Udemy. One particular course, Complete guide to web programming helped me to learn how to create apps within short time. I was able to meet the dead line by following the course.

What do you dislike?

I feel some courses are expensive and must be priced less than what they are listed for. I've observed that in some tutorials, the course overview is great but when it comes to the actual course, it is little boring. I felt mislead by the course overview sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great courses by great tutors. Take advantage of the coupons to save money and get access to paid tutorials.

I was able to excel in Devops skills by taking courses on Udemy. In day-today life, me and my team are required to learn new technologies in data visualization, configuration management and other Devops tools. Continuous learning and keeping up-to-date with latest technologies helps improve my performance.

Udemy review by Deirra J.
Deirra J.

"A Must Have For IT Professionals"

What do you like best?

I've been using Udemy for a little over 2 years. I love how affordable the content is. Training for IT certifications and topics can get pricey. They offer courses beyond just IT as well.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes about the site. I will say Udemy doesn't provide the extras such as practice tests, lab simulations etc but this isn't a deal breaker to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the course, there will be several different options. Be sure to research the instructors and preview the courses.

Udemy provides quality content at affordable prices and you get lifetime access to the courses. Their content library is extensive in the IT spaces as well as other topics. They have sales often where the courses are 80% - 90% discounted.

Udemy review by User

"Expensive and only money matters"

What do you like best?

I can whatever course I want and the process of payment is easy.

What do you dislike?

The negative points of it is so much more than its positive points. It hasnt happen to me but to some of my friends which made me to not go toward udemy.

one of them registered and payed very easily but then nothing happend. she couldnt access the material and at the same time she has lost the money. and there was no responsive support center that help her. I really think the prices are too high too. because you can find same material on the internet if you search well. so when you pay for something, you expect to reach something unique not something that you could find for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will mot recommend it as there is not any guarantee that every thing (from purchase to asking help from company) goes well.

I myself didnt face with problem personally but my friends whom used it were facing with problems and there was not any responsive support for them.

I needed to learn some business stuff as I am only expert in technical things. so I needed a resource that I can learn something that I never learned in my engineering school. and udemy have all the courses in itself.

Udemy review by David C.
David C.

"It Can be Good..."

What do you like best?

Wide range of topics, some great instructors out there and if you are a coach having a course on Udemy can add some credibility

What do you dislike?

They are still evolving their platform and sometimes they make changes that impact a lot of users who have no control. They also take 50% of the revenue of students they bring which seems high as they are constantly running sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a cheap course then you'll find something good. If you want to teach and know how to market then I'd avoid.

Passive income stream.

Udemy review by Fabio S.
Fabio S.

"Second-to-none online learning platform"

What do you like best?

The variety of courses you can find up there is just amazing. I'm one of those who like learning to do things by themselves and most of all I love learning by watching videos.

I took several photography courses online and it's great how much I learned. Then I found out about Udemy and I was astonished at how many courses are available for online learning.

A great thing is also the fact that the site gives out discounts and offers every day.

If I were to say what I like best: video learning makes it so fast to learn new skills! And the platform is incredibly easy to use. The user experience is nice and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don't like is the fact that the platform itself is a bit overcrowded with video courses that seemingly teach how make video courses. They're definitely too many. So this very fact might somehow affect the overall image of the platform, possibly ending up giving some users the impression of being a bit self-promoting. I think the system and the managers should keep a bit more of an eye on this and try to limit it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you want to learn ANYTHING? Do you want to do that by the comfort of your own couch? Well Udemy's for you then :)

Video courses are a great invention and give the possibility of staying in touch with new techniques and technologies even to people who cannot find or attend local courses that meet their requirements.

Example: I live in the north of Italy, there's not a great deal of local courses here. If you want to learn something and if you want high qualified, up-to-date teaching, you definitely have to turn to online learning (I'm not talking about Universities and Education in general, I'm simply referring to personal skills, technical skills, IT skills and other professional and more specific skills development).

I can learn virtually everything on the platform. I am a teacher myself an the thing I prefer on the site is the Teacher Training dedicated section. Great!

Udemy review by Reme L.
Reme L.

"A poor excuse to an educational site"

What do you like best?

The only possible thing I could like about this site is the expansive selection, but this is a prime and shining example of quantity over quality.

What do you dislike?

The quality of courses, I have taken 2 courses with them already, the first I am pretty sure I had gotten for free, but I thought maybe it was just a more isolated case of bad author, but after taking a second I cannot see myself every returning to them, the quality of the courses were atrocious, I genuinely felt like that author came up with an idea and just hit record.

In both cases the authors spent more time thinking during the recording than anything else, there was a lot of second guessing of their own work and in the more recent course the author clearly had zero clue about the Web IDE he was using and was making glaring mistakes in the code he was writing and then making comments such as 'This is probably not going to work' or 'I do not think that is right'. That course specifically was going for $200, but I had gotten it much cheaper on promotion, but even that was an absolute waste of my money.

I would not even be able to recommend this site to my greatest enemy, this is the place you go to when you want to teach coders what NOT to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run, run as fast as you can, the only thing you will get from this site is regret, you are better off learning elswhere.

I was trying to learn new technologies and enhance the knowledge I had of other, but to of achieved that with Udemy would of been utterly impossible.

Udemy review by Nouman M.
Nouman M.

"Udemy is the Right Place to Learn Right Things in 2016"

What do you like best?

Udemy is the great tool to learn great things online. All the courses are designed by the world's best instructors with utmost dedication and zeal. When I started my first course on Udemy, I was thinking that I would find some useful stuff to learn online regarding the content marketing and web development, but i founded one of the best innovative, creative, useful and comprehensive learning material. Udemy courses have many good things which you should know including beautiful videos, practice exercises and covering all aspects of rapidly changing fields of knowledge. I can tell many things that why i like the Udemy in 2016 but truth lies in bitter reality that I searched for many years to find the great, reliable and rich online learning tool to cope the rapidly changing trends in industry and tackle my growing competitors but i couldn't finds the Udemy which proved to be my ultimate destination in the world of online learning

What do you dislike?

Some courses are quite expensive and some courses are extremely cheap.There should be delicate balance between the prices of different courses depending upon the size, quality, feedback and number of students of each course. There should be more creative and innovative courses on some popular topics regarding the content marketing which is most searched term of Google in 2016. Udemy instructors must also establish direct conversation and chat channels with the students which would proved to be great step in good direction

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must use the Udemy to learn the present growing trends in your respective industries otherwise you wouldn't be able to tackle your growing competitors. Udemy would also provide you many free and cheap courses to feed your learning appetite.

We're solving many problems with the Udemy but the most important business problems include learning the present growing trends in industry, learning how to tackle the competitors and update our existent knowledge date base .

Udemy review by Henry B.
Henry B.

"Udemy Helps us in learning new SEO trends"

What do you like best?

Udemy is the best tool to learn new SEO trends, updates and changes in the industry from leading Udemy Instructors with outstanding command on SEO topics. It's very important for me to update my SEO knowledge base to survive against my competitors. I don't have the time to read books, tutorials and books on different SEO topics but require all in one place set to learn new things related to the SEO worlds. Udemy instructors provide one of the best SEO courses which cover almost all aspects of the SEO worlds. It wouldn't have been possible without the Udemy to learn new things related to SEO and then implementing all the SEO knowledge in my own business. My company always require me to be updated and quick in all matters related to SEO and I perform my duty with great success and efficiency with the help of Udemy

What do you dislike?

Prices are expensive fro some Udemy courses and some instructors lack innovation because more repetitive stuff is also available on the Udemy. They must guide and assist their instructors in producing professional, innovate and highly effective online courses with lots of creative videos and solving exercises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must consider Udemy as leading online tutor to learn new things and increase you command and excellency on all professional topics particularly in the field of SEO

We're solving many business problems with Udemy particularly knowledge base up-gradation, learning the new SEO trends and increasing the command on all SEO related stuff which is very important for me and my company

Udemy review by Aman A.
Aman A.

"A superb place to any course to jump into for on the job training"

What do you like best?

I have been using Udemy for a few years now. There are lots of courses available on the platform and so are the number of reviews. This gives an essence of which course to do.

The courses are exhaustive, covers lots of topics and is are very engaging

What do you dislike?

A few courses are not worth the price posted

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not finding a better suited MOOC plan

The biggest aspect is the availability of courses on the most recent subject. This helps me catch up with tech early

Udemy review by Amber E.
Amber E.

"I use UDEMY courses for specific subjects to fill in for other sites, like skillshare"

What do you like best?

The courses offered tend to be really good and offer unique subject matters. You can also see how the subject is broken down before you enroll in the courses.

What do you dislike?

The cost. Most of the courses are quite expensive and it is hard to tell which courses are of a good quality. THere is a lack of consistent quality on this site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy has a load of courses on virtually every subject, which is broken down in a really clear and concise way, so that virtually every subject is covered in some way-- just make sure to check out the reviews on classes beforehand. Sometimes coupons are available if a class seems too expensive. Look at the breakdown of the course before registering to make sure the content is exactly what you are looking for.

I am a yoga teacher and I am running some workshops and sometimes I take classes to get a better understanding of a subject before running my workshops. All of the information is in one place which is really convenient.

Udemy review by Tony O.
Tony O.

"Hassle-free e-learning experience"

What do you like best?

Wide variety of courses with high production value, from food and fitness to programming and business

What do you dislike?

Lack of app support for Amazon Fire TV, requiring an alternative screencasting method for groups that ties up an additional device (say, via Chromecast)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Courses seem to constantly be on sale, so if the course you are interested in seems expensive, wait for one of their many site-wide holiday sales.

Guided learning for new skills for self-driven people without the major cost of university-based continued education.

Udemy review by Kalaivani C.
Kalaivani C.

"Best Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access , browse and has a very user friendly interface both for the teachers and learners, It allows you to see the courses that are suitable for your job roles and allows to self educate at your pace.

What do you dislike?

It is still a little slow and content auditing is not well developed

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should try this for your business it provides an easy and controlled access to education content out there that can be helpful for your employee

It has helped us provide affordable education for the employees in one platform and re-purpose a lot of content out there

Udemy review by Vrinda C.
Vrinda C.

"Learning made easier "

What do you like best?

The variety of courses available and the ease with which they are explained. Also the price of courses is very competitive and affordable.

What do you dislike?

The search of courses could be better and also suggestions are not always related to the field of interest

I have taken up certification courses like Six Sigma to educate myself better. It is a learning platform for me.

Udemy review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"My learning experience in Udemy."

What do you like best?

I enrolled few of the courses in Udemy, and so far from my experience I easily understand the lessons and the Instructors are good where some of them will surely teach the specific thought of the lesson.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about my experience is there are some of the lessons that they not fully give you the exact information or leave you your thought hanging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to everyone whose looking for a tutorial online, or wants to become a instructor online. This site has many courses offered with different categories and much of the courses are free.

It provides me the knowledge I need when I'm about to make new projects.

Learning about Udemy?

* We monitor all Udemy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.