4.4 out of 5
Do you work for Udemy?

Udemy Reviews & Product Details

What is Udemy?

Udemy for Business helps companies stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing workplace by offering fresh, on-demand learning content through a powerful content marketplace. Our mission is to help employees do whatever comes next- whether that’s the next project to tackle, skill to learn or role to master. We do this by curating a collection of 2,500+ of Udemy’s top-rated courses taught by the world’s leading experts. Our content covers a variety of key business and technical topics ranging from development and IT to leadership, marketing, design and stress management. In addition to a curated content collection, organizations can also host and distribute their own proprietary content on Udemy. Leading organizations including PayPal, Lyft, Booking.com, Pinterest, Capgemini, and HSBC choose Udemy for Business to upskill their workforce and drive learning forward.

Udemy Profile Details

1-50 of 162 total Udemy reviews
Udemy review by Alli R.
The One
(Myself Only)

"I learned valuable info on Udemy"

What do you like best?

I love how Udemy makes learning a multitude of subjects accessible to anyone with a computer and an internet connection. They offer a plethora of options for learning almost every aspect of tech. You go at your own pace, which is great if you're trying to further your career, or just learn cuz learning is fun. The price point is great, and there is actual interaction with the course instructors, as well as group chats you can ask questions in and chat with other people taking the same course as you. That part can be very helpful if you're stuck on a particular lesson. They also have even skill level for beginning to learn something to upping your skills. This can help you get promoted, or even launch a brand new career path. I took the beginners Web Development course, and was more than pleased with the knowledge I obtained.

What do you dislike?

I found it a little hard to stay on track with a course when left to my own devices. The accessibility to the knowledge is amazing though. Especially for the price. But without a formal classroom setting, I found it hard to get started. It took me a little longer to finish out the lessons. That's me though. It could be very different for someone more self motivate self-starter.

You can learn all kinds of new skills in any career path. Getting a certificate of completion in certain subjects, especially if they pertain to your job and leveling up on your career path. It could even result in making more money, or being the qualifier that sets you apart from other contenders applying for the same job.

Udemy review by Nicholas J.
Software Developer

"excellent for your free time"

What do you like best?

For me Udemy is amazing, I really consider it the best virtual academy that exists. I can learn from the comfort of any place where I am, at any time and additionally I can go at my own pace, to be able to organize my time as I want I consider it to be one of the best qualities that Udemy has. In addition, the diversity you find on the platform is unique, there is something to choose from and I appreciate that, because they offer you the same course taught by different teachers and you can choose the one that best suits your needs or the one that has the best qualifications, there is also the subject of language, there are hundreds of courses in several languages, which is excellent because languages in many cases are a limiting factor, but Udemy is not like that. The program of studies almost always adapts to my needs and is very complete. The costs are really low if you buy a coupon, that's what I like best, because I don't have a lot of economic resources.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I don't like about the platform, in my opinion it's perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

udemy is the most complete course platform I have ever seen, I recommend it for its high quality courses!

You can't imagine how Udemy has helped me as a platform and thanks to it I'm becoming the professional I want to be, because there I get all the courses I need to complement my university education, there is a chat available in which you can clarify any doubts with the course teacher, is very big the support they give you, there is also the chat where you communicate with other students, there you meet people who have the same interests as you and we can interact to improve the deficiencies in a given subject.

Udemy review by Robert J.
Software Developer

"a platform with very good and balanced courses"

What do you like best?

I don't know if it's because I've only taken courses for which I've bought coupons, but personally I think Udemy's prices are quite affordable, also counting on the quality of the classes, I think that the prices are well below what they should be. I like the dynamism that develops during the classes, because it makes learning easier. I like that the platform has a chat room in which you can not only interact with the teacher, but you can also interact with students who also attend the class virtually, and you can share experiences in terms of the topics being learned, after all learning somehow consists of the experience you have in a certain area.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been using the platform for a long time, but in the time I've been using it there isn't something I don't like; however, if there's something intriguing that intrigues me and it's that they offer modalities of a certain course, both paid and free, then what's the incentive to pay for the course if it's also free? What's the science of spending money? Is there any difference between the two courses?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering increasing your knowledge in any type of subject, I recommend Udemy because it has very good quality courses.

With Udemy I can broaden my knowledge and in particular I can make my curricular synthesis more professional in my spare time. My experience at Udemy began with a course that I decided to do to reinforce my knowledge in a subject in which I was not doing very well, however my experience was pleasant, so I made the decision to continue enrolling in courses and began to notice a big difference in my preparation, so I decided to continue, and now I'm doing super well.

Udemy review by SERENA E.
Especialista en soporte para PC
(10,001+ employees)

"SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE IS UDEMY."

What do you like best?

udemy I like very much by the various ways of interacting with all that is there for example we can chat resolve any questions about a specialty, chat with teachers to clear doubts, its platform is very simple to understand, you can look for a high range of courses that users want to study to be a better professional, udemy also has a series of free courses for people who can not pay but want to improve their quality of life by getting a job thanks to these online courses.

What do you dislike?

As there are positive things there is also something negative in everything, in the personal what I do not like is that not all users of low resources can access courses that are truly indispensable for the best performance of their skills, another negative thing is that there are many instructors who dictate the courses very fast and we can not follow it, another thing would be very interesting that during the course the instructor should devote a little more time to topics that are very difficult to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I RECOMMEND OBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE

I really don't regret finding this online course platform, I remember that I was visiting the website and I found udemy and I found it interesting, I did a lot of research on udemy to be safer and from there I started my online courses with udemy.

Udemy review by Brook W.
Programmer

"perfect for your talent"

What do you like best?

I like that Udemy is the online place where I can receive support when I have an academic deficiency, in that place you will find a wide variety of courses regardless of the specific area you are looking for. There is always a wider catalogue in English, but it doesn't matter, since the platform has very good quality subtitles that allow you to understand the content perfectly. If we are talking about a program of studies in itself, then it must be said that it is very complete, and that the professors who teach it are very well trained. The dynamics of the classes are quite dynamic and the support material is very complete. Few online academies can match Udemy's quality of content.

What do you dislike?

For me Udemy is excellent, there's nothing I dislike about that platform. However, there are things that could be improved, such as the level of learning, although it is dynamic, anyone could pass the practices, personally would raise the level of difficulty of the exams, and that would increase the quality of reputation of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

super easy to handle

The videos have an excellent resolution, and although this sounds very banal and nobody can believe it, really this is a determining factor for learning, because at least in my case, when the resolution of the video is not optimal and I can not concentrate on the teacher, I just get bored and end up leaving the course. One of the best things about Udemy as a learning platform is the reputation of its certificates, at this point with the advances in technology, anyone knows about this platform and knows that the quality of the courses taught is very high, which facilitates the search for employment in certain areas of work.

Udemy review by Lance J.
Software Programmer

" professionalism"

What do you like best?

It is a good platform that offers a great variety of courses to train us from the comfort of any place, it serves both to initiate you in certain areas and to complement the knowledge you already have in a specific branch. You get courses of almost anything, in addition there is a variety of teachers who teach the same course, so you can choose based on the recommendations of the course. The variety of languages in terms of the variety of courses I like very much, because there is to please the one who likes to choose. The education they provide is reliable and concrete, which makes Udemy a virtual academy of great reputation.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the cost of the courses compared to the quality is very high, however if you buy a coupon online always the courses are at an affordable price. At the same time I do not like the fact that after you have paid for a course, at the same time you enter the platform and it is available for free, I think they should segment the courses between free and paid because it is unpleasant to see free something for which you have paid a cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good platform to develop your skills.

It is a very complete platform that supports the student in every way. You can clear up any doubts in the chat, as well as interact with people who are at the same level of knowledge as you. Almost anyone knows or has heard of Udemy, so when I get a certificate from the platform is a level of reputation that I add to my resume. The practices to accelerate learning are indisputably good, as well as the support material they offer in each course.

Udemy review by Karolina K.
QA Project Manager
Pharmaceuticals

"Udemy - My opinion"

What do you like best?

From a student's point, the whole Udemy experience is an interactive learning environment. Once you have access to your chosen course, there are discussion boards for students and instructors to interact with each other. The conversations are vitally essential and for a successful online learning experience and are one of the most significant features of the platform. Udemy has an amazingly wide range of learning topics; actually, the range is almost limitless. You are offered to learn Web Development, Business Management, Yoga, etc. Also, the pricing is affordable. Studying the same subject with different instructors is possible. In the beginning, the process of learning might be confusing; however, I quickly got used to it and managed that it could be extremely advantageous to me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the quality of courses is poor, and reviews or rates left by other users aren't reliable so that you couldn't evaluate course quality that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for advanced courses and techniques, you may need to find another solution, but for updating career skills, knowledge base and gaining heaps of new information, Udemy is excellent.

Udemy is my favorite e-learning platform, that enables me to acquire new skills and brush the old ones. With people, whom I got to know on the courses I created a small mastermind group, where we share our experience.

Udemy review by arturo m.
analyzing networks with NMAP

"virtual academy, designed for self-learning."

What do you like best?

Udemy is a virtual academy, which is dedicated to pay course and free, is the main virtual academy that I like because it offers varieties of courses for different areas of personal interest, has a variety of languages ​​that can indulge to be able to choose, also has a course that has subtitles, I like it also because all the courses are dictated by excellent professionals in the areas and give concrete and truthful information that are useful and forge better professional and student growth, giving opportunities to get better jobs thanks to the knowledge that is acquired, this academy has many preparation courses for certifications, such as cisco, fortinet, linux, windows, etc. Which really are useful if they intend to make certifications.

What do you dislike?

I really have no displeasure with the udemy platform, it is very useful and has excellent study material that I personally find help to be able to make a professional growth, when you can not attend a physical school. Udemy is the first option you should take to be able to take online courses

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy I really recommend it because it is a fully complete virtual course platform, it has free courses and payments (low and high prices) that are worth much more, with excellent study and support material, with good practices to accelerate the learning, excellent teachers, anyone can find the course of their choice in this academy. I recommend it totally.

I use Udemy to grow professionally, study with its excellent course, right now I am studying computer security and network security. Udemy offers excellent courses on this subject that are helpful to enter this new world that will give me job opportunities in many places.

Udemy review by Carlton W.
Internet Network Specialist
Internet

"the cheapest prices I've ever seen."

What do you like best?

Although there are many web education platforms, Udemy is among the best, for the quality of education, the didactic content. One of the reasons why I like Udemy the most as an educational platform is that it usually gives very short courses, so it is not necessary to dedicate a lot of months to finish it, let's say that the knowledge is focused on the most important things.

Udemy is like a personal tutorial, every time I have problems in classes, I look for a related course and I start to learn, being that also an indisputable benefit, since the platform has a variety of courses considerably extensive. The videos have a high resolution,

I feel safe being inside Udemy, because I know that learning is guaranteed, as long as you have the responsibility as a student to comply with everything that the program proposes.

What do you dislike?

I love Udemy, however if there is something that would change it would be the level (I would raise it) and the amount of practical activities, because I feel that they are very few, I would implement more questionnaires in order to ensure the learning process of all the students of the platform.

Another thing I don't like about Udemy is that some courses are boring and not worth the money invested even if the investment is very little; I think that you could correct that if you could see the scores and recommendations of users before buying the course, I think the platform should work on that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have a pencil and notebook on the side.

Udemy has helped me to improve the areas in which I have deficiencies, I would not use the platform as a place of reference for self-taught preparation, but for complementary education, as is my case.

Udemy review by Andrzej K.
Global Master Data Quality Key User
(10,001+ employees)

"Udemy - My favourite educational platform"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a great educational platform for people from different industries especially IT content of most courses are very good, and we can learn many useful skills as well as solid tips and tricks. We will use them both in everyday life and at work. The plus is that there are a lot of courses available for free. The great thing is that we can continue with the courses whenever we want so that by moving around, we can learn something new.

What do you dislike?

- Quite a poor transmission quality.

- Several languages are missing.

- The variety of lecturers, by which their accents can vary (for me it is a plus because from people from different parts of the world we can learn something different).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have, between work a lot of time you should consider learning through, the platform we will succeed thanks to it you can acquire new skills that will undoubtedly be useful to you, you can check it out now using the free course.

By using Udemy, I have acquired new skills that will be very useful at work.

Udemy review by Gordon B.
Business Professional
Internet

"very cheap and good courses"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a great platform, which has super professional teachers, experts in the field and trained in the best way to provide quality education. I like that I can learn at my own pace, with very low costs and exceptional quality.

The classes are very fun, so studying becomes very easy, Udemy has greatly improved my learning process and I have been able to bring all that knowledge into everyday life.

I like that thanks to Udemy I have become more technological, I have never really felt that I have wasted my time and money on the platform, in fact the money is very well spent, because when you pay for the course you have access to course materials for life, the platform is incredible.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that many of the paid courses are also available for free on the net, so why would we take them for free if we can do them for free; the rest Udemy is an excellent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

is a very friendly website with new users so you can be reassured guys.

My experience has been very positive within Udemy, and is that I have enrolled in many courses in which I did not know that I had skill, I learned web design many years ago as well as other types of knowledge which have helped me to make a path in the world and to make myself known.

Udemy review by Sean D.
Especialista
Internet

"cheap and quality courses like no other."

What do you like best?

I think I will not be able to describe everything I like about Udemy, it is a great platform, very easy to navigate it, it is very friendly and you get any information in a timely and detailed way, the interface has a chat to interact with other users who are at the same level of learning as you, there you can exchange information, clarify doubts, and in short help you become both better student and better professional. Speaking of interface, the organization of the website also allows you to understand everything very clearly, almost intuitively.

The price of the courses is very accessible and you can find courses of whatever, the areas of training are very extensive, however the most prominent is everything related to technology.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you always have to connect from a computer, it would be very helpful if you could create an application where you could see classes from any place connected simply to the Tablet or cell phone. I would also like the classes to be more focused on complex issues and for a balance to be struck between complex and not-so-relevant issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want to learn a lot of quality things, try Udemy

I arrived at Udemy's platform thanks to google, I was looking for a good AutoCAD course, no matter if it was presential or digital, I just wanted to learn as much as possible about AutoCAD, so I got the platform, in the first moment I didn't trust that an online course was what I needed, so I looked for a lot of information before starting, especially recommendations, I ventured to try and I really don't regret it, I learned a lot and from there I got used to do a lot of courses in Udemy and other platforms.

Udemy review by Emanuel R.
Sales Floor Team Member

"quality courses"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like most about Udemy is that it has a large number of courses that we can take for free, for those who do not have many resources this option is perfect because we can learn regardless of whether we have money or not. The resources available to this virtual academy are many so constantly learning does not imply any problem.

The information throughout the platform is very detailed, especially the curriculum, I am not wrong to say that Udemy is the best learning platform. The content is always up to date and I can study at my own pace, without having to leave home.

What do you dislike?

The platform is excellent and I really like to see classes in a didactic way, however I don't like the fact that there is not only one rhythm established for the courses, there are courses with teachers who take the class very fast and it is difficult to follow the rhythm and there are teachers who have a very slow rhythm and the courses can become somewhat boring.

Recommendations to others considering the product

web of courses like no other.

Udemy has helped me to grow as a professional, in fact I can say that most of my knowledge as a programmer I owe to Udemy and for free, because although Udemy has the best prices in the market, my economy is not enough to pay for the courses.

I am currently starting in the world of design and Udemy is also helping me with this part of my life, although I already have the resources to pay for the courses thanks to the same platform.

Another thing in which Udemy has helped me is to join a small community where we share experiences and knowledge, which has allowed me to provide a better service as a professional thanks to the exchange of ideas.

Udemy review by Toby M.
Software Programmer
Internet

"an excellent website to instruct you"

What do you like best?

Udemy is one of the best platforms to learn online, its classes are didactic and very understandable. Udemy's education is quality including its videos that have an excellent resolution, are understood perfectly, and are uploaded on time without fail. If we talk about content is very well organized, it is also quite light and easy to understand.

I like that the cost of the courses in Udemy is the best in comparison to other platforms, and that is not a factor that intervenes in the quality. They also have a very diverse catalogue of courses, they have courses in all subjects and in different languages, which makes it easier for people from almost all over the world to learn. Udemy encourages self-taught learning and helps us to develop skills in a certain field since the classes are designed to put into practice what is being learned.

What do you dislike?

Even though Udemy is a great platform, sometimes I find it difficult to follow the sequence of some teachers, since suddenly they go very fast and I get lost, it would be excellent if they could monitor that detail and solve it in some way. It would also be excellent to dedicate more time to complex subjects, in order to learn better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for all those people who want to learn new things.

When I discovered Udemy I did it through a friend, who told me about the platform, I had never taken an online course, but I had no time to go to an academy to learn what I do today, then I ventured to try with Udemy and I was not disappointed, on the contrary, after having the experience with Udemy now almost everything I learn online.

Udemy helped me to open myself to a new world and completely different from traditional education, however the content is very didactic and enjoyable.

Udemy review by Saul L.
Network analyst

"Online learning and training academy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is one of the best platforms to learn online. Its friendly and simple web interface allows browsing in hundreds of learning options. It is incredible the amount of online courses offered, most of very good quality and with authentic experts in each subject. The quality of the videos of the courses is sensational, a panel is offered that keeps track of course automatically and after closing session maintains the status that you reached until that moment. Interaction with the instructor by chat is great, very useful to make queries and resolve questions quickly. The documentation of the courses I have taken has also been valuable and allow me a more complete learning.

What do you dislike?

It can be stressful in the first instance the number of courses offered and if you do not search well you can make the mistake of enrolling that comes out much more expensive than another offered. I would like a better system to qualify each course with stars or points, also to qualify the same instructor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before taking a course, consult Reddit the offer of the subject you need and you can evaluate if it is the right course for you.

With Udemy I can keep myself updated in my certifications and knowledge. Thanks to this website you can raise in the company a professional growth project for each employee so that they can expand their knowledge at a good price. Udemy guarantees us to be updated and we can also consult doubts in the community of each topic.

Udemy review by Eduardo F.
Udemy student

"Estudiando en udemy"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best virtual academies in which you can get countless courses in all possible subjects, it is quite dynamic and classes with different teachers, many other courses, has a variety of languages ​​and subtitles in the videos of the courses.

What do you dislike?

Although there are good courses there are also very bad courses, very vague information, which remains with the doubt even of the subject and wanting to reimburse the money to invest in another, but even so it is not for the academy virtual enter a dislike for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the academy in all aspects, it has good courses, good instructors, good prices and many times they offer courses for weeks where they can take advantage of acquiring excellent study materials. It is very easy to register and get the courses, the easiest way to study is with udemy.

I am using the Udemy academy to study courses on networking and ethical hacking, it is one of the best options to learn, since it offers excellent courses with good learning materials, not only videos but, pdf, and proposals for laboratory practices, which it helps a lot to put into practice what has been learned.

Udemy review by Shiva M.
Board

"A great source of advance knowledge"

What do you like best?

-Udemy is a great source of knowledge and skill development study. It has a thousands of resources like self-pace or instructor guide tutorials for professional life.

-Hundreds of courses are available for free or low cost.

-Very accurate and detailed information about professional exams and certifications

-Best resources for my profession around internet from well known organizations and instructors

-it’s a great platform for employees training and skill development within a workplace

What do you dislike?

-The main problem is learning platform, video streaming tutorials are very poor in quality as per the market standards.

-Some courses have not a good content but expensive pricing

-Very slow performance, server doesn’t response very often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend, Great value and wide range of course collection.

I am improving my knowledge about latest Information and technology without going outside or paying heavy fees. I have subscribed more than 40 paid and free versions which are related to my field. I have improved my email writing skills and personal development and my confidence level after udemy training.

Udemy review by Sandeep B.
Business Support Analyst
Banking
(10,001+ employees)

"Best website to learn programming language"

What do you like best?

The best thing I found in this learning website is, I got good number of choice to select instructors to learn a programming language. you will found many instructors provide similar courses, so you can check out their course syllabus, their rating given by students who already took their course,course fee, so all these options give you clarity, which instructor's course best suit your requirement.

I also like user interface, it is very intuative. you can navigate to all option very easily, you can also bookmark a time duration of learning video. They also provide community platform you can also post your dought to community and get solution very quicklyl. You can also intereact with your instructio directly by chat.

What do you dislike?

course prices very flucktuating, so may be someone bought a perticuler course @ $ 100 and you may get it during a sale @ $ 40 or $ 50.

Before taking any course you have to be invest some time to review instructors profile and rating, because at Udemy instructiors may be are not from reputed institutes or industries, they could be anyone. so be careful during to select course and instructer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recoment Udemy for online learning, it is fit for boath student and professional.

I am a Business Analyst in a reputed MNC. so during my one of the project I have to learn python programming to complere my project. I go throung many learning website and found best suiteable course in Udemy and compare to other learning website I took this course very cheap price, it was only $ 10.

Udemy review by Aaron P.
Operations Manager
Management Consulting
(Myself Only)

"Well-organized, Easy-to-use Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

I'm somewhat new to Udemy. I went looking for courses on C# for absolute beginners. Pluralsight and Udemy were the two sites that came up first. Pricing with Udemy was a little better than Pluralsight so I took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. The content is very well organized, easy to follow, and the quizzes inserted in the presentation videos have been on point and flexible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the instructor moves a little too quickly through more complex topics. I feel like Udemy could do more to make sure content is properly documented (beyond the transcript which is available) to make sure people are learning what they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many learning platforms out there covering a massive range of topics. Udemy has a good selection of things to learn at great prices.

For years, I developed software around the Microsoft Office suite using Visual Basic. I'm trying to grow up in the web world and move to a development stack that supports that better. Pretty much everything I do future-forward depends on what I'm learning right now. As to benefits realized, I have enjoyed learning in an environment where the instructor explains step-by-step what he's doing and that we're building practical examples as we go.

Udemy review by Shree H. N.
Information System Security Officer

"Review of Udemy"

What do you like best?

- Numerous courses are available which is either free or affordable price.

- Courses are up to date as per the requirement for the present situation.

- Anyone can go through the courses either they are students or employees because courses are well explained and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

- There are lots of out update certification courses which can put the users in confusion in order to choose courses.

- Some sample questions of the certification exam are not updated which increase the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As it is so useful and helpful for all sorts of people, anyone can easily go through any courses. So, I strongly recommend other to use this for atleast one time as a trial.

It can be helpful during the training period of the employee so I am using this for the same purpose. As it is useful for the development of the technical skill I realized that most of the people working in the nontechnical platform are to showing their interest in technology when they go through courses available in Udemy.

Udemy review by Petya B.
Full Stack Developer
Internet

"Great for all types of developers"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a wide range of courses on diverse topics. I have purchased diverse programming courses, the content is always relevant and gets updated constantly. The authors are professionals and industry experts that share a lot of first-hand experience. What I like best is that they create small communities, where developers can share knowledge and help each other.

What do you dislike?

That I can use it only in the browser, sometimes I wish there was an app where I can listen to or watch videos on the go. You also need to browse a lot before you find best selling courses in different topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you'd like to grow as a developer.

I mostly upgrade my skills and knowledge with Udemy, which of course affect my work and thus client projects. If you want to grow as a developer, that's the right place to go. It has proven extremely helpful when I was integrating Docker on one of my projects.

Udemy review by Saif A.
Graduate Assistant
Higher Education
(10,001+ employees)

"Best Video Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

They have quality courses and a big and helpful community.

Also, the discounts they offer is unbeatable and worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

The user experience is could improve. They have a prompt to review the course after the first couple of videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their software development courses are the best video courses that you'd probably come across. They also offer courses in Business, Languages and Music too. I'd recommend you to wait for offers that they have quite frequently.

I was able to learn a lot of new technologies in more detail than I would have at a university. It helped me perform well in interviews and land me a job where I make use of the things I learned. It is also my go to place if I want to learn a new skill.

Udemy review by David P.
CTO

"Great learning site"

What do you like best?

Best part of the site is the ability to both see a video with the topic (usually software in my case) being implemented and used live, along with the PDFs that courses also include for further links or documentation. It allows me to focus on what I need quickly and move on.

What do you dislike?

On some courses the index is not detailed enough to be able to identify which video chapter contains the info I need at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch for the frequent sales they run to pick up great courses for under $10. Amazing value.

Usually I need to quickly specialize in a new framework and start using it right away. This format allows me to focus on what I need without taking days to learn in a linear fashion.

Udemy review by Tom K.
Associate Director, ICS
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great Value / App store for Training courses"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the videos are self-paced. You can utilize the training for any duration of time. Also, you can read the reviews of other prior to choosing a course. Once you purchase a course it is yours forever and you can always refer back to it. Many courses with a lot of material can be purchased for less than $20. I would equate this to an App store for training courses. Courses are submitted and udemy provides a large and competitive market which brings down the price and improves the quality.

What do you dislike?

Like any online product it requires discipline to complete, also you can ask questions on-line but you will have to wait for the instructor to respond. There may be many courses to choose on the same subject so you will need to read through the reviews and watch samples prior to choosing. Some reviews are difficult to sift through as everyone is starting at a different level. Take the time watch the video they offer for free prior to purchasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!! You can try a Udemy course for under $20. Compare this to other online courses many cost well over $2000.

The courses have enabled me to updated my technical skills, many programming languages/environments, AWS training. These courses have helped me jump start several initiatives and help me better communicate with others in specific technical disciplines.

Udemy review by Jenny C.
CRM Consultant

"Good training platform, huge inventory"

What do you like best?

Some excellent trainers and trainings; regular discount sales so if you signup on their list you will be alerted to $10 and $15 training sales. These are trainings that have list prices of 100-200 - so you can get some good value. I especially like that I can speed up and slow down the videos. I often like to watch at 2x normal speed; keeps me awake or quickly get through stuff I already know. I was focussed on Tech training at first, but there is so much else: Art, health, happiness, science... huge inventory. So why not learn to draw for $10?!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The quality of courses depends on the instructor, and courses are reviewed and rated by other users. So you can evaluate course quality that way.

I've been working toward SalesForce Certifications and there are some helpful courses, as well as nonprofit friendly SalesForce courses that are helpful to my clients. I plan to recommend it for computer literacy training for staff in organizations I support.

Udemy review by Alfred W.
Utilities Customer Service Representative

"i dont like much"

What do you like best?

I don't think there's anything I like about Udemy, I think it's a poor platform with poor preparatio

What do you dislike?

I mean, at this point there's a lot of fabric to cut, because there's a lot of Udemy that I don't like. I will start by saying that your courses are overvalued, there is a lot of money they ask you to pay for courses that don't meet the learning expectations.

The questionnaires have many deficiencies, even an elementary school child could pass them.

There is also the factor that many of the courses are taught by teachers who do not dictate the content they offer, they allow themselves to be carried away by superfluous subjects that do not benefit the course at all, then the course becomes boring, and without a specific end, it is just a waste of time and money.

Certainly the resolution of most of the videos is good, however there are videos of very poor quality, with teachers who seem to have no experience, I feel that the managers of Udemy should debug the platform for this type of content, because it is one of the most famous virtual academies and it is not fair for the user to have such a high reputation and lose money in so much excessive talk.

The platform as such is not so bad, but to reach the level of prestige they lack much, they should reinvent in content and debug the platform of bad instructors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did not recommend the platform because of what I said previously...

I believe that from Udemy's courses you learn everything that you should not do in learning, and that is that certainly people only learn when we put into practice the knowledge we have acquired, however, Udemy does not give you as a student a solid knowledge base to be a good professional.

Udemy review by Adrian G.
Sales analyst

"Excellent web platform to acquire knowledge"

What do you like best?

Udemy is one of the best online academies for courses and studies. It is impressive the variety of courses offered on this page and the convenience to register and receive the lessons. They have a very fast and efficient interface, video courses are great and never hang. The way in which each module is tracked is very useful so as not to miss anything. Udemy has a good offer in many items and in the case of Sales there are great free and low-cost opportunities to expand capabilities.

What do you dislike?

I believe that they should have a better scoring system for each course and thus ensure one of the best possible choice. There are times when the server does not work and I lose time in the module I am doing. The quality of the videos may be better, but I guess this depends on each instructor and the equipment they have to take the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Udemy for any company that needs to train its staff with good online training and fast. With this platform you will be able to learn new techniques and capacities at a contained cost.

With Udemy we plan a series of projects to train all the staff with new tools that give us an exceptional value for the payment that is made. This web platform of study and training reduces expenses because we do not need to go to a physical academy to acquire new knowledge. Thanks to Udemy, we can keep up with every software that is required in my department.

Udemy review by YoYo F.
Founder, Android Developer, Growth Lead
(Myself Only)

"Great site for courses, I prefer it over Lynda.com"

What do you like best?

Unlike those monthly subscription models where you have to pay every month. With udemy, you pay for individual courses and keep them forever. This turns out to be way cheaper in the long run because I go back and look at the courses every so often which I wouldn't have been able to with monthly subscription. The monthly subscription model other online courses offer sucks because I often only want 1 course in the bundle of courses, I don't need everything else that comes with it.

Another positive: Udemy instructors are usually really responsive to questions and answer them unlike on Lynda, TreeHouse, or Youtube where instructors rarely answer questions. This is especially important for coding courses because students can run into stupid bugs that impede their learning speed.

At $10 for each course (make sure you use the coupon codes you can find online), each course is incredibly cheap. A lot of the courses are taught by experts in the field and are done really well. It has a huge range of courses by experts, from Growth Hacking, to Programming, to PPC Advertising to Drawing to Music Production.

And it's advantage over free course university institution like Coursera is that it covers a lot of topics that educational institutions simply don't cover such as Growth Hacking or learning a specific language. And those instructors at Udemy, because they are paid directly by students, tend to be more supportive and answer questions in a timely way.

What do you dislike?

Udemy needs to work on letting customer see all the reviews of a course before buying. It needs to let customers be able to sort by 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc reviews and see what the reviews say. Right now, the algorithm just shows the most recent 5 star reviews at the top, most of which are really shallow. Also Udemy needs to get rid of the bad reviews, like reviews from people who are only 1/4 of the way through a course.

Because anyone can create courses on Udemy, some courses are really really good, and others are really really bad and even incomplete. Therefore you have to be careful and read the reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are bad courses, and good courses on Udemy. Look at what people recommend online (offsite, ie: on reddit). And you'll know which one is good. Also make sure you use the $10 coupon codes you find online.

I learned Javascript using courses on Udemy (specifically, the course: Javascript The Weird Parts". And I learned a ton of other stuff as well such as Tableau, and sales.

Udemy review by Priyanka S.
SI Leader and Tutor
Education Management

"My review for udemy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is an amazing platform to learn about software courses. I have taken a lot of courses from it to learn about web development, python, and crypto currency. The instructors provide in depth explanations for the courses in a well paced manner. I love how all the topics in a particular course are divided into separate playlists of about 15-20 minutes length which does not make it boring and confusing. It is a well designed website that works perfectly both on android and my windows processors. The courses are a complete value for money as well.

I find it very handy for my SI session and tutoring sessions as well for reference when I am confused about some topic that I have to tutor.

What do you dislike?

Certain courses in it can be very expensive, and when you are using it just for reference for tutoring, it is not really worth spending so much money. Other than that, I have no complains!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is DEFINITELY one of the best learning platforms out there! Give it a shot!

I use udemy as a reference source for my tutoring and Supplemental Instruction sessions. It is very helpful in giving me innovative ideas to explain the concepts to my students. I also use this to learn some courses for my own use as well.

Udemy review by Sachi P.
Software Engineer

"Nice platform to learn"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a very good platform to stay in the race and maintain pace with the rapidly developing and advancing technology. There are numerous courses available which can help you to learn right from the scratch to making you an expert in the field. Free courses as well as paid are available. You are also certified for these courses. Video lectures ad quizzes are very helpful. Q & A forums triggers your brain and clears your doubts as well. Some of the files shown in the videos are also attached which you can easily download.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies can use these courses as a part of training their employees.

I have learnt many things that I required to make many of my projects. It provides guidelines necessary to do the tasks.

Udemy review by Tayna M.
Freelance Image Specialist

"Amazing learning plataform"

What do you like best?

It is a great online plataform for learning with accessible prices and the possibility of checking the score of teachers and classes before buying it, besides it offers some free classes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a little their search tool, it is kinda hard to find what you looking for in the first page, but that's because they have a lot of variety of classes on many topics, so that's expected and not actually a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is a great plataform, but if the couse or courses you're planning to buy on it are not on sale, wait! Because they have a lot of sales with really good prices - like, courses of 100 dollars for 10 dollars...

I am currently searching to improve my skills for my work as freelancer. The benefits of learning are unmeasurable, so are Udemy's bennefits then.

Udemy review by User

"Need a learning boost? Try Udemy!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact Udemy offers many sales, is convenient, and allows me to take courses within my own time frame. My boss appreciates an informed staff and encourages us to take courses and training to always do our job better. I also love that you can bank the classes without expiration....buy several on sale and use them as time allows.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to the top of my mind as far as dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to review the courses. Many are similar and you want to take time to read user reviews. Was it engaging? Easy to understand? Worth the value? Recommended? Don't sign up /purchase the first course you see.

I know a lot about marketing and media --- but from the golden days of Radio, Tv, OOH, classified, etc When I entered this position, I realized there was a lot I needed to learn as it relates to digital marketing. (Google Adwords, Analytics, SEO, etc.) I found it easy to subscribe to courses and polish my skills. . . keeping me in sync with modern day trends

Udemy review by Amy S.
Junior Programmer

"Udemy is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a great place to start when you are learning, reviewing, or practicing your skills in programming. Often times I was given an assignment on a topic I was unfamiliar with, so I would take a Udemy course which offers source codes, quizzes, and more, to educate myself before starting the assignment. There were times where I would forget what I have already learned, so to refresh my memory I would watch a Udemy video and quickly remember my skills.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lecturers are hard to understand. Some of the videos may be outdated as well. I wish all courses were free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find the free ones and make sure to refine your searches.

I have made many programs and learned new concepts for assignments at work. It has been very beneficial because I feel very prepared to start any assignment after being taught the necessities to begin it.

Udemy review by User

"The best way to learn online and start improving new skills"

What do you like best?

Udemy makes possible to learn and improve skills regarding technology, coding, business and much more thanks to the experience of hundreds of pros and skilled teacher which are parts of che community. This platform also has many content creation tools such as PDF documents and PowerPoint that are crucial while attending courses.

What do you dislike?

No doubt, Udemy is the greatest e-training platform, but some courses should be enriched with a test area. Learning is not only theory, but even practice. Courses about coding, for example, require tests to let users achieving the best results with the

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before choosing each course, I strongly suggest to look for opinions and feedback about it. There are more than 20K Subject Experts and it could be crucial to chose the best for your needs.

Learing has never been so easy, smart and focused on specific areas. If you want to improve and achieve new business goals, you need to stay up-to-date and this is the most powerful way to achieve it

Udemy review by Vignesh D.
Technical Manager
Research

"Skills at Economic price"

What do you like best?

It is easy for you to find the education you want, at a price you feel economic. As a robotic enthusiast. it is important for me to stay up to date on new updates to the languages I use, and Udemy has a large catalog of courses to help me. I've even picked up some new languages because the courses of fun and easy to use. Udemy itself is smartly constructed to give you access to your courses and course material easily.

Though there are many similar products available

I highly recommend Udemy.

What do you dislike?

Most of paid courses they provide is available for free in the web, and they charge much higher for few courses than others

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find it interesting just go for it, learning has no limits.

I am running a small Training center in my locality.

Udemy review by Shahrooz F.
Product Owner (Scrum framework)

"A good place to gain some knowledge about almost everything!"

What do you like best?

You can almost find any courses on Udemy specially for digital topics. Also, having different authors and tutors on a same topic with the benefit of student's reviews help new students to choose wisely. Some course are only introduction of a big topic and some are a bit deeper and you can find out more about each course when you go through students reviews.

What do you dislike?

There is no quality control on the content. Yes, its hard and sometimes its not possible to control each and every lesson on a course but this is what Udemy should do it to keep its good momentum and increase its reputation. I've got some courses which the presentation was not helpful at all or another course which the narrator had no idea about the topic and he was paid to narrate the course on some lame slides! So, these QC is essential for such a business.

Also, Pricing is another issue on Udemy. They made some changes while ago on their pricing policy but it wasn't effective enough. BTW, there are lots of sales and promotions you can get from Udemy to have your course way cheaper that original price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to compare courses to find the best one for you. Watch intro AND some preview of lessons. See if you understand the teacher, the accent, the way of teaching, etc.

Read the tutor curriculum, read reviews specially those with 1 or 2 stars to see what's the problem of students, they are more real that 4-5 star reviews.

Also, check if the tutor has replied those low rates or not. I think it takes at least half a day to find a good course of a general topic.

Learning new stuffs, getting more concentrated knowledge about a topic, having some courses for the team of developers to gain more knowledge about coding, etc.

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Budget friendly online learning platform"

What do you like best?

1. Most of the courses are budget friendly(less than $15 per course).

2. Learn anything (You will find courses for the wide range of topics ).

3. Get a completion certificate for all the enrolled courses.

4. You can ask your queries to Instructor directly. (VERY HELPFUL)

5. Bookmark Important slides in a video(Good for revising)

What do you dislike?

1. The Navigation to the reviews of already enrolled courses is too complex.

2. There is no easy way to forward and backward a video. Why not use conventional SHIFT + ARROW?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Budget-friendly good courses on the wide range of Topics.

(Definitely recommended but choose courses wisely, check the reviews first and then pay)

Growing my Knowledge and skill sets to apply it in the real world.

(Have enrolled me in more than 10 courses of VLSI field )

Udemy review by Dan M.
Principal Software Engineer

"Great system for learning"

What do you like best?

Very thorough classes at a reasonable price. The scope is somewhat overwhelming but in a good way.

What do you dislike?

Streaming it takes a lot of bandwidth and the transition between low and high res can make or break the experience. When following along w/ code, the lower resolution just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to learn if you can focus and are on a fairly high bandwidth connection. Nice to be able to review comments and ratings of others regarding each course.

Keeping up to date on new technologies and areas in software development. In particular, learning Unity design and programming on my own and learning python.

Udemy review by Jay M.
Senior Software Engineer

"Great platform to leanr and explore new cources"

What do you like best?

There are lots of courses of almost all courses that may useful in the projects. Some free and paid courses are very good to understand. Professors are very clear about their topics so they teaches very well. There are topic vise assignments for all the courses and that are very good.

What do you dislike?

Some courses are very sort and that is not enough to understand the topic and some good courses are very costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform to learn new things that can be useful in the projects and the assignments are very good to practice the courses.

The employees can learn new things as per requirements in the projects and there are almost all the courses for all the topics.

Udemy review by Desire L.
Software QA Tester

"My experience in Udemy is a big achievement!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best in Udemy is that it provides unlimited learning. All I want to learn is already there, no reason for me to shift in another online courses websites because everything is there.

What do you dislike?

There are some courses that are quite expensive but everything are just worth it. There is no such thing that I dislike in Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is the best for everyone who wants to learn through online. They provide everything you want. Enrolling in Udemy will be a very great idea. As a user of Udemy, I can assure the quality of udemy.

With the help of udemy, I am able to learn new courses. I learn some different techniques especially in programming.

Udemy review by User in Higher Education

"Udemy"

What do you like best?

I downloaded a Tableau course from Udemy, and I have had a positive experience with the interface.

What do you dislike?

As with any online program, it is difficult to stay on task when there is not an actual human being giving you deadlines; you must create those for yourself. That can prove difficult, but that might be a generalization for all online coursework. For this one specifically, since I had not heard of it before and because it was cheap, I did question its credibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an interesting tool (similar to Lynda in my case), because it provides seemingly valuable and accurate information at a low cost. This is an interesting thing for higher education to consider (e.g. different styles of getting information), however I do not think that higher education will disappear in response to such innovations (at least not yet).

I am trying to advance my own education for a lower cost than taking a university course. I think this will allow me to get ahead in my career.