Udemy

Udemy is a marketplace for online learning, offering people everywhere the opportunity to advance their careers, change professions, develop their personal passions or simply learn something new.

Work for Udemy?

Learning about Udemy?

Udemy Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 112 Udemy reviews
Udemy review by <span>Jenny C.</span>
Jenny C.
G2 Gives Campaign

Good training platform, huge inventory

What do you like best?

Some excellent trainers and trainings; regular discount sales so if you signup on their list you will be alerted to $10 and $15 training sales. These are trainings that have list prices of 100-200 - so you can get some good value. I especially like that I can speed up and slow down the videos. I often like to watch at 2x normal speed; keeps me awake or quickly get through stuff I already know. I was focussed on Tech training at first, but there is so much else: Art, health, happiness, science... huge inventory. So why not learn to draw for $10?!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The quality of courses depends on the instructor, and courses are reviewed and rated by other users. So you can evaluate course quality that way.

I've been working toward SalesForce Certifications and there are some helpful courses, as well as nonprofit friendly SalesForce courses that are helpful to my clients. I plan to recommend it for computer literacy training for staff in organizations I support.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Udemy
Udemy review by <span>YoYo F.</span>
YoYo F.

Great site for courses, I prefer it over Lynda.com

What do you like best?

Unlike those monthly subscription models where you have to pay every month. With udemy, you pay for individual courses and keep them forever. This turns out to be way cheaper in the long run because I go back and look at the courses every so often which I wouldn't have been able to with monthly subscription. The monthly subscription model other online courses offer sucks because I often only want 1 course in the bundle of courses, I don't need everything else that comes with it.

Another positive: Udemy instructors are usually really responsive to questions and answer them unlike on Lynda, TreeHouse, or Youtube where instructors rarely answer questions. This is especially important for coding courses because students can run into stupid bugs that impede their learning speed.

At $10 for each course (make sure you use the coupon codes you can find online), each course is incredibly cheap. A lot of the courses are taught by experts in the field and are done really well. It has a huge range of courses by experts, from Growth Hacking, to Programming, to PPC Advertising to Drawing to Music Production.

And it's advantage over free course university institution like Coursera is that it covers a lot of topics that educational institutions simply don't cover such as Growth Hacking or learning a specific language. And those instructors at Udemy, because they are paid directly by students, tend to be more supportive and answer questions in a timely way.

What do you dislike?

Udemy needs to work on letting customer see all the reviews of a course before buying. It needs to let customers be able to sort by 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc reviews and see what the reviews say. Right now, the algorithm just shows the most recent 5 star reviews at the top, most of which are really shallow. Also Udemy needs to get rid of the bad reviews, like reviews from people who are only 1/4 of the way through a course.

Because anyone can create courses on Udemy, some courses are really really good, and others are really really bad and even incomplete. Therefore you have to be careful and read the reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are bad courses, and good courses on Udemy. Look at what people recommend online (offsite, ie: on reddit). And you'll know which one is good. Also make sure you use the $10 coupon codes you find online.

I learned Javascript using courses on Udemy (specifically, the course: Javascript The Weird Parts". And I learned a ton of other stuff as well such as Tableau, and sales.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Udemy review by <span>Priyanka S.</span>
Priyanka S.

My review for udemy

What do you like best?

Udemy is an amazing platform to learn about software courses. I have taken a lot of courses from it to learn about web development, python, and crypto currency. The instructors provide in depth explanations for the courses in a well paced manner. I love how all the topics in a particular course are divided into separate playlists of about 15-20 minutes length which does not make it boring and confusing. It is a well designed website that works perfectly both on android and my windows processors. The courses are a complete value for money as well.

I find it very handy for my SI session and tutoring sessions as well for reference when I am confused about some topic that I have to tutor.

What do you dislike?

Certain courses in it can be very expensive, and when you are using it just for reference for tutoring, it is not really worth spending so much money. Other than that, I have no complains!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is DEFINITELY one of the best learning platforms out there! Give it a shot!

I use udemy as a reference source for my tutoring and Supplemental Instruction sessions. It is very helpful in giving me innovative ideas to explain the concepts to my students. I also use this to learn some courses for my own use as well.

Udemy review by <span>Sachi P.</span>
Sachi P.

Nice platform to learn

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a very good platform to stay in the race and maintain pace with the rapidly developing and advancing technology. There are numerous courses available which can help you to learn right from the scratch to making you an expert in the field. Free courses as well as paid are available. You are also certified for these courses. Video lectures ad quizzes are very helpful. Q & A forums triggers your brain and clears your doubts as well. Some of the files shown in the videos are also attached which you can easily download.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies can use these courses as a part of training their employees.

I have learnt many things that I required to make many of my projects. It provides guidelines necessary to do the tasks.

Udemy review by <span>Tayná M.</span>
Tayná M.

Amazing learning plataform

What do you like best?

It is a great online plataform for learning with accessible prices and the possibility of checking the score of teachers and classes before buying it, besides it offers some free classes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a little their search tool, it is kinda hard to find what you looking for in the first page, but that's because they have a lot of variety of classes on many topics, so that's expected and not actually a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is a great plataform, but if the couse or courses you're planning to buy on it are not on sale, wait! Because they have a lot of sales with really good prices - like, courses of 100 dollars for 10 dollars...

I am currently searching to improve my skills for my work as freelancer. The benefits of learning are unmeasurable, so are Udemy's bennefits then.

Udemy review by <span>Vignesh D.</span>
Vignesh D.

Skills at Economic price

What do you like best?

It is easy for you to find the education you want, at a price you feel economic. As a robotic enthusiast. it is important for me to stay up to date on new updates to the languages I use, and Udemy has a large catalog of courses to help me. I've even picked up some new languages because the courses of fun and easy to use. Udemy itself is smartly constructed to give you access to your courses and course material easily.

Though there are many similar products available

I highly recommend Udemy.

What do you dislike?

Most of paid courses they provide is available for free in the web, and they charge much higher for few courses than others

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find it interesting just go for it, learning has no limits.

I am running a small Training center in my locality.

Learning about Udemy?

* We monitor all Udemy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.