Udemy

Udemy is a marketplace for online learning, offering people everywhere the opportunity to advance their careers, change professions, develop their personal passions or simply learn something new.

Work for Udemy?

Learning about Udemy?

Udemy Reviews

Ask Udemy a Question
Showing 135 Udemy reviews
Udemy review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Well-organized, Easy-to-use Learning Tool"

What do you like best?

I'm somewhat new to Udemy. I went looking for courses on C# for absolute beginners. Pluralsight and Udemy were the two sites that came up first. Pricing with Udemy was a little better than Pluralsight so I took a chance. I wasn't disappointed. The content is very well organized, easy to follow, and the quizzes inserted in the presentation videos have been on point and flexible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the instructor moves a little too quickly through more complex topics. I feel like Udemy could do more to make sure content is properly documented (beyond the transcript which is available) to make sure people are learning what they want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many learning platforms out there covering a massive range of topics. Udemy has a good selection of things to learn at great prices.

For years, I developed software around the Microsoft Office suite using Visual Basic. I'm trying to grow up in the web world and move to a development stack that supports that better. Pretty much everything I do future-forward depends on what I'm learning right now. As to benefits realized, I have enjoyed learning in an environment where the instructor explains step-by-step what he's doing and that we're building practical examples as we go.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Udemy
Udemy review by Petya B.
Petya B.

"Great for all types of developers"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a wide range of courses on diverse topics. I have purchased diverse programming courses, the content is always relevant and gets updated constantly. The authors are professionals and industry experts that share a lot of first-hand experience. What I like best is that they create small communities, where developers can share knowledge and help each other.

What do you dislike?

That I can use it only in the browser, sometimes I wish there was an app where I can listen to or watch videos on the go. You also need to browse a lot before you find best selling courses in different topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you'd like to grow as a developer.

I mostly upgrade my skills and knowledge with Udemy, which of course affect my work and thus client projects. If you want to grow as a developer, that's the right place to go. It has proven extremely helpful when I was integrating Docker on one of my projects.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

Udemy review by David P.
David P.

"Great learning site"

What do you like best?

Best part of the site is the ability to both see a video with the topic (usually software in my case) being implemented and used live, along with the PDFs that courses also include for further links or documentation. It allows me to focus on what I need quickly and move on.

What do you dislike?

On some courses the index is not detailed enough to be able to identify which video chapter contains the info I need at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch for the frequent sales they run to pick up great courses for under $10. Amazing value.

Usually I need to quickly specialize in a new framework and start using it right away. This format allows me to focus on what I need without taking days to learn in a linear fashion.

Udemy review by Tom K.
Tom K.

"Great Value / App store for Training courses"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the videos are self-paced. You can utilize the training for any duration of time. Also, you can read the reviews of other prior to choosing a course. Once you purchase a course it is yours forever and you can always refer back to it. Many courses with a lot of material can be purchased for less than $20. I would equate this to an App store for training courses. Courses are submitted and udemy provides a large and competitive market which brings down the price and improves the quality.

What do you dislike?

Like any online product it requires discipline to complete, also you can ask questions on-line but you will have to wait for the instructor to respond. There may be many courses to choose on the same subject so you will need to read through the reviews and watch samples prior to choosing. Some reviews are difficult to sift through as everyone is starting at a different level. Take the time watch the video they offer for free prior to purchasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!! You can try a Udemy course for under $20. Compare this to other online courses many cost well over $2000.

The courses have enabled me to updated my technical skills, many programming languages/environments, AWS training. These courses have helped me jump start several initiatives and help me better communicate with others in specific technical disciplines.

Udemy review by Jenny C.
Jenny C.

"Good training platform, huge inventory"

What do you like best?

Some excellent trainers and trainings; regular discount sales so if you signup on their list you will be alerted to $10 and $15 training sales. These are trainings that have list prices of 100-200 - so you can get some good value. I especially like that I can speed up and slow down the videos. I often like to watch at 2x normal speed; keeps me awake or quickly get through stuff I already know. I was focussed on Tech training at first, but there is so much else: Art, health, happiness, science... huge inventory. So why not learn to draw for $10?!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The quality of courses depends on the instructor, and courses are reviewed and rated by other users. So you can evaluate course quality that way.

I've been working toward SalesForce Certifications and there are some helpful courses, as well as nonprofit friendly SalesForce courses that are helpful to my clients. I plan to recommend it for computer literacy training for staff in organizations I support.

Udemy review by YoYo F.
YoYo F.

"Great site for courses, I prefer it over Lynda.com"

What do you like best?

Unlike those monthly subscription models where you have to pay every month. With udemy, you pay for individual courses and keep them forever. This turns out to be way cheaper in the long run because I go back and look at the courses every so often which I wouldn't have been able to with monthly subscription. The monthly subscription model other online courses offer sucks because I often only want 1 course in the bundle of courses, I don't need everything else that comes with it.

Another positive: Udemy instructors are usually really responsive to questions and answer them unlike on Lynda, TreeHouse, or Youtube where instructors rarely answer questions. This is especially important for coding courses because students can run into stupid bugs that impede their learning speed.

At $10 for each course (make sure you use the coupon codes you can find online), each course is incredibly cheap. A lot of the courses are taught by experts in the field and are done really well. It has a huge range of courses by experts, from Growth Hacking, to Programming, to PPC Advertising to Drawing to Music Production.

And it's advantage over free course university institution like Coursera is that it covers a lot of topics that educational institutions simply don't cover such as Growth Hacking or learning a specific language. And those instructors at Udemy, because they are paid directly by students, tend to be more supportive and answer questions in a timely way.

What do you dislike?

Udemy needs to work on letting customer see all the reviews of a course before buying. It needs to let customers be able to sort by 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc reviews and see what the reviews say. Right now, the algorithm just shows the most recent 5 star reviews at the top, most of which are really shallow. Also Udemy needs to get rid of the bad reviews, like reviews from people who are only 1/4 of the way through a course.

Because anyone can create courses on Udemy, some courses are really really good, and others are really really bad and even incomplete. Therefore you have to be careful and read the reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are bad courses, and good courses on Udemy. Look at what people recommend online (offsite, ie: on reddit). And you'll know which one is good. Also make sure you use the $10 coupon codes you find online.

I learned Javascript using courses on Udemy (specifically, the course: Javascript The Weird Parts". And I learned a ton of other stuff as well such as Tableau, and sales.

Udemy review by Priyanka S.
Priyanka S.

"My review for udemy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is an amazing platform to learn about software courses. I have taken a lot of courses from it to learn about web development, python, and crypto currency. The instructors provide in depth explanations for the courses in a well paced manner. I love how all the topics in a particular course are divided into separate playlists of about 15-20 minutes length which does not make it boring and confusing. It is a well designed website that works perfectly both on android and my windows processors. The courses are a complete value for money as well.

I find it very handy for my SI session and tutoring sessions as well for reference when I am confused about some topic that I have to tutor.

What do you dislike?

Certain courses in it can be very expensive, and when you are using it just for reference for tutoring, it is not really worth spending so much money. Other than that, I have no complains!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is DEFINITELY one of the best learning platforms out there! Give it a shot!

I use udemy as a reference source for my tutoring and Supplemental Instruction sessions. It is very helpful in giving me innovative ideas to explain the concepts to my students. I also use this to learn some courses for my own use as well.

Udemy review by Sachi P.
Sachi P.

"Nice platform to learn"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides a very good platform to stay in the race and maintain pace with the rapidly developing and advancing technology. There are numerous courses available which can help you to learn right from the scratch to making you an expert in the field. Free courses as well as paid are available. You are also certified for these courses. Video lectures ad quizzes are very helpful. Q & A forums triggers your brain and clears your doubts as well. Some of the files shown in the videos are also attached which you can easily download.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Companies can use these courses as a part of training their employees.

I have learnt many things that I required to make many of my projects. It provides guidelines necessary to do the tasks.

Udemy review by Tayná M.
Tayná M.

"Amazing learning plataform"

What do you like best?

It is a great online plataform for learning with accessible prices and the possibility of checking the score of teachers and classes before buying it, besides it offers some free classes as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a little their search tool, it is kinda hard to find what you looking for in the first page, but that's because they have a lot of variety of classes on many topics, so that's expected and not actually a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is a great plataform, but if the couse or courses you're planning to buy on it are not on sale, wait! Because they have a lot of sales with really good prices - like, courses of 100 dollars for 10 dollars...

I am currently searching to improve my skills for my work as freelancer. The benefits of learning are unmeasurable, so are Udemy's bennefits then.

Udemy review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"Udemy is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a great place to start when you are learning, reviewing, or practicing your skills in programming. Often times I was given an assignment on a topic I was unfamiliar with, so I would take a Udemy course which offers source codes, quizzes, and more, to educate myself before starting the assignment. There were times where I would forget what I have already learned, so to refresh my memory I would watch a Udemy video and quickly remember my skills.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lecturers are hard to understand. Some of the videos may be outdated as well. I wish all courses were free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to find the free ones and make sure to refine your searches.

I have made many programs and learned new concepts for assignments at work. It has been very beneficial because I feel very prepared to start any assignment after being taught the necessities to begin it.

Udemy review by User

"The best way to learn online and start improving new skills"

What do you like best?

Udemy makes possible to learn and improve skills regarding technology, coding, business and much more thanks to the experience of hundreds of pros and skilled teacher which are parts of che community. This platform also has many content creation tools such as PDF documents and PowerPoint that are crucial while attending courses.

What do you dislike?

No doubt, Udemy is the greatest e-training platform, but some courses should be enriched with a test area. Learning is not only theory, but even practice. Courses about coding, for example, require tests to let users achieving the best results with the

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before choosing each course, I strongly suggest to look for opinions and feedback about it. There are more than 20K Subject Experts and it could be crucial to chose the best for your needs.

Learing has never been so easy, smart and focused on specific areas. If you want to improve and achieve new business goals, you need to stay up-to-date and this is the most powerful way to achieve it

Udemy review by Vignesh D.
Vignesh D.

"Skills at Economic price"

What do you like best?

It is easy for you to find the education you want, at a price you feel economic. As a robotic enthusiast. it is important for me to stay up to date on new updates to the languages I use, and Udemy has a large catalog of courses to help me. I've even picked up some new languages because the courses of fun and easy to use. Udemy itself is smartly constructed to give you access to your courses and course material easily.

Though there are many similar products available

I highly recommend Udemy.

What do you dislike?

Most of paid courses they provide is available for free in the web, and they charge much higher for few courses than others

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find it interesting just go for it, learning has no limits.

I am running a small Training center in my locality.

Udemy review by Shahrooz F.
Shahrooz F.

"A good place to gain some knowledge about almost everything!"

What do you like best?

You can almost find any courses on Udemy specially for digital topics. Also, having different authors and tutors on a same topic with the benefit of student's reviews help new students to choose wisely. Some course are only introduction of a big topic and some are a bit deeper and you can find out more about each course when you go through students reviews.

What do you dislike?

There is no quality control on the content. Yes, its hard and sometimes its not possible to control each and every lesson on a course but this is what Udemy should do it to keep its good momentum and increase its reputation. I've got some courses which the presentation was not helpful at all or another course which the narrator had no idea about the topic and he was paid to narrate the course on some lame slides! So, these QC is essential for such a business.

Also, Pricing is another issue on Udemy. They made some changes while ago on their pricing policy but it wasn't effective enough. BTW, there are lots of sales and promotions you can get from Udemy to have your course way cheaper that original price!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to compare courses to find the best one for you. Watch intro AND some preview of lessons. See if you understand the teacher, the accent, the way of teaching, etc.

Read the tutor curriculum, read reviews specially those with 1 or 2 stars to see what's the problem of students, they are more real that 4-5 star reviews.

Also, check if the tutor has replied those low rates or not. I think it takes at least half a day to find a good course of a general topic.

Learning new stuffs, getting more concentrated knowledge about a topic, having some courses for the team of developers to gain more knowledge about coding, etc.

Udemy review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Great system for learning"

What do you like best?

Very thorough classes at a reasonable price. The scope is somewhat overwhelming but in a good way.

What do you dislike?

Streaming it takes a lot of bandwidth and the transition between low and high res can make or break the experience. When following along w/ code, the lower resolution just doesn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to learn if you can focus and are on a fairly high bandwidth connection. Nice to be able to review comments and ratings of others regarding each course.

Keeping up to date on new technologies and areas in software development. In particular, learning Unity design and programming on my own and learning python.

Udemy review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Great platform to leanr and explore new cources"

What do you like best?

There are lots of courses of almost all courses that may useful in the projects. Some free and paid courses are very good to understand. Professors are very clear about their topics so they teaches very well. There are topic vise assignments for all the courses and that are very good.

What do you dislike?

Some courses are very sort and that is not enough to understand the topic and some good courses are very costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best platform to learn new things that can be useful in the projects and the assignments are very good to practice the courses.

The employees can learn new things as per requirements in the projects and there are almost all the courses for all the topics.

Udemy review by Desire L.
Desire L.

"My experience in Udemy is a big achievement!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best in Udemy is that it provides unlimited learning. All I want to learn is already there, no reason for me to shift in another online courses websites because everything is there.

What do you dislike?

There are some courses that are quite expensive but everything are just worth it. There is no such thing that I dislike in Udemy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is the best for everyone who wants to learn through online. They provide everything you want. Enrolling in Udemy will be a very great idea. As a user of Udemy, I can assure the quality of udemy.

With the help of udemy, I am able to learn new courses. I learn some different techniques especially in programming.

"Udemy"

What do you like best?

I downloaded a Tableau course from Udemy, and I have had a positive experience with the interface.

What do you dislike?

As with any online program, it is difficult to stay on task when there is not an actual human being giving you deadlines; you must create those for yourself. That can prove difficult, but that might be a generalization for all online coursework. For this one specifically, since I had not heard of it before and because it was cheap, I did question its credibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an interesting tool (similar to Lynda in my case), because it provides seemingly valuable and accurate information at a low cost. This is an interesting thing for higher education to consider (e.g. different styles of getting information), however I do not think that higher education will disappear in response to such innovations (at least not yet).

I am trying to advance my own education for a lower cost than taking a university course. I think this will allow me to get ahead in my career.

Udemy review by Adam .
Adam .

"Best courses on the internet"

What do you like best?

Wide range of different courses, great web and mobile app, very useful courses rating system and user reviews. Best mobile and programming courses i ever tried. They have a lot of discounts and promotions so prices are very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to download courses offline to a PC or Mac. You can however watch courses content offline using udemy mobile app so it's not such a big deal. Sometimes great new courses are hard to find or even notice because it's hard to get to the top of the rating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy is the easiest way to improve or get new technical skills. I strongly recommend to try some of their best rated courses.

Improving personal and team members skills quickly and effectively.

Udemy review by Victor H.
Victor H.

"Udemy needs to improve"

What do you like best?

I like they have $10 offers and SOME of the courses are really helpfull.

What do you dislike?

Where should I start? Ok, first: MOST of the courses says they teach something but at the end is false because the course content does not matches with the description. The courses videos are very poor, instead of videos some courses put stupid notes about the previous lesson, I have returned 50% of the courses I purchased because they do not meet expectations. You have to review really carefull each of the courses before purchasing them because most of them lie.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful before purchasing ANY of the courses, first review the course score, then the teacher profile on github if possible and read the user comments.

I can't say I have learned anything, yes, I have learned but I could had learned much more.

"Good course offerrings"

What do you like best?

Udemy offers an excellent course catalog at a fair price (Usually $10 with oftentimes many 30 - 50 % discounts. I am currently taking courses related to my professional field and what I like the best about Udemy is the structure of the course content as well as the quality of instructors. Some course I've taken have been taught by Professors at UPenn, Darden and MIT.

What do you dislike?

Not much to complain about. Its a good cheap alternative to continue your development at your own pace and liking. Also, a monthly subscription instead of per course payment would be better for regular udemy users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See the recommendations for each course by past users as their catalog is HUGE, but in short, you won't miss with this one ;)

I am currently taking courses in professional and career development (Linkedin, resume building) and ensuring my students have the up-to date information for their career planning requirements.

Udemy review by Miguel Angel A.
Miguel Angel A.

"A very concise and friendly MOOC provider."

What do you like best?

What I like the most of Udemy, compared to other MOOC providers is how it allows you to take courses at your own time with a life time access guarantee to course materials. Other MOOC sites I have used impose a time limit on you to finish courses even if you pay to get a certification. Udemy on the other hand is very flexible in this regard which is a very welcome addition for us with day jobs that demand long hours and overtime.

With Udemy I have even been able to buy access to courses for hobby related pursuits that I can just let waiting around until vacations or low days at my job, without the need to stress over a looming deadline that means I would have wasted my money.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to save local backups of course videos is probably the one thing I acually dislike about the site. That said however, Udemy's mobile application does allow you to cache the videos for off-line viewing, which offsets this issue a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to purchase a course in Udemy, check very well it's reviews and amount of enrolled students. The quality of courses can vary wildly in terms of production values and accuracy/completeness of the information provided, but so far I have had very good experience with 4.5+ stars courses, and specially those marked as "best-sellers".

I'm currently using Udemy to train in the development of Ethereum smart contracts, a skill I intend to use in the development of my thesis for a Master's Degree at Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV).

I have also used Udemy to train in video-game development with Game Maker Studio as a hobby.

Udemy review by Davor G.
Davor G.

"Knowledge available to everyone"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a best online platform where the teachers and professionals can share their knowledge and students can learn at a very low price from the best in the fields and not the chosen ones. Which course in the best is left to students to decide by giving the courses ratings and public comments. And there are also free courses and free previews of the paid courses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike only the thing that there are a small number of courses in not so popular languages. But as I can see, as of 2018. The number is rising rapidly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, there you will find a lot of great courses, and the Udemy for Business team do filter only the best ones.

That company can give all the best courses to employees to learn and to grow.

Udemy review by User in Higher Education

"Vocational training at an affordable price when you want it where you want it"

What do you like best?

A wide variety of courses. Courses for skills that are usually in high demand in the industry. Affordable ($10-$15 mostly). Lifelong access. Online. Therefore, we can take the courses when we want them (at our pace) and where we want them. Most of the courses provide source codes and examples for learning. Most of the tutors demonstrate the programs or functions on-screen using example data. Therefore, it helps in hands-on learning. This feature makes it better than learning through textbooks. If we get stuck we can always ask a question to the tutor and expect an answer quite soon. Courses are updated frequently to keep pace with the industry needs.

What do you dislike?

Not all courses offered through Udemy may be of the appropriate standard (level of depth/difficulty) that I may be looking for. Some of the courses may proclaim to be for 'all skill levels' when in fact they have some pre-requisites. I need to have some previous knowledge of the software before I can start working with them. But because of the fact that we can take them at our convenience and these courses once purchased have lifelong access, thus we can return back to the course when we think fit for our purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If someone is looking for refining their skills at least in IT/Information science, then they may take a preview at Udemy because it may have all the relevant courses. Most of these courses provide much of the information or skills needed to be successful at work at a highly affordable price. Because it is available on mobile devices too, it is helpful for someone interested in learning on the go.

I work as a scientist. The courses I take at Udemy help me supplement my skills that I acquired from my graduate coursework such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other computer languages such skills in python, SAS, etc.

Udemy review by shasank g.
shasank g.

"Want to learn something new?"

What do you like best?

They have a wide range of courses and they are really really cheap, If u want to learn something new don't fret, just try once.

What do you dislike?

The course catalogue does covers what will be taught, but sometimes the tutors get messy and they teach the same thing over and over for different configurations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you got a passion for learning my friend then you can rely on this thing. And just sit tight and try to do exactly as the instructor says.

I learned python, I got concepts of AWS and completed the spring hibernate course. It helped me in learning new technologies that I did not know before and believe me they are quite detailed.

"Udemy Review"

What do you like best?

Firstly, it is the cheapest alternative to Coursera and other online learning resources. Also, it is so easy to use and the discussion board literally has all the answers to any type of questions my students have regarding the coursework they are enrolled in. I have been told by my students that it is the best website out there for learning new programming languages if they don't need a certificate.

What do you dislike?

It is still far behind other websites like coursera but I think they can cope up if they include more renowned professors in their courses. This would really help them in rising up on the ladder amongst the big boys like Coursera and Codeacademy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would fit you if you are looking to just expand your knowledge and don't care about getting a certification.

I use it with my students at my mentoring sessions at TAMU for helping my mentees learn new courses for cheap and getting a vast resource of content.

Udemy review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Udemy is a great way to learn new skills!"

What do you like best?

I took a few different Excel courses on Udemy. I liked that each course was broken down into smaller modules which had built in quizzes to assess my learning. I like that I can pause, rewind and rewatch sections of the course to ensure that I have mastered the skills.

What do you dislike?

I wish there had been an easier way to sort through the variety of courses on Udemy to determine which best met my needs. I bought 3 different ones because I wanted to make sure I was getting everything I needed out of the courses. A more refined search function would help to make Udemy even more user friendly.

I used Udemy while in a Director of Operations role in which I had to utilize Excel for many functions I was unfamiliar with. The courses I purchased on Udemy allowed me to teach myself these critical Excel functions and also use sections of them in team meetings to get my whole team up to speed on these skills.

Udemy review by Sabbir M.
Sabbir M.

"Widen you horizon with topic concentrated courses"

What do you like best?

What I liked best is there are courses which do not require dedicated time span to complete it. There are short courses which are concentrated on specific topic. So I do not need to spend time on long courses to grab knowledge on specific area. All I can do is take the short course, complete promptly in no time and gain what I need to gain.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I didn't like then its the number of practice questions. So far the courses I have taken in udemy does not have lots of exercise questions. There are very few. I need to practice from external source. If these course had some good numbers of questions, then it would be great. Another thing is I didn't find forums to discuss with the group. There should be forum so that group of people taking the course can discuss the meterials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool for quick learning. For specific topic learning, this provides quick learning platform for the employees who are interested. The instructor is to the point, so the learning curve is very good here. You can expect to learn in a very short time.

I am using Udemy to take courses to sharpen my technical skills of programming. Topic specific short courses has really helped me to learn alot about the programming paradigms and skills to solve coding challenges and problems.

Udemy review by User in Research
User in Research

"Udemy Review"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and they offer a lot of courses at affordable prices like 10-15$ sometimes. Also, it helps my students in learning programming languages on this app together because it has discussion boards so the students can talk on the app right away. Also, it is convenient to sign in because it can use your facebook account details to login to, making it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The certificates offered don't hold much power because it is still a flourishing website and also the courses offered are not offered by people from reputed places so might not help the students in building their resume or helping that exponentially in their careers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try these if you just want the knowledge and not the certificate because they offer courses at really affordable rates.

I use it for my students to learn new software at an affordable rate.

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Good plateform to learn new things"

What do you like best?

There are large number of courses to learn new things. There are also some free courses that can be useful. The user interface is good and for each course there are good assignments for practice the concepts. And there are almost all the courses that can be useful in the professional world.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is not so good and some free courses are very sort and not understandable. Price of paid courses are very high in some cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the good platform to learn new things very easily and very user friendly to use and almost all the courses available on the site. They also provide certificates for the paid courses.

Employees can learn new things that are needed in on going project very easily and there are almost all courses to learn.

Udemy review by Benjamin W.
Benjamin W.

"FREE STUFF?? Oh and legitimate training by industry experts."

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of free coursework is phenomenal. The legitimacy of the rating system and the instructors is excellent. The policies that protect the buyer are excellent. The variety of software specific training is unmatched.

What do you dislike?

Some trainers price it ridiculously. Certain search results don't always make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider talking with professors before purchasing, often they are flexible on pricing if you are willing to make it worth their while (i.e. promotion or etc.). If you have more than a few hundred dollars in budget per year, consider the subscription employer/business plan it's amazing. FREE courses are ever changing and of high quality.

Employee training and improvement. Personal improvement and increase in my overall skillset to enhance my managerial duties. The ability to buy as a subscription for business is amazing for money savings and its a genuine benefit to employees and self.

Udemy review by Siddharth W.
Siddharth W.

"Huge Database of Courses from different fields, some of which are available for free too"

What do you like best?

A variety of courses available for every topic. You can actually take a few classes before buying the whole course.

Also, the courses are put on heavy discounts now and then, so its pretty easy to get the course you like.

What do you dislike?

The large variety of courses makes it a bit harder to find the perfect course for you. Some of these courses are marketed as great, but turn out to really bad when it comes to the instructors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anybody who wants to enhance their personal skills should really try Udemy.

I am enhancing my personal skills to implement Selenium with Java at work using Page Object Model.

In the past I have taken up courses related to Software develpoment

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Udemy - My personal tutor"

What do you like best?

I love the wide range of courses offered by Udemy. Me and My teammates are great fan of data analytics and python tutorials offered by Udemy. I often spend couple hours to go through different courses on Udemy. One particular course, Complete guide to web programming helped me to learn how to create apps within short time. I was able to meet the dead line by following the course.

What do you dislike?

I feel some courses are expensive and must be priced less than what they are listed for. I've observed that in some tutorials, the course overview is great but when it comes to the actual course, it is little boring. I felt mislead by the course overview sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great courses by great tutors. Take advantage of the coupons to save money and get access to paid tutorials.

I was able to excel in Devops skills by taking courses on Udemy. In day-today life, me and my team are required to learn new technologies in data visualization, configuration management and other Devops tools. Continuous learning and keeping up-to-date with latest technologies helps improve my performance.

Udemy review by Deirra J.
Deirra J.

"A Must Have For IT Professionals"

What do you like best?

I've been using Udemy for a little over 2 years. I love how affordable the content is. Training for IT certifications and topics can get pricey. They offer courses beyond just IT as well.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes about the site. I will say Udemy doesn't provide the extras such as practice tests, lab simulations etc but this isn't a deal breaker to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the course, there will be several different options. Be sure to research the instructors and preview the courses.

Udemy provides quality content at affordable prices and you get lifetime access to the courses. Their content library is extensive in the IT spaces as well as other topics. They have sales often where the courses are 80% - 90% discounted.

Udemy review by User

"Expensive and only money matters"

What do you like best?

I can whatever course I want and the process of payment is easy.

What do you dislike?

The negative points of it is so much more than its positive points. It hasnt happen to me but to some of my friends which made me to not go toward udemy.

one of them registered and payed very easily but then nothing happend. she couldnt access the material and at the same time she has lost the money. and there was no responsive support center that help her. I really think the prices are too high too. because you can find same material on the internet if you search well. so when you pay for something, you expect to reach something unique not something that you could find for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will mot recommend it as there is not any guarantee that every thing (from purchase to asking help from company) goes well.

I myself didnt face with problem personally but my friends whom used it were facing with problems and there was not any responsive support for them.

I needed to learn some business stuff as I am only expert in technical things. so I needed a resource that I can learn something that I never learned in my engineering school. and udemy have all the courses in itself.

Udemy review by David C.
David C.

"It Can be Good..."

What do you like best?

Wide range of topics, some great instructors out there and if you are a coach having a course on Udemy can add some credibility

What do you dislike?

They are still evolving their platform and sometimes they make changes that impact a lot of users who have no control. They also take 50% of the revenue of students they bring which seems high as they are constantly running sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a cheap course then you'll find something good. If you want to teach and know how to market then I'd avoid.

Passive income stream.

Udemy review by Fabio S.
Fabio S.

"Second-to-none online learning platform"

What do you like best?

The variety of courses you can find up there is just amazing. I'm one of those who like learning to do things by themselves and most of all I love learning by watching videos.

I took several photography courses online and it's great how much I learned. Then I found out about Udemy and I was astonished at how many courses are available for online learning.

A great thing is also the fact that the site gives out discounts and offers every day.

If I were to say what I like best: video learning makes it so fast to learn new skills! And the platform is incredibly easy to use. The user experience is nice and smooth.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I don't like is the fact that the platform itself is a bit overcrowded with video courses that seemingly teach how make video courses. They're definitely too many. So this very fact might somehow affect the overall image of the platform, possibly ending up giving some users the impression of being a bit self-promoting. I think the system and the managers should keep a bit more of an eye on this and try to limit it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you want to learn ANYTHING? Do you want to do that by the comfort of your own couch? Well Udemy's for you then :)

Video courses are a great invention and give the possibility of staying in touch with new techniques and technologies even to people who cannot find or attend local courses that meet their requirements.

Example: I live in the north of Italy, there's not a great deal of local courses here. If you want to learn something and if you want high qualified, up-to-date teaching, you definitely have to turn to online learning (I'm not talking about Universities and Education in general, I'm simply referring to personal skills, technical skills, IT skills and other professional and more specific skills development).

I can learn virtually everything on the platform. I am a teacher myself an the thing I prefer on the site is the Teacher Training dedicated section. Great!

Udemy review by Reme L.
Reme L.

"A poor excuse to an educational site"

What do you like best?

The only possible thing I could like about this site is the expansive selection, but this is a prime and shining example of quantity over quality.

What do you dislike?

The quality of courses, I have taken 2 courses with them already, the first I am pretty sure I had gotten for free, but I thought maybe it was just a more isolated case of bad author, but after taking a second I cannot see myself every returning to them, the quality of the courses were atrocious, I genuinely felt like that author came up with an idea and just hit record.

In both cases the authors spent more time thinking during the recording than anything else, there was a lot of second guessing of their own work and in the more recent course the author clearly had zero clue about the Web IDE he was using and was making glaring mistakes in the code he was writing and then making comments such as 'This is probably not going to work' or 'I do not think that is right'. That course specifically was going for $200, but I had gotten it much cheaper on promotion, but even that was an absolute waste of my money.

I would not even be able to recommend this site to my greatest enemy, this is the place you go to when you want to teach coders what NOT to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run, run as fast as you can, the only thing you will get from this site is regret, you are better off learning elswhere.

I was trying to learn new technologies and enhance the knowledge I had of other, but to of achieved that with Udemy would of been utterly impossible.

Udemy review by Nouman M.
Nouman M.

"Udemy is the Right Place to Learn Right Things in 2016"

What do you like best?

Udemy is the great tool to learn great things online. All the courses are designed by the world's best instructors with utmost dedication and zeal. When I started my first course on Udemy, I was thinking that I would find some useful stuff to learn online regarding the content marketing and web development, but i founded one of the best innovative, creative, useful and comprehensive learning material. Udemy courses have many good things which you should know including beautiful videos, practice exercises and covering all aspects of rapidly changing fields of knowledge. I can tell many things that why i like the Udemy in 2016 but truth lies in bitter reality that I searched for many years to find the great, reliable and rich online learning tool to cope the rapidly changing trends in industry and tackle my growing competitors but i couldn't finds the Udemy which proved to be my ultimate destination in the world of online learning

What do you dislike?

Some courses are quite expensive and some courses are extremely cheap.There should be delicate balance between the prices of different courses depending upon the size, quality, feedback and number of students of each course. There should be more creative and innovative courses on some popular topics regarding the content marketing which is most searched term of Google in 2016. Udemy instructors must also establish direct conversation and chat channels with the students which would proved to be great step in good direction

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must use the Udemy to learn the present growing trends in your respective industries otherwise you wouldn't be able to tackle your growing competitors. Udemy would also provide you many free and cheap courses to feed your learning appetite.

We're solving many problems with the Udemy but the most important business problems include learning the present growing trends in industry, learning how to tackle the competitors and update our existent knowledge date base .

Udemy review by Henry B.
Henry B.

"Udemy Helps us in learning new SEO trends"

What do you like best?

Udemy is the best tool to learn new SEO trends, updates and changes in the industry from leading Udemy Instructors with outstanding command on SEO topics. It's very important for me to update my SEO knowledge base to survive against my competitors. I don't have the time to read books, tutorials and books on different SEO topics but require all in one place set to learn new things related to the SEO worlds. Udemy instructors provide one of the best SEO courses which cover almost all aspects of the SEO worlds. It wouldn't have been possible without the Udemy to learn new things related to SEO and then implementing all the SEO knowledge in my own business. My company always require me to be updated and quick in all matters related to SEO and I perform my duty with great success and efficiency with the help of Udemy

What do you dislike?

Prices are expensive fro some Udemy courses and some instructors lack innovation because more repetitive stuff is also available on the Udemy. They must guide and assist their instructors in producing professional, innovate and highly effective online courses with lots of creative videos and solving exercises.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must consider Udemy as leading online tutor to learn new things and increase you command and excellency on all professional topics particularly in the field of SEO

We're solving many business problems with Udemy particularly knowledge base up-gradation, learning the new SEO trends and increasing the command on all SEO related stuff which is very important for me and my company

Udemy review by Aman A.
Aman A.

"A superb place to any course to jump into for on the job training"

What do you like best?

I have been using Udemy for a few years now. There are lots of courses available on the platform and so are the number of reviews. This gives an essence of which course to do.

The courses are exhaustive, covers lots of topics and is are very engaging

What do you dislike?

A few courses are not worth the price posted

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not finding a better suited MOOC plan

The biggest aspect is the availability of courses on the most recent subject. This helps me catch up with tech early

Udemy review by Amber E.
Amber E.

"I use UDEMY courses for specific subjects to fill in for other sites, like skillshare"

What do you like best?

The courses offered tend to be really good and offer unique subject matters. You can also see how the subject is broken down before you enroll in the courses.

What do you dislike?

The cost. Most of the courses are quite expensive and it is hard to tell which courses are of a good quality. THere is a lack of consistent quality on this site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Udemy has a load of courses on virtually every subject, which is broken down in a really clear and concise way, so that virtually every subject is covered in some way-- just make sure to check out the reviews on classes beforehand. Sometimes coupons are available if a class seems too expensive. Look at the breakdown of the course before registering to make sure the content is exactly what you are looking for.

I am a yoga teacher and I am running some workshops and sometimes I take classes to get a better understanding of a subject before running my workshops. All of the information is in one place which is really convenient.

Udemy review by Tony O.
Tony O.

"Hassle-free e-learning experience"

What do you like best?

Wide variety of courses with high production value, from food and fitness to programming and business

What do you dislike?

Lack of app support for Amazon Fire TV, requiring an alternative screencasting method for groups that ties up an additional device (say, via Chromecast)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Courses seem to constantly be on sale, so if the course you are interested in seems expensive, wait for one of their many site-wide holiday sales.

Guided learning for new skills for self-driven people without the major cost of university-based continued education.

Udemy review by Kalaivani C.
Kalaivani C.

"Best Learning Platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy to access , browse and has a very user friendly interface both for the teachers and learners, It allows you to see the courses that are suitable for your job roles and allows to self educate at your pace.

What do you dislike?

It is still a little slow and content auditing is not well developed

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should try this for your business it provides an easy and controlled access to education content out there that can be helpful for your employee

It has helped us provide affordable education for the employees in one platform and re-purpose a lot of content out there

Udemy review by Vrinda C.
Vrinda C.

"Learning made easier "

What do you like best?

The variety of courses available and the ease with which they are explained. Also the price of courses is very competitive and affordable.

What do you dislike?

The search of courses could be better and also suggestions are not always related to the field of interest

I have taken up certification courses like Six Sigma to educate myself better. It is a learning platform for me.

User in Education Management

"My learning experience in Udemy."

What do you like best?

I enrolled few of the courses in Udemy, and so far from my experience I easily understand the lessons and the Instructors are good where some of them will surely teach the specific thought of the lesson.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike about my experience is there are some of the lessons that they not fully give you the exact information or leave you your thought hanging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to everyone whose looking for a tutorial online, or wants to become a instructor online. This site has many courses offered with different categories and much of the courses are free.

It provides me the knowledge I need when I'm about to make new projects.

Udemy review by Zoltán S.
Zoltán S.

"Udemy - Where there is a training (almost) about everything"

What do you like best?

Well, where to start - 4 main things where I think Udemy is really great at:

1. Huge number of courses in so many topics (really, it is amazing how they can offer course from workouts, programming, health, big data, cyber security etc) - there is really a lot of content and there are many free courses around

2. Most of the courses have attached materials, where you can deepen your knowledge further

3. Coupons - there are sites, where you can find or get coupons for the courses, which will be a high price reduction or a 100% clearance

4. Certificate of completion, that you can use also outside the study framework (e.g. in LinkedIn)

Another pro is that you can take the courses, whenever you want - this is something that very useful to me, as if I would like to progress quicker with a topic, I can do so, but if I have lack of time I can slow down a bit, without risking my study. If you are self-paced learner, then it is a good choice.

What do you dislike?

Quantity does not always mean quality. Large number of courses, and the quality is waving a bit: I did many courses, where I found wow, such an excellent quality and some, where it was pretty hard to understand the instructor due to bad sound quality or due to terrible accent. In even more rare cases I had the feeling that the instructor lacks of knowledge of the topic he speaks about - but this is very rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usually I recommend to just simply try a product, when you have some time to spend on it. This is also the case now, but I suggest do not stop taking courses, if you are not satisfied with the quality of the first course, as the majority of the course are rather good, so try not to judge the site from one course, you easily can take 10-20 course and look into them, how those are structured, what those cover and what is their quality.

Check the online certificate, I think it is pretty cool (well, it is not an accredited course, but does show that you put serious effort into a topic).

Udemy is an online training site - with wide variety of content - for me this is the most essential part of this site: when I would like refresh my knowledge of a topic, I just take a course, easily can find free ones, and enjoy learning. As there are topics both in management and IT - which is my daily work, I can find courses to fill the missing gaps, but also can find topics related to my hobbies.

I have my own rhythm of learning, the offered self-paced learning schedule really fits with me.

Udemy review by Wasi M.
Wasi M.

"One of the best Online Portal for Education!"

What do you like best?

The UI is great, also the way they manage courses are remarkable! I like the forum discussion on courses and find it really very helpful. I would recommend and highly encourage others to enroll for the courses. These courses will boost skills to the next level!

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses are relatively expensive. And, there are some minor bugs which needs to fixed to improve the user experience and make it perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended!

Udemy helps my employees to improve their skills on different tools and subjects. I have seen high spikes of performances from many of my employees after course completion which made me trust udemy more and more.

Udemy review by Gizem G.
Gizem G.

"Great opportunities for specific tutorials!"

What do you like best?

Udemy provides you great range of tutorials. You can find lessons almost every area of your interest. I think that online learning has improved and will become more popular in the future. In Udemy, you can read every comment about the courses which makes find the best qualified course easily. If you bought a good course, course teacher always updates and helps you from the platform which is a nice feature too. Udemy's video infrastructure allows you to fasten the video so if you are already know the information being illuminated, you can easily pass there and save your time. Also almost every courses getting sales so you do not have to pay them too much you just need to wait for sales if you cant afford the original price.

What do you dislike?

Some course owners offers special features or bonuses. But they are giving those extra features only if you are going to sign up their own company website or if you give them a 5 star and comment. I think that Udemy should control these kind of tricky star winning movements in order to show their customers the real best course.

I am using Udemy for my personal development. There are lots of courses about different topics and I have learned Microsoft Office much better which helped me on my work too.

Udemy review by User in Computer Software

"Nice online course market for diverse skills."

What do you like best?

Diverse skills you can learn, like Coding, designing, and even SAP software.

There is almost nothing you can not learn from here.

Besides, the most class contain several levels so you can choose the one suitable for you.

What do you dislike?

I am taking Javascript class. However, I think the video is lacking of interaction. I would like to see the feedback to my coding work.

When I was a product manager in SAP, I want a way to learn SAP's software and framework.

I found some introduction class on Udemy and these are good video to give me a good overview.

Besides, I am learning Javascript. The flexibility Udemy provide, (no deadline class), allowing me to learn JS afterwork and during weekend.

Udemy review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Review for udemy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a brilliant website which allows people to learn about various courses and topics through lectures by well-trained instructors who can provide a much better visual representation. This comes in handy every time I have to deal with some interns who do not have the right amount of skills to work. I always tell them to look at a lecture from udemy that covers that topic.

What do you dislike?

A lot of people do not wanna pay the complete price sometimes, so it would be great if there can be more discount offers than usual or even make the popular courses free and accessible to all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot!

I have used udemy mostly for online and digital marketing courses and strategies.

"Best Online Study Tool"

What do you like best?

I like where Udemy is divided into categories for each different background. I choose web designing. I used this to help get a understanding in web development. This course greatly helped me understand creating websites better, and i also took a CSS course. The instructor that I dealt with was clearly qualified to teach the subject. They were high quality and made my learning experience positive and productive. I found that the way that they have their programs set up it made it quite easy to learn the course material.

What do you dislike?

I have two concerns, one, is the false advertising saying courses are on special for set period of time: this is not true. This just reruns with the clock count down, all of the time. It is designed to make you buy courses. The second is that some instructors will answer question and some just never do.

With this I'm developing the website better and efficient. I have also the easiest ways to develop the code and understanding the new courses. I have realized that i can do more websites with confidence and help from the instructors.

Udemy review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Online Training Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Udemy is a very simple education platform to use... with a very large library of courses.

The platform is stable and the Udemy support team is very helpful to solve any issues.

What do you dislike?

The prices of each course can vary widely from day-to-day.

The training is all run by individual trainers, so the consistency of quality can vary from course to course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can pay-per course, so it is certainly worth trying out!

It is a low cost method to train staff on specific skills.

A couple of the courses taken have greatly improved our internal processes (i.e. productivity hacks).

Since the workshops are learn-at-your-own-pace, it is easy to fit them into a busy schedule.

Udemy review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Great Resource for Expanded Learning"

What do you like best?

I really like and appreciate how Udemy offers such a plethora of learning topics. The sky is pretty much the limit with what you can learn with them. It certainly sets itself apart from a traditional learning institution where you are severely limited on the material of which you can choose to learn. I would love to see businesses like Udemy become our future of learning and growth.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there’s not much that I dislike. My experiences have been great so far; however, if I had to say one thing, I would say that I wish it were easier to find the supporting course documents. For some reason, I seem to struggle with locating them sometimes. I don’t know if it’s because I’m just overlooking them or if the instructor simply hadn’t posted them yet. But other than that, there’s nothing that I really dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, you have nothing to lose. There’s truly something for everyone there.

I have been educating myself on the human resource process pertaining to employee personnel files. I recently started a new job and right away noticed that their files weren’t right. Even though I have a background in HR, I wanted to take the time to refresh my memory, as well as, learn of any new regulations that had been put into place - so that I could apply that knowledge in reorganizing the personnel files to ensure they were accurately compliant. And that’s what I’ve been doing - the courses I’m taking have helped tremendously and I am taking the information that I am learning and applying it to my real-life situations with work.

Udemy review by Raghavender M.
Raghavender M.

"Best site to learn new technologies from the start"

What do you like best?

The course module with all the resources, links, exercises and videos. It has a good way of learning by doing methodology.

What do you dislike?

Some of the courses have outdated information. courses are not updated to the latest releases of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a place where you can learn new technologies that are difficult to learn from the technology site documentation

Developing technicals skills and get updated to the latest.

Udemy review by Sohail A.
Sohail A.

"Udemy is the great way to boost your skills and business"

What do you like best?

I'm the regular user of Udemy because I always want to learn something new from world's best digital tutors.Udemy is the connecting platform for learners and instructors. Many businesses want to establish an online presence but it's not possible without the skills especially writing skills, developing skills, designing skills, and marketing skills. Everything, you want to learn for your business success is available on Udemy. Being a Chief Editor at http://www.freelancewritingexpert.com and http://www.insurancequotesmaster.com, I always use Udemy to learn about new trends and upgrade my existing skills

What do you dislike?

Many courses on the Udemy are quite expensive which shouldn't be expensive. I've talked to many people regarding the fees of courses but they believed-Udemy should change its existing price to favor new learners especially struggling small businesses on the internet. Udemy should also upgarde its cutomer interface and learning interface bceuase there are still some confusions which should be romved in order to ensure effective and productive learning environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use this platform if you want to get succeeded in the right direction. Effective learning is very important for business success-Udemy is the right option for you whether you're business or instructor

I'm solving many business problems which include: Learning skills, keeping myself up to date, bringing innovation and interaction with the learning community. It wasn't possible without the Udemy. There're many free courses on the Udemy but their premium courses have been designed to facilitate the new customers. For example, you've no expertise in English language but you want to learn the Language as soon as possible then Udemy is the right option for you without any further logical discussion.

Udemy review by Nirmohi D.
Nirmohi D.

"Good variety of courses "

What do you like best?

They have a very diverse set of courses. I've bought 4 out of which 3 i was very impressed with. Most of the courses have a good set of reviews associated with them so its not too hard to pick a good course. They also have frequent sales so the courses can be affordable if you watch out for a sale.

What do you dislike?

The content and video quality depends on the instructor so not always the best. One out of the 4 courses i bought had great reviews but i wasn't too happy with the way the content was organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find courses with instructors a video quality known to be good - go for it. They have frequent sales, so definitely look those up before purchasing a course full price.

I started using Udemy to better my Javascript skills and the courses have been very helpful

Udemy review by ArJuN A.
ArJuN A.

"UDEMY is MOOC Learning"

What do you like best?

World’s largest online learning marketplace, Company culture, collaboration is focus at Udemy. Udemy provides tools and a market for the experts to make and sell their courses, and takes a cut of their proceeds.

The thing that makes Udemy so powerful is that you don’t have to be affiliated with an educational institution to publish and create lessons — it’s the democratization of teaching, letting students decide who they can learn the most from.

What do you dislike?

But unlike Udacity and others, Udemy isn’t too focused on providing alternatives to traditional degrees. While it does provide certificates for completing certain courses, it’s steering clear from diving into the education degree pool and having to deal with accreditation bodies and other regulations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Online learning is nothing new, but interest in it exploded a few years ago when it became clear that it could be the solution to bringing knowledge and education, even from esteemed Harvard and Stanford professors, to the masses. Udemy and others like Udacity, Pluralsight, Coursera, and Lynda.com have been racing to provide more courses, in more topics, to more people. Great platform to learn anything u wanted to.

Udemy is a two-sided marketplace bringing together people with expertise in one or more areas, and people who want to learn about a new topic or develop a new skill. Currently i am learning new skills like Selenium with JAVA and Appium with node, and other webservices courses.

Udemy review by User in Design
User in Design

"Geat for upskilling"

What do you like best?

I like best that you can see how many students are attending the course and the rating that they give the course. Gives you an indication of the quality of the content. There are also reviews from previous students which you can read. Also like the specials so you can try courses for less cost.

What do you dislike?

The courses I've done are just videos. I would of liked exercises and possibly having someone review or give feedback on the work you've done. The video content is good and fast but it seems very one directional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some very in depth video up to date content, easy to pause and continue when you like. I'd encourage to stop and start the video and practice as you go so that you let the content stick. Some great specials out there too so maybe look for some discount coupons to give it a try.

Learning new software and up skilling for my current job as a web developer. Learning Nodejs and web development in general.

Udemy review by Greg B.
Greg B.

"Fantastic place to learn new skills."

What do you like best?

The "learn at your own pace" environment works well while working on courses during breaks or downtime. There are almost always deals, either sales through Udemy or course bundles elsewhere, so you never have to pay anywhere near the asking price listed on Udemy's site. There is a vast number of courses and topics covered, so there's always something new to learn. Most of the instructors I've encountered have been very professional and knowledgeable on the topics they were teaching. There is no subscription available, but you get unlimited access to all of the courses you pay for.

What do you dislike?

Some of the projects are a little too cookie cutter. The courses I've completed have all had some sort of outdated information in them. Sometimes its difficult to get a project working even when you follow the steps completely. Instructor feedback isn't always timely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a subscription site like Lynda, but the courses are very affordable. There are usually deals going on so you'll never have to pay full price on a course.

I've learned new skills and refined existing skills. This keeps me on top of the ever-changing world of development. Because the courses are so affordable, I don't have to worry about getting a reimbursement from my company, even though I could very well do so. I can then share this knowledge with my coworkers, utilizing new skills and techniques to improve the quality of our product.

Udemy review by User in Higher Education

"Budget friendly online learning platform"

What do you like best?

1. Most of the courses are budget friendly(less than $15 per course).

2. Learn anything (You will find courses for the wide range of topics ).

3. Get a completion certificate for all the enrolled courses.

4. You can ask your queries to Instructor directly. (VERY HELPFUL)

5. Bookmark Important slides in a video(Good for revising)

What do you dislike?

1. The Navigation to the reviews of already enrolled courses is too complex.

2. There is no easy way to forward and backward a video. Why not use conventional SHIFT + ARROW?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Budget-friendly good courses on the wide range of Topics.

(Definitely recommended but choose courses wisely, check the reviews first and then pay)

Growing my Knowledge and skill sets to apply it in the real world.

(Have enrolled me in more than 10 courses of VLSI field )

Udemy review by Damien L.
Damien L.

"Awesome learning platform"

What do you like best?

The platform was good at the beginning, but since they add (and fix) the support of offline courses on iOS and Android, I'm completely addicted to Udemy (I bought 65 courses just last year...).

I can learn every day in the London tube or during my travels without any Wi-Fi or 3G/4G :)

I like the number of courses available in a lot of domain like the mobile app or Web development, languages, personal development, productivity, etc.

I use 90% of the time the mobile app but the website is also excellent. I just wait now the Apple TV app :)

What do you dislike?

When Udemy started to add the offline support on the mobile app, I found a lot of issues with the download of the videos, played it when I was offline, etc. but after 1 month and many releases, they fixed it and now I enjoy to learn when I'm commuting!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to create an account, add some courses in your wishlist and wait for the newsletter with some discount.

Every month, you can buy a lot of courses for only £9 when the average price is £200 or £300!

You need also to check platforms like StackSocial to find some Udemy bundle deals with 5 or 6 courses for only £10.

I don't have the time to learn at home or at the office and Udemy solved this with the mobile apps, offline mode to use it on the train, tube, aircraft.

I'm now able to improve my professional profile, learn new languages (Swift, Java, Ruby, React), improve my skills in design, etc.

Udemy review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"Good place to acquire some skills"

What do you like best?

The large diversity of course offerings is a plus. If you want to get into any form of Tech field then Udemy is the place to go. They offer basic to advance and the response to questions from instructors and other students is great.

One thing that is different from other platforms are the people teaching, hey may not be with a university but they have a strong background in the subject they teach. This makes for good practical insight into the content and the materials.

I like the ability to keep track of your progress through the course.

The price structure is not out of reach especially since they are often offer discounts on courses, so a class that may be $199 one month may be on sale the next for say $49. This really makes getting a skill achievable. The free classes are often good introductions into subjects and skills.

What do you dislike?

One thing that would make learning at Udemy better is if they added more quizzes or course work. This is one thing lacking, I have noticed that a few courses adding them, however they still do not provide enough challenge.

Watch out for some of the free classes. A number I have taken were not that great, some seem to be things found on YouTube. Others while good do not actually provide enough information, they want you to buy access to an actual basic course. I get the need to pay for a product but if you do not really want to give it away do not pretend to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be cautious about free classes, you get what you pay for sometimes. Read the reviews carefully before you pay for a class, make sure it is going to give you what you want and need. Taking a few free classes at first will give you a good feel for pacing and what you will need to do make the information stick.

This is a good place to gain some skills that in the long term can help make you and a company a better place.

Udemy review by Keari E.
Keari E.

"Great selection of courses"

What do you like best?

Viewing courses on Udemy has always been a very enjoyable experience. I always know where I left off, I can take notes, and the video quality is terrific. I also love that I link to my Udemy certifications from LinkedIn. I usually choose courses based on the amount of reviews it has and the overall rating and so far that tactic has been working well for finding great content.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that most of the web development courses are geared towards beginners. I wish there was more advanced content. And like others have mentioned, I wish there were more quizzes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose content carefully by looking at the reviews and watching sample content. Don't purchase a lot of content at one time--buy a course, finish that course and then look for the next item.

I have been able to fill in gaps in my knowledge through my use of Udemy.

Udemy review by Luca P.
Luca P.

"Excelent"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of training courses, and you can teach too. If you desire a course, it is probably that this course exists in Udemy.

What do you dislike?

You have to be careful with the courses, because anyone can teach in this courses, so search before buy.

I made a course for the requisition of the PMP exam.

Udemy review by Maud K.
Maud K.

"Wide variety and in-depth class"

What do you like best?

The depth of content. The Complete Web Developer course assumes you know nothing and goes into great detail in chunked segments. There are "cheat sheets" to help you remember what you've learned, and you can always go back to older lessons for review, particularly useful after a long absence. Also, they seem to have frequent coupons or discounts available making the courses affordable.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything so far, but I would like it better if there were more opportunities to test myself on what I'm learning--both as I learn it and later with other concepts I've learned. I've played around with Code.org and really liked the format where you can try things and it tells you if you're right or wrong and you can keep trying til you get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am using this product as a single user--it is not rolled out company wide. As a single user, I find it to be very easy to use and I like being able to go back a few lessons to review what I've forgotten since there are often long breaks between lessons. The class is extremely thorough and I'm looking forward to trying others.

None yet, but I want to understand what is happening behind the scenes with some of the software I'm using so I can troubleshoot problems. I'd like to come up with solutions to some of the missing functionality in Confluence or understand how to make things look the way I want in Jive html mode.

Udemy review by lavanya s.
lavanya s.

"dependable source of learning"

What do you like best?

i took a basic vba course on Udemy and while i found other online educators to just explain the concepts briefly, the course here was very thorough and delivered clearly.

What do you dislike?

the cost of the cost can be cut down since there are a lot of others sources which provide this course at lesser fee or even at no cost. Also, the user interface can be improved for smartphones

Recommendations to others considering the product

would recommend to everyone want to learn on the go and wanting flexibility plus good content.

its always good to have an edge over your colleagues so i took a course in VBA, Udemy made it really really flexible and i learned what i wanted to without wasting extra hours.

Udemy review by Connor R.
Connor R.

"Get Tutorials"

What do you like best?

The UI on your videos are step up very nicely the manner of the page scrolling down to the next video after you have complete one was a nice touch. It was also nice that there was a check list to know what you have watch after coming back a few days later.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it is a pay per lesson website I would rather pay per month and be able to see more videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other than a monthly subscription. Everything looks great.

I was able to learn a new program in a day making it so I had less time studying the program and more time completing the task I was given.

Udemy review by Dicle B.
Dicle B.

"Huge quality difference between numerous courses"

What do you like best?

Variety of courses are nice, you have always more than one choices for one topic.

You can find discounts always even if you can not find any, if you wait one or two weeks, the course you are looking for will be on sale absolutely.

Useful interface makes easier to follow the course, course dashboard is nice so you can always up to date also when the course instructor makes an announcement, udemy e mails it to you so you can always be updated about current news about the course.

You can buy really good courses for a cup of coffee money, which is really great for accessing information for everyone.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of garbage courses only focused to make money but nothing more.

Some good courses are overpriced and get not enough discount so you can not buy them.

Sometimes comments are may be deceptive.

Assignment system is not really effective like Teamtreehouse etc. It would be great if Udemy can improve that system and course instructors may really make difference and make users learn better.

I have used Udemy for architectural design courses which were great. I have been learning a lot of tricks about architecture. It will be helpful for my job ı believe.

Udemy review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great for Supplemental Learning"

What do you like best?

Single courses focused on in-depth learning on different topics. Many of the standalone free courses serve as a great introduction to decide whether you want to do a paid course with more in depth material. The usage of audiovisual, forums for students and instructors, as well as attached documents and syllabi in different courses make the format really interactive. Another perk is that they also run a lot of specials and discounts on different courses.

What do you dislike?

Not all courses carry the same quality. Not all instructors provide the same quality of depth or interaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this as a way to supplement another in depth curriculum-based program, but not as a primary means of seeking a skill.

I am learning to code in order to create my own website for my business. So far, I am still in the process of learning.

Udemy review by S. Gamze E.
S. Gamze E.

"Udemy has great range of courses about everything"

What do you like best?

Udemy has great range of course source about everything. I like that these courses are available for everyone with discounts because Udemy gives discounts in short range of times. Also it supports coupon system so you can even get some courses for free. In Udemy I think that you can be instructor if you trust enough your teaching skills, you can earn pretty good money too.

Also, you can refund your money if you do not want to use the course.

What do you dislike?

Despite the broad course range, there are a lot of poor quality courses and it is sometimes can be disappointment if you do not check the course quality enough. Especially courses other than English language should be checked by Udemy because they are less quailty then the English ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always double check the courses and often do search about the topic on the search engines for finding the best, always find udemy links so I suggest people that looking for comments carefully and wait for the best prices or search for the coupons in order to get the courses for the last price.

I took some office tricks courses in udemy in order to improve my work efficiency. I think that the courses containing tricks and shortcuts can be beneficial for business too.

Udemy review by Alonso P.
Alonso P.

"A Good Platform to learn"

What do you like best?

I like how many topics have the platform to learn Web programming, Mobile Programming and other subjects that are not necessary about programming, there are so many more like business, Design, Music and Even Idioms.

What do you dislike?

The good part is the diversity, the opposite side is there are so many course that they have to be paid to watch them .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want another way to learn, get in, and maybe you have the motive but not the way to learn so have this platform as a guide to getting better on your project or anything else, it is good way

I'm learning about web development and game development and I've learned some elements at first I didn't know and I applied in some projects

Udemy review by Ceyda A.
Ceyda A.

"No More Borders for Learning"

What do you like best?

Udemy offers thousands of tutorials about hundreds of topic and providing these courses for a coverable prices. Even if the course has no discount, you can wait until the course is on sale. I like its interface makes easier to find anything else quickly. It's very easy to pick the good tutorials by looking up for comments. Also Udemy offers people to earn some side income. It's a great opportunity. Some course owners knows how to attract people and with just a coffee money, you can really learn something priceless.

What do you dislike?

I think that there are a lot of poor courses that are only focused on making money. Therefore, people taking courses too superficial, or they are extending the videos by expressing very very basic steps ( like "you can open the new file by clicking File -> New File or you can just use shortcut" etc.). Those kind of courses should be controlled by Udemy's staff. Also I think that you should have rights to refund if you did not completed %10 of the course anytime. But they are providing just limited time for refunding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you should definitely read comments like until 2 or 3 page(if it s available) and I am also looking for videos length if they are too long and not divided in pieces, I probably do not choose those kind of courses.

I am using Udemy for improving my programming skills and especially about SEO. Taking courses from Udemy improved my knowledge about my job and make me feel comfortable of my area.

Udemy review by Amir N.
Amir N.

"Huge selection of courses, inconsistent quality"

What do you like best?

Udemy offers a huge selection of courses in a variety of subjects, including the most trending topics.

Some free courses available.

Most courses have very detailed information about the course and the instructor.

Students' ratings and reviews are available.

You usually get support from the course instructor.

The interface is very easy to use.

Most courses have a free intro and few free lessons.

You can make your own course and publish it on the Udemy platform.

prices are very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Courses quality varies. I have taken only about 4 or 5 courses on Udemy and while some were good the others weren't.

You have to do your research before enrolling in a course by using the rating system (make sure there are enough students who rated the course). Also, check the free intro to be able to assess the instructor.

Personally, I prefer online courses from pro instructors from sites like Lynda, pluralsight or others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the free courses.

do a research bebore enrolling (users reviews and course intro)

check deals and discounts.

With such a large selection of courses, you are sure to find the course you need, so, Udemy is a handy resource to have for your professional education.

A good place to check for course on new subjects which other online courses sites still do not offer.

They do offer many deals and discounts, worth to check before enrolling to a course.

Udemy review by Benjamin Y.
Benjamin Y.

"Great Learning Online Course Tool! "

What do you like best?

The overall format for these online courses are very good! You browse for specific courses in a specific subject (i.e. Music, Development, etc.) and find the courses there.

What do you dislike?

Some of the prices of the courses that are offered by instructors are overpriced; however Udemy has sent upcoming news that the course fees will be lower in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an enjoyable platform and I would recommend it for those who enjoy online classes and coursework.

I am using this platform mainly to not only review my skills in Web development, but also for other possible educational platforms, such as Microsoft Office applications. They offer a variety of topics from music to test prep, and others!

Udemy review by Haince Denis P.
Haince Denis P.

"Amazing learning experience"

What do you like best?

The courses on Big Data are really cool. There are both free and paid courses, although I have taken the free courses only. The courses are very helpful. The videos are very informative and up to the mark when it comes to the quality of the content.

What do you dislike?

The courses are more like quick crash courses. Although I do not exactly not like them as they helped me go through stuff really fast. But some users might find it annoying as the things covered are really precise and without quizzes mostly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Awesome platform. Ideal product for quick learners.

Learning new big data technologies for my research project and professional development.

Udemy review by Nati A.
Nati A.

"A great learning platform"

What do you like best?

The quantity and quality of content in all areas, the courses are very specific and relevant in the design area. It's probably the best learning platform out there.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it works just fine. If anything, maybe the fact that you cannot know the instructor's real experience unless it is someone famous in the field.

Learning new programs in the design area, such as Sketch, Framer.js. I've recommended it to colleagues for learning stuff in the Finantials area.

Udemy review by Tikum Tacho T.
Tikum Tacho T.

"Udemy as a Leanring Platform"

What do you like best?

The manner in which learning content is presented and the support system it allows for its participants to benefit from.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the courses could sometimes be very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you seek to hone your skills and build competencies at on your pace bases then Udemy is the platform for you. IT has a very strong support community that is peer-to-peer and peer-to-instructor driven.

Building competencies to improve my ability to resolve current business problems as well as build content that I use to nurture students.

Udemy review by André H.
André H.

"Building my career from learning on Udemy"

What do you like best?

Lots of content in my field. Regular sales to get courses at reduced prices. Lots of reviews from public on courses. I'm able to change quality of videos which means I can watch a constant stream of video on a slow bandwidth speed.

What do you dislike?

Anyone can be an instructor and not all instructors are good. I need to be very self motivated to stick to good progress with a course mainly because there is too much freedom - courses are lifetime.

I've signed up for courses that will raise my level from an intermediate WordPress Designer/Developer to a more experienced one. The main benefit is that I don't have to get a degree to learn what I want.

Udemy review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Manage your expectations; not a shortcut to mastery"

What do you like best?

It certainly is cheap and there's a low barrier to entry to wanting to learn about something and going for it.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to quality-control what you're getting. But you have to remember it's hard to spend $10 and get an education that guarantees your mastery of a subject.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it if there are no recent, well-reviewed ebooks on the subject you want to learn, and if you're not facing a time crunch. If you're facing a timecrunch, pay an expert to teach you.

I needed to learn some actionable information about Google Adwords, I spent $10 and I was able to learn enough to get started.

Udemy review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Easy to use learning site"

What do you like best?

The layout of each course...the chapter format...

What do you dislike?

So many course to choose from. Too many! ...and to monetize the site, they have to accept that many, I guess. It would be better if it was curated a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make some courses available for only a limited amount of time..It would create value if they are only accessible for a finite window, as opposed to always available. I would also limit the number of "free" course you make available. That could devalue your product.

I learned about social media management and investing on the site. Two of my challenges. I gained better insight from each, and wanted to go deeper.

Udemy review by Hope G.
Hope G.

"Udemy Great Source for Business People"

What do you like best?

I like that the website provides excellent searchability for courses. The courses are rated and well organized. there are often sales. The learning is great so far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Sometimes courses with lower rating are featured courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make overall price more approachable.

As a business professional living in a moderate sized community, I am unable to access the university level courses I might like. Udemy helps me learn new business related skills.

Udemy review by Sergio G.
Sergio G.

"Estupenda herramienta de aprendizaje"

What do you like best?

Lo que mas me gusta de Udemy es la cantidad de cursos de todas las materias. Ademas, muchísimos cursos gratuitos.El seguimiento de los tutores es otro punto muy positivo de Udemy.

What do you dislike?

A veces es complicado saber si un curso se adapta completamente a lo que necesitas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Udemy a todas las personas que quieran seguir formándose en cualquier materia.

Udemy nos permite realizar cursos para adaptarnos a nuevas tecnologías que requiera los proyectos.

"Udemy"

What do you like best?

I like that you can watch the lectures at your own pace. You can also rewind the video so you can rewatch certain parts if you have trouble understanding the first time. It is also good when the instructor has downloadable materials such as code that you can try to work on on your own. Udemy helped me to understand object oriented programming through Udemy much more than any video tutorials found on line. This is because Udemy is an entire series not just one video out a few videos in a playlist.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were projects the lecturer would ask you to work on at the end of a chapter or section of lectures that tested your skills on what you've just learned. Some Udemy courses have quizzes but they are not challenging since they are just multiple choice questions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always read the reviews before buying a class. Create Ann account, wishlist all the classes you want to take, and wait till you get emails with promotional code so you can get the class for $10. They send promo codes at least once a week.

I'm trying to become a full stack web developer. Udemy has been a great resource to learn the foundational tools and way thinking like a programmer.

Udemy review by User in Internet

"Udemy: E-Learning Platform Review"

What do you like best?

I have taken courses in trading and cooking a lot. I like the arrangement of the topics separate playlists of short videos that avoid it from becoming boring. Great platform to take online courses.They've got a great app along with the website.

What do you dislike?

Their search tool needs to be more efficient. Some courses are a bit over-charged and their prices change constantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, give it a try during its discount period. Its courses are worth it!

E-learning, personal development., Testing, Certification, Skill-enhancement,

User in Education Management

"Wide range of topics, often on sale for less than $20."

What do you like best?

The courses I have accessed have been put together very well. Much more than tutorials. Also, they are regularly updated.

Combined with the site often having sales it is easy to pick up a wide range of educational topics.

What do you dislike?

Because courses are created by a wide range of people, you never know what the quality is going to be like.

I use Udemy primarily to pick up new technologies that I use for hobbies. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it for professional skill building.

Udemy review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Udemy Review"

What do you like best?

I really liked the online aspect of the courses. Also the free courses helped a bunch when I was trying to get into programming. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

This was not a problem inherently with the site, but my motivation to finish these courses were always so fickle. It was mainly an issue on me, but online courses are very easy to just dismiss and forget about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Id recommend for people to stick with it, Its often times very easy to stop being motivated with online coursework.

I am just trying to become a self taught programmer, and having free online courses was a great addition. It is very hard when there are so many outlets to get this info, so when you start out it can seem overwhelming. A site where alot of the content can be easily accessed is definitely a benefit.

Udemy review by Divyanshu S.
Divyanshu S.

"More affordable but equally good as coursera"

What do you like best?

I like all the sales and promotions they run so often. I love some of the instructors on their website.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that they don't offer certificates and licences of the same significance as coursera.

Education, self learning, skill enhancement.

User in Education Management

"Quality education at an affordable cost!"

What do you like best?

I love the variety of courses and instructors. The review section helps me figure out what course to take.

What do you dislike?

No complaints, really. Sure would be nice if I could download the course videos... I don't have good internet at home, so I have to watch the videos from my local library.

We're a small staff at the college. And we need quality graphics for social media promotions. Udemy is helping me with that and my freelancing gigs.

Udemy review by Juan Ignacio C.
Juan Ignacio C.

"Love to learn with udemy"

What do you like best?

I love the organization of all the courses that i have made. I like how udemy stores a lot of categories of education.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything it's really good, you can learn a lot of things easily

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to use it if you want to learn something of every kind of things . You may consider that it has a lot of discount every week and month that you should use to get started in some paid course, but it's ok to see some of the free courses .

I use it to learn different thigs that helps me to develop software

Udemy review by Nikhil S.
Nikhil S.

"all the learning you can do in one place!"

What do you like best?

i'll be honest, I like doing courses on Udemy primarily because there UI is extremely slick. I use it to learn excel and so far the experience has been great. They use all kinds of tools from video lectures to gifs to notes for explaining things which makes it easier to learn.

What do you dislike?

They should roll out samples of courses so that people can decide if the course is right for them before paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to learn. Go for it

Improving my excel skills sitting at home.

Udemy review by Mary Ann M.
Mary Ann M.

"Huge variety of quality courses "

What do you like best?

I use it for my business and refer coaching clients to be an accountant to upgrade their Excel or my hairdresser

What do you dislike?

A few courses have disappointed me but the overall quality and cost cannot be beat

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel like learning something new with some structure vs. a Youtube video, this is for you.

I've learned about email marketing, various coaching philosophies, and many others.

Udemy review by Kaushal T.
Kaushal T.

"Best for Learning New Thing"

What do you like best?

It is the best platform to learn and discover new thing. It contains lots of courses of various fields. It has best design.And it provides life time access to the courses.You can also download videos and watch it online .

What do you dislike?

Most of the courses are paid and Videos are slow and lots of buffering. Content of the course should be more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best site to learn new things.

i learnt lots of things on this web site.

Udemy review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best for begineers as well as pros!"

What do you like best?

It provides almost all kind of languages that you want to learn,and many of them are even free of cost. There are many authors for single course.

What do you dislike?

At times the course are costly and we.cant afford that. It price is high.

Its view is standard and user friendly. A non-tech person can also easily access it. Its a great platform to earn more and more money.

Udemy review by Duane W.
Duane W.

"Simple implementation of training material"

What do you like best?

I loved that I could create and share training materials with my contractors in a way more inline with traditional training, despite the fact that we are spread across the country. Much more effective than my previous method of sending over a million PDFs.

I liked the ability to quiz on material

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Was easy to use and priced right.

I'm more organized in my training and can ensure that the material is being retained with testing. Before I just sent over manuals and hoped for the best.