UltiPro

UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s cloud payroll solution, UltiPro, helps people simplify work, and helps organizations increase engagement and productivity across their global workforce.

Work for UltiPro?

UltiPro review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The Ultimate Experience - An update

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a shorter amount of time. We are able to create reports to give to upper management, department heads and supervisors in a timely fashion versus our previous HRIS system. We have the ability to onboard employees with little worry and the software is cloud-based so we don't have to worry about will we be able to get it to open on a machine in any of our offices. There is so much we can do that it is makes me think why did we wait so long to upgrade systems!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could have from the UltiPro/Ultimate Software system is a dedicated icon on my smartphone where I could load my system administration abilities versus logging into the web to get there. But the great news is that we are testing the Mobile app next week! It is finally become a reality so I won't be able to say there is anything I don't like about the program. Other than that, which is more of a want than a dislike, I believe the system is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at UltiPro you should remember that you are choosing a system for more than just the cost, you are looking at the system saving your staff time and effort. This system has allowed us to save both of these for the same price as what other systems would have cost us.

We are solving issues such as: overtime abuse; going from a paper environment to a paperless environment; improving the tracking of attorney bar information; and finally, understanding staffing issues in our offices.

The benefits we have realized have included: electronic file feeds for our employee benefits; paperless paychecks and open enrollment, to name just some of the benefits we have accomplished.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UltiPro
UltiPro review by <span>Jeana D.</span>
Jeana D.

Ultimate Software

What do you like best?

Our organization has over 120 HR/payroll operators working in over 40 companies/FEINs, and although we are standardized, we are decentralized in terms of the HR and payroll operators. With UltiPro, we have centralized access to real-time data that empowers strategic planning and decision making. UltiPro gives us the information about our people and locations that is used in determining the current condition of the organization and to highlight areas for opportunities to move us forward.

What do you dislike?

We have users in both the back office and the web product. Ultimate continues to develop the web product so back office functionality is moving to the web, making work easier. However, there are still tasks that are somewhat easier and faster in the back office, but there are now functions on the web that are more efficient than the back office. Presently, we are using two web based products, specifically UTA and Recruitment that have upgraded versions available, but our migration continues to be delayed, both for over a year with no ETA in sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are thoroughly ready for your implementation by knowing what your expectations are and what you want to achieve by going with UltiPro. It's important to be confident in the implementation team, making sure they understand your needs and your organization. We had to commit more resources from our corporate and HR/payroll teams after implementation than anticipated, but that's with moving from a service bureau to a SaaS environment.

Prior to implementing UltiPro, we have difficulty gathering centralized data on our organization. Now, we not only can access the data needed to realize HR trends and basic data, we can better control how data is recorded to provide consistency across the organization. Being a federal contractor, consistency and accuracy are of the utmost importance in being able to demonstrate the organization's stewardship of the funding granted. Also, the ability to import data from other vendors and export data via USED is a great help. Web Services is also being used to keep our active directory in sync with the actual active population.

What Core HR solution do you use?

UltiPro review by <span>Jaime M.</span>
Jaime M.

Ultipro is highly intuitive and combustible

What do you like best?

Ultipro is highly intuitive and the user experience customizing the app is simple a helpful, it is full of features and functionality, ultimo has a great look and feel the application has been wisely designed and you can follow complex steps without even noticed and achieved a general goal thru all the company, Ultipro is simple and easy to use and full of great and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Time off request is not great too much detail information on it, I would like to see a better template to fill out the time off request, I would like to obtain better reports of general aspect of the company, results and goals achieved by the work force within the organization, Ultipro might be lacking an API the allow internal apps extract and post information, this will make a huge plus the attach processed to the key goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The payroll and HR management that gives solutions instead of headaches.

General portal, job certification, benefits, salaries, responsive, excellent mobile app and web security management, this is not just to handle time off, you can communicate and keep track of the important event of the company using the great and vast amount of features of the web application and the mobile app, the employees are getting the habit to resolve their questions using Ultipro before contacting HR, this is great in HR resource and investing their time bringing new ideas and solutions to the organization.

UltiPro review by <span>Danielle P.</span>
Danielle P.

Big Fan of the Ultimate Software System and it’s People

What do you like best?

We love the ability to be able to customize the system for our business needs. We have been able to brand our system to our company. The system is very intuitive; even our not so savvy computer people can manage their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The system itself is very easy to use and works fantastic, from time management, to payroll, to paying our taxes and creating amendments, to performance management and reviews. It is one stop shopping for us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

The interfaces can be long and daunting, but we have found solutions for those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend UltiPro to any company. The system is fantastic, it does exactly what you see in the demos, the reporting is amazing, and the people at the company are knowledgeable and helpful.

We had so many great items resolved when moving to Ultipro. Here are just a few:

We were able to consolidate multiple databases and reduce hours of auditing between the systems.

We were able to expedited onboarding without the need to send new hire paperwork via FedEx,

We gained fantastic reporting capabilities we did not have before. This reporting includes bursting reports to report owners on schedules, sending out form letters to employees, and much much more. Huge time savings.

We have been able to link our performance management with our Compensation and Salary review for one comprehensive cycle.

UltiPro review by <span>Jaronika D.</span>
Jaronika D.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

The Ultimate Experience - A New Perspective

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a more realistic timeframe. The end user experience has enhanced the usage of our HR applications when compared to the past. The real-time information including reports and dashboards is more aligned with our other systems.The ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. The ease of use with the Core HR applications has made a great impact on our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of limitations with the workflows (business processes) and the learning application (Schoox). I think there is a lot of opportunity with the learning application from and administrative perspective because there is limited functionality when compared to other learning applications. The ability to be able to create an ad hoc business process and have more flexibility around the approvers org levels would be great. The ability to see all compensation history from one place for all employees would be a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering UltiPro. I would ask the hard questions and really get under the hood of the car, so to speak. For a company with a Safety culture and very specific requirements around learning. I would source multiple options to compare. UltiPro Learning is still in its infancy and it was not quite developed enough to be delivered. While the overall customer service experience is good, there are still some internal issues with customer service when dealing with certain modules. The compensation reporting is not as intuitive and easy to navigate.

We are working on going from a paper environment to a paperless and email environment. The ability for all of our new hires to being their employment utilizing a system that integrates is a great thing. Our payroll team is able to reduce the complete the payroll process. The integration with internal business systems and other applications has reduced the amount of time spent on the manual processes. The demographic footprint of our business has allowed us to rollout things like benefit enrollment, compensation management, and onboarding seamlessly.

UltiPro review by <span>Colleen S.</span>
Colleen S.

UltiPro- Definitely a winning solution

What do you like best?

One of the best things about UltiPro is having Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time Management under one single login and site. I log in each morning either as a Super Admin or a Payroll Admin and Processing Only depending on where I need to be. It is fairly easy to lookup answers to questions I may have or view one of the Quick Tours and Tips which is right at my finger tips. I don't have to look very far to be exactly where I need to be. Also the Rapid Response team is incredible. They are very knowledgeable and work so hard to resolve issues quickly. Follow up is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about UltiPro is actually a positive for Ultimate Software. They are growing so very fast and need more help. The Tax Service is slower resolving and completing cases than I would like to see. Also some of the reconciling reports could be better. It is sometimes difficult to match up credit and debits with our bank account. More detail would be awesome. Sorry one more thing- navigating in Customer Service Portal isn't the best. When you open case attachments you have to close and go back to the beginning to enter the case again from the start instead of remaining within the case when you close the attachment. And when calculating an instant check before you need to start the next payroll batch, you have to start the payroll, enter the instant check and then undo all processes just in case an employee makes a change to their record that will affect the next payroll. The start and undo process is a little frustrating. Payroll registers with year to date numbers along with the payroll period would be nice too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimate Software is a great company to work with. I do suggest making sure you plan out to go live on January 1st. Do not try to bring over year to date numbers like with did with a October 1st go live date. Make sure you have plenty of time to validate and verify everything in the implementation process. There is nothing easy about implementation no matter what company you are doing business with. This may have been smoother if our implementation manager had more face to face time with us as the customer. Trying to do everything long distance doesn't always produce the end result you would like. More training up front.

I am a one person payroll department for over 1500 employees so UltiPro is easier for me to use and I feel very confident about the accuracy of the calculations. The benefit for our company is that they can still get by with only one of me (for now). Having everything I need in one place is so very helpful. There are other things I could ask for to make processing payroll even more user friendly but I am so much happier with UltiPro than our previous HRIS/Payroll system that I feel pretty good about this gift.

Learn more about UltiPro

UltiPro Videos

Learning about UltiPro?

* We monitor all UltiPro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.