UltiPro

UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s cloud payroll solution, UltiPro, helps people simplify work, and helps organizations increase engagement and productivity across their global workforce.

Work for UltiPro?

Learning about UltiPro?

UltiPro Reviews

Ask UltiPro a Question
Showing 791 UltiPro reviews
UltiPro review by Allison B.
Allison B.

"The Ultimate Experience - An update"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a shorter amount of time. We are able to create reports to give to upper management, department heads and supervisors in a timely fashion versus our previous HRIS system. We have the ability to onboard employees with little worry and the software is cloud-based so we don't have to worry about will we be able to get it to open on a machine in any of our offices. There is so much we can do that it is makes me think why did we wait so long to upgrade systems!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could have from the UltiPro/Ultimate Software system is a dedicated icon on my smartphone where I could load my system administration abilities versus logging into the web to get there. But the great news is that we are testing the Mobile app next week! It is finally become a reality so I won't be able to say there is anything I don't like about the program. Other than that, which is more of a want than a dislike, I believe the system is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at UltiPro you should remember that you are choosing a system for more than just the cost, you are looking at the system saving your staff time and effort. This system has allowed us to save both of these for the same price as what other systems would have cost us.

We are solving issues such as: overtime abuse; going from a paper environment to a paperless environment; improving the tracking of attorney bar information; and finally, understanding staffing issues in our offices.

The benefits we have realized have included: electronic file feeds for our employee benefits; paperless paychecks and open enrollment, to name just some of the benefits we have accomplished.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UltiPro
UltiPro review by Jeana D.
Jeana D.

"Ultimate Software "

What do you like best?

Our organization has over 120 HR/payroll operators working in over 40 companies/FEINs, and although we are standardized, we are decentralized in terms of the HR and payroll operators. With UltiPro, we have centralized access to real-time data that empowers strategic planning and decision making. UltiPro gives us the information about our people and locations that is used in determining the current condition of the organization and to highlight areas for opportunities to move us forward.

What do you dislike?

We have users in both the back office and the web product. Ultimate continues to develop the web product so back office functionality is moving to the web, making work easier. However, there are still tasks that are somewhat easier and faster in the back office, but there are now functions on the web that are more efficient than the back office. Presently, we are using two web based products, specifically UTA and Recruitment that have upgraded versions available, but our migration continues to be delayed, both for over a year with no ETA in sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are thoroughly ready for your implementation by knowing what your expectations are and what you want to achieve by going with UltiPro. It's important to be confident in the implementation team, making sure they understand your needs and your organization. We had to commit more resources from our corporate and HR/payroll teams after implementation than anticipated, but that's with moving from a service bureau to a SaaS environment.

Prior to implementing UltiPro, we have difficulty gathering centralized data on our organization. Now, we not only can access the data needed to realize HR trends and basic data, we can better control how data is recorded to provide consistency across the organization. Being a federal contractor, consistency and accuracy are of the utmost importance in being able to demonstrate the organization's stewardship of the funding granted. Also, the ability to import data from other vendors and export data via USED is a great help. Web Services is also being used to keep our active directory in sync with the actual active population.

What Core HR solution do you use?

UltiPro review by Katie N.
Katie N.

"Adequate for basic functions. Clunky interface, not a 'Wow' experience"

What do you like best?

Basic functionality is sufficient--you can access HR documents, and when you get used to navigating the clunky interface it does surface benefit information.

Works okay for the most basic functions (i.e. submit time-off request, view employee handbook, view most recent pay stub).

I do like that you can favorite specific pages and thereby customize your version of the menu.

What do you dislike?

Overall just difficult to navigate and unintuitive; general feeling of cheap / shoddiness

The search doesn't really seem to function.

Very difficult for hourly employees to enter time worked (worst of the ~5 systems I've used).

Goal creation / assignment system is needlessly overcomplicated.

Logging in and out is always a pain (ex. if your login times out, the next login will fail! Why? I have no idea!)

Insourcing our formerly outsourced HR, saving money. It doesn't seem to have any actual advantage over other HR software we've used in the past--i.e. we weren't able to take any complex functions online that we couldn't in the past. Just cheaper, as far as I know.

UltiPro review by Jaime M.
Jaime M.

"Ultipro is highly intuitive and combustible "

What do you like best?

Ultipro is highly intuitive and the user experience customizing the app is simple a helpful, it is full of features and functionality, ultimo has a great look and feel the application has been wisely designed and you can follow complex steps without even noticed and achieved a general goal thru all the company, Ultipro is simple and easy to use and full of great and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Time off request is not great too much detail information on it, I would like to see a better template to fill out the time off request, I would like to obtain better reports of general aspect of the company, results and goals achieved by the work force within the organization, Ultipro might be lacking an API the allow internal apps extract and post information, this will make a huge plus the attach processed to the key goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The payroll and HR management that gives solutions instead of headaches.

General portal, job certification, benefits, salaries, responsive, excellent mobile app and web security management, this is not just to handle time off, you can communicate and keep track of the important event of the company using the great and vast amount of features of the web application and the mobile app, the employees are getting the habit to resolve their questions using Ultipro before contacting HR, this is great in HR resource and investing their time bringing new ideas and solutions to the organization.

UltiPro review by Danielle P.
Danielle P.

"Big Fan of the Ultimate Software System and it’s People"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to be able to customize the system for our business needs. We have been able to brand our system to our company. The system is very intuitive; even our not so savvy computer people can manage their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The system itself is very easy to use and works fantastic, from time management, to payroll, to paying our taxes and creating amendments, to performance management and reviews. It is one stop shopping for us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

The interfaces can be long and daunting, but we have found solutions for those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend UltiPro to any company. The system is fantastic, it does exactly what you see in the demos, the reporting is amazing, and the people at the company are knowledgeable and helpful.

We had so many great items resolved when moving to Ultipro. Here are just a few:

We were able to consolidate multiple databases and reduce hours of auditing between the systems.

We were able to expedited onboarding without the need to send new hire paperwork via FedEx,

We gained fantastic reporting capabilities we did not have before. This reporting includes bursting reports to report owners on schedules, sending out form letters to employees, and much much more. Huge time savings.

We have been able to link our performance management with our Compensation and Salary review for one comprehensive cycle.

UltiPro review by Jaronika M D.
Jaronika M D.

"The Ultimate Experience - A New Perspective"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a more realistic timeframe. The end user experience has enhanced the usage of our HR applications when compared to the past. The real-time information including reports and dashboards is more aligned with our other systems.The ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. The ease of use with the Core HR applications has made a great impact on our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of limitations with the workflows (business processes) and the learning application (Schoox). I think there is a lot of opportunity with the learning application from and administrative perspective because there is limited functionality when compared to other learning applications. The ability to be able to create an ad hoc business process and have more flexibility around the approvers org levels would be great. The ability to see all compensation history from one place for all employees would be a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering UltiPro. I would ask the hard questions and really get under the hood of the car, so to speak. For a company with a Safety culture and very specific requirements around learning. I would source multiple options to compare. UltiPro Learning is still in its infancy and it was not quite developed enough to be delivered. While the overall customer service experience is good, there are still some internal issues with customer service when dealing with certain modules. The compensation reporting is not as intuitive and easy to navigate.

We are working on going from a paper environment to a paperless and email environment. The ability for all of our new hires to being their employment utilizing a system that integrates is a great thing. Our payroll team is able to reduce the complete the payroll process. The integration with internal business systems and other applications has reduced the amount of time spent on the manual processes. The demographic footprint of our business has allowed us to rollout things like benefit enrollment, compensation management, and onboarding seamlessly.

UltiPro review by Colleen S.
Colleen S.

"UltiPro- Definitely a winning solution"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about UltiPro is having Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time Management under one single login and site. I log in each morning either as a Super Admin or a Payroll Admin and Processing Only depending on where I need to be. It is fairly easy to lookup answers to questions I may have or view one of the Quick Tours and Tips which is right at my finger tips. I don't have to look very far to be exactly where I need to be. Also the Rapid Response team is incredible. They are very knowledgeable and work so hard to resolve issues quickly. Follow up is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about UltiPro is actually a positive for Ultimate Software. They are growing so very fast and need more help. The Tax Service is slower resolving and completing cases than I would like to see. Also some of the reconciling reports could be better. It is sometimes difficult to match up credit and debits with our bank account. More detail would be awesome. Sorry one more thing- navigating in Customer Service Portal isn't the best. When you open case attachments you have to close and go back to the beginning to enter the case again from the start instead of remaining within the case when you close the attachment. And when calculating an instant check before you need to start the next payroll batch, you have to start the payroll, enter the instant check and then undo all processes just in case an employee makes a change to their record that will affect the next payroll. The start and undo process is a little frustrating. Payroll registers with year to date numbers along with the payroll period would be nice too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimate Software is a great company to work with. I do suggest making sure you plan out to go live on January 1st. Do not try to bring over year to date numbers like with did with a October 1st go live date. Make sure you have plenty of time to validate and verify everything in the implementation process. There is nothing easy about implementation no matter what company you are doing business with. This may have been smoother if our implementation manager had more face to face time with us as the customer. Trying to do everything long distance doesn't always produce the end result you would like. More training up front.

I am a one person payroll department for over 1500 employees so UltiPro is easier for me to use and I feel very confident about the accuracy of the calculations. The benefit for our company is that they can still get by with only one of me (for now). Having everything I need in one place is so very helpful. There are other things I could ask for to make processing payroll even more user friendly but I am so much happier with UltiPro than our previous HRIS/Payroll system that I feel pretty good about this gift.

UltiPro review by Jeanne B.
Jeanne B.

"The best move we could have made!"

What do you like best?

Oh, there are so many things. I think most importantly, it's the reporting functions. Not only do I have hundreds of standard reports already created that I can modify, but I have the capability to create my own reports to meet specific needs within our company. I'm in report heaven!

What do you dislike?

There are some back-end features I wish I had access to, instead of waiting to submit a request and working with a tech to resolve them. Simple things, really, but our specific plan channels back-end requests through our tech support. However, with that said, the techs are jolly quick at responding and solving my issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to test out the features of UltiPro. It really is amazing how much time and thought they have put into each of the features. In addition, they are always listening to customers and updating the software to meet their needs. In fact, at their annual conference, they solicited ideas from the attendees for a project for the IT team to select and program during the conference. This year they created a workflow to track LOA.

Our open-enrollment process has been streamlined to reduce tons of paper and hours of detailed data entry. Paper enrollment forms are no longer required. I can now generate a report immediate after closing the online open enrollment and submit that data directly to our vendor feed for processing. It has literally eliminated two weeks of data entry into our old payroll system. And, creating year-end ACA reports has become very simple to do.

UltiPro review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Very robust, tons of functionality"

What do you like best?

We use all modules UltiPro has to offer so we get full integration from time to payroll to benefits and so much more. UltiPro offers a seamless transition from one to the next so that information is shared across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I dislike are smaller, more nitpicky items. There's nothing about the overall program that I think is poor. I'd like to be able to switch between pay groups when already in the Payroll Gateway>View or Edit Results/Instant Checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to set up the system according to the experts at UltiPro or your third party consultants. This is a huge system that needs to be done right. Don't try to do it haphazardly.

The full on integration has solved a world of problems compared to having to export and import data through various channels. All of that data manipulation from system to system leaves room for human error. With it all housed in one place, there is much less chance for mistakes.

UltiPro review by Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.

"Best solution for our business... we know the system because we built the system!"

What do you like best?

We went live in 2016. As my "title" mentions - one of the key advantages is that we built the system... tables, codes, and all! But as a result, we know our own system and can make changes and adapt to our growing business needs very easily. Plus - if we are lost... the Ultimate Community is one of the best social networks I have ever seen. There are so many resources available to help you succeed - there is no way Ultimate can't work for your business!

What do you dislike?

Because the resources available are so vast - it's sometimes hard to figure out exactly where to go to find your answer. You know it's out there - but sometimes you get frustrated in your attempt to find it.

Second thing - UTM needs a makeover. It's reporting functionality and the fact that the hours worked are not really linked to CORE - is very limiting to our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest implementation tip I can provide another potential customer is that you definitely need the resources to implement this system. We had a dedicated project manager on our HR Team that implmenting UltiPro was their sole purpose when brought on board. We were then able to slide her into a HR Manager role following the project... but it was invaluable to have one person solely focused on the project. We could then use the additional HR team members to assist; but keeping in mind they were also focused on their "real jobs". Upon implementation, we maintain the system with a FT HR Specialist.

Our biggest undertaking right now is that we just implemented Performance Management. We saw a 90% compliance for the first time doing reviews electronically - HUGE SUCCESS!

UltiPro review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"Human Resources Manager - HRIS/Benefits"

What do you like best?

Having a single system that can handle front to back life cycle of the employee from application, onboarding, core, payroll, performance, etc. Also, Generally their customer support is good.

What do you dislike?

I think that Ultimate Software is over stretched with their products. They seem to be chasing and creating the next best HCM "Thing" (i.e. Xander, Perception, etc.), however this is being done at the expense of other core products. There are tones of basics enhancements that have been suggested and Ultimate keeps commenting that they are in the works, or being delivered, but yet we don't see anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beaware of taking on too many products at the same time

We have been able to consolidate 3 systems (HR, Performance, Payroll, and Benefits) to one system. We have also been able to automate our vendors file delivery by utilizing the UCN (Ultimate Carrier Network) to transfer files to our various vendors (Cigna, VSP, Fidelity, etc.)

UltiPro review by Jack K.
Jack K.

"UltiPro gives you the Ultimate HR and Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

The configurability and ease of use of the portal.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I truly dislike about the system, but if I have to pick something, the UltiPro Time Management portal could be updated to be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are currently using a service bureau model where your payroll is sent to a mainframe, consider this:

We have 1 payroll person on staff and our payroll is bi-weekly, paid on Friday. The payroll process used to start at noon on the Friday before payday, and would be complete typically on the Wednesday afternoon.

Today, I still have 1 payroll person. She starts her payroll process now on Tuesday morning before payday, and is done by Wednesday, typically by noon. By switching from the service bureau model to UltiPro, we are saving approximately 14-16 hours each pay period that can be allocated to other tasks during the pay period. UltiPro is a total game changer.

Our performance management process has seen dramatic improvement in both employee experience as well as manager/employee communication. It all started with our activation of the UltiPro performance management tool.

UltiPro review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"Why Olmsted Medical Center Love Ultipro"

What do you like best?

I love the integration of payroll, HR, Recruiting. When we first merged payroll and HR into 1 system, it was amazing the errors we discovered that were occurring because the 2 systems were not talking.

My other most favorite feature is the security. I can develop a security role to fit just about any situation needed. I have complete control over how secure I want our environment to be. Ultipro takes system security VERY seriously and even alerts us to strange activity.

The other thing I love is in the last couple years, they have opened things up to allow your to configure your environment on your own....for free. YES FOR FREE!!! They call it Platform Configuration and it allows you to create your own fields to report on. Plus you can change menu titles. LOVE THIS!

I am a reporting/database geek. I absolutely love the reporting tool, Cognos, that comes with. There is nothing you can't do with it.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is it can take awhile from the time you open up a ticket until you actually get someone to help you. They did put in place a Payroll Live Chat so if you are in the middle of processing your payroll, you have a way to get immediate help though.

Sometimes I wish there was more instructor led training. While it's nice to save money and do it on-line.....nothing beats having an actual instructor in the room. AND being able to lock yourself into that class. When I do virtual at my office, I'm constantly interrupted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to talk to other customers. We are a medical institution and have done some inventive things to make this product work for even the credentialing piece of our business. We have also built an FMLA tracking capability with platform configuration.

What aren't we solving? Managers love the access they have to applicants and their employees. Employee's love being able to do things on their own w/o having to make a trip into the HR Office.

We have identified overspending when comparing scheduled FTE to Paid FTE which was not done prior to the system merging. We have figured out we have a problem with our PRN staff working to a total of 34 FTE'd positions. The question was "Where is this FTE creep coming from?". Yep-that's where.

Having the payroll data merged with the HR data has opened up a world of reporting.

We are now fully using Performance Management and our supervisors LOVE how easy it is to do a review now. Our review completion rate has come up.

UltiPro review by Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.

"My favorite HRIS yet"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick just one thing I like best about Ulti. The product is very user-friendly and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, customer service is the best I've ever had with any other software (Ceridian, ADP, SilkRoad) and the company is dedicated to continuous improvement.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one, honestly. We are still working to implement different parts of the system so I really have yet to run across something I truly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro has a clear dedication to continuous product improvement, and truly takes customer feedback into account when working on future enhancements. I would highly recommend this solution.

When we implemented Ulti, we went from having 20 separate distinct payroll systems to having all of our data in one place. As you can imagine, the ability to finally report company-wide data has been a huge eye-opener. In addition, being able to automate things like Recruiting, Open Enrollment and Onboarding have been huge time savers.

UltiPro review by Paul P.
Paul P.

"Ultipro Review"

What do you like best?

The best part about Ultipro I would have to say is the ease of access and information that is available to all users. I can see exactly how many vacation hours, sick-time hours, and personal hours I have left at any time. I can also see updated information with every pay period which is nice.

What do you dislike?

One of the only dislikes I have with Ultipro would have to be the fact that PTO information takes a while to be updated at the start of each new year. After checking today, it still says that my reset date is at the end of 2016. Another slight dislike of mine would have to be the section titled "estimated through plan" under the "PTO plans" option. I feel like this section could use more explaining. Even when I click the "help" option, there is only information about "employee paid time off benefit plans", which has little information overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To others considering using ultipro, I would suggest that someone walk you through all of the features before you try to figure them out on your own

Ultipro saves myself, and others, time when trying to figure out exactly how many PTO days I have available. It is also the means of which I submit my logged time for pay and saves the hassle of having to use paper or other programs such as microsoft excel. It saves me time in finding and accessing my W-2 forms around tax time as well.

UltiPro review by Justine B.
Justine B.

"Managing a Challenging Payroll in Challenging Times"

What do you like best?

Ulti has given us the flexibility we need to accommodate our unique environment. We run several different payrolls, all with different requirements. We are always able to address the uniqueness of each payroll.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is very good. My only negative comment would be that sometimes my cases remain unresolved for longer that I would like for resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have great implementation leads not only from Ulti but internally from your company as well.

We are a multi-state employer with many location taxes. Ulti files all of our payroll taxes for us which saves us a significant amount of time.

We also have a high percent of our employees that have wage attachments. We utilize Ulti's Payment Service feature to handle our wage attachment payments as well. This saves us not only time, but check printing costs and postage costs.

UltiPro review by Stefanie V.
Stefanie V.

"Ultimate Software - simply an oustanding service and support provider"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user friendly and very intuitive. I can rely on Ultimate Software to ensure all of our Associates are accurately and efficiently paid each week. I have not experienced any payroll exceptions that resulted in an employee being paid late, due to the system. The software makes my life easy from A - Z.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle with finding areas to build a BI report quickly and easily. I don't always have a lot of time to create a report when senior management needs one, based on specific criteria, right away. I can say, however, reviewing the BI-Delivered Artifacts listing has enabled me to locate some of the same information, already built for me. My take away here is that Ultimate Software has already anticipated various common report needs for any size business and made our job easy by having a report available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with J.D. Edwards and ADP. By far, this system is extremely sophisticated, more robust, and most of all...easily able to learn with little no training, depending on the environment you are in. The Learning Center provides thorough instructions, live experience options and testing environments to ensure you are comfortable with the system.

I currently do not have any business problems, Ultimate Software enables me to proactively identify any process/tax reporting issues at the forefront. Your support team is outstanding and I could not be successful in my job without them.

UltiPro review by Brandon F.
Brandon F.

"The UltiPro Experience"

What do you like best?

UltiPro is a good all-in-one HR tool that allows you to see all of your own Human Resources, benefits, & salary information while also serving as a leadership tool to assist goals / employee reviews and understand employee history and salary information at a glance. This tool has also helped employees on my team to keep track of their own goals throughout the year. Additionally, I've found the tool to be very helpful in viewing company resources such as org charts, employee handbooks, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the workflow is not as intuitive as I would like. For instance, it's not very easy to browse employees on my team, and I've found the action of assigning goals to be cumbersome at times. They have suggested walk-throughs to assist the user, but many times, I've been unable to quickly find the walk-through that suits what I'm trying to accomplish. Additionally, some of the terms used to define their tabs and buttons are not always clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro is a good service all-in-all. I would recommend that adequate training is provided if you decide to go with this solution as it is not always super intuitive.

The biggest business problem that UltiPro has assisted with is providing a real-time tool for employees to use to keep track of goals they have been assigned and create their own comments as they go. I think this really helps employees to understand where they stand with the team and the company and results in minimal surprises come review time.

UltiPro review by Benjamin J.
Benjamin J.

"Great tool for large businesses - really cuts out middle man for useless paperwork"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool that takes out the mundane paperwork. Before UltiPro, my managers had to collect our staff's time sheets (60+ staff) and then check them all for errors then process them. Such a waste of time. The tool also allows us to now request our time off and enter sick time from home. This is amazing as we can make more of a stride towards going paperless and managers just have to review the pending requests and make the approvals or request denied. Managers at one point had talked about UltiPro using facial recognition software to sign in and out. We are currently only using employee numbers but the idea of it is really cool.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I dislike about it is that we only have one machine so you need to go to this one area of the building before and after your shift. This can be a hassle as we are supposed to report to our offices for a shift change a little early and there can be problems with buses or traffic. Management have not been clear on whether or not they will be docking time if we are late or if it is forgivable. Some staff need to leave early (before midnight) to catch the last bus. However, this is more of a policy issue than an issue with the machine but the presence of the machine has brought about these concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if our company was using another system to process payments. I do know that managers had to comb through our submitted time sheets that we had to print and sign then submit. Staff would frequently submit incorrect time sheets. This system now allows us to skip that step. We sign in for our shifts and then sign out and the system automatically documents this for us. If we are sick or on vacation we just have to sign in to our account remotely online and input that information. I can't say if it is better than other software but if you are looking to implement a software then this is a great system and it's a fairly seamless transition.

Managers can now do more tasks that are appropriate to their role rather then wasting time processing data that a machine could more easily do. We will now be more efficient and a bigger stride to going paperless.

UltiPro review by SIDDHARTH M.
SIDDHARTH M.

"Ultipro review"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface and one software can handle pretty much anything from compensation management to w2 to PTOs. It is easy to request holidays as well and to track what holidays were approved.

Compensation distributs the taxes and the description very well.

What do you dislike?

Some of sections are not easy to reach to and the headings might need some efforts to get there. It takes some to get accustomed to the software but once you get a hang of it, it is not difficult to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep digging and exploring, Ultipro could give you very detailed information if you try to look in the right places.

Managing my pay history and other things like requesting holidays and maintaining my working calender. The software has the good part of having all the features within one single space which makes is a good software.

UltiPro review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"UltiPro as an employee"

What do you like best?

UltiPro is very user friendly and easy to use overall. The program does a great job of keeping track of time sheets, and allows for customization. The main page walks you through the basics and through customizing the drop down menu on the left hand corner.

What do you dislike?

When saving time sheets, if you've forgotten to enter the type of hours such as training or sick leave, any data you've entered after the last save will disappear. It would be great if rather than wiping away what you've entered, there was a pop up that notified you about the fields that you forgot to fill in. Also, on the first page, there's a great chart that allows you to convert minutes into decimals. Unfortunately, this chart doesn't appear on the time sheet page, where it would be most helpful. I often find I have to save one day's hours, then refer back to the home page to see the chart, then back to the time sheet for the next day's hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

since it's a good platform and is easy to use, I would recommend it. The only issues I've had with it from a user's point of view have been minor, and overall I really like the system.

As an employee, it's a great tool for time sheet management. I've used other online systems that were clunky and took a lot of time to fill out. This system is much faster and more effective. It also gives a summary at the end of every week of the number of hours that you've worked, so you can see how close you are to your regular horus

UltiPro review by Executive Sponsor in Banking
Executive Sponsor in Banking

"We have achieved huge efficiencies with Ultipro, now a totally paperless HR dept."

What do you like best?

Easy of use, product flexibility to meet our business requirements, customer service and support is awesome, free training for life allows all HR staff to receiving training on enhancements, unified database allows for powerful business intelligence reporting, talent management is awesome, recruitment and onboarding help engage new employees before day one, mobile access for employees and leaders.

What do you dislike?

The products have set every need we have had since implementation in 2002. The company has continued to enhance their products and add new ones. Customer service and support has evolved over time and is exception when needed. Nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to implement full functionality to gain maximum efficiencies

Reduced HR staff while expanding employee population, went from paper intensive operations to totally paperless HR function, reduced salary expenses using salary planning and budgeting module, provide employees 24/7/365 access to all their HR related information, extensive BI reporting provided to leaders and management teams.

UltiPro review by Linda C.
Linda C.

"Great Choice!"

What do you like best?

In general, I love it all. We did not have a true ATS when we converted to UltiPro so I am thrilled to have this system. It is much easier from the candidate perspective to navigate than the system I used at prior company (Kenexa Brass Ring). Onboarding for them is a breeze. I love the analytics available through BI.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there is a dislike. I would like it to be easier and more cost effective to connect to and post to outside job boards. The cost involved with putting that connection in place was to great given the number of jobs we have open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a close look - this is a very robust solution and they are constantly improving and adding features.

Real time payroll and reporting has made payroll more effective and accurate. Access to analytics has offered much insight. Being able to go in and post date actions saves time and ensures better accuracy also.

UltiPro review by Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.

"Organized "

What do you like best?

I love how you can find everything you need in this one program. For example, my W2, paycheck stubs and employment forms are all electronically stored on UltiPro. I used this at a previous companies as well and it is great for organization and communication amongst the whole team of employees.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Ultipro crashes out of nowhere or doesn't allow me to access certain items some days but other days it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this to companies trying to stay more organized. It eliminates the need to keep someone's lose leaf papers all over the place. This organizes them all in one secure web based page.

Definitely going green with this program! It makes it easier to find any employment form you could possibly need. When it comes time for taxes, you don't have to wait for your W2 to be mailed to you because it will be in the form electronically.

UltiPro review by Regina D. J.
Regina D. J.

"Ultimate Software is Great!"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility to create user defined fields. This has allowed us to be able to track things in the system that otherwise might not have been possible. I like the ability to provide feedback and input to Ultipro for updates to the software. The networking opportunities are appreciated and valued.

What do you dislike?

That we cannot track FMLA in the system in a way that is truly beneficial. We can only status people out and I would like to be able to do more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great product and we have been very pleased. We have a great working relationship with our customer service team. The online training is a plus for us to be able to get people up to speed on new functionality without having to recreate the wheel. I only have great things to say about the functionality and the setup for most modules is doable with the guidance provided online.

Ultipro is consistently looking for ways to improve their product. They take customer feedback seriously and what to know what we would like to see added to the product. They have upgrades to the product 2 times a year and as needed for compliance.

Performance management has been much easier in UP. We have realized a faster turn around, managers appreciate being able to do their reviews online. Easier for reporting.

UltiPro review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Ultipro is a solid performer"

What do you like best?

Our non-technical employees easily adapted to Ultipro, embracing employee self-service. We have been able to engage our employees and increase the accuracy of their personal data greatly. System is easy to use with great reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Would like the ability to change the supervisor without creating a effective date in job, so when retros happen you don't have to alter history. Also would like to have compa-ratio in the core product, instead of just a calculated field in BI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any system, there are always pluses and minuses. While some systems offer complete flexibility, it comes at a cost. You have to be able support building out all of the different workflows and processes. Ultipro is a bit more structured, which allows you to easily get started and launch much faster. They constantly are providing enhancements and are responsible for all of the maintenance.

Moving to Ultipro has eliminated a lot of errors in our old ERP data, since employees can now easily access their data. We have also cut our amount of paper coming through our department a great deal.

UltiPro review by Jessica N.
Jessica N.

"Very in-depth"

What do you like best?

I lOVE how I can see everything I need to see within the different pages of Ulti-Pro. If I have a question about something, I don't have to go to my HR person 80% of the time. I can check paystubs, and all sorts of information without having to play email tag with our HR guy. It's super convenient!

What do you dislike?

I feel like the navigation could be a little better. I've certainly gotten use to it, but I feel like it could be laid oput a little better. I like the headings and subheadings for it, but the physical layout could be a little easier to navigate

I'm sure our HR guy saves a lot of time not having to look up info for every employee. We can easily look certain things up that would really just be a waste of time for a human to have to relay to us.

UltiPro review by Administrator

"Strong HRIS and Payroll in the U.S., Globally - it's a bit glitchy"

What do you like best?

Single employee record across benefits, payroll and HR, means that there is a genuine source of truth for the whole company.

The modular approach enables us to deploy systems when needed and as we grow.

They are genuinely releasing useful functionality regularly.

What do you dislike?

Reporting - it's very very powerful, however, only if you can use it. To really leverage it you would need a background in SQL. They recognize this and are working on it.

UI is good, but not great. The mobile app is glitchy but they are working on it.

Time & Attendance management is run by a separate company and it's painfully obvious as it doesn't fully interact properly with the rest of the system.

Globally - it is not a seamless experience (e.g. you can't transfer employees from the U.S. to another entity)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a mid size company in N.America it is a very strong choice. If you need to rely on it globally, think and stress test carefully.

Single source of truth for the company.

Headcount control.

Limited errors.

Better governance.

Manager self service.

Employee self service.

Single portal for employees to interact with.

UltiPro review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"UltiPro is a breath of fresh air for timecard managers"

What do you like best?

For someone who likes analytics, this platform is a dream come true. With sufficient training, UltiPro offers everything for users and time card managers alike. I think my favorite thing about UltiPro is the interface as it proves to be relatively intuitive once you've dedicated some time to learning the platform.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty challenging but this is mainly due to using ADP for the last six years. Some of the functions, such as logging travel time for an employee, is a bit cumbersome and frustrating. Also, the time clock fingerprint scanner is somewhat annoying for a lot of employees - they don't like the robotic voice or having to punch in/out in sequence. The old ADP time clock was a little more flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with it if you just brought it on, especially if you switched from ADP. Some of the functions, such as logging travel time for an employee, is a little frustrating at first but gets easier with time.

ADP has already been reliable but there was some issues with support and absence of desirable features. UltiPro was designed with efficiency in mind which is very noticeable when using it. From what I understand, switching to UltiPro has saved our company quite a bit of money and has cured some frustrations that others were experiencing with ADP.

UltiPro review by Gregg P.
Gregg P.

"Ultimate Software HRM is outstanding "

What do you like best?

That it is full feature and robust HRA application that is SAS based. The on going system updates are done by Ulti after hours so our system is always up and available during business hours. Since it is web based it can be accessed from any location. We were also able to eliminate most check printing and use the direct deposit feature saving us a ton of money.

What do you dislike?

They are so popular that when we want customs created we have to wait up to 6 weeks due to the heavy demand they have. Bu I have learned to plan far enough ahead of time so this really is not an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow at least 3 months from time of order placement to implementations

Payroll is now automated and the system confirms that information has been input correctly. Before we used Excel in physically took paper time sheets and populate hours into Excel. So tremendous time saver.

Online recruiting now posting job to our site and it updates all job boards automatically and they creates a work flow when an applicant files out an application and brings it into our recruiting module automatically. Again a large time saver and prevents loss of paper apps.

UltiPro review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"Efficiencies Recognized"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use. The modules fully interface with the core. I have used four other HRIS/Payroll systems over the years and this is the easiest and most comprehensive system I have experienced.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations and unavailable functions in Onboarding and Recruiting modules. Also, the timeliness of the payroll tax support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you perform your due diligence when considering another vendor. We spoke with the CFO's at each organization and felt that UltiPro was more inline with our business philosophy and looked to UltiPro more as a business 'Partner' than just a vendor.

Efficiencies with processing payroll - dropped from 2.5 FTE's to 1 (one). Also efficiencies in reduction of paperwork for benefits through Life Events and Open enrollment.

UltiPro review by Consultant

"UltiPro for Payroll Processing"

What do you like best?

UltiPro's ability to allow free customization of feature that enabled it's available features within UltiPro software to customize it as per my implementation needs. The Federal Tax calculation in our existing Ceridian software was configured incorrectly and this wasn't uncovered until the organization decided to change and upgrade the payroll processing software with the more advanced and updated UltiPro software. Other integrations with OTL, Workday 27 were seamless and earning calculations (Garnishments, Benefits, ESPP) were smooth and with limited validation efforts were required. Product support by the Ultimate Software Organization was excellent and their SME's and Technical team was commendable.

What do you dislike?

The UI and UX can be improved and modified to make it more cosmetically better. There are few screen/forms [ESPP integrations from Fidelity, Concur, Cartus, ADP] where customization took additional efforts and these can be improved for better experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is strong customizable, excellent product which can be used to accomplish organizational needs and stay with latest technologies

Our Payroll Processing software was getting obsolete, Organization decided it's the time to change and adopt latest software available. Different available software's were evaluated and RFP's were invited and after evaluation UltiPro was selected. The main benefits our organization derived by implementing UltIPro was correct tax computation, integrations of various third party vendor applications, ease of employee usage and experience

UltiPro review by User

"User friendly and able to be adapted to fit your company's needs"

What do you like best?

We transitioned from another system that was not user-friendly. With Ultipro, we can change our own passwords, format the different tab, screens and views to fit our company's needs and easily manage our time and money!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets a little glitchy and doesn't delete my "sick time" or "PTO" if I change it later, but I just work with our HR administrator to delete it on the back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The personalization of the site is what makes this the best system for us! We are a unique business and wanted something that would fit our needs and that we could make ours.

We now have all of our HR benefits in one place - timecards, short-term and long-term disability information, new employee information/introductions, etc. It's so easy to approve time cards, update employee information, check our benefits and go through benefit enrollment, too!

UltiPro review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Highly Recommend UltiPro"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use the system is. You can jump right in without having any prior experience.

What do you dislike?

I'd like if more items were customizable without extra costs or issues when new releases come out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to create a close relationship with your support team and if you're not happy let the head of your team know, they are happy to help in any way and can make changes if needed.

Currently we are implementing the Recruiting/Onboarding module, this will save me a great deal of time and potential exposure to error when I'm keying employee data in manually.

UltiPro review by Heather K.
Heather K.

"UltiPro enables process improvements"

What do you like best?

Payroll processing happens in real-time, no more waiting for long periods of time for results to calculate!

What do you dislike?

Having to reconcile our paycheck account. Ceridian would debit one lump sum per payroll from our account to fund the checks, but Ultimate does not offer this service. Having the checks draw from our account has created a very manual process which is a step in the wrong direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely want to be as involved in your implementation as possible. Do not expect that your consultants will do all the work 100% correctly the first time. You are the expert and need to check and test everything!

We were able to consolidate 8 payrolls into 4 which simplified processing as it eliminated many duplicate steps. I love being able to configure changes on my own without having to contact support or worry about creating inconsistencies between our system and a mainframe. These have both saved time and frustration.

UltiPro review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Ultimate Software"

What do you like best?

I like how UltiPro has taken many of our concerns and worries away. We still run our payroll ourselves but UltiPro takes care of funding the payrolls and paying the taxes associated with a payroll. Their customer service is always there to help in any way they can and their platform is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It's just a little thing that you can't have very many multiple screens up at one time in certain parts of the platform. When I am running the payroll and need to be in the payroll screen, I can't switch to the timesheet without it kicking me out of the payroll screen. I wish I could have multiple screens open at one time while processing payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are very impressed by the way they care about their customers and want to help!

We were on different systems when it came to our HR management and our Payroll. It's nice that HR and Payroll are all on the same program, seeing the same things as one another.

UltiPro review by Dina M.
Dina M.

"UltiPro - Easy to Use for Admins and Employees"

What do you like best?

I really like that Ultimate Software continues to improve its product. They really listen to customer suggestions and then make the upgrade to the software. For example, a feature to verify accurate address data was very helpful for our organization. The feature automatically populates the county and local tax jurisdictions.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is the reporting. However, recent enhancements to the Business Intelligence reporting has improved it. I would like to see more intuitive features. Many times we need to create reports on short notice and I would like to be able to create or pull reports quickly and with the confidence that the data is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimate Software listens to its customers and are always looking to find ways to improve its product. I feel that they are innovative and always keeping up with new technology.

We realized that one of the benefits of Ultipro is that the associate is empowered. The associate is able to update and/or change their federal and state withholdings, direct deposit info and review and print their pay statements and W2's. We encourage our associates (especially new hires) to get familiar with Ultipro and to know that their info is at their fingertips.

UltiPro review by Daniel E.
Daniel E.

"Although Ultipro is still evolving, they are delivering top quality products and exceptional service"

What do you like best?

The service and partnership that Ultimate provides. They are responsive, do not rely on patchwork customs, solve issues at their core, and create a great environment for user community involvement.

Any product that they developed works seamlessly within their environment, and although some customers might shy away from self service features, I personally enjoy the ability to be fully self reliant within their HRIS.

What do you dislike?

They have some legacy products that were not developed by Ultimate and do not integrate fully into their core environment. However, they have worked hard to develop their own products that will replace these, and are on track for full delivery in 2016. Again, as Ultimate evolves, we look forward to the full removal of back office so their web interface can fully mirror all of the functionality that their customers are accustom too.

So many! Before Ultimate, we had a mix of electronic and paper reviews (no info flowing to core), our merit increases were done via spreadsheet, and we lacked true reporting capabilities. Ultimate has allowed our organization to reach its full HR potential. This is not limited to HRIS, but also includes OD, Compensation, Compliance, Benefits, and Payroll. Although we have been long time customers (who recently migrated to their SAAS solution), the difference has been night and day for us. I would recommend Ultimate to any HR professional who is looking to get the most out of their HRIS experience while not spending an exorbitant amount to get there.

UltiPro review by Melissa S.
Melissa S.

"Couldn't live without this software"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed us to become almost completely paperless. We have gone to electronic personnel files, electronic onboarding and paperless new hire process and electronic reviews! This has been the absolute best for us.

What do you dislike?

The customer service response has been slower than normal lately. Issues are taking much longer to be responded to and resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementations was tough! The software is great once you get used to it. Quarterly updates ensure the system is up to date and always improving.

UltiPro has allowed us to become more accurate in our timekeeping. The notifications we have been able to set up and customize to fit our needs are continuously saving money and avoiding timekeeping errors. Our managers are more cognizant of the costly OT and errors because of this system. It also allows managers to correct the issues quickly so they are able to get back to work.

UltiPro review by Yana A.
Yana A.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use, and I like how much information I can access from ultipro without having to log into other places as well. Like my 401k or to update information such as address or medical information.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that, with the app version, I can't access my schedule or time card, though that may be due to the company I work for blocking that from the mobile version.

This app is the app we use for time cards, so really its all beneficial due to the fact that it is where I log in to get paid.

UltiPro review by Marija B.
Marija B.

"Great HR problem solver!"

What do you like best?

I love the reporting capabilities. Basically if there is a field, it can be pulled into a report. And with the system being configurable, you can create fields to assist with reporting. Having all of our employee data in one system is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Some of the new features (like onboarding) don't really sync with Core. New hires fill in the data or forms, but the data on the forms doesn't carry to their employee record in Core (like the I-9 data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need to be a systems expert to implement Ultipro. Online trainings are great and new features are always coming (sometimes hard to keep up with all the new features!)

We eliminated about 55 pieces of paper for each new hire by using Onboarding. With about 60 hires last year this was a significant savings not only of resources, but time from having to manually enter the new hire data into the system.

UltiPro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and Clear to use with for enrollment in benefits"

What do you like best?

Clean clear options and plenty of options- very functional and easy to use to enroll in benefits easily. Benefits that are not available are not even shown or have conditional options so that not all employees all see everything/all options which is very helpful. The employee organization chart is also really helpful to see how people are aligned and who the managers are for each team member. It is really easy to change employee demographic information- such as name, address etc.

What do you dislike?

Too much white space for the amount of content that is on a page, when enrolling in benefits it would be beneficial to be able to send a confirmation page email of enrollment when it is complete in addition to showing a PDF and also include plan information for the employee to contact their vendors etc about coverage. It would also be nice for each employee to customize their homepage experience and show "Pay" above "career goals" or be able to view different options depending on what they use ultipro for mostly (some like to view their pay statements when they are posted etc). Additionally it would be nice if Ultipro is sync-ed with the company email to notify when a pay statement is posted or a benefit change has been approved. The life events page options are sometimes confusing and lead to many HR questions, if they were set up less like a chart and more easy to navigate that would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how the system works and is configured

Effective and efficiently using a platform to enroll in benefits in a streamlined way

UltiPro review by Emily J.
Emily J.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service, hands down. The main reason we switched HRIS systems is because of the lack of customer service we had before. Ulti is great, with the support cases that you can easily submit, you don't ever need to wait on hold to talk to someone. They call you and are always so incredibly friendly.

What do you dislike?

Dating functionality takes getting used to. Future dating and historical dating is confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation is really hard, but very worth it!

With so much training available to managers, we spend less time training managers. We will soon be saving the organization money by developing and implementing the Applicant Tracking System, but almost everything has gotten better with Ulti.

UltiPro review by Administrator

"Round 2 with Ultipro"

What do you like best?

Ease of use/navigation * Lots of useful information that are easily accessible organized/grouped in a practical manner * flexible workflows * Robust reporting * Awesome implementation team once we got past the training (See comment below). * Our management team really likes the visibility they now get. Just being able to sort and filter the directory was already a big help * During implementation, US worked hard with us to find, even out of the box solutions. Extremely committed implementation team. *

What do you dislike?

Required upfront comprehensive training during implementation. Ended up being a waste of time which created unnecessary delay. By the time we needed to use the information, information was all jumbled in our brains, we have forgotten all the earlier training and we had to re-learn. Would have been more practical to learn one aspect, implement, then go on to the next. * TIcketing system and hierarchy of support impractical. When you get the right person, support is awesome but it sometimes takes a few tries to get the right person. Other times, it is frustrating waste of time and counter productive to have to create a ticket for a yes/no question. I also think 48 hours is a loooong time to have to wait for a call back. * Payroll Gateway for a company like ours with over 100 pay groups is slow and time consuming * Open enrollment needs a LOT of work. Set-up is cumbersome and if you have different sessions with the same plan package, we should just be able to copy from one session to another * E-mail alerts are great but because we have over 100 pay groups, getting over 150 e-mails after a payroll and finding the right e-mail that truly needs attention is sometimes like looking for a needle in a hay stack. * Customer support and case list needs to be organized better. Subject lines for US generated notifications must be made more meaningful. The various screens for each case is confusing and hard to get to the core issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insist that you do not have to go all the training upfront. It will create unnecessary delays and waste of time.

Salary approval process. Able to collect relevant information in an easy to view format. Report writing. The ability to get timely information has been a really welcome change.

UltiPro review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Good Software but no Mobile Web Interface"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this software is to use, however there is no way to log on via mobile unless you download the app. It just tells the user the password is incorrect and when requesting new password, email is never received.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned above, there’s no way to log in on mobile web. User must download the app or else they cannot log in to see their information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your potential employees and employees understand they must login from a computer and not mobile device to access their portal.

Electronic time sheets. Payroll. The benefits are many-easy to use, easy to track employees time sheets and hours.

UltiPro review by Hang-nga V.
Hang-nga V.

"Satisfied customer of 8 years"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software systems are reliable with all payroll tax rules and regulation. I rely on the Payment Services team to make sure my taxes are filed since we place nurses in 50 different state on short term assignments. There are multiple challenges with employees moving from state to state throughout the year to make sure we are withholding and reporting correctly.

What do you dislike?

The system is not built for Healthcare staffing company. Wish we have peers who are in the same industry so we can share best practices. We create our own best practices with what Ultimate Software can do and how we need it the best we can but would be nice to have peers to bounce challenges and ideas with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence and ask alot of questions as to how your specific needs work within the system. Build your platform during implementation so that it will handle all your needs but have the flexibility to accommodate future growth and new plans.

We are in the midst of activating UTM for our internal staff so that we can have a reliable time keeping and scheduling system for our internal staff. We are able to do this because Ultimate finally allows us to carve out just the internal staff to use this module and not having to pay for all the head count we have within in our company. Our nurse who travels from assignments to assignments already have this so we did not want to pay for the larger portion of our employee count because we don't need it for them.

UltiPro review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Ultipro - A Fantastic All In One Product"

What do you like best?

The payroll module is very robust and is able to be configured to all our unique needs.

HR Core is great too, as employee records contains everything from personal to tax to career & education to career development information.

Cognos is an amazing reporting tool. It is so wonderful to have a reporting tool to easily create reports from.

The idea sharing website that Ultipro offers to Customers is also very nice. It is so wonderful to have this site to vote and share ideas from end users. Ultipro has implemented ideas from customers, which is awesome as you feel like you have a hand in driving updates.

Ultipro's Rapid Response Team is terrific, they are always friendly and able to help with all questions when you call in and turn around time is very fast.

With Ultipro you have so much support from your Executive Manager to Account Manager. You are never left feeling like you do not know where to turn for help.

UltiUniversity is also an amazing tool, as you have on demand webinars at your finger tips and the learning center is always available to research

The open enrollment feature was a good tool, it was nice not to have to comb through and review paper copies of changes, then have to manual make these changes, although we did have our hiccups with this feature. This tool captured the changes and made the updates, it was nice to not have all the extra data entry at year end.

What do you dislike?

Open Enrollment and ACA are not as robust as we had hoped. We had a lot of hiccups this year in both areas, but have come up with internal solutions to help us out this next open enrollment period. I believe Ultipro can offer enhancements to the ACA logic, but unfortunately with the complexity of ACA some of the issues are just nature of the beast.

Completing external interfaces has been very challenging. It takes a while to get a consultant to be assigned to your case(s). When you do get assigned a consultant, you definitely need to have your thoughts in order about what needs data needs to be on a report, there is very little room for being indecisive. Make sure to thoroughly test!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is Ultipro perfect? No, but truly what system is? None, each product has its positives and negatives. But what I do love about Ultipro is their commitment to continually improvement and how they involved their customers. This company genuinely embodies their moto People First. They are a great company to partner with to lead us into the future.

We have had a reduction in manual data entry. It is so nice to have hired applicants data flow from the Applicant Tracking System to Onboarding then into Core.

The employee portal and professional looking pay stubs has been a huge win for us with our employees. It was also been a win for employees to have access to change certain information on their employee record, like addresses, direct deposit and W-4.

Reporting was also a painful process for us, but with Cognos it is so simple. This is a wonderful feature and has been a great asset for us.

UltiPro review by Sondra B.
Sondra B.

"UltiPro"

What do you like best?

I like that I have control to make changes to employees and add earnings/deduction codes. I also like the general ledger posting that I create monthly. I like having my Account Manager to help when needed.

What do you dislike?

The Customer Success Portal needs improvement. There should be a way to see what each case (past and present) is about without having to open it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro will help you when you need it, but ultimately you are in control. It is up to you to check that your information in accurate.

The UltiPro app has helped a great deal! Our employees like opening the app on their phone with their fingerprint, looking at their information and requesting time off. Our managers like being able to approve time off requests through the app. This app has cut down on our employees' questions since they are capable of easily finding things out themselves. I would like the capabilities of the app to keep expanding!

UltiPro review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Ultipro Customer 5 Years Strong"

What do you like best?

Ultipro gives you the tools to be successful and self sufficient without requiring a lot of support. It's great to have a system that we fully control and manage. They continue to invest in the product, providing regular upgrades with meaningful and beneficial changes that positively impact the end user from the system admin, to the daily employee or manager self service user. The software is intuitive and easy to follow. Anyone can find their way in Ultipro from the president of our company to system admins to every day employees.

What do you dislike?

We struggled with lack of support we needed after immediately going live. We had an awesome implementation team and felt we were thrown out to sea when they transitioned off. We needed more hand holding, especially with a 4th quarter go-live date. Future dating was our biggest pain point, until we really understood how it works!

We have one Payroll and HR system now that is always in sync. We have manager and employee self service and almost all of our staff use Ultipro on a regular basis. Performance Management was a huge hit for us. The BI reporting tool is great with so much functionality and features, we have set up dashboards, scheduled reports and event notifications to drive our business processes.

UltiPro review by Patsy  C.
Patsy C.

"Ultipro Review"

What do you like best?

Ultipro has great user functionality and is intuitive. Multiple taxing based on earnings is a great perk. multifaceted authentication is nice as well to ensure compliance. Reporting capabilities in Cognos and ability to create and run your own reports at your fingertips is awesome.

What do you dislike?

some things can only be done in back office verses the web. Would like to process from the web, but can't process some from BO and some from web, it is all or nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to others that have implemented or are current users of Ultimate software. Ultimate offers some great customer perks (like free classes) and wants people to utilize their current customers to see how they feel about the product.

we currently are moving to track our contractors through ultipro-love the fact we have the capabilities to do set ups without Ultimate intervention unless needed-we are making improvements to how our pay stubs look, how our earnings and deductions are used, and GL enhancements to better communicate between departments.

Learn more about UltiPro

UltiPro Videos

Learning about UltiPro?

* We monitor all UltiPro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.