UltiPro

UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s cloud payroll solution, UltiPro, helps people simplify work, and helps organizations increase engagement and productivity across their global workforce.

Work for UltiPro?

Learning about UltiPro?

UltiPro Reviews

Ask UltiPro a Question
Showing 758 UltiPro reviews
UltiPro review by <span>Allison B.</span>
Allison B.

"The Ultimate Experience - An update"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a shorter amount of time. We are able to create reports to give to upper management, department heads and supervisors in a timely fashion versus our previous HRIS system. We have the ability to onboard employees with little worry and the software is cloud-based so we don't have to worry about will we be able to get it to open on a machine in any of our offices. There is so much we can do that it is makes me think why did we wait so long to upgrade systems!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could have from the UltiPro/Ultimate Software system is a dedicated icon on my smartphone where I could load my system administration abilities versus logging into the web to get there. But the great news is that we are testing the Mobile app next week! It is finally become a reality so I won't be able to say there is anything I don't like about the program. Other than that, which is more of a want than a dislike, I believe the system is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When looking at UltiPro you should remember that you are choosing a system for more than just the cost, you are looking at the system saving your staff time and effort. This system has allowed us to save both of these for the same price as what other systems would have cost us.

We are solving issues such as: overtime abuse; going from a paper environment to a paperless environment; improving the tracking of attorney bar information; and finally, understanding staffing issues in our offices.

The benefits we have realized have included: electronic file feeds for our employee benefits; paperless paychecks and open enrollment, to name just some of the benefits we have accomplished.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UltiPro
UltiPro review by <span>Jeana D.</span>
Jeana D.

"Ultimate Software "

What do you like best?

Our organization has over 120 HR/payroll operators working in over 40 companies/FEINs, and although we are standardized, we are decentralized in terms of the HR and payroll operators. With UltiPro, we have centralized access to real-time data that empowers strategic planning and decision making. UltiPro gives us the information about our people and locations that is used in determining the current condition of the organization and to highlight areas for opportunities to move us forward.

What do you dislike?

We have users in both the back office and the web product. Ultimate continues to develop the web product so back office functionality is moving to the web, making work easier. However, there are still tasks that are somewhat easier and faster in the back office, but there are now functions on the web that are more efficient than the back office. Presently, we are using two web based products, specifically UTA and Recruitment that have upgraded versions available, but our migration continues to be delayed, both for over a year with no ETA in sight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are thoroughly ready for your implementation by knowing what your expectations are and what you want to achieve by going with UltiPro. It's important to be confident in the implementation team, making sure they understand your needs and your organization. We had to commit more resources from our corporate and HR/payroll teams after implementation than anticipated, but that's with moving from a service bureau to a SaaS environment.

Prior to implementing UltiPro, we have difficulty gathering centralized data on our organization. Now, we not only can access the data needed to realize HR trends and basic data, we can better control how data is recorded to provide consistency across the organization. Being a federal contractor, consistency and accuracy are of the utmost importance in being able to demonstrate the organization's stewardship of the funding granted. Also, the ability to import data from other vendors and export data via USED is a great help. Web Services is also being used to keep our active directory in sync with the actual active population.

What Core HR solution do you use?

UltiPro review by <span>Katie N.</span>
Katie N.

"Adequate for basic functions. Clunky interface, not a 'Wow' experience"

What do you like best?

Basic functionality is sufficient--you can access HR documents, and when you get used to navigating the clunky interface it does surface benefit information.

Works okay for the most basic functions (i.e. submit time-off request, view employee handbook, view most recent pay stub).

I do like that you can favorite specific pages and thereby customize your version of the menu.

What do you dislike?

Overall just difficult to navigate and unintuitive; general feeling of cheap / shoddiness

The search doesn't really seem to function.

Very difficult for hourly employees to enter time worked (worst of the ~5 systems I've used).

Goal creation / assignment system is needlessly overcomplicated.

Logging in and out is always a pain (ex. if your login times out, the next login will fail! Why? I have no idea!)

Insourcing our formerly outsourced HR, saving money. It doesn't seem to have any actual advantage over other HR software we've used in the past--i.e. we weren't able to take any complex functions online that we couldn't in the past. Just cheaper, as far as I know.

UltiPro review by <span>Jaime M.</span>
Jaime M.

"Ultipro is highly intuitive and combustible "

What do you like best?

Ultipro is highly intuitive and the user experience customizing the app is simple a helpful, it is full of features and functionality, ultimo has a great look and feel the application has been wisely designed and you can follow complex steps without even noticed and achieved a general goal thru all the company, Ultipro is simple and easy to use and full of great and useful features.

What do you dislike?

Time off request is not great too much detail information on it, I would like to see a better template to fill out the time off request, I would like to obtain better reports of general aspect of the company, results and goals achieved by the work force within the organization, Ultipro might be lacking an API the allow internal apps extract and post information, this will make a huge plus the attach processed to the key goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The payroll and HR management that gives solutions instead of headaches.

General portal, job certification, benefits, salaries, responsive, excellent mobile app and web security management, this is not just to handle time off, you can communicate and keep track of the important event of the company using the great and vast amount of features of the web application and the mobile app, the employees are getting the habit to resolve their questions using Ultipro before contacting HR, this is great in HR resource and investing their time bringing new ideas and solutions to the organization.

UltiPro review by <span>Danielle P.</span>
Danielle P.

"Big Fan of the Ultimate Software System and it’s People"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to be able to customize the system for our business needs. We have been able to brand our system to our company. The system is very intuitive; even our not so savvy computer people can manage their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The system itself is very easy to use and works fantastic, from time management, to payroll, to paying our taxes and creating amendments, to performance management and reviews. It is one stop shopping for us and our employees.

What do you dislike?

The interfaces can be long and daunting, but we have found solutions for those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend UltiPro to any company. The system is fantastic, it does exactly what you see in the demos, the reporting is amazing, and the people at the company are knowledgeable and helpful.

We had so many great items resolved when moving to Ultipro. Here are just a few:

We were able to consolidate multiple databases and reduce hours of auditing between the systems.

We were able to expedited onboarding without the need to send new hire paperwork via FedEx,

We gained fantastic reporting capabilities we did not have before. This reporting includes bursting reports to report owners on schedules, sending out form letters to employees, and much much more. Huge time savings.

We have been able to link our performance management with our Compensation and Salary review for one comprehensive cycle.

UltiPro review by <span>Jaronika D.</span>
Jaronika D.

"The Ultimate Experience - A New Perspective"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed our company to do more with our HR information in a more realistic timeframe. The end user experience has enhanced the usage of our HR applications when compared to the past. The real-time information including reports and dashboards is more aligned with our other systems.The ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. The ease of use with the Core HR applications has made a great impact on our employees.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of limitations with the workflows (business processes) and the learning application (Schoox). I think there is a lot of opportunity with the learning application from and administrative perspective because there is limited functionality when compared to other learning applications. The ability to be able to create an ad hoc business process and have more flexibility around the approvers org levels would be great. The ability to see all compensation history from one place for all employees would be a nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering UltiPro. I would ask the hard questions and really get under the hood of the car, so to speak. For a company with a Safety culture and very specific requirements around learning. I would source multiple options to compare. UltiPro Learning is still in its infancy and it was not quite developed enough to be delivered. While the overall customer service experience is good, there are still some internal issues with customer service when dealing with certain modules. The compensation reporting is not as intuitive and easy to navigate.

We are working on going from a paper environment to a paperless and email environment. The ability for all of our new hires to being their employment utilizing a system that integrates is a great thing. Our payroll team is able to reduce the complete the payroll process. The integration with internal business systems and other applications has reduced the amount of time spent on the manual processes. The demographic footprint of our business has allowed us to rollout things like benefit enrollment, compensation management, and onboarding seamlessly.

UltiPro review by <span>Colleen S.</span>
Colleen S.

"UltiPro- Definitely a winning solution"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about UltiPro is having Recruiting, Onboarding, HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time Management under one single login and site. I log in each morning either as a Super Admin or a Payroll Admin and Processing Only depending on where I need to be. It is fairly easy to lookup answers to questions I may have or view one of the Quick Tours and Tips which is right at my finger tips. I don't have to look very far to be exactly where I need to be. Also the Rapid Response team is incredible. They are very knowledgeable and work so hard to resolve issues quickly. Follow up is amazing.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike about UltiPro is actually a positive for Ultimate Software. They are growing so very fast and need more help. The Tax Service is slower resolving and completing cases than I would like to see. Also some of the reconciling reports could be better. It is sometimes difficult to match up credit and debits with our bank account. More detail would be awesome. Sorry one more thing- navigating in Customer Service Portal isn't the best. When you open case attachments you have to close and go back to the beginning to enter the case again from the start instead of remaining within the case when you close the attachment. And when calculating an instant check before you need to start the next payroll batch, you have to start the payroll, enter the instant check and then undo all processes just in case an employee makes a change to their record that will affect the next payroll. The start and undo process is a little frustrating. Payroll registers with year to date numbers along with the payroll period would be nice too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimate Software is a great company to work with. I do suggest making sure you plan out to go live on January 1st. Do not try to bring over year to date numbers like with did with a October 1st go live date. Make sure you have plenty of time to validate and verify everything in the implementation process. There is nothing easy about implementation no matter what company you are doing business with. This may have been smoother if our implementation manager had more face to face time with us as the customer. Trying to do everything long distance doesn't always produce the end result you would like. More training up front.

I am a one person payroll department for over 1500 employees so UltiPro is easier for me to use and I feel very confident about the accuracy of the calculations. The benefit for our company is that they can still get by with only one of me (for now). Having everything I need in one place is so very helpful. There are other things I could ask for to make processing payroll even more user friendly but I am so much happier with UltiPro than our previous HRIS/Payroll system that I feel pretty good about this gift.

UltiPro review by <span>Jeanne B.</span>
Jeanne B.

"The best move we could have made!"

What do you like best?

Oh, there are so many things. I think most importantly, it's the reporting functions. Not only do I have hundreds of standard reports already created that I can modify, but I have the capability to create my own reports to meet specific needs within our company. I'm in report heaven!

What do you dislike?

There are some back-end features I wish I had access to, instead of waiting to submit a request and working with a tech to resolve them. Simple things, really, but our specific plan channels back-end requests through our tech support. However, with that said, the techs are jolly quick at responding and solving my issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to test out the features of UltiPro. It really is amazing how much time and thought they have put into each of the features. In addition, they are always listening to customers and updating the software to meet their needs. In fact, at their annual conference, they solicited ideas from the attendees for a project for the IT team to select and program during the conference. This year they created a workflow to track LOA.

Our open-enrollment process has been streamlined to reduce tons of paper and hours of detailed data entry. Paper enrollment forms are no longer required. I can now generate a report immediate after closing the online open enrollment and submit that data directly to our vendor feed for processing. It has literally eliminated two weeks of data entry into our old payroll system. And, creating year-end ACA reports has become very simple to do.

UltiPro review by <span>Ryan C.</span>
Ryan C.

"Very robust, tons of functionality"

What do you like best?

We use all modules UltiPro has to offer so we get full integration from time to payroll to benefits and so much more. UltiPro offers a seamless transition from one to the next so that information is shared across all platforms.

What do you dislike?

Most of what I dislike are smaller, more nitpicky items. There's nothing about the overall program that I think is poor. I'd like to be able to switch between pay groups when already in the Payroll Gateway>View or Edit Results/Instant Checks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to set up the system according to the experts at UltiPro or your third party consultants. This is a huge system that needs to be done right. Don't try to do it haphazardly.

The full on integration has solved a world of problems compared to having to export and import data through various channels. All of that data manipulation from system to system leaves room for human error. With it all housed in one place, there is much less chance for mistakes.

UltiPro review by <span>Stephanie D.</span>
Stephanie D.

"Best solution for our business... we know the system because we built the system!"

What do you like best?

We went live in 2016. As my "title" mentions - one of the key advantages is that we built the system... tables, codes, and all! But as a result, we know our own system and can make changes and adapt to our growing business needs very easily. Plus - if we are lost... the Ultimate Community is one of the best social networks I have ever seen. There are so many resources available to help you succeed - there is no way Ultimate can't work for your business!

What do you dislike?

Because the resources available are so vast - it's sometimes hard to figure out exactly where to go to find your answer. You know it's out there - but sometimes you get frustrated in your attempt to find it.

Second thing - UTM needs a makeover. It's reporting functionality and the fact that the hours worked are not really linked to CORE - is very limiting to our business needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest implementation tip I can provide another potential customer is that you definitely need the resources to implement this system. We had a dedicated project manager on our HR Team that implmenting UltiPro was their sole purpose when brought on board. We were then able to slide her into a HR Manager role following the project... but it was invaluable to have one person solely focused on the project. We could then use the additional HR team members to assist; but keeping in mind they were also focused on their "real jobs". Upon implementation, we maintain the system with a FT HR Specialist.

Our biggest undertaking right now is that we just implemented Performance Management. We saw a 90% compliance for the first time doing reviews electronically - HUGE SUCCESS!

UltiPro review by <span>Lee P.</span>
Lee P.

"Human Resources Manager - HRIS/Benefits"

What do you like best?

Having a single system that can handle front to back life cycle of the employee from application, onboarding, core, payroll, performance, etc. Also, Generally their customer support is good.

What do you dislike?

I think that Ultimate Software is over stretched with their products. They seem to be chasing and creating the next best HCM "Thing" (i.e. Xander, Perception, etc.), however this is being done at the expense of other core products. There are tones of basics enhancements that have been suggested and Ultimate keeps commenting that they are in the works, or being delivered, but yet we don't see anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beaware of taking on too many products at the same time

We have been able to consolidate 3 systems (HR, Performance, Payroll, and Benefits) to one system. We have also been able to automate our vendors file delivery by utilizing the UCN (Ultimate Carrier Network) to transfer files to our various vendors (Cigna, VSP, Fidelity, etc.)

UltiPro review by <span>Jack K.</span>
Jack K.

"UltiPro gives you the Ultimate HR and Payroll Experience"

What do you like best?

The configurability and ease of use of the portal.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I truly dislike about the system, but if I have to pick something, the UltiPro Time Management portal could be updated to be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are currently using a service bureau model where your payroll is sent to a mainframe, consider this:

We have 1 payroll person on staff and our payroll is bi-weekly, paid on Friday. The payroll process used to start at noon on the Friday before payday, and would be complete typically on the Wednesday afternoon.

Today, I still have 1 payroll person. She starts her payroll process now on Tuesday morning before payday, and is done by Wednesday, typically by noon. By switching from the service bureau model to UltiPro, we are saving approximately 14-16 hours each pay period that can be allocated to other tasks during the pay period. UltiPro is a total game changer.

Our performance management process has seen dramatic improvement in both employee experience as well as manager/employee communication. It all started with our activation of the UltiPro performance management tool.

UltiPro review by <span>Jennifer G.</span>
Jennifer G.

"Why Olmsted Medical Center Love Ultipro"

What do you like best?

I love the integration of payroll, HR, Recruiting. When we first merged payroll and HR into 1 system, it was amazing the errors we discovered that were occurring because the 2 systems were not talking.

My other most favorite feature is the security. I can develop a security role to fit just about any situation needed. I have complete control over how secure I want our environment to be. Ultipro takes system security VERY seriously and even alerts us to strange activity.

The other thing I love is in the last couple years, they have opened things up to allow your to configure your environment on your own....for free. YES FOR FREE!!! They call it Platform Configuration and it allows you to create your own fields to report on. Plus you can change menu titles. LOVE THIS!

I am a reporting/database geek. I absolutely love the reporting tool, Cognos, that comes with. There is nothing you can't do with it.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is it can take awhile from the time you open up a ticket until you actually get someone to help you. They did put in place a Payroll Live Chat so if you are in the middle of processing your payroll, you have a way to get immediate help though.

Sometimes I wish there was more instructor led training. While it's nice to save money and do it on-line.....nothing beats having an actual instructor in the room. AND being able to lock yourself into that class. When I do virtual at my office, I'm constantly interrupted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to talk to other customers. We are a medical institution and have done some inventive things to make this product work for even the credentialing piece of our business. We have also built an FMLA tracking capability with platform configuration.

What aren't we solving? Managers love the access they have to applicants and their employees. Employee's love being able to do things on their own w/o having to make a trip into the HR Office.

We have identified overspending when comparing scheduled FTE to Paid FTE which was not done prior to the system merging. We have figured out we have a problem with our PRN staff working to a total of 34 FTE'd positions. The question was "Where is this FTE creep coming from?". Yep-that's where.

Having the payroll data merged with the HR data has opened up a world of reporting.

We are now fully using Performance Management and our supervisors LOVE how easy it is to do a review now. Our review completion rate has come up.

UltiPro review by <span>Tiffany W.</span>
Tiffany W.

"My favorite HRIS yet"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick just one thing I like best about Ulti. The product is very user-friendly and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, customer service is the best I've ever had with any other software (Ceridian, ADP, SilkRoad) and the company is dedicated to continuous improvement.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one, honestly. We are still working to implement different parts of the system so I really have yet to run across something I truly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro has a clear dedication to continuous product improvement, and truly takes customer feedback into account when working on future enhancements. I would highly recommend this solution.

When we implemented Ulti, we went from having 20 separate distinct payroll systems to having all of our data in one place. As you can imagine, the ability to finally report company-wide data has been a huge eye-opener. In addition, being able to automate things like Recruiting, Open Enrollment and Onboarding have been huge time savers.

UltiPro review by <span>Paul P.</span>
Paul P.

"Ultipro Review"

What do you like best?

The best part about Ultipro I would have to say is the ease of access and information that is available to all users. I can see exactly how many vacation hours, sick-time hours, and personal hours I have left at any time. I can also see updated information with every pay period which is nice.

What do you dislike?

One of the only dislikes I have with Ultipro would have to be the fact that PTO information takes a while to be updated at the start of each new year. After checking today, it still says that my reset date is at the end of 2016. Another slight dislike of mine would have to be the section titled "estimated through plan" under the "PTO plans" option. I feel like this section could use more explaining. Even when I click the "help" option, there is only information about "employee paid time off benefit plans", which has little information overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To others considering using ultipro, I would suggest that someone walk you through all of the features before you try to figure them out on your own

Ultipro saves myself, and others, time when trying to figure out exactly how many PTO days I have available. It is also the means of which I submit my logged time for pay and saves the hassle of having to use paper or other programs such as microsoft excel. It saves me time in finding and accessing my W-2 forms around tax time as well.

UltiPro review by <span>Justine B.</span>
Justine B.

"Managing a Challenging Payroll in Challenging Times"

What do you like best?

Ulti has given us the flexibility we need to accommodate our unique environment. We run several different payrolls, all with different requirements. We are always able to address the uniqueness of each payroll.

What do you dislike?

The customer service is very good. My only negative comment would be that sometimes my cases remain unresolved for longer that I would like for resolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have great implementation leads not only from Ulti but internally from your company as well.

We are a multi-state employer with many location taxes. Ulti files all of our payroll taxes for us which saves us a significant amount of time.

We also have a high percent of our employees that have wage attachments. We utilize Ulti's Payment Service feature to handle our wage attachment payments as well. This saves us not only time, but check printing costs and postage costs.

UltiPro review by <span>Stefanie V.</span>
Stefanie V.

"Ultimate Software - simply an oustanding service and support provider"

What do you like best?

The system is extremely user friendly and very intuitive. I can rely on Ultimate Software to ensure all of our Associates are accurately and efficiently paid each week. I have not experienced any payroll exceptions that resulted in an employee being paid late, due to the system. The software makes my life easy from A - Z.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes struggle with finding areas to build a BI report quickly and easily. I don't always have a lot of time to create a report when senior management needs one, based on specific criteria, right away. I can say, however, reviewing the BI-Delivered Artifacts listing has enabled me to locate some of the same information, already built for me. My take away here is that Ultimate Software has already anticipated various common report needs for any size business and made our job easy by having a report available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have worked with J.D. Edwards and ADP. By far, this system is extremely sophisticated, more robust, and most of all...easily able to learn with little no training, depending on the environment you are in. The Learning Center provides thorough instructions, live experience options and testing environments to ensure you are comfortable with the system.

I currently do not have any business problems, Ultimate Software enables me to proactively identify any process/tax reporting issues at the forefront. Your support team is outstanding and I could not be successful in my job without them.

UltiPro review by <span>Brandon F.</span>
Brandon F.

"The UltiPro Experience"

What do you like best?

UltiPro is a good all-in-one HR tool that allows you to see all of your own Human Resources, benefits, & salary information while also serving as a leadership tool to assist goals / employee reviews and understand employee history and salary information at a glance. This tool has also helped employees on my team to keep track of their own goals throughout the year. Additionally, I've found the tool to be very helpful in viewing company resources such as org charts, employee handbooks, etc.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the workflow is not as intuitive as I would like. For instance, it's not very easy to browse employees on my team, and I've found the action of assigning goals to be cumbersome at times. They have suggested walk-throughs to assist the user, but many times, I've been unable to quickly find the walk-through that suits what I'm trying to accomplish. Additionally, some of the terms used to define their tabs and buttons are not always clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro is a good service all-in-all. I would recommend that adequate training is provided if you decide to go with this solution as it is not always super intuitive.

The biggest business problem that UltiPro has assisted with is providing a real-time tool for employees to use to keep track of goals they have been assigned and create their own comments as they go. I think this really helps employees to understand where they stand with the team and the company and results in minimal surprises come review time.

UltiPro review by <span>Benjamin J.</span>
Benjamin J.

"Great tool for large businesses - really cuts out middle man for useless paperwork"

What do you like best?

It's a great tool that takes out the mundane paperwork. Before UltiPro, my managers had to collect our staff's time sheets (60+ staff) and then check them all for errors then process them. Such a waste of time. The tool also allows us to now request our time off and enter sick time from home. This is amazing as we can make more of a stride towards going paperless and managers just have to review the pending requests and make the approvals or request denied. Managers at one point had talked about UltiPro using facial recognition software to sign in and out. We are currently only using employee numbers but the idea of it is really cool.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I dislike about it is that we only have one machine so you need to go to this one area of the building before and after your shift. This can be a hassle as we are supposed to report to our offices for a shift change a little early and there can be problems with buses or traffic. Management have not been clear on whether or not they will be docking time if we are late or if it is forgivable. Some staff need to leave early (before midnight) to catch the last bus. However, this is more of a policy issue than an issue with the machine but the presence of the machine has brought about these concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know if our company was using another system to process payments. I do know that managers had to comb through our submitted time sheets that we had to print and sign then submit. Staff would frequently submit incorrect time sheets. This system now allows us to skip that step. We sign in for our shifts and then sign out and the system automatically documents this for us. If we are sick or on vacation we just have to sign in to our account remotely online and input that information. I can't say if it is better than other software but if you are looking to implement a software then this is a great system and it's a fairly seamless transition.

Managers can now do more tasks that are appropriate to their role rather then wasting time processing data that a machine could more easily do. We will now be more efficient and a bigger stride to going paperless.

UltiPro review by <span>SIDDHARTH M.</span>
SIDDHARTH M.

"Ultipro review"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface and one software can handle pretty much anything from compensation management to w2 to PTOs. It is easy to request holidays as well and to track what holidays were approved.

Compensation distributs the taxes and the description very well.

What do you dislike?

Some of sections are not easy to reach to and the headings might need some efforts to get there. It takes some to get accustomed to the software but once you get a hang of it, it is not difficult to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep digging and exploring, Ultipro could give you very detailed information if you try to look in the right places.

Managing my pay history and other things like requesting holidays and maintaining my working calender. The software has the good part of having all the features within one single space which makes is a good software.

UltiPro review by <span>Jennifer T.</span>
Jennifer T.

"UltiPro as an employee"

What do you like best?

UltiPro is very user friendly and easy to use overall. The program does a great job of keeping track of time sheets, and allows for customization. The main page walks you through the basics and through customizing the drop down menu on the left hand corner.

What do you dislike?

When saving time sheets, if you've forgotten to enter the type of hours such as training or sick leave, any data you've entered after the last save will disappear. It would be great if rather than wiping away what you've entered, there was a pop up that notified you about the fields that you forgot to fill in. Also, on the first page, there's a great chart that allows you to convert minutes into decimals. Unfortunately, this chart doesn't appear on the time sheet page, where it would be most helpful. I often find I have to save one day's hours, then refer back to the home page to see the chart, then back to the time sheet for the next day's hours

Recommendations to others considering the product

since it's a good platform and is easy to use, I would recommend it. The only issues I've had with it from a user's point of view have been minor, and overall I really like the system.

As an employee, it's a great tool for time sheet management. I've used other online systems that were clunky and took a lot of time to fill out. This system is much faster and more effective. It also gives a summary at the end of every week of the number of hours that you've worked, so you can see how close you are to your regular horus

UltiPro review by Executive Sponsor in Banking
Executive Sponsor in Banking

"We have achieved huge efficiencies with Ultipro, now a totally paperless HR dept."

What do you like best?

Easy of use, product flexibility to meet our business requirements, customer service and support is awesome, free training for life allows all HR staff to receiving training on enhancements, unified database allows for powerful business intelligence reporting, talent management is awesome, recruitment and onboarding help engage new employees before day one, mobile access for employees and leaders.

What do you dislike?

The products have set every need we have had since implementation in 2002. The company has continued to enhance their products and add new ones. Customer service and support has evolved over time and is exception when needed. Nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to implement full functionality to gain maximum efficiencies

Reduced HR staff while expanding employee population, went from paper intensive operations to totally paperless HR function, reduced salary expenses using salary planning and budgeting module, provide employees 24/7/365 access to all their HR related information, extensive BI reporting provided to leaders and management teams.

UltiPro review by <span>Linda C.</span>
Linda C.

"Great Choice!"

What do you like best?

In general, I love it all. We did not have a true ATS when we converted to UltiPro so I am thrilled to have this system. It is much easier from the candidate perspective to navigate than the system I used at prior company (Kenexa Brass Ring). Onboarding for them is a breeze. I love the analytics available through BI.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say there is a dislike. I would like it to be easier and more cost effective to connect to and post to outside job boards. The cost involved with putting that connection in place was to great given the number of jobs we have open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a close look - this is a very robust solution and they are constantly improving and adding features.

Real time payroll and reporting has made payroll more effective and accurate. Access to analytics has offered much insight. Being able to go in and post date actions saves time and ensures better accuracy also.

UltiPro review by <span>Regina D. J.</span>
Regina D. J.

"Ultimate Software is Great!"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility to create user defined fields. This has allowed us to be able to track things in the system that otherwise might not have been possible. I like the ability to provide feedback and input to Ultipro for updates to the software. The networking opportunities are appreciated and valued.

What do you dislike?

That we cannot track FMLA in the system in a way that is truly beneficial. We can only status people out and I would like to be able to do more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great product and we have been very pleased. We have a great working relationship with our customer service team. The online training is a plus for us to be able to get people up to speed on new functionality without having to recreate the wheel. I only have great things to say about the functionality and the setup for most modules is doable with the guidance provided online.

Ultipro is consistently looking for ways to improve their product. They take customer feedback seriously and what to know what we would like to see added to the product. They have upgrades to the product 2 times a year and as needed for compliance.

Performance management has been much easier in UP. We have realized a faster turn around, managers appreciate being able to do their reviews online. Easier for reporting.

UltiPro review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Ultipro is a solid performer"

What do you like best?

Our non-technical employees easily adapted to Ultipro, embracing employee self-service. We have been able to engage our employees and increase the accuracy of their personal data greatly. System is easy to use with great reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Would like the ability to change the supervisor without creating a effective date in job, so when retros happen you don't have to alter history. Also would like to have compa-ratio in the core product, instead of just a calculated field in BI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any system, there are always pluses and minuses. While some systems offer complete flexibility, it comes at a cost. You have to be able support building out all of the different workflows and processes. Ultipro is a bit more structured, which allows you to easily get started and launch much faster. They constantly are providing enhancements and are responsible for all of the maintenance.

Moving to Ultipro has eliminated a lot of errors in our old ERP data, since employees can now easily access their data. We have also cut our amount of paper coming through our department a great deal.

UltiPro review by <span>Jessica N.</span>
Jessica N.

"Very in-depth"

What do you like best?

I lOVE how I can see everything I need to see within the different pages of Ulti-Pro. If I have a question about something, I don't have to go to my HR person 80% of the time. I can check paystubs, and all sorts of information without having to play email tag with our HR guy. It's super convenient!

What do you dislike?

I feel like the navigation could be a little better. I've certainly gotten use to it, but I feel like it could be laid oput a little better. I like the headings and subheadings for it, but the physical layout could be a little easier to navigate

I'm sure our HR guy saves a lot of time not having to look up info for every employee. We can easily look certain things up that would really just be a waste of time for a human to have to relay to us.

UltiPro review by <span>Gregg P.</span>
Gregg P.

"Ultimate Software HRM is outstanding "

What do you like best?

That it is full feature and robust HRA application that is SAS based. The on going system updates are done by Ulti after hours so our system is always up and available during business hours. Since it is web based it can be accessed from any location. We were also able to eliminate most check printing and use the direct deposit feature saving us a ton of money.

What do you dislike?

They are so popular that when we want customs created we have to wait up to 6 weeks due to the heavy demand they have. Bu I have learned to plan far enough ahead of time so this really is not an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow at least 3 months from time of order placement to implementations

Payroll is now automated and the system confirms that information has been input correctly. Before we used Excel in physically took paper time sheets and populate hours into Excel. So tremendous time saver.

Online recruiting now posting job to our site and it updates all job boards automatically and they creates a work flow when an applicant files out an application and brings it into our recruiting module automatically. Again a large time saver and prevents loss of paper apps.

UltiPro review by <span>Susan R.</span>
Susan R.

"Efficiencies Recognized"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use. The modules fully interface with the core. I have used four other HRIS/Payroll systems over the years and this is the easiest and most comprehensive system I have experienced.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations and unavailable functions in Onboarding and Recruiting modules. Also, the timeliness of the payroll tax support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you perform your due diligence when considering another vendor. We spoke with the CFO's at each organization and felt that UltiPro was more inline with our business philosophy and looked to UltiPro more as a business 'Partner' than just a vendor.

Efficiencies with processing payroll - dropped from 2.5 FTE's to 1 (one). Also efficiencies in reduction of paperwork for benefits through Life Events and Open enrollment.

UltiPro review by <span>Heather K.</span>
Heather K.

"UltiPro enables process improvements"

What do you like best?

Payroll processing happens in real-time, no more waiting for long periods of time for results to calculate!

What do you dislike?

Having to reconcile our paycheck account. Ceridian would debit one lump sum per payroll from our account to fund the checks, but Ultimate does not offer this service. Having the checks draw from our account has created a very manual process which is a step in the wrong direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely want to be as involved in your implementation as possible. Do not expect that your consultants will do all the work 100% correctly the first time. You are the expert and need to check and test everything!

We were able to consolidate 8 payrolls into 4 which simplified processing as it eliminated many duplicate steps. I love being able to configure changes on my own without having to contact support or worry about creating inconsistencies between our system and a mainframe. These have both saved time and frustration.

UltiPro review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Ultimate Software"

What do you like best?

I like how UltiPro has taken many of our concerns and worries away. We still run our payroll ourselves but UltiPro takes care of funding the payrolls and paying the taxes associated with a payroll. Their customer service is always there to help in any way they can and their platform is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It's just a little thing that you can't have very many multiple screens up at one time in certain parts of the platform. When I am running the payroll and need to be in the payroll screen, I can't switch to the timesheet without it kicking me out of the payroll screen. I wish I could have multiple screens open at one time while processing payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are very impressed by the way they care about their customers and want to help!

We were on different systems when it came to our HR management and our Payroll. It's nice that HR and Payroll are all on the same program, seeing the same things as one another.

UltiPro review by <span>Dina M.</span>
Dina M.

"UltiPro - Easy to Use for Admins and Employees"

What do you like best?

I really like that Ultimate Software continues to improve its product. They really listen to customer suggestions and then make the upgrade to the software. For example, a feature to verify accurate address data was very helpful for our organization. The feature automatically populates the county and local tax jurisdictions.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is the reporting. However, recent enhancements to the Business Intelligence reporting has improved it. I would like to see more intuitive features. Many times we need to create reports on short notice and I would like to be able to create or pull reports quickly and with the confidence that the data is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimate Software listens to its customers and are always looking to find ways to improve its product. I feel that they are innovative and always keeping up with new technology.

We realized that one of the benefits of Ultipro is that the associate is empowered. The associate is able to update and/or change their federal and state withholdings, direct deposit info and review and print their pay statements and W2's. We encourage our associates (especially new hires) to get familiar with Ultipro and to know that their info is at their fingertips.

UltiPro review by <span>Daniel E.</span>
Daniel E.

"Although Ultipro is still evolving, they are delivering top quality products and exceptional service"

What do you like best?

The service and partnership that Ultimate provides. They are responsive, do not rely on patchwork customs, solve issues at their core, and create a great environment for user community involvement.

Any product that they developed works seamlessly within their environment, and although some customers might shy away from self service features, I personally enjoy the ability to be fully self reliant within their HRIS.

What do you dislike?

They have some legacy products that were not developed by Ultimate and do not integrate fully into their core environment. However, they have worked hard to develop their own products that will replace these, and are on track for full delivery in 2016. Again, as Ultimate evolves, we look forward to the full removal of back office so their web interface can fully mirror all of the functionality that their customers are accustom too.

So many! Before Ultimate, we had a mix of electronic and paper reviews (no info flowing to core), our merit increases were done via spreadsheet, and we lacked true reporting capabilities. Ultimate has allowed our organization to reach its full HR potential. This is not limited to HRIS, but also includes OD, Compensation, Compliance, Benefits, and Payroll. Although we have been long time customers (who recently migrated to their SAAS solution), the difference has been night and day for us. I would recommend Ultimate to any HR professional who is looking to get the most out of their HRIS experience while not spending an exorbitant amount to get there.

UltiPro review by <span>Melissa S.</span>
Melissa S.

"Couldn't live without this software"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has allowed us to become almost completely paperless. We have gone to electronic personnel files, electronic onboarding and paperless new hire process and electronic reviews! This has been the absolute best for us.

What do you dislike?

The customer service response has been slower than normal lately. Issues are taking much longer to be responded to and resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementations was tough! The software is great once you get used to it. Quarterly updates ensure the system is up to date and always improving.

UltiPro has allowed us to become more accurate in our timekeeping. The notifications we have been able to set up and customize to fit our needs are continuously saving money and avoiding timekeeping errors. Our managers are more cognizant of the costly OT and errors because of this system. It also allows managers to correct the issues quickly so they are able to get back to work.

UltiPro review by <span>Marija B.</span>
Marija B.

"Great HR problem solver!"

What do you like best?

I love the reporting capabilities. Basically if there is a field, it can be pulled into a report. And with the system being configurable, you can create fields to assist with reporting. Having all of our employee data in one system is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Some of the new features (like onboarding) don't really sync with Core. New hires fill in the data or forms, but the data on the forms doesn't carry to their employee record in Core (like the I-9 data).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need to be a systems expert to implement Ultipro. Online trainings are great and new features are always coming (sometimes hard to keep up with all the new features!)

We eliminated about 55 pieces of paper for each new hire by using Onboarding. With about 60 hires last year this was a significant savings not only of resources, but time from having to manually enter the new hire data into the system.

UltiPro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy and Clear to use with for enrollment in benefits"

What do you like best?

Clean clear options and plenty of options- very functional and easy to use to enroll in benefits easily. Benefits that are not available are not even shown or have conditional options so that not all employees all see everything/all options which is very helpful. The employee organization chart is also really helpful to see how people are aligned and who the managers are for each team member. It is really easy to change employee demographic information- such as name, address etc.

What do you dislike?

Too much white space for the amount of content that is on a page, when enrolling in benefits it would be beneficial to be able to send a confirmation page email of enrollment when it is complete in addition to showing a PDF and also include plan information for the employee to contact their vendors etc about coverage. It would also be nice for each employee to customize their homepage experience and show "Pay" above "career goals" or be able to view different options depending on what they use ultipro for mostly (some like to view their pay statements when they are posted etc). Additionally it would be nice if Ultipro is sync-ed with the company email to notify when a pay statement is posted or a benefit change has been approved. The life events page options are sometimes confusing and lead to many HR questions, if they were set up less like a chart and more easy to navigate that would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how the system works and is configured

Effective and efficiently using a platform to enroll in benefits in a streamlined way

UltiPro review by <span>Emily J.</span>
Emily J.

"Great customer service!"

What do you like best?

The customer service, hands down. The main reason we switched HRIS systems is because of the lack of customer service we had before. Ulti is great, with the support cases that you can easily submit, you don't ever need to wait on hold to talk to someone. They call you and are always so incredibly friendly.

What do you dislike?

Dating functionality takes getting used to. Future dating and historical dating is confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation is really hard, but very worth it!

With so much training available to managers, we spend less time training managers. We will soon be saving the organization money by developing and implementing the Applicant Tracking System, but almost everything has gotten better with Ulti.

"Round 2 with Ultipro"

What do you like best?

Ease of use/navigation * Lots of useful information that are easily accessible organized/grouped in a practical manner * flexible workflows * Robust reporting * Awesome implementation team once we got past the training (See comment below). * Our management team really likes the visibility they now get. Just being able to sort and filter the directory was already a big help * During implementation, US worked hard with us to find, even out of the box solutions. Extremely committed implementation team. *

What do you dislike?

Required upfront comprehensive training during implementation. Ended up being a waste of time which created unnecessary delay. By the time we needed to use the information, information was all jumbled in our brains, we have forgotten all the earlier training and we had to re-learn. Would have been more practical to learn one aspect, implement, then go on to the next. * TIcketing system and hierarchy of support impractical. When you get the right person, support is awesome but it sometimes takes a few tries to get the right person. Other times, it is frustrating waste of time and counter productive to have to create a ticket for a yes/no question. I also think 48 hours is a loooong time to have to wait for a call back. * Payroll Gateway for a company like ours with over 100 pay groups is slow and time consuming * Open enrollment needs a LOT of work. Set-up is cumbersome and if you have different sessions with the same plan package, we should just be able to copy from one session to another * E-mail alerts are great but because we have over 100 pay groups, getting over 150 e-mails after a payroll and finding the right e-mail that truly needs attention is sometimes like looking for a needle in a hay stack. * Customer support and case list needs to be organized better. Subject lines for US generated notifications must be made more meaningful. The various screens for each case is confusing and hard to get to the core issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insist that you do not have to go all the training upfront. It will create unnecessary delays and waste of time.

Salary approval process. Able to collect relevant information in an easy to view format. Report writing. The ability to get timely information has been a really welcome change.

UltiPro review by <span>Liz S.</span>
Liz S.

"Good Software but no Mobile Web Interface"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this software is to use, however there is no way to log on via mobile unless you download the app. It just tells the user the password is incorrect and when requesting new password, email is never received.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned above, there’s no way to log in on mobile web. User must download the app or else they cannot log in to see their information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your potential employees and employees understand they must login from a computer and not mobile device to access their portal.

Electronic time sheets. Payroll. The benefits are many-easy to use, easy to track employees time sheets and hours.

"Go Ulti"

What do you like best?

Rapid Response Line and Performance Management module.

The representatives that answer the rapid response line are eager to help. Sometimes there may be issues that they don't know how to resolve, however they go the extra mile to get an answer.

A rep. will send a webex where they actually show me how to resolve an issue. Since I'm a visual learner, that works out great for me. Troubleshooting live is what I refer to it as. Rather than following text and being unsure as to where to go, I get to see the resolution in action.

Performance Management

What do you dislike?

Performance Management module--when you want to have a standard review title there should be a way to differentiate it for the admins

I.E. 2018 Mid Year Review---this is a sample title.

Recommendations to others considering the product

going back to a BI report team per customer

adding additional hours for rapid response. There are now some issues that are done on the weekends. Do additional promotion as to what those items are.

Do a better job of explaining what the different categories are for Case subjects. I.E.

paperless performance reviews

UltiPro review by <span>Hang-nga V.</span>
Hang-nga V.

"Satisfied customer of 8 years"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software systems are reliable with all payroll tax rules and regulation. I rely on the Payment Services team to make sure my taxes are filed since we place nurses in 50 different state on short term assignments. There are multiple challenges with employees moving from state to state throughout the year to make sure we are withholding and reporting correctly.

What do you dislike?

The system is not built for Healthcare staffing company. Wish we have peers who are in the same industry so we can share best practices. We create our own best practices with what Ultimate Software can do and how we need it the best we can but would be nice to have peers to bounce challenges and ideas with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence and ask alot of questions as to how your specific needs work within the system. Build your platform during implementation so that it will handle all your needs but have the flexibility to accommodate future growth and new plans.

We are in the midst of activating UTM for our internal staff so that we can have a reliable time keeping and scheduling system for our internal staff. We are able to do this because Ultimate finally allows us to carve out just the internal staff to use this module and not having to pay for all the head count we have within in our company. Our nurse who travels from assignments to assignments already have this so we did not want to pay for the larger portion of our employee count because we don't need it for them.

UltiPro review by <span>Jamie C.</span>
Jamie C.

"Ultipro - A Fantastic All In One Product"

What do you like best?

The payroll module is very robust and is able to be configured to all our unique needs.

HR Core is great too, as employee records contains everything from personal to tax to career & education to career development information.

Cognos is an amazing reporting tool. It is so wonderful to have a reporting tool to easily create reports from.

The idea sharing website that Ultipro offers to Customers is also very nice. It is so wonderful to have this site to vote and share ideas from end users. Ultipro has implemented ideas from customers, which is awesome as you feel like you have a hand in driving updates.

Ultipro's Rapid Response Team is terrific, they are always friendly and able to help with all questions when you call in and turn around time is very fast.

With Ultipro you have so much support from your Executive Manager to Account Manager. You are never left feeling like you do not know where to turn for help.

UltiUniversity is also an amazing tool, as you have on demand webinars at your finger tips and the learning center is always available to research

The open enrollment feature was a good tool, it was nice not to have to comb through and review paper copies of changes, then have to manual make these changes, although we did have our hiccups with this feature. This tool captured the changes and made the updates, it was nice to not have all the extra data entry at year end.

What do you dislike?

Open Enrollment and ACA are not as robust as we had hoped. We had a lot of hiccups this year in both areas, but have come up with internal solutions to help us out this next open enrollment period. I believe Ultipro can offer enhancements to the ACA logic, but unfortunately with the complexity of ACA some of the issues are just nature of the beast.

Completing external interfaces has been very challenging. It takes a while to get a consultant to be assigned to your case(s). When you do get assigned a consultant, you definitely need to have your thoughts in order about what needs data needs to be on a report, there is very little room for being indecisive. Make sure to thoroughly test!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is Ultipro perfect? No, but truly what system is? None, each product has its positives and negatives. But what I do love about Ultipro is their commitment to continually improvement and how they involved their customers. This company genuinely embodies their moto People First. They are a great company to partner with to lead us into the future.

We have had a reduction in manual data entry. It is so nice to have hired applicants data flow from the Applicant Tracking System to Onboarding then into Core.

The employee portal and professional looking pay stubs has been a huge win for us with our employees. It was also been a win for employees to have access to change certain information on their employee record, like addresses, direct deposit and W-4.

Reporting was also a painful process for us, but with Cognos it is so simple. This is a wonderful feature and has been a great asset for us.

UltiPro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"UltiPro Insights"

What do you like best?

The configurability and reporting. There are a lot of ways to customize the system to meet our business needs. Other systems that I evaluated just did not have the functionality.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use for platform configured fields. These custom fields are very easy to setup, but difficult to actually report on. In order to upload data, it requires a service request with an associated cost. We do have to budget for our yearly software costs, so we typically have to do manual data entry into those fields prior to actually being able to use on them. Reporting on them does require HRIS reporting or SQL knowledge. There are training resources on how to do this, but it's difficult to follow unless you have technical knowledge on HRIS platforms. I wish they had more configurability for their user defined fields (i.e. drop down values, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend UltiPro to an organization that has standardized business requirements that could be utilized in this platform and has resources to implement change management and train those resources on a new system. I do not recommend this to an organization who has never had an HRIS, has non-standardized business requirements or plans on implementing this in house without an experienced project lead.

We needed an HRIS that we could use for timekeeping, core HR/payroll, performance and compensation. There were a lot of other systems out there that could do some, but not all. Instead of choosing disjointed systems and integrating them, we decided to choose UltiPro. We're able to track and report on more data than we had in the past.

UltiPro review by <span>Sondra B.</span>
Sondra B.

"UltiPro"

What do you like best?

I like that I have control to make changes to employees and add earnings/deduction codes. I also like the general ledger posting that I create monthly. I like having my Account Manager to help when needed.

What do you dislike?

The Customer Success Portal needs improvement. There should be a way to see what each case (past and present) is about without having to open it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UltiPro will help you when you need it, but ultimately you are in control. It is up to you to check that your information in accurate.

The UltiPro app has helped a great deal! Our employees like opening the app on their phone with their fingerprint, looking at their information and requesting time off. Our managers like being able to approve time off requests through the app. This app has cut down on our employees' questions since they are capable of easily finding things out themselves. I would like the capabilities of the app to keep expanding!

UltiPro review by <span>Sarah K.</span>
Sarah K.

"Ultipro Customer 5 Years Strong"

What do you like best?

Ultipro gives you the tools to be successful and self sufficient without requiring a lot of support. It's great to have a system that we fully control and manage. They continue to invest in the product, providing regular upgrades with meaningful and beneficial changes that positively impact the end user from the system admin, to the daily employee or manager self service user. The software is intuitive and easy to follow. Anyone can find their way in Ultipro from the president of our company to system admins to every day employees.

What do you dislike?

We struggled with lack of support we needed after immediately going live. We had an awesome implementation team and felt we were thrown out to sea when they transitioned off. We needed more hand holding, especially with a 4th quarter go-live date. Future dating was our biggest pain point, until we really understood how it works!

We have one Payroll and HR system now that is always in sync. We have manager and employee self service and almost all of our staff use Ultipro on a regular basis. Performance Management was a huge hit for us. The BI reporting tool is great with so much functionality and features, we have set up dashboards, scheduled reports and event notifications to drive our business processes.

UltiPro review by <span>Patsy  C.</span>
Patsy C.

"Ultipro Review"

What do you like best?

Ultipro has great user functionality and is intuitive. Multiple taxing based on earnings is a great perk. multifaceted authentication is nice as well to ensure compliance. Reporting capabilities in Cognos and ability to create and run your own reports at your fingertips is awesome.

What do you dislike?

some things can only be done in back office verses the web. Would like to process from the web, but can't process some from BO and some from web, it is all or nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to others that have implemented or are current users of Ultimate software. Ultimate offers some great customer perks (like free classes) and wants people to utilize their current customers to see how they feel about the product.

we currently are moving to track our contractors through ultipro-love the fact we have the capabilities to do set ups without Ultimate intervention unless needed-we are making improvements to how our pay stubs look, how our earnings and deductions are used, and GL enhancements to better communicate between departments.

UltiPro review by <span>Mario B.</span>
Mario B.

"The Ultimate Experience in proactive technology resources"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the ability to understand their customer, iterate on ideas and solutions that matter most to customers and the intentional focus on developing quality relationships with their clients.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I only dislike the fact that features I would like to see may not come out for a while.

As a mid-sized organization that is striving to provide the same level of service and support as our competitors, we wish to leverage technology to get us there more efficiently and effectively. This technology has allowed us to shape the company culture at a faster trek by providing deep insights that are simplistic and actionable for leaders throughout the organization. There are a multitude of benefits to this, reduction of staff researching time (Cost save), more time allowed for consultation and appropriate action planning (Maximizing key talent), and also discovery of insights that are relevant to each leader(Creating a more curious culture). Through the use of perception, unlike before, leaders are able to discover, through sound analysis, similarities and differentiators of culture within their own organization. This allows them to have a robust set of knowledge that empowers managers to focus more on what matters most to move their teams forward.

UltiPro review by <span>Colleen M.</span>
Colleen M.

"Ultipro for Ultimate in Automation!"

What do you like best?

The Ultipro system has afforded us the opportunity to streamline many business processes for HR and Payroll along with providing easy and accurate labor allocations which are critical to us as a not-for-profit organization.

What do you dislike?

Like all automated systems, not everything works exactly as you wish for your particular organizational needs, but despite encountering some features that are not exactly in line with our unique organizational needs, the representatives at Ultimate and especially our Executive Relationship Manager are very eager to listen to our concerns and challenges and work towards finding solutions or making sure relevant contacts within Ultimate Software become aware of features that could benefit us as they develop enhancements going forward.

We moved to the Ultipro system six years ago and have been able to streamline payroll processing considerably (we process close to 50 payrolls each week) for our payroll and site staff, we have fully automated time and attendance allowing timesheet data to flow directly in to payroll, we have eliminated all paper PTO forms by utilizing the automated time off request features, benefit processing has been streamlined with data exchange feeds to our insurance carriers along with our utilizing the electronic open enrollment system which again allowed us to eliminate use of paper forms. We recently moved to utilizing the workflow process for Managers to process employee changes, salary adjustments, transfers and terminations further reducing paper forms previously used for these transactions. In addition, we have been utilizing the Recruiting Portal for online applications and processing of New Hires which is further streamlining HR Onboarding processes.

UltiPro review by <span>Michael R.</span>
Michael R.

"UltiPro a sold HRMS system"

What do you like best?

UltiPro uses a wizard like format for all information updates; its fairly simple and intuitive to understand any type of information update.

Allows companies to go paperless included the employee file.

What do you dislike?

Support is all done from a ticketing function; sometime the service level is lacking and Ultimate is not responsive or can't resolve matters quickly.

Ultimate like to charge you for all extras (i.e. document acknowledgement tools) within core HRMS system.

Benefits enrollment is generic and clunky.

Workflow configuration takes some

Resetting passwords via the homepage does not work and becomes an administrator duty.

They nickel and dime you for file integrations with third party vendors

Premium charges for other modules (recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, etc...)

Timekeeping is clunky

Most of payroll functions are still within their backoffice platform, not core

Performance management module supports basic annual reviews; does not support 360's or peer reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the need of the product, their may be more efficient and cost effective platforms out there.

Report automation

Employee Self-Service Deployment

Manager self-service deployment

Paperless records

Automation of most employee life cycle functions

UltiPro review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Ultipro Product Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Ultipro keeps a job and salary history, our other data system that we use to house information does not keep up with that and we have to record it all in a notes section. I also like the versatility of information on the platform configuration fields I can add. We are in the process of adding a new performance review to the system and I love the goal planning section.

What do you dislike?

I also dislike that creating a feed from Ultipro to another system of record has been next to impossible. When in the testing process, if errors on a feed are discovered a new service request should not have to be opened. Had a major security issue with role administration that took an extended time to get resolved and took a lot of people to get in on. Was informed that once a role is ever assigned to someone the history of any transactions performed at that time stay with that employee forever. This seems like it is not very well designed to me, because we have had employees transfer out of the HR dept into different roles that should not have access to information that they once did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say make sure you take plenty of time when implementing the system, do not rush!! In the long run it will improve the information you have in there and save you time.

We have shortened the process of our performance reviews by making them electronic. Have been able to add custom fields to the onboarding process with platform configuration. We have changed our merit increases. Shortened time for recruiting and onboarding.

UltiPro review by <span>Kim B.</span>
Kim B.

"State of the Art HR and Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software continues to be a state of art HR and Payroll software. Ultimate continuously releases updates that ease our users' experiences while staying on top of all the new employee and tax laws/requirements. I never have to worry because Ultimate has it covered.

What do you dislike?

We are an independent company and like to control our own destiny at times. When we partnered with Ultimate, we chose the mid-market hosted option instead of the enterprise option which would have provided us with the control that we like.

I have worked with Ultimate at 2 companies now since 2003. It amazes me how their product has matured over the years. The benefit enrollment could not get any easier now which used to cause us months of preparation and then months of data clean-up.

UltiPro review by <span>RIC L.</span>
RIC L.

"UltiPro? Choose carefully."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the potential of UltiPro - it is very robust, and there are many features we don't use because we're apprehensive as a company. I also like being able to report data electronically.

What do you dislike?

I don't consider UltiPro user-friendly or particularly intuitive. It seems to take a great deal of know-how in order to access information or run reports when they would be more simply accessed via other tools.

Though UltiPro has solved one problem, i.e., having someplace to record training renewal dates, the modules we have purchased (or have not purchased) leave us with other problems related to reporting, tracking, accountability, accessibility, and moving our workforce towards greater computer literacy.

UltiPro review by User in Higher Education

"So Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my time, sign up for development training at my job, look at my benefits and so much more all in one place. I'm also on a search committee for my department, so it's very beneficial that I can look at the applicants in this same space and not have to go to a whole different website or system.

What do you dislike?

I'm so big on customizing that I wish we could be able to change the color of theme of it. That's honestly the only thing I dislike about it. I mean, what's not to like about it. I literally have everything I need in one area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be a lot but, once you see what all it entails, it'll be a piece of cake. You have the option of making a favorites list if you don't want to go all the way in and look at the categories.

We used to have to go to different systems to see different things. With Ultipro, I'm able to keep up with my performance goals, college wide training's, and how much PTO I have.

UltiPro review by <span>Linda H.</span>
Linda H.

"Payroll and reporting made easy"

What do you like best?

Cognos Analytics is a very powerful tool that makes Ultipro stand out. I can really report on any data or any field in payroll. One of the other features I enjoy is taking standard reports, renaming them and tweaking them to fit my business needs. Creating dashboards allows me to quickly see trends in turnover so I know where to focus my efforts.

What do you dislike?

The sign on process can be tedious. Entering codes from your cell or email every 30 days or from a different computer can be a pain but it is part of security so I understand the reason behind it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best cloud-based system with the ability to download data.

Watching for trends in data is new for our business. Our old software (Great Plains) was unable to provide us all of the functionality that we get with Ultipro.

UltiPro review by <span>Matt M.</span>
Matt M.

"Review of UltiPro"

What do you like best?

The thing I probably like best about UltiPro is the extensive number of things that can be accomplished through using the software. There is such a high number of item that can be viewed or addresses through the system, that it is truly a "one-stop shop" for HR management services. All the different aspects that can be used including PTO request/tracking, viewing W-2 information, paycheck information, and the ability to also do all performance reviews through the software makes everything to much easier as a user. Having everything in one place makes the usability a big plus.

What do you dislike?

I think the only real issue I have with UltiPro is the presentation of the website. It seems extremely plain and boring. Most screens look the same without any distinguishing characteristics, so I have at times had issues remember what specific pages were called, since they all basically look the same. Also, the tutorial videos could be updated a little. Thought they do service their purpose, they can be sometimes difficult to follow. Even in some instances, they didn't help me at all with how to perform simple actions, such as how to request off PTO on the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend using UltiPro is you are looking for something that can perform all the necessary HR functions for a mid to large company.

The business problems being solved with UltiPro is all the HR functions that accompany the product. The benefit is using a single system to be able to view and keep track of all things related to HR, performance, organizational structure, etc.

UltiPro review by Administrator

"We have been with UltiPro for 2 year and the experience have been mostly great."

What do you like best?

We really like the HR and benefits integration with Payroll. This have removed a lot of wasted time that was spent sending Payroll new hire and salary information, also benefit deduction information.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that functionality is limited for our international employees. For example, we are not able to store PTO information. Correcting job and salary information is also not available; need to open a case for these types of corrections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great integrated HR/Payroll system, look into UltiPro. It really reduce a lot of your time consuming processes.

The benefits we have realized is the time savings that comes with an integrated system. The Live Events are also great. Employees complete them for Marriage, Divorce and births, etc. These have an effect on deductions and we do not need to provide Payroll these changes. All in one system.

UltiPro review by <span>Natalie N.</span>
Natalie N.

"Great solution!"

What do you like best?

Reporting capabilities are outstanding, the interface is user friendly for end users and administrators. We love most of the modules available.

What do you dislike?

Compensation management could be improved, it is extremely clunky for our organization. It works well for managers but is a nightmare for administrators to set up. Additionally, their time management is not our favorite either, but this will be replaced soon by a new solution they have developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love that UlitPro listens to the customers and implements their ideas. They evolve instead of creating their solution and not investing further into it.

Reporting-our previous solution was a mainframe that took many IT man hours to build a report and then also overnight processing to retrieve information. Now we can report in real time. Also, providing self service to our employees and a little more transparency is a great solution for us.

UltiPro review by <span>Miquel E.</span>
Miquel E.

"A good enough product"

What do you like best?

Has a mobile version, which is useful when you need to make any adjustments or check some data on the go.

All human resources services in a single place.

Easy to use and visually good modern looking.

Speed and responsiveness are also quite good.

The password reset is quite painless, and secure to some extent.

Allows setting you direct deposit to multiple accounts.

Paid time off management is fair and performs as expected.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find what you're looking for.

HR support could use more learning on how to provide support for this product.

Some plugins only work with windows based browsers.

In some versions (my case) employee cannot change their own profile picture.

It allows placing information that feds from other websites, which might cause future broken content problems, as I have seen happening in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having everything hR in one place is definitely useful. However, it is somehow cluttered, and learning where to find things might take some learning.

As a user, I also enjoy the fact that it is externally from my company) hosted, so I can access it without even connecting to a company VPN, which is the case with most other services.

When it comes down to frequency of use, as an employee, I only access this services on average once a month, which might be also something to be considered when choosing this product.

Remote access to HR services.

Faster than interacting with and HR rep that don't necessarily know what they're doing.

UltiPro review by <span>Andrew C.</span>
Andrew C.

"UltiPro as a Full HR Solution"

What do you like best?

The software is current and looks good, they seem to push out relevant updates often. We are in the middle of a year long implementation but it seems as though it will provide the fully integrated solution we were hoping for. It has already changed the structure of our organization for the better.

What do you dislike?

The initial rapid install was wonderful but support almost completely disappeared when we moved into phase two implementation (very basic, not thorough). Customer support was our number one factor in choosing and HRIS and we have been very disappointed, feeling like we made the wrong decision. There is no relationship with your assigned support manager and many of the solutions provided when you need help come in the form of a link to a video or a pdf article on how to do something. That is not customer support.

As we continue to implement the various modules we purchased I continue to be disappointed. They usually consist of 3-4 one hour phone calls and the UtiPro rep is then very eager to move on. They don't follow up or ensure that you are setup in a way that will benefit your organization. It feels like you are just getting starting to understand what the module can do and how it works when implementation support ends. They have usually run you through one process to show you some of what the module will do but it is far from being setup the way your organization could optimally use it.

Our top four considerations were ADP, Kronos, Namely and Ultimate. I know ADP has customer support issues and Namely is very new. Kronos looks like a great product and is a great price but has a dated interface and navigation.

Some of the navigation, especially in "Time Management" is very confusing for our employees and administrators.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look closely at ADP, they are probably a better product but have a bad rap for customer support. After implementing UltiPro and being in a live customer support environment I would think that ADP cannot be worse than UltiPro in regards to customer support. Also, Kronos would be excellent if their interface was better.

We are defining organization structure, performance reviews, compensation, succession, better time management and more to come, hopefully.

UltiPro review by <span>ingrid a.</span>
ingrid a.

"Is very useful and easy to use, I mean myself in a week"

What do you like best?

I like that is easy to use, We use it to storage all the employees personal information and to sign in and out, every day I personally don't use it more because I don't work with the computer in the office, we also send orders from the restaurants to the kitchen.

What do you dislike?

Is nothing tha I don't like, just the make changes sometime, but is okay it works okay for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and has everything we need

no solving problems we use use it for payroll ad sign in and our storaging information, every day we work it save all the employees information.

UltiPro review by Administrator

"I have been an UltiPro client for over 10 years. The product continues to grow with our needs."

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the system is for everyone. It does not matter if you are an employee or administrator. It is set up well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the platforms do not communicate as well as they should. Also, we have international employees (expats) that often do not have their ITIN at time of hire. It would be nice to be able to put a pending SSN for onboarding and send the e-verify later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to review all of their platforms. It is easier to implement all of the possible uses at one time than to piece mill it later on as you decide to add more options.

We have been able to streamline some of our workers' comp set in the employee level, which has helped us since we have job codes that cover multiple workers' comp codes.

UltiPro review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Easy to use software to access pay statements/personal inforamtion"

What do you like best?

How you can quickly view a pay statement, and then download or print. Gives a easy to read screen shot of your year in review.

What do you dislike?

Since I only use it for myself I really do not come across any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. I would highly recommend. It serves a very important roll, but it does not make it difficult to update any of the important information. It has many quick tours/tips for the users that may not be as tech savy. It is all very clear - for example "Change Name, Address, or Telephone",

Easy to download/print the pay statements. Always needed for someone asking for a recent pay statement. Also, it is very clear to update all of your information. Including: beneficiary, emergency contact, and all personal information, so you will make sure that your W2 will be sent to the correct address.

UltiPro review by User in Computer Software

"Poor UX and frustrating HR software"

What do you like best?

I like that we have something to use for HR software and it holds most of our information in one place.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Ultipro makes it very difficult to find the information you are looking for. The way they have designed the software is not user friendly and ultimately creates frustration when using their application. An example would be when trying to submit a PTO request. There are a couple of different ways and none of them are logical. Also, the way they display number of PTO days is confusing and listed by hours only and won't show how much you will have for the year total. It would make sense to show the time in days first then hours a secondary view. They also HTML linked text most of the time instead of a graphical button which increases the frustration when something doesn't look obviously clickable. Ultipro also limits the number of characters when inputting fields like an employees job title. Since titles can get long they then have to be abbreviated which makes it even harder to figure out someone's actual when you need to look it up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See what else is out there that keeps things simple for the users.

The HR team uses it for all things HR related. It's the employee directory, benefits management system, payroll stubs, PTO requests, and Performance management system.

UltiPro review by <span>Cindy F.</span>
Cindy F.

"Accounting/Payroll Mansger"

What do you like best?

The seamless interface between recruiting, to onboarding and core. Way less chance of input error

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are just to many dates to keep track of what does what, but overall I don’t have many complaints

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is window based and relatively easy to navigate. They have good training and good suppor.

We have s very small HR and payroll department. There are just 3 of us that do all the HR and payroll for over 650 employee with 29 locations. So we keep the overhead costs down and with many of the features such as exports, interfaces, etc... very few errors

UltiPro review by Administrator

"Great resource for retail companies"

What do you like best?

The ease of configuration and customization of the product are the features that have worked for us the best. Being able to simplify our processes by using the Ultipro product has been a big plus for us.

What do you dislike?

I've been frustrated by new product rollouts before they are really ready to go. For example, the new recruitment module was being demo-ed before it was ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultipro knows how to simplify processes, which is essential in most businesses but especially so when working in a multioutlet retail environment with team members who may not be completely comfortable with computers.

Simplifications of processes, elimination of paper was a big win for our stores. In addition, self service for managers and team members on things like performance evaluations, open enrollment and life events have save the company money and the team members time.

UltiPro review by <span>Michelle B.</span>
Michelle B.

"I absolutely love our new HCM with Ultimate Software. "

What do you like best?

I love that all modules are in one system under one login. The user friendly system allows us to view similar or the same fields in multiple areas.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the onboarding and recruiting modules. They are great tools but I feel like a lot was overlooked when developing the newest versions of both of these modules. Additionally, when development added the new employment eligibility feature, it caused errors in us being able to view our new hires in onboarding. This issue has been lingering for more than a month now. We really sold UltiPro to our executive staff and to have these types of issues in the first 6 to 7 months does not look good for us at all.

We are now able to eliminate new hire paperwork and onboard all new employees electronically. Major plus in the books for us. We are also able to utilize scheduling and time off request electronically.

UltiPro review by <span>Danielle L.</span>
Danielle L.

"I highly recommend Ultimate Software"

What do you like best?

Ultimate has become one of the top HR systems in the industry. Their vast knowledge of payroll has helped me out many times and their system has grown quickly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

Due to being on UltiPro for 10 years, first tier support usually can't help me with my questions. I would like to be able to request second tier support rather than waiting for support to get back to me.

We are currently looking at improving our new hire process and although UltiPro provides user friendly onboarding and recruiting, I am anxious to see what the new modules functionality is like.

UltiPro review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"UltiPro Mixed Feelings"

What do you like best?

UltiUniversity and quick videos for training and help are a great way to quickly learn about the functionality of key features.

Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Event Studio, and Query Studio are also fabulous tools that the UltiPro vendor utilizes.

What do you dislike?

This system has the absolute worst workflow I have seen. There is no ability to reject and send an item back one step for corrections. The entire business transaction is stopped whether you reject or cancel. There is no difference between the 2 as an approver.

Not totally Canadian compliant, but they are constantly working on things. An example of their lack of compliance is out of country taxation e.g. T4s of these individuals should show ZZ, but UltiPro cannot handle this off the shelf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization has a complex environment with regards to benefits or operates in more than a single country, evaluate your options carefully. These 2 areas are major weaknesses of UltiPro

The main business problem we solved was the ability to get meaningful information out of our payroll/HR data in order to meet key stakeholder needs and obtain funding for operations.

UltiPro review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

"Intuative software that makes configuration easy. "

What do you like best?

The reporting capability is very robust and with little skill you can get detailed reports. If you have more knowledge you can get incredibly detailed reports. The table configuration is made simple by giving a simple view for configuration instead of having to connect multiple tables.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike. Only thing would be if you don't have IT support on site some of the more in-depth features you won't be able to do on your own but UltiPro does offer services to help.

We just implemented Recruiting and Onboarding and it has provided us fantastic insight into our candidate pool and hiring practices. With easy configuration we have been able to create an experience that is streamlined and quick.

UltiPro review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great multifunctional HR tool"

What do you like best?

Everything is contained in a single interface.

Can be connected to your companies AD for single sign-on.

Manages many aspects of the business (payroll, time, PTO, reviews, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a bit confusing where to go to do certain tasks as an end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an out of the box package that has many features you are looking for without having to do a lot of implementation, Ultipro is great! Granted, our organization did put a lot of time and effort into getting this to work with our Active Directory and importing of all past reviews and our entire training website, including all CBT's and scheduling.

We wanted to be able to use a single application where we can track payroll, employee benefits, employee reviews, PTO time accruals and usage.

UltiPro review by <span>Maureen R.</span>
Maureen R.

"Easy to use and accessible anywhere!"

What do you like best?

I like that the system is truly user friendly for employees and isn't hard to understand.

What do you dislike?

I think the benefits set up could be better. I think you need someone who handles benefits daily to assist with making enhancements in order to have the system work the way benefits truly are administered. Also, the rehire and transfer to different location process is broken and needs some serious consideration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed!

I was able to run our open enrollment process this year without any issues after many rounds of testing and failed previous year's attempts. We found out which reports need to be run prior to running our passive process and which ones need to be run after. It was smooth sailing and some changes I made to the set up, made it more user friendly.

"HR Specialist"

What do you like best?

The application is very intuitive, which makes it easy to train new users. I like how, as an administrator, I can scroll through employees.

What do you dislike?

The way Time Management and Core are a bit disjointed. EX: if the supervisor for an employee is changed, any default project assigned to that employee in Time Management will be wiped out and have to be re-entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have dedicated resources work on conversion and implementation! The implementation timeline was a bit too aggressive.

Hold on creating interfaces until you are "live" in UP. We started working on interfaces in Aug 2016; only one has been put in place....

Payroll processing in UP was a big improvement for us!

A benefit from the system is having a way for employees to enter their time and easily access their HR information.

UltiPro review by <span>Steve R.</span>
Steve R.

"We've hit a home run with UltiPro!"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility with configuring UltiPro to meet our needs. The self service functionality is easy and intuitive for our employees at all levels (and yes, even our players use it)! Further, I like the resources available whether it is our account staff, the subject matter experts behind the scenes or the online tools. For anyone looking to change systems, or implement a system altogether, I would recommend UltiPro!

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a hotline for help and assistance - I don't like having to open a ticket and waiting for a call back. If I am working on a project or task and run into a jam, I wish there was someone immediate to help rather than having to stop, open and ticket and wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage all users, and future users, to read the materials, take the training tutorials and to ask questions of your account team.

We have automated several processes this year, going away from paper which has streamlined onboarding, benefits and now, performance. We are getting updated information on our employees faster, quicker and accurately!

UltiPro review by <span>Wendy B.</span>
Wendy B.

"Big Fan of UltiPro!"

What do you like best?

UItiPro has been an incredible tool for my department to use every single day for employee information. As the leader of an HR department, it can be a challenge to have everyone have a clear understanding within the department on where to access things and UltiPro solves that. I also like the way our employees find it so simple to navigate when accessing their personal information.

What do you dislike?

With the most recent upgrade, it seems like there are more clicks than there were prior to the upgrade. On the flip side of this, UltiPro does listen to the customers that provide feedback in these situation and look at ways of improving changes that aren't viewed very favorably.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other companies that already use it. It's great to hear an actual user perspective to determine if it's the right fit for you.

I focus primarily on recruiting and being able to provide managers with status updates they can see on their screen instead of emailing them every time someone has moved from one status to another has decreased the amount of manual labor involved and improved the speed of hiring. We've also found ways to track something as simple as shirt sizes, so when we want to give gifts to our entire organization we can just run a report instead of having to check with each employee time and time again. Efficiency is the biggest benefit we've found from UltiPro.

UltiPro review by <span>Michelle P.</span>
Michelle P.

"Sophisticated HR software to drive all of your HR needs"

What do you like best?

All of the training courses that are offered either via the web or in person. It is very convenient to be able to sign up for an online training course in how to better use or utilize the options that are out there. There are also many helpful articles posted on the Client Success Portal that can be searched for and accessed at any time. The Communities boards are also extremely useful to reach other users via the web for advice or direction in how other customers are utilizing the product.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are very complex and not customer oriented such as imports. I can understand that UltiPro wants to make sure that data validation is in place, but I have worked with other systems in the past where I had the ability to do a simple import on my own without having to enter a service request (or pay money to do so).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a person who is purely dedicated to the product. There is a lot that is offered but it is all very time consuming.

Some of the key functionalities that we utilize and excel in our the Benefits Management (Open Enrollment, LIfe Events) features, Performance Management and Merits (Salary Plans).

UltiPro review by <span>Brett G.</span>
Brett G.

"Perfect fit!"

What do you like best?

The Ultimate software is very intuitive for employees and managers. Out of box functionality provides solutions for nearly all requirements and allows for a great deal of configuration to deal with specific requirements. The culture of the Ultimate team fits well with our company's culture - work hard, play hard. They are loyal and it makes a difference to the customers when our vendor's employees enjoy where they work and therefore work hard for us.

What do you dislike?

System administrators need to login to multiple Ultimate platforms (UltiPro Portal, Backoffice, Citrix, Success Portal) to manage all aspects of the tool. Security to each platform is different and a bit clunky. System administrators are usually technical enough to navigate through but a single login for all platforms would be preferable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The culture at Ultimate was a perfect fit for our company. Work hard - play hard. We accomplished a great deal and still have fun doing it. The activation team at Ultimate was incredibly responsive and treated our project with great care. They owned each problem and were extremely results oriented during implementation.

We have been on an older system that requires a lot of paper and emails. Employees and mangers didn't have access to their HR, benefit and payroll data. The UltiPro cloud based software allows online access to all data for employees and managers while eliminating all paper. We also moved from a 3rd party benefit administrator to being our own benefits administrator with UltiPro. All expectations have been met or exceeded. Adoption by employees and managers has been overwhelming. The success of our implementation was critical to the Ultimate 'activation' team, Overall a delightful experience given the amount of work required.

UltiPro review by <span>Corynne P.</span>
Corynne P.

"Excellent Product and Pricing"

What do you like best?

This product has so much to offer. The business intelligence tool exceeds my expectations and the customer service is by far better than any of the 5 other competitors I have worked with. Platform configuration is also a great tool.

What do you dislike?

There are system limitations on some things that competitors do offer. Specifically around storing contractor data and some functionality in the workflows. But overall there are not very many limitations.

The fact that payroll and HR are stored in the same database is a huge benefit. We never have issues of data not hitting our payroll. Having one solution for everything is helpful as we also use Ultipro for recruiting and onboarding which saves time when we hire a candidate.

UltiPro review by <span>Julia A.</span>
Julia A.

"Ultimate HRIS"

What do you like best?

I think the system is very user friendly and easy to navigate from a manager or employee perspective.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is done through Cognos, but can be difficult to figure out how to build something relevant due to the way fields are nested. Sometimes you might have to go intot he personal section to find info that appears on the job page. Also, there are many functions that cannot be completed by the system, but must be done manually. The APIs are confusing in that what should be accessible on the new hire API may be on something totally separate. To complete a new hire record, you have to push info using three different APIs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need a capable HRIS manager as setting up the system is very complex.

It is certainly a capable HRIS and there is a lot of support available to user admins.

UltiPro review by <span>Sarah N.</span>
Sarah N.

"One Stop shop"

What do you like best?

That it's a one stop shop! Employees can make changes (ie direct deposit, W2, etc) in one easy step which reduces our time spent on it and going paperless. I also love the recruitment part of it. It houses a candidate and all their jobs in a nice clean way and keeps our jobs nice and easy to maneuver around.

What do you dislike?

The newest update they did and the menu bar. I'm now having many more clicks to get to where I wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. While their support could use some improvement, the software is very user friendly.

Recruitment we have solved and realized the benefits of having it all in one. Also that the employee can make a lot of updates to their profile (ie address, direct deposit) helps a lot! we've gone paperless in a lot of things thanks to this software.

UltiPro review by <span>Alexis A.</span>
Alexis A.

"Happy UltiPro User"

What do you like best?

I have been an HRIS Administrator since 2014 and have only used UltiPro. UltiPro takes the worry about of being compliant, provides you with real time updates and data, and is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

My only area of dislike is in regards to the lack of course offerings on "content management". I would like to maximize the systems potential and capability on other areas such as the "Manager Guide", "Homepage", etc... and more classes on how to write html to maximize the benefits of the Cognos reporting.

Data management, performance management, payroll, and HR and APA compliance.

UltiPro review by <span>Patricia S.</span>
Patricia S.

"Innovative HR Payroll Solution"

What do you like best?

Ultimate Software models their People First philosophy by providing excellent customer service and integrated business solutions. The web based platform allows for easy integration with other databases and allows employees and Managers access to data allowing for greater transparency.

What do you dislike?

As a non profit with multiple allocation requirements we are hopeful Ultipro will enhance the allocation functionality in the future to help us manage and report allocations based on our business requirements

We have been able to integrate Ultipro with our employee recognition and mileage software which eliminates manually maintaining other databases. We are also utilizing benefit feeds with our benefit vendors. We are running dashboard reports out of the BI reporting tool to educate our leaders on key HR metrics to drive awareness and provide data for tracking of our key strategic initiatives.

UltiPro review by <span>Shannon A.</span>
Shannon A.

"Very user friendly system! "

What do you like best?

Ultipro is a very user friendly product that has a clean look to it. The system is very easy to navigate through and easy to teach and train others. The one central menu is easy to locate employee profile information or to find personal preferences within the database.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to dislikes, there are not many. There are functions of employee records that could be a little easier to view instead of having to go out of the employee record, back to the menu screen to find the information needed.

Our company is very large and Ultipro makes it easy for our team of HR Specialists to look up any one of our thousands of employees. All of our HR data and pay data for every employee is easily accessible in one spot. Including job history, transfers, terminations along with any other employee change.

"HR Analyst"

What do you like best?

Seems to have a lot of capabilities, good reporting, lots of options.

What do you dislike?

Customer service has been rough - lack of response, cases closed before actual resolution. Struggle with some of our initial set up and its costly to make changes to configurations we didn't get consulted with to set up. Some of the tools they offer don't have enough training on how to start using them from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through implementation set up with a fine tooth comb. Plan on around double the expected time-frame to be totally set up and done. If you're using it to manage your health benefits, make sure that integration is set up correctly. Train!

More access for employees, better reporting, better data capture. Online onboarding process has changed our world in HR - absolutely love that feature.

UltiPro review by <span>Paula F.</span>
Paula F.

"Seamless Onboarding"

What do you like best?

UltiPro has a clean, bright user interface and guides candidates step by step through the onboarding process. Applicants are notified of where they are in the process via email and notifications in browser. This prevents unnecessary emails back to the recruiter.

What do you dislike?

The user interface outside of the onboarding screens could use more color to help guide users. The landing/home screens can feel jumbled with too much text and too many modules.

We have been able to consolidate HR processes in house and also give our employees more access and control of their everyday functions.

UltiPro review by <span>Matthew M.</span>
Matthew M.

"New to Ultipro"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very easy to navigate and find what you are looking for; there is a very low bar for technical abilities to be able to login and use the product.

What do you dislike?

Specially regarding additional jobs; there is no effective dating, no job history or comp history.. it feels like it was an after thought and never given the feature set it needs to be a industry leading solving for multiple job employers.

ADD EFFECTIVE DATING, JOB HISTORY AND COMPENSATION HISTORY TO ADDITIONAL JOBS!

PPACA reporting has been easier with Ultipro that previous years.

"Multi-Functional"

What do you like best?

The things I like best about this system are Electronic Record Management (ERM), Performance Management, Time Management, and Payroll

What do you dislike?

Duplication of tasks because of lack of functionality. When marking trainings as completed we have the ability to enter a renewal date but the renewal date is only stored in the system and doesn't trigger any processes to reassign that same training for that date. Which means annual trainings have to be assigned after marking them as completed.

With UltiPro we have been able to keep employee information stored digitally instead of in paper files, this gives managers access to information quickly and without having to depend on any one person to get that information. We have also been able to meet our reporting needs simplifying many processes within our organization.

UltiPro review by <span>Lori H.</span>
Lori H.

"I love the programs that I work with most in UltiPro! (Payroll, Onboarding, Open Enrollment)"

What do you like best?

Doing Payroll on the web has dramatically decreased the time it takes. Onboarding new hires was great, but now with adding recruiting it is spectacular! Open Enrollment is also a wonderful time saver and makes it more accurate and saves a ton on paper waste!

What do you dislike?

When new release become available, the wait time to get them is sometimes too long. If you have trained on it and don't get it for a length of time, you forget what you have learned and have to re-train.

Getting the information directly from the potential new hire to upload directly into our system when they are hired saves on time and accuracy.

The employees are more hands on in their information to keep updated.

Time and accuracy helps cut down on expenses to the company!

UltiPro review by User

"Successful Implementation and Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Training, Customer Service Support, Tools to help yourself, Network of successful customers, Modern and intuitive technical solution for users, managers and staff with robust reporting tools.

What do you dislike?

As technology is enhanced, sometimes features you liked or was accustomed to using are changed or removed. Compensation and Recruiting platforms need more features and flexibility to deliver results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay tuned. With the continued growth of the product and the customer support provided, the product is a growing solid solution that meets the demands of the mid-market segment. While no solution is 100%, we have thoroughly enjoyed the product for our organization.

Our previous technology was purchased in 2008. There were no tools for manager/employee self service or ability to grow staff knowledge to meet the needs of the organization thru analytical information. Today we offer a very intuitive solution to our employees while growing internal staff to help themselves in many areas of their employment lifecycle.

UltiPro review by <span>Scott R.</span>
Scott R.

"Ultimate - one stop shop!"

What do you like best?

If you use more than one of the services they all seem to work together well. We use UTA (Ultipro Time and Attendance), Payment Services and the back office. It all seems to work together well to create a smooth environment for processing payroll. The web is being updated all the time for payroll and processing.

What do you dislike?

The Time and Attendance module is being upgraded all the time. This is good but it would be great to get more training on this. We are working on the calculations that are involved with our complex unions and it would be great to know some of the basics of how to manage the calculations ourselves instead of needing to use a consultant all the time. Let's get the basics of configuration down and build on it. Right now we are still building on a shaky foundation. Sometimes we'd like to start over with UTA and redo it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make the switch for sure. It is growing and advancing the way that it should be. The quarterly updates are handy as opposed to major updates semi-annually.

We are working on analysis of payroll from pre-check to prior payroll and reviewing variances. Also tax variances. We also cannot make adjustments on checks beyond the prior year. This is a huge limitation if you need to do tax adjustments.

UltiPro review by <span>Brandy S.</span>
Brandy S.

"Gets the job done."

What do you like best?

I like the UltiPro is fairly simple to use and keeps virtually all company resources in one place. It functions sufficiently and has very few technical issues or malfunctions.

What do you dislike?

The interface is pretty basic - no bells and whistles but it really isn't all that visually appealing. Some areas seem a little disorganized and randomly placed. I often have trouble with time off requests where the shift spans more than one day. Many times I end up with duplicate requests.

It's definitely easier to be able to reference numerous things (internal job postings, company policies, time off balance, etc.) all in one place.