What do you like best?
Umbraco has many things that make it a good open-source CMS.
1. Easy to navigate dashboard
2. Great personalization features
3. Availability of APIs
4. Easy customization and SEO friendly
5. Content management is too easy and user-friendly. Even a non-technical person can handle it with utmost ease.
6. Quite easy to add plugins.
7. .Net technology means it is secured and scalable
8. Can seamlessly manage tons of web pages. I am already having 1000+ on my website that we manage by Umbraco.
What do you dislike?
Getting started with Umbraco is difficult because of the incomplete/inappropriate documentation.
Another issue is about managing workflows, but this would matter only if you are implementing Umbraco on a larger scale. Also, any goof-ups in initial setup will make the life difficult in the later stages. It is advisable to take help of technical expert while you are setting up Umbraco.
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you are looking for a content management system, Umbraco is the right choice. Make sure you have an expert while you setup it for the first time. Else, very satisfied with the maturity and quality of Umbraco CMS.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We utilize Umbraco to manage our corporate website and other product websites. We have a 1000+ page website with loads of content on it. Umbraco provides a well-structured framework for us to manage our content. The easy to understand dashboard allows our non-technical marketing team to manage content effortlessly. The personalization features also help us to serve the global audience.