Unanet

Unanet software helps organizations that need to reliably plan, track and manage people and projects. Unanet provides resource management, project management, timesheets, expense reports and workforce collaboration integrated with financials (GL, AR, AP and Cost Pools).

Work for Unanet?

Learning about Unanet?

Unanet Reviews

Ask Unanet a Question
Showing 41 Unanet reviews
Unanet review by Paco W.
Paco W.

"Unanet power user for energy consulting company"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, flexibility, and customization are all strong point of Unanet. It also work well in a project based environment.

What do you dislike?

Security access and rights can be a bit tricky in the project based environment. Unanet is very robust in its standardized data imports and exports but, approval level and approval paths can get a bit tricky due to the different types of approval path available. This isn't really a dislike but prior planning is a must to get the security layers to mesh properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unanet has fulfilled all of our needs and expectation

We have been able to absorb new users due to several acquisitions in a fairly short period. Outside field staff are able to enter time without any addition manual processes. It integrates well with Microsoft dynamics as well with make my job that much more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Unanet
Unanet review by Arturo B.
Arturo B.

"A great innovative product that is much more than your average project accounting system. "

What do you like best?

Unanet is a true ERP system that can be used to combine several business units into one. Most project accounting systems are typically only used by accounting departments. However, unlike most systems, Unanet is built to allow access to just about every department in an organization with its role based capabilities. I like the fact that every person in the company is given the capability to create and save their own reports in addition to having personalized dashboards to satisfy specific business needs. The system is only as good as the data it is being fed. That being said, in order to optimize the system's value, its essential that the entire organization buys into the system and utilizes it like a true ERP system.

What do you dislike?

Unanet has very strong project accounting reports to manage projects efficiently. However, I would like to see a bit more from the financial side of the system. For example the system does not have a cash flow statement which is essential for most organizations. That being said, I am impressed with the current financials in place as it was just introduced 2015. I believe in a few years the system will be nearly perfect for any organization as in continues to innovate its capabilities.

First off, it helps provide information specific for every business unit in an organization. Normally, everyone relies on accounting or finance to provide them with project financial reports. Unanet allows everyone access to reports specific to their roles in the system that are managed by the system administrator or controller. Another advantage the system brings is its resource planning capabilities. The system allows different departments the capability of creating their own budgets that when approved, can be combined into a corporate budget.

What Project-Based ERP solution do you use?

"Unanet Review"

What do you like best?

Unanet is fairly easy to use due to the consolidated database and system. DSO has decreased 5-8 days. Financial Planning and Forecasting are fairly intuitive in Unanet.

What do you dislike?

Unanet has limited Financial Reporting options. No Cash Flow. Planning features for FFP contracts make it difficult to lock down plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unanet does not have a PO or inventory system so unless you are happy with a Frankenstein system, I would consider another system if your company is mainly retail, wholesale, or manufacturing. Unanet is best suited for a mid sized company whose operations are geared primarily for services. I would recommend Unanet to any service based company.

As stated before, DSO has been reduced. We migrated from a bolted together system to all in one Unanet. It makes administration a lot easier giving more time for analysis. We have migrated in stride from having almost no Financial Planning to having a dynamic set of reports that estimate various outcomes.

Unanet review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Unanet can be used to manage and plan your projects "

What do you like best?

It has very nice reporting features and fully customizable dashboards. It lets everyone know on what projects they have to work upon and what the billable hours are for every individual on that project.

Creating timesheets is easy as the User Interface is pretty simple and straightforward to use. Thus, it avoids any unnecessary confusion while submitting timesheets.

Alert system allows the project team to know how much percentage of the time allocated for the project has been already consumed .

What do you dislike?

Unanet is not providing Gantt charts for project management.

Also I feel that there are lots of buttons on a single screen which makes it difficult to look for a particular button instantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be used for checking the time spent on various ongoing projects. Since they provide a demo for their services, you can try the demo first.

Unanet has helped in Project management through time tracking. It helps in analyzing which projects have been delivered or completed in the given deadline, and which are not. It can be used by organziations who pays the employees according to the hours of work done by them and needs the billing to be done as per hours. Also by using the Alert feature I can get to know about how much time has been already consumed for the project.

Unanet review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Very satisfied with Unanet Financials"

What do you like best?

I like having all our data in one place. Our PM's, Executives, Accounting and Contracts are all working from the same data, in real time, reducing errors and reconciliations across functions. The PM reporting is great and brought a singular style to the org. The monthly Close process is very smooth and takes days a lot less time.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to get use to some of the features around reports. This is because the system can pull so many types of report and then slice that data into more refined results. I should have spent more time on it, not Unanet's fault. Once you get the hang of it, it is easy, and much easier than other systems (you don't need to know a code language to pull reports in Unanet).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Unanet to other service related companies, especially GovCon's. I have used all the GovCon accounting systems; Unanet is by far the easiest to implement, easiest to use and they are constantly adding new features. They listen to customer feedback and add items, like being able to run indirect rate calculations on your budget. We are very happy we went with Unanet! I can provide real time data to stakeholders quickly. Our staff has adapted to the product with ease.

The biggest problem we solved was centralized, real time data. We also are more efficient as we can close quicker, process invoices faster and plan resources easier. This allows quicker decisions and we're working off of current data instead of older data (for the longer close).

Unanet review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Finally! An easy to use and timesaving solution for the Govcon industry."

What do you like best?

We can finally see and report on real-time data and take the appropriate action (when needed) in a timely manner. Billing is seamless and easy to complete. Month-end closing can be performed in just a few short steps. Being in one single system is great! Multiple windows can be opened up on a computer at one time for review of past transactions. Project alerts are a great resource for our project managers to monitor funding. You can attach multiple files and file types to expense reports. The payroll file and export is easy to generate. The Unanet Knowledge Center is phenomenal and a great resource for all of our users. We have been able to reduce the number of excel tracking spreadsheets by at least 50%.

What do you dislike?

No cashflow statement yet. We have to run and save an AP Aging report on the very last day of the month in order to have it tie to our month-end Balance Sheet. There are sometimes penny rounding issues in Billing that affect T&M invoices only. There are a few reports that you can't export to a pdf or excel file. However, our Unanet consultants helped us understand (and helped us build solutions for) all of these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you decide to implement Unanet, appoint someone in your office to act as a Project Manager to keep the implementation process on-track. Talk to the Unanet Consultants and thoroughly explain your reporting needs before implementing. This will help to avoid any historical data upload issues.

Real-time data and reporting for our managers. Better insight into account profitability and funding levels. Future financial forecasting on each project can be done in Unanet. Greatly reduced the number of excel tracking spreadsheets. Huge time savings for our accounting staff. Time savings for our end users working on-site for our customers.

Unanet review by parth b.
parth b.

"Unanet was a painful experience from employees prospective"

What do you like best?

It had all the features required for time keeping.

From the employers prospective, one killer feature was one click report generation.

From Managers prospective, time sheets can be locked, unlocked, modified at any given time.

From Employees prospective, if properly set one can easily calculate PTO and work schedule

What do you dislike?

The UI is stuck in 2000s, horrible.

Its a pain to do initial setup.

The navigation is not intuitive, certain pages are not accessible from the navigation and need to be bookmarked.

The signon link is hard to remember, no support for SSO or third party signin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UI is horrible, but if you can live with it its excellent at Time tracking and report generation.

Wanted a simple time keeping solution through which we an bill our consultants on per hour basis.

The major requirement was extensive project wise reporting which Unanet perfectly supports.

Unanet review by Aislinn S.
Aislinn S.

"Unanet Experience"

What do you like best?

Unanet is overall an easy-to-use and efficient accounting and financial reporting system. I like that it is easy to record accounting transactions through modules that have an overall impact on reporting. The flow-through of the system greatly assists with financial reporting.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite item is that while the modules are helpful, certain accounting transactions must be done through these modules in order to impact reports generated in the financial reporting sections. It would be helpful if journal entries could still impact these reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unanet handles project accounting very well. It is easy to use and I'd recommend it to anyone accounting for contracts or projects.

We have been able to utilize the reporting section to lessen our outside reports outside of the system. We no longer have to maintain as many Excel reports to house our financial information.

Unanet review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Unanet is, by far, the best Project based accounting system I have used. "

What do you like best?

The ability to see real-time data has allowed us to be more responsive to the needs of our customers. We are able to provide spend plans, funding requirements, etc, with a few mouse-clicks. Billing is extremely efficient, and what used to take weeks, now can be accomplished in a few days at most.

Month-end closing time has been shortened, and we are able to provide executive management with company financial reviews sooner than before. Customer Service is VERY responsive, and always helpful!

What do you dislike?

The lack of a purchasing function is my only negative. But, since Unanet is rolling that functionality out very soon, I will not have anything bad to say!

Project performance charges are a wonderful resource for our project managers to monitor funding, spend plans, and run-out dates. This functionality is extremely important...our managers use this data when coordinating future funding with our customers. We are confident in Unanet's reporting functions!

Unanet review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Tracking time!"

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is very customizable and you can choose which alerts you want to receive, it helps cut down on distractions. You can also predict projects in real time and see if you are on schedule to finish a certain project on time. It has a good system that allows you to manage your budget concerning invoices and other various bills.

What do you dislike?

They do not have a mobile app, it would be nice to check my data on a mobile interface when needed/. There also needs to be a way to stop time if you are managing and working on other projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's useful, I don't mind our company implementing this software.

This software helps us come up with reasonable deadlines for projects, and encourages people to meet deadlines. It is also very helpful if your are interested in keeping track of your billing data. We use this software for various invoices and it helps us keep financially organized and successful.

Unanet review by Jenny W C.
Jenny W C.

"DCAA Compliance AND great reporting for PMs in real time"

What do you like best?

Program Managers need reporting in their favorite format that is easy to refresh and export. Unanet does this, allowing PMs to set up reporting dashboards with charts and also save their reports.

With the notes capability in Unanet, PMs can get the detail of all the work done, by task and with dates and hours for each employee, providing outstanding reporting to their customers/

What do you dislike?

There are times when I'm not sure of the steps to run a process, but when that happens I can go to the extensive knowledge center and find the answer or call Unanet for more help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for smaller companies look at SpringAhead;

Main problem is making sure I don't overrun hours and being able to quickly bill my clients.

With Unanet, I have been able to immediately send detailed hours reports to answer their questions - saves me time on writing project progress reports.

Unanet review by April B.
April B.

"I love Unanet!"

What do you like best?

My experience with unanet has been wonderful! I Absolutely love the fact that I can monitor my budget and view my invoices and various bills. It is a very useful system and I love the fact that it is cheaper than other systems. The interface is very clean and compatible with tons of projects. I certainly would recommend this system to my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have had to change my password so often, and the fact that it is very confusing to learn at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to others is to allow yourself time to get acquainted with the system.

I am solving time management problems by logging how many hours my employees spend on a specific task. A benefit I have realized is that the product is very versatile.

Unanet review by Hugh S.
Hugh S.

"Unanet has been transformational for our business, the single source for projects and financials"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, real time data accessibility

What do you dislike?

Not a lot that I dislike, looking forward to 10.2 upgrade to enhance requested enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have complimented their world class project management application with an industry-class accounting system - truly compliments any size business. Customer support at Unanet is outstanding.

Due to lack of integrated systems and databases, we had an abundance of manual accounting processes and multiple project reporting formats. Benefits of Unanet Financials is that we've reduced the financial close to less than 10 days, improved timely project and financial reporting, project forecasting updates are in the same system and therefore financial forecasting is more accurate.

Unanet review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Excellent Professional Services Automation tool for Government Contractors"

What do you like best?

Built from the start as a DCAA-compliant system. Has all the capabilities of the very expensive systems like Deltek's CostPoint or GCM, with a much more reasonable price. Excellent project reporting capability, compliance checking, timesheet system, automatic emailed reports, alerts, etc. A hosted system for startups is extremely inexpensive, while offering role-based security, subcontractor logins, and much more. All around a very nice system, responsive support staff, and great management team!

What do you dislike?

They don't have a dedicated mobile app (yet)! While the timesheet is usable on a mobile device, it's not as easy as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unanet is a very powerful system with all the bells and whistles needed for Federal government contracting. However, the need to meet government compliance rules demands some complexity... so while the user functions are extremely easy and intuitive, the administrator functions require substantial expertise to master.

As a government contractor, we provide service-based solutions to the Federal government and our prime contractors... Unanet allows us to have a powerful, credible, and compliant system for any contract type.

Unanet review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Unanet review"

What do you like best?

The reporting functions are easy and straightforward. It is easy to separate charge codes and enter time in the system. The expense statement process is simple too.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the system does not generate reports in different formats such as excel or pdf.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making it a more web based system with ability to have reports as excel or PDF format.

It helps with contract accounting since it can separate between projects and different government contracts. It allows us to pull reports regarding leave and sick items too. I know from an accounting standpoint that it has been doing well.

Unanet review by User in Computer Software

"Used for timesheets at my company"

What do you like best?

In terms of doing the actual timesheet, it works. I have a lot of cases and it's easy to select each case and pump the hours in.

What do you dislike?

-There needs to be a what-if function. I understand that there is a report generation functionality but that is not built into the product with intuitive design. I understand that the employers don't want their employees to "pad" their timesheets. However, when I fill out my timesheets I like to know if and when I will be going over the budgeted case hours so I can figure out if I need to work a few extra hours to avoid a hit on my billability.

-Users are not permitted to enter hours less than 0.5. I'd like to be able to log a minimum of 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes. For instance, if I have to send a very long email to explain something to a client, I would like to be able to log the 10 minutes that I spent on that - especially if that is the only thing that I do for that case on that particular day. Allowing employees to enter their hours per case by the minute rather than by the hour/half-hour keeps them productive and honest. Otherwise, it's compelling users to pad their timesheet which nearly defeats the purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other software first. I'm sure there is something else on the market that meets all of your requirements.

As I said, we use it for timesheets at work.

Unanet review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Unanet Financials is a huge time saver"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that my financials and project information are all tied together allowing me to do more value add analysis than just trying to keep the business running.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is some of the current reporting limitations, which are being worked, but would like more trending reports.

We have solved keeping our projects accounting and financial accounting in sync. We have realized a number of productivity improvements in our close process, our project reporting process and our payroll process.

Unanet review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Unanet Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the system in order to enter in time especially for different charge codes and it's accountability for that function. The reporting system is straight forward and simple to use. It is easy to submit expense reports and easy approval process.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit outdated, compatibility with other systems such HRIS system is a bit limited and reporting does not import to excel, PDF or Word. There needs to be a big upgrade to be competitive with other timesheet systems.

It helped with keep track of different charge codes, easy to submit your time on a daily basis and final approval at the end of each pay period and processing expense statements was simple.

Unanet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Comprehensive, but complicated"

What do you like best?

It covers all my needs for tracking expenses and hours. The UI is very bare-bones and does not take up much room on the screen which allows for faster navigation.

What do you dislike?

The UI is not very intuitive because there are a lot of buttons and links all over the screens that are not clearly marked. There are no help icons or flags, and sometimes there appear to be redundant fields or options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Unanet is relatively straightforward if you are following the same process from one week to the next. However, if your expense calculations get complicated, such as calculating mileage or breaking out phone usage between personal and professional use, the process of doing so via Unanet can start to get complicated. I would recommend using Unanet only if you are okay with a very minimalist design and relatively basic billing needs. Otherwise, Unanet can handle nearly any billing need you may have, but you will need to provide very detailed instructions to users on how to navigate their way through the product.

I am submitting a timesheet to capture how many hours I have worked during the week. I also use it to capture the amount of business-related expenses I have accrued during the week in order to process my reimbursement.

Unanet review by Susan M.
Susan M.

"Outstanding tool that delivers exactly as promised"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We are a small company of less than 30 employees. Everyone enjoys using Unanet. As someone who uses it for more than just time and expense entry, I cannot think of a better tool. I've also used Deltek, Quickbooks, Journyx and NetSuite. Unanet is, by far, the best.

What do you dislike?

I really like everything. Can't think of anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

nothing

It solved our expense reporting problem and invoicing problem. It has saved time and money.

Unanet review by Cory M.
Cory M.

"Unanet is a great product!"

What do you like best?

Our experience with Unanet has been excellent. We are using it to support a DCAA auditable accounting and financial practice and it is working quite well. It’s flexibility as to the setup and configuration at the user interface level is outstanding. It truly allows us to create our company policies and procedures and tailor Unanet to those and not vice versa.

It is a lightweight interface that is intuitive and well designed. It includes the ability to configure user roles for everyone from a basic timesheet or expense user to a Controller or CFO that oversees the entire financial operation of the business. We have especially enjoyed its ability to export financial data to CSV files, be able to manipulate those exports, and import them into payroll systems, accounting systems, and more.

Moreover, it is scalable and cost effective. It allows you to setup an operation for a startup company and scale it accordingly, including costs, as you grow. It is a 100% tailorable and lightweight ERP. It can implement as little or as much rigor as you desire into your finance and accounting operations. We are excited to further understand and eventually implement Unanet financial as it seems to be on a strong trajectory in its early stages.

It is a great product that we highly recommend!

What do you dislike?

I have not found any issues with Unanet that cannot be resolved. I looked long and hard for a flexible and tailorable tool and Unanet is it.

DCAA auditable finance and accounting practices

Unanet review by Shashank S.
Shashank S.

"A barebone time and expense tracking software that offers little else"

What do you like best?

Unanet is a no-frills time and expense reporting tool that provides just enough support for entering and managing time and expenses quickly and relatively painlessly. The reporting section is a nice bonus, and the site is nicely mapped out making it intuitive to make use of the appropriate functionality.

What do you dislike?

Unanet resembles a senior year software project more than a professional software product. The UI design, UX and fonts, etc. are all over the place and I especially found it not intuitive enough to enter expenses.

I work in an IT consulting firm with a lot of traveling and other expenses incurred on a monthly basis, and Unanet's expense reporting feature comes really handy.

Unanet review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Effective project planning made easy"

What do you like best?

So easy to complete timesheets, to effectively plan, import and export schedules. Excellent for billing and financial planning.

What do you dislike?

The customization options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the importing and exporting of reports. It was a bit difficult to figure out the steps and how to do everything exactly according to the structure, but with practice, the program is easy to understand.

Timesheets, financial planning, breakdown of costs by tasks.

This program has made each of those tasks much simpler and streamlined.

Unanet review by Chasity C.
Chasity C.

"Uanet positive product review"

What do you like best?

Uanet is eady to use, barring you are trained or some some knowledge to do so. It can be used for resource management, budgeting, projecta, tjmesheets, expense sheets, ccounting and billing. It beats any other organizational software.

What do you dislike?

You must have theproper knowledge and training of understanding business aspects to be successful using this software. There are really no bad points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this for your business needs, whether they be acvounting, project organization, etc.

Mainly budgeting and planning, and project management. Using this software, i have found it is not only affordable, but it is an extremely integrated system.

Unanet review by Cecelia D.
Cecelia D.

"A solid, no-frills time tracking tool"

What do you like best?

Unanet is an accountable, and simple time tracking tool with a lot of power behind it. It allows time tracking down to the 10th of an hour (so 6 minutes), and allows organization into different projects and hierarchies.

What do you dislike?

It's not aesthetically pleasing. It works well, and consistently, but it's just not as pretty as other tools out there, like freshbooks and the like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize that it is a SOLID tool. Other services focus so much on UI that they don't take the time to support an efficient application.

Time tracking - down to 6 minute time increments. Benefits are that it is intuitive, and easy to load.

Unanet review by User in Computer Software

"Unanet Unnecessarily Complex Time Sheet Product"

What do you like best?

I don't particularly like Unanet. I find it more complex and harder to use than it needs to be, and the interface is nothing short of ugly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike pretty much everything about Unanet. It's ugly, it's complicated, you can't enter your own codes, it's difficult to correct errors, and, for reasons I cannot fathom, the lines are tiny, making it especially easy to misenter your time. It's designed very badly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend companies considering Unanet look into more user friendly and attractive systems of time sheet and/or expense management.

We use it to do our time sheets at my workplace. It is also used for expense reports.

Unanet review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Easy to use time card software"

What do you like best?

I like how unanet has an easy to use interface and the new user can navigate to where they want to go with relative ease.

What do you dislike?

My main dislike for unanet was its security. I was supposed to be forced to change my password every 60 days, but after my 60 were up I was still able to login for an additional 3 months until I was eventually forced to change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When Unanet was implemented at my company there were some hiccups. Make sure to have your current time system running before implementing Unanet.

My current business problems involve the management of employees and keeping track of requested days off and such.

Unanet review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Unanet Project Manager Review with reliance on EVM"

What do you like best?

The product and the company. The product is both versatile and intuitive. It provides numerous reports and allows modifications to existing reports and the easy creation of new reports.

The company listens to its users and makes changes that improve the usability of the product and productivity of the users. We had requested some additional reports be added to the standard reports and Unanet agreed, providing the reports in the next release. Each release was accompanied by detailed release notes and classes were provided to bring you up to speed on new features or changes.

When we were researching Unanet, I called several current users in order to find out how they used the tools and their experiences with Unanet. One of the recommendations took over two hows answering my questions and walking me through various features of the product. Their product loyalty and the time they took to promote a product was one of the factors that lead us to purchasing Unanet. I had similar experiences with other Unanet reference checks: they had the same positive comments. This company is doing something RIGHT!

What do you dislike?

I disliked the limits my company put on their implementation. My company would not allow me full views of all the reports and information that I felt I needed to do my job as a Program Manager. Their self-imposed restrictions cost my project money because I could not act on the information that Unanet had and could easily provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool!

We needed to report EVM data to our Federal Clients. Unanet provided a intuitive way to capture the data and presented the information in a meaningful way.

Unanet review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Fairly easy to use project management software"

What do you like best?

Unanet is fairly simple to use, works pretty well. It makes it easy to keep track of time and resources, and provides nice simple visual reports.

What do you dislike?

A little confusing to set up, but this is more likely due to my simple use case and not needing/wanting to spend time learning the more complex usage such as integrating into accounting software.

Currently reviewing this software along with others. but it appears to be one of the better time management suites.

Unanet review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great product that cuts down time on project management needs."

What do you like best?

I have a lot of financial figures to keep track of and Unanet does a very efficient job of helping with this.

What do you dislike?

It is not as user friendly as some platforms I have used in the past as far as the way it is guided and centered.

Does a great job in terms of solving PPM needs and the diagnostics that have made the efficiencies of my workplace much easier.

Unanet review by Roger B.
Roger B.

"Decent time management software. "

What do you like best?

Unanet is a very intuitive easy to use resource and time management tool.

What do you dislike?

As far as time tracking goes unanet serves its purpose well, I'm not the biggest fan of the UI but it gets the job done.

N/A

Unanet review by Avni M.
Avni M.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

As of my experience, this product is very much useful for financial purpose such as accounting and it's working quite well.

Unanet is flexible as well as interesting product.

What do you dislike?

The product is running well without any bugs. So, no possibility to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to use this product as this product is flexible and easy to use.

Moreover, It helps in management of employees and projects too. It is a great product.

Management of Employees

Unanet review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

It helps our company organize and keep our financial items secure and easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that not many businesses around us use it. I will share this review with all my neighboring businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it ASAP

Easy, simple and secure. It helps give us peace of mind.

Unanet review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Unanet is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to fill out and submit my timesheet as well as to run reports.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't very modern; it could use some redesign.

We are able to track hours that people are working and identify people who are working too much overtime. Unanet also allows us to make sure we are billing our clients accurately.

Unanet review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Review of Unanet Financials"

What do you like best?

Real time reporting capability, reminder emails

What do you dislike?

Unable to attach signature line to invoices

We are now able to allow people to review reports on an on-going basis. We will also see an uptick in invoicing time when we are fully live in the system.

Unanet review by User in Information Technology and Services

"My experience using Unanet as employee and supervisor"

What do you like best?

The consolidation of time sheet entry and approval and expenses.

What do you dislike?

The dated layout and design could stand to be updated for a visual benefit.

Maintaining solid tracking of employee time and expenses.

Unanet review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A Positive Overall PSA Experience"

What do you like best?

The platform can be accessed on any device. Project metrics and forecasts are updated in real-time. The software is fairly simple and easy to use. Resource management and allocation features work well.

What do you dislike?

The billing, accounting & revenue recognition aspects of the software could use significant improvement. Specifically, more flexibility is needed on fixed price projects where revenue is recognized at the project level on a percent complete basis (particularly where multiple, deliverable-based billing items are concerned).

The use of "Search"/"List" tabs in every aspect of the navigation architecture can be cumbersome. Shared reports can quickly become difficult to manage since they can't be shared with specific people or organized intuitively within the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to implement in house if you have a team comfortable with technology and aren't migrating too much data.

Tracking project metrics and forecasts in real time is an enormous benefit.

Unanet review by User in Higher Education

"Great service"

What do you like best?

Usability is better than it has to be !

What do you dislike?

we're not entirely project-driven and we like it so much we wish it was a big more flexible with other work

efficiency, workflow

Unanet review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"I like the versatility"

What do you like best?

The way it interstates with my current system works out great for our company.

What do you dislike?

It always takes a while to get used to a new system. I didn't pick it up as fast as I'd like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommend this softeare

It has everything I need in this one program.

Unanet review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Clunky, unintuitive system makes for a challenging user experience"

What do you like best?

Ability to build/view reports, ability to see people/projects in one place

What do you dislike?

Unintuitive user flow / too many clicks to get to the area of the interface you want

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unanet is an okay solution for time management, however it's unintuitive interface is a huge barrier of entry for many users and prevented the majority of people in our organization from adopting the system.

Project / People Management

Unanet review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great application for professionals"

What do you like best?

budgeting and forecasting capabiliites. Easy to generate graphs. Helps pinpoint where the costs are going in projects.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think it's great. Would recommend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend.

Forecasting accurately. Better planning.

Learning about Unanet?

* We monitor all Unanet reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.