Unilog CIMM2

A product from Unilog, CIMM2 is an enterprise, cloud-based e-commerce platform, designed specifically for B2B businesses.

Work for Unilog CIMM2?
Miva  e commerce platform   review  2x

Learning about Unilog CIMM2?

Unilog CIMM2 Reviews

Ask Unilog CIMM2 a Question
Showing 41 Unilog CIMM2 reviews
Unilog CIMM2 review by <span>Gary K.</span>
Gary K.

Robust, Growing Platform

What do you like best?

The PIM and product management tools are top-notch when it comes to creating and maintaining an ecommerce catalog. The customer and user management tools are also quite impressive and effective. Overall, the platform has most (if not all) the major features that you would expect to see, and Unilog does a great job of providing timely support on any issues that arise. Though I have some dislikes listed below, I've seen Unilog take steps and build/revamp features to address the community-wide concerns, which is a major plus.

What do you dislike?

There's a very steep learning curve for the platform, and many seemingly simple actions require difficult or complex processes to execute (user-friendliness is a major weakness here). The CMS is also quite poor relative to the other platforms on the market - the page designer is nearly unusable, and accessibility to front-end site management features leaves much to be desired. Plug-and-play integration with other software solutions is seemingly non-existent at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Given the steep learning curve, a robust internal team of resources is required to fully learn and utilize all that CIMM2 has to offer. If you choose to proceed, you'll need to have internal stakeholders dedicated to mastering the depth of the platform.

CIMM2 gives our ecommerce team everything we need to adequately manage our website. From maintaining an active, growing product catalog to creating new static pages, we can access and modify nearly anything on our site within a few clicks. CIMM2 has truly served as the bridge that allowed our company to get a modern ecommerce website off the ground.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Unilog CIMM2
Unilog CIMM2 review by <span>Andrea T.</span>
Andrea T.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Bulky with little documentation and slow support

What do you like best?

I do think CIMM2 is comprehensive, in the sense that it gives you all the fields you need to manage users, customers, and items on your website. If you were to try and do this on your own you'd need a pretty robust set of in-house tools. If you are managing a site with a small team, this would be a great product as long as you can get documentation to show you what everything is and how to use it.

What do you dislike?

It's bulky, often slow, and there is so little documentation that knowing how to do something usually involves a phone call to support - which sometimes takes weeks for a follow-up. For example, we had coupons enabled on the website on 7/11/2017, and I was only just given the proper demonstration/documentation to use this feature yesterday on 9/11/2017. We have this same problem almost every time we want to add something on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get comprehensives demos during go-live, and write your own documentation for internal users. This will ensure a much smoother transition than we had, and your ability to use all the comprehensive features the product does offer.

Product and subset management, and user roles/approvers are the biggest "wins" for us. Besides that, just being a storage for the enriched content, and we are about to implement the indesign catalog creator which will save our graphic designer a great deal of time.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Unilog CIMM2 review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

A good Product to work with

What do you like best?

It's an all around easy company to work with. for the most part the product is easy to figure out once you get in and mess around with it. If you have trouble figuring something out the staff is very good to help you. Also the new platform is a lot easier to use, it does have some glitches but a lot better with the upgrade to Touch

What do you dislike?

We have gone live with the CIMMTouch and the issue i seem to have with this upgrade is there are some glitches in it. We have raised this to the attention of Unilog. Other then that it is pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never been into writing a E-page until this job came available at my work. When using it, it makes it so easy to do. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. With the upgrade to CIMM Touch platform it has made the back end of my job a lot easier.

This software has really helped us break through with our company getting into the Internet sells. as stated before a lot more can be done with the update to the Touch Platform

Unilog CIMM2 review by <span>Bill B.</span>
Bill B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Powerful, easy to use, feature rich e-commerce solution

What do you like best?

The software works; right out of the "box". This is the first major software implementation where the software did what was expected (demo'd). The implementation time was weeks, not months or even years. The technical support is outstanding and the entire support team (that I have had contact with) are knowledgeable, or even experts, in the software and even in our industry. We can comfortably say that we have a world class e-commerce solution to offer our customers.

What do you dislike?

As an e-commerce solution, catalog, and PIM it is outstanding. As a web design piece it lags a bit behind other well know tools (WordPress, Adobe, etc.). As such there are some limitations to the design of static webpages - unless you know html programming (which I do not). My understanding though is that the newest version is much better. We recently reviewed this version and are looking forward to our upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are evaluating CIMM (or any other e-commerce platform) ask them to show you how to do what you do today. in other words after the canned presentation ask them to walk through some of your real world example and how it would be done in their system. Ask them to add one of your items and one of your categories. These are some of the items that convinced us this would be a success here.

The PIM provides a robust set of tools for maintaining item information. Import and export utilities are simple yet powerful so mass updates are not only possible but easy. Because the backend is so easy to use we can quickly train new team members to work inside the software.

The catalog tools and features are first rate. This allows us to provide an excellent user experience to our customers.

The SEO is very good without much user interaction. Items frequently show up in Google searches.

Unilog CIMM2 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Pleasant Experience With a Few Qualms

What do you like best?

What I like best about CIMM2 is the ability to upload bulk items quickly. I also like the workbook feature which allows you to change categories for various items, or even delete a bulk of items at once. I also enjoy how quickly the changes appear on our actual website. All you have to do is a quick Solr Search Refresh.

What do you dislike?

The little quirks that come with CIMM2 such as site frequent site malfunctions. I feel that CIMM2 can be a bit sensitive when it comes to certain things. For example when you want to click the back button it completely times you out. Another example is if you upload a photo for an item the image title cannot have any unknown characters (- or _) or the thumbnail image will not show up on our website. In my opinion I just think those are two aspects CIMM2 should be able to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend, seems to be working well for our company. Gets the job done.

Adding and deleting items to our website. I can add or delete multiple items at once which is efficient. I can also edit item descriptions on the fly or by bulk. The search feature is very simple and allows me to find an item instantly so I can go in and edit. Makes the product enhancement process very convenient.

Unilog CIMM2 review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

CIMM2 Pros and Cons

What do you like best?

I like the way that our site looks and how clear and clean it is. I think that we will eventually get everything done that we want to get done and be extremely happy with the finished product.

What do you dislike?

I think that some issues we have while working in CIMM2 are not quickly resolved or even quickly looked at. We have cases that have been open for over a month. It is very time consuming and puts our work behind when these issues are not resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that the product and what you can get out of the software is great. However, the work it takes to get issues fixed within CIMM2 is extremely frustrating and often extremely time consuming. We have cases that have been open for over a month that have not been resolved.

We are creating a B2B eCommerce site for our customers to use. We have never had this functionality before and really like that our customers are going to be able to have a new avenue to place orders.

Learn more about Unilog CIMM2

Unilog CIMM2 Videos

Learning about Unilog CIMM2?

* We monitor all Unilog CIMM2 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.