G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding ­čÜÇ

Universal Information Services

4.8

Universal Information Services provides customized media contact management, news monitoring, and PR measurement services.

Work for Universal Information Services?

Learning about Universal Info?

Universal Information Services Reviews

Showing 14 Universal Info reviews
Universal Info review by Cris H.
Cris H.

"What I Need, When I Need It"

What do you like best?

Universal Information Services provides me with the news monitoring and distribution services I need, and that works for my life in my organization. The portal is easy to use and lets me build custom reports for various internal stakeholders on the fly. Best of all, I've been able to zero in on key stories and amplify them for maximum impact. The Universal staff is there - via chat, phone or email - in seconds to answer any questions I have.

What do you dislike?

For the contracted services, there is nothing I significantly dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask the staff how the solutions can be applied to your challenges and don't be afraid to have them help you tweak and adjust settings for searches.

I'm solving the need to measure and report on the impact of PR and communications. The benefits I've realized include visibility into the financial impact and influence my team is having on the organization's bottom line, as well as a significant savings of time in finding, surfacing and sharing news that positions my organization.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Universal Information Services
Universal Info review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Always detailed, thorough, and great customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is impeccable. Attention-to-detail is unmatched! They read actual newspapers (!!!) and use actual people to find the stories that matter to you and your business. I've received emails with congratulations as soon as a great article has hit the reader's desk, a service that can't be automated by any competitor.

What do you dislike?

Nothing!! They've always helped with every obscure task I've asked and have exceeded my expectations every time.

News monitoring and annual media analysis. I thought I would be able to pull together an annual media analysis on my own, but knew Universal would do a much better job. After consulting with them about my annual report needs, I decided to make the case for the nonprofit I work for spending the dollars and have ordered it two years (and counting.) The details and customization they offer is incredibly valuable as we continually work toward measuring PRs effectiveness.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Universal Info review by Agency in Newspapers
Agency in Newspapers

"Excellent Across the board"

What do you like best?

Universal not only provides excellent monitoring services, but the staff is great to work with. They are quick to respond to any questions or problems and can get reports turned around very quickly. There has never been a question, problem or issue that they couldn't handle or deal with quickly. The PR Measurement reports I receive are a great benefit to my company.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to report here regarding dislikes - everything has been positive in my dealings with Universal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Universal helps me do my job by quickly and courteously getting me media monitoring requests and reports that my company requests. Hands down, the Universal team is the best to work with - staff is always professional, responsive and knowledgeable.

This has been a great service for our company - it allows us to monitor other avenues that we were not able to otherwise.

Universal Info review by Marcia C.
Marcia C.

"Local, local, local"

What do you like best?

As the title states, we get the local news we need to do our business. City councils and county commissioners reports in local newspapers make us aware of changing insurance needs. Since we're Nebraskans serving Nebraskans that is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a dashboard that I can manipulate for results.

Perception is reality in business today. We have a handle on our perception with Universal's media monitoring.

Universal Info review by David P.
David P.

"Solid offering and customer service"

What do you like best?

Our business has many different focus areas and we needed a solution that could track all of our focus areas and brands. Their solution does this well. Also, the broadcast clips for both TV and radio are excellent.

What do you dislike?

It's still a text heavy solution, both in email and in the platform. If you have spreadsheet expertise this is a great option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid solution that is a better value, plus more traditional customer service.

We use them to track the efficacy of our earned media efforts as well as brand awareness for our properties.

Universal Info review by User

"Universal is cutting edge performance with hometown service"

What do you like best?

The best part about working with Universal for all of your media monitoring is the people. Todd and staff at Universal are intuitive, smart, responsive and treat their customers like family.

Beyond the personal aspect of working with Universal, their product is stellar; with a slick dashboard for ease of reporting and communicating, robust monitoring capabilities and a social media savvy approach, UIS will exceed your business objectives.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike with UIS.

You need to know what is being said about your business in both traditional and non-traditional media settings; what is being represented; what opportunities might be out there that you can align with. Universal captures all of this global data for you and packages it for analysis, reporting and presenting.

Universal Info review by SheriLynne H.
SheriLynne H.

"Efficient & economical"

What do you like best?

Results are reliable and frequent and easy to read.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, articles are missed or we get clippings that are not related to us at all.

Very small staff here, so UIS helps us stay on top of who's talking about us.

Universal Info review by User in Internet

"Great monitoring and measurement service"

What do you like best?

The Executive News Briefings are great in keeping myself and others on my team up to date on exactly what we need to know. There is no fluff, it is just the exact news I need to know every day. Customer service is also great and always quick to respond whenever.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I've found. They're able to provide everything we need at this time.

Universal helps us track our brand in traditional and social media. They also help us stay up to date with important industry news and help us understand what it all means. The media measurement tells us what news is getting more traction and being heard by a wider audience.

Universal Info review by Ed M.
Ed M.

"Used year over year - continually"

What do you like best?

We like having an independent third-party evaluate our media reach and analyses our client media valuation.

What do you dislike?

Would like more historical documentation - go further back to enable year v year number comparisons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They work great with clients of ALL sizes!

Credibility in our efforts. Provide bench-marking for numbers, reach and value of media contacts, placements and shares.

Universal Info review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"The power & value of media monitoring and PR measurement"

What do you like best?

In today's 24/7 news cycle, it is critical to have the ability to quantify the results of a media campaign. Critical tools--news tracking and monitoring.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to keep pace with the scope of media coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's extremely useful to have access to tools like executive news briefings and the ability to track your brand via social media.

The key problem solved is the ability to show the ROI of your measurement efforts.

Universal Info review by Jim M.
Jim M.

"Top notch service and deep knowledge of media"

What do you like best?

We use them for both competetive and industry monitoring

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike, therefore; this is not applicable

Recommendations to others considering the product

great service, expertise, integrity and results

The technology to identify industry best practices in news and marketing

Universal Info review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Returned to Universal after utilizing another monitoring service"

What do you like best?

They know our market and our organization

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind for us at this time.

An accurate analysis of our public relation efforts in the Omaha market. Reach and impact of our efforts is important. When working to validate the importance of PR the analytics I receive are beneficial.

Universal Info review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great insurance industry measurement."

What do you like best?

Accuracy of insights derived from industry news.

What do you dislike?

At this point in the relationship I can't think of anything that I am not satisfied with.

Helped me predict the movement in my industry which is helpful in my day to day strategic direction.

Universal Info review by Consultant in Information Services
Consultant in Information Services

"Cooperation "

What do you like best?

The quick response time of the team, especially as well from the CEO.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in my mind that I disliked.

We can leverage our business by using Universal. Thus it is a Win-Win for both parties.

Learning about Universal Information Services?

* We monitor all Universal Information Services reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.