UpCity

UpCity is SEO and inbound marketing software for small businesses and agencies

Work for UpCity?

Learning about UpCity?

UpCity Reviews

Ask UpCity a Question
Showing 40 UpCity reviews
UpCity review by Sally B.
Sally B.

"Great for Reporting, Tasks could be updated."

What do you like best?

The reporting is everything from in-depth and simple to understand. Makes it easy to get a report quickly and for clients to understand them easily.

What do you dislike?

As SEO changes and Google's algorithms update, etc... so too should the tasks in upcity. However, the tasks seem to remain the same and many of them you can no longer do because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool that's great for general SEO tasks and reporting, UpCity is for you. If you're looking for a tool that's more for SEO sales and audits, you're better off with WooRank.

SEO Reporting quickly, automatically, efficiently. This is a huge time saver for us. Even if just using UpCity for setup and reporting, it's a great tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UpCity
UpCity review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesome Software!"

What do you like best?

My favorite features of UpCity is it's intuitive user experience, reporting, and how the steps are broken down to make it easy to tackle the basic building blocks of SEO as an individual. I've been a customer of UpCity since it's previous iteration and have been pleased with the increasing amount of functionality and the adaptability to the latest updates in search tactics.

What I really love is that the model can be demonstrated to potential clients and showcase an agency or a freelancers (or even the business owners) efforts to date and the impact on the changes.

What do you dislike?

One area that I'm not a fan of is the emailed reports. I'd much rather see the report in my email if possible - I do like the weekly summary as I can see the results immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you're starting in the world of SEO and/or are establishing an agency. Great guides and tips - can be overwhelming if you look at all the tasks so start with a section and complete it before moving onto the next one.

By far, the easiest problem that this software solves is breaking down SEO for a relative newbie and as you get deeper, more helpful and tactical for experts. One other unreported benefit is that the reporting draws from world class API's and has integrations with great partners which leads to fantastic data without having to subscribe to a million tools.

What SEO solution do you use?

UpCity review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"Solid SEO tool"

What do you like best?

Step by step guide to SEO for newbies to follow. Reporting tools are great for clients. Not a stale product by any means, they're always rolling out updates and improving.

What do you dislike?

The customization both on the reports and processes could be improved. They've added some tools to do that but not as intuitive as one would like. The main issue with SEO as a whole is that it really isn't the same per client no matter the keyword. The reputation piece could be built out a little more to really give us the ability to monitor reputation effectively.

It fills a need for a process.

UpCity review by Jeff J H.
Jeff J H.

"Great for SEO Projects, and easy reporting"

What do you like best?

The people behind upcity are great, they have a real passion for what they do , and the results they deliver for reporting is great for whitelabling.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other tools out there, the pricing is a bit higher than I'd like since we are using it for client reporting, but they really are a full-service software platform so it makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are adding constant functionality and product is getting strong

Constant reporting of SEO keywords, social media, and analytics in a single report. At agency level it allows us to add custom backlinking tasks as well.

UpCity review by Peter H.
Peter H.

"Upcity Great for Local SEO"

What do you like best?

Easy to follow instructions that take you step by step through the process

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the instructions were out of date. they might have worked in previous years, but the web changes quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient or get help from someone else

We needed to increase our links and local SEO. We get more local traffic

UpCity review by Karen S.
Karen S.

"Up City - Great SEO Software!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and guides you through all the steps to a better optimized website. The auto weekly reports are great! I can see my progress week by week and tweak my website to get better search engine results for my keywords

What do you dislike?

The 5 keyword limit. You have to purchase more keywords. Also, I am not comfortable using the Social Media module at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend UpCity and I am considering using it for another company I work for.

Better search engine results for keywords.

UpCity review by User in Internet

"The best solution to learning by doing"

What do you like best?

The overall view of the web site situation. The explanations of things to do are very comprehensive and very understandable. Good understanding of SEO techniques as a whole that allow to a user (with average skill) to improve himself.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the social management tool because I think it is no important in a seo tool. Good understanding of SEO techniques as a whole that allow to a user (with average skill) to improve himself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and Learn. Take your time to do what Upcity teach

UpCity review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"UpCity is outstanding"

What do you like best?

UpCity not only provides an excellent platform for supporting our clients SEO needs but integrates project management and tracking along with recommendations. The UpCity team has been responsive and highly skilled and a pleasure to work with.

I highly recommend UpCity!

What do you dislike?

The writing for blog posts has not always net our Hugh Sta dad's, however the team was always quick to respond and made efforts to resolve the issue quickly.

SEO audits, tracking, optimizing for a broad base of clients.

UpCity review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"The Most Important Tool I Use"

What do you like best?

the reporting tool is what we initially signed up for, but upon further digging, we discovered a ton of features that have instantly improved our processes. The ability to add/edit tasks that apply to us is now my favorite feature.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i "dislike" is there is no way to report our SEM campaigns. However the guys over there are working on that as we speak. Outside of that, this tool is exactly what we needed, especially with managing 80+ sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are submitting excel reports or are looking for a beautiful, functional, and cost effective tool for your business, UpCity is the best on the market.

UpCity has solved our reporting problem and it improved our processes. It is now the only tool we need alongside AdWords/SEMrush.

It also allows our marketers to look how their clients websites are performing throughout the month. This is key because if there are any dropoffs, we can address them immediately.

UpCity review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"On multiple levels, Upcity is a resource we think can be a benefit for any digital marketer."

What do you like best?

Recently started using this tool and have been pleased on two fronts – we like the functionality the service offers and appreciate the speed and quality of interactions with their team. What’s not to like when the service offers multifaceted functionality? Depending on your needs, you can use it to help build out your SEO/your client’s SEO (it provides you with a fairly expansive weighted checklist to guide you). You can use it as assessment tool for your prospects (plug assessment widget into your site). You can use it for your clients via the white label SEO reporting function too. In addition, I also understand they are developing new functionality ready for rollout soon. Shifting to education, if you are seeking more insight to increase your digital effectiveness, check out their blog. Week in and week out, it always has some rich material to tap into.

What do you dislike?

It's not a dislike per se but think there are certain elements of the checklist which can be enhanced even further.

SEO is such an integrated process that it offers time saving guidance for working on our digital strategy.

UpCity review by Todd H.
Todd H.

"Nicely organized, easy to use, low barrier-to-entry yet scalable, and great support!"

What do you like best?

In no particular order, I love the ability to quickly generate reports for clients and prospects and then use those reports as the basis of ongoing engagements, the nice organization of clients and campaigns/tasks, the ability to hand off a campaign to a team that can take care of the details, the ability to easily adopt the program and grow with it, all rounded up by a great support team that has answered every question and proactively provided resources for me to use. These all add up to a "whole product" rather than just a tool.

What do you dislike?

Just small things at this point like I cannot get rid of old "Completed Reports" in "Sales Reports Central." I am still very much on-board with leveraging this tool and will have more high-level feedback down the road (i.e. how it provide a more comprehensive inbound marketing to-do list).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you asking if I have recommended? If so, not yet. It has not come up as a solution for anyone in my network. Also, to some extent, this is "trade secret."

Problems I am solving:

I am better able to help businesses improve their website accessibility, search rankings, and conversions with both quick wins (local listings) and managed, continuous improvement (ongoing search optimization). This turns websites from static failures into dynamic marketing tools.

Benefits I have realized:

I can now easily offer a subscription service to my clients that scales without me.

UpCity review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"Must have SEO Software"

What do you like best?

After researching and testing numerous SEO software, I came upon UpCity. It is an amazing SEO tool. It is packed with great reporting tools and so much more. I cannot say enough about the task manager. Use it right, and immediately you save yourself lot's of time. It literally gives you step by step directions on how to do SEO. Great when you have interns or employees who are learning SEO.

The SEO report card is also another great feature. They actually give you an embed code which allows you to add it directly to your site. Great lead generation tool. It even captures leads which are then saved on your dashboard. Check out what we did: http://www.marknetgroup.com/seo-report-card/

Customer service is A+++. They really care about their clients. Dan, Misty, Michael and the entire team are there for you at all times.

I could keep going on and on about UpCity but I will save it for an upcoming blog post.

What do you dislike?

I really cannot think of anything I dislike. It just works!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. UpCity is way above the cut!!

I am able to get more conversions on my leads. The SEO task has been a huge time saver for my team. My SEO reports are now much more professional.

UpCity review by Pete N.
Pete N.

"An Important strategic platform for Localtag"

What do you like best?

The structured approach to the many tasks of SEO, supporting both a DIY or an an Agency we can upsell Done For You

What do you dislike?

US-only dates and times. It makes clients think maybe it isn't the optimal tool for marketing in their own country.

A way to keep clients connected week by week and transparently show tham we are working for them.

UpCity review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great system and great team to work with."

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard in UpCity because it concisely identifies the efforts that need to be done.

What do you dislike?

The app interface requires a bit of use to get accustomed to its defaults. It can revert back to a default, causing you to have to undo entries. But, once you know that's could happen your process just includes a double check to ensure you have everything properly selected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand you requirements and consult with their sales and service team.

The system allows us to deliver high quality services to our clients. It removes the "what should we do next" delays.

UpCity review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"I like this product but am having a difficult time trusting the reporting"

What do you like best?

I like the task list, design and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The reporting seems very inaccurate. I really don't like that the system does not seem to re-scan sites to find submissions. It seems like if you can scan once to provide my initial report then you should be able to re-scan. I hired a submission service to do a lot of the directory submissions and your software does not seem to update past the initial scan at all.

This software if you can get the issues above fixed does provide a great path to success for an SEO campaign.

UpCity review by Scott F.
Scott F.

"Superb Results"

What do you like best?

We were early to get in on the web craze, reserving and building our first website in 1997. It has only been since 2008 that we have found such a change in how people seek out plumbers. Prior to that year 90% of our customers found us in the yellow pages but starting in 2008 we saw a change and the numbers shifted to the web. We were on the second page in organic search on Google and thought we better do something to move up. We found DIYSEO (now UPCity) and used their Jumpstart program. For a very reasonable price our result have been excellent. We now consistently on the first page of organic search and they continue to work hard to keep us there.

What do you dislike?

We have not had any negative experiences with UpCity. The staff has always been quick to respond to any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can 100% recommend UpCity and their service. They won't waste your time or money on useless fluff, they pinpoint what needs to be done so the search engines can find you and put you on the map.

The interwebs are so important to marketing and customer leads and being seen on that first page is critical. UpCity created a plan and has put us where we need to be so our phone will ring.

UpCity review by Bryan T.
Bryan T.

"The Eas of UpCity in "

What do you like best?

I like the process by which UpCity takes you through. I always found it difficult to determine where I should be developing links that are solid and authoritative. They walk you through a process that shows you not only where but how to develop these links, build out social media sites and get traffic to your webpage. As I followed these steps I saw my page rank grow steadily. I have started using their don for you SEO for a client and have seen the targeted keyword grow in ranking steadily over the last month and we just got started.

The value is great and the team is responsive to my needs.

What do you dislike?

I want to keep playing with the interface to see what is next. I have a time trying to stay on task. I jump from one area to another. A lot of shiny nickles in the back office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try nt to jump ahead. Go through the process. Everything may not apply, but follow thier lead.

UpCity has taken the task of SEO for a particular client and freed me up to work on my own projects. I have confidence with them handling my client. Moreover, I can take my time to work at my own pace. Having a busy schedule I cannot always maintain a strict SEO pattern. So I do when I can then the interface lets me know where I left off so I can pick it back up again.

UpCity review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"Upcity Makes Keyword Monitoring and Reporting Easier"

What do you like best?

What I like best about UPcity's platform is the ease of use. The dashboard is intuitive and offers a lot of helpful features that make finding backlinks and anchor text issues easy to diagnose and apply a new strategy to.

What do you dislike?

Not enough Categories and granular keyword search ability -- even for a professional account with 5-10 active campaigns being monitored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the pro account. Don't waste time with the free account setup.

Adding campaigns is easy and inexpensive at this current time.

Use the support chat options for any questions. The UpCity team needs to hear what's going on.

They're very very responsive!

My customers dont know that they have a visibility problem and that their competitors are out their building bridges on the net back to their own sites.

If this tools is applied correctly, the client now knows where he/she stands and gets good actionable items to build a strategy for higher visiblity and free traffic.

Note:

Clients really need more available-market analysis about their competitors with Upcity, but as far as keyword phrases are concerned Upcity delivers

UpCity review by Kevin O.
Kevin O.

"UpCity Rocks"

What do you like best?

We love the options the platform affords our company. From white label to DIY the value exchange is on point.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we would like more of is full competitor backlink data. the root url is fine but we want to se the whole thing.

We solve growth and retention issues for our clients and UpCity is a terrific partner in helping us do so.

UpCity review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Easy to Use DIY SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

The interface of UpCity makes it really easy to understand what to do and how you are performing. The points and time estimates next to the recommended tasks makes it fun and engaging to complete useful tasks that will improve your website and your businesses performance.

What do you dislike?

No customization options meaning you cannot create your own tasks, modify the descriptions, impact scores, etc. Would like to see more reporting and ability to assign tasks to different employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For small business owners it is a great tool to get started with SEO. For agencies, it is a good supplement to other tools you are using, but is heading in a direction where it can become a primary tool for handling SEO tasks for your customers.

Giving an easy step by step guide for our marketing coordinator to follow to improve the SEO performance of our client's websites. It is one of the many tools we use to help guide the work we perform on a continual basis.

UpCity review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Partner and customer"

What do you like best?

Software is comprehensive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Lacking integrations with other software

We provide marketing solutions to clients. We use UpCity as a tool for us to provide SEO and social insights and services.

UpCity review by Caleb K.
Caleb K.

"Great at delivering tasks that work!"

What do you like best?

I love reoccurring tasks, time estimates, and the about/hot tos for the tasks. Makes everything smooth and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Design, lack of APIS. I want to integrate with harvest and jira.

Digital marketing.

UpCity review by User in Internet

"UpCity "

What do you like best?

Once logging into the system and clicking on the domain/site of choice, I like to see the recent movements in rankings. This is a quick and easy way to see that my sites are improving in the rankings. In addition to improving SEO and rankings, UpCity also covers the area of reputation management, becoming an authority in your space while also covering sales and longterm growth.

What do you dislike?

When starting out with UpCity (if you are somewhat advanced), you will walk through a lot of options and methods (such as connecting social profiles and basic seo practices). This may be somewhat annoying to the advanced site owner, but useful for newbies in the space. Not so much a negative, but I had to choose something to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organic search and long tail keyword recommendations for article creation would be a plus.

There are plenty of solutions out there when it comes to SEO and search rankings. UpCity is another option for you to add to the mix. Packages range from $39 to $249 a month, but each includes a free 15 day trial which makes it a good choice for anyone to try out.

UpCity review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"Use UpCity if you want your page to rank well. I saw much improvement within one month."

What do you like best?

My favorite part about working with UpCity has been seeing my rankings soar! I look forward to seeing the email from them and really appreciate the people that are always so helpful online.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I don't like about UpCity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like your business to be legit within it's ranking competition, then use UpCity. I've seen my rankings rise continuously since I started working with them, from page 5 to page 1- at the top!

SOMETHING TO NOTE: UpCity isn't putting your site or page in places it shouldn't be. They are very savvy with what they are doing with you and are out for your interests. There are some companies out there that will throw your site around without regard for you, but not UpCity. They will take care of you.

Getting my rankings online up so people see me when they search. UpCity has done a fantastic job helping me with this.

UpCity review by Joe A.
Joe A.

"A truely great SEO product"

What do you like best?

Reporting and the detailed way tasks are organized. Another fantastic item of not is the idea of Impact Points.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike about the product, but if I were to choose something I think others may find useful it would be the absence of having different users under one account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for all it does, worth every penny. It will help demystify SEO and get you on the right track.

It not only keeps us on track with the SEO tasks we need to be performing for our clients but we can also very simply and beautifully send reports to our clients.

UpCity review by Andrew J.
Andrew J.

"An essential peice of SEO analysis "

What do you like best?

With UPCity, you can complete tasks at your own pace. Easy to follow instructions are a blessing, especially for those "difficult tasks".

My favourite thing is the analysis page - it tells you how many rankings your site has increased by and also gives you easy to read reports through email.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the low number of keywords allowed to compare with rival sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get signed up as soon as possible!

Website SEO has been a problem, with no real results before. Now using UPCity we are constantly moving up !!

UpCity review by Mike H.
Mike H.

"Great Service to power SEO for your site or network of sites"

What do you like best?

The tool can be summarized in one word: simplicity. Its a great tool to visualize the issues and processes related to effective SEO and then to actually take action. And action is all that matters. This tool gives you a "paint by numbers" approach to all of the ongoing tasks associated with keeping your sites in plain view inside of the search universe.

What do you dislike?

I dont have any negative issues with the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool delivers. Give it a try.

My website has a sales quota, and I expect it to keep it. Upcity has helped me realize this goal. I need to my site to be a part of the conversation when folks are looking for solutions related to effective sales training. I trust Upcity to keep me in that conversation.

UpCity review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Invested in our success & flexible enough to get us there"

What do you like best?

UpCity works hard to stay on top of emerging trends and issues and create tools to strategically address those movements. They listen to their clientele and integrate client needs into their roadmap, ensuring the tools and platform stay relevant and useful.

What do you dislike?

Their initial focus was on DIY SMB users, so some features were difficult for enterprise/agency level users early on. Most of this has been addressed by the responsiveness I noted above.

We were seeking a vendor to bring us a comprehensive reporting platform that aggregates all SEO data in a single point for our specialists to use in servicing the accounts and for our automation to use to generate client-facing reports. The UpCity platform has met and exceeded these goals and brought us efficiencies that have boosted our service and customer satisfaction.

UpCity review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"White Label Product user"

What do you like best?

Customer service is quite good. They respond quickly and are pleasant. They are growing however and that can make the product descriptions less than satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

A bit of a clumsy interface. I'd like the input to be easier more streamlined

SEO Highlights and comparison charts to show our potential clients where they are in SERPs.

UpCity review by Kris O.
Kris O.

"Fantastic Experience"

What do you like best?

If your a "Do It Yourselfer" this is the place to be especially if your new at SEO. I learned a lot and they have step by step instructions as well as links to do what they recommend. Made it really easy to follow. I like that!

What do you dislike?

Some of the links you can't get listed on because they don't allow individual users. Has to be done thru YEXT.

It got us back up on top of the organic search results.

UpCity review by Bryan S.
Bryan S.

"The Best SEO Solution for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

The fact that Upcity gives you an actionable checklist of hundreds of SEO improving tasks. The keyword there is actionable.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could have unlimited sites on the $99 plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the checklists in order as they come up. Don't make it too complicated. Just follow the steps and you will get results.

My company is now ranking first for web design in my area!

UpCity review by Devon W.
Devon W.

"Quality and Valuable Service"

What do you like best?

I appreciate having the task list so I know how to increase my SEO value.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tasks are not updated to reflect the current method for completing the tasks.

Using this service for increasing our website content's SEO. It has led us to make changes that have significantly increased the organic ranking for valuable keywords.

UpCity review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"UpCity is a great platform for DIY SEO"

What do you like best?

I like how UpCity provides small actionable tasks to better my websites SEO.

The sheer number of things to do can be overwhelming, even just knowing where to start can be overwhelming. UpCity makes it easy, and walks you through practical steps one-by-one, with guided instructions.I

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything negative to report about UpCity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it, your SEO will improve. This is a fantastic platform.

Thanks to the reports that UpCity sends me, I can track my websites performance and the results of my SEO efforts. It's really fantastic.

UpCity review by Sawan D.
Sawan D.

"Great service!"

What do you like best?

It is a very simple and easy guide on how to increase your search engine ranking with your business.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I disliked anything, it performed exactly how I thought it would.

I've been able to increase the search engine ranking of my business on multiple search engines.

UpCity review by Ryo J.
Ryo J.

"I like Upcity. A convenient and resourceful tool for any business."

What do you like best?

All in one of it. It efficiently works as a vehicle for being found in the sea of other company's bells and whistles and smoke and mirrors.

What do you dislike?

The only I dislike is that I don't know it as well as I should. Its user friendly don't get me wrong but I wish I knew it like the back of my hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Being a newer business, we're solving the problem of being found and exposure.

UpCity review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fantastic Software for Streamlining SEO Tasks"

What do you like best?

I like the task list. It keeps me on track of what is needed. I also like the keyword reports and sales tools.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to send reports to my clients from the dashboard.

I've been able to come up with a professional looking report to my leads and clients with minimal effort using UpCity.

UpCity review by Lynn N.
Lynn N.

"UPCITY product review"

What do you like best?

Proactive staff. I like the staff contacting me with original ideas

What do you dislike?

Too many tasks. Only important ones should be requested

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chart progress by keeping track of source of new clients

Too soon to tell. Haven't used this service long enough to know. I have noticed increased traffic.

UpCity review by Agency in Media Production
Agency in Media Production

"Helped me double my business"

What do you like best?

I've used upcity for over a year now and it's helped me reach number 2 spot in google. I keep checking it daily to keep track of my ranking.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the accuracy of the backlinks and the frequency in which they update. It has said I've had 54 backlinks for a few months now when I've been building them using this very service.

It's helped me get a better ranking in google and bing and those turned into leads and clients.

UpCity review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"High-touch customer service and invested in our success"

What do you like best?

UpCity works with us to find the best solutions and is in constant communication and very responsive with us. Their reporting is key for our clients and UpCity is constantly helping us along the way.

What do you dislike?

No complaints at this time, goals have been met so far.

Turn-key SEO, increase in our clients Google rankings ultimately resulting in 1st page results. Our goals have been met in a timely manner resulting in happy clients.

UpCity review by Agency in Graphic Design
Agency in Graphic Design

"UpCity"

What do you like best?

The ability to do it yourself, as it explains the details to you.

What do you dislike?

Would like more products to support agency selling tools. like powerpoint or other materials that help agencies close deals with clients.

We are solving SEO for our clients

Learning about UpCity?

* We monitor all UpCity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.