UpContent

UpContent is a content discovery tool that helps users find and take action on relevant and engaging content to drive new, more meaningful conversations.

Work for UpContent?

Learning about UpContent?

UpContent Reviews

Showing 47 UpContent reviews
UpContent review by <span>Carolyn O.</span>
Carolyn O.

"Some good content, some not so good content for the free app. A lot of the articles are of no value"

What do you like best?

Option to personalize content for a more focused feed. I like that its integrated with HootSuite so I only need to to go one place to get the information i need.

What do you dislike?

Only one topic to choose on the free app unless you pay of course but even then the app doesn't always provide good material. A lot of the articles are of no value which is disappointing. I realize I only have the free version but if it gave me the opportunity to see the value in purchasing the app I would be more likely to do that. As of now, I am only able to add one search content and a lot of the content has little value to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of the articles and content provided come from sources of little or no value. The free app only allows you to use one topic search at a time. If you added more narrowed topic searches and provided more valuable content I would find that more beneficial. The app could be useful if you purchased and were able to customize it a bit more but I am only reviewing the free version and unfortunately have yet to see why I should pay for it.

Social Media Content. Helps minimize time doing research on relevant topics. It is an extension of Hootsuite which provides a one-stop place for me do a lot of my social media content search and content uploads.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UpContent
UpContent review by <span>Nina K.</span>
Nina K.

"Makes Life Easier"

What do you like best?

I was getting overwhelm with finding content for my social media accounts but now I go to my UpContent account and find the latest articles and blog post already pulled for me. It integrates seemsly with Buffer so that I can post what is right for my audience to all my accounts in a couple of clicks!

What do you dislike?

It has taken a minute to figure out how to setup my query, but even with that I had a one on one call with the UpContent’s support team and follow up emails to help me learn my way. They listened to what I was looking for and gave me specific possible queries to enter!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the support team they are patient and knowledgeable.

It has allowed me to have revelant content at my finger tips ready to go for my online audience.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

UpContent review by <span>Jim J.</span>
Jim J.

"Great product with excellent development/support behind it"

What do you like best?

UpContent does exactly what I need it to do and does it in an elegantly simple way. I've tried automated content curation platforms in the past, but I never have gotten quite what I wanted. With UC, I can specify the exact type of content I'm looking for (by keywords, etc.) and get exactly what I need.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike per se, but it would be great if UC had the ability to learn what content I want based on selections. Ideally, if I pick certain pieces of content to post, it would learn (or ask questions) about why I favored that specific content so that it could give smarter recommendations in the future.

I use it to find and post thought leadership content from the web that relates to my business (customer success consulting). I've gotten many more reads/click-throughs on content I've posted using UpContent, and my social selling score/Klout score have increased significantly since I started using the product.

UpContent review by <span>Tammy S.</span>
Tammy S.

"A Great Content Solution"

What do you like best?

UpContent allows us to take time at the beginning of the week to find and plan out our online strategy for the week. The filters are intuitive and come back with useful results. With Hootsuite, we can schedule the articles we find on UpContent to post throughout the week so we're getting our message out there without having to log in every day and spend hours trying to find appropriate articles.. It's a great solution for business owners that are running their business and trying to market it at the same time with limited hours in the day.

The customer service has been outstanding. They even helped us refine a topic before we asked when they saw that it came back with very few results. That's impressive customer service!

What do you dislike?

It took me a few tries to nail down the fight filter settings

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It can save you hours of searching the web.

We are now able to find articles and be much more active online than we were when we had to search on our own. We've saved hours of hunting through various sites for articles that are helpful and useful to our clients and target prospects.

UpContent review by <span>Mohamed L.</span>
Mohamed L.

"Great curating app"

What do you like best?

UpContent's integration with Hootsuite makes curating 3rd party articles for our social media accounts a simple and quick process. Additionally, their feedback system and customer service (including support) create a connectedness to the UpContent community. I had trouble finding certain search results, but this was quickly solved for me without having to create a support ticket. I simply provided feedback in the app and within a day or two, I was offered a better search.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to be a keyword, search engine guru to get the search results you're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The two features I find most important when shopping an app: integration and support. UpContent easily integrates with Hootsuite and their support services are stellar.

We were hiring out services to curate articles, so UpContent has reduced costs for us on this front.

UpContent review by <span>Sylvester L.</span>
Sylvester L.

"Powerful query system, weak workflow integrations"

What do you like best?

The query system. One of the most versatile among similar services. The Shareability / Influence sort options. Reasonable pricing, as compared to tools like buzzsumo.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration - can't do much with the curated content except for RSS (which by nature, is far from ideal) and Hootsuite? (well, let's just say Hootsuite is not built for content curators, which is upcontent's main audience I would think)

Views - I personally prefer list view without images when Hearting. A magazine view for reading.

RSS - there is no way to get an RSS for Favourited items. Wondering what's the point of favoriting when there are no way to export them for distribution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Do use the live chat if you need help like setting up of queries. One of the most awesome support around. The unique features you can't readily find elsewhere for the same costs are the Influence and Shareability sorting features.

Integration with your social posting scheduler might not be there unless you are a hootsuite user. Otherwise, your best bet is to make use of the RSS output (which is a nice feature by the way) and find ways (probably IFTTT or Zapier) to feed the RSS items into Buffer and whatever service you're using.

Content curation, social posting for clients.

Tried to use upcontent as a content discovery tool but it hasn't work out well due to lack of ways to make use of the discovered item. At its present state, it is more like a rss reader than a curation tool.

* We monitor all UpContent reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.