Uptimerobot

Learning about UptimeRobot?

Uptimerobot Reviews

Ask UptimeRobot a Question
Showing 18 UptimeRobot reviews
UptimeRobot review by Nicole B.
Nicole B.

"Amazingly Accurate reporting on website status"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use tool for our website monitoring activities. No learning curve, I just go straight up and sign up, add the URL of my website and done. It readily monitors the website with no other requirements or some javascript that needs to be embedded on the website. And the best part is, it is pretty accurate with its notifications and reports.

What do you dislike?

I have no complains or negative issues with Uptime Robot. Best tool when it comes to monitoring the activities of your website, and it even gives you the type of error it is experiencing. Highly convenient and highly recommended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended and every marketing team with a website or a web development team should have this tool on their arsenal. Convenient, and very easy to use. The support is tremendously responsive and even solved some of our issues when it comes to the monitoring process. Even gave us tips n how to fix our server-related errors. Pretty helpful and responsive.

We used to manually check or monitor our websites every day, with uptime robot, we are all set. We just set the website URL and forget it. We even have 4-year-old websites that we are still monitoring and we didn't lift a finger when a report came it that it was down. The website was immediately attended to and the client was happy thanks to the swift reporting and notification of Uptime Robot, we were able to check it right away.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Uptimerobot
UptimeRobot review by Roberto B.
Roberto B.

"Simple and precious"

What do you like best?

Very simple to setup and use, affordable and incredibly reliable.

I have used the free subscription for years, I switched to the paid plan 6 months ago and still satisfied by the service. I don't remember false positives in monitoring and I have a beautiful public dashboard with the uptime and 1 year logs of my services. The service is very simple to setup and customize, not so impressive if you look at the features but very effective and reliable. Several ways to get an alert are available, such as email, telegram, sms, rss, webhook and you can set different alerts for every monitor. The public status page is the best I have found for this price, you can set custom logo and custom domain and it is https. Other services claims to have powerful status pages but they are cumbersome or expensive.

What do you dislike?

1 minute as minimum interval in monitoring and not many options in monitoring but the price is right for this kind of service. You cannot set colors on status page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check what you have to monitor and the frequency.

You can use webhooks for customized alerts or status pages updates.

An easy to use mobile app is useful to get the alerts on mobile but you can still use email, telegram, rss, etc.

We are showing a third party uptime measurement of our cloud services, getting the alerts even when our internal monitoring system goes down.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

UptimeRobot review by Isaul C.
Isaul C.

"Convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up. Friendly interface.

What do you dislike?

Probably needs more explanation or tutorials for newbies. Or at least make it easier to find the learn more functions for each feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool for monitoring website performance. Especially if you're in charge of several domains. I work in the SEO and I'm constantly in need of verifying several domains. Both domains I manage as well as backlinks I get. Uptime robot offers a very convenient and reliable monitor for both domains and backlinks. I haven't used that much the 'port' monitoring features as I don't usually deal with server setup. But definitely considering getting the paid version.

Website monitoring and server performance.

UptimeRobot review by Lee E.
Lee E.

"Simple and Affordable Basic Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Its Affordable, simple to use, and has decent notification options. I like the public status page. There is a decent selection of monitor types and settings to help cutdown on false positives. Solid little mobile app.

What do you dislike?

+I'd like to see multi-user support.

+1m is pretty decent for most things but I wouldn't mind it going a bit lower, like every 30s.

+I'd like more customization for the public portal.

+Had just a few false positives but nothing egregious.

+SMS is just a little expensive to me and I wish the base plan came with just a couple a month or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully go over all the things you might want to monitor externally and what is required to do that. You may need to get something more expensive or at least split between UTR and another solution.

Check out the app.

Consider using email-to-sms to get around SMS costs.

Monitoring that web accessible services are up and available/responding on the open web, circumventing potential false positives and negatives that could be caused by testing internally.

UptimeRobot review by Gael D.
Gael D.

"Track your website downtime"

What do you like best?

You can track up to 50 websites individually for free with Uptimerobot.

Mainly used as a free service, There is also a subscription starting from $4.5, which enables SMS alerts and others cool features.

What do you dislike?

When a tracked website is down, you'll receive email notifications. Only thing i would like to see improved is the email title : not containing enough information like down time ( you need to click inside the email ).

Never be warned by your clients that his website is down. You'll always be the first to have that information, which is so important of course to keep a good client relationship.

UptimeRobot review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"UptimeRobot Reviewed by long-time user"

What do you like best?

UptimeRobot has a very simple interface (much better since the redesign a few years ago), and it has been extremely reliable. The free tier is very generous and enabled us to monitor many servers for a few years. We switched to the paid version (which is very affordable) to get the shorter monitoring intervals for a few servers that needed it.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have an easy way to force a retry after a failure alert has been triggered (e.g. we reset the server, now let's retry the monitor)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been an excellent experience for us and I recommend to my devops friends all the time.

We have used UptimeRobot for over 6 years, and it has helped us monitor downtime as well as service failures (by utilizing keyword searches on specific pages)

UptimeRobot review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Timely and fairly accurate"

What do you like best?

Quick alerts to my email when a monitored website goes down. It catches almost all downtime and has a limited number of false positives.

What do you dislike?

Would be better with no false positives!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used several off-the-shelf uptime monitoring tools and have found uptimerobot to be the most reliable. Their free tier offers sufficient functionality for most purposes, although some users may need a subscription to access more advanced features (biggest is 1-minute intervals, versus 5-minute on the free tier).

Easy & cheap uptime monitoring to confirm websites are still operating and hold hosting companies accountable to SLAs

UptimeRobot review by Tamra R.
Tamra R.

"Affordable Solution for uptime Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Uptimerobot was super easy to set up and use. When I initially set it up it was a free service (who can say no to that) The monitoring and alerting was very effective.

What do you dislike?

the interface was a little ugly... but the easy functionality made up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool that costs nothing or next to nothing to monitor your websites UptimeRobot is an excellent choice. You can set up different types of alerts and receive them directly to your email or phone as a text message.

UptimeRobot lets me know when my gateways and/or website are down, it alerts me via email and SMS. Therefore the time between when sites go down and the time i know about it and start fixing or looking into the issue is minimal. Keeps our sites up and our customers happy

UptimeRobot review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Reliable, expandable and extremely well priced."

What do you like best?

I always know within seconds of a server, desktop or web service outage by email and push notification to Android. Excellent price, the easiest service I have ever had to setup and a good API available for integration with my own software and websites.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as well featured as a rival such as Pingdom, however this is reflected in the excellent and unbeatable price.

I run various websites, virtual private servers and ecommerce solutions. I am notified imediately of any outage and usually have the problem resolved but the customer has seen it, or at least contacted the customer before they contact me.

UptimeRobot review by Administrator

"Reliable uptime monitor "

What do you like best?

Reliable uptime monitor that you can set to notify you via email. I set a filter on my gmail to label those email as important so I can see them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. The free service doesn't ping the service that often but that is to be expected. If you need more frequent ping then you can always pay for the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You can start with the no-time-limited trial.

To know the server is up or down and take action before the users complain.

UptimeRobot review by David J.
David J.

"Inexpensive way to monitor circuits and devices that are connected to the internet."

What do you like best?

I use Uptime Robot to monitor the circuits at each of our sites and also to monitor the web servers we have in-house.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Uptime Robot does exactly what it is supposed to and works reliably!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing product. Simple and inexpensive and reliable. Does everything I need it to do and does it effectively.

Uptime Robot notifies me if any of our fiber circuits are down for over 1 minute. I am able to begin working on these circuits ASAP to get them back online and operational.

UptimeRobot review by Alessio R.
Alessio R.

"Easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

UptimeRobot is a no-frills solution which does exactly what it states, and it does it well. It's very, very easy to setup, it shows the stats you need (uptime, response times), it can be linked to Slack and, most importantly, it's reliable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - I'd like to have slightly more detailed stats (eg, according to the location of the servers doing the checks), but I'm generally satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the feature list; you might want something more sophisticated (and expensive)

By linking UptimeRobot to Slack we can instantly realize what our apps are up to and discuss it with the team, without the need to receive millions of notifications via email or sms.

UptimeRobot review by User in Computer Software

"Great free tier, powerful features"

What do you like best?

We started using UptimeRobot initially because it had a great, powerful free tier, which let us spend a lot of time evaluating the service (in fact, at the time, it was *only* free). We've found it to be reliable, powerful, and (barring a strange period of time when their webhooks were HTTP GET-driven), quite interoperable with other services (through the aforementioned webhooks).

What do you dislike?

UptimeRobot is not the most beautiful looking service on the market (but the price is right and the system itself is powerful and reliable). We were also confused, a while back, when they launched webhooks but they were HTTP GET (instead of POST), but they've since added an HTTP POST option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UptimeRobot may not be fancy, but it does exactly what we need, and for a great price. It may not have all the custom integrations with 3rd-party services that other monitoring solutions have (so this could be a deal-breaker for some users), but it's perfect for us.

We use UptimeRobot to keep an eye on the reachability of our various services – and on our 3rd party vendors. (A number of vendors seem to purposefully under-report their own downtime, which is understandable but not exactly acceptable when you're using their reporting tools to keep an eye on your own services that rely upon them.) UptimeRobot lets us keep a close eye on everything, and be alerted the moment something is awry.

UptimeRobot review by François W.
François W.

"A great tool for monitoring uptimes"

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup, it works right out of the box with minimal setup, supports multiple alerting solutions including opsgenie. Great pricing.

What do you dislike?

I wish it supported other simple monitoring tasks so that I could use it as a single solution for smaller projects, but in all honesty the one thing it does it does it really well.

Having a solution outside our infrastructure to monitor uptime of our services.

This gives us a better peace of mind and a much better downtime reaction.

UptimeRobot review by Petr M.
Petr M.

"It always lets me know when there is an issue"

What do you like best?

I love Uptimerobot's reliability and timely information

What do you dislike?

Not really much I dislike on Uptimerobot

downtime of a website or an application is a critical risk but it happens, if I am informed fast I can react fast

UptimeRobot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"2 happy years"

What do you like best?

There's just nothing better than having something that just works and is really easy to set up. Bonus for customer facing dashboards.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything really. It does a certain number of things, and it does them very well.

We use Uptime Robot to provide an easy 2nd point of confirmation for a client's internet services being up. It's super effective at this and unbeatable for the price.

UptimeRobot review by Gaston M.
Gaston M.

"Easy, Free, and Extendible"

What do you like best?

I like it's easy to use and mostly free. That principally. Second, the API integration and different channels you have to receive notifications.

What do you dislike?

The user interface needs a lot of works. it's a simple and mandatory product in my stack

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's really flexible.

I am using this to monitor all my endpoints in my startup.

UptimeRobot review by Administrator

"Great monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

The free plan allows your to monitor a good amount of IP or FQDNs

What do you dislike?

the free plan has a 5 minutes minimum re-check timer

alerts us if one of our internet facing systems is down, from an outside the office perspective

Learning about Uptimerobot?

* We monitor all Uptimerobot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.