Uptimerobot

Showing 7 UptimeRobot reviews
UptimeRobot review by <span>Roberto B.</span>
Roberto B.

"Simple and precious"

What do you like best?

Very simple to setup and use, affordable and incredibly reliable.

I have used the free subscription for years, I switched to the paid plan 6 months ago and still satisfied by the service. I don't remember false positives in monitoring and I have a beautiful public dashboard with the uptime and 1 year logs of my services. The service is very simple to setup and customize, not so impressive if you look at the features but very effective and reliable. Several ways to get an alert are available, such as email, telegram, sms, rss, webhook and you can set different alerts for every monitor. The public status page is the best I have found for this price, you can set custom logo and custom domain and it is https. Other services claims to have powerful status pages but they are cumbersome or expensive.

What do you dislike?

1 minute as minimum interval in monitoring and not many options in monitoring but the price is right for this kind of service. You cannot set colors on status page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check what you have to monitor and the frequency.

You can use webhooks for customized alerts or status pages updates.

An easy to use mobile app is useful to get the alerts on mobile but you can still use email, telegram, rss, etc.

We are showing a third party uptime measurement of our cloud services, getting the alerts even when our internal monitoring system goes down.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Uptimerobot
UptimeRobot review by <span>Lee E.</span>
Lee E.

"Simple and Affordable Basic Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Its Affordable, simple to use, and has decent notification options. I like the public status page. There is a decent selection of monitor types and settings to help cutdown on false positives. Solid little mobile app.

What do you dislike?

+I'd like to see multi-user support.

+1m is pretty decent for most things but I wouldn't mind it going a bit lower, like every 30s.

+I'd like more customization for the public portal.

+Had just a few false positives but nothing egregious.

+SMS is just a little expensive to me and I wish the base plan came with just a couple a month or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully go over all the things you might want to monitor externally and what is required to do that. You may need to get something more expensive or at least split between UTR and another solution.

Check out the app.

Consider using email-to-sms to get around SMS costs.

Monitoring that web accessible services are up and available/responding on the open web, circumventing potential false positives and negatives that could be caused by testing internally.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

UptimeRobot review by <span>Tamra R.</span>
Tamra R.

"Affordable Solution for uptime Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Uptimerobot was super easy to set up and use. When I initially set it up it was a free service (who can say no to that) The monitoring and alerting was very effective.

What do you dislike?

the interface was a little ugly... but the easy functionality made up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool that costs nothing or next to nothing to monitor your websites UptimeRobot is an excellent choice. You can set up different types of alerts and receive them directly to your email or phone as a text message.

UptimeRobot lets me know when my gateways and/or website are down, it alerts me via email and SMS. Therefore the time between when sites go down and the time i know about it and start fixing or looking into the issue is minimal. Keeps our sites up and our customers happy

UptimeRobot review by <span>Alessio R.</span>
Alessio R.

"Easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

UptimeRobot is a no-frills solution which does exactly what it states, and it does it well. It's very, very easy to setup, it shows the stats you need (uptime, response times), it can be linked to Slack and, most importantly, it's reliable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really - I'd like to have slightly more detailed stats (eg, according to the location of the servers doing the checks), but I'm generally satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the feature list; you might want something more sophisticated (and expensive)

By linking UptimeRobot to Slack we can instantly realize what our apps are up to and discuss it with the team, without the need to receive millions of notifications via email or sms.

UptimeRobot review by User in Computer Software

"Great free tier, powerful features"

What do you like best?

We started using UptimeRobot initially because it had a great, powerful free tier, which let us spend a lot of time evaluating the service (in fact, at the time, it was *only* free). We've found it to be reliable, powerful, and (barring a strange period of time when their webhooks were HTTP GET-driven), quite interoperable with other services (through the aforementioned webhooks).

What do you dislike?

UptimeRobot is not the most beautiful looking service on the market (but the price is right and the system itself is powerful and reliable). We were also confused, a while back, when they launched webhooks but they were HTTP GET (instead of POST), but they've since added an HTTP POST option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UptimeRobot may not be fancy, but it does exactly what we need, and for a great price. It may not have all the custom integrations with 3rd-party services that other monitoring solutions have (so this could be a deal-breaker for some users), but it's perfect for us.

We use UptimeRobot to keep an eye on the reachability of our various services – and on our 3rd party vendors. (A number of vendors seem to purposefully under-report their own downtime, which is understandable but not exactly acceptable when you're using their reporting tools to keep an eye on your own services that rely upon them.) UptimeRobot lets us keep a close eye on everything, and be alerted the moment something is awry.

UptimeRobot review by <span>François W.</span>
François W.

"A great tool for monitoring uptimes"

What do you like best?

It's easy to setup, it works right out of the box with minimal setup, supports multiple alerting solutions including opsgenie. Great pricing.

What do you dislike?

I wish it supported other simple monitoring tasks so that I could use it as a single solution for smaller projects, but in all honesty the one thing it does it does it really well.

Having a solution outside our infrastructure to monitor uptime of our services.

This gives us a better peace of mind and a much better downtime reaction.

Learning about Uptimerobot?

* We monitor all Uptimerobot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.