UrbanBound

UrbanBound is a Relocation Management Software platform that streamlines the relocation process for companies moving newly hired and transferring employees. By serving as the single portal to manage relocation-related activities, UrbanBound empowers companies to better predict and contain relocation costs. Relocating employees use UrbanBound’s intuitive platform to plan and organize their entire relocation and connect with suppliers who offer preferred pricing. Bringing order to a typically chaotic process, UrbanBound is forever changing the way businesses relocate talent, resulting in lower costs and happier, more productive employees. Visit us at www.urbanbound.com.

Work for UrbanBound?

Learning about UrbanBound?

UrbanBound Reviews

Ask UrbanBound a Question
Showing 6 UrbanBound reviews
UrbanBound review by <span>Arliss  O.</span>
Arliss O.

Organized Chaos

What do you like best?

The way they were able to execute on a dimes notice. I had only 2 weeks from acceptance to time of report on my first day. Relocation from Chicago Il to Scottsdale AZ.. I noted the following characteristics as we went though a vary what seem to me to be chaotic. the attentiveness of the team, the ability to keep the situation in a moderate level regarding stress, the ability to rely upon them, how organized they were, the website of resources and tracking of the plethora of details involved with a relocation.

What do you dislike?

lack of input when it came to spending the slotted budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ensure you understand what instructions Urban Bound receives from your employer regarding your relocation package and the limitations there -in. Understand how much actual control you have over how the budgeted funds are allocated and spent.

As if my relocation, to a new city / region of the country that I had never been before, in a 2 week period was not enough stress, I had a stress booster of having to sell my condo in Chicago, and purchasing in AZ. When urban bound was contacted of any issues along the way of the 3 prong services they provided (relocation, sell and purchase of real-estate) they always was quick to solve and provide updates immediately as information became available. In hindsight they were relentless in getting results. for me. These actions garnered my trust after a short period of time. As the process continued, i noticed I would convey an issue. and not worry about it. which allowed me to address the next item of urgency.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UrbanBound
UrbanBound review by User in Computer Software

Portal not really used, Vendor prices hugely inflated, Slow response from reps

What do you like best?

First impression on initial login make it seem like a progressive system. Having list of common tasks to consider for you move and content to help you with the move.

What do you dislike?

Everything else after that first session was a PITA. The portal, though nice, was never used for interaction. Creating tasks there doesn't really do anything for the move, since the primary point of contact, the moving consultant, seem to work completely independently of the port.

After the first 15 mins of playing around with the portal, I've never really used it again. Most of the tasks related to relocation are done via phone or email with the moving consultant. That in itself is not bad, if the service itself was good. Sadly, quotes from their vendors are inflated by 60%-120% with comparable quotes I got. Yet I have no choice but to go with overly expensive quotes. It's frustrating.

Turn around is also much slower with their vendors. I got two quotes from two movers in two days, with UrbanBound vendors, it took two weeks to do the same. This pattern kept on repeating itself through the whole relocation process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid. You will end up spending more and causing more stress for your employees

UrbanBound is used by my company to help me relocate.

There really isn't any benefits that I have realized personally. UrbanBound is effectively a service company, they built a webapp probably not because it creates a lot of value for the user, but as an effective tool to raise money. My entire interaction with Urbanbound has been via a one of their service reps/moving consultants via phone or email. After initially poking around the webapp, I've never used it since.

The services obtained by UrbanBound is more expensive, the turnaround is slower. Instead of reducing my stress, it probably increased it by several folds.

What Other HR solution do you use?

UrbanBound review by <span>Taylor W.</span>
Taylor W.

A wonderful experience

What do you like best?

My relocation Consultant, Jennifer Hoekstra, was the best part of my experience with urbanBound. She always responded with 24 hours of any request I had, even last minute! The resources and vendors available we reasonably prices and extremely friendly. The website is extremely user-friendly and helpful!

What do you dislike?

My moving package was a little uninformative on what our options were on certain items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great and friendly 3rd party moving service! would recommend to anyone looking for this type of service.

exceptional 3rd party moving recourse!

UrbanBound review by <span>Lauren Z.</span>
Lauren Z.

Friendly and always ready to help

What do you like best?

The relocation consultant that reached out to me was very polite, friendly, and was to readily answer any questions that I had about my move in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The UrbanBound website can be a bit confusing to navigate; it's a bit overwhelming when you first go to explore it.

UrbanBound has helped me with my relocation after I accepted a job at my current company. Their entire network of knowledge and resources is the largest benefit I realized.

UrbanBound review by User

I felt like i was in the best possible hands for the job.

What do you like best?

Everyone was so helpful and in my case i needed to relocate within a weeks time which was no problem for UrbanBound and all their affiliates. Everyone was so professional and on top of it. I felt like i was in such great hands and i was! Everything went off without a hitch.

What do you dislike?

Honestly i cant think of anything i disliked when it came to using UrbanBound.

Since i was new to the Bay Area, UrbanBound provided a wonderful tour of the city to help familiarize me with my new home which helped me immensely.

UrbanBound review by <span>Varun Raju Sivaram R.</span>
Varun Raju Sivaram R.

Jennifer who helped out with my relocation was spot on and replied swiftly every single time.

What do you like best?

Swift replies and great at solving issues immediately

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Everything was taken care.

Not have to go through the painful research on who is the economical service provider.

Learning about UrbanBound?

* We monitor all UrbanBound reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.