USATestprep

4.8

USATestprep is an online resource designed to help elementary, middle, and high school students effectively prepare for high-stakes tests.

Work for USATestprep?

Learning about USATestprep?

Categories

USATestprep Reviews

Ask USATestprep a Question
Showing 22 USATestprep reviews
USATestprep review by Allison  R.
Allison R.

"It’s a blessing to have!"

What do you like best?

I love that it helps me to differentiate and create self-paced learning opportunities for my students. I also love how much creative control I have when building assessments. It really helps me to make the material my own while still giving me mountains of resources.

What do you dislike?

Right now, I have been struggling with it a little while I get to know all of the features because there are so many. However, the in-person and online trainings are beyond helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a training course or watch the intro videos. You’ll be hooked!

I use it in my classroom. It’s helping me a Ron because we don’t have a curriculum. This helps us to stay on-track and reach our full potential. It’s so much more than test prep. It is helping our students to grow on everything.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about USATestprep
USATestprep review by Tracy S.
Tracy S.

"Great for Personalized Learning & Common Assessments"

What do you like best?

USATestPrep is by far the best skill-based on-line assessment I've used. You can set up in teams, classes, or independently, and the program tracks students' progress on each standard.

What do you dislike?

There aren't enough questions for each passage. I''d like to see a much broader range of questions for each passage. If I'm going to have students read, I'd like to be able to do more with one reading assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look at all the options it has--there is SO much useful and helpful material! Daily warm-ups, games, systems for individual assessments (and small and large group!), class challenges... It is completely worth it!!!

It's a cost effective way to provide individualized lessons for ALL students.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

USATestprep review by Cecil G.
Cecil G.

"USATestprep Really Works"

What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly and on the rare new feature that isn't, their customer support is fantastic. It's got built in variety, so when my students are tired of one feature, I can rotate through some other features and still make progress. Speaking of which, it isn't just for getting ready for state testing (althought that's my main usage of it). I know teachers that use it for regular classroom reviews, or to reteach areas using their handy videos. So it's definately got some flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Tough Question. My irritations are when things aren't perfectly suited for what I want, but I realize this software is sold to more than just me. I'd probably like just a few more tools in data analysis of student results, or in sharing those results with others, but that's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free week trial period, but honestly, just having access doesn't give you the same experience as seeing someone really USE the product for their classes. Call USATestprep and see if they can get you in touch with someone nearby who is a user who can really show you the product.

USATestprep provides me with an opportunity to show students HOW the state test looks, a CHANCE to practice that style of testing, and LOTS of opportunities for remediation. My benefits, I've never scored below 97% passing on the State Test while I've been using USATestprep.

USATestprep review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Wonderful assessment tool"

What do you like best?

I can personalize assignments for individual students based on their strengths and weaknesses. It's easy to go in and assign different activities to make sure students are grasping the information.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had a little more control over when assignments appear. I would love if I could assign activities to appear at a certain time each day instead of having to manually activate assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This isn't a product where you can just click and assign. It works best when you carefully examine the activity choices and read through the questions before selecting them.

USA Test Prep is in the business of educating students, and it does just that.

USATestprep review by Halvey N.
Halvey N.

"Valuable Resource "

What do you like best?

1. Easy to learn and use.

2. Timely response from USA team with software or content questions.

3. Instant Class and Student feedback on Mastery progress.

What do you dislike?

1. This font is faint and too small. Adjusting the zoom helps but it is also annoying!

2. I would like a feature that regenerates new numbers with the same question increasing the test bank without having to request more questions or generate my own.

3. I would like to see the company develop an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product.

We can now easily offer common assessments across teachers for school wide vertical alignment.

USATestprep review by Shane P.
Shane P.

"Science teacher for six years, IT Facilitator for just over a year"

What do you like best?

- user-friendliness

- student-engagement

- ability to determine each student's strengths and weakness

- ability to assign small groups of assignments

- ability to give a wide variety of assignments

- standards-based questions

- different types of performance tasks

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. I'm a big fan of USATP. I used it regularly in my classroom, and now I train teachers on the platform and recommend they use it in their class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap!

- student growth

- reliable data

- engagement for students

- user-friendliness for teachers

USATestprep review by Neal C.
Neal C.

"Easy and effective"

What do you like best?

USA Test Prep is simple for teachers and students to start, yet has layers and layers of resources that can be extremely helpful. No matter what the lesson may be, the software has something useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I have been using the software for many years, so even if I disliked something in the beginning, I have become accustomed to it at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really useful, and is only getting better!

Educationally, student performance has improved due to USATestprep.

USATestprep review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"I love this resource."

What do you like best?

The ability to assess students' needs and then provide individual and group review, skills work and activities in their individual areas of weakness.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about USAtestprep. I just wish I could use it more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll need to sit down and explore all that is available. Just being told about it and looking at a presentation didn't work for me. I keep finding new ways to use it with my students.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking about business problems. The benefits are that students can see their results, use those results to determine their own needs and to be able to have some ownership in their learning.

USATestprep review by Stacey T.
Stacey T.

"Best Best Test Prep"

What do you like best?

This program is the best I have used in 14 years of teaching. This more than prepared my students as well as allowed them to track their own progress for self-evaluation. I would highly recommend this product to other educators!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a bit overwhelming with the number of "pink dots", but students soon learn how to manage.

N/A

USATestprep review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Amazing program for test prep, homework, or remediation"

What do you like best?

The ability to create assignments with tasks that can be completed in any order

What do you dislike?

That the total grade cannot be adjusted to reflect late work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself some time to play around with the assignments feature!

Business as in education? Grading, I guess. It is much MUCH easier and less time consuming to grade homework.

USATestprep review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Amazing Data"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can drill down the data and it is very accurate and correlates close with the state benchmark testing.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes adding assignments can be tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to progress monitor the students throughout the year and to make sure that they are passing each standard so that I can assess reassess and remediate.

None. Customer service is excellent!

USATestprep review by Jeff W.
Jeff W.

"Teacher"

What do you like best?

USA Testprep links my specific standards to questions. When students complete assessments, I can determine what standards need to be re-taught.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see my grade level content scores compared to mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Questions for 7th and 8th grade social studies questions are spot on. My co-workers tell me the questions are weak for 7th grade science. Every school should use this!

I helps me assess student learning and understanding.

USATestprep review by Tessa B.
Tessa B.

"USA test prep"

What do you like best?

Using it for making different math worksheets

What do you dislike?

No a lot of variety. Have to search for problems that match certain standards

Helping students practice for milestones

USATestprep review by Branden R.
Branden R.

"USA test prep is the best"

What do you like best?

I love how the website allows students to practice for their state exams at the end of the year.

What do you dislike?

How practice questions sometimes covers information that will not be covered in class.

I have no idea

USATestprep review by Ethan B.
Ethan B.

"The way I track data for USA Test Prep."

What do you like best?

I like that I can monitor student progress per standard throughout the entire year.

What do you dislike?

That I can't choose my questions on an assignment like I can on a benchmark.

None at this time.

USATestprep review by Administrator

"USA Test Prep for the win!"

What do you like best?

I love how everything is standards-based and easy to access. The data is easy to use and it’s a cinch to tailor lessons toward specific students.

What do you dislike?

There are so many resources I feel overwhelmed at times. This isn’t something I dislike rather it’s an area I want to improve.

USATestprep review by Administrator

"Great tool for students and teacher friendly."

What do you like best?

Students can easily see where their strengths and weaknesses are just by looking at color coded dots.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to put a time limit on benchmark exams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product fair pricing. Students think it is helpful.

Helping to differentiate instruction for students. This program makes it easier.

USATestprep review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"USA testprep has helped our students be better repared for standardized testing."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the kids can pratice until their circles turn green.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like it is as user friendly as it could be for the students.

It helps the students prepare for standardized test questions.

USATestprep review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great for OAKS Science Test"

What do you like best?

The website offers a large number of practice questions and activities that are completely aligned to the NGSS standards. Additionally it shows how each student is doing towards proficiency on those standards.

What do you dislike?

One downside is the difficulty of importing data (which is very easy to read and review) into our grading program, PowerSchool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of the resources it offers.

Helping students to be more successful on their state science test (OAKS).

USATestprep review by Veronica C.
Veronica C.

"USA Test Prep is a great resource to help my scholars prepare for tests."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create assignments and see scholar progress on topics.

What do you dislike?

There is not sufficient content for all of the topics that I cover and some information is outdated.

USATestprep review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"USA Test Prep"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign students certain things based on their levels.

What do you dislike?

Not enough story choices for the daily use of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more stories for the daily use of the program!

It allows me to help my students become college and career ready.

USATestprep review by User in Higher Education

"Good for Formative & Summative Assessments"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of creating exams by benchmark and then seeing the results by benchmark as well.

What do you dislike?

Some questions were not to my liking, but what are you going to do.

Business? I use it for assessment of students, to monitor progress.

Learning about USATestprep?

* We monitor all USATestprep reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories