UserTesting

UserTesting

With UserTesting, you get videos of real people speaking their thoughts as they use your website, app, prototypes, and more. Make better decisions with fast customer feedback.

Work for UserTesting?

Learning about UserTesting?

UserTesting Reviews

Ask UserTesting a Question
Showing 51 UserTesting reviews
UserTesting review by <span>Skylar B.</span>
Skylar B.

"Usertesting: A Great Side Job"

What do you like best?

I like how Usertesting gives you at least $10 per survey; it's such a better pay than Swagbucks. At Time Travel Records, we are able to make an extra $20/week per person, which is so much better than $25 per two weeks, as Swagbucks has been giving. Usertesting lets you easily complete surveys on your phone, tablet, or computer for $10 per survey, and also gives you the chance to make $90 in one sitting with some special surveys that require unique qualifications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many testers want to snatch the opportunity to complete a survey, therefore making the possibility to grab surveys more difficult. For this reason, you have to leave your computer on and running, as email notifications come late. This wastes 13 cents per hour. I also don't like how I'm disqualified for almost all tests. The payout is not that much per week, and I wish it was more profitable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It's better than Swagbucks and some of the cheap knock-offs such as Userfeel. Usertesting is the real deal.

At Time Travel Records, we are able to make use of our business inactive times and make some more money on the side. It helps our workers voice their own opinions and feel rewarded on down-time. I realize that there is the huge benefit of side money that can be used for advertising and marketing, as this is something that Time Travel Records definitely needs for the future.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about UserTesting
UserTesting review by <span>Jennifer T.</span>
Jennifer T.

"Great way to earn money on the side"

What do you like best?

User testing is very easy to use, and you can pick up assignments when you want to. If the application is open, it will alert you when new tests come through, so I'll often stay logged in when I'm working on my laptop and find that I'll pick up a test or two that way. There's also an app for your phone, so you can get tests that way as well.

What do you dislike?

You need to be in almost complete silence, which is understandable as it's a screen and voice recording, but can make it awkward if you have roommates, unexpected visitors, or forget to silence your phone. Unless you're logged on to the website fairly often, you won't pick up a lot of tests, as you will only qualify for a few out of the many that they offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to get feedback from ordinary users rather than industry professionals, so you'll have a good sense of how your audience perceives the product, as well as any major issues that the app or website may have. It's also a great way to make a little extra money if you serve as a tester.

I use the program as a tester rather than a business that needs reviews, but one of the great things is that it is all just honest reviews from users, so you'll get a really good idea of how a new website or application is going to be perceived by people in the real world.

What Enterprise Feedback Management solution do you use?

UserTesting review by <span>An M.</span>
An M.

"Expensive but worth every penny in getting your team to buy-in."

What do you like best?

The ability to connect with Users around the world, and get their mostly honest opinions. I like how I can make highlight clips and share with people in my organization who don't use this product. To get started I think their templates are great.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the test can be time-consuming, you also have to dive a bit more into Stat's to get good test results. In order to make sure your test is not biased in any way. I would like a way to preview my test internally with a co-worker, to make sure that it makes sense before I send out a test to a real user.

People are aware that they are being paid to review your product so most users will not be as harsh or honest about how they think of feel about a product, so making sure you ask unbias questions becomes very important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to create categories and questions of our own for repeat use in screener questions.

Insight gathering to prove methodologies and road-mapping priorities.

UserTesting review by <span>Fungai Ryan M.</span>
Fungai Ryan M.

"Very exciting and worth my time"

What do you like best?

I like the smart and efficient payment system, which after every 7 days, you receive your payment. I Also like the general easy to access website, that is user friendly to access whatever category you wish to access on you dashboard. Finally the support centre is a very timely and helpful department that responds and helps accordingly.

What do you dislike?

That Paypal is the only channel of payment, as such this might disadvantage other testers who reside in countries that do not support paypal. Also the frequency of tests may also differ from time to time, sometimes you get some tests, sometimes you do not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for yoursef, you will definetly not go wrong

That is makes the web a better place, in that you see web errors, and simultaneously offer the best solutions in making the functionality and usability better to all the web users.

UserTesting review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Great way to check out new products and get paid for reviewing them! "

What do you like best?

The organization is great with User Testing- new tests pop up as they become available, and you can quickly figure out which ones you are eligible for. Also, the tests are easy to navigate for the most part, and if something happens in the middle of the test (for example, you figure out you aren't actually qualified), you can exit the test without worrying about getting a bad rating.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes multiple tests appear in the "Available Tests" tab, and they all have the same qualification questions. Unfortunately, you don't know this until you have opened each one separately. It would be nice if it just removed all the tests you didn't qualify for at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fill out your complete profile and don't be discouraged if you don't get any tests for awhile. Be honest when completing the qualification questions- it's only fair to the companies paying for your advice. If at all possible, get signed up for the live conversations over webcam- they are really interesting and we have found some software we have started using through talking with other product managers this way!

As a reviewer and a product manager for a website, I am finding out what other sites are doing with faceting, product branding, customization, resource player software, and product tours (specifically). Also, I make some extra money!

UserTesting review by <span>Adrian T.</span>
Adrian T.

"Smooth user testing"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform. It's easy to set up experiments, choose tasks and see the results. Also, very fast delivery of videos and customer support is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I've found their pricing towards a pro plan a bit unfavorable since there is no real estimation shown - only request a quote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy at least 3 videos and you'll be surprised of the high level of service offered

We're seeing how real work within the platform and compare it to how we envisioned the whole process. After only 5 videos, we've found real action points that we're working already on implementing.

UserTesting review by <span>Lee P.</span>
Lee P.

"Great tool for insights, a little expensive"

What do you like best?

The screener functionality (essential for the CRO work we do), the speed the videos are collected, usertesting.com's willingness to replace poor videos

What do you dislike?

The pricing is more expensive than similar tools, and the agency pricing isn't too flexible as there didn't seem to be an option for the pro features in a monthly plan / ad-hoc basis, only in an up-front annual plan.

User testing videos help us to understand how actual customers experience a website. Using features like the screeners helps to sift out the rubbish user testers & make the videos super relevant to match the website's actual audience

"Very innovative company"

What do you like best?

UT is always improving what they have. They listen to their customers and try to make their experience as smooth and efficient as possible.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, if I have a problem with something, I contact them and they will work hard to correct it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to get to know your users and how they feel about your product. Having this type of data to support decisions is very helpful.

Usability and creating the best user experience we can possibly have on our site.

We've found through user testing has helped us become more aware of what works and what doesn't for the user.

UserTesting review by Consultant

"Good for video but otherwise limited"

What do you like best?

The speed at which you can recruit participants. The participants are generally well trained how to think aloud but I do wonder if they are 'too well trained' and if they are indicative of normal users.

What do you dislike?

The cost associated with the platform and the lack of quant stats. At a cost of $99 per participant it means we can only test low numbers of users which limits any 'data' that can be relied upon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the budget then give it a try, however, if you want to get data from a large number of users and get value for money then there are other tools which will give you the video, plus more, and cost far less than $99 per user.

Helps to test wireframes and prototypes. By asking participants to complete certain tasks we are able to fairly quickly see how easy they have found it and whether we are on the right track.

UserTesting review by <span>Nathaniel F.</span>
Nathaniel F.

"Helpful for quick, quality feedback"

What do you like best?

Easy and efficient way to gather helpful feedback about your products. Can use any image, prototype or live designs, can get respondents all within a single day. Respondents are generally good quality.

What do you dislike?

UT is a helpful research input but comes with some caveats since all the respondents have selected to be part of the panel. It's best for studies that don't rely too heavily on a very particular type of user or customer.

UT provides a way to test out marketing campaigns, product prototypes, and other designs in such a quick way that it's worth doing before any release to get a temperature check on how people will respond, find usability problems, etc.

"Usertesting review"

What do you like best?

Ability to create highlight reels with notes! It's great that I can watch the video and note sections with comments and easily create high level versions of these videos to present to my team and also to clients. They get a better sense of how users actually interact with the features, which helps my team and clients build more empathy with users.

What do you dislike?

The price is really expensive compare to other remote user test software. There are some really cool features that we can use, but only at the enterprise level, so that could be a turn off to a lot of folks who want something more affordable.

Helps capture real user insights and creates a short video to provide clients to get a better idea of issues or delights users finds on new features. I also love that it helps keep my notes organized by adding them directly to the context of the video. It would be great if it allows better deliverables to present to client as the results in addition to the highlight videos.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Useful tool for a small UX team"

What do you like best?

UserTesting is a great tool for running quick remote usability tests. You can set up a test and run 5-6 users within an hour, which is obviously way faster than running in person moderated tests. Their UI (both for setting up tests and for reviewing videos) is well set up and easy to use, and they have a large and varied group of testers, even in Canada (where I am). I've also found their support team to be friendly and responsive.

What do you dislike?

This is likely true of all remote unmoderated user testing, but it is hard to give your users enough information to stay on task and not get lost without biasing how they interact. It's easy for users to get lost in the test, and it takes time and experience to learn some task writing and structuring techniques to help with this. UserTesting doesn't provide any materials to help test writers with this, which is too bad.

We're a small UX team handling a large product. UserTesting is a great tool to be able to test more aspects of our product than we would be able to if we relied on moderated and/or in person testing alone.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"User Testing review"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy access to real product feedback; videos of people using our product; easy test set up; great features to take notes or create clips from recordings; ability to follow up with user testers afterwards

What do you dislike?

Some people have hacked the system a bit and created multiple accounts I think, so we sometimes get the same person reviewing our product multiple times. It's either that, or the unique user option has a bug.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use UserTesting. You will not be disappointed. And don't get hung up on other products that maybe offer a more robust feature set, but are also more expensive. They are a jack of all trades, master of none, whereas UserTesting does recorded videos of people using your product very well.

Getting feedback on existing products, and new features - what do people like/dislike, what works really well, what's confusing, etc. Helps us answer specific product questions and de-risk new features before rolling them out to the public.

Administrator in Internet

"Perfect solution for our small team"

What do you like best?

First and foremost - the UserTesting.com panel is great! It is easy to get fast feedback from a range of good users. It is also incredibly easy to use the video player to skip to key tasks, to slow down or speed up and make and share video clips and highlight reels.

What do you dislike?

It can be rather confusing to navigate to the information given by users while taking the screeners. There is also a single download format - an Excel document with various sheets: Session Details, Metrics, Sortable Clips, Sortable Annotations, Clips by Task + Participant, Annotations by Task+Participant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for those who need quick feedback and want and easy way to view and create videos of users.

UserTesting.com allows our small team to accomplish more more research at a lower cost and LOE than we would otherwise be able to achieve. It has dramatically changed the way we collect data.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"I talk to more users now than ever!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create and set up a usability study to get valuable information quickly and easily for my projects. I have been working with the tool for a while, and love the new features that come out to make my job easier (like the new bookmarking feature).

What do you dislike?

I don't love the Excel export, and would like to see it be a bit more robust so that I can more easily export informaiton. I'd also like a better tagging solution so that I can tag things with commonly used parts of our website and then more easily add to overall insights on that area.

I'm solving eCommerce-related problems - what does the customer want? how does this work for the customer? what usability issues is the customer coming across on our site? Through using UserTesting.com, I've been able to gather feedback and data to support decisions that are being made to help make my website better.

UserTesting review by <span>Terry N.</span>
Terry N.

"Enjoying Instant Market Research"

What do you like best?

The ease of constructing and implementing online research tests is exceptional and feedback happens the same day. As feedback flies in customizing or reshaping the test further is simple to achieve. Further, professional and friendly staff support is quick to assist and always has helpful answers to questions.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes with User Testing... Only great appreciation and high respect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give User Testing a trial run.... Chances are you will become addicted to the ease and great access to the market feedback on your web content that you will experience.

Website feedback and Internet search profiling are the two uses that I have found most beneficial. My web sites are better because I can identify weaknesses early and I enjoy the ability to follow-up with respondents through an anonymous messaging system, when useful. Further, the testers themselves are generally thoughtful and offer insightful feedback... They seem to really enjoy their experience as partners with the User Tedting platform.

"A View From Both Sides"

What do you like best?

User Testing is one of the BEST ways to garner genuine user feedback. UserTesting provides pools of demographically segmented users for you and your company to test with.

What do you dislike?

The User Testing pools of demographics are based off self-reported data, and a rating system. If the tester is not honest, they're able to take your surveys, and can skew your results. I've run some tests where users have had inappropriate tabs up in the background.

Trying to convince the c-suite or even executive levels of the capability of your designs is difficult enough - but with UserTesting, you're able to PROVE the performance of your designs.

UserTesting review by Administrator

"Usertesting review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to generate efficient tests without recruiting users on my own. It allows me to spend more time conducting analysis as opposed to physically be there and moderate the tests. I also like the bookmark feature where I can create highlight reels for my test.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how easy it is for a user to get lost in the process of taking the test. Sometimes I have to create test scripts and put them on Usertesting and they are not 100% conversational. It is also difficult to guide users to complete your test without putting bias information in the test script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it however, there is a human aspect to testing that is lost in translation.

Usability amongst the different products and prototypes. Moving buttons, placement of certain UI widgets, and valuable feedback on verbiage choices.

UserTesting review by Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching
Consultant in Professional Training & Coaching

"Great for fast feedback "

What do you like best?

I like that you're able to get great feedback quickly with this tool. This tool allows me to recruit users pretty easily and get quality videos.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are "business" grade only. I used to use the tool and loved certain features. Unfortunately, those features are now not available in the individual plan. Sort of took me by surprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow for more features in the individual account. Don't take features away.

This tool allows you to get quick feedback on digital experiences from users. This helps my company solve basic usability problems with users on our design choices.

UserTesting review by <span>Jill A.</span>
Jill A.

"This is a Fun Way to Earn Money"

What do you like best?

User Testing is a fun way to make extra money. I usually work on a prototype of an app or website to see how it works. I then think aloud as I use the app or website. I like working for User Testing because it is fun. Each project is different, and it never gets boring.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get more tests. They are sporadic, and often times I do not qualify for the test.

I think this service is great for businesses who want to work the kinks out of their products!

UserTesting review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"UserTesting"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to validate a design so quickly. The time from submission to getting results is very quick. Their customer support is excellent as well. It's great to be able to filter types of users to get someone closest to your business' demographic. The pricing seems fair and I like the credit system because I know that the credits are there whenever I need to run a test.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes users don't read instructions carefully, which can invalidate a test. It's also somewhat difficult to test features that are meant for existing customers. Definitely a product better suited for acquisition testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is best suited for testing conversion funnels and other pages meant for prospective customers.

Validating designs quickly without having to schedule a user test. We identify usability errors before they go live. We are able to iterate on designs quickly and ensure the quality of an interface in a low risk environment.

UserTesting review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"UserTesting's Basic service are an easy way to prove the value of even a tiny Usability budget."

What do you like best?

The quality of the user-tests is fantastic. It's very easy to setup. Being able to share video clips via hyper-link is going to win our small small usability team more opportunities to influence product development. The videos are their own value-proposition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I requested pricing for the Pro tools, that I got pestered by pushy salesmen for months and never received the pricing I requested. I might be able to get pre-approval for a subscription, if they would just give me a straightforward answer. This way, it'll never happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get budget for just one "test" video. It will be much easy to demo the potential benefits.

We are building better apps for HVAC. We finally have something internally shareable, that doesn't require a lengthy explanation to go with it. This will help us build better cross-department collaboration.

UserTesting review by <span>Jared J.</span>
Jared J.

"Wonderfully simple solution to user testing needs! "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to setup, execute, asses, and change my digital experiences easily and quickly using UserTesting! It's fast, efficient, and effective and optimizing our experiences as a business to maximize our value to our specific, desired end-users.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I DON'T like about UserTesting!

As a business, we were able to optimize an experience before it went to market to increase it's conversion rate within the experience 10x! Super helpful to us as a business AND our users.

UserTesting review by <span>Thomas A.</span>
Thomas A.

"I love UserTesting.com"

What do you like best?

I really love how easy it is to use your website. I also like the fact that your company has such excellent service (customer support).

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I wish I could put something here. If I HAD to be picky and find something I dislike, it would be the amount of e-mails I get from you guys. I appreciate e-mails about my tests being complete, but do I really need one to tell me my metrics are ready to be downloaded?

We are trying to launch a new website and we have found UserTesting to be incredible helpful in finding issues (large and small). We have optimized and now find ourselves in an extremely competitive place with regards to usability.

UserTesting review by Consultant in Design
Consultant in Design

"User testing tool"

What do you like best?

The quick process,

The mobile testing has the new self coding annotation that is very helpful in removing the manual writing I had to do earlier

What do you dislike?

In web testing, I need to self code.

The metrics tab has some of the answers in a very confusing manner

You should also help create qualitative patterns of self coded quotes, as it becomes a time intensive process to do manually. Right now, we only have three questions where you find qualitative patterns

Need more pointed information on when NPS scores are low, why they are low - then us manually deriving from whole video

This gives me more user centred solutions, I have to personally connect it to business goal

UserTesting review by User in Internet

"Quick easy way to test user experience and designs "

What do you like best?

The steps to create a test are easy and simple to follow. Usually get a response by someone within a few hours.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people get past the first round of questions which leads to some information not being the best it could be.

Solving the problems with new designs and making sure the layout of the website is doing what it is intended to do. We are able to test it first and fix problems before something new goes live. We fix problems before so we avoid major problems when it is live.

UserTesting review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Utilize UserTesting for remote usability studies"

What do you like best?

UserTesting makes usability testing easy, and the results are fast. I usually run tests with about 5 users and will have completed studies in just a couple of hours, depending on the type of users that I'm looking for. One of the best parts is that for basic usability testing, you can use their panel and set up screener questions, which takes care of recruiting. This allows you to easily do a dry run and iron out any issues with your test script before launching it to other testers.

What do you dislike?

The quality of testers is hit or miss - sometimes they're really good, and sometimes they're not. I've sent a few back for not reading the test instructions. However, the UserTesting support team is very responsive when you run into problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems like the competition for these types of tools is intensifying. Overall, I've been satisfied with the tool, but I'd do a little research before deciding on one.

I typically run remote, unmoderated tests for usability studies. I've tested all different fidelities from bare-bones wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes and live websites.

UserTesting review by User in Information Technology and Services

"usertesting is the only tool we use for online user testing"

What do you like best?

It's fast. you get videos back in hours.

What do you dislike?

Some users are not great at giving feedback or talking out loud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for online remote user testing. We use it most of the time. Easy to create test sessions, and the turn back time is very fast, usually around a couple of hours.

To conduct user testing online with random selected users. large user base, which is great.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"One tool in our larger customer testing process"

What do you like best?

Incredibly fast feedback from a range of users. We use usertesting.com when we're trying to get some nuance on qualitative data for our acquisition flows or when we want to gut-check pre-paywall experiences' usability.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little pricey, and some customers rush through the tests. It's also obviously not setup to test experiences for existing/habituated customers. And really needs to be done in conjunction with quantitative research. Would also be great to be better able to specify user demographics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to clearly plan out your test plan. Users will walk through them without nuance, very quickly, and may miss things.

Usertesting.com is one of many tools we use to validate designs for prospects and as a easy check for some basic usability questions.

UserTesting review by <span>Camron L.</span>
Camron L.

"Reaching more users, gaining more loyal customers."

What do you like best?

It's really easy to reach more users in less time.

What do you dislike?

The user quality is hit or miss. Most are pretty good but there's always a few...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support team, they're great and can definitely guide you through any rough spots.

Also, give them feedback. They listen and sometimes incorporate customer ideas into new version releases.

Building intuitive interfaces for users to quickly complete tasks for find information.

UserTesting review by <span>Roxane V.</span>
Roxane V.

"Great for insights on a budget"

What do you like best?

I like that I can get qualitative reports of our experiences without too much hassle, money, and on a short timeline.

What do you dislike?

The only problem is that sometimes users will not be truthful in order to complete tests, so backgrounds aren't always accurate,.

I want to find bottlenecks in our experiences and figure out what functionality can confuse our users by watching people use our sites.

"Great testing resource"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to quickly test designs and uncover pain points. The quick turn around is such a huge deal - I'm able to get insights and relay the findings to my team within a few hours.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile testing component was faster. It takes longer to recruit mobile users than it does to recruit desktop users. This has impacted our testing schedule as we are shifting to mobile first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

UserTesting is well worth the money!

UserTesting has allowed us to better understand our users. This has allowed us to better align our tools to user needs.

UserTesting review by <span>Anna S.</span>
Anna S.

"I love user testing. It's great! "

What do you like best?

That it's really easy to get a prototype in front of users.

What do you dislike?

The account executive staff seem disorganized.

We've solved the problem of getting things in front of a customer quickly and easily. We've also realized that by getting things in front of the customer BEFORE we build it, we save on average $20K every idea we evaluate before building.

UserTesting review by <span>Rebecca H.</span>
Rebecca H.

"Quick and effective User Testing on a budget"

What do you like best?

Tests were easy to set up and customize to my needs, results are fast, interface was easy to learn, and ability to take notes and save clips of user feedback was robust.

What do you dislike?

Some users take the testing more seriously than others.

We were in need of a Budget-friendly user testing option that would give us quick and reliable feedback on IAs, wireframes, and designs.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Useful service for the right situations"

What do you like best?

Verbal feedback from users to specific questions.

What do you dislike?

Feedback from people who are not your real customers can provide skewed results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off small and understand the best ways to use the product before you spend thousands of dollars on a tool you may not need.

Also really force your account representative to provide insight on tools and ways to test. If not they will just check in when it is time to collect another payment.

How useful are new features and did we build them to be as usable as possible.

UserTesting review by User

"My experience with this product has been great."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the efficiency and layout of the clip creating when watching videos.

What do you dislike?

There could be easier ways to separate each video into a different category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend usertesting if you are looking for an easy to use and very well designed tool to conduct user tests.

I am solving problems related to a very popular retail website and the usability of its features. Usertesing has benefited me becuase it allows me to find problems with our website and fix them to create a better user experience.

Administrator in Internet

"Helpful Tool For User Research"

What do you like best?

It is very fast and easy to use. We use it to recruit participants for quick testing of designs and it works great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the participants do not follow the directions because it is remote unmoderated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you ask for a trial if you are on the fence. The users they have on their panel are good for general population testing.

We use this to test quick designs with new users and there are a lot of users on UserTesting

Administrator in Internet

"Love this tool for quick and valuable feedback"

What do you like best?

Usertesting allows us to get feedback about our website from real people, very quickly. You can screen the users to ensure they meet your criteria. Generally we get results back within an hour, it has never taken more than a day. I like that you can take notes directly in the videos, so that you can easily find your spot later on. You can also create highlight reels and share them with your team members.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if I could do all my analysis and notes in user testing's site. Right now I am able to create notes on the video, and share clips, but I'd love to have a space to easily record and share higher level insights. No, you don't get the subtle observations that you would in an in person usability test, but this tool lets you get quick feedback to build up to an eventual in person test that may be more valuable than if you hadn't done any online tests first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to speak with their support and customer representatives, they are very helpful.

With this tool we are able to get quick, valuable feedback on our website. We use this to make decisions and changes to our site with the goal of giving users what they really want.

"Overall positive experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, quick fast. Quick responses when participants are not the best. Intuitive design.

What do you dislike?

I REALLY dislike how when you make a video clip, you cannot type at the same time the video is playing. This is a horrible feature and needs to be fixed asap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, please, please fix the video clip and typing feature--this is super annoying.

I am trying to understand how users interact with our site, competitor sites, identify pain points, see their experience, etc.

UserTesting review by User in Internet

"UserTesting helps me recruit participants and record their behavior with our products quickly."

What do you like best?

Videos and annotation feature (go 5 seconds back is the best)

What do you dislike?

Not the greatest transparency when it comes to (additional) charges for company plan services. Too much hassle for moderated testing and some issues with app testing. Recruiting for moderated testing costs more.

It has helped us identify some big usability issues and has proven helpful in communicating those to our various teams. Showing video clips of actual users is extremely helpful.

UserTesting review by User

"Test to get the best results."

What do you like best?

If you need candid opinions about your website (functionality and others), usertesting is the best option. As a webite ownwer, you get first hand impression and opinion from selected users of your website. If you are interested in working as a tester (to earn some money) this is also a great platform for you- its is legit.

Got comments and reacttions that helped improve our company's website using user testing, its a thorough platform, great for business!!!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It is available in/to all languages which makes it open to almost every one/ organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do you want a better website? test it with usertesting.

Website testing

UserTesting review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"The best around"

What do you like best?

The speed of video editing and publishing is amazing. Lots of smart support for different levels of users, including non-researchers. Amazing customer service.

What do you dislike?

The users tend to be "A students", and it can be tough to find 'average' users.

Everything!

UserTesting review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"incredibly helpful for getting qualitative feedback on things we'd like to explore."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to capture and analyze the data we need!

What do you dislike?

That customers from time to time will try to con us just to make a quick buck.

We're understanding different kinds of digital spaces, like the new tab space for example and are working to know how people use this space to better iterate on the products our company makes.

UserTesting review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Useful tool in understanding customer experience on site"

What do you like best?

UserTesting helps us to better understand site strengths and weaknesses, and also helps complete our ecosystem of tools that give us insight into customer experience/journey. Combining quantitative and qualitative data gives merit to certain priorities that need to be addressed with our sites. The staff is also very friendly and helpful!

What do you dislike?

Watching the videos can be long and tedious, however this is being addressed in the near future with new featured UserTesting will release.

We mainly use UserTesting for site experience issues or enhancements. We've made many improvements to the customer experience based on behaviors and feedback we've received from testers.

UserTesting review by User

"Functional. Now overpriced. "

What do you like best?

The video editing, testing building and ease of capture is the best part of the product.

What do you dislike?

The video editing dashboard is confusing where you have the option to clip and take notes or make indicators... I got lost every now and then. My goal was to know why I was making certain marks on the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price jump in 2016 was outrageous for our team. We left UserTesting and came up with new solutions. Although UX research is gaining popularity, their budgets aren't in my experience.

We mostly used UserTesting for usability testing with the release of sprints or with prototypes.

"Brilliant Site"

What do you like best?

By far the quickest testing site at generating feedback from customers from a range of demographics, including country, gender, age and the device they use. The fact that it integrates with invision is also very useful. The clip generator is another feature which is very useful when you need to share your testing out with a wider audience.

What do you dislike?

I only have a few dislikes, as a UX designer I would like to categorise different comments I make based on a tag or colour.

Quickest way of solving large scale usability issues in my work.

"Great for beginners"

What do you like best?

Great way to make money with fun campaigns.

What do you dislike?

You have to wait for new campaigns to pop up in your view.

Able to fund my shopping for materials.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Very positive and informative experience"

What do you like best?

It is simple, easy to use, and exposes a lot of nuances in user experience that would not be exposed through any other means.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to aggregate information and takes a significant amount of time to build generalized results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, but implementation and analysis takes a fair amount of time.

We are trying to discover issues in user experience and customer path flow. We've realized that a lot of bottlenecks in experience cannot be identified and proven without this tool.

UserTesting review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Fast and easy to use user feedback"

What do you like best?

The tools are easy to use and provide rich insights.

What do you dislike?

Watching so many videos can become tiresome over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need fast and quick user feedback, this is the tool

Trying to implement a user driven design practice.

UserTesting review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"User testing has been excellent so far"

What do you like best?

Overall my experience has been awesome. The customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. I had some slight technical issues with the site recently but tech support was amazing and it was solved promptly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely recommend

UX/UI research

UserTesting review by Administrator

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

fast turnaround; candid feedback; randomly selected real customers.

What do you dislike?

My Recruit does not work well b/c my company has limitations on what plug-ins to install.

usability issues of design. user testing allows identifying problems when it's still being designed.

Learn more about UserTesting

UserTesting Videos

Learning about UserTesting?

* We monitor all UserTesting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.