Veeam licensing terms
Veeam offers a variety of license terms. For more information on product availability please contact your Veeam ProPartner.
Software licenses and use of the products do not expire. One year of basic support and maintenance is included with any new perpetual license purchased.
Stay current on maintenance to get:
- Product updates and new major versions.
- Access to technical support
- Access to license keys management portal
Please note: You won’t be able to manage and download license keys if your maintenance expires. Veeam advises customers to always make a backup of all license files.
Subscription licensing allows customers to lower upfront costs while licensing over a defined period of time.
Software licenses and use of the products expire at the end of the subscription term and include Production 24x7 support.
One, two and three-year subscription licenses are available. At the end of the license period, both the use of the product as well as support will be turned off. Customers can choose to purchase a new subscription license at the then-current rate or buy a new perpetual license.
Veeam licensing (all products)
Veeam® licenses software in two ways:
1) The number of CPU sockets on a managed server (or host). The default method of licensing Veeam products is by the number of sockets on managed servers (hosts).
Example: A customer has four ESXi servers that are dual processor, quad core. This requires eight sockets to be licensed (4 hosts x 2 sockets/host = 8 sockets)
2) Number of VMs managed (reserved only for Veeam Cloud & Service Provider program members)