Vembu BDR Suite

Vembu BDR Suite

(40 reviews)

Supports Agentless VMware vSphere Image Backup, Advanced Microsoft Hyper-V Image Backup and Physical Machine Disk Image Backup with application aware options enabled.

Work for Vembu BDR Suite?

Learning about Vembu BDR Suite?

Compare Vembu BDR Suite to Similar Solutions

Vembu BDR Suite Reviews

Vembu BDR Suite review by Darrian C.
Darrian C.

"Great product with great support"

What do you like best?

The product itself is constantly improved and updated, and the Vembu support team is always on hand to assist with problems. Feature requests are taken seriously and usually implemented if the feature will benefit all clients.

What do you dislike?

The licensing of the product is slightly over-complicated, but this could be improved and the support personnel are always on hand to answer questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install Vembu BDR suite in a virtual environment for testing prior to roll out in order to familiarize yourself with the product prior to installing in production.

Backup and disaster recovery - we now have relative peace of mind.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vembu BDR Suite
Showing 47 Vembu BDR Suite reviews
Vembu BDR Suite review by Jerry C.
Jerry C.

"Excellent software and support"

What do you like best?

We have been using Vembu for years and the BDR suite is an example of the excellent software we have come to expect from Vembu. It has the features we are looking for, but most important of all, it is stable. We tried multiple vendors through the years until we finally came across his company. We stayed with them because when we need to do a restore and when we do our routine check, the backups of run in the data is there.

What do you dislike?

Had a couple of problems with the upgrade to the BDR suite because previous version did not uninstall properly. Fortunately, support was great and the problem was resolved quickly. Of course, the problems were possibly, maybe even probably, caused by the Microsoft OS being flaky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's excellent software that is comprehensive enough to meet the needs of various types of clients and most every scenario. Plus is stable and the company continually makes upgrades to fit the changing circumstances of our business. The price is certainly fair. So after years of using it with multiple clients, I can strongly recommend it. I've been in this business for 25 years so I know a good thing when I see it.

Backup and disaster recovery four standard and VM PCs and servers.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Stuart C.
Stuart C.

"A great soulton"

What do you like best?

The clean and friendly web based interface. It's also very dynamic for us. I can back up and restore on the file level and also restore and entire VM in a matter of minutes if I had to. The price was also attractive compared to something like Veeam.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really so far. If I had to choose one thing it would be tech support hours. I had a few issues with a couple of my servers not backing up initially and the engineers work off of an India time zone where I am in Mountain Time. It worked out, it was just a little inconvenient at the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely take a look at Vembu as opposed to something like Veeam. It's a great alternative that has me sold.

A full backup solution for our company that is dynamic and just works. I love the fact that I can fire up a VM from a backup and have it running on the BDR server itself if I have no other VM host to run it. Very versatile.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

Vembu BDR Suite review by Adrian T.
Adrian T.

"Great support and product"

What do you like best?

Implementing this solutions is very easy, installing the server and configuring the clients. Support is always exceptional, the Vembu engineers are always hands-on and very talented. The price is very good, including free backups for or client OS.

What do you dislike?

There are a few missing bits on the server compared to their previous product (Storegrid), like you cannot edit any client configuration from the server side. The reporting is not perfect as you can get a missed backup email and a successful email seconds apart for the exact same job, probably a bug. The portal can be improved as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great individuals that are doing a great job.

Backing up tens of small company users or mobile users (laptop users), protecting the local data. It helped us rebuild machines that suffered hard failures without loosing any data.

Vembu BDR Suite review by KAILASH K.
KAILASH K.

"It is ease to use and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Its Setup in one click. Administration is quit simple.They have best Quality of Customer Support. With we can increase our Business.

Management of Disaster Recovery, Remote Backup, Storage Formats, Scheduled Backup, On _Demand Restoration is very simple and user friendly.

They have very good reporting feature. Easy to monitor. Effectively and timely got Alert/ Notifications. Also have good and point to point documentation.

In data security , all data are encrypted and follow all guideline of security compliance.

There is no duplication of data. Vembu has crafted one of the best-looking interfaces. And I don’t mean all flashy look. It’s well thought out, very simple to use. A color combination is easy on the eyes. All the information is visible and is not hidden under a submenu of the submenu like with some products. We can enable Application Aware Settings. Vembu has put a lot of thought about the features in this product and Replication is no exception. Replication is accessible from the menu and a procedure to set up is as simple as and has some great features.

What do you dislike?

Price should be lower to get more customer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend to my clients

For Backup and restoration of client data.

Restoration is very simple and user friendly.

There is no duplication of data.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Vembu free version is perfect for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the free version as it offers perpetual license to backup 3 VM's with full features. This is great for small businesses that has 1 or 2 esxi hosts and is new to virtualization. It allows the small business to take advantage of the software without spending that much and because of that they can plan ahead and include Vembu product licensing in the future once the need to backup more servers arises. Vembu also has an appliance version and is also perfect for small business. Licensing another OS just for backup is not a really cost effective for small businesses and this feature is perfect.

What do you dislike?

Once a vembu server is synced to an online account and for some reason the admin needs to sync the server to another online account, the admin has only 2 options. Either he uninstalls and reinstall the product to change the server id and sync to an online account or have a tech support change it manually on the database for them. Option 2 is not documented so most of the time, admins will just uninstall and reinstall and sometimes that is disruptive. Recovery of the vembu server is complicated and would require an admin in depth knowledge of how to recover the server.

Small business backup strategy while using on premise NAS with optional replication to another offsite storage or to the cloud. The backup is very efficient and simple to use. Adding a NAS to the vembu server is a straightforward process. My client receives a report that a successful backup has been completed and this is very helpful compared to their previous backup solution that has no management and notification alerts.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Terry S.
Terry S.

"Vembu needs more time"

What do you like best?

The free version will allow me to make an image to use in vmware, I have been happy with the setup so far

What do you dislike?

a little convoluted to get from trial to free, I couldn't find a way to activate it, it was not very intuitive, I wanted to use the free version for a while to get a better feel for the software, we have a medium sized virtual server farm and need a robust solution. Our current solution was undersold and has created both a backup problem and a business problem as the principle is concerned how we were undersold.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software definitely has a learning curve, I'm sure it can do everything I want it to and more, but I had to move into another project so I am still working on more than a basic setup. We may need to revisit this as I have more P to V to accomplish first.

physical to virtual move of a server worked well, better than VmWare's for me. I was able to setup and run backups, Liked that I could automate backups, I had to do manual when I used the free version of Veeam.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Rahiim P.
Rahiim P.

"Best Backup software out there for SME's"

What do you like best?

Incremental VM Backups, Customer Support and Scheduled Backups as well as Replication options.

What do you dislike?

The application opens in a Browser window instead of as an application.

This can sometimes conflict with Server group policies on internet browsers and/or webpages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing is better than veeam and the solution offers just as much, if not more.

Backing up of Important VM's and also there is less space consumed with the backups thanks to the incremental backup solution.

This also has numerous restore points up to a month for a backup.

Previously we could not automate backups within the software, we had to run a script in windows and schedule the script. now we do not need to worry about that anymore.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Sadanand Y.
Sadanand Y.

"Vembu BDR Product Overview"

What do you like best?

one solution that meet all backup requirement. The products under the Suite can be deployed in any location like on-premise, offsite and the Cloud.

What do you dislike?

Earlier backup product (Storegrid) having features to keep backup on local disk but this features are missing in Vembu BDR.

the most advantage is Vembu BDR supporting all types of backup i.e workstation, Physical Server, Vmware, Hyper-V, application aware backup, image backup, network backup etc.. & most great business benefits is unlimited workstation backup free in free edition.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Excellent Support Rec"

What do you like best?

Response time is great. Each time I have submitted an issue I received a reply back within minutes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only thing I am not thrilled with is the lack of comprehensive reporting by the Online Backup application. It would be nice to have some reports to better monitor my clients with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am looking for a more comprehensive reporting feature from the Online Backup app to better help me monitor my clients.

I am a Offsite Data backup provider for various companies/industries.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Darrian C.
Darrian C.

"Vembu BDR - A Good Starting Point for Disaster Recovery"

What do you like best?

Vembu is easy to configure and has a robust disaster recovery topology if utilized with OffsiteDR. Their support and service is fantastic too.

What do you dislike?

Backup restore times are longer than you would expect, which could be a limiting factor if restoring a large backup quickly is needed.

Data backup and disaster recovery. We have managed to restore accidentally deleted files as well as recover from server loss.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Great tool for VM backups and replication"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Vembu, it's super intuitive to use in either ESX or Hyper V. I've tried both full/increment VM backup and VM replication and both work flawlessly. It's also a really cost effective way to backup your environment.

Finally, what makes it even better is the support guys are on point.

What do you dislike?

At the moment i've not seen anything bad about Vembu. The only really issue i've had was a bug in the VembuBDR version deployed via OVF, but the support guys were able to point me to a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say run the trial and make your own mind up. The product works really well and it's easy to use and cost effective. Also more importantly support are quick to respond and know their stuff.

There are a lot of products like this, but I would say cost and support are what makes Vembu stand out.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Harrison L.
Harrison L.

"Life saver "

What do you like best?

Vembu saved our startup on more than one occasion when a winter storm hit the city a few years ago. When a power outage caused the power to be down for about 3 days we had set our servers to backup nightly and it was able to save all our data to Vembu’s servers.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t too much to dislike about their service, the only thing that I’d suggest a slight improvement on is their base line prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your workstations and your servers are compatible with their software.

We established a great sense of peace of mind using Vembu, both with our records and customer information.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Graham G.
Graham G.

"Vembu provides a comprehensive suite for backup solutions"

What do you like best?

I can backup files, servers and VMs from a common interface, and replicate a 2nd copy offsite. I have pushed the product hard, and the vembu support team has always been quick to assist when needed. It is nice to know that type of support is available.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, you just need to use the trial product for a while to get used to the console.

As an MSP my customers feel safer knowing that they get a daily emailed image of their server running on alternate hardware. So they know their backups are good backups.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Zoltan G.
Zoltan G.

"Reliable product to backup virtual machines"

What do you like best?

The installation and initial setup is straightforward. I like the intuitive user interface and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a reliable and easy to set-up Backup and DR solution.

We are using Vembu BDR to backup our primary backup solution, thus provide a DR solution for our Backup Infrastructure.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User

"Nice to have but not a must for small businesses"

What do you like best?

We liked that the process was fairly automated following initial setup. There were jobs running in the background that backed up all of our files each night.

What do you dislike?

I felt it was a bit overkill for our company. We employ a large number of people, but most of them are in the warehouse. Our corporate office is only comprised of about 100 people. We found it was more than we needed and could easily manually back up our files for a lot cheaper.

We tried it out as a way of continuing the automation initiatives we have recently ventured into, but we found that file and system backups were easily done as a manual job once a day. We didn't feel the need to pay for such a robust platform.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"BDR Suite"

What do you like best?

Good Interface, easy to load, entire suite is covered for complete easy access to graphing.Automated backup verification

Near CDP ( <15 min)

Changed Block Tracking (CBT) – Incremental backups

Advanced reverse incremental – via Vembu HIVE, it creates bootable full virtual disks (VMDK, VHD and KVM) for all recovery points without using any additional resources

Retention Policies

Quick VM recovery (for ESXi and Hyper-V or KVM)

Disk level recovery

What do you dislike?

the free version has some limitation and those limitations apply for VMware vSphere or ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM and also to physical systems as Vembu has the possibility (via agents) to backup Windows systems (desktops/laptops/servers) and also provide a Bare Metal Recovery for those systems.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Vembu BDR review"

What do you like best?

Vembu Saas backup is a comprehensive and easy to use option that is the perfect fit for small businesses. They offer a backup and data recovery solution for virtual and physical environments absolutely free. It's simple intuitive virtual interface makes management a breeze. I personally love the online portal and the dashboard feature which allows users a snapshot of their account and services.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I dislike at this time, it delivers everything it promises. I have no complaints about the solution at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Vembu to any SMB or individual user who would benefit from the cost savings of a quality solution without having to sacrifice level of service.

Saas backup, office 365, Virtual and physical backup and Data recovery

Vembu BDR Suite review by Consultant

"The Best Backup/DR tool"

What do you like best?

We can have unlimited VMs backup using this tool. The replication feature allows you to replicate between remote sites seamlessly. The licensing model works for Bare metal servers & Virtual Hypervisors as well.All this with a very minimum cost.

What do you dislike?

License binding to the physical host. We need to change the license (re-assign) to the new host which is not an easy task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a easy plug and play kind of setup with not much complexities involved, then go for it.

It solved my backup solution for heterogeneous environment. We use it for virtual platform, bare metal platform, Physical hosts.

The technical support is excellent.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Best backup software I have used in a long time"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and get backups going, very easy customisation and really quick to restore files or full servers at the drop of a hat.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes so far, been an amazing system to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend using this due to ease of setup and ease of use

Easy backup and restore solving issues like accidental deletions and failed servers, easy to boot up a new VM.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Efstratios M.
Efstratios M.

"Quick and easy operations to backup"

What do you like best?

I would liked the Vembu support that helped me via remote session to solve a situation that had with one VM backup

What do you dislike?

So far have not seen any that I do not like.

Business backups

Vembu BDR Suite review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the product and the willingness by support to work through our issues with us.

What do you dislike?

Needs a bit more polishing and needs a central management platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth every cent.

Disaster recovery has been simplified along with backups.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Simple and effective software for VM backups"

What do you like best?

Cost effective and flexibility of the software. Dont need expensive hardware to backup , restore or store data

What do you dislike?

The software is meeting all our requirement which is intended to be done. We are basically using this for VM backups of our development machines and sometimes licencing compliance check of the software causes issues in our environment due to VM's being migrated to other host. But i dont blame the software for it, as VM's need to be kept on the licenced host

Backing up of devolopment VM's on a daily basis with lot of data changes is hard to achieve. Quick backups and easy restore procedures are commendable.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Does What It Says On The Tin - For Free/Low Cost!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Ease-of-Use, Cost, Minimal Set Up, Great Support

What do you dislike?

Adding in a service account caused some initial issues, but this has now been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a go - I have found it has satisfied our business need.

Backing up our "less-critical" physical servers - benefits include receiving notifications when the job is done, and Vembu also verifies the integrity of the image when completed.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Robin Jeannine R.
Robin Jeannine R.

"Vembu Trial EXCELLENT"

What do you like best?

The Vembu staff is great! They are quick to answer any questions and explain how their products work best.

We went through several trials with other venders. The Vembu trial went really well and we have just purchased their product.

What do you dislike?

Some of the cloud only features that we need are in the next release

Making sure our customers have reliable backups that can be restored quickly.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Bob W.
Bob W.

"Persistance pays off"

What do you like best?

The engineers stayed with the issue until it was resolved.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, they did a great job. They responded quickly and clearly to all of my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time evaluating. Carefully read the .pdf's.

We use Vembu to back up clients Hyper-v and physical systems. It has been very reliable. Support has been readily available.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Jeevan U.
Jeevan U.

"Excellent backup tool"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly

Alert is very much information contained so that user can digonise them selves that either backend error or front end

What do you dislike?

Nothing so much about it

It may some time taking so much for support .

They need to increase support staff

To resolve Backup problem

Vembu BDR Suite review by Kashif Z.
Kashif Z.

"CBT Very Clever"

What do you like best?

The Change Block Technology in BDR is great and better than I have tested with many competitive products, and it is fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometime, it just throws generic Invalid License Key issues on the portal which can be annoying

for time being, we are using free version on our internal to test

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Good Product but support is lacking"

What do you like best?

The software seems to run well and do it's job but we continually get errors. Otherwise I am happy

What do you dislike?

Writer errors that cannot get corrected without restart. Also very resource hungry.

Backup and recovery/ nice to have VM Backups

"Backup and recovery"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, quick effective suppor,. offsite backu, price.

What do you dislike?

The truth is that the software is used very little, from time to time making some backups was delayed too much

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, the truth to be able to directly backup the Vembu cloud without problems is the best

We offer a 24 × 7 monitoring and management service (Vembu BDR360) and we have a common tool for granular restoration at the level of Exchange, SQL, AD, SharePoin applications, something that is excellent for companies

"Ipsos BDR "

What do you like best?

the setup is user friendly and also the Management

What do you dislike?

missing the history of Backup jobs and should be able to run the job and restore options from the server portal

Automatic Backup without user intervention and also without slowing down the pc's

"Cheap and reliable"

What do you like best?

Very fast and good compression rate. Easy simple and easy to use or setup. Reliable and easy to restore files.

What do you dislike?

Backup reports are not detailed enough e.g. what files where skipped and you don't have a lot of control over the endpoints from within the portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the money and great support. Proud to be a Vembu partner.

Backing up up a large number of laptops and PCs.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Estoy usando la Version Gratuita sin Problemas."

What do you like best?

Puedo agendar jobs sin que sea una opcion de pago como en la competencia

What do you dislike?

Me gustaroa poder editar los nombres de los jobs, agregar mas agendamientos de reportes

Recommendations to others considering the product

na

Yes, tengo evidencia de mi proceso de respaldo

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Vembu for Mid Enterprise as a Solution"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the pricing is good. Ease of setting up

What do you dislike?

The support is not the greatest, some of the important features are missing.

Backups and Restore. Ease of restoring in the virtual environments

Vembu BDR Suite review by Erin C.
Erin C.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Worked really well in backing up all of my files and projects. Very reliable.

What do you dislike?

It was a little hard to get used to the software and how it worked.

Backing up important old files

Vembu BDR Suite review by Franzi B.
Franzi B.

"User friendly back up system"

What do you like best?

Monitoring management

Granular recovery of files

Support for server roles

What do you dislike?

Support

Sales contact

Pricing

No free premium consulting

No free entry level set up

Universal recovery

Business application protection

Backup to the cloud

"Vembu BDR"

What do you like best?

It's great to have a cloud based back-up to replicate our company's server.

What do you dislike?

BDR seems to gt disconnected from our server & then we're required to run the license check within 3 days

We were trying to have a disaster recovery plan. The benefit is that in the event of disaster we could get our business back up & running quickly.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Consultant

"Great support"

What do you like best?

Flexible payment plans. Responsive online support

What do you dislike?

Better documented troubleshooting on server installation errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All forms of backups. A very versatile product.

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Easier management and setup then Vembu Storgrid"

What do you like best?

Ease of management. So easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

The license check times out every so often.

Backup fir a customer.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Good Product "

What do you like best?

The extent of data the software can recover even after a crash you assumed was going to completely wipe you out

What do you dislike?

Not a very attractive interface which is a personal qualm.

I've realized that nothing is ever truly erased on your system and glad this program can assist in getting you back as much as possible

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator

"Great product great support!"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Quick effective support.

What do you dislike?

As product gains a customer base it will be important to have a ticketing system (well one that customer is exposed to) rather than simple e-mail exchanges.

Currently we are using only free modules but will be reviewing the suite as an alternative to VEEAM. Perhaps also a secondary backup/replication system.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Easy Software and Great Suppport"

What do you like best?

The support team is terrific. They are Fast and reactive, even willing to go beyond their scope.

What do you dislike?

VMware vs Hyper-V approach. It would be simpler to have a single product for both.

Easy offsite Disaster Recovery

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"simple effective back up and DR solution"

What do you like best?

the solution is simple and robust and is fairly easy to install and administer back up for VMWare environment.

What do you dislike?

interface can be definitely more intuitive from a user standpoint and can also be simpler

cost effective back up, DR solution for medium sized businesses

"StoreGrid"

What do you like best?

The service is a set it and forget it.

What do you dislike?

This software definitely has a learning curve, and has not been updated recently. I would suggest it have better error handling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have enough space available.

Multi-sight backups.

"it was helpful "

What do you like best?

i like the services being provided. i would recommend

What do you dislike?

i cant share the information to other colleagues. this would have been helpful if i can transfer information p

Recommendations to others considering the product

i recommend it to anyone looking into getting a business

organisation

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Not the best"

What do you like best?

The compression of files is amongst the best I've seen

What do you dislike?

Installation wasnt very easy. The back up and restore features and interface not very attractive.

Able to manage the many platforms necessary for the business

Vembu BDR Suite review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Great Experience!!"

What do you like best?

All applications are useful for day to day basis including backup and other IT works.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far. all applications are useful to our company.

Day to day backup and other IT technical problems.

Vembu BDR Suite review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Good software with working data"

What do you like best?

I like most of design and working style of software

What do you dislike?

A little bit hard to understand Of course

Collecting data analyzing and convert them

Learn more about Vembu BDR Suite

Vembu BDR Suite Videos

Learning about Vembu BDR Suite?

* We monitor all Vembu BDR Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Vembu BDR Suite to Similar Solutions