What do you like best?
I work in a non-profit that supports people experiencing homelessness find services and housing. This product has done a great job for us in creating user friendly infographics. I use it to demonstrate the work that we are doing each day and month. I send out a monthly infographic that shows the amount of clients we have worked with, the amount that received housing, the amount connected to services and so on. It was easy to use and it provides a picture of the services we provided. In addition, I used to to create maps, and information sheets for our clients. I wanted to make them as visual and user friendly as possible. Venngage has many templates that I used as starting points to adjust and create my own documents. We have gotten a significant amount of positive feedback from clients and staff around how the documents are much more understandable. Overall, I have gotten more than our moneys worth from utilizing Venngage. We have condensed our forms that we give to clients and have visually appeal infographics that show the work we have been doing.
What do you dislike?
In all honesty, if they had an even cheaper non-profit discount, that would make quite a difference. It is hard to budget and find any money for things like this. However, the non-profit discount did help with justifying the purchase.
There are some functional issues that are more of an inconvenience than anything else:
1. Under some text fields you cannot adjust single words (font, italics, bold) without adjusting the entire text field.
2. I do not like that you cannot combine multiple templates into one document. So I had to create 4 separate templates that I uploaded in to PDFs and condensed into 1 PDF. Not a game breaker but slightly annoying.
3. I had some difficulty with ensuring the templates fit on a portrait sized paper
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I explained some of this above in what I like best but we use it for 2 primary reasons:
1. Display to funders and other individuals what outcomes and outputs we have each month. The template we use came from venngage and through some editing came out with our final product.
2. Display information to clients in a simple, clear, and visually appealing way. The use of icons and visuals makes it even easier to describe services for those who may not speak English well or those that have learning disabilities.