Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Monitor and manage your mobile workforce with ease

Work for Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

Learning about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management Reviews

Ask Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management a Question
Showing 217 Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management reviews
Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Chris E.
Chris E.

"Top GPS for Business"

What do you like best?

The versatility of the system is remarkable.

It helps me and my managers run a more efficient business.

I can inform customers what time my techs will be there.

Keeps my techs honest.

Lowers my overall cost for fuel.

No more joyriding.

The application you have made for iPhones helps my superintendents.

They can inform the job site project managers where they are at.

One of the main things I like about this system is it keep track of how many hours my technicians are on their jobsite.

I need this for for insurance purposes and to collect money for jobs.

One of my favorite things is just watching the maps and looking at all of my trucks drive around the city, repair all windows in hope, windshields in vehicles and windows in commercial buildings.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it

Getting to job sites on time.

Real answers to customers about when our techs will arrive to their destination.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management
Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Miguel A.
Miguel A.

"Very Good Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is bar none. Every time i call with a problem they are courteous and do there best to solve my problem in a timely matter. Always receive new units in a timely matter and is very easy to order more. The installation is a breeze, provided that you know what you are doing or have previous experience.

What do you dislike?

I have been sent the wrong parts from time to time. Although the installation of the units are easy, the activation can be a bit of a pain if you have multiple installs in various locations because you have to call in every single one in order to run an ignition cycle. There is an app that streamlines the activation, however it is only available to certified Techs and not self installers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not do a self install unless you have experience installing such products in vehicles. Schedule a time to have all your vehicles in one place and have there Techs come do the installs.

Keeping our employees honest. Tracking our equipment has been a major asset. We have also had vehicles and equipment stolen in the past, and although we haven't had anything stolen since implementing the system i am confident it will prove useful in asset recovery should anything like that happen in the future.

What Fleet Management solution do you use?

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jorge A.
Jorge A.

"Reliable"

What do you like best?

The tracking software is easy to use, and has the capability to track fuel usage on vehicles. It also tracks maintenance issues and stops, I also like that when the vehicle is in tow, it changes the icon to show a tow truck instead of the vehicle moving. The reports are quick and easy to generate and alert policies are easy to create.

What do you dislike?

Integration with dispatch software can be glitchy at times and doesn't always have work orders in the correct locations. The integration with the fleet credit cards for fuel are glitchy. Not all vehicles auto refresh with fuel purchases. Contracts for vehicles are not listed by vin number and require an act of congress to find out which vehicles are assigned to which contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works for what you need it to do.

We know where our trucks are, we are able to track arrival and departure times, and time on site. We are also able to see when and where our vehicles stop to refuel and how much fuel they purchased. Integration with our dispatching software allows our work orders to be placed on the map to show the location of each job or dispatch or work order so we can more easily direct or assign a technician to it based on their location and distance away from the work order. It also allow us to add places to the map to show where the supply houses are so we can easily direct our technicians where to go if they are in need of a part not on their vehicle.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by RANDALL W.
RANDALL W.

"Verizon Fleetmatics Review"

What do you like best?

The GPS tracking on the units works great. The reporting is sufficient.

What do you dislike?

The Electronic Logging Device and reporting does not work well. We cannot get it to work on about 25% of our fleet and Verizon keeps blaming it on "firmware" and that they cannot get their developers to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are currently looking at replacing this product with a more reliable product that can service our needs with better support. Pricing was not an issue. Product does not perform as sold and support gives you the run around.

The business problems have weighed heavily on the ELD side of their product. The hardware needs replacing often and the so-called "firmware" always needs updating. This equals = it does not work. The benefits have come from the ability to track location of units and speeds and provide daily reporting for both.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Abby R.
Abby R.

"Good trackig app"

What do you like best?

That it is available for different platforms like Computer and phones

offers a wide variety reports such as

show if they are doing a traffic valuations such as speeding severity, speeding violations, harsh driving.

That you can do a replay to the route they took with the stops and idle time.

What do you dislike?

Slow at receiving location, there is a time gap from where they are and what is displaying.

That is no sound to alert us when they stop, start, and driving valuations, etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add sound to alert when vachile is starting up, shotting down, and driving valations.

Keep up with our tech and installers to make sure that are going to the jobs the fastest route and not stopping at places other then job related. In addition to keeping me informed on their driving habits like speeding, braking hard, and others.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Eric  C.
Eric C.

"Great Service and Good Reporting"

What do you like best?

Verizon Connect is a great service and is a necessity for my company. Customer Service is great and always able to help. I just used Verizon Connect to help find a van that was stolen and the tracking helped recover product of ours saving thousands of dollars.

What do you dislike?

Reporting only goes back 120 days so I download it every month to have all data incase I need it later. I dump it into a spreadsheet and use pivot tables to have one massive report. It comes in handy when you need to research something more than four months back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the ultimate insurance on your fleet and the driving behavior of your drivers

Keeps an eye on your drivers for later reference. Helps if a vehicle gets stolen.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by John D.
John D.

"Fleet Tracking"

What do you like best?

The easy of use of the product and software is a huge plus. I am able to track my fleet from any computer tablet or mobile phone device with easy. You can even set up email alerts to allow you to better track your fleet.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this service for two years and have never had any issues or complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your work easier and more accurate.

The ability to track my fleet has greatly reduced my overhead. It allows me to see exactly where they are and how long they have been at any given location. The ability to set up Geofences for my clients and be alerted when they enter and leave those fences lets me easily increase the accuracy of my billing.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by JEFFREY  P.
JEFFREY P.

"Couldn't do business without it and I dont want to!"

What do you like best?

I am able to track my trucks where ever they are. To give direction and to keep my guys on track. The routing feature is great as well. It saves us time and money.

What do you dislike?

I'm nitpicking, but it would be great it the maps could update a little quicker. It would be great if the interface was a little easier to use for first time users as well. There is a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering going with this system, stop and do it. You wont regret it. Our business wouldnt know what to do with out it.

We have kept our routing more efficient as a direct result of this system. As a side benefit it helps with keeping track of maintenance on our fleet.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Pete G.
Pete G.

"Dependable, reliable but a little laggy and bulky"

What do you like best?

Accurate data, organized in a logical manner for use.

What do you dislike?

Too many mouse clicks to get what you need. Need to have more info available when right clicking a vehicle for history. More options on the screen you are on instead of clicking all over to change dates, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VerizonConnect is more reliable and stable however would like to see real time gps updates, not every 90 seconds or so. We have this with another product that tracks trailers. Screens are laid out well however you have to move from one screen to another to often. More options should be housed on the screen you are on to save mouse clicks.

Excellent gps data, accurate, reliable once you learn the rhythm of where to go.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jeremy F.
Jeremy F.

"Excellent fleet tracking solution"

What do you like best?

Verizon Connect lets us greatly simply our fleet management. It's ability to track driving patterns has allowed us to give incentive for safe driving to our technicians. It can track idles, what time vechicles were started. It also greatly helps with creating routes to our customers more efficiently. We also got gas cards which integrate with the software and provide reporting.

What do you dislike?

There is not much we dislike about the software. There were a few times it was out of service but it was only like 2 times over the years and was quickly restored.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not wait if you need fleet management. The product does everything flawlessly.

More efficiently tracking routes to customers and eliminating manual tracking of gas purchases.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jamil S.
Jamil S.

"Features are robust!"

What do you like best?

Verizon connect just works! I use the software as a model for many features that other software (outside the GPS arena) are missing. I use the replay with the street view all the time to check alerts, but the most powerful features are the reports.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how long it takes to pull larger data sets into reports like fuel economy for 25 vehicles over a 6 month period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very robust software platform.

It really helps us keep track of our assets and prevent misuse and abuse. it has helped us find employees that are potential liabilities and not doing their job so that we can correct the issues, or separate from the employee.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Travis Q.
Travis Q.

"Extremely comprehensive service - very intuitive interfaces"

What do you like best?

The interface has improved drastically over the past year. Now with minimal training, you can pretty much utilize the entirety of the system - from tracking historical routes to geo-fences.

What do you dislike?

The service isn't the cheapest. For companies that have seasonal needs, pay attention to your contract and how you set it up. You may not be able to deactivate some vehicles for a period of time and be stuck paying for them while they sit idle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your contract stipulations if you have a "seasonal" fleet.

Awareness is huge. People tend to act a little more accountable when they know their activities are being monitored. You end up saving on fuel, traffic violations, etc.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jacob H.
Jacob H.

"Easy to keep track of all of our workers, and get daily reviews."

What do you like best?

We can find our workers on the spot at any time. The mobile app is also key to be able to use it anywhere! We also like that we know how long it took the employees to get to the next jobsite. If we had only quoted 2 hours to get there and with loading and everything it took four hours, we now know that we need to quote higher next time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the gps hardware will not work, but Verizon Connect will send you a replacement right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would 100% recommend this product strictly for its mobile app. It is awesome being able to be anywhere and using the mobile app to find your employees. I would also recommend that your scheduler and head front desk phone call receiver have this software as well. It always helps to know exactly where your employees are at all times, to catch them in the occasional lazy scheme, and also know where they are for emergency calls.

Better tracking of the service trucks, so we are better prepared for an emergency if ever needed, or an emergency service call in the same area. It also helps catch the slack off employees.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Susie S.
Susie S.

"Very good program and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to see where my drivers are and how long they have been at their destination. Also I love the reports that I am able to use.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to have the option is my driver is able to running a local route to put that in the daily logs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, Helps keep track where your drivers are 24-7. Have very good reports to help you with other reports that you need to put together. Gives you proof how long a driver is at a job site or a place that you do not want them to be at. Will tell you how long your trucks are idling or stopped. You can type in an address and it will show you what the place looks like in the satellite option. You can run a report and help you with your drivers hours. Keeps track of Oil changes and inspections. Daily logs can be downloaded and printed for your records. You can set up Geo Fences for places you need to deliver to or a place that you do not want your drivers to go to. Distance Travel Report gives you the miles that you traveled in each state. Detailed report is good to show when your driver left and entered in a geo fence that you set up. Also helps you see how long that he was idling.

Mileage report gives you the exact number of miles in each state. I do not have to rely on my drivers for this

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by John K.
John K.

"Great ELD and GPS tracking solution"

What do you like best?

As the fleet manager, I have excellent access to any data I need, up to the moment tracking of all of our vehicles and drivers, and quick, courteous and helpful customer support whenever I need it. My drivers find the ELD system far easier to use than others they have used elsewhere. The few issues we've had with 50+ vehicles on the system have been quickly resolved at no additional cost to the company. Great platform overall.

What do you dislike?

As common with most bluetooth-related technology, there is occasional times that our tablets will not connect to the trucks as quickly as normal before they start driving for the day. All the drivers have to do is just reset their tablet and turn the truck off and on again, and it will connect right away. I think that a recent update to the ELD app may have corrected this, though, as I haven't had any drivers mention this in the past couple months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a reliable tablet (we use Samsung) and a solid case for your drivers. make sure to do the updates to the tablet and the app as they appear to keep the system working smoothly.

We need to be able to see our vehicles and drivers in real-time to give current info to our customers, so this is a great help. The route replays are a great way to make sure our drivers use the most efficient routes. We can use the geofencing to identify frequent customers on the maps and show them to newer drivers to help them navigate their deliveries more efficiently.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Randy A.
Randy A.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

Our experience with Verizon Connect has been positive. They have great customer service all the way to the tech crews contracted out to do the installations. We've had to contact them more often recently and the way the company has handled our issues is wonderful. The amount of information available to us with their equipment is amazing and oh so useful! We had no idea that the units would transfer so much information not only about location but it shows you where you're wasting fuel.

What do you dislike?

The only thing not so great is that we are located in an area that does not get great reception. And therefore, we have had quite a bit of issues. I don't believe it's so much a software issue as is our coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are great!

It's wonderful knowing exactly where our trucks are located. Also, The technology will figure statistical reports, it will keep up with truck mileage and is very beneficial to saving money. Also, in the event of an accident, we can go back and pinpoint our units at an exact time and place. This was very useful, as one of our trucks was accused of hitting a light pole at a mill that we do haul to, however we are not the sole suppliers. And with the help of Verizon Connect we were able to prove that our driver had long been gone when the accident actually occurred.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Joanne N.
Joanne N.

"Verizon Connect"

What do you like best?

The use of the program is easy and most programs have been easy to read. .

What do you dislike?

That although I have a case number it takes too long to get anything done. A department for everything and then we as the consumer/customer can't even talk to people we need in different departments. More programs or to just pick and choose what we want in particular programs. Sometimes what we get is just too canned and we can't manipulate information to the end we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time. Compare your invoices you can get lost in them. Watch your SO number if you are on 12 month plan they do renew with new numbers. You can only remove units when SO's renew. SO's are Service Orders/Contract/Agreement.

We keep our customer geofences in Verizon Connect and it assists our sales department with who they need to contact for different contracts. We also have icons for the particular contracts. It works well.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Lack of ROI"

What do you like best?

The alerting capabilities to notify us of different activities such as harsh driving, idling, inactivity, unauthorized use and geofences.

What do you dislike?

We have been unable to benchmark our data in the entire length of our contract so far. The first year, our hard braking data that we had saved was all invalid. The second year, the speeding data was all invalid. Currently, we haven't been able to integrate with systems such as Click even though the capability was promised through the RFP. Our devices need to be serviced regularly and often times, more than once.

Fleet and driver safety. We can reference driving data to incidents and set policies regarding specific events.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Many great Features but missing some reporting. "

What do you like best?

Live and replay views of entire fleet. Good Reporting tools but could use some more. Easy Admin setup. Geofencing works well.

What do you dislike?

No clear path to ask developers for enhanced reporting tools. Possibly this survey will give users a forum to ask for developer enhancements? WE need to send IFTA & HUT milage to our Leasing company and it has to be manipulated to get them what they need. I am sure we are not alone in this for CDL trucks. If they had a report specific to this, that would be very helpful.

Driver off route information is easily accessible. Stop Info used to analyze profitability of customer. (ie. If certain customer stops take much longer than the norm on a usual basis we can use this in our go-forward pricing model for that particular customer. WE can also setup quick backhauls with up to the minute truck location information which creates efficiencies.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by User

"Great Tracking System"

What do you like best?

It has the ability for us to give each driver a FOB so when they are driving a vehicle they have to swipe in the vehicle so we know at all times which driver is driving which vehicle. It also helps us track backwards and find out which driver is responsible if vehicles receive tickets or there is damage to a vehicle.

What do you dislike?

It is more costly than other comparable tracking systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has great features. It is definitely the cadillac of fleet tracking but you also are paying more for it.

We are able to see when trucks are idling for no reason, when driver's are not taking direct routes, and how long they are stopping for lunch, and address any issues to save us money. We also are able to give customers approximate delivery times by checking where vehicles currently are as well as see if drivers are driving poorly (ie: speeding, etc).

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Robert M.
Robert M.

"excellent tool to control logistics"

What do you like best?

Fleet tracking has allowed me to plan and control all logistics in my company. It has made my drivers more accountable and better able to service my customers.

What do you dislike?

i wish I had more time to fully immerse myself in the program instead of just utilizing the basic functions. I hope someday I will have the time to do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool will ensure your everyday logistics are enhanced and much better and safely controlled

Diverting routes due to traffic conditions which are a constant problem in the South Florida area. Ability to see the driving habits of employees and addressing them both to reward or to deal with possible problems.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jillian H.
Jillian H.

"Comprehensive Tracking Software"

What do you like best?

Verizon Fleet Tracking has been a great asset to our business. We really like the geofencing, as well as the speed and time tracking, and we utilize all of these features in our day to day operations.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I do not fully understand and am unable to utilize, like I have set up my "start time" in the settings panel, but cannot get the report for lateness and start times to populate effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to other business owners in our industry. We have been using it for over 3 years to date and haven't had any issues with the program.

We have solved the problem of not known where our technicians were at all times and accurately tracking the amount on time they have spent on jobs.

"Helps improve efficiency."

What do you like best?

Web based app and phone apps for both Android and iOS. The web site and phone apps are very easy to use and show every vehicle in your fleet on a realtime map. You can get reports on position histories and other useful metrics to make sure your workforce is spending their time in the field as optimally as possible.

What do you dislike?

I wish the updates on the positions were done more frequently.

We were having issues with employees who do field visits not using their time efficiently, causing them to run into overtime on a consistent basis. Verizon Connect makes sure that that our field employees are driving safely, taking the most optimal route to their destination, and not making any unscheduled stops or detours when they are out in the field.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.

"Fleetmatics is a great way to manage your fleet."

What do you like best?

I like that fact that you can set up custom alerts in order to assure your drivers are staying safe. It's best to know when a undesired actions occur at the time - not just when a tragedy happens.

What do you dislike?

I wish the integration with our software was able to aid our service dispatcher in scheduling. Perhaps by looking at trucks scheduled routes and determining who/when a call should be placed (perhaps even suggesting modifications to the schedule to make routes more logistically sound.)

I like the alerts so that we know when a driver has a history of speeding, etc. I'd rather find out about it early and manage it rather than find out when we get a ticket in the mail or the driver gets into an accident.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by JESSE S.
JESSE S.

"good tracking system when drivers have problems locating an address we can help locate."

What do you like best?

log book keep's driver's honest and keeping track of there hours, and the alerts that i set up for for the harsh,speeding, and idle time are great in keeping driver's on the go. the log helps my payroll out weekly.

What do you dislike?

The scheduled reports we had it set up for the last 2 years for driver's log report's and we are in the middle of an audit and it failed it only logged 5 driver's at a time sometime's 3 i had to back 1 year and down load 1 driver at a time monthly we have 60 driver's and it took time, when we received the report's it says exceeds the limit .

Recommendations to others considering the product

good to work with ease of use

the log benifits it's compliant with dot regulations

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Diana P.
Diana P.

"Having our tech's on a GPS system is a create tool to keep our clients and office staff up to date"

What do you like best?

Shows detailed daily travel reports, allows us to add other locations to see distances and travel times, allows us to tell clients how close or far the tech us before they arrive

What do you dislike?

doesn't update location status of vehicles as often

service tech late arrivals- allows us to communicate with the client so there is no disappointment when they are waiting. allows us to call clients to give 1/2 hr notice before arrival, allows us to get help for techs if needed by seeing which other fleet is in the area

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by David W.
David W.

"Verizon Connect is an excellent fleet tracking system"

What do you like best?

It's very user-friendly, from setting up Geofences to running reports. The real-time tracking is very accurate.

What do you dislike?

We would prefer the cost to be lower per vehicle.

We are able to track where our trucks are at any given moment, but most importantly we are able to track the time on each job. We have also been able to reduce time spent idling, such as during a lunch break while the crew eats in the truck with the a/c running, and also deviations from the scheduled route.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator

"Customer service that is viewable"

What do you like best?

Within our state based business I can get at a glance where all of my vehicles are. This can aid in letting a customer know when they can expect their delivery. It also helps to make connections between vehicles for enroute transfers.

What do you dislike?

The alerts at times can be a little too sensitive. Many times the notification of harsh driving is too exaggerated. Not being able to clear them from a mobile device is an annoyance for me personally. I hate have red dots on my phone screen that I can't clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tracking system that I can count on.

As stated earlier, the ability to track shipments and alert customers of time of delivery. The ability to communicate to the driver directly is a plus.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Mikiel C.
Mikiel C.

"Friendly Staff & Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Easy system to use and very friendly customer service. They are also very knowledgeable. Always quick to answer questions or solve problems. They always either call or email to check and make sure that my question or problem was solved.

What do you dislike?

Units freeze up sometimes, but is easily fixed with a phone call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to use and doesn't take much training

Tracking fleet and finding delivery locations that we have already been to. This makes it easy to send new drivers to a location.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Bob C.
Bob C.

"Great coverage"

What do you like best?

I like the live map and the way you can run reports. I don’t use that a lot but it offers insights into your fleet quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like waiting for someone from Verizon to cal someone in Edmonton to book things and have to wait a couple weeks while they get here to fix any issues. There haven’t been many but still a little frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Making the program more easily interfaces with customer service and being able to ask for directions from someone while in the system would be great.

Speed is the biggest issue and some driving habits like hard cornering or hard stops have helped change culture when the operators know you can see what they are doing.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Courtney V.
Courtney V.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Speed tracking and notifications & geofence reporting

What do you dislike?

The daily reports are confusing at first glance. The departure time, arrival time and traveled time could be a little clearer to read at a glance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would also recommend the work order management system that integrates with the fleet tracking.

Able to keep track of service technicians to be sure they are doing all the jobs needed. Keeping track of breaks and unreported stops. Keeping track of speed to ensure safety.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Anika B.
Anika B.

"Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

We've been with Verizon connect fleet tracking since 2012, and each year gets better and easier to track our fleet. The customer service is great, we've never had an issue, if we have questions they're response time is fast and they always answer any questions we have quickly and are always happy to help.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking!

There aren't any problems that we are currently solving with Verizon Connect fleet, but we are managing our job schedules by knowing how long our employees are spending at a specific location; whether that's at a supply house, job site or just driving. We also get a discount on our Commercial Auto insurance.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Brian T.
Brian T.

"Easy to use GPS tracking "

What do you like best?

* Easy to read and navigate interface

* Real time vehicle status tracking

* Option to review previous days routes

* Driving habit reports

* Speeding alerts sent to my phone

What do you dislike?

* Is not able to report service issues with vehicles, for example, tell me if there is a check engine light on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well put together

* Having the ability to know where my workers are at all times and what their driving habits are saves us money.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by JORGE F.
JORGE F.

"very productive"

What do you like best?

one of the features i like best is the live map . the fact that on one screen you can view the entire fleet .

What do you dislike?

have not found a lot to dislike about the system . now on scheduling to have a tracker removed or installed there needs to be better communication on the other 2 parties involved .

we are solving tech time management . we are able to respond to the customer in a more timely manor .

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Reliable Vehicle Tracking"

What do you like best?

The dashboard! It is very user friendly! It takes care of my desire to know where my fleet is at the same time it tracks when my fleet trucks need service.

What do you dislike?

The price! I am new to Connect so I see the value but the price is still high. Spending over $6,000 per year to track vehicles and maintenance is steep.

My office has struggled since our fleet grew a few years ago so maintain good service records and to make sure service was being performed. This program sends me a reminder to schedule which is much easier then trying to track someone down to determine if it is time to change their oil.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Rose K.
Rose K.

"Happy Tracker"

What do you like best?

I find the system to be very user friendly, which is extremely helpful when training a new user. Customer service is fantastic. Any issues that arise (which has been few in the years our company implemented the system) are addressed and resolved usually within 24 hours of the issue being reported. Adding information and or vehicles or new tracking units is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints whatsoever with the system.

GPS tracking of vehicles. Being able to set perimeters such as: time of use, speeding, engine idling, aggressive driving, geofences so we are alerted in the event a truck enters a "no go zone". It has also been extremely beneficial with payroll.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Dillon B.
Dillon B.

"Fleet Tracking Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love verizon's fleet tracking service. With a click I can bring up my entire fleet of 35ish vehicles and track the days progress. The robust reporting on mileage, fuel etc are also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the mileage reporting was opened up for a full previous 12 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously consider using the program, it can definitely improve your efficiency.

We've definitely increased efficiency. Tracking our drivers live keeps our finger on the pulse of the day.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"It's improving."

What do you like best?

We use Verizon Connect to track multiple fleets in many states at once. The mileage reporting is excellent and saves time when submitting required reports to DOT, FMCSA, IFTA, etc. The mobile app is impressive and the push alerts and notifications are very handy, compared to the alternative of receiving a million e-mails. The user organization is practical in that there can be various levels of access, or no access at all but we can still include individuals (such as project managers) in specific scheduled reports.

What do you dislike?

When needing support or service, that center seems to be a complete mess. Fleet Management is a very small aspect of my job. As Accounting & HR I have many things happening at once and I do not appreciate babysitting these trucks or the Verizon Service Center Employees. We pay Verizon to take care of these things, but obtaining service is often difficult or even fruitless. Simply searching "Reveal Support" in my inbox reignites frustrations as I scroll through some of the past service issues. Another issue I have with the Service Team, in general, is their constant default response to call me- to the point where I have to specifically instruct the associate NOT to call me. Maybe 30 trucks is not considered a large fleet to everyone, but we keep records for each vehicle. It is necessary to receive these communications via e-mail for many ongoing service and record-keeping purposes. There are little to no self-service options when it comes to the vehicles during issues. Misreporting GPS is a common issue with our trucks. Anytime I make a service request, they always start by resetting the unit. Why not give the Admin that capability to save us both some time? Our trucks are usually away and I cannot confirm anything when you call me to follow-up- I'm usually waiting on the driver to get back to me to get back to you. Let's cut that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been with Verizon Connect since it was FleetMatics. It is definitely improving. Services are decent, but many aspects remain inefficient.

Timesheet accuracy, fuel efficiency, safe driving habits, mileage tracking

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Verizon Connect Work Review for Fleet Tracking"

What do you like best?

I feel the tracking in real time is extremely valuable and the accuracy of the mapping is great. The reports that can be generated also help us keep track of vital information. I also love the ability to go back in time and view any vehicles location and find out where a vehicle might have been.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much I dislike about the product and the software. We did have one small glitch a few weeks ago when our dispatcher could not log in but it was solved very quickly and we were back up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend looking at the long term reliability of this product and the testimonials from other companies that use this product before deciding on a comprehensive fleet monitoring program.

We have the ability to service our tenants much faster when we can identify which tech is closest to the latest work order and therefore save time, fuel and gain efficiency which is a huge benefit to the company.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Positive on Fleetmatics"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to set up and use. It makes tracking and dispatching a fleet easy. The geofence option makes it easy to identify problem areas and track when we have multiple trucks on a job. It is also easy to track service for the fleet using the service option. The driver performance tools make it easy to run a safety program, and the 24/7/365 history provides good back up when customers question time on the job.

What do you dislike?

The optimized routing for dispatching to multiple sites only works with a separate Garmen device. since most trucks have GPS, or most drivers have tablets or smart phones, this is a waste of money and the tool goes unused. Need this tool to work with mapping on other devices.

- optimized dispatching

- avoid misuse of company resources (drivers using for personal use, or to do other jobs)

- proof of time on job

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator

"Reliable service for a premium penny"

What do you like best?

The service works well, however it is not inexpensive. In today's market there are many many options available for fleet tracking and they mostly all provide the same service. If you own your equipment, then all you're really needing is the ability to see where it all is and be able to run reports for each driver in your fleet. The reporting features are handy with Verizon Connect, but again, you're payment a premium penny for it, and most features, most companies probably do not even utilize. It is a reliable service, but not one I will rule out from competing vendors at our contract renewal.

What do you dislike?

The cost, and unreliability of having modules swapped or changed. The third party installers are not always the most reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to spend the money on this program, be sure to really utilize all it can do for your company. Use the fleet tracking, speed tracking, maintenance tracking, driver information, etc.

The reporting features are helpful in payroll processing as well as invoicing clients.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator

"We always know where are trucks are and when they will be back at the shop."

What do you like best?

I love that we are able to see in real time where our trucks are. I can give my customers a much better timeline on when our crew will be there to begin there set up or take down of their structure. I also like that when our crew is out of state, I can see when they have been called back to site for an emergency repair or how late they needed to remain on site for project completion.

What do you dislike?

We are in a low service area so at times, if a truck is parked in a certain location, it will show as idling when I know the truck is parked and in the yard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it - you will love it

We had problems knowing where our trucks were and there were some traffic violations that have been resolved and everyone is now comfortable with the tracking.

We are better able to manage our fleet and customer expectations of arrival times.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Jeremy L.
Jeremy L.

"Great Customer Experience with the Fleet Tracking Product "

What do you like best?

The personal customer service is the best part of being a part of this program.

What do you dislike?

The dislikes are short. When the change over from Fleetmatics to Verizon occurred there was a bit of confusion. That was cleared up and smooth sailing ever since.

Time Management: we have over 40 trucks on the road

Customer Experience: We are able to let customers know exactly where the tech is

Gas Savings

Safe Driving with the Alerts

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by David D.
David D.

"Very poor service"

What do you like best?

Nothing good to talk about here. If I could tell who is in the vehicle then I can run payroll reports and tracking reports against these reports. The sad fact is that we cannot do this because the product will not always report who is driving the vehicle. The support team was utterly useless.

What do you dislike?

Everything. The reporting is inconsistent many times I can see a vehicle but not who is driving it. We have spent hours troubleshooting this with Verizon to no avail. We will be cancelling service as soon as possible

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!

Nothing works as intended. Our reports are missing critical data and are not usable.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great Tracking, Poor Compliance"

What do you like best?

The Fleet Tracking portion of the Verizon Connect/Fleetmatics suit was amazing Detailed and precise locations were provided whether the vehicle was parked with a customer or driving down the highway. Administrator portal was easy to navigate and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The Hours of Service (HOS) portion of the suit left much to be desired, especially after the ELD upgrade. Drive time would automatically assign to incorrect drivers (sometimes drivers that have not driven that particular truck) or often times drivers that were not even on-shift at the time the driving was assigned. This created incorrect logs which we were unable to rectify even through calls with the software provider. Overall, 0/10 for compliance/HOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for solely Fleet Management/Tracking, Verizon Connect is a powerful product. However, if you intend to utilize their compliance/HOS software, I would tread carefully. Until significant upgrades/advancements are created, confidence in the product lacks from my experience.

The largest benefit of Verizon Connect was the Fleet Tracking. This modernized our dispatching and protocols, while simultaneously stimulating driver efficiency allowing growth over all sectors without the need for additional assets.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"So Many Issues..."

What do you like best?

The interface for both the drivers and the admin are done well.

What do you dislike?

Logbook tablets disconnect from the trucks. In-truck GPS units not reliable and often show a truck driving when it is actually sitting out of service in our yard. So many "Unidentified Miles", that we often have multiple pages of log violations. No true resolution to these issues and others after repeated contact with Verizon and numerous trouble tickets placed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend a different system than this. A system with a "permanent", in-cab controller would be best for most driver situations.

None. We are not compliant with DOT regulations due to the fact that the system is so flawed.

"Satisfied customer "

What do you like best?

Our fleet is spread out across Texas and New Mexico and it gives me access to locations and issues that might arise. I have quick access to the fleet and view it several times daily. If I see issues I contact the drivers and discuss the situation. I also show appreciation and give praise to drivers for excellence. During monthly safety meetings or annual safety meetings we discuss the fleet and management of the fleet.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to get installers for the de-install or re-install. We are 80 miles from the nearest installer. The installers I've contacted are very prompt and do a great job on the installs. Sometimes we have to order a new device and it takes several days to get the product shipped to our location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would tell others that if they wanted to take care of the fleet and hold the drivers accountable then Verizon Connect is the tool for them .

All of our drivers are very aware of the Fleet tracking system and take better care of the vehicles. We average four thousand miles a month on each vehicle and we have noticed we are getting more miles out of a vehicle before we trade.

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by Administrator

"Easy to Track Equipment"

What do you like best?

Being able to track where our vehicles are and how long they've been at a particular place

What do you dislike?

The speeding report is not always accurate, i have to go in and review the replay and back pedal to ensure that my drivers truly were speeding in several places before i can counsel them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For strictly asset management, knowing where vehicles and equipment are, fantastic. Speed reports not always accurate, no real definition as to what makes something a harsh driving event so you are kinda stuck when trying to explain to a person, "just dont hit the brakes so hard, don't hit the gas so hard" It doesnt seem to account for pulling a trailer in the harsh events

Keeping our drivers honest with their driving styles. We have seen a tremendous increase in driver safety since we started monitoring the driving styles and speeding.

"GPS Fleet Tracking"

What do you like best?

Ability to track all of our vehicles and mobile construction equipment. Reporting is straight forward. Ability to set up geo fences and the system tells you locations that are not set up as geo fences that you vehicles have been going to.

What do you dislike?

We are using the hard wired tracking units and a third party has to come in to install or de-install each time at our cost. Typically this is not done in a very timely manner and becomes expensive.

Use of company vehicles outside of business hours no longer a problem with gps visibility.

Use it to review any potential discrepancies on hourly worker time sheets

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management review by shane W.
shane W.

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

It helps in a wide variety of my business. I can redispatch on emergencies, more accurately cost jobs, and more

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike anything about this product

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have ever considered it, do it!

More accurate costing and pricing on jobs. Able to see where time wasters are. When clients call I can tell them where they are at, or how long they were at the job.

Learn more about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management

Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management Videos

Learning about Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management?

* We monitor all Verizon Connect Fleet Tracking & Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.