Versant

Versant Object Oriented Database can be customized for your application architecture and production environment based on the particular requirements.

Work for Versant?

Learning about Versant?

Versant Reviews

Showing 2 Versant reviews
Versant review by Lorenzo O.
Lorenzo O.

"Supported Journey"

What do you like best?

The guidance provided within Versant allowed for a seamless transition from student nurse to registered nurse. It allowed me to gain confidence as the orienting went on week by week, until I felt comfortable practicing on my own. Even before the end of the program I felt that I had been given the proper tools to start my career as a functional and competent RN.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to bounce back and forth between classroom hours and clinical hours. I felt like the time in class could have been utilized much better with additional case studies instead of lectures that were somewhat of a repeat of nursing school. A little more emphasis on clinical learning environments and unit policies could have been beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best way to ease into the nursing profession as a new grad or someone new to the acute care setting.

The business problem that Versant solves is the transition from formalized education into the workplace. New nurses lack confidence, knowledge base, and actual clinical experience in repeated situations. Those situations build a knowledge base that is necessary to provide adequate patient care. New nurses often times struggle to meet the needs of their patient because of the high demands of the job and their lack of experience. The Versant Program helps to facilitate this experience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Versant
Versant review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"I use it for ESL testing for my students to assess their English proficiency"

What do you like best?

Scores are automatically given and the test is electronic. Relatively easy to implement. The questions are varied and come in multiple formats, which helps target a variety of linguistic features.

What do you dislike?

There is a huge lack of transparency in what algorithms are being used to calculate proficiency scores. I mean, I'm assuming pitch contours, LTAS, formant structures, etc. are being analyzed in some way but even so there is a ton of within-English talker variability even for native speakers. While I want to avoid "teaching to the test" as much as possible, it would be nice to know, from a language success stand point, what key features improve speech intelligibility (according to Versant)

We need a quick and efficient way to measure English proficiency in order to place students in 1) specific language programs and 2) know whether they are able to be a TA or not.

What Object-Oriented Databases solution do you use?

Learning about Versant?

* We monitor all Versant reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.