Vertex Cloud

Vertex Cloud

Vertex Cloud is a cloud-based sales and use tax automation solution that is designed to save time, effort, and risk associated with calculation, return, remittance, and compliance for businesses of all sizes.

Work for Vertex Cloud?

Learning about Vertex Cloud?

Compare Vertex Cloud to Similar Solutions

Vertex Cloud Reviews

Ask Vertex Cloud a Question
Showing 33 Vertex Cloud reviews
Vertex Cloud review by <span>Timothy R.</span>
Timothy R.

Great Software for a Set it and forget it Sales Tax Solution

What do you like best?

The best part is the time savings. Once this is set up you don't have to do a thing to remain compliant. Customer support is there to get you through setup. It took us a little more than one month getting all of the correct jurisdictions with the correct data that Vertex needed in order for them to file the returns. While this also falls on us to do, we found that every question we had along the way our on boarding specialist helped along the way.

What do you dislike?

The Fixed cost involved do not scale down much for smaller business vs large business. This sometimes makes other products out there look more appealing. Also when it comes to customer service there is no one person you get to email you have to Email a generic email address and wait for a response. There is also no phone number they list on the dashboard you can call for support you must wait for them to contact you

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a nexus study at an additional cost--its worth it. The amount of piece of mind that it gives you that you are compliant and future issues will not arise is the worth the amount paid!

Sales tax reporting and compliance. The largest benefit is the time savings. Since we set up this system over one year ago we have had to do very little to keep this system working. I would say the I spend about

average 15 Minutes per month where I used to spend much more time of Sales tax compliance.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vertex Cloud
Vertex Cloud review by <span>Betty D.</span>
Betty D.

Tax solution for Small and Medium businesses

What do you like best?

Vertex SMB solution is a light weight solution which is easily to implement. The API interfaces also were simpler and easy to map and go live into production. The Vertex SMB user interface is also easy to configure and number of steps are minimal to complete configuration which helps to roll changes faster.

The solution is designed such that business users can put in minimal needed information and go live with the product.

What do you dislike?

Vertex SMB does not have the ability to provide different versions for testing and for production.It would be great to have a testing instance available as a complementary version to support the production version which is licensed. The navigation experience between the different screens also can be improved so that it is a seamless experience. Reporting interface also can be made better so that the combined business user experience is better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to administer, use and deploy for small and medium businesses

Ability to expand fulfillment locations due to the flexibility to calculate tax based on the ship from location provided by the vertex implementation

Ability to automate sales and shipping tax calculation based on the states where business is registered and based on the ship to location

Ability to store customer tax exemption data in a centralized repository for audit purpose.

Ability to

What Corporate Tax solution do you use?

Vertex Cloud review by <span>Adam P.</span>
Adam P.

Great Product - I used SMB every month for my S&U Calculation Needs

What do you like best?

I find the interface to be incredibly user friendly and was very quick to implement. Well worth the cost.

What do you dislike?

More time is needed at the beginning of the month to provide data to the Vertex team. I get five days currently which is difficult to meet that threshold with financial close of a publicly traded company.

Huge time savings. I used to internally calculate tax and have to utilize an excel file of tax rates which would be very time consuming. Best part of SMB is the synergy I get from also utilizing Vertex Managed Returns Services so it's a quick data copy and paste into excel and save to load my tax data for returns processing.

Vertex Cloud review by User
Invitation from the software vendor

Overall, good, but not great.

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see the transaction detail at the jurisdiction level, some of the reporting features and the calculate tax/lookup tax rate features.

What do you dislike?

Because our company appears to be one of Vertex's test companies for integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 there have been several bumps in the road with the initial implementation as well as post implementation. The implementation was sold to us as easy and that was not the case. The tech support for implementation and post implementation has also not met expectation. The compatibility features with other software and vendors is less than desirable and the adjustment file process is quite cumbersome. Reconciling the returns to our general ledger detail has also not been as easy as we hoped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is not as easy as they claim so you need to stay on top the process and be prepared for constant follow up dialogue

Charging the correct tax rate, collecting the correct amount of sales tax, remitting the correct amount of sales tax to the correct authority and filing the correct return. Report generation at the jurisdiction level for financial reporting purposes. Streamlined tax exempt customer management.

Vertex Cloud review by User

Loving Vertex thus far

What do you like best?

I like that Vertex Support is always ready to help. Whenever we have any questions, we are able to send an email and they usually respond within a few hours. They are always very helpful and try their best to answer all the questions I have with a lot of details.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the system is a little slow when processing my adjustment files or processing customer tax exceptions. Normally, I just send this into the Vertex support and they will look into and get it fixed as soon as possible.

Vertex Cloud is submitting tax on our behalf. It helps us a lot as it does not require us to learn all the different state tax returns and file it on our own. Vertex takes care of it for us and it has greatly benefited us.

Vertex Cloud review by <span>Wendy C.</span>
Wendy C.

Great Customer Service

What do you like best?

I love the automated processing. I know that our transactions are flowing right through Vertex so the right sales tax is being charged. The comfort of knowing that our monthly sales tax filings for various states are all correct and processed on time. Moving forward with Vertex has provided a comfort and security as well as freeing up so much of my time.

What do you dislike?

Uploading adjustments is time consuming because the required file has so many fields and only a few need filled out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

We automated our Sales and Use tax filings eliminating the time consuming manual process.

Learn more about Vertex Cloud

Vertex Cloud Videos

Vertex Cloud Downloads

Learning about Vertex Cloud?

* We monitor all Vertex Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Vertex Cloud to Similar Solutions