VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse

40 ratings
326.810
Compare Request a Demo
VerticalResponse provides email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

VerticalResponse Reviews (32 reviews)

• I have the UI particularly easy to navigate with VR. We had had a series of campaigns that had 3-4 very similarly designed emails. The plethora of templates combined...Read More
    0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
    Joe G.
    Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
  • Salesforce integration, list segmentation, personalization, Google analytics integration, professional pre-made templates, better for non-profits and smaller businessesRead More
    0 cyhf1umbwcyfwuvjadvwuzbbhncqwyclmdzf9zvqd3wfauw3sdvbnyzqa8zqaswh3zndrjr6kfqbhzbdmflrrzvo3fq6hzdddflxrmffo6pegm9ltypekd39tty9tzspkutibwl abh
    Lisa L. W.
G2 Crowd User: Meredith C.
Validated Review

Great mass email/marketing tool when integrated with Salesforce

What do you like best?

VerticalResponse offers plenty of templates and ways to customize your own newsletter templates via a design module or with HTML. As a nonprofit, we have access to a limited number of emails that we can send each month for free, but the limit is so high that we are able to take advantage of VerticalResponse for free, even while sending out at least 2 communications a month to our entire contact base. VerticalResponse emails are tracked in our HTML Email Activities both within Contact's Salesforce related list and via custom reporting. We can track opens and clicks at every level and adjust our processes accordingly to improve our open and click rates. It is intuitive to use!

What do you dislike?

The process of refreshing lists is a little burdensome. You should be able to not just select lists but also queries. Since it doesn't, my workaround is to refresh the list first, then go back into my draft to schedule or send the email. A little clunky. Also, I wish they would allow more than one Salesforce user account to work with a VerticalResponse account. We would like to have more than one editor of a newsletter but we can't do that in the Salesforce instance. Beyond that, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The experience is better if you can use HTML to really customize your templates. While there are plenty to choose from, they aren't easy to customize, so better off making your own from scratch. VerticalResponse is great with Salesforce. I can't speak to the benefits of the tool as a stand alone product.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We needed the flexibility to send mass emails past the native limits in Salesforce. While there are plenty of mass email/newsletter products out there, we needed one that would use Salesforce as the contact database, and update the contacts if needed (e.g. email opt out). The app had to articulate in both directions with Salesforce. VerticalResponse was the best app available when I first investigated the exchange (i've used/promoted this app for the last 8 years across and with at least five different organizations). Even though there are even more options available now, I stick to VerticalResponse because it is still more intuitive than re-learning the others.

G2 Crowd User: James W.

There's a lot to like about Vertical Response

What do you like best?

Vertical Response makes it really easy to manage all of our email campaigns. The UI is very simple to use, and in every instance, their customer support has been very knowledgable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

We felt really limited by the campaign templates provided by VR, so we dedicated our resources and personnel to build our own HTML to import, but it would've been much better for us if there was more variety to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all things, you'll want to compare services, but really try out everything that VR has to offer if you're going to go in that direction. Having a level of comfort with the UI and what your day-to-day usage will look like will go will enable you to make the best decision for your company.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The best all-around benefit is the cost-efficiency for the number of campaigns we can send; for the purposes of our small business, the various methods of campaign tracking has really enabled us to expand the reach of our content marketing and illustrations of our services.

G2 Crowd User: Anonymous

Vertical Response Email is Terrible for Business

What do you like best?

Nothing - Wasted my Time only to have them take my 1400 private email client list and block my account with a Spring Beach email I sent with note to call me to Refinance their home loan - I am a Mortgage Broker. This is ptitful. Call to Customer Service stated they don;t allow various "words" in their emails.. MORTGAGE and REFINANCE are bad words to this Company apparently.

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What do you dislike?

Everything and the whole concept of their business

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

That there exists people like this online...still in 2015 that come up with these type of company's.

G2 Crowd User: Anonymous

Good email software

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is very user friendly. I like that you can create a canvas email and do not always need to use HTML. We were able to add a few canvas emails so people who did not know HTML were able to send emails.

It also allows you to great a ton of list. We have have about 75 list of people that we mail to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you schedule an email it does not always go out at that time. We had a fundraising email with the subject line 3 hour left. This email went out 2 hours after the scheduled time and we looked kind of dumb for having that subject line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the software available. There may be something better.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use VR to send emails to our donors about upcoming events and to ask for donations.

G2 Crowd User: Alicia H.

Simple Yet Robust Direct Mail Marketing Tool

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is my "go to" email marketing tool. When the team is still trying to figure out which tool to use for email marketing and/or complete marketing automation, I buy VR credits to use until they're done with the decision making process.

It is easy to use and has a great variety of templates & designs for those who have never sent an email blast before. Yet it is still great for those of us who've been doing direct marketing for years.

It forces you to check your work and to test the email before sending. This is great for those of us who are rushed yet still want everything to be perfect.

Things I love:

~ Their reporting tools

~ Their upload tools are smart (no more emailing to dupes or broken email addresses!)

~ Ability to send again later to non-responders

~ Ability to send at a specific date & time in the future

~ Ability to buy credits on the fly if you need more than you have

It even has a postcard feature in case your industry is still using...

What do you dislike?

When I was using it regularly in 2013, the Salesforce integration didn't allow team members to share historical data about email campaigns individual members were sending. Each person could only see their own email stats. Hopefully this has changed since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it even while you consider which tool to use. I don't always end up using VR when we're choosing a tool.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Integrated (mostly) with Salesforce. You can use VR inside of SFDC and share email credits with your team, but you can't share history of individual emails sent (as of mid-2013).

No "per user" fee.

No long term obligation. Having commitment issues? Not sure if VR is the right tool to use for email marketing? Thinking of other tools? Use only what you need until you decide. There is no recurring fee. You pay for a fixed number of email credits and are not charged again until you ask for more.

Don't have a designer and/or HTML guru? No problem. They have design templates and allow you to build the HTML using a graphic editor.

Learning about VerticalResponse?

We can help you find the product that fits you best.

Chat with an Advisor

Tags

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Need help? Talk to a human
Would you like to receive more information from VerticalResponse?