VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse provides email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

Work for VerticalResponse?

Learning about VerticalResponse?

VerticalResponse Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 91 VerticalResponse reviews
VerticalResponse review by User in Computer Software

"Great for non-profits, but a little clunky."

What do you like best?

I love the non-profit program Vertical Response offers. It allows me to send 10,000 emails for free, allowing to save more money for operating our non-profit. It is easy and reasonably inexpensive to add more 'sends' too, making it a great option for us.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit dated and can feel clunky at times. Most actions are logically organized, but they do not feel very accessible, and I don't necessarily 'feel good' when using their interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is technically great at what it aims to do, but is a bit less user-friendly than some of the alternatives. Great option for non-profit customers!

With the non-profit program, Vertical Response has allowed us the flexibility to build out our email campaign program. We can experiment sending a lot of emails that help us refine our trategy for targeting our donors and supporters.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VerticalResponse
VerticalResponse review by <span>Steffen H.</span>
Steffen H.

"Great Emailing Resource and Affordable"

What do you like best?

Upon researching for an email resource, I came across some vendors that required subscriptions that were not affordable for my operation, nor did I need the amount of emails that were in each subscription level. Others had the option to buy just the emails you would use, again it was unaffordable. I came across Vertical Response, and honestly the think that attracted me at first was the price. Upon using it, it was very easy to use and I was sending an email within no time.

What do you dislike?

One drawback is that many of my email campaigns were only seen by 30% (if that) of the people I emailed. I collected emails at trade shows and used those emails within the campaign. Some of the emails were wrong, but I gather the majority of the ones that were not opened were sent to spam. This is upsetting because I confirmed my information and that I gathered the emails from the email owner knowing they would be receiving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of emails apparently get sent to spam. If you rely on an email software to be more reliable, I don't know if vertical response will be the one you are looking for. But if you are looking for an email service that will be affordable and get your message out to a lot of folks, vertical response will be perfect

By emailing out the way I can with Vertical Response, I'm able to reach my audience much more quickly and efficiently. Since their pricing is affordable, I'm able to do so without breaking the bank. I love being able to keep in contact with my clients, but if I'm sending out a similar email out to hundreds of people, I'd prefer to not have to type the same email or copy/paste for each email address. Vertical Response allows me to keep in touch much better.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

VerticalResponse review by <span>Christina M.</span>
Christina M.

"Takes awhile to get used to, but out performs"

What do you like best?

I really think the platform is more user friendly than other email marketing companies. Other companies that offer other things like event management are the only companies that are truly more unique. Vertical Response has been my go to for the past 7 years unless you are looking for a free program. I think the emails integrate well, have a great html upload, it's easy to manipulate the code and wysiwg builders, and then you also have access to surveys.

What do you dislike?

It does get more pricey than some others. If you are looking for an email company, this is great if you know what you're doing. If you are looking for 'templates' then this might not be for you/

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates are a little 'not so great'. This is not a platform for beginners or companies 'just starting out' or perhaps don't have an idea of what types of emails they should be designing. This is great for the company that has a designer or marketing person who already has a grasp of what they want to design independently, codes html, etc.

I like the analytics and tracking, and I really like the ability to grow your lists. Vertical Response makes things 'very clear' for those signing up.

VerticalResponse review by <span>Imari A.</span>
Imari A.

"Straight forward for the novice, customizable enough for the pro"

What do you like best?

No hoops to jump through. Upload your lists in a simple CSV format, pick your subscription (send once and pay per email, or if you are high volume, get on an unlimited plan), and design your email. If you know no HTML, their templates are easy to play with and send. If you have a graphics person on board, the sky is the limit. Easy reporting to see how your emails perform.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would update their templates more often, add a certain amount of new ones monthly. Also keep an eye out for your emails getting chucked in spam. This has more to do with the industry and using HTML emails than with VR so that one is not really their fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find an easier program with the level of functionality it offers at a better price point.

Getting a national message out to the market in a consisten basis at an affordable price.

VerticalResponse review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Excellent and easy to use email marketing service - very good to nonprofits"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response offers very easy to use WYSISYG interface with a lot of decent templates, easy compliance with CANSPAM laws, and all for virtually free for 501c3 nonprofit organizations. If you send less than 10,000 emails a month to your lists, you will never have to pay for the service.

What do you dislike?

In the forms they offer to embed in your website, or even if you use the API and create your own form for your customers to opt into your lists, there apparently isn't any way to offer through one form the option of signing up for multiple mailing lists. This apparently requires multiple forms, which is cumbersome for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, by all means, especially if you are a nonprofit.

Vertical Response has allowed us to provide easy email newsletters communications with our supporters without having any repercussions on our domain from any issues associated with mass mailings.

VerticalResponse review by <span>Kalyn H.</span>
Kalyn H.

"Easy system with low spam rate"

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive with easy drag and drop systems. It is easy for anyone to learn and their customer service is great if you ever have an issue.

What do you dislike?

No major red flags with this software. It is updated quite a bit (which is good) but also requires that the main user be flexible and learning!

A low spam rate is huge when choosing a mass emailing system. VR has a comparatively low rate meaning that most emails get into the recipients main inbox instead of spam folder.

Learning about VerticalResponse?

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.