VerticalResponse

3.3

VerticalResponse provides email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

Work for VerticalResponse?

Learning about VerticalResponse?

VerticalResponse Reviews

Ask VerticalResponse a Question
Showing 96 VerticalResponse reviews
VerticalResponse review by User in Computer Software

"Great for non-profits, but a little clunky."

What do you like best?

I love the non-profit program Vertical Response offers. It allows me to send 10,000 emails for free, allowing to save more money for operating our non-profit. It is easy and reasonably inexpensive to add more 'sends' too, making it a great option for us.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit dated and can feel clunky at times. Most actions are logically organized, but they do not feel very accessible, and I don't necessarily 'feel good' when using their interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is technically great at what it aims to do, but is a bit less user-friendly than some of the alternatives. Great option for non-profit customers!

With the non-profit program, Vertical Response has allowed us the flexibility to build out our email campaign program. We can experiment sending a lot of emails that help us refine our trategy for targeting our donors and supporters.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VerticalResponse
VerticalResponse review by Steffen H.
Steffen H.

"Great Emailing Resource and Affordable"

What do you like best?

Upon researching for an email resource, I came across some vendors that required subscriptions that were not affordable for my operation, nor did I need the amount of emails that were in each subscription level. Others had the option to buy just the emails you would use, again it was unaffordable. I came across Vertical Response, and honestly the think that attracted me at first was the price. Upon using it, it was very easy to use and I was sending an email within no time.

What do you dislike?

One drawback is that many of my email campaigns were only seen by 30% (if that) of the people I emailed. I collected emails at trade shows and used those emails within the campaign. Some of the emails were wrong, but I gather the majority of the ones that were not opened were sent to spam. This is upsetting because I confirmed my information and that I gathered the emails from the email owner knowing they would be receiving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of emails apparently get sent to spam. If you rely on an email software to be more reliable, I don't know if vertical response will be the one you are looking for. But if you are looking for an email service that will be affordable and get your message out to a lot of folks, vertical response will be perfect

By emailing out the way I can with Vertical Response, I'm able to reach my audience much more quickly and efficiently. Since their pricing is affordable, I'm able to do so without breaking the bank. I love being able to keep in contact with my clients, but if I'm sending out a similar email out to hundreds of people, I'd prefer to not have to type the same email or copy/paste for each email address. Vertical Response allows me to keep in touch much better.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

VerticalResponse review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"Takes awhile to get used to, but out performs"

What do you like best?

I really think the platform is more user friendly than other email marketing companies. Other companies that offer other things like event management are the only companies that are truly more unique. Vertical Response has been my go to for the past 7 years unless you are looking for a free program. I think the emails integrate well, have a great html upload, it's easy to manipulate the code and wysiwg builders, and then you also have access to surveys.

What do you dislike?

It does get more pricey than some others. If you are looking for an email company, this is great if you know what you're doing. If you are looking for 'templates' then this might not be for you/

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates are a little 'not so great'. This is not a platform for beginners or companies 'just starting out' or perhaps don't have an idea of what types of emails they should be designing. This is great for the company that has a designer or marketing person who already has a grasp of what they want to design independently, codes html, etc.

I like the analytics and tracking, and I really like the ability to grow your lists. Vertical Response makes things 'very clear' for those signing up.

VerticalResponse review by Imari A.
Imari A.

"Straight forward for the novice, customizable enough for the pro"

What do you like best?

No hoops to jump through. Upload your lists in a simple CSV format, pick your subscription (send once and pay per email, or if you are high volume, get on an unlimited plan), and design your email. If you know no HTML, their templates are easy to play with and send. If you have a graphics person on board, the sky is the limit. Easy reporting to see how your emails perform.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would update their templates more often, add a certain amount of new ones monthly. Also keep an eye out for your emails getting chucked in spam. This has more to do with the industry and using HTML emails than with VR so that one is not really their fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find an easier program with the level of functionality it offers at a better price point.

Getting a national message out to the market in a consisten basis at an affordable price.

VerticalResponse review by Remy B.
Remy B.

"Vertical for weekly newsletter"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is easy to use. It has many templates to choose from.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot create a registration for someone to sign up and pay for something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product.

Communications, I use it to get our newsletter out to our customers as well as inform them of classes we are offering and keep them updated as to what trade shows we will be attending

VerticalResponse review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Excellent and easy to use email marketing service - very good to nonprofits"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response offers very easy to use WYSISYG interface with a lot of decent templates, easy compliance with CANSPAM laws, and all for virtually free for 501c3 nonprofit organizations. If you send less than 10,000 emails a month to your lists, you will never have to pay for the service.

What do you dislike?

In the forms they offer to embed in your website, or even if you use the API and create your own form for your customers to opt into your lists, there apparently isn't any way to offer through one form the option of signing up for multiple mailing lists. This apparently requires multiple forms, which is cumbersome for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, by all means, especially if you are a nonprofit.

Vertical Response has allowed us to provide easy email newsletters communications with our supporters without having any repercussions on our domain from any issues associated with mass mailings.

VerticalResponse review by Kalyn H.
Kalyn H.

"Easy system with low spam rate"

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive with easy drag and drop systems. It is easy for anyone to learn and their customer service is great if you ever have an issue.

What do you dislike?

No major red flags with this software. It is updated quite a bit (which is good) but also requires that the main user be flexible and learning!

A low spam rate is huge when choosing a mass emailing system. VR has a comparatively low rate meaning that most emails get into the recipients main inbox instead of spam folder.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Love Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Vertical Response is the Heat Map function so I can see where contacts are clicking on the email. This allows me to see what stories interest my readers most and help me create engaging content for the emails. I also love the A/B Testing with subject lines. This allows me to explore different subject lines so I can see what users like best.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting can be a little off with the emails, so you need to make sure all of the photos are sized the same to avoid the issue. I also do not like how Vertical Response emails go straight to spam so you have to add them to your safe sender list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your email lists imported in an excel document so that you can add them easily when you set up your account. Also, be sure to pick the right plan based on how many contacts you have. We had a much larger contact list so we had to upgrade a few times right off the back.

Getting our content out to the public. Also, making newsletters and email blasts easy! I think these emails help increase our brand awareness. It also helps when we are promoting contests or giveaways on our channels.

VerticalResponse review by Lucas V.
Lucas V.

"Clunky but free email app "

What do you like best?

The cost of this app is what is appealing and the fact that it does work with Salesforce. However, other than that I really don't have much good to say about it.

What do you dislike?

Other than it being free I dislike the majority of what the app offers. The way in which email are created is very clunky and time consuming for staff. It takes up to a day sometimes to get a email out the door when the content has already been provided. That is because the majority of the time when we send test emails they look different than what we see in the preview. Their support is helpful when I do call in but normally there is a long wait and I am still never 100% satisfied with the email that are going out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with a better option. Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor are much better options and you will save money and time in the end with either of those options.

Cost effective email solution with a connection yo Salesforce. Money savings, however that savings is washed out by all the staff time that it takes to create and send emails.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great email newsletter service for Non-profit Budget"

What do you like best?

The company's non-profit program that allowed us as a non-profit to send up to 10,000 emails a month. This saved our organization quite a bit of money and allowed us to have a greater presence and to stay in touch. I liked that I had a lot of ability to change the formatting. It was easy to upload new emails or for people to be removed from emails. Automatically checked for duplications.

What do you dislike?

The layout changed quite a bit depending on what internet browser or email software you were viewing it in. The program also had issues when you were working on it in different browsers. I had to contact their service department a couple times because of the formatting changes that would happen. Difficult at times with formatting when I was copying and pasting text. I had to do a bit of format cleanup afterwards

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very cost effective program.

Having exposure with clients and community in a budget friendly way. I could connect Vertical response with Google analytics and social media accounts to see how successful the campaign was. I could easily upload excel spreadsheets populated with contact information and email addresses and easily import those addresses to receive our newsletter

VerticalResponse review by Genie F.
Genie F.

"Reliable, tried and true! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, great analytics super templates!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing I do not like...

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed! Whether your a novice or a pro the VR platform is easy to use! Saves you money and time! Highly productive tool!

This is a great tool for our non-profit clients that are working with a limited budget.

VerticalResponse review by James W.
James W.

"There's a lot to like about Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response makes it really easy to manage all of our email campaigns. The UI is very simple to use, and in every instance, their customer support has been very knowledgable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

We felt really limited by the campaign templates provided by VR, so we dedicated our resources and personnel to build our own HTML to import, but it would've been much better for us if there was more variety to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all things, you'll want to compare services, but really try out everything that VR has to offer if you're going to go in that direction. Having a level of comfort with the UI and what your day-to-day usage will look like will go will enable you to make the best decision for your company.

The best all-around benefit is the cost-efficiency for the number of campaigns we can send; for the purposes of our small business, the various methods of campaign tracking has really enabled us to expand the reach of our content marketing and illustrations of our services.

VerticalResponse review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"I use Vertical Response for all of our company's mass emails"

What do you like best?

The ease of usage. You can easily create an email using an existing template or create your own.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about vertical response. If I had to say, probably I would like it if they did not count bounced back email addresses or unsubscribes as part of your email address limit, otherwise you have to delete all of these to make room for more or upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you switch to it. Even if you don't have much experience with building emails, they have an option of building your own in a "Microsoft word-like" setting.

It allows us to quickly get an email blast sent out to our entire customer base which is definitely beneficial in an emergency situation such as weather or technical issues.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator

"Mass email marketing for all levels of experience"

What do you like best?

Vertical response has a super simple interface that includes professional templates and customizable designs. You are able to manipulate an email in any way you'd like through the easy drag and drop system.

What do you dislike?

Vertical response could improve its bounce rate stats through improved research into the firewalls that are blocking the emails. This would increase the delivered emails which is a vital number to any business.

We are streamlining our brand through cohesive messaging via email. We are able to simply make copies of old email and update the content to match our needs.

VerticalResponse review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep lists current and to pull reports on sent emails.

What do you dislike?

At times design takes a while as fonts don't "stick" when text is inserted. Also, the received email looks different (from a layout standpoint) than what is seen in the design screen. This makes for a lot of back and forth to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always take a close look at your test email

This is a great tool for reaching our customers and maintaining mailing lists that allow customers to opt out. The reports are useful for follow up and we can test content/subject lines for best open/response rates

VerticalResponse review by Meredith C.
Meredith C.

"Great mass email/marketing tool when integrated with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

VerticalResponse offers plenty of templates and ways to customize your own newsletter templates via a design module or with HTML. As a nonprofit, we have access to a limited number of emails that we can send each month for free, but the limit is so high that we are able to take advantage of VerticalResponse for free, even while sending out at least 2 communications a month to our entire contact base. VerticalResponse emails are tracked in our HTML Email Activities both within Contact's Salesforce related list and via custom reporting. We can track opens and clicks at every level and adjust our processes accordingly to improve our open and click rates. It is intuitive to use!

What do you dislike?

The process of refreshing lists is a little burdensome. You should be able to not just select lists but also queries. Since it doesn't, my workaround is to refresh the list first, then go back into my draft to schedule or send the email. A little clunky. Also, I wish they would allow more than one Salesforce user account to work with a VerticalResponse account. We would like to have more than one editor of a newsletter but we can't do that in the Salesforce instance. Beyond that, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The experience is better if you can use HTML to really customize your templates. While there are plenty to choose from, they aren't easy to customize, so better off making your own from scratch. VerticalResponse is great with Salesforce. I can't speak to the benefits of the tool as a stand alone product.

We needed the flexibility to send mass emails past the native limits in Salesforce. While there are plenty of mass email/newsletter products out there, we needed one that would use Salesforce as the contact database, and update the contacts if needed (e.g. email opt out). The app had to articulate in both directions with Salesforce. VerticalResponse was the best app available when I first investigated the exchange (i've used/promoted this app for the last 8 years across and with at least five different organizations). Even though there are even more options available now, I stick to VerticalResponse because it is still more intuitive than re-learning the others.

VerticalResponse review by User

"Every affordable, very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The process simple. Just three steps to sending our mailing lists, blasts and one-off communications.

What do you dislike?

Every once and awhile the template must be adjusted and it is important to want your heading text in the HTML version and the text based version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vertical Response is simple. Everything is easy to use. It is easy to manage lists. Easy to create new lists. Easy to manage newsletters, blasts and communications. The historical reports are good and the followup actions are helpful

Month customer newsletter. One-off communications to our customers. Marketing blasts to attract new customers

VerticalResponse review by Kimber S.
Kimber S.

"Using the classic version, but still effective for the most part."

What do you like best?

The ease in which emails can be sorted and bounced addresses phased out.

What do you dislike?

Email Wizard is not very easy to navigate. May be because we haven't upgraded, but it doesn't seem very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the monthly package if doing more than a couple emails per month. Also, get the newest version.

We are getting our newsletter out to our entire client base weekly and they all have the same clean formatting.

VerticalResponse review by Valeria C.
Valeria C.

"Easier to use compared to other products"

What do you like best?

Comparing Vertical Response to other tools similar to it, this one is much easier to use and simpler. It is easy to upload my designs and add links, backgrounds, very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have used other softwares in the past and I disliked a lot of things from them. I find that Vertical Response is much better compared to them and so far I have not found anything that I dont like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to at least do a 1 month trial to compare it with what you use currently.

Email marketing campaigns for my clients.

VerticalResponse review by Lynn E.
Lynn E.

"Great email newsletter tool for beginner and advanced users"

What do you like best?

This is a program that can be easily used with newsletter sign-ups online on your own website and for maintaining a segmented, targeted database. It also has a simple design tool that beginners can use to craft an email, along with the option for html creation for those with advanced knowledge of crafting online newsletters.

What do you dislike?

Having to update an html newsletter when I'm not familiar with html.... and sometimes I run out of room on my photo library storage. However, these are minor issues and easily overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

Sending targeted newsletters by interests of our prospects. Seeing the results, click-response, to those newsletters, so that our marketing programs can be adjusted.

VerticalResponse review by Jay I.
Jay I.

"Horrible service --- Way too many false positives on "reported clicks" from email campaigns."

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Thats about all I like.

What do you dislike?

We run email campaigns with links to download a paper, or watch a video, or attend an event. Post campaign we run a list of people that "clicked the link" so that we can call and follow-up. Come to find out that many of these reported clicks are "false clicks". They did not click the link after all. This ends up being a HUGE waste of time for our sales guys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. When I called support about this, they sweep it under the rug.

None. Now that I realize we are wasting our time following up on false clicks.

VerticalResponse review by Morris I.
Morris I.

"Needs improvement"

What do you like best?

easy to use templates made setting up new emails quick and painless

What do you dislike?

You cannot export analytics from the reporting dashboard?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need to create and send emails this is great. if you need to understand how those emails perform and tie back into a CRM consider a different solution.

keeping clients aware of our offerings and specials

VerticalResponse review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Use another mail client!"

What do you like best?

I mean....at the bare minimum it does what it's supposed to. So points for that, I guess.

What do you dislike?

How much space do you have?

What DON'T I dislike about it?! It's clunky and hard to work with. It tends to chop the edges off my finished documents. Even the Wizard feature isn't as user-friendly as they'd have you believe. The template feature is limited as all hell, and incorporating it into a document is a headache! YOU have to implement the Autosave feature, and heaven help you if you don't!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away! Save yourselves the headache and find another mail client....ANY mail client!

It does get mass emails sent, but not without a sacrifice to the gods and the tears of a yak.

VerticalResponse review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Might Work Better with Other CRM Softwares"

What do you like best?

I like that building the email is pretty user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

We cannot connect with our CRM software, so no capabilities for drip campaigns, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are able to connect with CRM

We love that we are able to get information out to all of our customers!

VerticalResponse review by Kaustubh V.
Kaustubh V.

"It has not been a pleasant experience while using this product/service."

What do you like best?

Nothing as such. I am disappointed after using this software. I have used for several years for sending marketing emails, but every time they make it so difficult.

What do you dislike?

Their technical support is pathetic. No one knows what's going on. The email results seemed to be made up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service has been degraded. Earlier they had good technical support but now somehow it seems to be degraded.

Sending marketing emails have been the problem while sending through this service. The emails don't reach the destination as I believe the server which sends emails have been blacklisted by most of the recipient servers.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pros and Cons of Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use and navigate, laid out in an intuitive way, filters out contacts that are duplicates or that have bounced back.

What do you dislike?

Website is frequently slow to load, not an easy way to import/export contacts from outlook, if you don't hit the save button when you're creating an email then you will lose your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare other options to Vertical Response before committing to this product, there may something available that is more tailored to what your business/company/organization needs.

Good way to send targeted emails out to select groups, can format things in a more stylistic way than emails would allow

VerticalResponse review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Kind of outdated but it works"

What do you like best?

I like that it is relatively easy to use. And gives options for visual or HTML base design. The templates are nice too.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be glitchy. Text does not format the way you want it too. Formatting will stick around after you delete something. I have found that I have to clear all formatting from by copy/pasting into note pad before I can change a styling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I remember they had came out with a new version but it was taking them a LONG time to move us from the old platform to the new one. WAY TOO LONG. I use HubSpot now and I like it much better but there are still cons to both. I looked into MailChimp as an alternative but switching can be daunting. I never got to use the new UI of Vertical Response so maybe it has stayed competitive with the other "shinier" ones.

Email marketing. It did the job but didn't look the prettiest. And the free templates were so so.

VerticalResponse review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Vertical Response Review "

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and had a lot of easy to use templates for email campaigns and newsletter friendly features.

What do you dislike?

At times I found it a bit too basic and the user friendly nature of it started to work against it because I wanted more and for it to provide more context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to keep up with some of the other similar platforms I think they are either going to have to provide more options/features for the user to make the price worth its while.

We used Vertical Response to send out newsletters and blast emails in an efficient manner that would provide us with easy to use metrics and inter-workings.

User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool to publish newsletter"

What do you like best?

The possibility to publish and distribute newsletter to your contacts very easily.

Import of contacts from Salesforce works very well

Statistics to follow how many contacts open the email, how many click on the links etc..

What do you dislike?

It was quite something to publish the first newsletter. I was not familiar with the software before (nor with publishing and distributing newsletters) so the learning curve was intense for me. But I walked through it with coworkers who are more experienced and with time it's getting easier.

The templates available seemed limited to me at first....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to publish and distribute your newsletter and track your contacts' interaction with the content you send.

Easily publish and distribute newsletter.

Track users interactions with newsletter we're sending

VerticalResponse review by Consultant in Building Materials
Consultant in Building Materials

"Worst Service Provider i have had the pleasure to use"

What do you like best?

I have nothing good to say about this Vertical Response.

What do you dislike?

Dealing with Customer service i was treated like a criminal. Apparently it is illegal to use email marketing for an established customer base. wait is that not VR's Business? Horrible to deal with and they don't like to refund your money once you give it to them. FYI this is the first time i have actually taken the time out of my day to write a bad review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use them

I have realized what a terrible company operates like. the only positive that came out of this is a lesson on how not to treat people

VerticalResponse review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Great Email Service Provider for start up company"

What do you like best?

Email marketing is a huge part of a business and it is a necessity to get our customer engaged and aware of our brand. I do like how vertical response is an affordable option for companies with a lower budget in marketing. They have an option to Pay as you go option which provides great flexibility.

This service offer a great balance of pricing, reliability, flexibility and analyzing.

I like how this software takes measure in the anti-spam policy.

I would say this software is one of the best entry level email marketing service provider that is on the same level as some other popular ones in the market.

I also enjoy how there is a huge online image storage for our newsletters! I believe it is about 20 MB.

What do you dislike?

Their campaign creating template lags and is a bit tad glitchy from my experience. It does get the job done but sometimes the browser lags and freezes, which delays some work time. I generally use google chrome for vertical response campaigns.

I also dislike that the spam checking tools are not very available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy this service because it real time reporting and statistics.

This is great for any company who is just starting out in the email marketing or for all start up companies because of the low cost and ease of usability.

When we had a very low budget for marketing, I used this software as an entry level email marketing service provider. The template creation was very easy so it was easy to train our employees. We were able to send small email segments for free and we were able to track our open rates and click through rates on our products.

VerticalResponse review by User in Higher Education

"VerticalResponse"

What do you like best?

I currently use the free version of Vertical Response to manage participant contact information and to send out email communications. One of the best features with Vertical Response is the large selection of templates available for emails and ease of use. I find the software to be extremely user-friendly!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am only able to add up to 200 participants and their contact information before signing up for a monthly subscription, however I do understand the necessity for creating and adhering to a cut-off for free use of the software vs. paid use of the software. I also feel that the entry fields for contact names/info could be easier to adapt and edit.

Communicating with large numbers of program participants in efficient way

VerticalResponse review by Frederick King-Chuen M.
Frederick King-Chuen M.

"Vertical Response is very useful in transmitting newsletters."

What do you like best?

That it was easy to format so that I could upload my newsfeed on the same template each week. Analytics were very good. Conversion of Newsletter to PDF was a good feature.

What do you dislike?

When the software was updated it did though me for a loop. Caused me to use the editor to reformat my template. used up so time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the template editor more user-friendly.

Trying to get newsfeed subscribers to actually log in and read and get feeedback. Was somewhat successful.

VerticalResponse review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Vertical Response is NOT user friendly"

What do you like best?

It's okay with customizing templates, but other than that...not much to say.

What do you dislike?

You can only upload JPEGs, it's text editor does not deal with formatted text well. I need to copy in plain text if I want it to in any way resemble what it is meant to in the viewer. The plain text version is terrible. Social share options look like they are from 1998.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

Very few.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A happy user since 2011"

What do you like best?

I've been a happy user of VerticalResponse since 2011. Use it for regular mailing campaigns to customers and prospective customers. Great layouts, tracking, functionality. Easy to copy and adjust previously used layouts; easy to re-target previously emailed targets; and easy to build new lists by combining previous targets (e.g. all who didn't open or click in any of last week's various emails, etc.).

What do you dislike?

There are two things I dislike:

1) The new VerticalResponse looks great and has more responsive designs and looks even easier to use than the old version. Unfortunately, there is NO way for old version customers to just have all their info transferred to the new version (and I double-checked with customer support). You'd have to do it manually and lose a lot of historical data. Seems to me like that should be an automatic transfer for old customers.

2) VerticalResponse doesn't have as many integrations with CRM products as other email marketing solutions.

Great tool for keeping in touch with customers or notifying customers and prospects about new updates/products/promotions.

VerticalResponse review by User

"Great way to communicate with a large amount of people"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response has great customization features to be able to group users to send various types of communication. It is an inexpensive (free for most) way to communicate with a large amount of people.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues with it so far.

I am able to communicate different types of information to many people in a minute or less!

VerticalResponse review by Stephen N.
Stephen N.

"Love the Auto Resending to UnOpened Addresses"

What do you like best?

Being able to send a new email to those users who didn't open/engage with the 1st email. This alone is the reason we have moved to use this service. Also they have the lowest pricing out of the big providers.

What do you dislike?

Templates aren't as easy to customize as some other providers, but overall inline with most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the pricing, its great and the 2nd email that goes out will always increase your results!

Getting more exposure for the emails we send, as getting the sending of the 2nd email increases our overall open rates and engagement by double digits!

VerticalResponse review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Vertical Response review"

What do you like best?

List management is very easy if your lists are organized and clean.

What do you dislike?

Design functions are really limiting and static.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't know HTML, definitely teach yourself or take a class so you can import your own code. Makes the designs MUCH improved!

At my company, cost is our highest concern so we currently use this platform for one audience group, and another platform for another in order to keep costs low. Unfortunately, the designs are totally different and very limiting and we are unable to make the emails look uniform without putting in our own code.

VerticalResponse review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Nice basics, but nothing flashy"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, and the forced step-by-step processing

What do you dislike?

Vertical Response has really basic layout options and visuals

Personal email communications outside of company email addresses

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple tool for complex problems"

What do you like best?

The analytics breakdown per segment is extremely useful and has allowed us to retarget specific audiences more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Managing lists and segments can become pretty cumbersome over time.

Vertical Response has allowed us to send email to prospect audiences without cluttering our CRM. It allows us to manage various touch-points with a broader audience and them bring them into our CRM only when they have provided their most current and up-to-date information.

VerticalResponse review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Regarding creating and sending emails, It's very intuitive to use the system.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit dated looking compared to other email services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of the ease of use and ability to customize I would recommend.

We use it to send a monthly newsletter to clients and prospective clients. We just need to be able to created a newsletter that has our look and feel and that is easy to navigate on the user end.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"VerticalResponse is a great way to reach out to your customers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to deliver newsletters to customers

What do you dislike?

Hard to know how well the delivery rate is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their free trial to make sure the service works out for you.

The ability to constantly communicate with customers. The benefit of being able to use the application from anywhere on a web browser.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Good email software"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is very user friendly. I like that you can create a canvas email and do not always need to use HTML. We were able to add a few canvas emails so people who did not know HTML were able to send emails.

It also allows you to great a ton of list. We have have about 75 list of people that we mail to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you schedule an email it does not always go out at that time. We had a fundraising email with the subject line 3 hour left. This email went out 2 hours after the scheduled time and we looked kind of dumb for having that subject line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the software available. There may be something better.

We use VR to send emails to our donors about upcoming events and to ask for donations.

VerticalResponse review by User in Financial Services

"Vertical Response Email is Terrible for Business"

What do you like best?

Nothing - Wasted my Time only to have them take my 1400 private email client list and block my account with a Spring Beach email I sent with note to call me to Refinance their home loan - I am a Mortgage Broker. This is ptitful. Call to Customer Service stated they don;t allow various "words" in their emails.. MORTGAGE and REFINANCE are bad words to this Company apparently.

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What do you dislike?

Everything and the whole concept of their business

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

That there exists people like this online...still in 2015 that come up with these type of company's.

VerticalResponse review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Great experience with some tweaks I would love to see"

What do you like best?

They pricing option for nonprofits which really help our budgeting.

Easy to use interface.

List management tools.

What do you dislike?

Cannot unsubscribe to just one list, is all or nothing.

Would love to have better integration.

No very flexible with regard to the data we can collect from sign-up form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Vertical Response is an excellent product for small businesses and nonprofits. It has a simple UI, and a helpful library of templates. It is a very useful tool in general, and a great transition product if you are not yet ready for a complete CRM solution.

Migrated organization from old listserv platform to a more robust email marketing tool.

VerticalResponse review by Darren W.
Darren W.

"Vertical Response - a simple to use system but could be better"

What do you like best?

Integration with our CRM system, Bullhorn, means that updating lists for campaigns is easy and simple

What do you dislike?

fairly basic and not as full of features as some of the other products available on the market. however, it is easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

an ok system if you are lookig for something simple out of the box, but lacks some of the feaures and reporting of other products available

marketing via email and customer feedback campaign management

VerticalResponse review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Vertical Response "

What do you like best?

Affordable and always improving without increasing price

What do you dislike?

They don't close down during updates. Sometimes it hampers when you are in process on something

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best customer service hands down

Better open rates. Easy way to mange contacts

VerticalResponse review by User

"Vertical Response, Not the best."

What do you like best?

I like that you can save campaigns for future use

What do you dislike?

I dislike the website, it's not super user friendly like mail chimp.

We are able to send mass emails and track their opening rate.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Fantastic email client for Salesforce users"

What do you like best?

Fantastic integration to Salesforce, good interface, solid pricing, lots of good promo codes are usually available

What do you dislike?

Building and using mailing lists can be confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for email credit promo codes, research SF user feedback

Sending EOL/EOS and product announcement emails.

VerticalResponse review by Felicia D.
Felicia D.

"Good to start with. "

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to work with and get started.

What do you dislike?

You only get 300 emails for free. My first blast had 900 emails so I had no choice but to upgrade to a paid plan.

Getting responses for promo products.

VerticalResponse review by James K.
James K.

"Vertical Response _ Promises According to Your Hopes - Performs According to Your Fears"

What do you like best?

The core functionality of the software is good.

What do you dislike?

They are very late in delivering the upgrade version with robust functionality, thus, we are stuck with the Classic Edition. The weekly newsletter released on Monday when reposted to VR Social generates a 403 Forbidden error. It is hard to conceive that a company that is involved in social media can't figure out over three months of support requests to enable their own communication to be forwarded to others without your corporate network. The html template for coding a newsletter requires a HIGH degree of HTML knowledge. Their editors are basic and you really have no clue how your emails will appears will scene on varying platforms.

Great concept - poor results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere and comparison shop.

Social media marketing to clients

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"It's always been a little clunky but it suited us for a time"

What do you like best?

Checkpoint progression when building your email

What do you dislike?

It took a long time for them to upgrade their system and the upgrade wasn't rolled out particularly well. It was my first time really with using this type of system and generally it was just a bit clunky to begin with but we didn't have enough in house experience to find a better system for us.

Automation of recall emails sent to promote learning effectiveness. We increased our administration efficiency by automating repeat emails that we sent.

VerticalResponse review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Old School Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is an email software system that allows users to "blast" their customers at the drop of a hat. It's very easy to use, includes great customization tools and does not always go into the spam filter.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the system in not upgraded often. Templates are outdated and not very modern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

VR allows us to contact all of our customers at the same time rather than individually emailing them.

VerticalResponse review by Ruth K.
Ruth K.

"User friendly and Engaging "

What do you like best?

The email campaign creation aspect. It makes email writing fun. The outlook is simple and inviting

What do you dislike?

Well, the limitations to being able to edit some information before it leaves

Customer engagement and database management . Maintenance of list

VerticalResponse review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"A great solution for non-profits"

What do you like best?

The best feature for us is that it is free for non-profit organizations which allowed us to make the switch to a more comprehensive email marketing tool.

What do you dislike?

Where we struggle in the switch from just sending Outlook emails and using VR or any similar tool is that for a significant number of recipients, it is going in their spam folder. The emails come from -----@mail.vresp.com not from us. I'm sure for additional cost we could probably change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a non-profit and/or just getting started, I would give it some serious consideration. It was very easy to learn and has some great features.

We are now communicating with our constituents in a much more consistent way, but we also have an incredible amount of data and insight on how effective our communications have been.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"I use it for our weekly ebulletin to send out to our entire church congregation."

What do you like best?

i like that i can customize exactly what i send out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to navigate the website.

we are able to mass communicate with our church about events that are coming up. We have realized that it is more efficient than trying to email everyone indivdually.

VerticalResponse review by Alicia H.
Alicia H.

"Simple Yet Robust Direct Mail Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is my "go to" email marketing tool. When the team is still trying to figure out which tool to use for email marketing and/or complete marketing automation, I buy VR credits to use until they're done with the decision making process.

It is easy to use and has a great variety of templates & designs for those who have never sent an email blast before. Yet it is still great for those of us who've been doing direct marketing for years.

It forces you to check your work and to test the email before sending. This is great for those of us who are rushed yet still want everything to be perfect.

Things I love:

~ Their reporting tools

~ Their upload tools are smart (no more emailing to dupes or broken email addresses!)

~ Ability to send again later to non-responders

~ Ability to send at a specific date & time in the future

~ Ability to buy credits on the fly if you need more than you have

It even has a postcard feature in case your industry is still using paper.

It also has a new "event" feature I've not had much of a chance to use yet but it looks like it will be a good tool (it's only about a year old).

What do you dislike?

When I was using it regularly in 2013, the Salesforce integration didn't allow team members to share historical data about email campaigns individual members were sending. Each person could only see their own email stats. Hopefully this has changed since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it even while you consider which tool to use. I don't always end up using VR when we're choosing a tool.

Integrated (mostly) with Salesforce. You can use VR inside of SFDC and share email credits with your team, but you can't share history of individual emails sent (as of mid-2013).

No "per user" fee.

No long term obligation. Having commitment issues? Not sure if VR is the right tool to use for email marketing? Thinking of other tools? Use only what you need until you decide. There is no recurring fee. You pay for a fixed number of email credits and are not charged again until you ask for more.

Don't have a designer and/or HTML guru? No problem. They have design templates and allow you to build the HTML using a graphic editor.

VerticalResponse review by Aristotle G.
Aristotle G.

"Ok"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and it is easy to learn the product

What do you dislike?

Too many features it can be confusing where to find

None

VerticalResponse review by Don M.
Don M.

"Very pleased with dashboard"

What do you like best?

Speed and usability was nice but really liked the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Functionality and list cutting was frustrating.

Managing multiple email campaigns and automation.

VerticalResponse review by Reily F.
Reily F.

"Limited but functional "

What do you like best?

Vertical response has been Very easy to use and is very cost effective because they provide a nonprofit service for free.

What do you dislike?

Vertical response has Limited options for design

Public awareness

VerticalResponse review by Consultant

"Reliable tool for it's neds"

What do you like best?

It provides simple plain and good functionality. Good product for not hot leads.

What do you dislike?

The design is poor in some packages except Pro+ and seems like the product is not developing actively. But in general, it is good and reliable.

Good level of deliverability of emails that are not well engaged.

VerticalResponse review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use email marketing tool"

What do you like best?

Vertical response is an easy to use email marketing tool.

What do you dislike?

Not much to it, although Verical Response is a simple tool to learn and launch, in my opinion, the platform lacks functionality I have seen in other tools.

Outreach to customers via email marketing with a clear precise message in an eye catching template.

VerticalResponse review by Dawn D.
Dawn D.

"Good for Basic Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use. Inexpensive. Good reporting.

What do you dislike?

Limited stylizing, Inability to create automated workflows. Removing large amounts of contacts (bounces, etc) is truly painful. Lack of Salesforce integration.

Large email blasts

VerticalResponse review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Email Launchess"

What do you like best?

Ease of uploading lists and executing email campaigns.

What do you dislike?

antiquated interface, could use a more modern front face.

Sometimes pre-populated text generated emails do not view properly.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Dated but functional"

What do you like best?

Easy to use HTML interface for building emails. User friendly enough for non HTML users to create basic emails. Access to past emails and reports makes it easy to compare progress.

What do you dislike?

Pre-Built templates leave alot to be desired. Everything is done through CSV files and slightly dated. Connector with Salesforce didn't work for our needs and we decided to switch to Pardot instead for our email marketing efforts.

Email marketing, growing a potential client database, advertising webinars

VerticalResponse review by Billy W.
Billy W.

"Review f Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the product. It was simple to set up.

What do you dislike?

I would like more options in pricing plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keeping clean lists is most of the maintenance time.

We use it to do email marketing for our restaurants.

VerticalResponse review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Use this platform with Salesforce CRM"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates with SF and can send emails related to a campaign.

What do you dislike?

I wish the templates were easier to use. Templates are limited. Like what you can do in Pardot with drag and drop featutres. Not forced to template design.

Currently just sending emails to customer base and getting company info out to customers.

"Outdated"

What do you like best?

Customizable, and intuitive layout to work with

What do you dislike?

Outdated and unreliable, different devices show a different result. Also emails don't all send at the scheduled time, and we have to contact support roughly once a month.

Reaching out clientele, able to assist more people and interact with a large demographic.

VerticalResponse review by User

"Vertical Response makes mass marketing a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the website is. I can create social media and mass email content easily!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not more free content.

I get to send mass emails easily with awesome layouts.

VerticalResponse review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Not a very intuitive system"

What do you like best?

It does integrate with Salesforce which helps a lot when creating and tracking campaigns but it is not a very pretty user interface.

What do you dislike?

Not a very goof user interface and doesn't create the prettiest emails.

Sending and creating emails.

VerticalResponse review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"VR in Higher Ed"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface with hand-coded emails.

What do you dislike?

Inability to have RSS auto-generated emails as well as limited A/B testing and analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need RSS features, steer clear.

Too much communication from too many different channels result in misinformation and confused users.

VerticalResponse review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

How it integrates with salesforce and allows us to send out communication and also targeted groups of people. Analytics

What do you dislike?

Not much!! Very easy to use and work with with minimal training.

Not having to continually import contacts. The analytics of the email campaigns we send out.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very Basic"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

A large number emails are sent straight to junk

Vertical Response allows us to email our entire alumni base for low cost.

VerticalResponse review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Great email marketing solution for Not for Profits"

What do you like best?

I have the UI particularly easy to navigate with VR. We had had a series of campaigns that had 3-4 very similarly designed emails. The plethora of templates combined with the easy to use interface made creating these very easy.

What do you dislike?

I found the segmentation capabilities to be a bit limiting. We had some complex criteria for defining our customer segments and because with a need to integrate real-time into our CRM, we had to take segmentation offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you accurately get send volume estimates before pulling the trigger. We had a bit of a surprise when we finally go to the quote. Still reasonable in my opinion.

VerticalResponse review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use, economical..."

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use, intuitive, the details reports allows for tracking. I also like the variety of email templates they provide, they look professional instead of overly cheesy. The support people were also helpful, when my test campaigns were not shooting out, they went through every step with me to ensure i had configured it correctly.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of clicks, I have seen other products where there are less clicks, especially when you are building the lists and choosing the fields.

Have a quick and easy way to send emails to prospects after a campaign was launced.

VerticalResponse review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Great email product"

What do you like best?

Great pricing for the product and all of it’s capabilities

What do you dislike?

Nothing it’s great we love it and it has been a necessity to our organization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

Better email marketing

VerticalResponse review by User in Internet

"Easy to use, helpful analytics"

What do you like best?

VerticalResponse is great because it works seamlessly with Salesforce.

Very helpful analytics as well to track click throughs, etc.

What do you dislike?

I worked with this product for a small nonprofit. We were not looking for anything complicated, so really no compalints.

This product definitely helped to analyze which sections of our newsletter were performing the best.

VerticalResponse review by Lena M.
Lena M.

"Great email platform for non-profit"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response has great technical support. I've called in or done live chat with great results. E-mail is not my main profession, but I need it for the non-profit I am involved in and they have been great!

What do you dislike?

I wish they had live seminars like Constant Contact does.

We are trying grow our membership and to get information to our membership base. E-mail is the number 1 tool we use to get our members to our events.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Nonprofit bicycling advocacy organization loves Vertical Response!"

What do you like best?

We appreciate Vertical Response's incredibly generous Non-profit discount policy! And we like the easy-to-use, intuitive format.

What do you dislike?

Not dislike... but we are looking forward to new functionality for better list management and market testing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you need help, use the chat line. It's fastest!

Keeping our sponsors, donors and members engaged; keeping our customers informed and happy! Our biggest benefit is time-savings and money-savings!

VerticalResponse review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Vertical Response in the Workplace"

What do you like best?

Vertical response made it very easy for us to keep our customers informed and promote new products and information!

What do you dislike?

I didn't particularly like having to purchase "credits" in order to send the emails. I would have preferred a direct pay-per-email system.

We were able to communicate quickly and efficiently with our customers and the emails allowed for beautiful html layouts. We were even able to insert music clips. Given that we were a music publishing company, this was extremely helpful in promoting our products.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Performing Arts
Administrator in Performing Arts

"Low cost but buggy"

What do you like best?

Low cost, and free option is good for small NPOs

What do you dislike?

Customization from templates is buggy and hard to work with.

Reaching our donor base

VerticalResponse review by Josh Harcus I.
Josh Harcus I.

"Horrible email service."

What do you like best?

The ability to send emails to different segmented lists.

What do you dislike?

The templates are not every customizable. Everything was difficult to use. It did not look very clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other tools that are more up to date.

Helped us communicate with our customers via email.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

It's simple enough to understand for even the novice of users.

What do you dislike?

It has too many issues regarding usability

None really. I actually stopped using it.

VerticalResponse review by Lisa L. W.
Lisa L. W.

"Great for users of all experience levels"

What do you like best?

Salesforce integration, list segmentation, personalization, Google analytics integration, professional pre-made templates, better for non-profits and smaller businesses

What do you dislike?

The HTML editor is finicky with custom HTML, but that's the case with most ESPs. Also, not really meant for businesses with lists over 40,000.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can test drive Vertical Response - 30 day trial, send 100 emails free no credit card needed

VerticalResponse review by Ludmila A.
Ludmila A.

"Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response offers strong email deliverability for smaller businesses: seamless Salesforce integration, dynamic content, powerful segmentation tools, industry-standard analytics. Additional advantages: the service is cheaper than others and it's an easy-to-use tool.

What do you dislike?

Vertical Response lacks a free plan. Also, ExactTarget, for example, is better positioned to perform client mailings over 100,000 messages per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use MailChimp to try out an e-mailing service: it provides a free plan for up to 12,000 emails per month. If your company is large and does a lot of monthly e-mailings, use Exact Target.

VerticalResponse review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"Good Light Weight Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Minimal training investment required. Can be broadly distributed within an organization. Cost effective. Superior introductory try-before-you-buy option.

What do you dislike?

Stand alone product. Little (no) integration with other marketing dimensions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to dabble with.

VerticalResponse review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Customer Service is God Awful"

What do you like best?

VR used to be a great platform. Things have definitely changed since the company was purchased.

What do you dislike?

Their customer service is horrendously bad. They can't answer the simplest of questions. They take days or weeks to respond to emails if they bother responding at all.

None

VerticalResponse review by User in Higher Education

"Needs Upgrades, Still too clunky"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect to Salesforce and other CRMs

What do you dislike?

Still clunky, lacks responsive templates

External and internal communication

VerticalResponse review by Nancy D.
Nancy D.

"I have been using VerticalResponse for the last 10+ years in all the technology corporations."

What do you like best?

It is an easy product to use, and helps me get in and get things done. Using it for the last 10+ years in different organizations was helpful to me that I did not have to learn a new tool.

What do you dislike?

Reaches our customers quickly, terrific templates, and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple tool to use, cost effective, Gets the job done, great tracking.

VerticalResponse review by Or C.
Or C.

"Another exact target alternative"

What do you like best?

This product is extremely easy to use and has a great interface.

What do you dislike?

This product is not as useful as exact target

Email marketing

VerticalResponse review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pretty Good E-mail Distribution System"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about Vertical Response is that if you hit send message, there's no way to cancel it. There should be a 10 minute or so grace period for you to cancel in case you accidentally hit send on the wrong message. Also, sometimes the actual site is down, which is frustrating when you're trying to send a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vertical Response is very easy and allows for social media sharing. Just be careful when you're testing messages to make sure you hit send on the correct message. Also leave yourself a grace period for sending messages in case the site is down.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Using campaigns for emails lists"

What do you like best?

That you can use campaigns to create email lists.

What do you dislike?

Super ancient interface. It is per user....

Mass email.

Simple use

VerticalResponse review by Kara M.
Kara M.

"Solid Base Line Email Marketing Service"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is very easy to use and implement and train marketing team of its use.

What do you dislike?

There is no ability to use the program for automated remarketing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works great for a basic email marketing program allowing you to build out templates and create segmentations

VerticalResponse review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Very frustrating program. The fact that you cannot copy/paste into the word box makes it very hard."

What do you like best?

that you have customer service chat option

What do you dislike?

very difficult to adjust and fix. Doesn't email the same to Google and Outlook.

Trying to send mass emails to target audience.

VerticalResponse review by Francis P.
Francis P.

"Ok all round mailing system"

What do you like best?

It does what it says on the tin. Its not the best email marketing system but it defiantly isn't the worst. It has good integration with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Deliver-ability of emails could be better and analytics could be better too. dotMailer is a lot better in that respect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you evalutate exactly what you want from your email marketing application/service and what metrics you will be using.

VerticalResponse review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Used Vertical response in conjunction with other products such as Act-On to manage email campaigns."

What do you like best?

Integration with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Vertical Response suffers from the same things as most of its competitors. I would like to be to use my own dedicated IP address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of products out there, take the time to do an evaluation before choosing a vendor.

Learning about VerticalResponse?

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.