VerticalResponse

3.3

VerticalResponse provides email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

Work for VerticalResponse?

Learning about VerticalResponse?

VerticalResponse Reviews

Ask VerticalResponse a Question
Showing 99 VerticalResponse reviews
VerticalResponse review by User in Computer Software

"Great for non-profits, but a little clunky."

What do you like best?

I love the non-profit program Vertical Response offers. It allows me to send 10,000 emails for free, allowing to save more money for operating our non-profit. It is easy and reasonably inexpensive to add more 'sends' too, making it a great option for us.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit dated and can feel clunky at times. Most actions are logically organized, but they do not feel very accessible, and I don't necessarily 'feel good' when using their interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is technically great at what it aims to do, but is a bit less user-friendly than some of the alternatives. Great option for non-profit customers!

With the non-profit program, Vertical Response has allowed us the flexibility to build out our email campaign program. We can experiment sending a lot of emails that help us refine our trategy for targeting our donors and supporters.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VerticalResponse
VerticalResponse review by Steffen H.
Steffen H.

"Great Emailing Resource and Affordable"

What do you like best?

Upon researching for an email resource, I came across some vendors that required subscriptions that were not affordable for my operation, nor did I need the amount of emails that were in each subscription level. Others had the option to buy just the emails you would use, again it was unaffordable. I came across Vertical Response, and honestly the think that attracted me at first was the price. Upon using it, it was very easy to use and I was sending an email within no time.

What do you dislike?

One drawback is that many of my email campaigns were only seen by 30% (if that) of the people I emailed. I collected emails at trade shows and used those emails within the campaign. Some of the emails were wrong, but I gather the majority of the ones that were not opened were sent to spam. This is upsetting because I confirmed my information and that I gathered the emails from the email owner knowing they would be receiving it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of emails apparently get sent to spam. If you rely on an email software to be more reliable, I don't know if vertical response will be the one you are looking for. But if you are looking for an email service that will be affordable and get your message out to a lot of folks, vertical response will be perfect

By emailing out the way I can with Vertical Response, I'm able to reach my audience much more quickly and efficiently. Since their pricing is affordable, I'm able to do so without breaking the bank. I love being able to keep in contact with my clients, but if I'm sending out a similar email out to hundreds of people, I'd prefer to not have to type the same email or copy/paste for each email address. Vertical Response allows me to keep in touch much better.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

VerticalResponse review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"Takes awhile to get used to, but out performs"

What do you like best?

I really think the platform is more user friendly than other email marketing companies. Other companies that offer other things like event management are the only companies that are truly more unique. Vertical Response has been my go to for the past 7 years unless you are looking for a free program. I think the emails integrate well, have a great html upload, it's easy to manipulate the code and wysiwg builders, and then you also have access to surveys.

What do you dislike?

It does get more pricey than some others. If you are looking for an email company, this is great if you know what you're doing. If you are looking for 'templates' then this might not be for you/

Recommendations to others considering the product

The templates are a little 'not so great'. This is not a platform for beginners or companies 'just starting out' or perhaps don't have an idea of what types of emails they should be designing. This is great for the company that has a designer or marketing person who already has a grasp of what they want to design independently, codes html, etc.

I like the analytics and tracking, and I really like the ability to grow your lists. Vertical Response makes things 'very clear' for those signing up.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Gross."

What do you like best?

I absolutely hated using vertical response. The only easy part of VR was importing the email addresses to use and that was only because it was attached to our salesforce CRM.

What do you dislike?

Where to begin, creating an email to go out was next to impossible. It was no where near the ease of use that one should find in 2018. I used to call it Windows 97. Remembering which way to create your campaign was hard enough but one in VR, if you didn't already make your graphics as a jpg on Photoshop, you had to have knowledge on how to write HTML. While importing names was semi easy, remembering which buttons to push in order to pull the report is next to impossible. I never was able to pulll email addresses out the same way. Analytics were not available when I used it, however we switched early in 2018 and it may be available now though I doubt it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would tell them not to. Use something like mailchimp.

We were trying to begin strengthening our marketing. As a relatively small non profit we have very few staff members and the ones that we do have often don't have the knowledge on how to utilize things of this nature. Something like MailChimp is much easier for people with no knowledge to utilize.

VerticalResponse review by Imari A.
Imari A.

"Straight forward for the novice, customizable enough for the pro"

What do you like best?

No hoops to jump through. Upload your lists in a simple CSV format, pick your subscription (send once and pay per email, or if you are high volume, get on an unlimited plan), and design your email. If you know no HTML, their templates are easy to play with and send. If you have a graphics person on board, the sky is the limit. Easy reporting to see how your emails perform.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would update their templates more often, add a certain amount of new ones monthly. Also keep an eye out for your emails getting chucked in spam. This has more to do with the industry and using HTML emails than with VR so that one is not really their fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find an easier program with the level of functionality it offers at a better price point.

Getting a national message out to the market in a consisten basis at an affordable price.

VerticalResponse review by Remy B.
Remy B.

"Vertical for weekly newsletter"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is easy to use. It has many templates to choose from.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you cannot create a registration for someone to sign up and pay for something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product.

Communications, I use it to get our newsletter out to our customers as well as inform them of classes we are offering and keep them updated as to what trade shows we will be attending

VerticalResponse review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Excellent and easy to use email marketing service - very good to nonprofits"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response offers very easy to use WYSISYG interface with a lot of decent templates, easy compliance with CANSPAM laws, and all for virtually free for 501c3 nonprofit organizations. If you send less than 10,000 emails a month to your lists, you will never have to pay for the service.

What do you dislike?

In the forms they offer to embed in your website, or even if you use the API and create your own form for your customers to opt into your lists, there apparently isn't any way to offer through one form the option of signing up for multiple mailing lists. This apparently requires multiple forms, which is cumbersome for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, by all means, especially if you are a nonprofit.

Vertical Response has allowed us to provide easy email newsletters communications with our supporters without having any repercussions on our domain from any issues associated with mass mailings.

VerticalResponse review by Kalyn H.
Kalyn H.

"Easy system with low spam rate"

What do you like best?

The system is very intuitive with easy drag and drop systems. It is easy for anyone to learn and their customer service is great if you ever have an issue.

What do you dislike?

No major red flags with this software. It is updated quite a bit (which is good) but also requires that the main user be flexible and learning!

A low spam rate is huge when choosing a mass emailing system. VR has a comparatively low rate meaning that most emails get into the recipients main inbox instead of spam folder.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Love Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Vertical Response is the Heat Map function so I can see where contacts are clicking on the email. This allows me to see what stories interest my readers most and help me create engaging content for the emails. I also love the A/B Testing with subject lines. This allows me to explore different subject lines so I can see what users like best.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting can be a little off with the emails, so you need to make sure all of the photos are sized the same to avoid the issue. I also do not like how Vertical Response emails go straight to spam so you have to add them to your safe sender list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your email lists imported in an excel document so that you can add them easily when you set up your account. Also, be sure to pick the right plan based on how many contacts you have. We had a much larger contact list so we had to upgrade a few times right off the back.

Getting our content out to the public. Also, making newsletters and email blasts easy! I think these emails help increase our brand awareness. It also helps when we are promoting contests or giveaways on our channels.

VerticalResponse review by Lucas V.
Lucas V.

"Clunky but free email app "

What do you like best?

The cost of this app is what is appealing and the fact that it does work with Salesforce. However, other than that I really don't have much good to say about it.

What do you dislike?

Other than it being free I dislike the majority of what the app offers. The way in which email are created is very clunky and time consuming for staff. It takes up to a day sometimes to get a email out the door when the content has already been provided. That is because the majority of the time when we send test emails they look different than what we see in the preview. Their support is helpful when I do call in but normally there is a long wait and I am still never 100% satisfied with the email that are going out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with a better option. Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor are much better options and you will save money and time in the end with either of those options.

Cost effective email solution with a connection yo Salesforce. Money savings, however that savings is washed out by all the staff time that it takes to create and send emails.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great email newsletter service for Non-profit Budget"

What do you like best?

The company's non-profit program that allowed us as a non-profit to send up to 10,000 emails a month. This saved our organization quite a bit of money and allowed us to have a greater presence and to stay in touch. I liked that I had a lot of ability to change the formatting. It was easy to upload new emails or for people to be removed from emails. Automatically checked for duplications.

What do you dislike?

The layout changed quite a bit depending on what internet browser or email software you were viewing it in. The program also had issues when you were working on it in different browsers. I had to contact their service department a couple times because of the formatting changes that would happen. Difficult at times with formatting when I was copying and pasting text. I had to do a bit of format cleanup afterwards

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very cost effective program.

Having exposure with clients and community in a budget friendly way. I could connect Vertical response with Google analytics and social media accounts to see how successful the campaign was. I could easily upload excel spreadsheets populated with contact information and email addresses and easily import those addresses to receive our newsletter

VerticalResponse review by Genie F.
Genie F.

"Reliable, tried and true! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, great analytics super templates!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a single thing I do not like...

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed! Whether your a novice or a pro the VR platform is easy to use! Saves you money and time! Highly productive tool!

This is a great tool for our non-profit clients that are working with a limited budget.

VerticalResponse review by James W.
James W.

"There's a lot to like about Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response makes it really easy to manage all of our email campaigns. The UI is very simple to use, and in every instance, their customer support has been very knowledgable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

We felt really limited by the campaign templates provided by VR, so we dedicated our resources and personnel to build our own HTML to import, but it would've been much better for us if there was more variety to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with all things, you'll want to compare services, but really try out everything that VR has to offer if you're going to go in that direction. Having a level of comfort with the UI and what your day-to-day usage will look like will go will enable you to make the best decision for your company.

The best all-around benefit is the cost-efficiency for the number of campaigns we can send; for the purposes of our small business, the various methods of campaign tracking has really enabled us to expand the reach of our content marketing and illustrations of our services.

VerticalResponse review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"I use Vertical Response for all of our company's mass emails"

What do you like best?

The ease of usage. You can easily create an email using an existing template or create your own.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I don't like about vertical response. If I had to say, probably I would like it if they did not count bounced back email addresses or unsubscribes as part of your email address limit, otherwise you have to delete all of these to make room for more or upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you switch to it. Even if you don't have much experience with building emails, they have an option of building your own in a "Microsoft word-like" setting.

It allows us to quickly get an email blast sent out to our entire customer base which is definitely beneficial in an emergency situation such as weather or technical issues.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator

"Mass email marketing for all levels of experience"

What do you like best?

Vertical response has a super simple interface that includes professional templates and customizable designs. You are able to manipulate an email in any way you'd like through the easy drag and drop system.

What do you dislike?

Vertical response could improve its bounce rate stats through improved research into the firewalls that are blocking the emails. This would increase the delivered emails which is a vital number to any business.

We are streamlining our brand through cohesive messaging via email. We are able to simply make copies of old email and update the content to match our needs.

VerticalResponse review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep lists current and to pull reports on sent emails.

What do you dislike?

At times design takes a while as fonts don't "stick" when text is inserted. Also, the received email looks different (from a layout standpoint) than what is seen in the design screen. This makes for a lot of back and forth to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always take a close look at your test email

This is a great tool for reaching our customers and maintaining mailing lists that allow customers to opt out. The reports are useful for follow up and we can test content/subject lines for best open/response rates

VerticalResponse review by Meredith C.
Meredith C.

"Great mass email/marketing tool when integrated with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

VerticalResponse offers plenty of templates and ways to customize your own newsletter templates via a design module or with HTML. As a nonprofit, we have access to a limited number of emails that we can send each month for free, but the limit is so high that we are able to take advantage of VerticalResponse for free, even while sending out at least 2 communications a month to our entire contact base. VerticalResponse emails are tracked in our HTML Email Activities both within Contact's Salesforce related list and via custom reporting. We can track opens and clicks at every level and adjust our processes accordingly to improve our open and click rates. It is intuitive to use!

What do you dislike?

The process of refreshing lists is a little burdensome. You should be able to not just select lists but also queries. Since it doesn't, my workaround is to refresh the list first, then go back into my draft to schedule or send the email. A little clunky. Also, I wish they would allow more than one Salesforce user account to work with a VerticalResponse account. We would like to have more than one editor of a newsletter but we can't do that in the Salesforce instance. Beyond that, no other complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The experience is better if you can use HTML to really customize your templates. While there are plenty to choose from, they aren't easy to customize, so better off making your own from scratch. VerticalResponse is great with Salesforce. I can't speak to the benefits of the tool as a stand alone product.

We needed the flexibility to send mass emails past the native limits in Salesforce. While there are plenty of mass email/newsletter products out there, we needed one that would use Salesforce as the contact database, and update the contacts if needed (e.g. email opt out). The app had to articulate in both directions with Salesforce. VerticalResponse was the best app available when I first investigated the exchange (i've used/promoted this app for the last 8 years across and with at least five different organizations). Even though there are even more options available now, I stick to VerticalResponse because it is still more intuitive than re-learning the others.

VerticalResponse review by User

"Every affordable, very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The process simple. Just three steps to sending our mailing lists, blasts and one-off communications.

What do you dislike?

Every once and awhile the template must be adjusted and it is important to want your heading text in the HTML version and the text based version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vertical Response is simple. Everything is easy to use. It is easy to manage lists. Easy to create new lists. Easy to manage newsletters, blasts and communications. The historical reports are good and the followup actions are helpful

Month customer newsletter. One-off communications to our customers. Marketing blasts to attract new customers

VerticalResponse review by Kimber S.
Kimber S.

"Using the classic version, but still effective for the most part."

What do you like best?

The ease in which emails can be sorted and bounced addresses phased out.

What do you dislike?

Email Wizard is not very easy to navigate. May be because we haven't upgraded, but it doesn't seem very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the monthly package if doing more than a couple emails per month. Also, get the newest version.

We are getting our newsletter out to our entire client base weekly and they all have the same clean formatting.

VerticalResponse review by Valeria C.
Valeria C.

"Easier to use compared to other products"

What do you like best?

Comparing Vertical Response to other tools similar to it, this one is much easier to use and simpler. It is easy to upload my designs and add links, backgrounds, very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I have used other softwares in the past and I disliked a lot of things from them. I find that Vertical Response is much better compared to them and so far I have not found anything that I dont like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to at least do a 1 month trial to compare it with what you use currently.

Email marketing campaigns for my clients.

VerticalResponse review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Great generosity for non-profits"

What do you like best?

They provide 10,000 free emails each month for non-profits. They also have really good list segmentation.

What do you dislike?

Their newer layout formats were harder to use, although optimized for mobile. They also have issues with being marked by spam on all Microsoft accounts (hotmail, live, outlook, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve and some limitations, but the product offered is one of the best on the markets.

We use VR to provide updates about events and keep people informed.

VerticalResponse review by Lynn E.
Lynn E.

"Great email newsletter tool for beginner and advanced users"

What do you like best?

This is a program that can be easily used with newsletter sign-ups online on your own website and for maintaining a segmented, targeted database. It also has a simple design tool that beginners can use to craft an email, along with the option for html creation for those with advanced knowledge of crafting online newsletters.

What do you dislike?

Having to update an html newsletter when I'm not familiar with html.... and sometimes I run out of room on my photo library storage. However, these are minor issues and easily overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

Sending targeted newsletters by interests of our prospects. Seeing the results, click-response, to those newsletters, so that our marketing programs can be adjusted.

VerticalResponse review by Jay I.
Jay I.

"Horrible service --- Way too many false positives on "reported clicks" from email campaigns."

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Thats about all I like.

What do you dislike?

We run email campaigns with links to download a paper, or watch a video, or attend an event. Post campaign we run a list of people that "clicked the link" so that we can call and follow-up. Come to find out that many of these reported clicks are "false clicks". They did not click the link after all. This ends up being a HUGE waste of time for our sales guys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. When I called support about this, they sweep it under the rug.

None. Now that I realize we are wasting our time following up on false clicks.

VerticalResponse review by Morris I.
Morris I.

"Needs improvement"

What do you like best?

easy to use templates made setting up new emails quick and painless

What do you dislike?

You cannot export analytics from the reporting dashboard?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need to create and send emails this is great. if you need to understand how those emails perform and tie back into a CRM consider a different solution.

keeping clients aware of our offerings and specials

VerticalResponse review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Use another mail client!"

What do you like best?

I mean....at the bare minimum it does what it's supposed to. So points for that, I guess.

What do you dislike?

How much space do you have?

What DON'T I dislike about it?! It's clunky and hard to work with. It tends to chop the edges off my finished documents. Even the Wizard feature isn't as user-friendly as they'd have you believe. The template feature is limited as all hell, and incorporating it into a document is a headache! YOU have to implement the Autosave feature, and heaven help you if you don't!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away! Save yourselves the headache and find another mail client....ANY mail client!

It does get mass emails sent, but not without a sacrifice to the gods and the tears of a yak.

VerticalResponse review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Might Work Better with Other CRM Softwares"

What do you like best?

I like that building the email is pretty user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

We cannot connect with our CRM software, so no capabilities for drip campaigns, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are able to connect with CRM

We love that we are able to get information out to all of our customers!

VerticalResponse review by Kaustubh V.
Kaustubh V.

"It has not been a pleasant experience while using this product/service."

What do you like best?

Nothing as such. I am disappointed after using this software. I have used for several years for sending marketing emails, but every time they make it so difficult.

What do you dislike?

Their technical support is pathetic. No one knows what's going on. The email results seemed to be made up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service has been degraded. Earlier they had good technical support but now somehow it seems to be degraded.

Sending marketing emails have been the problem while sending through this service. The emails don't reach the destination as I believe the server which sends emails have been blacklisted by most of the recipient servers.

VerticalResponse review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Pros and Cons of Vertical Response"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use and navigate, laid out in an intuitive way, filters out contacts that are duplicates or that have bounced back.

What do you dislike?

Website is frequently slow to load, not an easy way to import/export contacts from outlook, if you don't hit the save button when you're creating an email then you will lose your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare other options to Vertical Response before committing to this product, there may something available that is more tailored to what your business/company/organization needs.

Good way to send targeted emails out to select groups, can format things in a more stylistic way than emails would allow

VerticalResponse review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Kind of outdated but it works"

What do you like best?

I like that it is relatively easy to use. And gives options for visual or HTML base design. The templates are nice too.

What do you dislike?

It seems to be glitchy. Text does not format the way you want it too. Formatting will stick around after you delete something. I have found that I have to clear all formatting from by copy/pasting into note pad before I can change a styling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I remember they had came out with a new version but it was taking them a LONG time to move us from the old platform to the new one. WAY TOO LONG. I use HubSpot now and I like it much better but there are still cons to both. I looked into MailChimp as an alternative but switching can be daunting. I never got to use the new UI of Vertical Response so maybe it has stayed competitive with the other "shinier" ones.

Email marketing. It did the job but didn't look the prettiest. And the free templates were so so.

VerticalResponse review by Andy K.
Andy K.

"Vertical Response Review "

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and had a lot of easy to use templates for email campaigns and newsletter friendly features.

What do you dislike?

At times I found it a bit too basic and the user friendly nature of it started to work against it because I wanted more and for it to provide more context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to keep up with some of the other similar platforms I think they are either going to have to provide more options/features for the user to make the price worth its while.

We used Vertical Response to send out newsletters and blast emails in an efficient manner that would provide us with easy to use metrics and inter-workings.

VerticalResponse review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool to publish newsletter"

What do you like best?

The possibility to publish and distribute newsletter to your contacts very easily.

Import of contacts from Salesforce works very well

Statistics to follow how many contacts open the email, how many click on the links etc..

What do you dislike?

It was quite something to publish the first newsletter. I was not familiar with the software before (nor with publishing and distributing newsletters) so the learning curve was intense for me. But I walked through it with coworkers who are more experienced and with time it's getting easier.

The templates available seemed limited to me at first....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to publish and distribute your newsletter and track your contacts' interaction with the content you send.

Easily publish and distribute newsletter.

Track users interactions with newsletter we're sending

VerticalResponse review by Consultant in Building Materials
Consultant in Building Materials

"Worst Service Provider i have had the pleasure to use"

What do you like best?

I have nothing good to say about this Vertical Response.

What do you dislike?

Dealing with Customer service i was treated like a criminal. Apparently it is illegal to use email marketing for an established customer base. wait is that not VR's Business? Horrible to deal with and they don't like to refund your money once you give it to them. FYI this is the first time i have actually taken the time out of my day to write a bad review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use them

I have realized what a terrible company operates like. the only positive that came out of this is a lesson on how not to treat people

VerticalResponse review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Great Email Service Provider for start up company"

What do you like best?

Email marketing is a huge part of a business and it is a necessity to get our customer engaged and aware of our brand. I do like how vertical response is an affordable option for companies with a lower budget in marketing. They have an option to Pay as you go option which provides great flexibility.

This service offer a great balance of pricing, reliability, flexibility and analyzing.

I like how this software takes measure in the anti-spam policy.

I would say this software is one of the best entry level email marketing service provider that is on the same level as some other popular ones in the market.

I also enjoy how there is a huge online image storage for our newsletters! I believe it is about 20 MB.

What do you dislike?

Their campaign creating template lags and is a bit tad glitchy from my experience. It does get the job done but sometimes the browser lags and freezes, which delays some work time. I generally use google chrome for vertical response campaigns.

I also dislike that the spam checking tools are not very available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I enjoy this service because it real time reporting and statistics.

This is great for any company who is just starting out in the email marketing or for all start up companies because of the low cost and ease of usability.

When we had a very low budget for marketing, I used this software as an entry level email marketing service provider. The template creation was very easy so it was easy to train our employees. We were able to send small email segments for free and we were able to track our open rates and click through rates on our products.

VerticalResponse review by User in Higher Education

"VerticalResponse"

What do you like best?

I currently use the free version of Vertical Response to manage participant contact information and to send out email communications. One of the best features with Vertical Response is the large selection of templates available for emails and ease of use. I find the software to be extremely user-friendly!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am only able to add up to 200 participants and their contact information before signing up for a monthly subscription, however I do understand the necessity for creating and adhering to a cut-off for free use of the software vs. paid use of the software. I also feel that the entry fields for contact names/info could be easier to adapt and edit.

Communicating with large numbers of program participants in efficient way

VerticalResponse review by Frederick King-Chuen M.
Frederick King-Chuen M.

"Vertical Response is very useful in transmitting newsletters."

What do you like best?

That it was easy to format so that I could upload my newsfeed on the same template each week. Analytics were very good. Conversion of Newsletter to PDF was a good feature.

What do you dislike?

When the software was updated it did though me for a loop. Caused me to use the editor to reformat my template. used up so time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the template editor more user-friendly.

Trying to get newsfeed subscribers to actually log in and read and get feeedback. Was somewhat successful.

VerticalResponse review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Vertical Response is NOT user friendly"

What do you like best?

It's okay with customizing templates, but other than that...not much to say.

What do you dislike?

You can only upload JPEGs, it's text editor does not deal with formatted text well. I need to copy in plain text if I want it to in any way resemble what it is meant to in the viewer. The plain text version is terrible. Social share options look like they are from 1998.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

Very few.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A happy user since 2011"

What do you like best?

I've been a happy user of VerticalResponse since 2011. Use it for regular mailing campaigns to customers and prospective customers. Great layouts, tracking, functionality. Easy to copy and adjust previously used layouts; easy to re-target previously emailed targets; and easy to build new lists by combining previous targets (e.g. all who didn't open or click in any of last week's various emails, etc.).

What do you dislike?

There are two things I dislike:

1) The new VerticalResponse looks great and has more responsive designs and looks even easier to use than the old version. Unfortunately, there is NO way for old version customers to just have all their info transferred to the new version (and I double-checked with customer support). You'd have to do it manually and lose a lot of historical data. Seems to me like that should be an automatic transfer for old customers.

2) VerticalResponse doesn't have as many integrations with CRM products as other email marketing solutions.

Great tool for keeping in touch with customers or notifying customers and prospects about new updates/products/promotions.

VerticalResponse review by User

"Great way to communicate with a large amount of people"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response has great customization features to be able to group users to send various types of communication. It is an inexpensive (free for most) way to communicate with a large amount of people.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues with it so far.

I am able to communicate different types of information to many people in a minute or less!

VerticalResponse review by Stephen N.
Stephen N.

"Love the Auto Resending to UnOpened Addresses"

What do you like best?

Being able to send a new email to those users who didn't open/engage with the 1st email. This alone is the reason we have moved to use this service. Also they have the lowest pricing out of the big providers.

What do you dislike?

Templates aren't as easy to customize as some other providers, but overall inline with most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the pricing, its great and the 2nd email that goes out will always increase your results!

Getting more exposure for the emails we send, as getting the sending of the 2nd email increases our overall open rates and engagement by double digits!

VerticalResponse review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Vertical Response review"

What do you like best?

List management is very easy if your lists are organized and clean.

What do you dislike?

Design functions are really limiting and static.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't know HTML, definitely teach yourself or take a class so you can import your own code. Makes the designs MUCH improved!

At my company, cost is our highest concern so we currently use this platform for one audience group, and another platform for another in order to keep costs low. Unfortunately, the designs are totally different and very limiting and we are unable to make the emails look uniform without putting in our own code.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Not bad, cheap, improved over the past year"

What do you like best?

I like that they seem to be working on themselves. I've noticed a big jump in the past year. It's also free which is nice

What do you dislike?

It can be a little confusing with lists, contact forms, etc.

Reaching those who sign up for events and have attended past events.

VerticalResponse review by Simon M.
Simon M.

"Nice basics, but nothing flashy"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity, and the forced step-by-step processing

What do you dislike?

Vertical Response has really basic layout options and visuals

Personal email communications outside of company email addresses

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple tool for complex problems"

What do you like best?

The analytics breakdown per segment is extremely useful and has allowed us to retarget specific audiences more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Managing lists and segments can become pretty cumbersome over time.

Vertical Response has allowed us to send email to prospect audiences without cluttering our CRM. It allows us to manage various touch-points with a broader audience and them bring them into our CRM only when they have provided their most current and up-to-date information.

VerticalResponse review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Regarding creating and sending emails, It's very intuitive to use the system.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit dated looking compared to other email services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of the ease of use and ability to customize I would recommend.

We use it to send a monthly newsletter to clients and prospective clients. We just need to be able to created a newsletter that has our look and feel and that is easy to navigate on the user end.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"VerticalResponse is a great way to reach out to your customers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to deliver newsletters to customers

What do you dislike?

Hard to know how well the delivery rate is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their free trial to make sure the service works out for you.

The ability to constantly communicate with customers. The benefit of being able to use the application from anywhere on a web browser.

VerticalResponse review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Good email software"

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is very user friendly. I like that you can create a canvas email and do not always need to use HTML. We were able to add a few canvas emails so people who did not know HTML were able to send emails.

It also allows you to great a ton of list. We have have about 75 list of people that we mail to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when you schedule an email it does not always go out at that time. We had a fundraising email with the subject line 3 hour left. This email went out 2 hours after the scheduled time and we looked kind of dumb for having that subject line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all the software available. There may be something better.

We use VR to send emails to our donors about upcoming events and to ask for donations.

VerticalResponse review by User in Financial Services

"Vertical Response Email is Terrible for Business"

What do you like best?

Nothing - Wasted my Time only to have them take my 1400 private email client list and block my account with a Spring Beach email I sent with note to call me to Refinance their home loan - I am a Mortgage Broker. This is ptitful. Call to Customer Service stated they don;t allow various "words" in their emails.. MORTGAGE and REFINANCE are bad words to this Company apparently.

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What do you dislike?

Everything and the whole concept of their business

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

That there exists people like this online...still in 2015 that come up with these type of company's.

VerticalResponse review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Great experience with some tweaks I would love to see"

What do you like best?

They pricing option for nonprofits which really help our budgeting.

Easy to use interface.

List management tools.

What do you dislike?

Cannot unsubscribe to just one list, is all or nothing.

Would love to have better integration.

No very flexible with regard to the data we can collect from sign-up form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Vertical Response is an excellent product for small businesses and nonprofits. It has a simple UI, and a helpful library of templates. It is a very useful tool in general, and a great transition product if you are not yet ready for a complete CRM solution.

Migrated organization from old listserv platform to a more robust email marketing tool.

VerticalResponse review by Darren W.
Darren W.

"Vertical Response - a simple to use system but could be better"

What do you like best?

Integration with our CRM system, Bullhorn, means that updating lists for campaigns is easy and simple

What do you dislike?

fairly basic and not as full of features as some of the other products available on the market. however, it is easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

an ok system if you are lookig for something simple out of the box, but lacks some of the feaures and reporting of other products available

marketing via email and customer feedback campaign management

VerticalResponse review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Vertical Response "

What do you like best?

Affordable and always improving without increasing price

What do you dislike?

They don't close down during updates. Sometimes it hampers when you are in process on something

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best customer service hands down

Better open rates. Easy way to mange contacts

Learning about VerticalResponse?

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.