VerticalResponse

VerticalResponse

33 ratings
25 6.7 / 10
Request a Demo
VerticalResponse provides email marketing software and services for small and medium businesses in a variety of industries.

VerticalResponse Reviews (25 reviews)

• I have the UI particularly easy to navigate with VR. We had had a series of campaigns that had 3-4 very similarly designed emails. The plethora of templates combined... Read More
    0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
    Joe G.
    Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
  • Salesforce integration, list segmentation, personalization, Google analytics integration, professional pre-made templates, better for non-profits and smaller businesses Read More
    0 xjj5wpbbhhp7gdalxsxnwab9xwnucu7lgvdvwa6fru8gghz51rdwfltdofqt3wmdyo0uqn4lycys
    Lisa L. W.
User in Financial Services - VerticalResponse Review Author
Updated On

Vertical Response Email is Terrible for Business

What do you like best?

Nothing - Wasted my Time only to have them take my 1400 private email client list and block my account with a Spring Beach email I sent with note to call me to Refinance their home loan - I am a Mortgage Broker. This is ptitful. Call to Customer Service stated they don;t allow various "words" in their emails.. MORTGAGE and REFINANCE are bad words to this Company apparently.

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What do you dislike?

Everything and the whole concept of their business

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am sorry I'm not sending Cupcake recipes or my take on the Kardashians.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

That there exists people like this online...still in 2015 that come up with these type of company's.

Simple Yet Robust Direct Mail Marketing Tool

What do you like best?

Vertical Response is my "go to" email marketing tool. When the team is still trying to figure out which tool to use for email marketing and/or complete marketing automation, I buy VR credits to use until they're done with the decision making process.

It is easy to use and has a great variety of templates & designs for those who have never sent an email blast before. Yet it is still great for those of us who've been doing direct marketing for years.

It forces you to check your work and to test the email before sending. This is great for those of us who are rushed yet still want everything to be perfect.

Things I love:

~ Their reporting tools

~ Their upload tools are smart (no more emailing to dupes or broken email addresses!)

~ Ability to send again later to non-responders

~ Ability to send at a specific date & time in the future

~ Ability to buy credits on the fly if you need more than you have

It even has a postcard feature in case your industry is still using...

What do you dislike?

When I was using it regularly in 2013, the Salesforce integration didn't allow team members to share historical data about email campaigns individual members were sending. Each person could only see their own email stats. Hopefully this has changed since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it even while you consider which tool to use. I don't always end up using VR when we're choosing a tool.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Integrated (mostly) with Salesforce. You can use VR inside of SFDC and share email credits with your team, but you can't share history of individual emails sent (as of mid-2013).

No "per user" fee.

No long term obligation. Having commitment issues? Not sure if VR is the right tool to use for email marketing? Thinking of other tools? Use only what you need until you decide. There is no recurring fee. You pay for a fixed number of email credits and are not charged again until you ask for more.

Don't have a designer and/or HTML guru? No problem. They have design templates and allow you to build the HTML using a graphic editor.

Validated Review

Vertical Response _ Promises According to Your Hopes - Performs According to Your Fears

What do you like best?

The core functionality of the software is good.

What do you dislike?

They are very late in delivering the upgrade version with robust functionality, thus, we are stuck with the Classic Edition. The weekly newsletter released on Monday when reposted to VR Social generates a 403 Forbidden error. It is hard to conceive that a company that is involved in social media can't figure out over three months of support requests to enable their own communication to be forwarded to others without your corporate network. The html template for coding a newsletter requires a HIGH degree of HTML knowledge. Their editors are basic and you really have no clue how your emails will appears will scene on varying platforms.

Great concept - poor results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere and comparison shop.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Social media marketing to clients

Updated On
Validated Review

Great experience with some tweaks I would love to see

What do you like best?

They pricing option for nonprofits which really help our budgeting.

Easy to use interface.

List management tools.

What do you dislike?

Cannot unsubscribe to just one list, is all or nothing.

Would love to have better integration.

No very flexible with regard to the data we can collect from sign-up form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Vertical Response is an excellent product for small businesses and nonprofits. It has a simple UI, and a helpful library of templates. It is a very useful tool in general, and a great transition product if you are not yet ready for a complete CRM solution.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Migrated organization from old listserv platform to a more robust email marketing tool.

Validated Review

A great solution for non-profits

What do you like best?

The best feature for us is that it is free for non-profit organizations which allowed us to make the switch to a more comprehensive email marketing tool.

What do you dislike?

Where we struggle in the switch from just sending Outlook emails and using VR or any similar tool is that for a significant number of recipients, it is going in their spam folder. The emails come from -----@mail.vresp.com not from us. I'm sure for additional cost we could probably change this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a non-profit and/or just getting started, I would give it some serious consideration. It was very easy to learn and has some great features.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are now communicating with our constituents in a much more consistent way, but we also have an incredible amount of data and insight on how effective our communications have been.

Do you like gift cards?

Amazon 5 acb2afc66dfe6e51202b4e162a57da805ec9b95eb7f040e8b25be06cd783556f

Write your first review today, and we’ll send you a $5 Amazon gift card as a thanks for your time and input.

Review Now

Tags

* We monitor all VerticalResponse reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about VerticalResponse?